Friday January 11th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

219 Responses to Friday January 11th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A Guilty Conscience

Four of our grandchildren have a large high-spirited dog named Molly. Molly is like most dogs; she loves to eat and romp with the kids. But she also likes to roam the neighborhood, crashing through the neighbor’s flowerbeds and vegetable gardens. Needless to say, a dog her size could do a lot of damage in short order. To correct the problem, Kevin and Jessica purchased an electronic collar. They merely set the transmitter in the house to all the boundaries of the yard. When Molly approaches one of the borders, her collar begins to beep, and then the unit gives her a mild shock when she gets too close to the perimeter. It didn’t take Molly long to realize that, when she hears a beeping sound, she knows to stop before she gets zapped.

Along these same lines, God has put an invisible beeper, a conscience, inside every human being, which warns us when we’re about to do something wrong. At his second appearance before the Diet of Worms, Martin Luther stated about his stand, “To go against conscience is neither right nor safe.”

“For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses” (Rom. 5:13,14).

The term impute in this passage is an accounting term; it simply means “to put to one’s account.” While men sinned during the period between Adam and Moses, they were not held accountable for those sins because God had not yet given the commandments that prohibited them. This does not mean that they were any less guilty of sin or any less deserving of eternal judgment. It is important to remember that, during this period, men were living under the dispensation of conscience; therefore, they were without excuse. This is what Paul means in Romans 2:

“For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another” (Rom. 2:14,15).

Conscience means “to know” or “with knowledge.” Under that dispensation, conscience was to govern mankind. It required men to do all known good, and abstain from all known evil.

After Adam and Eve had sinned, “they knew that they were naked” and consequently, they sewed figs leaves together to cover themselves (Gen. 3:7). In other words, their consciences were activated to know the difference between good and evil, and right and wrong. They knew they had sinned against God and felt guilty as a result of it.

Cain knew that God required a blood sacrifice, but he did evil in the sight of the Lord and brought an offering from the fruit of the ground. He sinned and had to deal with the guilt of his decision (Gen. 4:5). God would not receive Cain’s offering because it came from the earth, which had been cursed. Abel, on the other hand, responded to God in faith and brought what God required of him.

God is teaching us that, even though there was no Law between Adam and Moses, we are to understand that conscience was their guide, for they were “a law unto themselves.” As a result, they were without excuse. You see, God is demonstrating that, no matter what dispensation He has placed man under—Conscience, Law, Grace—all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

With this in mind, Paul adds, “Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses.” Even though the Law of Moses hadn’t been implemented at that time, death still reigned supreme in that, eventually the people died. But that raises this question: if the sins of men were not charged to their account, why did death still have mastery over them? Simple: they had sinned in Adam, which is true of the entire human race. Since we are Adam’s posterity, we are all born in him. He is our federal head. What was true of him is true of us as well.

God, in His infinite knowledge, sees what we are unable to see. When Adam reached for that forbidden fruit, we were in him; consequently, we are identified with his sin. Another example of this principle is found in Hebrews 7:9,10. So then, the trio of death— physical, spiritual and the possibility of eternal death—reigned because we have all sinned in Adam. This also explains how a newborn, who has never committed one sinful act, sometimes dies due to complications. They sinned in Adam! Personally, I believe God has made a very special provision for these little ones (II Sam. 12:22,23).

“Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound” (Rom. 5:20). The Law magnified sin! It shined a spotlight on it to show man how exceedingly sinful he really is. When the Law says, “Thou shalt not steal,” man’s natural response is to question the law rebelliously and disobey it. When you tell a toddler that he is not allowed to open the basement door and then move out of their range of sight, he will put his hand on the door knob and look to see if you’re watching. You see, it shows us that there is a natural tendency to do wrong. God magnified that a hundredfold when He gave the Law. Once again, it was to demonstrate that all are sinners in word, thought, and deed.

From the beginning, conscience has been woven through all the ages and dispensations. It is what’s known as a trans-dispensational truth. But we find it interesting that there is very little emphasis placed on conscience under the Mosaic system, which shouldn’t surprise us (Heb. 9:9). The commandments served as the conscience of the people of God in time past: “Thou shalt not…,” “This do and thou shalt live…,” “If you hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep His commandments and His statutes….” There was a law or statute to govern every step of their lives.

When we turn to the Gentile epistles, Paul makes frequent references to the conscience under grace. Today we have liberty in Christ, but we are never to use that liberty for an occasion to the flesh, whether it’s to entertain impure thoughts or commit an immoral act. Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lust. The Law demands; grace beseeches! As God implores us to walk worthy of our calling, He uses His Word, the Spirit, and our consciences as an early warning system, to assist us in living a life that is well pleasing to Him. Remember and remember well: it’s a dangerous thing to disobey your conscience.

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genesis 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Hebrews 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
    10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

2Samuel 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
    23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Hebrews 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

• angellestaria6674 says:

Great mini-sermon and follow up verses!

Blessings

• lotbusyexec says:

Much appreciated this AM 🙂 Thank you! I always called it my “good angel” vs my “bad angel” voice inside my head (“no, no, no” vs “yes, yes, yes”). Like your interpretation better 😉

• angellestaria6674 says:

Uh…’fraid a lot of us have done that voice in the head thing. Hey, whatever works and keeps us on the holy highway, right?

Blessings

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“follow up verses!”

Those were not included when these articles were published in newspapers. They are important, because 99% of people reading here would not pull out a bible to look them up.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Oh, I figured you put them in. I was saying, you made great choices of verses to post after the sermon. You do a good service by posting verses in full with a the accompanying numerical reference.

2. citizen817 says:

FOR A FEW WEEKS EACH YEAR DURING THE WINTER SOLSTICE, THE SUN CASTS AN ETHEREAL GLOW THROUGH KEYHOLE ARCH ON BIG SUR’S PFEIFFER BEACH AT SUNSET |

• bakocarl says:

A door in the Rock . . . how apt!
      “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

3. citizen817 says:

WEBSTER LAKE, STOCKTON KS

4. citizen817 says:

5. Lucille says:

Congregational singing is close to my heart, and this beautiful hymn is one I remember from my earliest years. The description doesn’t say where this wonderful cathedral is located, but the congregation certainly sings GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS with enthusiasm…

• angellestaria6674 says:

One of my favorites too. Kinda makes my eyes water up.

Blessings.

Btw, Lucille, have you heard anything about how Mark’s surgery went the other morning? I woke up praying for him right about that time.

• Lucille says:

No, haven’t heard a thing. I would imagine we’ll hear as soon as they can handle talking on camera. If the prognosis is not good even though the operation itself was as successful as possible, we’ll receive a written YouTube notification with no one being filmed.

They so very much appreciate every prayer.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“where this wonderful cathedral is located”

I have seen it somewhere before, my best guess is in the United Kingdom.

6. nimrodman says:

Separated at birth?

7. Garrison Hall says:

The first time i heard “Who Knows Where The Time Goes” was this performance by Judy Collins. At the time I didn’t know that it was actually written by Sandy Denny another wonderful singer, when she was all of 18 years of age . . . There’s genius in a song like this and it takes enormous talent to do it justice. Of course Judy Collins (accompanied I think by Steven Stills on guitar) has just that kind of talent. Sandy Denny’s versions are magical. But so is this one by Judy. A later version by Eva Cassidy also captures the wistfulness and longing of the original. I won’t even attempt to say who does it best. Anybody who can sing this song and give it justice is “the best” . . .

8. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday, Treepers.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Uh….shouldn’t that be Happy Catriday since it is Friday?

I have one of the wildest, bat-crazy schedules on planet Earth, so much so it makes my days mixed up. Vous à?

• Garrison Hall says:

Oops. Kings X . . . 🙂 Retirement will do this to a person. Everyday day is like Saturday!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hmm…everyday a Caturday…well heck, that can’t possibly be a bad thing!

Well enjoy your Caturday/Catriday anyway.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Talking about bands, I actually played online chess with Axl Rose one night over on Chessworld.net. He wasn’t great at the game, played at about 1300, but was just there to relax and have some fun. I have no idea what was being said in our conversation that led up to him talking about how bad his teeth were due to excessive hard drinking. He was quite the amiable chap, though. You never know you may run into playing online chess. Could be a rock star one day and the king of a country the next.

Did you like the Allman brothers? Back in my much younger day, I jammed with a drummer friend of mine who really liked them and Chicago. He would listen to them on earphones and learn things from their percussion. At the time, I was keyboard, guitar and bass. Joe was a great guy and we had a lot of good times jammin’

• amwick says:

Word! Easy to lose track…

• BigMamaTEA says:

who’s retired?!! I’m now a full-time, over-time actually, PATRIOT activist…and the pay sux!! (This was not my original plan for my retirement……and I planned out my retirement, so I was a young-retiree….and do what I wanted to do…..but I have a Republic to save, for my little grandchildren!!!!

• piper567 says:

just the best, Garrison.
      Thanks.

• Ray Runge says:

Thanks for posting. Watch a variation of this about twice a week. Old dog and old cat scratch and lick as a show of respect to 12 years at the same address. More than once the dog has nursed raccoon inflicted wounds that have drained one of Charcot the cat’s more than 9 lives.

Both are healthy this winter.

• olderwiser21 says:

Do any of you Treepers follow “Henry the Colorado Dog” on Instagram? His best friend his the cat, Balloo. Their pictures and travels together will make you smile. Never seen a sweeter pair – both rescue animals – such fun to watch.

• BigMamaTEA says:

What’s this Caturday you speak of Garrison……? (or are my days messed up and it’s really not friday?! It is possible)

9. andy says:

Magic numbers 1 / 11 / 2019
    Big day ahead.

10. czarowniczy says:

The government shutdown goes on and, despite the fears of the MSM, the sun still rises on schedule, the tides come and go and the US hasn’t degenerated into anarchy and cannibalism.

11. Lucille says:

This video could have been much longer, IMO, giving the individual guitarists more face time. But even at only 16 minutes, it’s so worth watching. Don’t feel left out if you’ve not heard of Rick Beato before…when I went searching for just who this guy is, I discovered any number of folk–both musicians and civilians–were doing the same thing…LOL!

THE GUITAR 1929-1969 | THE PLAYERS YOU NEED TO KNOW
    Published on Jul 1, 2018 by Rick Beato
    Vid note: In this episode I discuss the guitar players that every serious guitarist should know between 1929-1969. A comprehensive guide of styles covering Classical, Blues, Jazz, Country and Rock & Roll.

BTW, Beato is a producer, a musician, and an uber knowledgeable music professor mostly in advanced studies.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Ima freak. Okay, a guitar freak. Big 12-string guitar fan, and some amazing harp-guitars which can have any number of strings. Electrics, acoustics, love them all. I taught myself on my father’s nylon string Martin classical guitar.

The guitar I would really like to have: Martin’s D100 Deluxe. It is a commemorative guitar celebrating Martin’s 1 millionth guitar. It only costs $114,999. Maybe one of the most beautiful guitars ever built. The mother of pearl work is gorgeous.

Hmmm….I’ll start a gofund me account right away for all who want to donate! 😉

• BigMamaTEA says:

What……angellestaria…..you mean you don’t just have that kind of cash, like pocket change???? HA! “Collecting” seems like an expensive hobby!

12. czarowniczy says:

Local news did a piece on a local Federal service that payrolls some 800,000 Federal employees. The local station didn’t know this facility did that until *someone* called them but they got right on it and pulled a story.

They had three different figures on how many people the facility servioced at three different times in the piece and said the facility ‘paid’ the workers, When they said they facility ‘paid, the workers they cut to stock footage of computers printing paychecks. Makes me wonder exactly how closely they listened to the folks at the facility as all the facility does is to take the payroll data from the agencies, compile it and pass it to the Department of the Treasury, the only agency in the Federal government that is authorized to ‘pay’ employees.

Then again, we have the media and the Federal government, both of whom could break a flagpole with a rubber hammer, collaborating on a story so 50% correct for each is considered fully functional.

13. cheryl says:

Once you see it, you can’t unsee it. Look carefully at the picture
    How embarrassing for her.

• angellestaria6674 says:

My friend, I commend you for being so generous with the time frame. Just kidding.

I wouldn’t even give them ten years, especially if they manage to cheat their way to the White House through electronic voter fraud, illegals. dead people, multiple voters.

These people are evil and hell-bent. They will kill if they have to one day to seize power.

14. smiley says:

“passed-over”….for now…

Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib Passed Over By House Dems For Influential Committee Memberships

Jan 10, 2019

• olderwiser21 says:

Saw this – loved it….I doubt either of these two will be re-elected next go around. They are a flash in the pan. As they get more and more hysterical, people will wise up – hopefully!

• BigMamaTEA says:

And so it begins……this is the first way a Party starts to attempt to control a rowdy member…..committee assignments…….

15. Lucille says:

Muslim from USA, 16, captured while waging jihad with the Islamic State in Syria
    January 10, 2019 by Robert Spencer

16. smiley says:

anchor baby news…

Reports : Kamala Harris To Launch 2020 Presidential Run Around MLK Day

California Dem could put campaign headquarters in Baltimore…

Jan 10, 2019

so she’s #4 now ? likely contenders ?

MLK Day is Jan 21..

…and… her advisers “don’t want to link the senator too closely to <b<San Francisco , but they prefer the Bay Area to be the backdrop…”

” San Francisco is viewed as a very nutty place …”, says Dem strategist Darry Sragow.

• smiley says:

(sorry for the nutty typo)

• smiley says:

and, as “nutty”….smutty…as Harris is (depends on what the definition of “nutty” is), she’s the one to watch, imo.

• BigMamaTEA says:

It’s time to start notifying everyone…..that Kamala DeVille is NOT a Natural Born Citizen, as required by the Constitution to hold the office of the Presidency. Just because the evil ones thought they got away with it with Obie…..does not mean it will be allowed again!!

Kamala was born in the USA; BUT her parents were NOT U.S. Citizens at the time of her birth.

• BigMamaTEA says:

NuttyNan signed Obie’s “certification of eligibility” as Speaker back then (Leader of the Demonrat party)……she should’ve been brought on charges on that. Should NuttyNan win a 2nd term as Speaker again….this will be an issue again. THIS WILL BE CHALLENGED…the evil ones will not get away with this again! We will not allow it.

There are ways……

• wtd says:

Kamala Harris was born on October 20, 1964, in Oakland, California, to a Tamil mother and a Jamaican father.
      Since neither of Kamala Harris’ parents were ‘natural born’ or ‘native born’… and since Kamal was born in CA she is only “native born” but not qualified as “natural born” citizen. How is it she qualifies to run for POTUS?

• BigMamaTEA says:

She doesn’t. So, right now it’s just speculation/threats that she will run. We’ll see as it gets closer.

(One of the reasons no congress-critter in the House would touch this issue on Obie……is that right after a POTUS election, after the Electoral College in every State casts their vote…..one of the very first things a “new” Congress does when after their “swearing in” is……the new congress in the House .votes to certify the Electoral vote.

At the time of OBIE, there were some good guys…..who got buffaloed by their own lack of knowledge of the Constitution, and by Speaker Piglosi to ” vote to certify”….which essentially makes the congress-criminal liable to charges, on their first day.

17. Dora says:

Claude Monet – The Road in front of Saint-Simeon Farm in Winter, 1867

18. smiley says:

A Wet Road By Moonlight

oil on cardboard (wow)

1871

John Atkinson Grimshaw ~ UK, Leeds (1836-1893) ~ Romanticism, Impressionism~ Landscapes

he was one of the most renowned painters of the Victorian era, particularly for his nightscapes…

…of which James M. Whistler was one of his biggest fans.

more, here…

🙂

if you’ve ever tried painting with oils on a piece of cardboard, you’ll understand why I said wow .

19. Dora says:

And the year just started!

20. smiley says:

TGIF

😀

21. Dora says:

This is pathetic. A country can’t survive with these numbers.

22. Dora says:

A good theme song for the migrants. 🙂

23. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”
    Exodus 20:12 (KJV)

24. Crossing a border without permission is like breaking in the back door of a house to help yourself to goodies instead of being invited in by the host through the front door. You might get to eat either way, in the same house and from the same cupboard, but in one case you would be doing something that will land you in jail, in the other upholding the rule of law and civility.

The Scriptures make it clear that national sovereignty, including clearly defined borders, is God’s idea. In Acts 17:26, we read, “And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“The Scriptures make it clear that national sovereignty, including clearly defined borders, is God’s idea.”

Genesis 11:1 ¶ And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
      2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
      3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
      4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 ¶ And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
      6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
      7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
      8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
      9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

25. amwick says:

It’s Friday,,, at the risk of being trite,

26. The Americans with Disabilities Act, a well-intentioned but poorly conceived—and horribly drafted—law that continues to generate unintended consequences decades following its passage in 1990.

Another gift that keeps on giving from the Bush KIan.

• Read about the lawsuit; it is infuriating. And if the plaintiff wins, it has widespread consequences for the internet and everyone who interfaces with the internet.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“horribly drafted—law that continues to generate unintended consequences decades following its passage in 1990.”

Trend of Class Action Lawsuits Alleging Company Websites Discriminate Against Disabled Individuals Expected to Continue in 2019

“Business owners beware: 2019 promises an increased number of Federal class action lawsuits alleging that company websites and point-of-sale terminals (“POS”) violate Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). A business owner can end up paying substantial monetary damages and attorneys’ fees, in addition to the expense of redesigning and modifying their business platform to accommodate the plaintiffs.

Title III of the ADA requires businesses to remove obstacles that interfere with the ability of disabled persons to access their products or services. These class action lawsuits target businesses that have not provided accessible websites and POS terminals. The claims typically have been brought by groups of visually impaired consumers alleging that the business failed to allow for internet access which accommodates their disability…..”

27. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

28. Dora says:

Mecca’s Grand Mosque plagued by swarm of locusts

Authorities dispatch cleaning crews to eradicate insects for the ‘safety and comfort of guests of God’s house’

29. Mandy says:

If you watch “Suspicious Observers” channel on youtube, then you already know about the pole reversal. Seeing it hit the mainstream news today is kinda weird since they usually completely ignore this stuff, lol. Link to the MSM story:

Link to today’s SO report:

30. Bendix says:

Any of you Treepers who are aficionados of reading fiction, as I am, may be familiar with the work of Jonathan Kellerman.

He’s one of the authors I’ve read many books by, in his Alex Delaware crime/mystery series.
    As with many books in that genre, I read his not for the ‘whodunnit’ part, but for the glimpses in to the culture he sets his novels in.

Mr. Kellerman, or should I call him Dr., is also a mental health professional, a trained psychologist.

The reason I’m bringing him up, is the bleak and horrifying picture he paints of the state of mental health care in SoCal today.
    There couldn’t really be someone more qualified than he to comment on it.
    I was just thinking that if our president were to give someone in his administration the assignment of assessing the state of this branch of medicine/social policy, this distinguished writer might be a good person for the administration to consult.

“Awareness” is such a big thing today, yet we have the entire political establishment pretending not to know a thing about this issue.
    Well, when there is yet another shooting by someone well known to the authorities, who should never have been out on the street, you will hear a Republican or two making noises about better care for the mentally ill, but then they put that away until the next time.
    The Democrats pass a bill or two, and call it done, with no clue at all that they haven’t made one bit of difference, but in fact things get worse.

If this president at this time doesn’t at least start the ball rolling on this, it is going to get worse. We’ve gone backwards on the way we treat people with certain illnesses.
    This is a national tragedy, and a national disgrace.

31. czarowniczy says:

An untalked about aspect of the government shutdown is: ‘what’s going to happen when the shutdown ends?’.Having been a Fed employee during shutdowns in the past and an agency nailed by Katrina (my office tpp 4 feet of water) I’m going to say that we’ll all pay for it.

One of the main rules for a bureaucrat is to never let a good crisis go to waste while another is to monetize anything you can. I’m predicting, based on past experience, that the supervisors and bureaucrats who can will immediately start working this mess into an ocean of overtime. I could write the justifications in my sleep and if they interact with other areas such as IT (‘OMG, there were so many updates, tweaks and other work we had to do with the mainframe, OS and workstations and we have to do some test runs to make sure the system’s operating correctly before we bring it on line…’ I still got it) they can run the recovery into hundreds of hours of OT easily.

In Katrina we had a recovery plan, one that was tested and revised regularly (with a lot of overtime) that fell apart like tissue paper. Operations were…sort of…continued by tossing huge amounts of money at the poor planning and the bureaucrats/supervisors made out
    like bandits for months, expect that to occur on a grander scale here.

32. Daniel says:

A new (to me) drop in the bucket of anti-conservative bias and deplatforming, I just found after my company recently switched to a different service for web filtering, “The Gateway Pundit” is now blocked for “Hate Speech.”

The filter is called “WebTitan” and I don’t know which filter is selected. I think it’s amusing that as much as they complain about being filtered and all of that, they filter speech on their own platform in far worse and more draconian ways. The Young Conservatives site went away for some time long ago and it happened not long after a new writer came on board. That same writer appeared on TGP and I was banned and ALL of my comments deleted the moment she noticed me there. She’s a pretty hateful person. So maybe that’s why? (probably not, but the irony is very clear and present)

So anyone who can access TGP should probably reach out to them about their web filtering problem and their classification as hate speech.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I will Daniel. I’m good friends with Jim Hoft who owns the site. Thanks. (In fact, Jim is keeping up with censorship of conservative sites and has testified twice to congress about this censorship.

In fact…..did so before I hit post on this comment. SO…consider it done.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Daniel…..Just wanted to let you know….by this morning, I received a most gracious email back from Him Hoft at Gateway, thank not only you, but me for contacting him.

Jim said that this was the 4th time this week he’d been notified of a censoring/filtering issues on his site. Said those reaching out, are helping them to figure out the problem.

Thanks again Daniel for commenting about your problem. (No matter what GP’s problem turns out to be…..WE must ALL stick together. If it’s “outside” influence….this is WAR)

33. Frankie’s Flashback Friday…

34. Sepp says:

Hopefully, this video will appear.

It features 6 minutes of very festive Byzantine Nativity songs / Christmas carols from the 12th through 14th centuries.

These are not hymns because the genuinely traditional practice of the Orthodox Christian Church has been to prohibit musical instruments in the Divine Services.

35. wtd says:

Bonkers…the world has gone utterly bonkers!… of all the topics needing awareness…India chose:
    VIDEO: Five hundred people at a medical conference in India set a world record after they laid out 10,105 sanitary pads to promote awareness of women’s hygiene

• Cisco says:

Maybe that should be demonstrated here in America.
      From The Crawdadhole.
      A bizarre new religious cult exclusively for women emerged in 2018. Known as “Vagans,” members of this cult believe that the vagina is the source of all power in the universe but that men used their penises to steal that power and enslave women. They assert that only by abstaining from “PIV” sex (penis-in-vagina) can women regain their goddess powers.

Vagans are required to wear red robes and white bonnets when appearing in public. Among their more unusual religious practices are free bleeding, mandatory abortion, and the use of bondage and discipline (B&D) during sex. In the latter, members tie-up and spank each other to remind themselves how they were once subjugated by men. Although this reporter was not allowed to witness any of this practice he is informed that these ceremonies are quite erotic.

Free bleeding is the term for the refusal to use tampons or hygienic pads during menstruation. At least once during their lives, Vagans are expected to get pregnant (thru artificial insemination) so that they can experience the joy of abortion.
      🙄😳🙄

36. Dora says:

The storm is supposed to arrive on Long Island tomorrow evening. It might continue snowing through most of Sunday.

37. Dora says:

38. Janie M. says:

Great article from Farmers’ Almanac about the upcoming lunar eclipse on the 20-21st of this month and it includes a time zone chart for optimum viewing.

Wolf Moon Lunar Eclipse: Everything You Need To Know
    by Joe Rao | Friday, January 4th, 2019

[snip]
    On Sunday night, into Monday morning, January 20-21, 2019, a spectacular total lunar eclipse will occur over the Americas, Europe, western Africa and northernmost parts of Russia; a potential viewing audience of nearly 3 billion people. Weather permitting, totality will be particularly dramatic from North America, where January’s full Wolf Moon will glow an eerie coppery hue high in the dark and crisp winter sky.

39. amwick says:

THere was buzz in the twitterverse about the gofundme donatons to the wall.. Seems to have hit an obstacle and the donations will be returned. Hmmmmm Sorry if that happens..

40. duchess01 says:

Directions:

Just click on the photo anywhere and it will become 2014.

Click again and it will go back to 1944.

Scroll down for next photo.

41. duchess01 says:

I LOVE Border Collies – Love my Maddie!

Amazing Cowboy routine in Freestyle Heelwork to Music | Crufts 2018

42. Mandy says:

A VERY IMPORTANT segment of the Christmas Interview of Patriarch Kirill. I encourage all to read the Patriarch’s words!