January 19th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #730

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,013 Responses to January 19th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #730

1. I won't back down says:

Blue Helmets v. Landmines or Shoot on Site – I am getting nervous (help me).

Landmines are outlawed so i don’t really know what the right strategy is to completely shut down the desperate dash for our Southern border short of military orders to “shoot to kill” In my mind I cannot get there. I don’t know if there is some other mahem that can be inflicted (beyond the wall solution) that will disincentivize the attempts to cross the border (or to stop the trip up from Honduras, etc.). The Constantine wire was a nice touch and I hope we don’t hurt anyone at the same time that some muscle really needs to be flexed militarily. Again, we are at a “peacetime” stance on our borders but have mobilized some of the military down there. We have to protect our soldiers and their leaders from liability so we give them “rules of engagement” which currently do not allow the use of lethal force to stop this invasion and the incursions into our sovereignty.

Again I am just musing out loud here. Someone needs to come up with the creative solutions to make this stop at the source (way way back in Honduras) not flood the border with refugee camps which makes me have PTSD about warzone displacements and begs for the UN to come traipsing in to try to “solve a problem” I am fine with the blue helmets in Mex but not in any us states. Thus the terms getting tossed about like “humanitarian crisis” makes me VERY nervous cuz almost every single time that happens the blue helmets show up almost uninvited.

• Perot Conservative says:

We just gave Mexico $10 BILLION for their southern border!

Snookered again?

• Sharon says:

Perot is there real proof that we gave Mexico $10 Billion or is this just BS from MSM ? Why do we believe everything that comes out in print?

• dman1971 says:

The military ALWAYS has the right of self defence regardless of ROE (rules of engagement). If their lives are threatened they will indeed respond with deadly force. By the way the order for them to do so was already given to them.

• nimrodman says:

Israel-style dual razor-wired fences or steel-slat barriers, with ditch system and dual patrol roads between the fences and a third patrol road US-ward of the entire system

Maybe steel-slat barrier on Mex side, fence system on US side. Razor wire at base and top of both. Multiple coils, a tangled-to-bejeesus rats nest of a mess

Sensors to alert on mischief such as fence-cutting, digging, tunneling

Patrols respond with microwave heat-emission denial systems, other similar measures

Snipers with rules of engagement that allow them to shoot at fence tamperers

Humvee-mounted .50-cals if mobs bum-rush the zone

Total denial. It’s the only way

No more setting foot in America uninvited and illegally

Want to apply for asylum?

Visit the US Embassy in Mexico City, Tegucicalpa, etc. Fill out the written form, go home and wait. Check back whenever

Done

Anything less is half-measures

• LafnH20 says:

Build the WALL and it will never START (way way back) in Honduras…
      Or (way way back)in El Salvador…

Or (way way back) anywhere else…

Build the WALL and Mehico will see to it that it doesn’t start…. (way way anywhere)

They only escort/allow them because we have an OPEN BORDER.

Build the WALL….

This CRAP ALL STOPS!!

Purdy simple.

• Therapeutic Masculinity says:

SHOOT THE SCUMBAGS a mile away so you don’t have to look at them or smell them. We are under attack, deadly, evil attack. Enough with the Nancy boy stuff. MAGA/KAG !

• Hereward the Woke says:

Nope. Killing is not the answer. Let’s just apply the law. No entry illegally. If you really want to become a US citizen, apply the normal way.

• Dixie says:

It’s time to take a serious stand against the riff raff, scum bags and leeches. And when they come in illegally, that’s just what they are.

Yesterday I was in the car dealership alone waiting to get the oil changed in my car. I felt a heavy gaze leveled at me and turned to see WTH. One of the dirty scumbags was watching me with evil intent in his eyes. It’s not safe anywhere in this country anymore.

2. Texian says:

Was she wearing flowers in her hair?

[So glad I saw the last vestiges of it before it was gone.. (Decades ago).. I left my favorite cubby hole motel near the Presidio and went out to get pizza.. met a girl on the street.. we sat on the sidewalk and talked while waiting.. didn’t matter if we were conservative or liberal.. just two people sharing a gentle moment in casual time.. then we parted.. San Fransisco..

I’m not going back.. this is the way I want to remember it.. that moment..].

3. Sayit2016 says:

Ok.. here goes. From time to time I enlist the help of my fellow Treepers to help me see things I may not be seeing clearly. This is one of those times. The statement from the Special Council BUGS me. ” Their response to the story, ‘Buzzfeed’ Report Is ‘Not Accurate’ . Now, I freely admit that I may be hyper sensitive, ( or suffering some kind of PTSD) from the chronic lies from the media ad nasuem for what seems like forever. Some days it is overwhelming. They HAVE to know they are lying. They HAVE to know, Americans with an IQ over 75 know they are lying.

This is a completely FABRICATED story. A Lie. What bugs me, is that for the SC to say the story is ” not accurate” in my mind, leaves the door open, in the sense it implies that some of it IS accurate. Why not say, the Buzzfeed report is NOT TRUE.

As someone who likes words, I am so sick of the weasel words. where Lie=mis-spoke and other happy horse crap.

Am I reading too much into this?

• agentcommonsense says:

Might be my PTSD also because I was thinking the same thing ..

• joeknuckles says:

Yes, you are. The entire story was false. Fake news.

• Sayit2016 says:

You misunderstood my comment. I know the story is BS. I am referring to SC comment.

• joeknuckles says:

I believe the SC came out later and told the fake news outlet known as WAPO that the entire story was false.

Do not let your heart be troubled. Mueller is dead in the water.

• WES says:

Sayit: First the buzzo story is a “oh look there is a squirrel” distraction by the left from yesterday’s bad news story!

Second the SC rebuttal was only issued late in the day because people were starting to say if this buzzo story was true then someone needs to start investigating Mueller for leaking!
          Mueller needed to stop the possibility of an investigation being opened! Unexpected consequence of buzzo fake news?

Sound familiar! Notice it is only o.k. for Dems to open investigations not others! Degi says Barr affect but I doubt it is 100% the reason.

• farmhand1927 says:

IMHO, SC is never going to flat-out denounce any of these stories, no matter how sleazy or ridiculous. The reason is, SC has nothing, yet the entire wacked out, crazed Left is hanging by fingernails about to go head first into a deep canyon of communist never-never land. Mueller can’t close any door on any rumor or concocted hit piece because his survival and reputation are dependent on these cheap shots. Mueller is owned by the big money handlers of The Swamp. He is supposed to deliver the removal of our POTUS. He can’t definitely reject any ray of hope for his mission, especially when he has nothing else to grasp.

If this particular story had legs, it would have been rolled out long, long ago. If it were true and an actual impeachable offense, it would have been pulled from Mueller’s quiver long ago.

Sayit2016, you are rightfully concerned. There’s always the chance that eventually they’ll pick Cohen’s gray matter, offer him less prison time if he can create another fake bombshell and then forge documents to make it look believable. Not a one of them can be trusted, but always look at the timing. In this case, the world was on it’s feet applauding our President for putting Tyrant Nancy in her place. The media went into panic mode and this story was launched.

We should be constantly vigil, ready to push back and expose the lies. The daily onslaughts will never end. It does get wearisome but they want us to weaken, to question, to simply wear out and give up. That’s why we come here, to build each other up. Stand and fight because we have a country to save.

• LafnH20 says:

I completely agree, Farmhand.

Trust is built over time. They (Politicians, msm, Special Councels, etc) have shown their eagerness to spout off whatever meets their needs and continues their preferred narrative.
            A one time, vague announcement, by an underling…About an issue of EPIC proportions to this Country… Ain’t cutting it.

Word salad interviews…
            and photo OPS designed to decieve… are not helping the time trusted path to TRUST.

Imho, anyone and everyone, who continues to pound the drums for the “Resistance”
            or inserts the possibility that “There MAY be SOME Truth in LIES and ONLY WE are helped by this Epiphany” … this HOPE…🤔 (Indeed NOW Obvious Reality… of an alternate Meaning of TRUTH)… cuz our 16 person panel of Expert, treacherous scum sez so…
            are considered WILLFULLY LYING… Unless and Until PROVEN otherwise.
            Nan backing up chuckie backing up CNN backing up WAPO backing up Buzzfeed, Citing Unnamed sources (no matter their “claimed proximity to some building, brain trust or alphabet Den of Thieves”) as proof of an innuendo heard from the hysterical teenage neighbor of some beach people over at Mabels house…🤔 or was it Marvins..🤔 Maxine?… 30 years ago… I think…
            Ain’t cutting it!!

They lie when the Truth is Better!
            They then get ALL wimpy and pouty and act they’ve been “Gut Shot” when someone calls them on it!

That is what THEY DO!
            That IS ALL THEY DO!! (Except for the “Happy Ending” story at the end of the broadcast… Chuckle Chuckle… Big Smiles… See ya at 10pm… Chumps”)

THAT is WHY they are ON THE Cable.
            The Editorial Board.
            The RADIO.
            THE Propaganda TV at the Airport.
            The Schools..
            Damn near Across The GLOBE!!!

THEY ARE ….THE RESISTANCE !!

THEY WILL. NOT. STOP.

Vigilance is Demanded of U.S….
            Lest the “Resistance” drag U.S. Under.
            STAND Together.
            Stay Strong.
            Fight the Good Fight.

With whatever Talent you may have.
            Till the Last.

.”The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.”
            – Henry Van Dyke

• Sayit2016 says:

I could not agree more…..this is a inch by inch taking the hill kind of a thing– – This GREAT country is WORTH saving.

• America First says:

You are assuming that BuzzFeed’s story was aimed at those with an IQ over 75; I might beg to differ.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Can’t be more clearer than that.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Lol. 😀

• LafnH20 says:

A link other than WAPO who sez so… would be appreciated.

I, as of yet, have been unable to find “Confirmation” DIRECTLY from MUELLER and not just “Unidentified people familiar with the matter”

IS or IS NOT the Buzzfeed claim, in its entirety, unequivocally, WITH OUT Reservation …
        ABSOLUTELY and Indisputably
        FALSE!!

YES or NO question… BOB.

BOB?!? You There….?

Just Say it, BOB!!!

YOU. CAN. DO. IT…. BOB!!

BOB…..?

• MAJA says:

My first thought is that Muller needs to ratchet down the DTS level before Barr releases the nothingburger summary report with nothing for the dems and rinos to use.

• dman1971 says:

The reason the SC responded with the words (not accurate) is simple grammar. The is a D. C. deal afterall. I wouldn’t read too much into it as it was just a PC way of saying the same thing as not true or a lie.

• Kenji says:

No, you’re not … but it’s nothing more than weasel words, nothing to get hung about. This is what bureaucracies are always going to do. Bureaucracies don’t speak like you or I … or like OUR President.

The government will never speak in terms Our Saviour commanded, when he said: “let your yes mean yes and your no mean no, anything else is pure evil”

• “Not accurate” when spoken by lawyers, is a term of art. It only means the Buzzfeed story does not match the SC evidence EXACTLY, not that they don’t have other kinds of evidence, a corroborating witness, tapes or something else.

There’s a lot of rumor going around. I don’t believe anything I haven’t seen/read the documents on. i want to read Mueller’s report. After all, I helped pay for it!

• The life cycle of fake Trump news is getting shorter and shorter.

• mark says:

No you are not wrong to be skeptical. I read the same thing ( not accurate ) and immediately concluded the same as you. That’s why the SC worded that statement that way to leave the impression that some of the article was true. Like they spelled President Trumps name right. See that part is true.

• Jacaranda11816 says:

Same here, SayIt2016. On the one hand, it would seem self-discrediting if the SC’s office came back to parse or qualify that characterization at some future date. Yet I would like to hear from more treepers who practice law regarding their perspective on the “not accurate” wording.

• Dixie says:

Mueller’s motives are always suspect.

4. Carson Napier says:

As a CNN journalist, I will not stand for Sundances’ hateful exposure of my phony profession. Who does he think he is,Will Rogers? We of the noblest of professions must protect our Constitutional right, indeed our duty, to lie when needed to get out The Truth. Like Donald Trump tweeting his message directly to the people, instead of letting experts like me tell others what he meant to say and why he said it, Sundance thinks he has a right to spew his Truth all over the internet just because he has access to a keyboard. What’s become of our professional duty to keep dangerous minds like his locked in ignorance?

• Sayit2016 says:

I see what your real issue is ….; ) Let me help you. We need to help each other when we can. Having a chapped ass is not comfortable for anyone. Use 3 x a day. I will check on you in a week to see if you are feeling any better. xo

Dr Sayit

5. Tseg says:

One really needs to investigate the money behind Buzzfeed.

In August 2014, BuzzFeed raised $50 million from the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, more than doubling previous rounds of funding.[27] The site was reportedly valued at around $850 million by Andreessen Horowitz.[27] BuzzFeed generates its advertising revenue through native advertising that matches its own editorial content, and does not rely on banner ads.[18] BuzzFeed also uses its familiarity with social media to target conventional advertising through other channels, such as Facebook.[28]

In December 2014, growth equity firm General Atlantic acquired $50M in secondary stock of the company.[29]

In August 2015, NBCUniversal made a $200 million equity investment in BuzzFeed.[30] Along with plans to hire more journalists to build a more prominent “investigative” unit, BuzzFeed is hiring journalists around the world and plans to open outposts in India, Germany, Mexico, and Japan.[31]

In October 2016, BuzzFeed raised $200 million from Comcast’s TV and movie arm NBCUniversal, at a valuation of roughly $1.7 billion.

Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Larry Summers became a special advisor to Andreessen Horowitz in June 2011.[63] Summers works with the firm’s portfolio companies that are seeking existing market restructuring and global expansion.[63] In September 2012, former Washington D.C. mayor Adrian Fenty was appointed Andreessen Horowitz’s second special advisor.[64] Fenty advises the firm’s portfolio companies on working with local, state, and federal governments.[63]

6. Perot Conservative says:

Pelosi’s Chief of Staff doing flip flops trying to spin the canceled excursion on twitter.

1. Denies trip included Egypt, and Brussels a stop over. A Military plane is so limited? 6 days in Afghanistan? … Now a weekend trip? I don’t believe it. FOIA needed! WHO was scheduled to be on that plane??!!

2. Pelosi COS claiming WH leaked Afghanistan commercial – rebooked flight – early Friday morning to WashPo … then NY Times … then The Hill.

Doesn’t make sense. Lies? Or WH staff with an anti-Trump bias?

3. No tweets from Pelosi, who appears confused as her last tweets were about Puerto Rico, not the current topic. Was she in the air to CA when PT announced his Sat presser, or trying to prepare for the Sat?

7. agentcommonsense says:

I loved the ex FBI guy on Tucker tonight

• WSB says:

I will repost from the first page. Tucker Carlson’s show had good guests all the way through, however, Terry Turchie put together a fantastic summary of the last 3 to 40 years of what America has been enduring.

At 33:00

• Bongino said he thought this story could be a canary release; designed to find out who was leaking. That could be true. I hadn’t thought about it. I just figured it was another fake news report.

• WSB says:

I keep thinking that the new white hat implant in the SDNY may have had something to do with this, or black hat Preet Bharara could also have pushed the narrative.

• Dixie says:

I thought it was interesting that Turchie said when he first joined the FBI, they had a counter intelligence mission to keep self proclaimed socialists and progressives out of office in order to avoid massive dysfunction, massive disinformation and misinformation.

In other words, obama’s first objective was to destroy the FBI.

Instead, they turned to damaging President Trump and completely dropped the ball on their real counter intelligence mission and allowed progressives and socialists to infiltrate state and local governments.

Looks like the first infiltration was within the FBI which was the first rung to collapse.

• WSB says:

So it seems.

In addition, I remember when the Communist Party was supposed to be banned from the USA. As should the moslem brotherhood and other terrorist organizations.

Must crack down!

• Paula Daly says:

We did too. That guy spilled the beans, and that video should go viral!

8. Sunshine says:

GAS EXPLOSION in MEXICO – Governor of MEXICO state is OMAR FAYAD – How is that possible?
    They’re saying the gas leak was intentional.

• WSB says:

OANN first reported this a few hours ago. Illegal tapping of the pipeline. Lots of people in the ‘before’ video. Then…BOOM!

Probably someone smoking near the breach.

• annieoakley says:

Mexico State has a muslim Governor. Venezuela has a muslim VP. I think we need to close this border. Quickly. AMLO’s hands are tied to Islam. (He is a Democrat Socialist who identifies with the Democratic Socialists in DC at least.

9. ForGodandCountry says:

QUOTE:

“Inside the Justice Department, the statement was viewed as a huge step, and one that would have been taken only if the special counsel’s office viewed the story as almost entirely incorrect. The special counsel’s office seemed to be disputing every aspect of the story that addressed comments or evidence given to its investigators.

Mueller’s denial, according to people familiar with the matter, aims to make clear that none of those statements in the story are accurate.“

10. fred5678 says:

If true, the report that President Trump killed the White House chef with a frozen leg of lamb in the walk-in freezer will have the House Democrats start impeachment proceedings next week. (CNN).

11. Tseg says:

800,000 American government workers not being paid by the US government, 20 million illegal aliens in the US being paid by the US government. What is wrong with this picture?

12. Troublemaker10 says:

• Tseg says:

Hello Cuomo McFly. The term “fake news”, which CNN coined, is one of the few non-fake ideas that has emanated from CNN.

• WES says:

Trouble: Unintended consequence of buzzo story had people saying an investigation of Mueller team was needed because of leak to buzzo if true! Only Dems allowed to open investigations!

• ForGodandCountry says:

No Cuomo, it allows us to say….. with great credibility….that the entire liberal MSM is nothing more than the PR branch of the hate-filled, anti-American, socialist-democrat party…giving billions of in-kind campaign contributions to the political left without FEC oversight or accountability…whose #1 goal is to topple a president who dared to take on and defeat your precious Hillary and then proceed to erase the stain of Obama’s “legacy” on the USA.

In other words, it allows us to credibly call you all out for the horde of diseased infested, traitorous rats that you truly are….and that you all know yourselves to be.

In sum, you are alarmed that your mask has been ripped off your collective face. And you are 100% right about that.

• mr.piddles says:

“the media doesn’t get it right”

That’s all you need to know right there. It’s all just a matter of “getting it right”. That’s how Cuomo and all the other fools see this dumpster: BuzzFeed didn’t “get it right”. That’s why they’re irrelevant — tone deaf, self-absorbed, and blinded by their agenda. In short: useless. And while the likes of CNN doesn’t realize their own irrelevance, the majority of Americans actually do.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Watch it to see Cuomo’s expressions. He’s having a sad.

• Sharon says:

“Mueller didn’t do the media any favors tonight and he did do Trump one.”

Cuomo makes his position clear: telling the truth after telling a lie means you have done a favor for the person who was being lied about

When they reveal things about themselves, believing that revelation will save time.

• kyblue says:

Cuomo actually told the truth. For once.

13. Sayit2016 says:

The AGE of Trump will never get old !

14. Sayit2016 says:

I am not kidding people, I have GOT to stop reading The Donald at night, I laugh so hard, the next morning my stomach is sore from laughing. On the bright side I am developing 6 pack abs. Thanks The Donald !

Anatomy of a Liberal meltdown…

15. Troublemaker10 says:

The media, enemy of the people that they are, should hang their heads in shame.

16. citizen817 says:

Bloomberg is reporting that just a day after The Wall Street Journal reported that the Trump Administration was thinking of lifting tariffs amid the ongoing trade war, it looks as though a deal is done.

China is proposing a six-year buying spree. Bloomberg cited sources familiar with the matter on Friday and reported that China had significantly boost its purchase of U.S. goods over a six-year period. This is an effort to re-balance the trade between the two superpowers.

Increasing the annual imports from the United States would allow China to reduce its trade surplus to zero by 2024. That of course requires a spending boost of $1 Trillion dollars.

Both sides are said to want to see the trade tariff dispute come to an end by March. With this deal, it looks like that will more than likely happen

• Sayit2016 says:

Wait. I thought Trump was starting a war with China.. or was it North Korea, Or Iran Or or or or I get so confused.

• Sayit2016 says:

I can imagine the conversation between President Trump and President Xi Jinping…

President Trump: Xi Jinping, you are my friend, but what you have been doing is wrong and you have to pay. OK. You have to pay. That’s the only way.

President Xi Jinping : ?Wǒ wúfǎ kàngjí nǐ de lóng néngliàng, tā zài nǐ shēnshang fēicháng qiángdà yǒu duōshǎo líng?”
      Translation : I can not fight your Dragon energy, it is very strong in you. How many ZERO’s Don ”

President: Make it 12 zero’s. Now lets go have some ice cream and feed the KOI fish that was fun !.

17. Troublemaker10 says:

18. ForGodandCountry says:

The media, enemy of the people that they are, should hang ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶.̶.

Fixed. No charge.

19. Neural says:

A bit off topic, but can someone explain to me *why* the invasion of our country from the south is a “humanitarian crisis”?

20. citizen817 says:

21. Donna in Oregon says:

President Trump at 3pm EST, 12pm my time. Got it!

Be there or be square 🙂

22. winky says:

I have been waiting for Pelosi tp be exposed for the fraud that she is. Tom Fitton has a shot video here too. I read somewhere that there were 86 family members going along on this plane.

23. citizen817 says:

24. Sayit2016 says:

Ok.. this is pretty darn cool…

25. citizen817 says:

Democrats and the media want to blame Trump for the shutdown but it’s the Pelosi and the Democrats that are refusing to negotiate with Trump.

~Branco

26. fred5678 says:

4 AM ET — CNN still claiming that part of Buzzfeed story may be true.

27. Pointman says:

Some thoughts on millennials, generation Z and the ongoing crisis in third level education.

Pointman

28. WSB says:

29. citizen817 says:

• covfefe999 says:

When Trump was just a real estate magnate, Cohen’s associations didn’t matter. Now they matter … to the people who want to hurt Trump, at least.

30. Franklin says:

The President has the Constitutional power to convene Congress. So today he had order Congress to convene and stop going on vacation until the government shutdown is resolved.

Article 2 – The Executive Branch
    Section 3 – State of the Union, Convening Congress

…he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper;

31. Co says:

NEW: Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained documents through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Air Force detailing $134,587.81 plus $50,000 for an advance of funds for an “escort officer” for a total of $184.587.81 for then-House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) Congressional delegation (CODEL) to Italy and Ukraine in 2015.

The documents show that from July 30 to August 6, Pelosi took a trip to Milan, Rome and Naples, Italy, and Kiev, Ukraine, for herself, her husband, several members of congress and their spouses. The Italy trip included Milan, Rome and Naples with visits to the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Duomo and viewing Da Vinci’s “Last Supper.”

The documents also show the Air Force’s negative response to a Pelosi staff request for a specific crew for Pelosi’s flight. An official notes that it: “would be a disastrous precedent to set even if it were possible.” The Air Force further points out: “Our ARC crews have plenty to balance already with military duties and their civilian employers.”

Judicial Watch previously uncovered that Pelosi’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over one two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. Judicial Watch’s work exposing Pelosi’s travel abuses resulted in her successor John Boehner declining to use Air Force luxury jets to travel to his Ohio congressional district.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton: “Speaker Nancy Pelosi has a demonstrated record of abusing the perks of office that give her access to military luxury travel paid for by taxpayers.”

• soozword says:

Please consider donating to JW, doing the job and much more, of the media: https://www.judicialwatch.org/donate/make-a-contribution-2/

• annieoakley says:

Why does the Air Force have luxury jets? Peons like us have to pay for them and it seems the creeps in Congress regard them as their personal transportation method.

• piper567 says:

Co, Pelosi does what she does for the same reason all of the vermin do what they do.
      Nobody in a position to do something ab it cares, and the vermin have gotten by with it for decades.
      Just more of the ramifications of no consequences to illegal, immoral, or unconstitutional activity. Tradition.
      arrogant SOBs; no respect for the Law, less respect for our great Constitution.
      While I have great respect for Fitton’s org, I have yet to see any prosecutorial actions based on their excellent work…which incidentally, is what DOJ should be doing.

32. Dora says:

BREAKING: Trump promises to veto any abortion legislation in March for Life address (FULL TEXT)

WASHINGTON, D.C., January 18, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – In a surprise appearance, President Donald Trump addressed pro-life advocates at the 2019 March for Life, telling them that “every life is worth protecting” and that he will veto any legislation that crosses his desk that “weakens the protection of human life.”

“Today, I have signed a letter to Congress to make clear that if they send any legislation to my desk that weakens the protection of human life, I will issue a veto. And, we have the support to uphold those vetoes. Every child is a sacred gift from God,” he said in a pre-recorded video message.

33. Dora says:

Really? I wonder why.

======

Poll: Near Majority of Republicans View Romney Unfavorably

34. Pointman says:

Trump jerking Pelosi around royally.

This I gotta share. Nancy and all her cronies and their families re-booked their holidays on commercial airlines, because the optics of not doing so would be bad – only going on their fact finding “trip” if it was on the taxpayer’s dime.

Trump’s just announced he’s going to make an important announcement in mid afternoon just before they’re supposed to fly out today.

What are they to do now? Cancel all the flights and bookings, run back to DC to be there just in case he actually XOs the wall? Or is he just jerking their chain by going to announce nothing much of any consequence? Oh, the dilemma.

It’s like watching the Keystone cops being bussed backwards and forwards to the airport.

Pointy

• Co says:

Time to bring everyone back to DC and get down to business. Pelosi will be in-flight or blow off President Trump and I guess the highest ranking Democrat has to precede over the House? Pelosi is not a leader, she’s an obstructionist and this will seal her lack of leadership to get the peoples business done with many eyes to see. IRONY IMO we will also be sending more military to the border.

• Franklin says:

Should Pelosi be unavailable when the President convenes Congress then the first order of business would be to elect a speaker.

• Co says:

I like the thoughts of that Franklin

• wyntre says:

Honest question:

I didn’t see the words “convene congress” in POTUS tweet. He says he’s making the announcement from the Whitehouse.

How can his announcement be construed as implying convening congress?

Or is this speculation?

• ladypenquin says:

I guess we all know what we’ll be doing at 3PM today. 🙂 I cna’t wait. POTUS is playing hardball. Can’t remember anyone since Reagan doing fighting for our side.

• wyntre says:

What an exciting weekend!

President Trump at 3pm.

Major snow storm (2 feet expected) from 4pm Sat ’til 7pm Sunday!

Got my snowplow guy on notice, all the outside bird food and inside bird and human treats prepared!

YAY!

• Pointman says:

It’s a typical Trump plan.

1) Send the open letter to Pelosi that she’s grounded. Slapped in public.

2) Mention in closing the letter she’s quite free to book her own passage on commercial flights. Challenged in public.

3) If she doesn’t continue the trip and pay for her own flights, she’ll look like she was ever only having a free holiday paid for my the tax payer, so she simply has to go. He’s forced her to go.

4) Once she’s done all the flights and bookings for her and all the families, he announces the important announcement he’s going to make. Perfectly timed.

5) If she dumps the trip and rushes back to DC, it’ll look like he’s got her running around at his beck and call. If she continues with the trip, it’ll look like she doesn’t care about the people on furlough.

6) Zugswang. Whatever move she makes worsens her position.

Pointman

35. Dora says:

• mireilleg says:

Beautiful the racist anti immigration President hosting naturalization ceremony. (I wish he had been at mine). Then immediately after calls on closing the border and loopholes. What a day! What a week!

36. More truths from Pat Buchanan.

Buchanan: At Age 70, Time To Rethink NATO

• The Boss says:

My guess – Erdogan’s henchmen, with Iranian aid.

• Franklin says:

Having read other stories there may be information that is missing or over simplified in this story. First the Kurds liberated Manbij from IS. The Kurds setup a military council (MMC) to administer Manbij. The population is mostly Arab not Kurd. The Kurds have been negotiating with Damascus on settling their difference. The YPG the Kurds militia withdrew from Manbij and the Russians are now working with the MMC on patrols. ( there are photos)
      The story of American soldiers on patrol doesn’t sound plausible. Given their ages and skillset these individuals were there for some other reason. There is unconfirmed reports in the Arab media that Thaner all-Sabahan Saudi Minister of Gulf Affairs was killed in the explosion. Remember Turkey and Israel have been involved in hacking into Saudi officals’ phones. Another story reports US military as repositioning 9 vehicles into Manbij after the attacks

37. “Foreign aid goes from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.”

Rand Paul

38. linda4298 says:

realDonaldTrump avatarDonald J. Trump29m
    .@newtgingrich just stated that there has been no president since Abraham Lincoln who has been treated worse or more unfairly by the media than your favorite President, me! At the same time there has been no president who has accomplished more in his first two years in office!

39. paulraven1 says:

I have a theory about ongoing media stories on Trump as it relates to the Buzzfeed article.

Call it the theory of centrifugal hysteria. That is, this latest specious “bombshell” will not serve as a cautionary tale for the media, compelling greater journalistic circumspection, but in fact will make MORE insane stories MORE likely.

• If you’re trying to say that the left in general and the democrat media in particular are having a very public and very complete mental breakdown, I’d say yourr 100%% correct.

I’m enjoying this immensely.

• bofh says:

“but in fact will make MORE insane stories MORE likely.”

Forgive me for re-posting a comment I made last night in another thread, but I think it fits exactly with your observation:

“Psychosis” can be defined as a mental disorder characterized by a disconnection from reality.

Many on the left have moved on from proclaiming “Trump is not MY President” to actually believing that “Trump is not THE President”. The first version is just a rather silly denial.The second version is psychotic thinking – a disconnect from reality.

Having once bought into the psychosis, much of their recently cranked up misbehavior becomes rather understandable. Almost any sort of awful behavior towards PDJT is OK, even for previously rational people. And the MSM feeds their delusion daily.

They feel free to demean or threaten the man and the office, since “he’s not really the President” and therefore his administration “is not really the Presidency”. I’m wondering if soon they’ll work around to “his supporters are not real human beings” – in fact, I think we’re there already.

This is very, very dangerous territory.

• Tutumuch says:

Thank you, Bofh…hope you tweet, send, share this info and PERFECT analysis of the “Snowflakes” out there. Scary, scary thought…because there are SOOO many out there.

40. linda4298 says:

realDonaldTrump avatarDonald J. Trump1h
    Will be leaving for Dover to be with the families of 4 very special people who lost their lives in service to our Country!

41. SR says:

It was heavy yesterday but a home run for PTrump against fake msm and democrats. This garage impeachment on every single day for anything needs to go super high and fall flat.
    I wish some kind of indictments on fake msm reporters and leakers.

42. kyblue says:

This writer’s take on the gov shutdown, the illegal alien problem in America & what Trump is masterfully doing to the dem top dogs is an intriguing read.

What PT’s endgame entails, if this writer is accurate, is pretty daggone brilliant.

43. “Bill Barr Was Set Up During Confirmation”
    Sen. Klobuchar asked Bill Barr if a President asked someone to lie to Congress, would that be impeachable? Answer, YES
    Next day Fake News Buzzfeed story…
    Sen. Klobuchar and Dems colluded with Buzzfeed to set up Bill Bar and box him in. This is a sophisticated trap to be played out after he is confirmed because Dems know they can’t stop him.
    Each time investigative leads wind down for Democrats and Special Counsel a new damning Fake News report hits the Mainstream Media and provides an “Echo Chamber” of evidentiary leads that must be followed up in order to perpetuate the never ending “Russia Investigation” and keep shackles on the President. If POTUS does anything or Declassifies any info… they will hit him with Obstruction and Impeachment. They intend to keep the Special Counsel as long as he is in Office, then hit him and his with crimes or never-ending litigation.
    These are classic Spy / Blackmail / Entrapment techniques to keep your target tangled in chaotic indefensible accusations in order to continue a far reaching investigation and force mistakes to create charges. It is a self sustaining witch hunt.
    Plant a “Story” with reliably docile Left Wing Journalists (Ben Rhodes & Colin Kahl “Echo Chamber” “Operation Mockingbird”) originally set up by John Brennan using Buzzfeed to release the Fake Dossier.
    “WHAT IS THE ‘ECHO CHAMBER?’ CONSPIRACY MEMO ABOUT EX-OBAMA OFFICIALS SHARED IN WHITE HOUSE, REPORT CLAIMS”
    Modern Operation Mockingbird in Action

• henry says:

Most definitely Mockingbird redux.

• paulraven1 says:

I agree. This is why I think there be no “Mueller Report.” Not unless they think they have a dispositive crime. Like everything in government, it has no end. It is all about the process, not the result. Or the process is the result.

• covfefe999 says:

Klobuchar was looking like a hero yesterday, not so much today. lol

She’s mulling a run for President, you know. I think the Dems chose her to ask the obstruction question, based on info they received from BuzzFeed, to raise her profile. It makes me think that she might be the party’s chosen candidate. NYT wrote a fluff piece about her after the midterms:

As Democrats look ahead to 2020, Ms. Klobuchar’s presence in a jam-packed field of potential contenders raises a core question about what kind of candidate can beat Mr. Trump. At a moment when confrontational progressives such as Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are captivating the party’s imagination and tapping into its anger, do Democrats need a firebrand Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders type who can whip up the liberal left and match Mr. Trump’s pugnacity? Or do they need a calm, reasoned, reliable (but not flashy) Democrat from the American heartland to provide a stark contrast to the president — in short, Amy Klobuchar? https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/us/politics/amy-klobuchar-2020-election.html

Everything in the propaganda media is placed there for a reason. This isn’t real journalism. Warren is described as a “firebrand” (which means “a person who is passionate about a particular cause, typically inciting change and taking radical action”), but Klobuchar is described as “reasoned, reliable” and she’s from the “heartland” y’all! haha

• Katherine McCoun says:

Good point about the question, who asked it and then the story

44. wyntre says:

Jeffrey Toobin:

“This is a Baaaaaaaad Day for the media.”

Brian Steltzer: (Throws Buzzfeed under the bus)

“It’s THEIIIIIIIIIR Fault!”

The backtracking, groveling and finger-pointing are hilarious,

Preet, Haberman, Steltzer, Cooper, Toobin and Bahara.

45. Maybe this has been said , but re Mueller statement shooting down buzz feed story as fake , perhaps since last time with Brian Ross famous Flynn lie , market tanked seriously during that day, they ( whoever they are ) were afraid if story stayed up on trading day Tuesday, market would tank again just like with Ross story and wanted to avoid that (?) just saying . Perhaps issued statement not to help President Trump but to avoid unnecessary market meltdown since they knew story was false and would be eventually knocked down , but if didn’t preempt it before Tuesday markets would tank badly (?) .

46. Bubby says:

FTA “The Obama-era program that shields young immigrants from deportation and that President Donald Trump has sought to end seems likely to survive for at least another year. That’s because the Supreme Court took no action Friday on the Trump administration’s request to decide by early summer whether Trump’s bid to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program was legal. The program has been protected by several federal courts. Based on the high court’s usual practices, the earliest the justices would hear arguments in the case would be this fall, if they decide to hear the case at all. If arguments take place in October, a decision would not be likely before 2020, when it could affect the presidential campaign.”

This didn’t get much press yesterday because of the grounding of Pelosi and the firestorm of impeachment over Buzzfeed’s fake story and Mueller’s subsequent knockdown. What the hell is going on at the Supreme Court? Why is this being put off? Is Chief Justice Roberts hoping President Trump is not re-elected? Roberts is heading towards Souter status IMHO! Any thoughts?

• henry says:

Roberts is just Ginsburg’s doppleganger.

• Satchmo says:

I’m concerned about this as I was hoping there would be a major definitive issue come up before the court that would force them to show what the “real” makeup of the court is.
      I figure if there’s 3 solid liberals, 1 solid conservative, and the rest are wishy-washy centrists, that the court is a little to the left.
      The people who believe the court is conservative do so because their viewpoint is further to the left. It’s all in your perspective.
      With Roberts flapping in the breeze, we can’t speculate on how this court is going to until we see them forced to line up on a major issue.
      I hope they’re not going to just kick the big stuff down the road and I can’t see a change if RBG gets replaced by another centrist.