President Trump Interview From the Southern Border…

Speaking from the southern U.S. border in Texas, Rio Grande sector, President Trump discusses the border security challenges with Fox host Sean Hannity.

President Trump outlines how the border wall issue is simply a matter of “common sense.” Recent polling would indicate the majority of Americans agree with President Trump:

79% of Americans agree there is a crisis at the border.

(link to Morning Consult Here)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Death By Illegal Alien, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

285 Responses to President Trump Interview From the Southern Border…

1. Realist says:

Logic, Common Sense and statistics tell you that Trump is right but the Left persists with their insanity and are becoming increasingly deranged as they try to justify their stupidity.

• Dee Paul Deje says:

TDS is real.

• Mark L. says:

The BIG Democratic tent shrinking.

• Steven says:

It might be losing a lot of people but more young fools are coming of age as voters and new immigrants are replacing everyone who has left. Throw in fraud and Democrats have a net gain since 2016. Worse, 2-3 million Californian Democrats can leave California to move to Arizona (turn it blue), Montana (turn it blue), and Idaho (turn it blue). They already permanently flipped Nevada and Colorado. Arizona is about to become a Democrat stronghold by 2024. Don’t forget, we lost Arizona (senate) and could not flip Montana (too many Californian transplants). When times are good, people do what they always do- they act like children and vote accordingly. Now is the time of prosperity so return back to your unions and vote Democrat. Doesn’t matter that Trump and the Republicans brought about such prosperity- now is the time to milk it for bigger wages and pensions. That is a huge problem moving forward to 2020.

• Pedro Morales says:

Little by little things are swinging POTUS45’s way on this. Despite the constant 24/7 MSM drum beat that “all is well”, people see the problem. Its not the 1970s and when there were 3 networks. Alternative media helps POTUS and exposes bias and lies. Case in point CNN trying to cherry pick anti wall guests. Or Acosta wall backlash. Or Chuck and Nancy hostage tape. When people see the media lying, people swing the opposite way from their narrative. No matter how hard CNN, MSNBC, WAPO, and NYT try to coordinate the narrative, it is blowing up on them. And people see the omission in coverage. Illegals killing citizens and the media does not report it. People see it or hear about elsewhere and there is a MSM backlash. POTUS is able to exploit this better than anyone. People dont like being force fed a story or narrative. Trump will get this because we have a president that does not care about phony polls, phony approval ratings, or weak kneed politicians. He is going all in on this. Mitch should have included this in those spending bills. He took care of the Dems, the RINOs, and himself. Mitch thought he could pull another fast one on potus. Mitch miscalculated and has created a mess.

• farmhand1927 says:

“79% of Americans agree there is a crisis at the border.”

Then 79% of Americans should be fine with the declaration of a national emergency.

Then 79% of Americans should support closing the border until money can be shifted from one basket to another.

Then 79%,of Americans should tell landowners along the Rio Grand that our safety and security has higher priority than their scenic views and that river water for their cattle can be pumped through steel slats. We’ll even pay for the pipes, pumps, electricity and tanks to do it.

Then 79% of Americans should tell the unionized Non-Essentials protesting now in front of the White House to do 4 things: 1) Go sign up for unemployment and after that, go protest outside Nancy’s office because she’s the one that forced the shutdown. 2) Go collect freebies at restaurants, food banks, etc., that are being handed out now that you’ve been deemed ‘victims’. Victimhood in America these days is quite lucrative. 3) Quit your damned complaining. Realize you can get unemployment compensation of 80%,of your salary and as soon as the shutdown ends, you’re also getting all your back pay, plus all your vacation time even though you’ve had an extended holiday vacation. Stop complaining as a Non-Essential, your 80% salary is still more than an Infantryman in the U.S. Army gets. BTW, those men and women are ESSENTIAL. 4.). Quit your complaining because govt jobs go hand in hand with politics. That’s what you signed on for. And quit your complaining because even living temporarily on 80%, you’re still living, enjoying your families, being alive and free Americans. The real victims of this border mess are dead, or have been raped or are addicted to drugs.

Somehow, your protests just aren’t resonating much with 79% of Americans.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Though the position itself is way more than stupidity, it isn’t stupidity that drives it–it’s deliberate treason for global political domination and control. In order for plans and purposes to succeed, the United States must fail. THAT is the reason they twist themselves in pretzels justifying the indefensible. It is why they hate us so much. We stand in their way. In fact, from a human perspective, we are the ONLY thing standing in their way.

• Craig W. Gordon says:

Everyone! Write your Rep. and both your Senators. Takes less than 5 minutes. Tell them, ‘Build the Wall’.

• lolli says:

17catsintn, yes. It is not stupidity, it is treason.
        Deliberate destruction of our country by the Uni party.
        Why do we poll or care about a poll on border security/wall when we are being invaded?
        This is about our destruction.
        This is an emergency and should be treated as such.
        If a b— was heading our way, would we stop and take a vote?
        No. We would defend ourselves.
        We are not declaring war on anyone. They are declaring war on us. This is about defending ourselves. Big difference.

• InAz says:

@ 17CatsInTN.

👍👍

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hatred and bitter anger warp common sense and sanity

Somewhere in Psych 101? Lol

• ladypenquin says:

The Left is deranged, but it’s really more of a deliberate obtuseness. They are intentionally doing this, it’s the only way for them to achieve their long-range goals, which SD has been writing about for some time.

• Jedi9 says:

WARNING FOR Language Content!

Common sense? The Democrats don’t want to acknowledge anything close to resembling “common sense”!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh! My. Gosh!

A bit crude, but probably closer to everbody’s real heart, thought and emotion.

Human behavior profiling 101:

Immediately look past all the nice words and fake courtesies, and therein you will find real, actual intent and hidden agenda.

Peace to all you Treepers today and have a great weekend!

2. Uncle Max says:

I was just peeking through the statistics… pretty sizeable piece of the strongly against any wall was women vs men. Women by a large bit were against it. I found that very interesting.

• Perot Conservative says:

Canadian clinical psychologist and Internet sensation Jordan B Peterson, I believe, argues men are innately wired for protection.

• RJ says:

Women know this and can use such a reality any way they wish…ask Samson!

• Solomonpal says:

Ask Eve.

• Martell says:

Western women in general have been successfully protected, coddled and pampered by western men for a long long time. They take their safety and protection for granted and assume that it was always and will always be that way. They abuse it and turn against their own western men. Western women will be the first to pay terribly for their treasonous ways. I, as a western woman, am most disgusted by those whom I call ‘the stupid white women’ of the western world. Idiots.

• pyromancer76 says:

Women who have not gone over to the darkside — probably perverted from birth — also are innately wired to protect their children. This is why men and women together make a great team, a great marriage, and great Constitutional Republicans. Just ask the wives of our founders.

• donna kovacevic says:

Love Dr. Jordan Peterson, a very smart man. Proud that he is Canadian.Now what is the difference between Christine Blasey Ford (dr) and him? One is real the other a reject.

• Marc says:

“Take me in, O gentle woman.
      Take me in, for heaven’s sake.
      Take me in, O gentle woman,
      cried the vicious snake.”

Women, specifically liberal women, will want to help, nurture, even coddle those they look down upon/pity(the poor,migrants, minorities, etc.). This is also a part of a White Guilt complex. I guarantee you if the migrants were white Canadians from the northern border, this whole thing wouldn’t be an issue.

• wodiej says:

Women are nurturing by nature, regardless of their political affiliation. However, conservative women are more selective about who and how they help.

• notfaded1 says:

Exactly… when will people get it through their thick skulls that the USA can’t help everyone in the world! I’m so sick and tired of politicians being so generous with my money. Why wouldn’t people from poor countries want to come to the USA? We have our own people with problems that need solved. It’s time we make a stand and stop putting up with this insanity!

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

The helping part is what they try to sell to the public. The reality is different. In order to transform the USA into a socialist country they need a few things: control education (done), take God out of everything (done) so you worship the government, control the way you live through the climate change hysteria (almost done), control the health insurance (almost done), welfare to all (almost done), control the voting via fraud (done). The other part still in the making is the transformation by demographics. They need a new breed of citizens (or people living here) that have the same ideology, that they are uneducated and will need permanent assistance. By allowing some states to be sanctuary states, be against voter id requirements, and not asking about citizenship in the census, the left will increase their majority in congress with more representatives from these states. So, no matter the election, they will permanently rule what is left of the country. After that goodbye Constitution. I predict that the United States will eventually be divided in two: the South and the Midwest with Texas and maybe Florida, and the two coasts with the states around the great lakes. They will have their lunacy, but we will have the agriculture needed to feed them, the oil and the majority of military bases. Let them starve. So here we are with the enemy within: congress and the media.

• Marc says:

True, I believe it has to do with worldview. A leftist is more likely to believe in subjective truth, and therefore, subjective morality. They will ignore blatant evil deeds by individuals and excuse group behavior, saying it is “the patriarchy”, colonialism, racism, xenophobia, etc. instead of admitting people can be evil. Those on the right or the most part acknowledge this dichotomy and react accordingly.

• Dee Paul Deje says:

I guarantee if the illegals tended to vote Republican the wall would be 50 feet high and Chuck and Nancy would be helping build it with their bare hands.

• pyromancer76 says:

Just remember that the Adam and Eve story/myth was written by men. Stop projecting into one sex or another. Both are capable of astonishing evil. And men in places of responsibility have a responsibility (repetition purposeful) to keep it in your pants.

Also by the way, these Dem women are not liberal, They are marching-in-the-ranks marxists. They have given-their-bodies to the cause well before the age of consent. Marxists use women as sexual tools all their useful lives. The few women who “rise to the top” (Hellary, Angela, e.g.,) continue as puppets. with evil glee.

Stop soiling “liberal” when there is a movement so heinous it is out to destroy all life except that of the Party Leader or the Top Global Elites or some in-his-dreams Grand World Emperor.

With regard to “leaders” doing their best to destroy the U.S. of A., start naming the six families who are part of the leaders of Opposition Party who own all media when anyone says CNN, or NBC, etc. These villains who pour over word and emotional deep-persuader for destructive purposes should have to bear responsibility. Are their heads women? They are brainwashing with every technique they know to twist America’s minds.

Thanks to the Treeper who included a way-back video yesterday. In the 1980s there were 80 companies in ownership of American media.

• maiingankwe says:

Uncle Max,
      I’m actually surprised that women are against the Wall in higher numbers. I’d love to see their age group and their party affiliation as well. It would help make some sense of it at least.

As a lady, I understand that we react more on emotion. However, I know a great deal of conservative ladies who want the Wall. They want it because it protects them and their families. Men are generally our protectors, and most of us try to find the best of them whether we are looking for brawn, smarts or what have you, we understand we need a good man to protect us and the families we make with them. It’s on the top of our list.

I would love to have a sit down, one-on-one with these females who are against the Wall to try to understand where they are coming from. I would venture to guess they’ve been easily fooled by the media and pelosi that it’s about women and children trying to escape their horrors and make a life for their families here.

I would sit down with all of the numbers that have been thrown at us these past couple days to see how they react to them. Would it shock them when they see the number of illegal criminals and what they did innocents? I want to know if they feel it is acceptable to allow these criminals in that have been arrested for human trafficking. I’d love to show them pictures of their victims and their young ages.

I’d love to have the blueprints to the different wall designs to show them that digging tunnels might be a lot harder than it sounds.

I’d also explain that the majority of the criminals trying to get in are not going to go to the checkpoints. And if they were criminals before, the chances are high they haven’t changed their life around but are continuing their illegal acts on our soil.

If these women are reacting on emotion than I feel it would be easy enough to use it against them in showing them the light to their errors.

I’ve learned through experience that if you show someone where they’ve been wrong in a decent way by not yelling, degrading or name calling, I can get through to them and for the most part turn them to my side.

It’s going to be hard to find any of these women where I live, the majority of us are conservative, but I will keep my eyes open. I will even try this on the different news sites. Who knows, I might find one willing to listen and have a respectable debate.

Thank you Uncle Max for sharing this with us. Be well and stay smiling,
      Ma’iingankwe

• wodiej says:

I wonder if they lost someone they love to an illegal if they would think differently.
        BTW, good for those who think they need a man to protect them. I prefer dogs. They are more loyal.

• maiingankwe says:

Respectfully, I’m not saying women need a man to feel complete by any means. I am talking of the women who want families and have dreamt of having children to raise as their own. I respect these ladies, they usually turn out to be fabulous moms with endless patience for their children and husbands.

I would have to honestly say, my single years were some of my best years if I were to look back. However, years later, I lucked out and found the perfect man for me. And I mean, I seriously lucked out. He’s the most awesome man I know besides my Father, (May God Bless his soul.) We’ve been making the best years possible for all of us. I can’t wait for our rocking chairs, so we can watch our Grandchildren play when the time comes.

What I love about this world of ours is ‘each to our own’ choices and concepts. I love how one can choose a good dog and the pup and owner make a complete team. A solid team to traverse through life. Not a lot in life can get better than that either. It’s all about our choices and what fits us if we are to be honest with ourselves.

Give your pup a good hug from me, I’m a pup person myself.
          Be well, and stay smiling,
          Ma’iingankwe

• FrankieZee says:

Is that the reason I see more women with dogs, especially young single women?

• amwick says:

So nice to hear from you Ma’iingankwe !!!!!!

I would venture to guess they’ve been easily fooled by the media and pelosi

This is how I see really nice people who don’t see the need for a wall, etc etc etc. But I don’t necessarily think they are easily fooled, I think they have been bombarded by MSM bs relentlessly. I have a tennis friend, a retired military person, salt of the earth, wonderful guy. He dislikes VSGPotus, and I am sure it is because of the lies. We briefly discussed the invasion and he sees people who want a better life, just like our grandparents did a couple generations back. I mentioned that, to my way of thinking, these invaders just want the freebies. Our grandparents wanted to work and expected to earn the American Dream I explained that 63% of “immigrants” are on some kind of welfare. He flat out didn’t believe it. This is not a dumb person, this is a person who has been lied to. Again and again and again.
        SMH. But, gentle persuasion is better than an in your face confrontation. We still play tennis, we leave politics outside the court.

• 1stgoblyn says:

I understand these illegal invaders want a better life (some escaping the rampant crime in their town), but there is no EXCUSE for not coming in the legal way. If they have the money for coyotes, they have the money to come legally.

• amwick says:

Yes, coyotes and smart phones.. go figure.

• cali says:

@1stgoblyn: If they really wanted a better life they would NOT come in here and trash the place turning American neighborhoods they choose as though they are a separate tribe from America.
            I live here in this hell hole of 3rd world status: As more and more invaders arrive our own American citizens – vets, families with children, elderly, disabled, black Americans are lose their homes.
            You rarely see an invaders homeless as they are assigned to the few low or affordable income housing set aside for the same people whom they force out to make room for these invaders.
            California has a separate country operating within its borders that does not speak English, does not take part in the American experience, dictates they needs via protests, commits unspeakable crimes without impunity due to sanctuary policies of the political party consisting of far leftists.
            They do not come here to have or find a better life. On the contrary they come because they can and abuse the American taxpayers. There is no free lunch in their countries ergo lets go the USA.

• mimbler says:

My analogy is that thieves and burglars just want a better life as well.

I still lock my front door.

There are right ways to obtain a better life, and there are criminal ways. The illegals are criminals. It is that simple.

• Orygun says:

I had a boyhood chum that moved to Oregon from Southern Cal in the 60’s and he said they moved for the very reasons you just gave. It has been going on in Cal for a long time and now has spread all the way to the Canadian border.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Yes, Cali, you are preaching to the choir.

• RobInPA says:

“I keep thinking about that old saying, you can lead a horse to water,,, etc.. The problem we are facing is a giant herd that has been drinking from a poisoned trough for years..”

The “Progressives” as it were, have be serving up their indoctrination in the public and collegiate school system for at least 50 fifty years, and continue to do so.

It’s going to be an uphill battle to unwind that FUBAR situation!!

• sat0422 says:

#wallmetoo

• sDee says:

“I’m actually surprised that women are against the Wall in higher numbers. ”

maiingankwe, you point out a strategic element of the globalists 50+ year war against America.

They long ago identified the foundations of America’s greatness and set out, systematically attacking each. American values center on individual liberty and self-reliance. Those values are balanced by our compassion and generosity to help all who strive for liberty and self reliance.

The globalists/marxists saw this compassion as a weakness to exploit. Thorough decades of Press/Hollywood/Academic propaganda they conflated illegal invasion, with lawful immigration of people who share our values.

This is now deeply ingrained in generations, especially women, who are the backbone of American morality, faith, and charity.

The best example of this is what happened in Minnesota. Bush-2 flew planeload after planeload of Somalis into Minnesota, many of which came from third world squalor without so much as electricity and knew nothing of America. Minnesotans unwittingly embraced what was essentially 20th century slave trade. They now are paying a steep price – as is all of America.

Slavery is not charity.

• Michael Todaro says:

The women who are against the wall are in the “open borders, therefore open thighs” camp. Millions of horny brown boys invading America gets them all excited. They want abortions too. In many cases they are proud of their abortions. Abomination Chelsea Handler, brags she had at least 2 abortions before she turned 16.

• Marc says:

That sounds more like Sweden and Germany than the US. Pretty sure our young women couldn’t care less about the border, migrants, or politics at all. Most folks are in groupthink mode and go along with whatever their propaganda screen of choice dictates to them.

• Jedi9 says:

Start with the idiot Ocasio! Not even sure she believes her own words, as she maybe a Marxist who has her marching orders! Clearly it’s people like her who managed to get power and access to the media that poses a greater threat!

• ForGodandCountry says:

Not surprising in the least. Not one bit. For a host of reasons.

• Publius2016 says:

1989 of respondents? this Poll is junk…first the way they use the term: “facing” why? because without it, the poll is 9 to 1! Pollsters use terms to get the results they want…many people prefer to look away while other like to confront…this would explain the “gender” gap

• Freedom says:

Giving women the vote was a serious error.

• lemmus1 says:

sigh …there is always at least one who just can’t help making a fool of themselves

• snellvillebob says:

A very common trait of women is to fear losing an argument more than fearing death or anything else. Nancy Pelosi is currently caught in that irrational position.
        I can not imagine this resistance to the southern border crisis if real men were in charge of Congress.

• Hsssssss says:

Here is a better idea for you:
        You can have the right to vote if you pay Property Taxes – period end of story
        Oh and President Trump if you are listening: I need that property tax deduction back!

• Martell says:

I agree. I go farther though. I believe that only those who own property and have served in the military should have the right to vote.

• Marc says:

If you’re referring to SALT, I say, tough luck. Make your state/local representatives lower your taxes. Let’s be conservative and not take govt subsidies.

• ladypenquin says:

I bet it’s how they ask the questions which skews these results. If the TRUTH was allowed to be out there – the crime, the human trafficking, the drug flow, the flood of low-cost labor taking away our jobs – then the people would be answering those questions differently.

That’s the evil of the MSM – their blatant lies.

• GB Bari says:

It is ALWAYS how they ask the questions that determines the results.

The “results” are the objective of the poll. Not just any results, but a specific set of results.

The pollster determines who their customer will be (who will pay for the poll), then they set up the questions that will most likely get the responses that the customer prefers. They also determine the ideological makeup of the polled population and determine the statistical “balance” needed to get the desired results.

If anyone believes that the pollster actually attempts to make the poll questions as neutral and non-ideologically tilted as possible, and that the pollster just calls 850+ random people and accepts the results as received, I have a bridge* to sell to them.

*That bridge will be the original Tappan Zee Bridge (opened 1955) across the Hudson River between Nyack, NY on the west shore and Tarrytown, NY on the east shore. Note – the deal must be closed before January 19th (week from tomorrow).

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh! My. Gosh!

A bit crude, but probably closer to everbody’s real heart, thought and emotion.

Human behavior profiling 101:

Peace to all you Treepers today and have a great weekend!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Somehow, my comment didn’t get posted under the photo shopped video of the ‘conversation’ between Trump, NP and CS.

3. Perot Conservative says:

This survey was conducted before PT gave his compassionate speech. I wonder if the numbers will change much?

I’ve made a civic duty of posting some of the Illegal Immigrant crime stats over at The Hill. What a chore.

4. Thank you SD for the many posts on this issue today. From what I’m reading and hearing today, I agree that the tide is turning on this issue. Apparently some of the freshman congressional Dems have begun urging some compromise on the issue.

Praying!

5. NoFixedAddress says:

I trust and pray that every American Soldier that is deployed overseas is withdrawn to the Homeland.

F*ck South Korea, Japan, Germany, and the so called Middle East.

That money paying the troops should benefit America.

Deploy them along the Southern Border, on the Canadian pipeline border and the Alaskan slopes.

America is already rotating troops through Australia for jungle warfare and now Brazil wants to be involved.

Talk about 5 eyes but maybe there is a chance for a 6th eye.

And troops on the Southern border should have authority to chase the scum coyote to their dens and wipe them out.

Whether that is Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras or wherever.

6. NoFixedAddress says:

And just shoot to death out of hand any invading scum that kills an American.

• wodiej says:

Well, some may think that is harsh. But in other countries, they will put you in front of a firing squad for drinking and driving. It would send a message and definitely curtail the invaders.

• Abster says:

Our biggest problem is there are no consequences for anything.

• notfaded1 says:

Deterrence and then punishment for trying to evade that deterrence. I totally agree. Why wouldn’t people act like this when there isn’t a downside to doing what they do? Geesh this isn’t rocket science. I think liberals see illegal immigration as survival. VSG is doing the right thing to swing the perception back to reality. We can’t have open borders period.

• sat0422 says:

That is beginning to build momentum in this country on most everything. The No Consequence Movement now has convicted felons able to vote, no time for crimes unless someone is killed and then, they may be eligible for parole after good behavior for a short time. Anyone can vote in some places and voter ID is damned by many. The socialists are doing their darn best to make appeasement a cornerstone of this nation. No consequences will only last so long, then the communists will take over and we, Americans who still remember freedom, will be swimming to Cuba…a place where they promise you much and deliver nothing in the way of hope.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Especially for the elites and the Oligarchy Guard.

• Michael Todaro says:

No Fixed Address is my kind of American. Shut down the flow of scum with force. Not just a show of force but actual force.

7. wodiej says:

Looking at the poll you can see which voters have the most sense.

Thank you, Sundance for posting. Things like this help make my day. PT spoke with sincerity about this issue. You can tell he truly cares. God bless the President and all of these folks who have a very challenging and dangerous job.

8. fred5678 says:

Saw on one channel report a woman who would not accept a trillion dollars to sell her land for a wall.

OK, build a wall 50 miles each side of her property, leave a giant gap opposite her land, and when she complains that 100% of illegals crossing the border in her sector are trampling her shrubbery, crapping on her lawn, killing her pets, and stealing her food, charge her $4 trillion to build her section of the wall.

Send me some more problemst to fix.

• ForGodandCountry says:

LOL
      Apparently the dumb cluck never heard of Eminent Domain.

• I know that liberal bitterness can run deep but a trillion dollars deep!
      That is scary.

• sat0422 says:

Someday they will overtake her house.

• Mac says:

I don’t like eminent domain. What New Haven did in the Kelo case makes my blood boil. However, it has its place when property needs to be seized for direct use by government when there is no other alternative. I would support seizure by eminent domain of a strip of border land all along the U.S. border as long as reasonable compensation (including something for inconvenience) is paid. That land is needed for national security purposes and those purposes are very clear: to build a barrier against illegal entry, a crime that hurts all American citizens and needs to be stopped posthaste.

• Liz says:

That was Help versus New London . One of the worst SC decisions ever

• MTeresa says:

It was actually the City of New London CT in the Kelo case. A good book about it is “Little Pink House” by Jeff Benedict that came out in the late 90’s. And you are correct that it was wrong wrong wrong. Worst case of eminent domain ever. If you look at that property today, it is still a vacant lot. They took those folks homes, destroyed the neighborhood, and never developed it.

Frankly, I think some of those old Italians (those poor lower income folks who they could do this to) who had to move spit and cursed the land. As it should be as far as I’m concerned.

But in the case of the Southern border, it is a legitimate use of eminent domain, as you say, as long as it includes “reasonable” compensation. Illegal entry into the United States must be stopped and all Americans will benefit from better security.

• MTeresa says:

“Frankly, I think some of those old Italians (those poor lower income folks who they could do this to) who had to move *must have* spit and cursed the land. As it should be as far as I’m concerned.”

• GB Bari says:

“Eminent Domain” has irrefutably been abused by corrupt govenment officials all over the country. There is plenty of evidence to support that.

I perform a service in my town as a member of a 3-person Zoning Board of Appeals. We hear cases where property owners request variances from zoning regulations in order to physically modify their homes or businesses, or to conduct activities within those homes or businesses that fall outside of “permitted use”. In almost all cases of property modifications, they want to infringe upon the setback areas that the municipality has long established within its zoning ordinances.

This southern border issue with ranchers is a case where property owners want full say over what ought to be a “setback” zone along the national border. I would hope the government works out a way for the property owners to get the water the need from the river if that is the issue, but otherwise I would overrule the landowners on the border wall. That wall should take priority over their water or aesthetic needs because the border “Setback” zone – to include the Wall – serves a high value utilitarian purpose for the larger community.

• Elle says:

She probably doesn’t want to lose the big money she makes allowing women, children and drugs to be trafficked across her land.

• Fake Nametag says:

LOL I remember long ago being so angry at my boss that I went out and got another job offer. I told myself I wouldn’t stay with my company if they offered me a million dollars a year. They ended up keeping me with a 30% raise. I put up with that horrible boss for another 15 years.

• Jenevive says:

Was the woman asked to sell her land or is this
      another..I wouldn;t work in this adminstration
      even though they were never asked to. But they
      are like I won;t accept the job (that I was never offered
      in the first place)

• Michael Todaro says:

Yo Fred5678! Perfect solution.

9. fred5678 says:

SIX Democrats already have spoken for a wall:

And Ana Navarro may be missing in action in the coming days, so there’s that to be thankful for.

• ForGodandCountry says:

I didn’t look, but I’d wager they are red state dems trying to protect their phony-baloney jobs.

• Jenevive says:

I read an article one was from VA.
        She is new and she said that, paraphrasing
        that when you start getting calls and contacts from
        your constituents about why the Dems aren;t
        concerned about security you need to basically
        listen to them.

• ladypenquin says:

Bet that was Elaine Luria (VA-02) – took the seat from GOP Scott Taylor. Dems targeted it. She’s been getting a little beat up in the letters-to-editor. One of those who promised she wouldn’t vote for Pelosi, and then was bought in a closed door meeting.

That’s how the Dems roll.

• It looks like ther is a crack in the Democrats wall!

• Judith says:

DemonRats coming out against open borders globalists? That will not be tolerated. I’m sure it is only for show. Open borders is the one 🌎 hill that our UNiparty IS willing to die on!

• Mac says:

I wonder if a few of the constituents called up and informed their ‘critter that, should something untoward happen to any of said constituent’s family members at the hands of an illegal alien, that constituent would hold the ‘critter PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE.

• InAz says:

@ Mac,

I have done that very thing. I contacted all the traitors in the Swamp and told them if an illegal hurts my family they will be sued personally, because they are violating laws and their oath of office. And not just them but also past office holder traitors.
              I would work to get a class action lawsuit going.

• 1stgoblyn says:

We need to keep posting/sharing the videos of Pelosi, Chucky, Soetoro, Bill and Hill and all the other hypocrites arguing FOR a wall and border security just a few years ago. Show those who say we do not need a wall what the lying liars who lie had to say about it when they were for it as compared to what they are saying now.

• Michael Todaro says:

Ana Navarro is a disgusting, morbidly obese, stupid slob from Nicaragua. Go back I say. And that Jorge Ramos should have been deported a long time ago. He’s been in USA for a long time but still sounds like a newly arrived wetback. Assimilation ?

10. getfitnow says:

FTA – McConnell Blocked the Senate From Voting on a Spending Bill Without Wall Funding

• ladypenquin says:

I pray for McConnell every day. It’s okay to pray that someone could be redeemed. 🙂

We need him to be strong and stout for the Supreme Court – RBG isn’t long for the seat, and I’m NOT wishing her demise, but just being realistic.

It will be a bloody battle – worse than Kavanaugh.

11. Mike says:

Halfway through Grant by Ron Chernow. Found an interesting parallel.

The Reconstruction Acts sought to give Freedmen (blacks) education and suppress white men attacking black polling stations. In effect ensuring blacks votes would secure Radical Republicans in office.

Democrats insuring illegal entry in the US will eventually secure Democrats in Congress. It’s worked in CA noting the legislate is at 70% Dems.

12. Publius2016 says:

The Poll is junk! real numbers are 9 to 1 Illegal Immigration is a problem! support for the The Wall 2 out of 3: the REASON DImms voted for The Wall/Fence in the past…

13. Publius2016 says:

its all about USMCA! follow the money! otherwise Senate would be all over this!

14. bour3 says:

Interesting. But as usual too much Hannity.

15. maggie0987 says:

Interesting info on this site re 2006 ‘plans’ for the wall –

16. magagirl says:

I’m an american citizen, I was born in Guatemala. My mom lives in an middle upper class neighbourhood. It is surrounded by wall and razor blade, has two security posts with armed guards at all times. For entering into the neighborhood you have to have your functioning electronic pass (meaning your neighborhood dues up to date) or if you are a visitor you have to leave your ID with the guards until you leave. This is now the normal rule for most neighborhoods, office buildings, apartment complex, etc. In Guatemala people have alarm ststems everywhere too.
    During high school and college some of my friends had bodyguards and drove bullet proof cars. Many times my car got robbed, my friends kidnapped, family’s houses robbed, it’s a dangerous place down there.

• Judith says:

I don’t blame such people for wanting to leave all that behind, essentially running away from their problems, but they shouldn’t. These problems are all rooted in socialism, a mindset that has taken root where ever they happen to go next.

I see it here in the USA, people moving from state to state, like plagues of locusts, until red states (no surprise) turn blue. Socialists, be they foreign or home-grown, never stay long enough to understand and fix the problems they create; Instead, they move on when their situation becomes intolerable, only to create a new shithole.

To me, there is nothing more glaring in the UNiparty’s cognitive dissonance than living behind walls with locked doors and armed guards while espousing open borders and gun-free zones.

• bandit says:

Yes, Judith. I have been saying the same thing. These knuckleheads move from the coasts to Texas but still vote Dem.The men usually get it , but their wives dig in. I have never seen anything like it. I want to scream and tell her.. If it wasn’t for our low tax state, your husbands company would not have given him that raise to move here!! Very frustrating!!

• Martell says:

They want to be accepted by their liberal minded groups of friends and acquaintances. They will never stand up for themselves even if they see that the left is wrong. They are neither strong nor deep thinkers and it’s easier to follow than to lead.

• magagirl says:

My point is that walls and security work well, I’m all for it! It doesn’t come as a crazy idea at all to me, on the contrary I find it necessary knowing that also violent people are crossing illegally.

• Greg1 says:

Well said, thank you for your information and sharing your experiences.

• Judith says:

Magagirl I don’t mean to attack someone like you who emigrates legally. I understand the reasons, as I have been wistfully dreaming of the Swiss Alps myself.

My point was if we don’t stick around long enough to learn from our problems then they will follow us wherever we go. The large percentage of minorities who vote DemonRat for “free stuff” bears this out.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yes, Judith, absolutely yes.

I think sometimes it’s the overt, obnoxious hypocrisy that angers us the most.

• MostlyRight says:

I’ve spent time living and working in Malawi, Africa. The hotels have massive walls topped with a layer of mortar embedded with shards of broken glass, and then outward facing spikes or razor wire. Armed guards walk the perimeters and guarded gates are the only way inside. The homes of the permanent aid workers, mostly Westerners, are surrounded the same way, and have personal armed security and massive dogs walking their properties. All windows and doors have iron bars.

But walls don’t work…

17. Elle says:

This is such a brilliant move by Trump against Pelosi and Schumer. Every day Trump he gets in front of this he smashes their narrative, built over decades, that illegal immigration, rather than legal immigration, is somehow compassionate and Trump exposes how it is nothing more than very profitable human trafficking for cheap labor, the sex trade, and drugs. It is evil hunger games for the poor to benefit the rich.

The dems are so lame and weak after years of protection by the press that they don’t realize he is crushing them in the 2020 election by making them take this stand. There is nothing but benefit to Trump every day the news is forced to civer this. I’m surprised Trump doesn’t say , “check” every time he signs off one of these press conferences.

• MTeresa says:

“Trump exposes how it is nothing more than very profitable human trafficking for cheap labor, the sex trade, and drugs. It is evil hunger games for the poor to benefit the rich.”

He’s holding the Republicans feet to the fire while crushing the Democrats narrative. You’re spot on. He’s crushing them by forcing them to take this stand. And don’t forget he’s also exposing the MSM. Frankly they looks ridiculous twisting themselves into pretzels denying what we all KNOW to be true.

• Coldeadhands says:

Yes, VSGDJT is exposing the Dimms and…he is also making open borders radioactive for o.b. advocates from the GOP!
      Good point about laziness of Dimms sheltered by Enemedia.

18. Zabadak says:

I would love to hear our great President hammer away on these facts:

1) The main reason why Democrats are against the wall is because they need the votes of the illegal aliens to replace the lost votes of legal American citizens.

2) The Chamber of Commerce, The Business Roundtable, Wall Street, Koch Brothers, and big business in general want the cheap labor of illegal aliens.

He can still hammer away in the usual way, but I think he needs to spell this out. I’d love for him to call out Mitch and all Rinos and Democrats that are in the hip pocket of these special interests groups but that would be like cutting off his nose to spite his face. Maybe shaming them into supporting him is his thought process without directly calling them out.

National security needs a yellow vest nationwide in your face movement.

• stablesort says:

“National security needs a yellow vest nationwide in your face movement”

Personally, the red hat works fine for me.

• Martell says:

So true and correct. Can you write and suggest this to the White House? It just seems so necessary and common sensical. Sometimes we all assume that the rest of America are as aware as we are.

19. Mixed messages from President Trump is confusing our enemies abroad, and the liberals at home. How are they suppose to plan their strategy if Pres Trump has mixed messages?
    Obama gave our enemies a time line, months in advance so they could plan their strategies.
    Pres Trump is so not Obama!

• Judith says:

Like tough love, it may seem like a mixed message, but it’s not. Every con game and scam known to man throughout the ages relies on duping the weak and the gullible, tricking them by exploiting either their greed or their kindness (The Snake).

Many in this nation and throughout the Western World have been scammed for decades about the New World Order, which is being sold as “compassion” for a “sustainable” planet. “They” always have our best interests at heart. /s

The reality is more like the Roman Coliseums, with hungry lions roaming freely, unleashed to devour all the innocents, to the delight of an increasingly dissociative ruling class.

• MelH says:

If you go to the United Nations web site you will see the leadership is totally invested in Globalism and Socialism. They are 100% convinced Climate Change is our Number 1 enemy. I’m surprised the President acts as if they don’t exist. Or maybe they have zero power and I am ignorant on the subject. They act as if the President doersn’t exist, so it’s a 2-way street.

• Martell says:

Globalism, socialism and global changeism all would consolidate power on a few elite through increase taxation and erosion of our constitution. So of course they are all for it.

• Judith says:

Globalism also gives a faceless, unelected foreign entity complete control of our natural resources, our economy and our lives. And that is what Globalism / socialism is really about: ceding individual control and national sovereignty to a distant collective.

20. Mr Spock says:

The $5.6B will pay for just 200 miles of new border barrier (only 10% of total border)….

• Yep. Not enough to do what is needed. I suspect, the rest will have to wait until P Trump’s 2nd term.

P Trump still has the DACA card.

– More wall/border security funding
      – End Chain Migration
      – End Lottery system
      – Toughen E verify

• Michael Todaro says:

Then keep the non essential bureaucracy shut down until there is much, much, much more $$$$ for the wall. (Is Spock a troll?)

21. I wish he didn’t cancel his trip to DAVOS! Last year it was a big success!

22. Marcia says:

As a former police officer in the late 1970’s I really wanted to help people. It didn’t take me long to find out that most of the people I was trying to help didn’t want help; they wanted to be left alone to create havoc.

Later on I became a Magistrate. Most the people who appeared before me were sorry; however, not for the crime but because they got caught.

So what is my point? There are people out there who want to hurt you and steal from you. Will a Wall prevent all of this from happening; no, but it will certainly help. President Trump needs our support to accomplish this.

• Judith says:

Trying to save people from themselves is a tall order, Marcia. We so want to believe in and cultivate the goodness inherent in all souls. The lost sheep.

I have found that the best way to reach them is by living well. In our confusing, disjointed society people notice and appreciate the difference.

By setting an example for those who wish to follow a better path, we are the pebbles that create the ripples and then the crashing waves. “We the people” are the movement, one pebble at a time.

• Dixie says:

Excellent comment from a first person standpoint. Thanks for your service.

• Michael Todaro says:

I’ve had the same experience as a lawyer. I’ve tried to help “oppressed minorities” for many years before, slow to learn, I realized 95% of them are artfully gaming the system and gaming me in the process.

23. stablesort says:

MAGA, BREXIT & Yellow-Vests versus the New World Order. What’s it gonna be, folks?

24. If 79% of Americans truly agree there is a crisis at the border, 79% of Americans must agree that the Democrats and MSM are lying.

• MVW says:

I was so used to Republi-Idiots being so incredibly inept at getting the truth of their position out that I figured the only way to get what is needed or prevent what is disastrous was to just do it.

In contrast, Trump uses the Demon-Rats Socialism idiocy to demolish them and their agenda. It takes more time, but the battle…AND…the war are won, vs win the battle but lose the war.

So, Trump taking the time to drag the Demons & their propaganda media behind the Trump train wrecks them. This is a war for BRAND. Demons are losing their BRAND.

• Judith says:

Yes, Demons are losing their BRAND. “Compassion” is creating and following an orderly and humane system of LEGAL immigration, not arduous treks across thousands of miles of hostile terrain with shady human traffickers, criminals and drug mules using women and children as shields.

• MVW says:

I admit it, I am slow as snails on a cold floor. Democrats winning the House has given Trump the battlefield to get the Democrats to destroy their BRAND.

By the time 2020 elections occur, Republicans will win the Brand Wars as well as the elections. Democrats will have destroyed their Brand and lost.

The Democrat dinosaur propaganda media will have also killed their Brand.

• Judith says:

“Crisis at the border” can be taken in different ways. For us, the “crisis” means a national security threat. For Dimmies it denotes a humanitarian crisis, in which we are now obliged to rescue all these “suffering” people.

This entire poll is skewed by each respondent’s interpretation of “crisis at the border.” For example, I could respond there is NO crisis at the border, because I don’t believe these people are true refugees in crisis.

I believe such polls are a waste of time. There are too many variables in the way they are worded, the way they are weighted by the sampling of respondents, and, most importantly, the intent behind the swaying of public opinion.

As we can see by the unbending Enemedia narrative, as well as their highly manipulative and controlled online presence barring conservative voices, all such polls are subjective, at best, and therefore as unscientific and unpredictable as it gets.

• Elle says:

You are correct that some may see it as a crisis for the refugees, but the same people that feel compassion for the refugees are the same people who will begin to see that there is nothing humane about human trafficking. Nothing humane about demanding they get raped, drag their children and die in the desert only to risk getting caught and sent home.

Trump has blown decades worth of cover the press has provided to the evils of human trafficking. Try it with a die hard liberal. Have the discussion and make them defend one in 3 women getting raped. Make them defend child sex trafficking that results from this. Make them defend that their gardener’s can’t go to the police if you fail to pay. You can see the scales fall from their eyes. They still desperately want to hate Trump, but they begin to see that there is nothing compassionate about these Hunger Games.

• Hsssssss says:

In order for any lib loonies to listen to anything President Trump has to say there must be factual proof – so I say show some pictures, videos, interviews with the victims and then only maybe will they even start to think it is a good idea to secure the border.
          Trying to convince a lib lunatic with just your words is next to impossible – most are just insane and will call you a racist among other things…

• Elle says:

so true. I never bother to argue, except on this one issue. It does give them pause when you ask why they want their maids and nannies to have to risk being raped and dying in the desert in order to seek a better life. They have no answer. You can see rusty cogs start creaking inside their brain when they grasp what they are supporting.

25. Justin Green says:

Well, when you don’t have the moral high ground, don’t have the facts on your side, then denial, lies and name-calling are all you have left.

The Democrat Way.

• covfefe999 says:

It’s insane that the Dems have chosen to go that route. It’s downright crazy. C-R-A-Z-Y. This Dem Party is nothing like the party of a few decades ago. Even under President Clinton it wasn’t like this.

By the way, notice the only side talking about DACA is the GOP. The Dems have completely abandoned the DACA recipients. They are protecting and promoting illegal aliens, including criminals. Everyone else get to the back of the line, DACA recipients, and blacks too. Dems don’t give a sh*t about them.

26. covfefe999 says:

When enough TSA and air traffic controllers and people in other jobs that ensure our national safety and security walk off the job or call in sick, Trump will have an even better reason to declare a national emergency.

• MelH says:

What is the downside of declaring a National Emergency? it ought to be pretty clear shutting down the government is not going to effect a change of heart for the Democrats. The ones who make the decisions are getting paid, no matter the shut down.

27. JoD says:

Candidate Trump made his intentions to “Build a wall” on the southern border very clear in 2015. The Soros party of Commiecrats need their pipeline of drugs, weapons and people flowing freely. IMO, “they” may have been very busy buying properies that would be required for a wall. Just another “Insurance policy.”
    No sale at any price would force the use of eminent domain….not popular.
    Stay tuned.

28. duchess01 says:

#N3
    EXCLUSIVE: Patriots REACT After Trump Declares BORDER CRISIS – The OPERATION is Underway!!!

29. Zippy says:

Hey, look kids! A MASSIVELY overpriced $25 BILLION wall at $25-29 million per mile versus an average $16 million per mile for a SIX LANE EXPRESSWAY through a US URBAN area or $3.2 million per mile for Israel’s EXCELLENT wall could have been fully paid for in 2017 just with the amount of taxpayer money transferred to banks:

The full story:

At Taxpayers’ Expense, Fed Paid Banks $38.5 Billion in Interest on “Reserves” in 2018. Here’s How
    19 Jan 2019

• thedoc00 says:

Interest on Required Reserve Balances and Excess Balances

The Federal Reserve Banks pay interest on required reserve balances and on excess reserve balances. The Board of Governors has prescribed rules governing the payment of interest by Federal Reserve Banks in Regulation D (Reserve Requirements of Depository Institutions, 12 CFR Part 204).

The Financial Services Regulatory Relief Act of 2006 authorized the Federal Reserve Banks to pay interest on balances held by or on behalf of depository institutions at Reserve Banks, subject to regulations of the Board of Governors, effective October 1, 2011. The effective date of this authority was advanced to October 1, 2008, by the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.

The interest rate on required reserves (IORR rate) is determined by the Board and is intended to eliminate effectively the implicit tax that reserve requirements used to impose on depository institutions. The interest rate on excess reserves (IOER rate) is also determined by the Board and gives the Federal Reserve an additional tool for the conduct of monetary policy. According to the Policy Normalization Principles and Plans adopted by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), during monetary policy normalization, the Federal Reserve intends to move the federal funds rate into the target range set by the FOMC primarily by adjusting the IOER rate. For the current setting of the IOER rate, see the most recent implementation note issued by the FOMC. This note provides the operational settings for the policy tools that support the FOMC’s target range for the federal funds rate.

No matter if one agrees the Fed should exist or not, missing from this incomplete article is that the Fed is replacing the assets it bled out during the fake financial crisis 2009-2011. The interest rate is currently 2.4%. Do the math, more money placed in reserve means a higher interest payout. This is part of the cost for maintaining the Fed crutch or leg within national economic policy.

Then there are the misleading cost numbers you site. There is NO fair comparison between costs a foreign government lays out vs US government expenditures for anything. There are issues regarding regulations, laws, government ownership of assets, costs of labor, etc. that preclude any accurate comparison.

30. Iam an woman But a lot Thing am Not agree with Them,I Have a lot of comments,

31. Greg1 says:

Further proof that CNN and the msm are so CORRUPT that they must maintain their narrative no matter what the truth is:

CNN asked a local news station for the local view on the effectiveness of the wall in their area.

CNN was informed that it was effective.

CNN declined the local view, it deviated from their narrative.

CNN declined the truth.

CNN LIES by advancing a false narrative and deliberately hiding and running from the truth.

CNN is not a news agency, CNN is propaganda for liberals.

• thedoc00 says:

Even in cases whereby a local entity or citizen claimed there were no issues with illegals, allot of context and fact is omitted from those stories.
      1. No discussion of numbers of illegals who actually pass through the local community.
      2. No discussion of how many illegals actually stop for any reason in the local community. Nearly every non-apprehended illegal passes through on the way to bigger paydays or richer crime areas in sanctuary areas. They are on the run and do not have time to stop at a border town, unless there is a “sponsored rest station put in place”.
      3. No discussion of the fact that those apprehended by the Border Patrol are bussed inland and not deposited in the local community.

• MTeresa says:

The only thing I would disagree with you about is saying this is about “liberals”. Dennis Prager is spot on when he differentiates between a liberal and a leftist. https://www.dennisprager.com/leftism-is-not-liberalism/

I would agree that CNN is propaganda and say that they are run by globalist leftists.

32. Zippy says:

• Hsssssss says:

Solution:
      Invite every Mexican in Mexico to live in the US
      Seal The Borders of Mexico
      President Trump Buys Mexico
      All Trump Supporters Can Move To Mexico and Live Happily On The Beaches

• Judith says:

That’s actually not a bad idea. Mexico has rich natural resources being hoarded by a corrupt government that runs the drug trade and exploits its people.

If they continue to insist on “open borders” then we SHOULD just turn the tables, charge back in and invade Mexico! I’m fine with that.

33. jambo says:

If any stand is worth making then it is this one.
    It can only result in a win for President Trump.

The FBI/DOJ scandal still needs addressing though.

People need to be jailed and they are not crossing the border illegally but living in DC.

President Trump is still kicking goals but I really want a spygate scalp.

34. EJ says:

Simple – erect two cheap fences. Fill the middle with landminds. Problem solved.

35. Victor Laszlo says:

The politicians already know. We need to call every network, and Twitter every reporter!

36. EJ says:

Is it at all possible that giant military budget has loose language in it that would allow money to be diverted to the border and the President is already a few steps ahead?

• joebkonobi says:

As long as polls favor the wall, I think PDJT is happy to let the Demonrats hang themselves for now. As long as they do stupid, PDJT gains politically and Demonrats lose voters. If polls continue to favor the wall, Demonrats will also be blamed for the shutdown. Lose/Lose situation for the Demonrats. If polls begin to reverse, PDJT will take executive action.

• auscitizenmom says:

I agree. And, I think the more the public hears Nancy and Chuck speak, the more the public realizes how stupid their position is.

37. Keln says:

I have a proposal for President Trump.

Offer the Democrats this: “If you give me the wall and some of the other things I want, I will consider not running in 2020”.

Then run in 2020.

It’s only fair. That’s how they deal with us.

38. Mike in a Truck says:

We kept the evil Norks contained on the Korean Peninsula but we cant contain our southern border? Follow the money.Voter replacement.Drugs.Pedo resupply. Terrorists. The plan worked fine for the last 50 years.

39. sDee says:

Fences work too 🙂

40. Texian says:

Since we are so polarized as a Nation right now.. And the border wall being such a polarizing icon..

One can draw conclusions..

Couple this poll with overflowing crowds in the tens of thousands at Trump rallies and democrats who can’t even fill a cubicle for an office meeting..

And you have 79% of the American population voting for President Trump.. A more likely accurate number considering the evidence..

..And yet the democrats win the House..??

E.L.E.C.T.I.O.N. F.R.A.U.D. ..

• Hsssssss says:

Every single person here should sign up to be a poll watcher or even an election judge and work the polls – my sister did it and she said the test was a breeze.

• Judith says:

Poll watchers seem to report a lot of problems, like running out of ballots and machine algorithms that counted votes improperly. And where are they when people are running around for weeks after the polls have closed, digging up additional boxes of ballots?

Poll watchers giving reports that nobody ever acts on, is just not enough. We need to act not to watch. We need to PRIMARY these suckers and “throw them the hell out,” to borrow POTUS words, before they ever make it onto a ballot in the first place!

And we can’t sit on our hands waiting for the RNC to help in this effort.

• GB Bari says:

Poll watchers are essentially useless when the local rules are that no one can ask for any voter’s identification, no matter what the poll watcher or poll judge might suspect.

• yy4u says:

Yes there was fraud. Mostly illegals voting, voting more than once and mostly vote harvesting. BUT Americans traditionally FORGET how bad times were when times are good. Witness West Virginia. Donald Trump pulled that state out of the dust bin almost single handedly. What did West Virginians do in the midterms? Voted for Joe Manchin. And don’t tell me the Repub was not a good candidate. ANY candidate supported by POTUS SHOULD have won the Senate seat IF West Virginians had a scintilla of loyalty to the man who rescued their coal miners. Nope. Same thing happened in VA. VA was a mess after Tim Kaine (whom we keep returning to the Senate) was governor. We elected a Republican (Bob McDonnell) who fixed the state. McDonnell was targeted by the Obama Administration (Holder) — convicted — conviction overturned by the courts — as happened a lot but too late — so what did Virginians do? Elected McAuliff and now Northam. Northam is interesting in that the Republicans chose Ed Gillespie (an Establishment never Trumper who distanced himself from POTUS, brought in George W. Bush to campaign for him) and guess what? He lost!

41. 4dsy says:

Concrete vs Steel? My idea is do both… after erecting the hollow steel columns, fill them with concrete so they can’t be opened with a cutting torch.

42. annieoakley says:

Then President George Bush, John McCain, Ted Kennedy all wanted amnesty in 2006. People voted overwhelmingly against it and demanded a wall. I really don’t think Americans think any differently today. The problem is the population of Americans has been diluted with all the muzz and illegals brought in BY the DC Cabal that is our Federal Government. Congress is full of trash and useless paper pushers. They don’t care anymore (and the professional Black Caucus never did) what we want for OUR country.

• yy4u says:

We are slowly being replaced by a people whose natural status is that of a serf. They won’t object to the posh life serfs in the USA enjoy when compared to the dangerous life serfs anywhere else enjoy. White (especially male) Christians are being replaced because white male Christians do not take kindly to serfdom and always ultimately rebel. Don’t think that hasn’t escaped the “elite”.

43. yy4u says:

None of this would be happening if Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell had done their jobs when the Republicans had the House, Senate and Presidency all of 2017 and 2018.

• Judith says:

You are so right about that! The Republican party must burn the ground and then we start over. There is no other way to weed out the posers. And don’t forget POTUS needed ONLY ONE VOTE in order to make critical recess appointments. He didn’t get one vote for MAGA, not even from so-called friends like Rand Paul and Teddy Bear cruz. Our Congress is a joke! And a bad one at that!

44. Donzo says:

The 21% of Dems who see neither a crisis or a problem are mostly furloughed nonessenial gov. workers who are currently enjoying a paid vacation thanks to the taxpayers. It’s time to lay the vast majority of them off.

• Justin Green says:

Those government workers don’t care that I was gouged $8,000 per year over the past 9 years thanks to Obamacare. And that’s not counting the $2,500 savings I was SUPPOSED to see, lol.

They had their own nifty little non-Obamacare plans.

45. TradeBait says:

Just had a 22 year old killed in a car accident by a drunk, previously deported illegal here in Knoxville. Ask his parents what should happen. The local media did. The were told in calm manner by his great parents to stop the madness, build the wall and increase border security. Our new GOP Rep Tim Burchett (took doofus Bushie Duncan’s seat), went to the House floor and called Pelosi out on it.

• Justin Green says:

It’s tragic that there has to be this much loss of life at all. Glad your rep noticed the tragedy.

• yy4u says:

Same thing happened in Virginia Beach some years ago. Two 18 year old girls were killed by an illegal alien who had been picked up for drunk driving prior to the accident. The girls would be alive today had he been deported. Illegal is illegal and I don’t care what happens that puts you in the crosshairs of ICE, you need to GO.

Don’t know if it is possible, but ICE should deport ANY person whom they know is in the country illegally. I don’t care how long that person has been in the country, I don’t care if s/he pays taxes or s/he is a responsible, contributing citizen. If s/he is in the country illegally I want him/her GONE. Period. No exceptions. That means YOUR maid. YOUR nanny. YOUR gardener. YOUR construction worker. And while you’re at it, JAIL the person who employed the illegal for 6 months per illegal and fine him/her $6,000.00.

ENOUGH.

46. Right to reply says:

We don’t want scenes like this in the USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=yiTNeL8hIUo

47. Text Message from President Trump….pure awesomeness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“President Trump: 79% of Americans (and 71% of Democrats!) know we have a problem and a CRISIS on the Southern Border.

I visited our Southern Border today & the American people are RIGHT. Believe me.

Nancy & Chuck are so TIRED of us WINNING that they are willing to let drugs, sex traffickers, and criminals pour into our country. DISGRACEFUL !

I will not cave, I will FIGHT for REAL Border Security……”

I love this man so much, it makes me cry how great this President is.

48. Lactantius says:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves AND OUR POSTERITY, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Professional politicians, globalists and too many self-centered climbers in our society do not have any concept of preserving and protecting our posterity. We gobble up our heritage and we squander it. The old saying about big wealth in a family is that it goes from sliver spoon to no spoon in three generations. Same with a sense of posterity.

The liberal arts education was an extremely valuable one when it was based in reading and analyzing the great minds of the past. It allowed students to benefit from standing on the shoulders of giants when facing contemporary concerns. The great teachers helped guide the liberal arts students in the process of discovery and interpretation. And no liberal arts student was permitted to escape the absolute brilliance encapsulated in the Old Testament and the New Testament. That is because the great minds of the ancients were all influenced by the concept of “posterity.” The focus was always on a “better” society tomorrow.

Then the liberal arts got hi-jacked by nincompoops who were addlepated by the belief that they knew the “correct” thinking and dedicated themselves to erasing “incorrect” thinking. The liberal arts became an emotional experience based on feel-good dogma and self righteous piety. And students went into debt for obscene amounts of money to be pampered and pandered in an all but useless degree program. Imagine a parent shelling out $60,000 a year for four years for their little darling to be a barista at Starbucks.

“Posterity” is the soul of culture and tradition. Without a sense of posterity, we do things like stop forming families and passing our visions and dreams along. There is, in aggregate, $1.5 Trillion in outstanding student loans. That is the reality of “posterity” for America’s workforce. If debt load makes emotional people even more emotional, we should not be surprised.

We have a society that has become radicalized by the notion that life is to be lived in relative comfort at the aggregate expense of those who “have more than they need.” Some yeehaw was wailing in print about the cost of a heart transplant. What he failed to notice is the fact that someone dies in order for a heart to be transplanted. Apparently, not only should we get a heart if we need one, but it should come at a reasonable price. How does that concept mesh with the understanding of posterity? Me, me, me.

President Donald J. Trump stood at the border yesterday and he talked like the proverbial “Great White Father in Washington.” That is not a racial slur. He came as the Big Chief in charge of protecting the posterity of all the people of America – red, brown, yellow, black and white. He talked about stopping the drug flow, child sex trade, illegal immigration, gangs, and terrorists. No society can make a sentient case for the inclusion of illicit drugs, child sex slavery, violent gangs, illegal immigrants or terrorists as part of their culture, traditions and posterity.

And, yet, the DemonizingRats plow on as if posterity is a quaint concept which died long ago.