January 5th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #716

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,021 Responses to January 5th – 2019 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #716

1. citizen817 says:

• And they will present their carousel of bills, excited and delirious at the prospect of success, only to be stifled in the senate and vetoed by The President. They are on a highway to hell. 2020 will be Nirvana for Conservatives provided the 15 RINO’s can be neutered

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

• angellestaria6674 says:

It was interesting watching a montage of clips from MSM talking heads today having to clearly admit the amazement of these numbers. I can’t believe some of them actually admitted these numbers were great. I actually heard a couple of wows! Considering the number was about 136,000 higher than December’s earlier projection of 176,000, that is about 77% higher than the original projection. I would call that a winning number.

But hey, don’t give them too much credit, because as dumb as they are, they are still smart enough to realize that if you trash numbers as significant as what just came out, you will overtly look like the obnoxious fool of fools in front of a lot of people who can do simple math. They were actually forced to say some nice things about the day’s job reports!

• MelH says:

I can almost hear Romney ‘s teeth-gnashing when he hears those numbers. I wonder if he realizes what a cuck he looks like, and more every day since his WaPo op ed.

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. citizen817 says:

Trump said he could keep the shutdown going for years, if needed, and turned down Pelosi’s sneak attempt to pass specific bills to keep specific parts of the government open.

Trump said it is all or nothing before dropping the hammer – Trump informed them he could simply declare a national emergency and get the wall funded that way.

• JohnCarlson says:

It is, of course, a National Emergency, and DOD is suppose stand for Department of Defense (of America), not stand for Department of Iraq and Syria and Afghanistan, or it would be DISA, bot DOD.

• TMonroe says:

One young niece just got diagnosed with strep, one with scarlet fever. The need for quarantine meets the national emergency threshold, and has centuries of precedent.

• cthulhu says:

You have no idea how furious I am that the last major Ebola outbreak included infections that took place on US soil. Thomas Eric Duncan infected Nina Pham and Amber Joy Vinson, nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, in 2014 before he died.

The protocols for infectious disease are older than the United States. Quarantine is, essentially, a term from 17th century Italian regarding the Black Death, meaning “forty days”. This is not rocket science. As far as I am concerned, the head of the CDC — Tom Frieden — should have received a field penalty for stupidity equal or greater than Mr. Duncan’s.

This level of negligence goes well beyond statute or Constitution — violating the centuries-old rules for quarantine is a question of species survival. It is a miracle that things did not turn out worse than they did. And, here we are in 2019, facing another Ebola outbreak — which may already have a victim in Sweden…..

We have to stop playing patty-cake with this. There are no “rights” or “privileges” with viruses that kill, and to divert our attention in such regard may result in mass deaths. We need to be rapid, efficient, and effective, lest our ghosts be left to argue about what might have been.

• … or DISIS Department of Iraq, Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia

• angellestaria6674 says:

Kind of like Howie Mandell’s old program, Deal or No Deal.

Trump knows that whatever deal Nancy & Corrupt Co offer right now is a snake in the grass with a copperhead’s bite.

He is saying, NO DEAL! He’s not going to throw us all under the bus on this one.

• prettyplease says:

Doesn’t Pelosi look like the female version of Emperor Palatine? she just needs a black robe with a hood. Oh, yeah! It’s at the cleaners.

• Michael Todaro says:

The “Hideous House” is a freak show, a menagerie including, among others, such beastly genetic mutations as Al Green, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, Elijah Cummings, Ocasio-Cortez, the Palestinians, Adam Schiff, Gerry Nadler… and so many more. To call them a clown car does a serious disservice to clowns. They are a 19th century freak show. People would 10 cents to see them and then suffer nightmares forever. MAGA/KAG !

• prettyplease says:

I hold out no hope of character reform from the old gaffers.They’re like the Night of the Living Dead. May they shuffle off this mortal coil tout suite. O-C may be salvageable if the creatures with which she now dwells don’t suck her brains out.

• angellestaria6674 says:

The New Testament teaches that God sometimes turns wicked people over to a delusion and a reprobate mind. Romans 1

They so harden their minds and hearts against the truth and scoff at godly rebuke, spiritual correction and reproof…which is God’s mercy…so many times, He utterly gives over to their own debased minds and hearts of wickedness.

I am afraid we have some of (more than a few) those souls in places of great national power and government. All 3 Branches.

It is God’s call only, not ours.

But having said that, He gives His people wisdom and discerning to separate the holy from the profane, light from darkness, life from death, good from evil.

He can and does sometimes let us actually know who some of these lost, reprobate souls are, because we need to recognize that such people hate us and would kill us without mercy in one second if they could.

Well, mostly they can’t kill and destroy us personally-physically, but through wicked government, they can kill our freedom, liberty and justice, strip away our protections like Amendment 1 and 2….you see where I am going.

So yes, God can and does warn us about the wolves waiting to devour us and the snakes crawling around out feet to bite us.

Goodnight Treepers. It’s been a great day of comraderie here at the Treehouse.

AS

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah, a good clown makes you laugh.

Not these “clowns.”

They are a nightmare of national destruction.

• Lucille says:

This woman doesn’t even make sense…

“After taking the speaker’s gavel Thursday, Pelosi declared: ‘We’re not doing a wall. It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a wall is an immorality between countries. It’s an old way of thinking. It isn’t cost effective’.”
      Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2019/01/trump-i-might-declare-emergency-to-build-wall/#Uzzkxpfesg4OcwCb.99

• angellestaria6674 says:

She is one of those of the secular world’s morality of up is down, black is white, and truth is trampled in the streets and the lie is glorified.

Her law of morality is demonic, upside down, twisted and mentally warped.

To her, protecting the nation, doing something that there are no more Karen Steinles, Ron Singhs, etc, etc, ad nauseum…is immoral. And to think that somebody this politically and mentally sick warped and bitterly twisted is now Speaker of the House.

As the French would say, Merci! Merci!

• prettyplease says:

You had me at demonic. A reprobate mind does exactly what you described.

• angellestaria6674 says:

For those who are Christians and fairly understand New Testament scriptures, especially Paul’s writings: Ephesians 6:12:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

We understand, that truly, although we have to fight people like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, HRC, BHO…it is not them that is the larger threat, but those powers and principalities of the air, many of which are demons, who drive and control these people. If you look at it in that light, then you begin to understand why their reasoning is actually insanity and makes no sense. These people are completely controlled by those unseen hellish authorities.

I sent an email to Sundance some time back, One of the things I said to him, was that I do understand the big picture of things he is presenting here, but I also said that there is a much larger picture, and that is, the picture of satanic and demonic warfare that is driving all these wicked people, governments, etc. Once you realize that, then it begins to change your whole perspective and outlook on the lower things here on Earth that we fight against and are being assailed by.

Think about the head and eye lapses, head jerks, confusion, stuttering of HRC in the 2016 campaign…just sayin’

Peace

• prettyplease says:

Exactly. Who/whatever is driving Pelosi and HRC only have learners licenses.

I’ve seen demonic manifestations up close and personal. Creepy.
              I appreciate your courage in bringing this up. Most of what is discussed is the political aspect, but as you say, there needs to be a spiritual dimensional perspective or we are missing out on an important part of the battle.

Is it just me, but, it does seem that in some fashion this is becoming a women’s war. When the women have control/power and things go badly, society and morals have really gone down hill. Here we have Merkel, May, Pelosi, Waters, trash mouth from MI, to name a few. Pelosi’s behavior with the dancing and rejoicing was over the top and reminded me of the harlot reveling on the back of the beast, drunk with the blood of the saints. I suspect that the bravado could be bc of promises made to them by the demonic beings they serve. Otherwise, victory does not exist in the natural.

Back in 2017 right after Trump’s inauguration, when the women marched with their lewd behavior and blasphemies, I thought, There go the daughters of Jezebel worshiping at the altar of Lilith.” It was chilling to see the manifest evil and hatred. I turn the sound off. I don’t want their yuck filtering into my house. Pelosi, Et al, is more of that ilk, and don’t get me started on celebrities.

Good night and God bless.

• angellestaria6674 says:

You have a very discerning mouthful here.

I am falling into bed, but tomorrow evening, look for another reply from me to this messages.

We are on the same page, believe me.

Blessings and peace.

• Back when I was new to the Internet I ran across a site that made the case for abortion being linked to witchcraft & the dscrifice of their children was akin to the biblical passing of children “through the flame”. It’s like many sacrifice their offspring to the same false gods (

Ur right.

Molech’s demon
                  spirit is alive
                  and well.

Peace

• cont…oops…(demons) that the ancients worshiped for the same reasons, primarily money & sex. The blood of these innocents continues to cry out!!! These same demonic principalities & powers continue to hold sway & deceive so many in this world…We are truly in a spiritual battle & we know Who has ultimately won the war! Thanks be to God who has gotten us the victory!!!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Sorry to take so long to get back to this subject and the concerns, very good ones I might add, that you brought up in your comment.

Among the many dark realms of society, the planet, wicked people, nations, government and whatever that and who I have encountered in my earthen journey, it has included first hand witness of great and powerful, supernatural demonic activity.

It is real, very real. I have had my own fight with it. I can tell you, if one is not exactly right and living in God’s perfect will, one has no power at all against Satan and demons. They are far more powerful than all of mortality put together. Look what happened to the 7 sons of Sceva who tried to exorcise demons.

But Christ in us….like Paul taught about the great mystery, Christ in you…changes the power equation. I could go on and on about some spiritual experiences I have had over the last 36 years, good and bad. Some great and awesome. Some terrifying and dreadful. I always believed in the reality of that world since a small child, but having had some of these experiences as I grew older, that cemented an absolute belief in the realty of that unseen world, which some times, God will touch a person here and there and let them physically see that world with their mortal eyes. Look how, at Elijah’s calling on the Lord, the Spirit of God opened up Gehaze’s eyes to see the heavenly forces/angels who were all around them. II Kings 6:17. And it is amazing to me that Gehaze lied to Elijah after seeing so great a manifestation of God. He was so bound in desire for gain, that he forsook this great mercy, lied and then was struck with leprosy.

You bring up a good point about the woman thing. And don’t forget Kamala Harris too! There is a radical, militant women gathering and building army of demonically led and force-fed recipients who are willing to be so because the devil’s deception, lie and empty promise and narrative suits their agenda….all the while they don’t know the powers of Hell are leading them as silly, little vassals of Hell’s guillotine slated for the destruction of their souls and eternal damnation.

I am not the judge, but I don’t hold my breath for any change in A..O-C
                She is making herself one of the up and coming new mouths of the Lenin and Marx propaganda doctrine which is a corrupt, murderous, societal and nation-killing wisdom, that earthy, sensual wisdom from below that you read about in the book of James.

Yeah, as riding on the back of the beast and the daughters of Jezebel, yes, women who are of the very spirit of that Jezebel who gathered false witnesses against Naboth and then had him killed for his vineyard for Ahab. Do we not see that exact pattern happening with the liberal progs, especially those like the women you mention? What they are pushing as lies against Trump, hoping to strip him and his family of everything? Well, you gotta throw in Adam Schiff, Nadler, Cummings as sons of Ahab as well.

Your comment said a lot to me about just how much you are paying attention. And good for you for turning off the sound in your house.

Shocker coming to all who read my comments:

I have not owned or had a TV in my house since 1994. And I love not having the noise of it. I can pick and choose my news, weather and other online at will and shut the rest out. The peace in my house without a TV is awesome and blessed. If I am going to listen to anything, it will be the music I love.

Anyway, be blessed, stay strong, diligent and may God bless you and yours with health, safety and His great love!

A

• Patrick healy says:

Yes I understand perfectly Angell….
              Over on this side of the pond, in my country of birth (which during the dark ages was known as the island of Saints and Scholars) they have a half Hindu prime minister. The minister in charge of children’s issues is an open witch.
              They recently became the first country in the world to vote to kill the unborn – and held street parties to “celebrate” regalising abortion.
              This whole referendum was paid for by ‘your’ resident Satanist Soros.
              Those behind the UN sponsored global warming scam are largely supporters of the one world government plan.
              The members of the Bilderberg group are largely anti Christian.
              ‘My’ pope is an obvious Marxist (Karl) not the evangilist.
              The so called leaders of the New world order ( Merkel, May, Macron) are childless.
              So the only hope for Christian civilisation is your wonderful president and the New Brazilian plus Poland and the recently freed ex communist European countries.
              So yes I too (note the spelling!) firmly believe that Auld Nick is roaming the world and has found willing recruits in governments, not just in D.C..
              God bless you and all on here and keep fighting.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Gosh, couldn’t have said it better.

I thank God for people like you and many others here at the CTH who can perceive and discern the evil thing of the whole devilish intent and magnified lie and propaganda being vomited up by deluded, reprobate mentality.

Patrick…

Stay your course on the path of truth!

Shalom and be blessed!

• BetsyRossRocked says:

That’s why I love the prayer Grandma starts us early birds off with
                because I truly believe President Trump was sent to the White House by
                a Higher Power than us wonderful deplorables .
                The Prayer to Saint Michael is a very important prayer for our time.

• Jenny R. says:

Notice the pattern: every time Nanny-nan has ever gotten into trouble politically she’s taken to playing “good Catholic”, which is her greatest hypocrisy imhao…the one that actually will get her a position in the depths of Hell.
          So….she’s in trouble with the wall: she hasn’t found a way to get it done, and maybe, possibly she can’t get it done (or un-done as the case may be).

• angellestaria6674 says:

O! You r soooo right. If there is one thing I believe God hates above all, it is the using of religion and His Name to promote evil, lies and deception.

You R! Paying attention.

Thank u 4 that!

Peace and blessings.

• Michael Todaro says:

The house is the 21st century “Tower of Babel”. Diversity has run amok.

• Bullseye says:

There already is fencing on the border I never hear Pelosi say its immoral. So is it the size of the fence that makes it immoral ? the width? No, it becomes immoral to Pelosi when it becomes effective.

• peace says:

This is a woman who pretends to be a Catholic while at the same time participating in support of the baby murdering business commonly known as planned parenthood. Pelosi’s moral compass went south many years ago and over time she grew into an evil, old and demented person.

• amwick says:

We all know that VSGPotus cannot use one inch of Executive Authority without being waylayed by political courts. This has to end. To me the judicial branch has lost its credibility… pretty much.

8. citizen817 says:

• dufrst says:

Poorly written and not edited.

• GB Bari says:

While I give author Todd Wood an A+ on his theme, I give him only a B- on execution since there is a ton of information he could have covered to not only support his very valid opinion but that would make it irrefutable.

PS – I wonder if he was given limited column space for his op-ed?

9. dauntlessguy says:

Sandy the socialist could have learned a lot from this old cartoon. Should be required for every congress member to watch before their swearing in.

• owtolunch says:

She could not ever learn anything different from what she has been indoctrinated in.. Marxist ideology. See this interview with former KGB Yuri Bezmenov done in 2012 about the KGB efforts to infiltrate the US educational system. You will clearly recognize exactly what he says, as it has played out. He gives very stern warnings… The US ws the last safe place to defect to and it is now in dep trouble.

10. Robert Smith says:

Of course Tlaib didn’t apologize, but she did waddle away quickly when pressed by reporters.

• prettyplease says:

Run, rabbit, run! This is only the beginning, the hounds from hell are after you.
      I don’t think she can’t handle the negative feedback that her big mouth has generated. People don’t forget.

• NUTHA-VYOO says:

Could not respond to you above . No Reply option.
        Regarding polio, I correct myself:
        “Until recentLY, parents decided NOT to immunize their offspring.”
        Implying that polio has resurfaced.
        Amazing what a comma and a suffix can do!
        Happy New Year!

• Michael Todaro says:

“waddle” indeed.

11. Rodney Short says:

Sure do miss grandma being the first comment.

• Dutchman says:

Me, 2!

• angellestaria6674 says:

I was just getting ready to post a new comment about that. Miss that beginning prayer and her sweet spirit. Hope she’s not sick or has the flu or something.

Me, 3!

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Me, 4 !
        Reread yesterdays prayer , hope you’re okay Grandma !
        Praying !

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah, which means we didn’t get to read your regular following post…Praying. Missed that too!

Blessings

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Thank you , I really enjoy Grandmas early morning prayers !
            She puts a lot of thought AND heart into each one !
            God Bless her !
            I’m worried about her !

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Me 5,
          Grandma is an institution and inspiration to us Treepers.

I have come from glancing at her posts, to reading and internalizing her daily prayers. She reminds us that there is God, and other actions, aside from violence.

I also note that I read the Daily Thread, including the Lord’s Prayer, almost everyday now, where I used to skim it occasionally.

Prayer, in the face of evil, is important for reminding us of our responses and responsibilities.

It is also so very important to say thanks for our many blessings bestowed to us, my trained first thoughts upon waking each day.

Grandma reminds us of these Devine and spiritual connections to our everyday lives, reinforcing their value.

May she be blessed and kept safe.

• Rodney Short says:

Prayers for all Treepers

• amwick says:

A heartfelt prayer is nice, but I like to see citizen817 sharing our President’s tweets too…
      hmmmmmmmmmmm

• BetsyRossRocked says:

Yes , I give credit to the people who share tweets and links ,
        they do the work so the rest of us can come to the Treehouse and have a
        complete picture of what’s going on with our wonderful President and
        most of them do it everyday without fail , like citizen and Grandma !

Where’s Grandma ?
        Praying for her !

• Rodney Short says:

Indeed,I love citizen817 post on every thing going on that matters.
        Grandmas prayers are a uplifting thing for me personally as right now I have more on my plate than I can handle,God will see me thru,grandmas prayers confirm this.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Well, some treepers, including myself will have to get busy and pray for the Lord to give you strength greater than your burdens. He will do it, brother!

• Rodney Short says:

Thank you very much,I got some dust in my eye,man tear dust

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hey, I know just how that is around here. CTH is truly family. It may be online, but it is real, genuine family for sure. Bless you brother and hang in their tough. Hold on to the horns of the Altar and the Hem of Christ’s garment.

• angellestaria6674 says:

I just got up out of my chair from this laptop and paced back and forth in my living room imploring the Lord to help you, to do something for you that will cause you to know, He is working in your behalf and knows your troubles even more than you know them.

I was moved enough to know, He heard my prayer. And there are other people who will be diligently praying for you, interceding in the Name of the Lord in your behalf.

Love in Christ, your servant, AS

12. Tparty says:

The Globalist plan of using fake news media to divide and conquer the people of the world will fail.. The attempted soviet style ‘normalization’ by Macron will be their undoing. The stage is set …

Tparty
    #Constitution2020

13. littlequilterkitty says:

I don’t know if this topic is allowed under this thread, but here goes:

Approximately every 2 to 3 weeks, I’m automatically unsubscribed or my status changed to unfollow without my permission from the CTH. My only contact with this site is through my Android phone using my phone data, not through a router. Does anyone else have this problem???? TIA for any information.

14. JohnCarlson says:

15. Bull Durham says:

It is very clear that the Dems and Mueller are going to come with indictments to destroy DJT.
    They will try to force a resignation.

2019 is going to be a nightmare.

All the techniques of a Color Revolution are in play against MAGA and ’45’.

The NeverTrump RINOS and Globalists are already massed against MAGA and ’45’. They will work with the Dems and Mueller in the MSM to divided the country into smaller groups than half vs half.

This will push MAGA people toward a civil war.

• Avi says:

I guess that all the folks who for 18 months who posted “Trust Sessions, trust the plan,Trumps got it, Huber has 60k sealed indictments, 64-chess, yada yada” were either complete buffoonish useful idiots or complete reprehensible Judas goat trolls. and when you questioned their logic , they’d rip you a new one.
      when Trump tweeted about Sessions duplicity, he wanted us to rally to support him. and not to say “all is well Trust the plan”
      we are in for a mega bumpy ride, I just hope Donald and the nation as we know it survives.
      and i still hope that nazis like Herr Müller und Veißmannn hang in Nuremberg where they can meet their uncles.

• Risa says:

I hope you are wrong. However, I believe should your scenario play out President Trump will not give in and resign without an epic battle.

Have you seen the crowds who showed up for rallies during the campaigns in 2016 and 2018? Imagine these people taking to the streets to support PDJT. D.C.’s worst nightmare. Nothing worse than p.o.’d Deplorables because we know he is our last, best chance to salvage this country.

• Dutchman says:

Risa;
        WE are the ones who will not give in!
        I would LIKE to think the Unipart won’t be that stupid, however, in reviewing the recent track record of Uniparty vs. Trump leads me to the conclusion they might well be JUST that stupid.

In fact, believing they aren’t stupid enough to try to impeach, is like believing in stealth jeff;

Fool me once,….

The people of France have resisted Globalisation for years. They trashed the first McD’s in Paris, IIRC, years ago.
        But, like a straw camels back, movements ignite over one issue, but all the cold anger stored up for years, ignites.

It happens when a group of people feel that their lives, livlihoods, way of life and culture are under attack, and less assertive means of redress of grievances are not possible.

IF they go there,…we are gonna need more rope!

• Arthur says:

The French were not resisting “globalisation” but the “American & anglo capitalist culture.”

There was no need to trash McDonald’s either. Too much effort. All they had to do is move the pencil on the ballot box on the “Le Pen” square. Didn’t even do that.
          The brainwashed lemmings vote the same open-borders globalists and commies again and again.

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

With you Dutch.

If the globalists parlay their illegality and unconstitutional prior activity into impeachment or a renewed Coup, the institutions that are foundational to our republic will require immediate defense.

The rope would be used last in that scenario.

World wide, the Marxist forces are being exposed and rejected. Hungary, Poland, France, Brazil, etc are embracing sovereignty, autonomy, and Freedom as the antidote to control and oppression by the Left.

America is firmly joined in this counter revolution as President Trump and many allies are leading our nation back to what made us a great people on this earth.

Should more direct and immediate action be required to vanquish the globalist enemy, no doubt many millions would step forward to serve the republic and the vision of our forefathers.

A peaceful recognition of patriot responsibility by the other side would be in their immediate self interest, and I’m sure many here feel the same way.

• tappin52 says:

One possible outcome of the tenacity of the yellow vest movement might be that some of the third world importers who have trashed the streets of Paris might just get an inkling that their takeover is not going to be so easy. Maybe some will decide to move on. I can dream, can’t I?

• paper doll says:

They will certainly try to get PT to resign….make him save them the work of impeaching him. F. ‘ em…..however what Barr will do, or not do worries me. He’s a Bush creature afterall

• Doctor Fate says:

Trump will never resign or be impeached by any house of nut cases. Anyone who would believe this has invented a new level of cynicism.
        How anyone can watch one of his skirmishes with the media, such as the one yesterday, and believe that this MAN will kowtow or be intimidated by the ankle biting misfits in Congress is beyond me.

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Well, Doc, the House of Representatives is now firmly in the control of the Marxists and we know their end goal and playbook.

The Senate would appear unlikely to favor conviction, I doubt very much even Clyde Suck Fingers like Romney and Rubio would go for that. That leaves the enemy well short of the 67 votes they would need.

If the House spends the next 21 months on investigation and impeachment, that portends great events in November of 2020 for our deplorable side.

I say, by all means House members, please sally forth.
          While you’re at it, make sure to get your ANTIFA, BLM, and Occupy forces out on the streets. Remember to bring your gasoline, tires, chains bike locks, and Molotov cocktails with you.

Please do it.

2020 can’t come soon enough.

• paulraven1 says:

Don’t be too quick to say Romney or Rubio won’t vote for impeachment. The House almost certainly will. But Romney and Rubio and other RINO senators would need more credible cover than the House needs, something for instance in the form of a charge by Mueller. But don’t mistake this fact — the RINO senators would like to be rid of Trump.

• Jenny R. says:

“the RINO senators would like to be rid of Trump.”

Yes, but they’d also like to keep their own dirty little secrets undercover (and unpunished), and there are many of those (no, not everything has come to light on them) and those secrets connect to other people that are powerful who want them kept quiet. In the end, I’m not sure they’d want to go down that path — and if they do? Well, discovery is a b****.

• Jeff says:

And many of them, including the Turtle, are up for re-election in 2020. They may be crooked, but they’re not politically ignorant. They know very well an impeachment vote would end their careers.

• Co says:

Sugar it is interesting that BLM, ANTIFA and Occupy have all had there leashes reattached and are quite these days.

• Kia1 says:

Well said. I agree totally with your assessment.

• paper doll says:

I agree. However it saves Dems work if they try to get him to do the work for them and resign. I don’t believe they even know how to do it themselves, so that route will be tried. Mittens lobbed the opening salvo

• amwick says:

Ok,,, when team Mueller strikes I believe our President will be fully prepared, and have an appropriate response. It is that simple.

• Jenny R. says:

Well, it certainly will be interesting to see those indictments.
      Discovery is a b*****.
      And with that in mind, I’m not quite ready for the gloom and doom scenario.
      I also believe that they can try to get the President to resign, but trying and accomplishing are two very different things. This president appears to not be the resigning type.

• For Eyes says:

Bull Durham:

Yes, it is clear they will CONTINUE to try to impeach or otherwise push Trump out.

The fact is, they may succeed, not because he is guilty of anything other than not being either Dem or GOPe, but for the simple reason Dems and GOPe are willing to vote to do it even with no true evidence of any High Crime and Misdemeanor. They have no shame, ethics, or morals about this.

But take heart on something else.

We the supporters of Trump support more than the man. We support what he stands for and aims to do.

IF Trump falls from power, our resolve is unchanged. While he is the best thing to come down the pike since Reagan, and we had to wait several decades after Reagan to get a Trump, the truth is we will support the next best successor to Trump willing to enter the fray. And if the successor falls, we will support the next best behind him too.

What the Dems don’t get, is that for us this is about more than support for the man.

16. Green Gas says:

Breaking : First openly bisexual senator sworn in on a copy of hustler magazine held by VP Pence . A very gracious senator holding back tears of thanks ,thanked Ron Jeremy, stormy Daniel ,and long dong silver for inspiration, she then said “impeach the motherfocker Trump” . After sniffing off a bottle of Locker Room Liquid Aroma poppers she went on to say that mis gendering someone will soon be a felony after what happened to her besty at the game stop , he’s a ma’am she screamed kicking over a Presidential display.

• Avi says:

was that senator enema ?

• Risa says:

Source?

• angellestaria6674 says:

With all this kind of breaking going on, it won’t be too long before some other things start breaking, and the liberal, socialist, Marxist progs are NOT! gonna like it.

Sundance wrote an article sometime back that talked about cold anger. I know what that anger is. One thing it is not, is impulsive, unrestrained chaotic, wild anarchy. No, it is calculated, patiently waited for, than acted upon with wisdom and hopefully the blessing of God.

Even Jesus, before He ascended to Heaven:

“He said therefore to them, But now he that has a purse let him take it, in like manner also a scrip, and he that has none let him sell his garment and buy a sword;…”

Why? Because He wanted them to be able to defend themselves and not be uselessly killed before the ministry and place in life was fulfilled.

This flies in the face of all that stuff so many religious people say about turning your other cheek about everything. No. We are not to simply lay down and become fodder for every evil steamroller to roll over us and squash our life and breath out.

But we must act skillfully and wisely.

Peace

• Dutchman says:

Angelstar,
        Beautiful post,…thank you for that!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Your welcome. Always glad to contribute, especially here on this site which has of late become my fav resting home site and comfort station. I don’t comment anywhere else at all. This family here is absolutely the best online family love, care, support, courtesy, all that. And ad Rem is good at keeping the few trolls at bay.

I used to comment on American Thinker, but the trolls really get in there. But I love Thomas Lifson of AT and kept regularly in touch with him for a couple of years. He publishes some great opinion pieces. And I actually used to write for RedState in their better days before their train left the right track. Oh well, hey?

Btw, Dutch

I’m chuckling as I write this, but I get the idea that some great commenting Treepers here think I am female. Won’t be the first time. LOL I’ve had a good time with.

Seriously, because of the lle, some assume that is female. Angelle is a pen name under which I have written for many years. It can be used both as a male or female name.

However, I’m a hardened old male soldier…still have a lot of tenacious fight in me left.

Just in case you didn’t know. LOL

Peace, bro!

• angellestaria6674 says:

Hey Dutch, I am posting a link to 2 American Thinker articles that cover the sword and protection thing. I though you’d might like to read them. Have a great weekend, brother!

Gotta look for the second one and will get it posted in a few minutes.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Couldn’t find the other one, but I bet you and all the “faithful deplorables” here at the CTH would love to read the one I am giving you the link to here in this post. Especially pay attention to the author’s last 4 paragraphs. And when you finish reading them, remember the article Sundance posted about “cold anger.”

Peace

• Sugarhillhardrock says:

Angelle,
        You are a newer poster, maybe an older lurker.
        You have lived in a dark hole where the Marxists were in control. What is a well understood evil to many of us who have not lived in a dark hole, you know personally as you shared your depravation of liberty by the Eastern Bloc a few weeks back on this website, if I am not in error.

Your words of warning are profound, as they are born out of experience. You know the fear that the Marxists can conjure and the brutality of their Gulag, as you related you have been in it.

If I’m mischaracterizing your experience, please correct me.

If I am not, I pray you will share it, so that those of us only theoretically familiar with the left’s evil can more fully understand the enemy.

Peace back at you.

• angellestaria6674 says:

No, you have not mis-characterized my experience. You are remember correctly

But if I dwell on it too much, the nightmares come back. I don’t really feel comfortable, at least right now, saying too much about that past. I actually had typed some of that below, but deleted it because too much thought about it stirs up a lot of dark waters and getting me far too emotional.

One of the things that greatly helped me back then, besides the Lord’s gracious and merciful keeping power and comfort of the Holy Spirit, were some words Alexandr Solzhenitsyn said to me (as a youth…I got involved in that very young…before 20 years of age) talking about the old guard (like himself) going out and the new guard (youth like myself) coming in. He knew the old faithful guard was dying out and that there would be the need for younger people to step up to the plate and carry on the mantle. I believe he knew where the world was heading way back then. In another of his works, he once wrote that man was in desperate need of redemption. And of course, there was that monumental work, THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO, that is now standard reading in Russian high schools. I have suggested many times in years past for that work to become standard reading for all American high school students before they graduate. Well, the Marxists and progs who rule in school and academia would never allow such a thing to be exposed to students young minds ripe for propaganda.

Alexandr emphatically promoted and enforced the idea, almost like a mantra never to be forgotten…he was making sure of that in me…of fighting to your last breath for the spirit of truth, liberty and justice. If you have to die for it, then die for it and go on to God having done your best for the sake of others. If you’ve read THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO, you know the horrors he and others lived through. It is not a book for tender stomachs and weak minds.

You know, when I reflect on all that of my past, I can’t help but think of what has happened to the Democratic party here in the USA. People like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are perfectly suited to become the mean masters of a Marxist take over of our government. Yes, I lived it, suffered under it, almost to the point of death. I watched Russians, East Germans, Polish and Romanians live and suffer under it. It’s one of the reasons I got so heavily involved. I dearly love the Russian people, They are big hearted but have just been lied to and beaten down for decades and decades….just like many average American sheeple have been lied to, are being lie to, and are being corralled into the democratic, liberal, progressive stockyards as raw fodder to be conditioned for slaughter, one way or the other, if not physically, then mentally, politically, academically and socially.

Aleksandr would roll over in his grave to see what is happening in Washington D.C. excepting for Trump. That demonically driven power and spirit of Lenin and Marx in the progressive, leftist, liberal politics should be of an utmost and immediate siren call and emergency concern to all conservatives and especially to all Christians. God gave the US a minute of respite by establishing Donald Trump as POTUS. I think He is waiting to see what the overall country is going to do with His great gift of mercy of having kept us free from the likes of HRC, who would absolutely be a Queen Marxist Dictator over all of us if she had the chance.

Maybe one day, if I get better health (I have serious health issues that can be life-threatening from time to time) I may post some other things about those experiences. Despite the darker occasions, there were marvelous occasions, rescues, miracles, even supernatural intervention by the Hand of God Himself, that outshine all the evil and darkness of those past years and days. I praise God for that. And a number of children got to grow up and live because of our efforts. Jews got to go back to their homeland. I go to bed with that peace all the time.

Bless you and yours and all here in this great treehouse!

• be wise as a serpent & gentle as a dove
        speak the truth in love
        Love the Lord your God with all your heart & soul & mind & strength
        love your neighbor as yourself
        do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God
        enjoy life with the wife of your youth all the days of this meaningless life
        He must increase, I must decrease
        though He slay me yet will I trust him
        when I awake He is still with me
        the grass withers, the flowers fade, the Word of God lasts forever
        every knee shall bow & every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord
        neither do I condemn you, go & sin no more
        loose him & let him go
        greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world
        they that be for us are more than they that be against us
        be strong & courageous do not be discouraged
        as for me & my house we will serve the Lord!

Everything we need for the battles now & to come we can find in The Book of books…

God Bless you Treepers
        keep the faith
        keep your eyes on Jesus, the author & finisher of our faith
        nothing can separate us from the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus

Right on Valerie.

If we hold fast to these truths and trust in the Lord, and continue have faith in His (albeit unseen by our eyes at times) works concerning and in behalf of His people, we cannot lose 1 in a 1000 times. In this, we have an unrestrained, unlimited, unmeasured weapon of such power that the other side doesn’t, that however long it takes, God will help us so that no weapon they form against us will prevail.

Blessings to you for posting this!

17. citizen817 says:

I wonder what name Trump will use to brand Romney

18. P says:

I don’t know how this level of ignorance can even exist today. And is this really how bad it is? https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1080987036801294336

• Troublemaker10 says:

The best answer of all was a question….”omg, shouldn’t I have been taught this in school?”.

Lol. 😀

They couldn’t even name United States of America, Canada, or Mexico? How did they graduate high school?

• Dutchman says:

Cause they got extra points for gender studies, race studies, and wrote a paper on Climate change.(Their mom helped them with some of the BIG words!)

• Michael Todaro says:

Holy Name of Jesus School in East Orange, NJ, my grade school, founded in 1910, was taken over by the negroes in 2010 and changed to Johnnie Cochran school. It was beautiful & well groomed (zero graffitti) with dedicated Sisters of Charity. The students were bright & beautiful including lovely, slim Irish blonds named Noreen, Doreen, Kathleen… There was zero obscenity. Now it’s all morbidly obese toilet mouths named Shanequa, Lawanda & Loqueesha. “Academic”ranking is at or very near the bottom in NJ despite massive taxpayer $$$ spent on the little darlings. MAGA/KAG !

• Robert Smith says:

A lot of school districts don’t retain kids anymore. Too much trouble for everyone involved.

• Jenny R. says:

It’s gotten to the point that you can’t thanks to some of the school “initiatives” over the past 30 odd years. And now the culture is such that you will have the parents coming in raising a stink if their darlings aren’t doing well.
        The education system is indeed broken, but sometimes the place to look is staring at oneself in the mirror.
        Parents like a friend of mine (working poor, single mom), who went to the school and told them to fail her son and if he was caught playing truant to have the cops pick him up (and she’d deal with him once she got off work) are rather few and far between today.

• Jenny R. says:

Dude, dudette, whoever you are:
      Let’s get a little reality into this. When I was in school, we were indeed taught the countries; the same is true today. And, just like today, there are plenty of really bad students. I remember back in 9th grade when a classmate called me wanting help with her history homework: “now Moscow, that’s in China, right?” Yeah, just as completely clueless as these folks were…because she didn’t care to know any of it, so she didn’t really take it in. And her parents were the same way and did not care if she knew (hmmm….could it be that the family plays a huge role in how well students do in school????)., and they were that way because their parents didn’t care either (I knew the family; their lack of knowledge had nothing to do with native intelligence, which was average and thus capable; it had everything to do with not caring — as long as the factory was hiring and they could buy new dirt bikes every couple of years, well, that’s all they cared about).

It’s always been around — the poor will always be with you…and so will the stupid and proudly ignorant.

For what it’s worth, my daughter who is mentally handicapped and goes to school can name some countries and point them out on the map (although she does better matching the flags because something about the patterns creates a connection in her brain)….the school works with her on it (and is impressed) but guess where it started? My father used to quiz me on things every Sunday morning over brunch after Mass, and my extended family, while desperately poor, always made sure to reward good grades (even when they couldn’t afford it) and to buy encyclopedia sets even if it meant eating rice and beans for a time.
      Different families have different priorities.

• churchmouse says:

Thank you for sharing your experiences about school, education and family.

In seventh grade, I had a classmate much like yours (‘Is Moscow in China?’) and, unfortunately, our geography/social studies teacher assigned the two of us to work together on a class project. Our class was teamed up in duos to profile different countries around the world.

The teacher, I think, thought that I would somehow help this girl to raise her scholastic level. How wrong he was, especially given that we were given very little time together to plan the project. Of course, meeting outside of class was impossible for the reasons given below.

Well, this girl and I got Italy. Simple, right? A lot easier than Japan, for example, which has a lot of geography to cover.

She was assigned writing the report, and I had to do a large poster of a map of the country. It should have been the other way around.

My partner was from the sort of household you describe. Her parents didn’t care if she learned anything, and they, themselves, didn’t know much, that’s for sure. There were some problems in their home at the time, too. (My mother found this out from one of the other playground mums who supervised the pupils.) The father was an erratic alcoholic: dry, then ‘wet’, as it were.

Anyway, all along, my partner — a poor student — said she was working hard on the written report. She said that it was out of the question that I could go spend time with her at home to work on it — or she at mine. A position typical, sadly, of someone who is a product of a dysfunctional, abusive home.

Well, came the big day. I was there with my poster, describing all sorts of geographical, as well as historical/cultural aspects, of Italy.

My partner then presented her report, no doubt hastily written over the weekend, although we had four or six weeks to do it. A parlous paper. I read it and was quietly furious.

She got a ‘D’. I got an ‘A-‘. The grades were averaged together. The teacher gave us a ‘B-‘, the lowest grade I ever got in that class.

But, maybe he was right. That composite grade, while lowering mine, lifted hers.

I’m sure he voted Democrat, too. He came from that side of town. Our school was on the other.

• I have a special needs son & had Many battles with special ed. The way you praise your daughter blesses & encourages me…thanks for sharing!

19. Greg says:

Tlaib let the cat out of the bag. The DNC base has been told impeachment is coming. Pelosi and Nadler are liars.

20. joeknuckles says:

Now that AOC has been “inaugurated”, when does she get to start “signing bills into law”?

21. Troublemaker10 says:

• prettyplease says:

Seems to me like she created a straw man argument and then pummeled it with foolishness. Hope she’s got a lot of band-aids bc she is gonna take quite a few tumbles and hard knocks.

• Sedanka says:

Really getting sick of her Scott Adams written tweets.

• amwick says:

Huh? You really think Scott Adams writes her tweets?

• Moultrie Flag says:

Huh? Scott Adams has only pointed out that she is being groomed by a master persuader. He is far left wing and knows her ideas are nuts,

But her persuasion is on point at a level that indicates real grooming.

• Convert says:

Yes, the Repubs better wise up to the fact that this loony dimwit is being groomed by some big money just like Obummer was. Making fun of her, especially in a sexist way, will backfire BIGLY.

• Sedanka says:

Adams is the generic “voice” behind the tweets of several Dems, and has been for a while.

• G3 says:

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

She thinks it is all just a game……..like a child…….That is one very obvious fault of all these Congress people…….All of them…

They all think that all they have to do is say something and everyone just believes it.

Like McConnell. It is so obvious what he is doing……all of them……not one Senator voting for recess….all those judges waiting for approval…Senators not voting so as to not allow people to know their true feelings…..not using the Nuclear option

These things may have fooled us in the past, but no longer…..yeah I know, too many Americans still buy it……but here is the caveat…

Too many people think our President was just some spoiled Billionaire who decided one day to be President. But that is certainly not the case.

Our President has been thinking and planning on becoming the President for years. Look back at some of his old interviews……It is all there……Hence does anyone really believe he did not prepare for this?

Make plans to deal with opposition…..?

He has been successful all over the world…..before becoming President.
      His biggest successes came in New York City…..Think about that…..let that sink in.

So compare that with today. The MSM in New York City has been trying to find dirt on him for years…..nothing….and he has dealt with them….hence prior to running he had to come up with how to deal with it Nationally….Fake News…Strikes….outdated laws

He had to deal with crooked politicians for years on end….How did he deal with it?
      Patience and leverage.

My point is: Trust our President. Did you all see his news conference today?
      Dawg…….Did that not make you proud of him?

Congress……just a bunch of Noise…..Let them scream all they want…

Look at what he has done in just two years and Congress did not help him

Let Trump be Trump….The economy, trade…..jobs are booming…..
      The President’s de-regulations are just kicking in….billions of dollars will he saved this year……Did Congress do that?…..No….

He is not boxed in or n a corner……

Trust our President……whew…….he’s got this…..Hold my beer….

• paulraven1 says:

Riposte
      ‏@RavenRiposte
      Replying to @AOC
      No one said or thinks that’s “scandalous.” Straw woman argument. But incoherent, failed, unjust and cruel socialism being repackaged by democrats is scandalous.

22. teeheeman says:

I understand the bitching about Romney and he is being righteously chastised.

But think through the makeup of this 53 seat Senate and the “deltas” from a year ago:

• teeheeman says:

Sorry about that:

– Solid/conservative new R Senators in FLA, IN, MO and ND – all four flips from D’s
      – Blackburn for Corker in TN – major uptick
      – McSally for McCain in AZ – slight uptick hopefully??
      – Flake gone for D in AZ – who really cares on this one – the biggest R Trump hater is gone
      – Romney – down tick vs Hatch but certainly not the end of the world
      – NV – a lost seat but the guy was not a big Trump supporter

Of course there are still weak spots, but this is a MUCH STRONGER R majority.

Fight like hell on the Wall/Border security but focus on things that can get done with the help of the Senate.

Let the House expose itself with “MF’er” impeachment histrionics along with buffoonery and grandstanding by the young socialist mental midgets.

• Dutchman says:

Same old whine (rinos) in a brand new bottle.
      Actually, there are a # there, that owe their seat to PDJT, and others like Blackburn, thay may have got their without his help, but were sure grateful at the time.
      Mitt qualifies, and maybe THATS what his preemptive OP ED was all about?

“See, I accepted PDJT”s endorsement, and then backstabbed him, you can too!
      Of coarse, if he gets a bad enough renunciation from Republicans, maybe it sends the opposite message, to any in Congress:

“If you accepted PDJT’s support during your campaign, and then go against him (say,,vote to impeach) you better be as rich as Romney, cause your as dead to the base as romney is!”7

23. JohnCarlson says:

Remember Sharyl Atkisson, the award-winning reporter who was fired by CBS News for having the audacity to investigate “Fast and Furious?” She’s still at it and has posted a number of “contributions” by illegal aliens:

More than one million drug crimes
    More than 663-thousand sex offenses and kidnappings
    33-thousand homicides
    1,500 terrorism-related crimes
    1 in 5 federal inmates is an illegal alien
    Between 2011 and 2016 730,000 illegal aliens in prison or jail
    2011-2016: 4.9-million arrests for 7.5-million offenses

24. Robert Smith says:

Obama: Some jobs ‘are just not going to come back’

(But, he is responsible for the economy now. Right?)

• usayes says:

I know one job that’s not coming back… his.

• paper doll says:

It depends what the market is doing. If it’s up, it’s Obama’s economy. If it’s,down, it’s PT’s

• millwright says:

RS: Loved Tucker Carlson’s gentle takedown of a progressive guest’s noting illegal incursions are increasing in the Trump Administration . Of course ! Our economy is booming compared to Obama’s ! Why go where there aren’t any jobs ?

• GB Bari says:

He never once mentions the trades or skilled labor jobs that do not require college degrees. He gets close by talking about community college training after high school, but agian focuses solely on computer skills and not much else. Whadda maroon.

Newsflash Obozo, there are millions of good paying jobs that do not need computer skills and that have RETURNED to the U.S., thanks to the wisdom, vision, and determination of President Trump. YOU didn’t build or create that success, Obozo. You prematurely and ignorantly wrote off entire categories of jobs.

You flat-lined our economy and put a lot of people in an economic hole. And then you had the BLS manipulate the unemployment numbers and had the Fed manipulate the interest rates to conceal your lousy and poorly thought-out policies.

• Robert Smith says:

I agree with all you said. As we know better now what the globalists/UniParty is doing, it just might be that they meant to extinguish manufacturing permanently.

And Obama had extra incentive to do so because he hates America.

25. Troublemaker10 says:

26. Troublemaker10 says:

27. trishinsouthernillinois says:

I posted this earlier on another thread, i love the passion & i feel like sharing it again.

28. Conservativeinny says:

In addition to impeachment, the Dems want to get rid of the electoral college…

• millwright says:

The electoral college is the major stumbling block to manipulation of voting blocs to create predictable election results . It prevents the ” tyranny of the masses “. Our founders realized small states and/or rural populations’s could be disenfranchised by states with large populations so created the EC as a check upon them .

• Bastiat says:

The Founders did not even want city people to be able to vote: They understood the corruption of character found in cities. That is the real reason land owners were the only ones that could vote originally. The left wants to paint it as a rich vs poor thing, but poor people were the farmers that owned land as well as the rich.

It was an imperfect solution, to be sure, but they knew absolutely where the corruption of government would come from, as it has been this way throughout history.

• Bastiat says:

“But life in large cities is not conducive to mental health; nor does it foster the kind of responsible freedom within small self-governing groups, which is the first condition of a genuine democ­racy. City life is anonymous and, as it were, abstract. People are related to one another, not as total person­alities, but as the embodiments of economic functions or, when they are not at work, as irresponsible seekers of entertainment. Subjected to this kind of life, indi­viduals tend to feel lonely and insignificant. Their ex­istence ceases to have any point or meaning.”

-Aldous Huxley

• dauntlessguy says:

The Federal Government was never originally conceived to be as all powerful as it is today.

Anyone that argues against the electoral college, remind them it protects the minority against the tyranny of the majority. Pure democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting to see whats for dinner.

29. Troublemaker10 says:

30. Another Ian says:

Tree houses becoming fashionable?

“Trudeau demands tree house – 0 ”

31. Troublemaker10 says:

32. citizen817 says:

• citizen817 says:

• Dixie says:

Although this has nothing to do with the Ford expansion, the job market has certainly opened up in eastern NC. I’m retired but have lately been watching the job market for something to fill my time, increase my feeling of self worth and subsidize my income.

I was shocked to do a job search on a well known website and learn that I was qualified for at least 50 positions within a 25 mile radius.

It is good to know that kind of job availability has filtered into smaller and less urban areas.

33. Troublemaker10 says:

You made a pledge, Nancy. Pay up. Quit mocking and (lying to) Veterans.

• GB Bari says:

Who on this Earth (and who has been alive and paying attention for at least the past 20 years) would ever expect Nancy Pelosi or any DimmicRAT to keep their word?

34. Troublemaker10 says:

You made a pledge, Nancy. Pay up. Quit mocking and (lying to) Veterans.

35. RAC says:

WHAT??!!!??!!
    Just looked at the wapo article it doesn’t report on a reason for this.
    She’s a judge nominated by obama though.

36. fred5678 says:

The new mouthy muslim CongressCritter who yelled M-F has a past:

“…Rashida Tlaib lied about her residency in sworn documents in order to run for the Michigan House of Representatives, at the same time that in sworn tax documents, she and her husband claimed a tax allowance for her Dearbornistan home–which she claimed was her primary residence and isn’t in her Southwest Detroit, largely-Mexican district. Now, that she’s been outed, Tlaib is making up a story about how she was “separated” from her husband at the time she lied on sworn documents and calls her father crazy. She’s gotten her brothers to circle the wagons for her on the lies. And, of course, now the “separation from her husband” is conveniently over, now that she finally bought a home in her district in June 2009, over a year after she lied on forms claiming she live in the district. Don’t believe her cover story. Tlaib lied before and she’s been caught. In this case, she’s either committed election fraud or tax fraud….”

37. JohnCarlson says:

Navy’s Top SEAL Chief Faces Court Martial for Killing ISIS Terrorist, January 4, 2019, by Daniel Greenfield

Whose side are “our” generals and admirals on now anyway. No question mark as that was a rhetorical “question”.

38. oldschool64 says:

Behold, the wisdom of Kim Strassel …

• TestName7 says:

Hmm… dispatching the extreme “progressive” tax is like shooting ducks in a barrel. Anything harder?

That’s so a decade ago and I don’t have it handy. Lemme see if I can dig the forgotten…

income-wealth-equality

Want-what? Tax-what?

Want equality. want income. tax wealthy… but they don’t tax wealth. They tax those moving up to gain wealth by increasing income (like doctors who do 8 years of med school).

It’s just another stratosphere ploy.
      They don’t want wealth equality or mobility. If they did they would tax bank balances not those trying move up – and we know who won’t allow that.

True wealth equality can be attained by taxing assets.
      Taxing income is just a way of slowing down natural dynamics (of markets and humans).

Hence, they perpetuate the glass ceilings of economic classes (castes). And so on and so on… ad whatever.

How boring. Can’t believe this stuff is relevant.
      I’m disappointed in myself for this comment

Ps: I always liked the fair consumption tax (no income tax) and haven’t changed my mind one iota. Of course admittedly Econ is not my strong suit.

• Bastiat says:

This is a powerful counterargument. I don’t think you quite realize how powerful it really is.

It is a brilliant exposure of the hypocrisy of progressives, and it is a point that most progressives would probably agree with. Gaslight them, agitate them with this, and they will be crushed by those who currently support them. We would barely have to lift a finger.

Ask; if you want equality, why are you taxing income rather than bank accounts? Is income not what the common man or woman can use to challenge the power of the rich, to compete with them and overthrow them?

Can someone take a shot at forming a more concise argument than above that could work on Twitter? I’d like to see what others can come up with.

• amwick says:

Please don’t give them ideas TestName7, ‘K?

• For Eyes says:

1) The argument against that is the same argument against even attempting a VAT tax in the US. If the mechanical infrastructure to do a VAT was built, then we would be taxing that TOO, and the income tax would never actually go away, and you end up being taxed coming and going.

That is not a theoretical notion. Just look at the state of CT as an example. Decades ago they had no income tax, but instead a reliance on property taxes (taxing assets). An income tax was passed as a “temporary” measure to fix a budget problem. Decades later CT has a high income tax AND insanely high property taxes, and economy of the state is awful, AND big budget deficits.

2) Economists can run ideas like that through their models, but they will be wrong. Because NONE of the economics constructs that are formula based actually work. That is the open secret none discuss. Proof is contained in the QE experiment. It worked in theory, but was a disaster in practice. Even the Fed admits this. The reasons are too lengthy to discuss here.

39. CM-TX says:

This crime is relevant to Syria & refugees. I recall reading during Nobama– 90% of ME refugees imported were of a non-Christian faith. Whether this is a lingering result from then, or perhaps more recent via our open Southern Borders– it’s a very sad & suspect case.🤨

| HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) —
    An 18-year-old [Mohamad Alajil] is now facing [2nd degree manslaughter] charges for allegedly shooting his friend in the head, killing him as they played the ‘No Lackin Challenge.’

Christian Johnson, 19, was killed in December at his home in the 6300 block of Ivy Knoll.

… According to prosecutors, Johnson and Alajil were in Johnson’s bedroom playing the ‘No Lackin Challenge.’ The two were reportedly pointing loaded weapons at each other.

When Alajil stretched out his arm and pointed the pistol at Johnson’s head, the trigger was pulled, and the gun went off, striking him in the head, authorities allege.

Johnson’s family, however, disputes the social media challenge motive.
    “I think he should be charged with first degree murder,” said the victim’s sister Shyra Estes-Johnson. “He planned to come into my house and kill and rob my brother.”

Alajil reportedly dropped the gun and ran out of the house. Johnson’s two brothers tried to stop him. …

Alajil allegedly made no attempt to call police. When they interviewed him on Wednesday, he initially told investigators he and Johnson had been fighting and he shot the teen in self-defense. Later Alajil changed his statement, and told officers about the ‘No Lackin Challenge.’

“Of course my family is very, very pleased that they caught him. But we’re not pleased with the charges they made against him,” said Estes-Johnson. “We feel like it wasn’t a game, it wasn’t an accident. We felt like it’s straight murder, robbery.”

Alajil, from Syria, is not a US citizen, according to court proceedings. A judge set his bond at $250,000. |

40. cripto says:

Treepers may find this of interest re: The Huawei scandal that China has retaliated to Canada by arresting 13 of their citizens and the recent level 2 warning to Americans traveling to China.

Remember the Canadian gov was responding to the US order that the CEO of Huawei was under indictment for violating US sanctions on Iran et al.

So this story surfaced again, about 5-6 years ago about a young American engineer who was working in Singapore and then became worried about tech transfers demanded by Huawei. He died, ostensibly by suicide just before he was leaving having handed in his resignation. His parents and others refuse to accept that verdict. They think he was murdered for being a whistleblower on Huawei.

Interesting reading.

41. Dora says:

A good friend to have.

42. duchess01 says:

1.5 MILLION ‘VOTERS’ BEING REMOVED FROM CALIFORNIA LIST
    January 5, 2019

• GB Bari says:

Too late for the 2016 and 2018 general elections, but hopefully will make it just a teeny bit harder to cheat in 2020.

• duchess01 says:

Hope this is just the beginning of more non- persons, dead people, and illegals being removed from the rolls, GB – they refused to cooperate – perhaps, a National ID will stop the madness!

• GB Bari says:

I have wanted voter ID for some time but you know what? Forgive me for being so darn cynical on that but the Marxist Dems, who never, ever give up trying to swindle cheat and destroy America, would probably figure out a way to cheat even with that system.

• duchess01 says:

Nah, GB – we are going to win this one – this is our country – and we are taking it back – restoring the Republic –

Have faith – we will not let them get away with anything again – imho – this is the beginning of the end of the Socialist/Marxist Democrat Party – as you can see – they are sinking themselves daily – the jig is up –

The American people have awaken – and besides – PT said we will get tired of winning – dunno about you – but, I am not tired of winning yet!

43. getfitnow says:

FTA – Unfortunately for the excitable freshmen Democrats, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is the one calling the shots. Cute as they are, their demands that President Trump be impeached look like they’re going nowhere because of her.

Freshman Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., told supporters Thursday,
    “We’re gonna go in and impeach the motherfucker!”
    In anticipation of this exact kind of lunacy, Pelosi, in all her political wisdom, appointed Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., to head the House Judiciary Committee. And Friday on CNN, he indicated he has no interest in impeachment.

“I don’t really like that kind of language,” he said of Tlaib before bluntly contradicting her Howard Dean-like scream for impeachment.

“More to the point, I disagree with what she said. It is too early to talk about [impeachment] intelligently. We have to follow the facts, we have to get the facts. That’s why it is important to protect the [special counsel] investigation. That’s why it’s important to do our own inquiry.”

• amwick says:

TY getfitnow,
      I keep dropping this article, just in case anyone is interested in a good read about impeachment. It is historical and legal in nature, not political… so… it may boil your blood even more, but knowledge is a good thing.. here: https://www.lawfareblog.com/impeachable-offense
      IN the twitterverse I send it to the ejits who are calling for impeachment willy nilly. The nicest thing I can say about them is that they are ignorant, and have watched too much MSM. Sadly, this would include 99.999% of Ds and 100% of left/libs.

• Bob says:

There should not even be a word written or spoken about impeachment. It is a false narrative from the left…..their tactic is to keep telling the lie until the People believe it.
      Not…any more…

• GB Bari says:

People keep getting confused about impeachment of a president.

Impeachment does not require lawbreaking.
      In the modern day, it is purely a political tool used to publicly weaken a president and hopefully force him to resign out of shame or before enduring a Senate trial and possible conviction.

IMO the DemocRATS will try to impeach President Trump, regardless of what lies they are now telling (with straight faces) to reporters.

At a likely predetermined point in the future, the Dimms will “uncover” some “shocking evidence” (most likely has already been gathered / fabricated, although nothing that would ever hold up in a court of law) that they will frame as suggesting illegal/ unethical/ immoral behavior by our Commander in Chief or by someone very close to him and with his knowledge. It will be innuendo and hearsay, lacking hard, independently verifiable evidence.

They may try to present a former Trump business legal maneuver as being illegal or unethical or immoral, despite it being legal and not prosecutable. Remember, impeachment does not require lawbreaking – only the apearance of gross impropriety.

The Dimms may even try to present fabricated “hard” evidence (i.e., like the “Dossier”) but the Media will ensure they get maximum mileage out of the innuendo and hearsay without having to commit forgery.

Clinton was only impeached for lying to Congress (a “process crime”), not for any of the disgusting things he did to the naive starry-eyed intern or to the many women before her who Hillary neutralized with threats from her “Bimbo Eruption Patrol.”

They are DemocRATS. And that’s what DemocRATS do – they lie through their teeth and twist the law to serve their purpose.

44. getfitnow says:

FTA – President Donald Trump and his senior staff are headed on a group vacation — all at the direction of new acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney. White House senior staffers will spend the weekend at Camp David in Hauvers, Maryland, a rural retreat for the office of president. Trump will visit the retreat and lead meetings, but only on Sunday.

45. citizen817 says:

46. Dora says:

47. Tseg says:

I’m keeping my eye out for some DINOs to emerge. The Dems are so much better at shaming their own.

48. Dora says: