Thursday December 13th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

189 Responses to Thursday December 13th – Open Thread

1. “Memoirs of a Pine Tree” by Henry Livingston (1792) – illustrated. This prose piece was published by Henry Livingston in the New-York Magazine in February, 1792. It describes the world as seen from the point of view of a pine tree first emerging from its cone. Narrated by Byron Nilsson and illustrated.

• amwick says:

Different times Mary… very interesting…. I wonder if the way he wrote was the way people spoke, or was he putting on airs??….hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• You make an excellent point! I think there was some expectation of formality in these old prose pieces. He’s writing to his topic. From other sources, what’s consistent is Henry’s deep respect for native Americans. There’s some of that formality when he talks of them in his war diary, even when his other descriptions are more direct. He’s asked to visit a “castle” and make sure that the people are on THEIR side rather than that of the British, and he talks of beginning his discussion with a set, formal speech. So, as I think about it, a lot of it – in this case – is probably the subject.

The trick to hear the man directly is to look over his shoulder when he’s not displaying himself. The war diary, for example, or the letter to a beloved grandchild. I don’t know how to make a link active here, but you can swipe and copy/paste to hear Henry’s letter in a wav file.
        [audio src="http://www.henrylivingston.com/writing/letters/audio/Letter-to-Sidney-Breese-Jul-2-1820.wav" /]

There’s still a lot of that formality but more an enjoyment of the patterns of speech. From his poetry, you can see that he’s excessively sensitive to rhythm. “And happy/thrice happy/too happy the swain.”

LOVE the way you think about things.

• amwick says:

Because we (thanks to you) are peeping into days gone by.. It just is fascinating… I have always loved period pieces,,, speech is something new to view backwards.. Laundry, now that has always puzzled me.. The complicated dress, and the lack of modern washing machines… hmmmmm

• Pale rider says:

CS. Lewis writes about those “airs”. The discipline of a refined way of life, as was dress.
        Those purposeful expressions were compliments, as purposeful as perfume or makeup for the recipient.
        The contrast of today’s world so revealing when you examine past.

• amwick says:

Exactly..that and I think there was a definite sense of social class. Of course today there are elites, but I don’t know any, but the rest seem to be congenial…

• Pale rider says:

“Men without chests” as Lewis puts it. Devoid of what matters, the morals and little selfless niceties or “airs”. What once was kindness, opening a door for a lady, is a grievance.

• John Post says:

Pale rider:

I once got my face slapped for opening a door for a “lady”. She called me a chauvinist pig. I told her I felt sorry for somebody who couldn’t accept a simple kindness that was offered with “no strings attached and no expectations”.

Makes for a mighty sad life in the long run. I actually felt sorry for her!

2. Lucille says:

Happy Cursday!

3. DanDeplorable says:

“It’s Coming!”

“Where’s Rabbi Waxman?”

• Lucille says:

I should have realized it, Citizen, from the spelling of the name, but I had to look up the beautiful Na’Pali Coast and found it’s on the island of Kauai…

• cthulhu says:

Waimea Canyon is just amazing — it’s immense and spectacular like the Grand Canyon, but it’s on this little island. The difference is that the Grand Canyon is out in the middle of a desert and was carved over hundreds of thousands of years by rainfall, whereas Waimea is on a tropical island and was carved over tens of thousands of years by much more abundant rainfall.

When we went up to the lookout, we saw nene in the parking lot — the nene is the world’s rarest goose, the official state bird of Hawai’i, and it’s conservation status is vulnerable (threatened). They didn’t seem particularly rare there, and they were mostly threatened by being in a parking lot full of tourists. I saw one almost hop into a minivan.

• amwick says:

I have to add this to my bucket list..TY…

• Lucille says:

Sounds like a wonderful visit, cthulhu. Hope you have plenty of photos of the nene, the Na’Pali Coast, and the beautiful island itself.

I’ve been to Hawaii twice…back in the 70s, though I didn’t visit Kauai. Traveling was such a pleasure then from the taxi ride to the airport to the taxi coming home…the ease and non-harassment of the airport itself and the 747s with full amenities and meals for all classes.

For my first visit to the islands, I had reservations for Saturday morning. But Friday after work I decided to go right then, went home, picked up my luggage, called the airline directly and changed my reservation with no trouble. The big 747 was nowhere near full and I had an entire row to myself; so I just asked for a pillow and blanket, lay down, and slept all the way to Hawaii. LOL!

Those were the days, my friend, we thought they’d never end….

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Our Manifest Destiny

“In hope of eternal life, which God…promised before the world began” (Titus 1:2).

In the Law of Moses, God promised the people of Israel that they could “live” (Lev. 18:5)—live eternally—if they kept His commandments. We know that’s what Leviticus 18:5 meant because the Lord Jesus quoted that verse to a Jewish man seeking eternal life (Lu. 10:25-28).

But God promised us Gentiles eternal life before the Law, even “before the world began.” But unlike the promise of life He made to the Jews in the Law, He didn’t reveal His promise to us Gentiles for thousands of years! Speaking of that promise (Tit. 1:2), Paul added,

“But hath in due times manifested His word through preaching, which is committed unto me…” (Titus 1:3).

When God finally decided to reveal His promise to give the Gentiles eternal life, He “manifested” it through Paul.

If you’re not sure what that word “manifested” means, it is well defined in something the Lord said about things that had not yet been revealed about God’s prophetic program for Israel:

“…nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest, neither any thing hid, that shall not be known…” (Luke 8:17).

So to make something manifest means to make known something that was secret or hidden. That means when Paul says that God “manifested His word through preaching, which is committed unto me,” he meant that he preached a secret that had been hid but now was made known. Doesn’t that sound like what he wrote in Colossians 1:25,26?

“…I am made a minister, according to…the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest.”

But now, here’s the thing about the hidden, secret mystery that Paul made manifest. It involved more than just the fact that God promised eternal life to the Gentiles before the world began. It involved what Paul talked about in Ephesians 3:8,9,

“…unto me…is this grace given, that I should…make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God.”

Paul wasn’t just called on to reveal the mystery that God promised eternal life to Gentiles before the world began. He was called on to reveal the fellowship of the mystery, something he explained a few verses earlier in that passage when he said,

“…God…made known unto me the mystery…that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs and of the same body…” (Ephesians 3:2-6).

The fellowship of the mystery is that Gentiles could not only have eternal life, they could be fellow or equal* members of “the same body,” the Body of Christ, with Jewish believers. And Paul was raised up to make this equality manifest.

In the 19th century, many Americans believed that it was the “manifest destiny” of the United States that our nation would expand across North America. But in the 1st century, the Apostle Paul made it manifest that even Gentiles like us are destined to live eternally as equal heirs with Jewish believers in the Body of Christ for all eternity. Glory!

· We know the word “fellow” means equal because in speaking of Christ, God the Father called Him “the man who is My fellow” (Zech. 13:7), and Christ was God’s “equal” (Phil. 2:6).
    By Pastor Ricky Kurth

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
    26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
    3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
    4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
    6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
    7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
    9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Leviticus 18:5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

Luke 10:25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
      26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
      27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
      28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

5. MaryfromMarin says:

Old: “The devil made me buy this dress”
    New: “My baby said it was okay to be aborted”

WATCH: Mom Sings Creepy Lullaby She Says Her Baby “Gave” Her Before Aborting Her

6. citizen817 says:

COLD AND WINDY SUNRISE AT GODAFOSS, ICELAND

7. sunnydaze says:

Happy St. Lucia Day. This is a Swedish tradition- HUGE holiday- that the Swedish gov. is probably trying to squash as we speak. Oh well, it was (a LOT of fun) while it lasted:

• andyocoregon says:

Arthur Brown used to sing with fire on his head, too.

• ZurichMike says:

I love this tradition. How Santa Lucia of Syracuse (Sicily) made it to Scandinavia is a fascinating story. The song you hear (and this is the absolute best I have found on youtube for years) is set to a Neapolitan folk tune — another oddity. St. Lucy is the only saint honored so in the Swedish Lutheran Church. Her feast day in the old calendar would normally have been around the winter solstice, when light returns to the earth (longer days). This was a tradition of a local pagan goddess so St. Lucy — bringing light to a darkned world — was the logical choice for Christian missionaries.

The crown of candles is said to represent how Lucy descended to the catacombs beneath the city to bring supplies to the persecuted Christians. Lucy herself was tortured for not wanting to marry a pagan. Her eyes were put out, yet through a miracle her eyes were restored. You often see depictions of her holding a small plate with two eyes on it, yet with “restored eyes” as well. A bit gruesome. However, she is the patron saint of those with eye ailments. The red sash is for her martyrdom.

When my own great-aunt Lucy was born, they knew immediately that she had eye problems and consecrated her to Saint Lucy. My great-aunt thrived (with thick glasses) but also had other eye ailments. She did have inner vision on many things — a very special woman in our family.

Regardless of what you feel about saints and the legends surrounding them, it is an uplifting and serene tradition of hope, light, and purity.

One of the Swedish traditions is baking Lusekatter, small saffron-infused sweetbuns. A rope of dough is rolled into two circles from either end (“s”-shaped), and a raisin placed in the middle of each roll. These are to represent the eyes of St. Lucy, but also harken back to pagan symbols for life

• BigMamaTEA says:

Interesting, ZM!

• sunnydaze says:

Thankyou Zurich Mike for telling the story!

I’m familiar w/ it cuz my huge Swedish American family REALLY celebrated Lucia Day every year. It was the biggest Xmas Holiday for us- and for my whole church growing up. Sad to see it get downplayed in Sweden now.

The one thing that did knock my socks off was a few decades ago, riding on a “public bus/boat” canal thru Venice, we went past an old Catholic Church w/ a small plaque on it that said in Latin “St. Lucia buried here”. I was shocked!

Asked the boat driver to stop and let me out and, sure enough, the bones of St. Lucia were inside the church in a casket. Too weird! I had always known her story, but guess it never sunk in for me that she was actually a real person and not a “myth”, having grown up Lutheran w/o the whole “saints” thing.

• ByrdDeplorable says:

The Swedish Royal Family website has pictures of little Princess Estelle and little Prince Oscar wearing white robes, St Lucia crowns and holding candles. Very lovely pictures.

8. citizen817 says:

9. citizen817 says:

10. Deplorable_Infidel says:

What’s up in space
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    CHINESE SPACECRAFT ORBITS THE MOON:

China’s Chang’e-4 spacecraft is now orbiting the Moon following a four and a half day journey from Earth. Chang’e-4 is on an unprecedented mission to land on the Moon’s farside. First, though, mission scientists must adjust the spacecraft’s orbit and test a communication link between Earth and the mission’s relay satellite “Queqiao,” according to the China National Space Administration. Stay tuned for updates.
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    METEORS FROM A ROCK COMET:

The Geminid meteor shower is underway as Earth enters a stream of debris from rock comet 3200 Phaethon. Forecasters expect the shower to peak on Dec. 13th or 14th with as many as 100 meteors per hour. Exactly one year ago, during the peak of the 2017 Geminids, Wally Pacholka witnessed this fireball over the desert northeast of San Diego, CA

“A brilliant Geminid fell over the Jeep Sculpture in Anza Borrego Springs,” recalls Pacholka. “It was a beauty!”

More bright Geminids are in the offing. Perhaps because of its gravelly nature, the shower is rich in fireballs–that is, meteors brighter than the planet Venus. Indeed, last night NASA’s network of all-sky meteor cameras captured 23 Geminid fireballs over the United States–numbers that will increase sharply in the nights ahead.

To see the greatest number of Geminids, the best time to look is during the dark hours before dawn when the constellation Gemini is high in the sky. On the other hand, if you would like to see a Geminid streak past Comet 46P/Wirtanen, a better time would be during hours before midnight when the comet “up” as well. These sky maps are tailored to that purpose: Dec. 12, Dec. 13. Dec. 14.

http://spaceweather.com/ (many embedded links in text at website)

• czarowniczy says:

Chinese government officials have already released a timetable for a Chinese base on the moon and they haven’t committed to not claiming lunar territory for China.
      Along those same lines Chinese military officials have also announced China is looking at basing nuclear missiles on the moon to launch in retaliation were China, Chinese territory or allies attacked.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Chinese government officials have already released a timetable for a Chinese base on the moon”

I hope and pray that they waste a lot of time and money chasing that.

Psalm 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

• czarowniczy says:

They are close. They have been given/stolen massive amounts of data from NASA and other USc agencies and have a huge industry solely dedicated to their heavily military space program.

The Chinese Tiangong-1 space station was deorbited earlier this year and they are without one until they get the Tiangong-2 into orbit but they’re having some delays due to problems with the Long March-5 launch platform.

The Chinese are not interested in being part of the International Space Station and don’t expect to see them invite very many – if any – gweilo astronauts to theirs.

Just as Russia did with the Salyut and Mir programs the Chinese will place military programs as foremost in the program’s missions. The station will make a nice stopover where moon and Mars missions can be assembled and launched from. It will also make an ideal platform from where military-based intel can be gathered and a great place where nuclear weapon-armed space systems or even mass drivers can be shipped piecemeal and assembled. They’re on a roll.

11. citizen817 says:

• czarowniczy says:

Soooooooooo many possibilities to reply, soooooooooo many chances to get the **** moderated out of me.

• Lucille says:

Let me help you here, czar. The brilliant Ms. says drinking human sperm boosts her immune system. Actually, ingesting sperm causes the body to attack and destroy it.

So her claim that her month-old practice boosts her immune system is false. What the immune system is really doing is its job of getting rid of a foreign intruder. Making the immune system work overtime to cover for your stupidity, just ain’t a wise move.

• czarowniczy says:

Yours was a far more civilized definition than the many dancing around in my head.

• Lucille says:

Ah, czar. Actually I did quite a bid of editing myself…though the removed portions weren’t as colorful as your imagination, I’m sure. Someday I just may get into the details of why the female body doesn’t reject said substance during, shall we say, the more procreative of activities.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“why the female body doesn’t reject said substance”

My best guess would be the natural pH of the female reproductive system.

• Lucille says:

In short, the female body puts out a hormone which disguises the foreign intruder and makes the body think it’s a friend…as, indeed, it is. Our Creator God definitely knew what He was doing.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“the female body puts out a hormone which disguises the foreign intruder and makes the body think it’s a friend”

Thanks, I never heard of that. As a 40 something adult I did get to take a college sex ed course that was for Sociology majors only. The Prof /Dept. Chair shared an office with one of my Computer Information Systems Profs. & gave me permission because there was room.

One of the students that knew me from outside the class was amazed about things I brought up that she did not know about her own body. Things like the changes in cervical mucous and the slight rise in basal body temperature around the time of ovulation.

• czarowniczy says:

Hmmmmm…OK, more editing…

• BigMamaTEA says:

mine too czar. {giggle}

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

You sure know how to spoil my mellow (s)

And that….is as close as I’ll go…..😎

• Dave says:

I wonder what Stormy Daniel’s thinks about this? Plus, the obvious question is: Was this a “group” donation, or did one person work on this for months? Tastes great or less filling?

• andyocoregon says:

Thanks for making me go to the porcelain throne to repeatedly call out those two GM cars:

Buuuuuu-ick & Ponti-aaaaaaaaack

• spoogels says:

YUK YUK YUK
      Imagine the bacteria and viruses in that. Many men have chlamydiae, Mycobacterium genitalis non gonococcal urethritis,herpes infections which are asymptomatic and hidden. Those obviously promiscuous can have obvious STDs or incubating STDS.

Chlamydiae can cause all sorts of chronic problems.
      Stupid stupid stupid

• amwick says:

‘There is absolutely no nutritional value to semen,’ she said. ‘A better way for vegans to get extra protein would be through foods like nuts.’

You can’t make this up… annnd I saw that there is some debate as to whether this practice actually qualifies as vegan, or something..

Moving right along……………

• smiley says:

revolutionalize ??

as in the word REVOLTING ?

gag-a-maggot.

• auscitizenmom says:

Uh…………no………just NO!!

12. Garrison Hall says:

13. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Cursday, Treepers . . . Give your puppies a pat for me. 🙂

14. Garrison Hall says:

• czarowniczy says:

And then there’s what we did with the military working dogs in Vietnam.

• Janie M. says:

cz, I’ve read 2 versions. One – abandoned as excess military equipment, Two – killed. Either way, an utter betrayal and cruel.

• czarowniczy says:

No, they were declared excess and all euthanized, none returned CONUS. One of the BS excuses was the DoD was concerned they’d potentially expose us to exotic diseases/parasites, another that they’d turn killer if adopted out and kill some Keane-eyed child (a version of the popular Vietnam vet as a crypto psychopath just waiting to explode).

• Janie M. says:

Despicable, cz. They’ve (the powers that be) made a 180 with respect to dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have read accounts of local strays befriending our military, were treated well/fed by our troops and instinctively became sentries, saving lives.There are even organizations in the US who will assist in the transfer of those dogs to the US. I’m glad to see this.

15. From the comments :
    Tom Finn
    Okay guys, Tom Finn of The Left Banke here. Back in the early weeks of 1966, we created “Walk Away Renée”. The 4 Tops weren’t even aware of it until it became a big hit later that year…. Let’s say November 1966. Anyway, glad you like it, some of you anyway😏 It was written by our piano player Michael Brown, and the entire band was working on the vocals and arrangement. When it became a big hit, we were all surprised.

wcolornyc
    Hey Tom…I’m sure you’ve heard every compliment in the book by now, but please let me add mine. Not only is this an exquisitely beautiful song, one of my all time favorites, but after 50 years i can still close my eyes and be right back in that car with my college friends, speeding down I-75, singing along with it…Thank you thank you thank you for this beautiful music that will live long after we’ve all departed.
    2 years ago

Tom Finn
    Hi Jbotnyc, I have heard at least a hundred thousand compliments, but yours, is special, very special. I can hear the yearning in your words that makes me feel great all over. You stated yourself beautifully and I thank you from my heart ~ Tom Finn
    The Left Banke
    2 years ago

• Lucille says:

WALK AWAY RENEE

And when I see the sign that points one way
      The lot we used to pass by every day
      Just walk away Renee
      You won’t see me follow you back home
      The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
      You’re not to blame
      From deep inside the tears that I’m forced to cry
      From deep inside the pain that I chose to hide
      Just walk away Renee
      You won’t see me follow you back home
      Now as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
      For me it cries
      Just walk away Renee
      You won’t see me follow you back home
      Now as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
      For me it cries
      Your name and mine inside a heart upon a wall
      Still finds a way to haunt me, though they’re so small
      Just walk away Renee
      You won’t see me follow you back home
      The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
      You’re not to blame.

Songwriters: Bob Calilli / Mike Brown / Tony Sansone
      The Left Banke

• Beverly says:

Wonderful exchange between Tom and wcolornyc. So lovely.

• amwick says:

Yesterday I was checking out at a grocery store, and the young man had a name tag that said Finn,,,, so I just smiled at him and said, “Finn, that’s a really beautiful name! Is it Irish?”
        He smiled, I mean he really smiled, and was genuinely happy, and said, “yes!”…. Just like a couple seconds, but I could see he was pleased….. Coincidence???

• 17CatsInTN says:

Such a hauntingly beautiful song. One of my all time favorites.

16. Robert Smith says:

17. Lucille says:

Time for a little violence…A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS style…

My Mule Don’t Like People Laughing

18. noswamp says:

Is it just me or have you noticed Brietbart Headlines with a Liberal slant for every 2nd to 3rd article? Why is that? I really don’t know, but if I wanted to read those headlines I would have turned to CNN fake news.
    I do not want to know what the Dems are doing. When I go to Breitbart I want to know what WE as CONSERVATIVES are doing.

SELLOUTS??? They want more leftists reading their articles?

• Lucille says:

It takes a lot of guts to stand firm against the haters. After all, no one likes to be hated (see Tucker Carlson). Breitbart is no different.

Our President has us and only us. The haters, sell-outs, and compromisers will never understand why we stick by him or why we continue to love him. What is so hard to understand about the ultimate attraction to a man who puts up with absolutely no guff no matter how much is thrown his way.

• Jim in TN says:

It takes a lot of idiocy to sell out to the left. Sure, you get momentary fame and adulation, but I have yet to see any sell out who isn’t still hated and despised by the left.

McCain is a great example. After years of him selling out, he dared run for president and none of that mattered, they hated and despised him just as much as they did Bush. And look how much over the top he had to go against President Trump to get them to say nice things about him again. Had to fill his soul with blind raging hate, and block everything he had ever promised or supported just to thwart the President, all in order to get a few nice things said about him in the press.

• piper567 says:

noswamp, its not just you.
      BB has been on the suspicious list for many moons.

19. spoogels says:

Has anyone read these blogs? Some VERY VERY interesting stuff here….
    You can register for free.

&

&

Its been republished now on the last website

• rashomon says:

Thanks for posting these links. Fascinating.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I always found it strange that the Obama’s went to Bariloche on their visit to Argentina. Bariloche was where the Nazis from Nazi Germany fled to and established a colony”

I was meaning to post this earlier, but had to attend to more pressing matters:

“…CIA director Allen Dulles met with Nazi Intelligence leader Reinhard Gehlen and promised him that his Intelligence unit was safe in the CIA. So to eliminate incriminating evidence and to convince the DOJ, Allen Dulles ordered to rewrite the scientist’s dossier. Military Intelligence “cleansed” the files of Nazi references.

By 1955, more than 760 German scientists had been granted citizenship in the U.S. and given significant positions in the American scientific community. Many had been longtime war criminal members of the Nazi party with crimes against humanity. Death doctors, chemists, and mind control psychologists of the Gestapo who used the slave labor and had conducted experiments on humans at concentration camps but fled the Court of Nuremberg. Trough Dulles, Nazi Intelligence unit of the cold-hearted crazy scientist was completely delivered to the CIA.”…”

“….After almost 70 years of the Third Reich, the children, and grandsons of Hitler’s army are among us obscured behind changed names, and we think we shouldn’t dig because the crime of the father should never condemn son. But what if sons and daughters are devoted to the ideology of fathers? Where are they? Who are they?

Besides, did you ever think what happens to illegitimate children of people in very high positions? Do you expect them to be poor and non-influential? Wouldn’t that secret mother blackmail the powerful father to guarantee her child, money, and power?

It’s time to do a full background check on all Nazi officers and relatives…”

20. spoogels says:

Martha Trowbridge is real:

Heres a long interview re the Nazi roots of the EU and Brexit

21. Janie M. says:

Happy Cursday. Frannie is a very good girl! 🙂 ❤️

22. Monticello says:

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
    Matthew 7:15 | NIV

Seems to apply to the resistance and Deep State as well.

Good morning treepers!

23. citizen817 says:

24. citizen817 says:

25. spoogels says:

“Good evening everybody. It is an honor to be here at my last, and perhaps the last White House correspondents’ dinner. You all look great. The end of the Republic has never looked better.”

The complete transcript of President Obama’s 2016 White House correspondents’ dinner speech

26. spoogels says:

Regardless of whether Mr. Mueller initially had the authority for his investigation into Russian Collusion, by statute found at 5 U.S. Code §3346 Mr. Mueller’s authority ended 210 days after he was appointed by Mr. Rosenstein.

That date was December 17, 2017, and every action taken by him thereafter is void.

See: 5 U.S.C. §3348(d)(“any function or duty of a vacant office’ performed by a person not properly serving under the statute shall have no force or effect.”)

• Monticello says:

I am not a lawyer but the special Counsel is not a “vacant” office.

The acting attorney general, Whittaker is filling a vacate office of the AG brought on by Sessions resignation…….for example.

Justice Scalia recognized in a dissenting opinion that a special Counsel (SC) s a political tool and reduces the role of the executive office branch of the government. A violation of separation of powers.

The irony is that Mulehead works for the President who could legally fire him at anytime.
      Politically the President probably would not survive firing the SC.
      Knowing this, (political dynamite to fire SC) when he appointed Mulehead makes Rosenstein a backstabber of the worst kind.

I repeat I am not a lawyer…. anyone better qualified want to chime in?

27. Dora says:

Robert Henri – Road to Corrymore 1913

28. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
    Revelation 22:12 (KJV)

29. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

30. Dora says:

Latinos celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

31. getfitnow says:

FTA – After a year rocked by the #MeToo movement and months of negotiations, Congress is on the verge of reforming its own sexual harassment regulations. House and Senate negotiators reached an agreement Wednesday to overhaul congressional regulations governing sexual harassment, clearing the way for a vote on the measure in both chambers over the next two weeks, before Congress adjourns for the year. Under the terms of the compromise announced Wednesday, members of Congress would be held personally liable for sexual harassment and retaliation settlements, requiring them to reimburse the Treasury.

32. Dora says:

How Abortion Has Weakened Our “Cultural Immune System” and Prepared the Way for Transgender Madness

– “A Virginia high-school teacher, Peter Vlaming, was fired on Thursday [December 6] after refusing to address a transgender student by the student’s preferred pronoun.”

– “But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
    “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here…”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

33. Dora says:

To tell you the truth, I am getting a bit nervous too. PDJT is only one man. How can he handle all the crap they are throwing at him?

Please keep praying for our president.

========

The Memo: Allies worry as Trump’s woes mount

Republicans, including some allies of President Trump, are worried that the White House is ill-prepared for the sea of troubles it is facing.

One GOP operative told The Hill the White House had “zero plan or interest” in developing an approach to deal with a radically changed landscape on Capitol Hill.

• Lucille says:

Just remember that EVERYTHING put out by media which is opposed to President Trump has as it’s sole purpose the creation of a wedge between the President and his supporters. All stories about “what will happen”, “he’s ill-prepared”, “can he survive”, and “will he keep his supporters in his camp” fall into this category. Don’t read any of it. Doubt creeping in can lead to ushering OUR President out.

The destruction of President Donald John Trump on every level is the goal. They want his removal, first and foremost; but the ruination of his personal life, his former business ventures, he himself, and his entire family will bring them the kind of rapture that only supreme evil provides to fools. And that kind of rapture, inspired by the Evil One, seeks to suck in the haters and destroy them, too. Such is the vicious hate that the Evil One places into the hearts and souls of everyone who follows him, unwitting though they may be.

Reject all such influences. Reject all such influencers, whoever they may be. They’re not seeking good but annihilation.

34. amwick says:

• amwick says:

I hope VSGPotus sees this.. Not that I expect it… he must get tagged on about a zillion tweets an hour.. but,
      ya never know.
      What I think is really nice, is that @Afbranco tweets a thank you when tweet one of his cartoons. I now think it is an automated response, but it is a nice touch… 🙂

35. Dora says:

I never get tired of listening to this one. It makes me feel peaceful.

36. westray hazzard says:

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Dear Lord, guide my thoughts, my attitudes, my words, and my actions that I may be a reflection of what you are doing in my life…that others will see this and choose to seek you of their own accord. All things are possible for the Glory of God!!!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“All things are possible for the Glory of God!!!”

AMEN!

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

The “good works” must be an outworking of the Holy Spirit in us after salvation in Christ’s finished work on the cross, not the energy of our flesh trying to merit or keep one’s salvation. Otherwise, what you are basically saying is Christ did not do enough for you, if your trying to add something else to it.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

1Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
      7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
      8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
      10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 ¶ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
      12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
      14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
      15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

• P says:

John 6:28-29
        28 Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered, and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye BELIEVE IN HIM, Whom He hath sent.

John 16:7-11
        7 Yet I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, that Comforter will not come unto you: but if I depart, I will send Him unto you,

8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

9 OF SIN, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED NOT IN ME:

10 Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye shall see Me no more.

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

The work of God that we are to work is to: BELIEVE in THE ONE WHOM THE FATHER SENT (i.e., Jesus/Yahshua)

The only sin that sends a person to hell (i.e., to eternal separation from God’s presence) is the sin of NOT BELIEVING IN God the Father’s ONLY BEGOTTEN SON (i.e., Jesus/Yahshua).

37. Monticello says:

Fox News’ Judge Napolitano: We Now Know Trump ‘Committed a Felony’ https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-judge-napolitano-we-now-know-trump-committed-a-felony?

Am I missing something? Cohen plead guilty to campaign finance violation for paying hush money?
    The President can contribute any amount he wishes to his own campaign and he reimbursed Cohen didn’t he? So that even if you accept the premise that the hush money was campaign contributions, (and I don’t accept that premise.), where is the violation of the campaign finance law?

Fox news has sullied themselves right into political activism after airing this and calling elections while the polls were still open in the midterms. Fox news is dead to me, will never watch it again!

38. Dora says:

39. railer says:

Greenspan on Maria right now. What a clown. He says the economy is “slow”, and that 2.5% GDP growth is coming in 2019 and this is “bad”, even though he spent years creating nothing better than that. He says we aren’t getting capital investment, because we don’t save enough, but this is the same guy who kept interest rates at 0% for 8 years, and buried the market in QE. He says capital investment is falling, but it’s up 10% this year and predicted to be up 7% next year. He says “productivity” growth is poor, but capital spending growth leads to productivity growth almost by definition.

This poor slob’s world view is being challenged and he can’t accept it, he’s simply incoherent. Maria is a nice gal and declined to confront him sharply , but it was obvious the guy is just mouthing the Goldman Sachs line and is completely severed from the real world.

• Lucille says:

He has to answer to Andrea when he gets home. Discount anything he says. He and spouse are anti-Trump all the way and everything is centered around PresidentTrump’s demise.

40. Zippy says:

41. Zippy says:

My absolute favorite rendition of my favorite Christmas song:

42. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton’s Testimony Before House Oversight Committee Regarding Clinton Foundation to be Live-Streamed

to be Live-Streamed

Fitton will provide details of Judicial Watch revelations concerning
    the Clinton Foundation pay-to-play scandal

Dear Judicial Watch Supporter,

I am pleased to inform you that the testimony of Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform’s Subcommittee on Government Operations, regarding the Clinton Foundation will be live-streamed at 2:00 today. The committee is chaired by Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC).

43. Dora says:

TRUDEAU’S ATTESTATION IS TOTALITARIAN EVIL

Will Canada’s Catholic bishops compromise the Faith and sign?

“The ‘rights’ to which employers had to pledge loyalty included access to abortion, LGBTTIQ and transgender ideology”.

44. Dora says:

45. Shrike says:

Has anyone ever seen a TV show called “Enlisted”? It aired on Fox in 2014, but got cancelled after one season. I started watching it on youtube, and its a great show. It’s set in a rear detachment unit in Florida. The main character was a supersoldier serving in Afghanistan, but got busted for hitting a superior, and demoted to the rear d unit where his misfit brothers also serve. It’s very funny but suddenly turns sombre in places. And for a comedy is surprisingly sensitive in dealing with PTSD. I really wish this show had lasted longer; would have loved to see how it would have progressed.

46. patrickhenrycensored says:

Alabama man spends two minutes lecturing his dogs for making a mess of his home before admitting he has to clean up himself as they ‘do not have any thumbs’

47. F.D.R. in Hell says:

48. czarowniczy says:

To those of you living in California – my sympathies again. It seems the state has found yet another way to generate taxes to feed the bottomless governmental pit – they plan to tax your texts! Seems that the old tax on voice calls crapped out as fewer voice calls versus texts were being used and rather than pare back spending they went out looking for new revenue sources.

At present it looks like just traditional texts will be taxed, those messages generated inside of other apps won’t be…yet. There’s a grocery cart full of potential loopholes the state has to deal with before iot can start tapping text tax but fear not, they’re burning the midnight oil on this one.

The irony, if we even have that any more, is that the revenue is to be used to fund the program that provides free phone service to the poor and disenfranchised. I wonder if recipients of the state’s phone largesse will be taxed for texts sent over their phones funded by text taxes?

• czarowniczy says:

OH WAIT! It’s not a ‘tax’, it’s a ‘fee/assessment’ like the ones you find stacked up on the bottom of your bill. Phew, makes me feel better.
      OH WAIT! They’re talking about making it five years retroactive!