Monday February 11th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

236 Responses to Monday February 11th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, February 11, 2019

“Guard Your Heart”

2. citizen817 says:

SOUTHERN UTAH IS NOTORIOUS FOR DARK SKIES, AND THIS NIGHT WAS NO EXCEPTION.

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

More Than Conquerors

Two boys fight in a back alley. Fists fly. Shouts go up from the other youngsters standing by. “Give it to ‘im! Let ‘im have it!”

Finally one of the two struts away with an arrogant bearing, head and shoulders wagging. He has won!

But has he? Look at him. He has a bloody nose, a black eye and welts on his face and arms. And if looks could kill he wouldn’t even be alive, for while his friends shout his praises, the boy he has beaten gives him a look that says: “Just wait.” He has not won anything except, perhaps, a bitter and lasting enemy.

So it is with the wars that nations wage against each other. Necessary as it sometimes becomes to defend our liberties, our homes, our way of life, by force of arms, seldom does any nation actually win the war. Rather all lose, even the “victors,” as in their “victories” they sow the bitterness and hate which are the seeds of future wars.

It is different, however, with “the good fight of [the] faith,” for the Christian may come out of every battle stronger than when he went in. Only the Christian can say with regard to the heartaches and disappointments, the difficulties and obstacles, that cross his path: “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us” (Rom. 8:37).

During Paul’s busy ministry for Christ he suffered a painful “thorn in the flesh,” and “besought the Lord thrice” that it might be taken away. The Lord did not see fit to remove the thorn, but answered Paul:

“My grace is sufficient for thee, for My strength is made perfect in weakness” (IICor. 12:9).

Paul’s response:

“Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me… for when I am weak, then am I strong” (Vers. 9,10).

Let all go well, and we are prone to grow careless in our Christian lives. Adversity, on the other hand, makes Christians lean the harder and pray the more — and therein lies their strength and their victory.

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

2Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

6. dbethd says:

BigMamaTea kitteh yoga?

• Linda K says:

Nice to see Baron smile!

• P says:

I think Baron probably smiles and laughs a lot (in private). We don’t see it because I think he learned early on to be quite wary and watchful when he is “outside,” especially after what he’s been put through and what he sees his father and family being put through by the media and so many others who vilify all of them 24/7.

President Trump is our president but he’s Baron’s beloved father and I’m sure it hurts Baron a lot the way his father and loved ones are treated. We who love this family don’t get to see him smile because we only see him when he is on his guard and wary.

God mightily bless our President, Baron, Melania, and all their loved ones. Please bring peace to America and keep our President and his family safely sheltered under Your wings as they continue trying to help all Americans.

Psalm 17:8-9 (1599 Geneva Bible)
        8 Keep me as the apple of the eye: hide me under the shadow of Thy wings, 9 From the wicked that oppress me, from mine enemies, which compass me round about for my soul.

Ruth 2:12 (1599 Geneva Bible)
        The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under Whose wings thou art come to trust.

Father God, help us Make America Good Again. Help us love You with all our heart, soul, and mind. And may the peace of God which passeth all understanding, preserve our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Amen

7. Garrison Hall says:

“All Across The City” is a signature Jim Hall piece. As a working jazz musician, Jim Hall made his living working in NYC bars and nightclubs. This piece always causes me to imagine what he might have felt in one of those existential, early AM moments . . . the last set’s over, the club’s closing, and the world’s most dynamic city is quiet . . . There are several versions of this on Youtube, although strangely the best one, made with pianist George Shearing, is oddly missing. This one, made with Pat Metheny, brings two of the world’s great jazz guitarists together.

8. Garrison Hall says:

I’ve always liked dogs and, happily, they always seem to sense that I’m their friend so they usually like me too. I think something similar is going on with this couple and their pit-bull.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Pit bull escapes home, leads police back to save owner from gas leak

TUCKAHOE, NY (News 12 Westchester/CNN) — An 11-year-old pit bull is being hailed as a hero by police and her owner after she forced her way out of her home and alerted officers to a natural gas leak inside.

Dog owner Serena Costello says her 11-year-old pitbull Sadie is usually obedient when she’s left home alone.

“Never as long as I’ve had her – never tried to escape, leave, run out on her own,” Costello said.

So, it was extremely unusual when Costello got a phone call from police Wednesday afternoon that Sadie had gotten loose.

“My initial reaction was aggravated because she was a bad girl,” Costello said.

But as it turned out, Sadie wasn’t being a bad girl at all. The pit bull led officers back to her home where they made a scary discovery – a gas leak.

“Officers noticed a sliding glass rear door opened with an odor of natural gas emanating from the house,” said Lt. Lawrence Rotta with Tuckahoe Police. “The natural gas inside the house can accumulate to the point where if, God forbid, someone came home and turned on the light switch, there could be a potential explosion.”

Costello says Sadie first attempted to escape out the front door before she eventually made her way to the back. She believes the pit bull knew something was wrong that day and potentially saved her life.

“She came on over here and just dug away until she was able to slide this [door] open and nuzzle her way out,” she said. “She knows she saved the day, and she’s happy about it. She feels she did her job. She really is a hero.”

The gas leak has since been patched.

9. Lucille says:

HAPPY BENCH MONDAY…

Oshawa, Ontario at Memorial Park…

My backyard (I wish)…

Hazard Peak and view of Morro Bay in Montaña de Oro State Park near San Luis Obispo, CA…

Somewhere inGreece…

A California winter day in Ventura (where my mother and father met in 1933)…

• RyderLee says:

Oh ! Lucille ! Wonderful , wonderful benches !
      Thank you !

• rrick says:

I do enjoy these bench pictures As a woodworker I have an interest in various designs. Perhaps the most elegant was what I found in London’s Hyde Park.

I believe that would be Valencia Peak, not Hazard’s. It is an easy hike to the ~1400 foot summit for spectacular views. Hazard Canyon is below which drifts down through a majestic stand of Eucalyptus to a reef and surf spot.

The pier is the last of the old Standard Oil piers. There is a ripping surf break because of the pier. The Surfrider Foundation and others made a loud hue and cry over ‘cleaning up’ the coast. Basically, it was an angry cry to remove all traces of the ‘unsightly’ oil industry. When the oil company set to remove this particular pier, Surfrider and their cohorts reversed their position. To bolster their reversed position they went so far as to voice a concern for the sea life which would die if the pier were removed. Apparently the life on other structures were not as special. Hypocrisy on parade.

• Lucille says:

Hi, rrick…it’s a pretty view…the URL could easily have the wrong description (Central-Coast/SLO/Hazard/Peak/Hazard_Peak_Trail). It’s been many years since I was there. All family is long gone, and I live 1300 miles away.

Thanks for the info on the Surfrider Foundation. That “unsightly” oil industry still supports the California economy greatly. But being typical lefties, they don’t have a clue what makes an economy work.

Mmmm, let’s see…they drive cars, take airplane trips, eat, drink, wear clothes, etc., right? There’s almost nothing that’s not connected to the oil and gas industry at one point even if it’s the mere transporting of goods to market and people to their jobs. Maybe they’re expecting to strap goods on the backs of illegal aliens and have them run over hill and dale to deliver?

10. smiley2 says:

The Bridge Builder ~ In Loving Memory

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein ~ 1951-2019

Israeli-American, Rabbi Eckstein founded the philanthropic International Fellowship of Christians and Jews (based in Chicago and Jerusalem) in 1983..

sadly, he died on Feb 6, 2019…heart attack…

a very devoted man for the Jewish people…particularly, the Holocaust survivors and Jews trying to return to Israel.

Rest In Peace ~ Shalom ❤

• warrprin1 says:

R.I.P., Rabbi. So deeply saddened to have to say good-bye. Thank you for the wonderful work you’ve done. His daughter will be taking over at the helm of this important project, according to the email message sent out by the organization. This wonderful man will be sorely missed by many. For anyone interested in making a donation to help elderly Jewish people who are struggling in very cold winter climates, as well as in Israel, donations can be made to the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. Thank you for posting this news, Smiley. Shalom.

11. SueZ2u says:

Democrats reward harassment of the Palin family:

View this post on Instagram

WARNING— GRAPHIC CONTENT— Sexual Harassment, Stalking, Deadly Threats… Democrats Proudly Reward Criminal for Making Palin Life Hell https://alaskalandmine.com/landmines/convicted-bristol-palin-stalker-now-working-in-the-capitol/ It has been years of DEADLY THREATS and SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Delusional Peter Paul Ferrero. None of us had ever met him but he’s always insisted to officials “I” hired him in Florida to work for me, insisting Bristol, Willow & I all had affairs with him. Listen to him here, freaking out threatening us when he read Willow got a dog. (Caution: GRAPHIC CONTENT) He’s communicated over 17,000 messages plus harassed and threatened my parents and siblings with calls and communications for years. The criminal moved to Alaska from Florida, broke onto Bristol’s property and vandalized – arrested, more lies, more abuse, etc. etc. etc; life’s hell and scary for my daughters with this criminal. His torment continues to this day as my girls always have to look over their shoulders, always dread what stalkers will do next, always doubting many officials cared about the sexual and physical harassment aimed at innocent young women. And I understand my family’s concern because many people seem downright thrilled at what stalkers have done – and continue to do. It’s puzzling many don’t care about ramifications of our stalkers’ actions over these years – all our reporting, all the attorney bills, all our warnings. We’ve witnessed that people don’t care nor seem to worry until it happens to them. My hope is this doesn’t happen to others, despite democrats empowering the person to continue the evil. Great job, democrats.

A post shared by Sarah Palin (@sarahpalin97) on

• Lucille says:

I’m assuming he’s the young one, though old guys can certainly be delusional, too. Rewarding criminality is right inline with the Democrat agenda and has been since the beginning of their corrupt party.

• Pale rider says:

take the guy on an Alaska hunting trip, or fishing.

• andyocoregon says:

I trust all the Palins carry concealed. That seems to be about the only way to stop him.

• olderwiser21 says:

Really upsetting. Why isn’t this guy in jail? Why doesn’t he have a restraining order against him? Does anyone know more of the back story on this?

• SueZ2u says:

He plead guilty, I think, was convicted and apparently served his time. I don’t know if he has caused much trouble in the last few years, but he has no business working for politicians in the state capital. It is obvious that he is unhinged. There have been severalpeople that have went to jail for stalking the Palins. Most of them don’t get hired by Democrats, openly anyway.

• olderwiser21 says:

Thanks, Sue – I assumed police nowadays take stalking pretty seriously, so I could’t see how this guy was out free as a bird. Sooner or later I assume this will end badly for someone, unfortunately, because he sounds like a total loon.

12. citizen817 says:

Funny 😂🤣😂

13. JX says:

What’s the best-kept-secret 100th anniversary of 2019?

With all the socialism swag in the Democratic Party these days, it might surprise you that this year marks the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party USA,

14. smiley2 says:

the Beto March

O’Rourke To Lead Anti-Wall March During Trump Rally In El Paso

Feb 8, 2019

he will be “teaming” with “dozens” of civic and human rights organizations for a Monday evening march in El Paso….

…in defiance of PDJT’s “narrative” about the US-Mexican border…claiming it’s all lies ..

that (non-event) is supposed to start at the Bowie High School at 5 pm tonight (Mountain Time) and they’ll all march to the Chalio Acosta Sports Center where Beto will “speak” around 7 pm.

still hasn’t quite decided whether or not he’s running in 2020.

kinda hope he does…the Left needs some comic relief, jmo.

15. JX says:

The United States could suspend all legal immigration to the country for the next 40 years and maintain a workforce where there are still more than two U.S. workers for every one retiree, a new study finds.

16. Linda K says:

O.K. This is upsetting..Here is the real purpose of infanticide. Truly wicked people.

17. smiley2 says:

When In Rome

oil/linen

ca 2017

Field of Provence

oil/linen

(no date)

James Richards ~ American (Georgia) ~ Contemporary ~ Impressionism

award-winning and completely “self-taught”…..more, here…

the Artist…in Provence…

…with a friend. 🐱 🙂

18. Dora says:

That Magical Time Between Daylight and Darkness in Lower New York

by Edward Willis Redfield, 1910

19. smiley2 says:

nice painting…esp with a left-click…

and…you might enjoy this…over 50 historical photos from the NYC Municipal Archives…

🙂

20. Anybody else think Mike looked rather big last night ? What a vision! :-/

21. Dora says:

I wonder what she would think of the way her kids turned out.

Not commenting – just wondering.

22. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”
    1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)

23. getfitnow says:

FTA – Conservative artist Joy Villa has done it again. Her third year in a row making a political statement at the Grammy Awards, the singer showed up to this year´s red carpet in Los Angeles on Sunday wearing a dress tailored to look like President´s Trump planned border wall. The gown featured a design with white bricks and black mortar. Resting on Villa´s shoulders was a ring of barbed wire, complementing a steal crown on her head. On her back in red letters read the message: “Build the wall.” Villa also carried a red “Make America Great Again” purse.

24. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

25. Dora says:

Another case of Nazi looted art. There are still so many.

===

Germany: Texas museum stands by ownership of disputed art

26. nikkichico7 says:

When God Says No
    FEBRUARY 11, 2019
    2 Corinthians 12:7-10

We’ve all made foolish requests of God, which we’re now glad He didn’t answer. But this is easily forgotten when He’s presently withholding something we think is good. With so many scriptural promises to answer prayer, why is God saying no? According to His Word, there are several possible reasons.

God has forbidden it. God won’t contradict His Word or will, so praying for something prohibited in Scripture is futile. Because of Moses’ disobedience, God had decreed the leader wouldn’t enter the Promised Land. Moses asked Him to reconsider but was told not to speak of it again (Deut. 1:37; Deut. 3:23-28).

It’s for our protection. Because of the divine revelations Paul received, God allowed a “thorn in the flesh” to remain in order to keep him from exalting himself. The Lord prioritizes our spiritual protection over physical comfort.

God has a higher goal for us. Christ’s power was displayed in the weakness caused by Paul’s thorn. Knowing the higher goal for his suffering allowed Paul to be content and even appreciative of his weakness for Christ’s sake.

The Lord has something better for us. Jesus didn’t immediately heal Lazarus. Mary and Martha couldn’t yet understand that He was going to do something even greater—raising Lazarus, which would glorify God (John 11:1-44).

Our motives are wrong. James says one of the reasons we don’t receive our request is because we’re asking for selfish reasons and not according to God’s will (John 4:3).

Many times we won’t understand the good that God is doing by withholding what we desire. But these examples let us know we can trust Him.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

27. nikkichico7 says:

Revelation 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be to our God for ever and ever. Amen.

28. Dave says:

It had been a busy Saturday night in the confessional booth for Father O’Casey. Things finally were winding down, and he looked forward to going home and getting some deserved sleep. Just as he was about to leave his booth, he heard one last parishioner enter the church. The footsteps approached and stopped. The adjacent door was opened and the last person of the night entered. Unbeknownst to the good Father, it was the neighborhood drunk. All was quiet for a long five minutes. Finally, Father O’Casey rapped his knuckles on the partition wall. No answer. He tried again, a little louder. This time a voice from the other side slurred, “Forget it, pal…there’s no paper in here either!”

29. bluebongo says:

RIP Shannon, you were a warrior, it was an honor to work with you.

30. F.D.R. in Hell says:

31. Les Standard says:

A few years ago there was a major study by Swiss Economist Professors specializing in banking using super computers to study the economic trading of the whole world. They found that a rather limited number of families owned 40% of the world’s wealth and with that controlled 80% of the world industry. They also found that there was a very great amount of interlocking board of directors for large companies with many of the same people being on a large number of boards. These professors pointed out that all this interlocking ownership and bosses was an extreme concentration of power that creates instability in the world economy that was shown in the banking crises of 2008. Since a world estimate of total yearly gross world product of a year plus all the assets is about 500 trillion obviously the Rothschild family doesn’t have 500 trillion. But the Rothschild family has far more than the 400+ million that the Forbes magazine said a few years ago. They tell Forbes how much money to say they have. This list of the mega-billionaire families that own 40% of the world’s wealth is probably not much more than 100 families. There is very little publicity about some of these families. There are ways to hide big money legal and illegal. The Rothschilds are the richest most powerful family in the world. The Rothschild family like these other super elite overlord families is heavily into the occult. Mayer Amschel Rothschild’s father was a Cabbalist Rabbi.

• smiley2 says:

Hi there…I’m Jacob Rothschild …..

…the Head of the Bilderberg Group

so pleased to meet you.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“They found that a rather limited number of families owned 40% of the world’s wealth and with that controlled 80% of the world industry.”

“The Rothschild family like these other super elite overlord families is heavily into the occult.”

Here is a website devoted to that material. Just enter the search term of your choice and hit “ENTER”.

“….Today, the internet is the battlefield and we should be “on-duty” soldiers defending our values and pillars of the society and family. We need to find each other, come together and fix the mess that we made sending people in Congress to work against us. Nobody can fill the gap, but we “The People’ ourselves. No one is going to save our poor children who instead of doing the math, should only deal with what they have in their pants,“discover” if that thing matches their identity and which bathroom to choose.

What does an average person know about people like George Soros? What does an average person know about the Rothschilds? If you want to inform people, how much information you need to transfer? Too much information is like Leprosy. It eats itself but crumbs make bread. That was what I did. I put “necessary” information of each crumb to make my bread and to be able to connect a ring of people who betrayed us.

Filthy Shades of Deception; will be a series of books and the philosophy behind these series is all about revelation. PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW. If it’s hard for them to collect the evidence, we do it for them….”

32. massivedeplorable says:

AN OASIS OF CIVILITY IN AN UNCIVILIZED WORLD

My wife and I celebrated her umteenth 39th birthday this weekend at Charleston Place Hotel. What an amazing time! We stayed on the Club Floor which requires a key to get the elevator to go to the penthouse floor. Once you are there you are greeted with a cozy living room styled lounge with a bar serving free fine wines and top shelf spirits. There is a banquet of breakfast, lunch, High Tea and dinner foods that follow the clock in the reception area- all free. The rooms are beautifully sized and elegantly decorated with elegant cozy furniture and an Italian Marble spa bath.

The hotel has a Parisian spa with marble steam rooms, gracious vanity and changing areas, indoor pool and Jacuzzi, and these separate spa rooms that ladies can get mani-pedis, massages, exotic oil treatments, facials, etc. etc. Same for the Gents.

On the main floor is a restaurant that is simply outstanding. Well dressed guests enjoy live jazz in the bar, and the main dining room allows the music to fill the room as a lovely background. The staff is highly trained and the most professional I have experienced outside Palm Beach. It was especially refreshing not to see blue jeans, baseball caps and sneakers on the patrons. People dress UP when they come here. What a refreshing change of pace from the new contemptuous “casual” way. Dinner was a six course chef’s sampler with 6 wine parings. There aren’t words to describe this!

If you are ever planning to visit Charleston make a point to try these places out. It’s not overpriced, but it’s not cheap either. It’s worth the time and the price.

33. andyocoregon says:

RBG could be dead or on life support. We need proof she is still able to perform her duties. IMO, if she cannot sit on the bench, she’s not doing the job.

34. notfaded1 says:

Not a crisis aye? https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/10/illegal-immigration-mexico-border-pace-worst-2007/

No where is it worse than here in Arizona where I live. It’s time to build the new wall period. I’m sick and tired of this…

35. Sandra-VA says:

Test

36. Right to reply says:

Everyone should read this to the end. A huge step toward Communism about to kick off in America https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/universal-basic-income-finland-ontario-stockton_us_5c5c3679e4b00187b558e5ab