President Donald Trump sends a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi regarding concerns over the State of the Union and the temporary government shutdown.   UPDATE: Speaker Pelosi responds; revokes initial invitation; refuses to call for joint session.

Dear Madam Speaker:

Thank you for your letter of January 3, 2019, sent to me long after the Shutdown began, inviting me to address the Nation on January 29th as to the State of the Union. As you know, I had already accepted your kind invitation, however, I then received another letter from you dated January 16, 2019, wherein you expressed concerns regarding security during the State of the Union Address due to the Shutdown. Even prior to asking, I was contacted by the Department of Homeland Security and the United States Secret Service to explain that there would be absolutely no problem regarding security with respect to the event. They have since confirmed this publicly.

Accordingly, there are no security concerns regarding the State of the Union Address. Therefore, I will be honoring your invitation, and fulfilling my Constitutional duty, to deliver important information to the people and Congress of the United States of America regarding the State of our Union.

I look forward to seeing you on the evening on January 29th in the Chamber of the House of Representatives. It would be so very sad for our Country if the State of the Union were not delivered on time, on schedule, and very importantly, on location!

Sincerely,

Donald J. Trump

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Government Shutdown, Legislation, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

490 Responses to President Donald Trump Sends Letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi – UPDATE: Pelosi Responds….

1. Doogiesblog says:

Upon hearing about the cancellation of the SOTU until government opens, at first I was mad, and then frustrated. Now I can acknowledge that President Trump is acting like the adult in the room. Let ol’ nan own this.

• Robert Smith says:

Yeah, not the best for my smack down fantasies. But Democrats provide more evidence of collective insanity everyday so why not let them destroy themselves?

• mugzey302 says:

It will be a LONG time (if ever) before Pelosi gets over being shamed by POTUS yanking that military aircraft jaunt out from under her!! 👏

2. Beverly says:

God, I hate this woman. Her and her whole rabble.

3. exdeadhead says:

When the wall has been funded and the government does finally re-open, President Trump gets the huge venue last word while the Dems sit and scowl. The response message will drip sour grapes. Primary take away, Dem hate for DJT and USA.

It’ll be glorious. Well done sir.

4. L Lee says:

It would be nice if there were a hush in the country on January 29th

5. inspectorudy says:

This is like eating something that you do not like but know its good for you. I think that Trump should have held the SOTU speech somewhere else and make pelosi the first and only Speaker in American history to have refused the POTUS the right to give the address to the American people!