An interesting legal development (full pdf below) in the aftermath of the mysterious FBI raid on protected FBI whistleblower Nate Cain. [Backstory]  The DOJ wants the details behind the search warrant to remain under seal, and the whistleblower target of that warrant -who was not arrested- is accusing the DOJ-FBI of being a police state:

[Tweet Link – – Daily Caller Story Link]

Something about this entire story is just not adding up.  The whistleblower came forward to the IG with information about how the FBI covered-up for the Clintons during investigations about the Clinton Foundation.  The IG gave the whistleblower protection, confirmed anonymity, and passed on his documentary evidence to the Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI).   Then the whistleblower gets raided.

From the outset the DOJ and IG claims don’t match the DOJ and FBI conduct.   Even Senator Chuck Grassley has questions.

Here’s the DOJ motion today to keep everything under seal:

This is the letter from Senator Grassley to Inspector General Horowitz.  Notably Grassley wasn’t asking FBI Director Chris Wray for the answers:

(Link to Grassley Letter)

Something sketchy is going on in the background of this story, it just doesn’t make sense.  Why raid the confirmed and IG protected whistleblower?

A possible explanation is that corrupt FBI and DOJ officials, the ones at risk from the evidence provided by the whistleblower, wanted to know what evidence Nate Cain had against them; what was their exposure; and the raid was an effort to protect their interests. That’s the alarming possibility.

However, if that cover-up or target motive is true  – the brazen nature of the operation is stunning; and the corrupt officials must really believe they are so above the law they can act without any concern. Obviously Nate Cain appears to be pointing in that direction.

Yikes.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, FBI, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized, Uranium One. Bookmark the permalink.

538 Responses to DOJ Wants Details of Mysterious FBI Raid on Protected IG Whistleblower Kept Secret – Target of Raid Says “Police State”…

1. Flubber says:

I’ve read speculation that this was a misdirection move or another Barium leak trap, but who the hell knows?

2. sundance says:

• starfcker says:

You had better have faith in God, Mr. Cain, because if you are putting any faith in President Trump’s Department of Justice or FBI that would be a big mistake

• singingsoul says:

starfcker this is not President Trump FBI and DOJ they have gone rough.
        They are no better than the Stasi was in the DDR.
        We all should be frightened but what they are doing is tyranny.

• Heika says:

crazy when you put it like that but so true! Yikes, what has happened for us to get here … that President Trumps DOJ and FBI are appearing as greater crooks than their predecessors. It smacks of the truth. Deep State has nothing to do with ‘president’ who is paper mache doll.. a mere prop for the public to ‘feel’ like they are in a democracy.

• Caius Lowell says:

Correction: President Obama’s Department of Justice or FBI — but I’m sure you know that…

• starfcker says:

• Caius Lowell says:

It would certainly have to be after the special council that Obama’s corrupt Democrats hung around his neck went away, because every time he tries to do anything with Obama’s corrupt DoJ and FBI, they threaten him with impeachment. Are you for real? Don’t waste my time.

• starfcker says:

We can take it down a notch. I’m not trying to cause you heartburn, and I’m certainly not trying to waste your time. This is festering, no question.

• starfcker says:

What if the special counsel doesn’t go away? I see no evidence that it will

• CEJ says:

I know I am in the minority as well, but I agree with you. At what point (after nearly 2 years), do we begin to call this President Trump’s FBI and President Trump’s DOJ? I’m tired, so very tired, with all of this. Only my faith in God has kept me going this far. I have heard the quote so often, “Justice delayed is justice denied,” and that is exactly what we are seeing here. I simply do not care if this was a trap sprung to catch a leaker. I want to see justice. I want to see indictments handed down, perp walks, and lawbreakers in prison for the rest of their lives. I want a United States that is what I recall in my youth for my grandchildren (yes, I know there were lawbreakers and a Deep State back then, but not nearly to this degree).

I voted for President Trump, and I love what he has done for the economy and so many other items that are far too lengthy to list here. However, Obamacare is still ever present, the illegal border crossings still continue, federal judges still believe they can legislate from the bench, and HRC still walks free, along with so many others, while those who risk their lives to to uncover the truth are left unprotected.

• kiskiminetas says:

Get a grip on yourself as there was never going to be a quick fix to the corrosive, corruptive mess that Trump dared to walk into. Anyone who thought/thinks taking back our country was going to be easy was gravely mistaken. Trust the man and trust his plan or just quit trusting him at all.

• vickitwi says:

I agree. I too love Trump and pray for him often. Now, I am praying that Jesus will bring Justice to our country with Revival. May the Spirit of God sweep over America with justice, salvation, and brotherhood in Jesus name I pray Amen

• Billygoat65 says:

Seems like Senator Warner and Burr have more influence over the DOJ/FBI than the President.

• Beau Geste says:

So, why doesn’t President Trump announce that he has requested an investigation of the origin, legality, and results of the raid on a US Citizen whistleblower. And he has directed the DOJ and FBI to release the Warrant, rather than seek its secrecy. He could file a motion as President, and amicus to the court,requesting that the court’s proceedings be public, and that the court not to hide the FBI behavior from the public. He could request Whittaker to do the same.

But he didn’t \. Why not? PDJT didn’t even tweet a whiny complaint. PDJT is not “recused” from .Hillary/uranium one/Clinton-foundation wrongdoing.

Did PDJT order this raid?

• Phflipper says:

“No, I disagree. Look, I know I’m pushing buttons here, but I’m doing it for a reason. If you disagree, answer one question. How many more years would it have to be before you would be comfortable calling it President Trump’s DOJ and FBI?”

Comey, Wray, Rosenstein, very little in the Trump presidency. Sessions was a bust and nothing to do with our president. Rank and file in either institution just are not revealing the Amerjcan way IMO.

Should both the DOJ and FBI be burned down, never rebuilt and replaced with law a d order… under president Trump, it is his to own as presidency goes.

Until then, IMHO, you know as I who owns this unlawful justice system we now live under. I’m not at all interested in arguing that which is as it is, at all.

• Leaving says:

Asking yourself (royal you) this question is a good thought exercise.

What public revelation, besides former officials going to jail, would you accept as evidence of Trump finally being in charge?

I’m not sure I know what the answer for me is.

• Doc says:

When Comey is in Prison.

• Teddy Blanchard says:

Preach!!! No one forced POTUS to hire sessions Whittaker and wray. That’s on him. His call to play footsie with RR. What happened to leverage????

• Hoosier_Friend? says:

I’m ready to dawn my yellow or ‘orange man’ vest. The time is coming that will try Men’s souls. And I damn near welcome it at this point.

• jackphatz says:

I’d say there is a high note of fear in this mans posting. It’s a shame he has to put himself out there like this.

• Sayit2016 says:

I did not interpreted as fear…it was more like … ” Are you kidding me ?”… I think having a strong faith in God, and knowing you are in his hands- there is a certain confidence. Yes, right NOW this is all the rage in DC– but too shall all pass away…

Proverbs 24:24-25
        Whoever says to the guilty, “You are innocent,” will be cursed by peoples and denounced by nations. But it will go well with those who convict the guilty, and rich blessing will come on them.

• Warrior says:

FBI=Famous But Incompetent. Corrupt at the top levels, incompetent at the street level.

3. Ziiggii says:

Now go look at those that run the FBI Field Office in Baltimore…

4. Sporty says:

The IG gave the whistleblower protection? I’m not sure I would feel protected by this turn of events.

• mr.piddles says:

Whistleblower protection provides a shield against adverse actions taken by the whistleblowee against the whistleblower. Firing, demoting, whatever. What else would it cover?

In any event, I wouldn’t think it precludes the FBI from raiding your home or office if there is a good reason to do so. In other words, it may fall perfectly within bounds of whistleblower protection proper, I don’t know.

Still, it does leave a sketchy taste in one’s mouth.

• seabrznsun says:

When the whistleblower is raided by the department they blow the whistle on I think that has to be out of bounds.

• All Too Much says:

Mr. Piddles. adverse employment action, correct?

• mr.piddles says:

Cain is a former FBI contractor. I think whistleblower protection IN GENERAL (not just FBI) is intended to provide protection against the employer basically punishing you for being honest. So, there’s a need to make the whistleblower feel protected in order for them to want to come forward. For example, the doctor that exposed the rampant corruption and incompetence at the VA a few years back basically ended up in some broom closet twiddling his thumbs. Now, I don’t know what other, deeper legal protection it might give you, for example in the case of the FBI.

• Suzanne says:

This would be the same IG that completely blew off Sheryl Atkisson when she handed him concrete forecsic evidence that the government (iirc it was DHS) was in her laptop. Not only that, after she handed her computer over to the FBI to “inspect” it, when they gave it back to her they had switched out her hard drive… the one she got back had a different serial number than was on the original… and Horowitz basically told her “nothing to see here” and that was that… so don’t be thinking Horowitz is a stand up guy

5. Ray Runge says:

AND, when does POTUS have a meeting with Director Wray to discern the logic and, strange enough, the legality of such a raid on the whistleblower?

• Suite D says:

Yes, Ray, blow your whistle at your own risk. Let’s support anyone willing to blow a whistle in this dangerous time when truth is being bludgeoned at every turn. MAGA!!!

6. Genie says:

Operation Crosshair Hate Cain.

7. YeahYouRight says:

Perhaps the whistleblower retained more evidence as his own insurance policy, and he was raided to recover what probably damns DOJ members of the deep state. They cannot allow commoners to hold leverage.

8. Rick Jones says:

FBI disgraces itself more every day

9. Bogeyfree says:

Simple question….

Director Wray reports to Whitaker right?

Whitaker reports to PT right?

This whistleblower and raid has zero to do with the SC Russian Collusion issue right?

So why can’t PT order Whitaker to release the reason for the raid?

I understand PT not able to get involved in FBI/DOJ affairs if it involves the Russian Collusion issue but what stops PT from providing Americans with some transparency on this raid?

10. mr.piddles says:

Positive spin: Clinton Foundation investigation is moving forward in a serious way. Due to the extremely sensitive nature of the investigation (there ultimately are Obama Admin implications, after all), and the possibility that there may actually be pending indictments (or at least the real possibility of such), the DOJ is trying to keep EVERYTHING under wraps. For a GOOD reason, that is. The potential explosiveness of “evidence that has been gathered” and related stuff referenced in the motion could be… pretty explosive.

And the motion does say: “[…] maintain the ability of the grand jury to investigate this matter […]”. So that makes me Warm And Fuzzy all over.

Again, Glass Half Full explanation.

• starfcker says:

Mr. Piddles I hope you’re right

• nimrodman says:

“… keep EVERYTHING under wraps. For a GOOD reason, that is.
      The potential explosiveness of … yada yada …”

Reminds me a bit of
      “because of the sensitivity of the matter”

Don’t think we ever got an explanation for what – exactly – that meant

And I’m not warm and fuzzily reassured by the current version (but thanks for voicing mr. piddles, appreciate your cup-half-full perspective)

History doesn’t repeat, but it does echo …

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Mr Piddles
      Another thing to possibly add to your “half full’ interpretation:

Cain must be assumed to have secreted copies of the material to safe places—-an insurance policy, if you will—making him a liability.

Yet there has been no preemptive media narrative generated about Cain as a whacked out conspiracy-theorist, misogynist who beats his dog. (He hasn’t been Kavanaughed)

Not yet at least.

“Half empty”: maybe that’s really what this raid was about, to gain materials to write that discrediting narrative.

• mr.piddles says:

“gain materials to write that discrediting narrative”

Oh, the mind swirls with the possibilities. One thing we do know: just about ANYTHING is possible with this DOJ/FBI crew.

11. justlizzyp says:

Since Cain had already handed everything over it doesn’t make sense that they might be trying to scare him off, but is it perhaps some kind of intimidation tactic against others who may be following up on it? It has been confirmed that this was a real FBI operation, not fake or rogue agents, right?

• mr.piddles says:

“Since Cain had already handed everything over”

I don’t think we know that.

• justlizzyp says:

That’s a good point, but I guess I can’t see why he would hold back from handing everything over in that ‘dead drop’ meeting. Not that I disagree, I just can’t see the strategic advantage to holding back. I’m not good at that kind of visualization – serious as can be, it’s a me thing not a challenge to you! Can you explain for me please?

• mr.piddles says:

There could simply be tidbits that protect him legally (e.g., if he’s later somehow “wrapped up” in whatever illegality that may have occurred). Whistleblowers aren’t always treated well, to be honest, despite their “protection”. And if the DOJ says “you broke the law”, because they have some motive to do so, then you’re being fed into the jaws of the Federal Justice System. And as we’ve seen, that can be a complicated and perilous life journey to negotiate.

All hypothetical, of course. We don’t have all the facts.

There was a quote once… can’t quite remember it… but it went something like: “The long arm of the law stretches far, and once you’re in it’s grasp it’s impossible to get out of it.” Or something like that.

• Joemama says:

If I was in his shoes, I would hold back some insurance, in case the first round of revelations got swept under the rug.

• mr.piddles says:

Given the gravity of the situation at hand, you gotta assume the worst is coming your way. I mean Snowden skipped the country entirely! :^)

• DoggyDaddy says:

Like Whittaker Chambers’ “pumpkin papers”…he hid his “insurance” in a hollowed-out pumpkin in the pumpkin patch on his farm. When the FBI ransacked his place, they never thought to look in the pumpkin patch so they never found his documents. [If you Treepers are looking for a great Christmas read, get Chambers’ book WITNESS…it’s amazing!]

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Since Cain had already handed everything over

Two ways to interpret this.
      1) Did he hold back some additional information?
      2) Did he turn over ALL COPIES of the information he did have..

Either way…….to quote a great American patriot and Purple Heart nominee……

It would be “an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40”

BTW: Anyone know Cain’s age??

• justlizzyp says:

I guess I’m so unimaginative and naive that if I were in a whistleblower position, I’d probably gladly hand everything over and be relived that it was over. Sounds like I need to wise up!

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

As far as I can tell…….the whistleblower came forward of his own volition on Nov 30 (11 days after the raid) to a “friendly” media outlet ,The Daily Caller. It’s noted in the motion.
          (Note: NOT WaPo or NYT or CNN, etc)
          This wasn’t the result of an investigative reporter sniffing out a lead and “breaking” a story.

Seems Cain may have been worried about his safety and wanted the protection afforded by the spotlight.

12. “Hey Director Wray – Donald here. You, Hur and Wallner will be at the White House no later than 0700 tomorrow morning. Senator Grassley will be in attendance and our conversations will be recorded. Just to be safe, don’t pack your lunch for tomorrow. Sleep tight.”

13. avi says:

Yes it is, just look at what Gestapo Chief Müller has done.

14. the odd malcontent says:

Isn’t it time Homeland Security raided FBI Headquarters in Washington?

15. avi says:

maybe Rodentstein approved it behind Whittikers back.

16. The same FBI that gave us the Freak Comey, Petey Strozk and all the other thugs with badges who have been running a reign of terror in our country. These dirt bags are out of control. Time to put them down like the rabid jackals they are.

17. Drain the swamp! says:

Drain the swamp!

18. Madmax110 says:

Totally out of control. Time for a agency enema.

• gsonFIT says:

Texas Rangers and Royal Mounted Police seem far more Just and less political. Both of these group have horses in their heritage. FBI/DOJ resort to the same thuggery as the criminals they chase, but their guns are issued by the good guys. Maybe our Federales need a background in horses instead of coup d’etat

19. PMadison says:

It was a power play. The same reason the cartels dump bags of severed heads on the streets. It’s a warning to anyone getting itchy for justice that the all powerful secret police will make life very difficult or impossible if you cross them.

20. SalixVeridi says:

Who exactly authorized the raid? Wray? Who gave them the power to do this?

• Leaving says:

According to ziggie (who SD posted), the Baltimore office green lit it. Ziggie’s background search showed some sketchy connections.

(So much for the “to put docs under wraps for the GJ against the CF theory)

21. SHV says:

Has the FBI ever been not politicized and corrupt? The meme of good people with poor leadership is getting a bit tired. Seems to me that the FBI has been and is a major attractor for narcissistic thugs.

22. Whitaker is like Jeff Sessions. He is doing things, but he is not running the DOJ. In his possible defense, he may have been told not to do anything until new leadership arrives (I don’t know the politics).

No one has been in charge of the DOJ since Sessions took over except Obama holdovers. Nothing will change until an aggressive reformer AG is appointed and approved by the senate.

The solution is to change hiring policies at DOJ and FBI. Right now, democrats are in charge and their people are put in all of these positions. Their people are promoted. The head positions that Trump can appoint have been ineffective at rooting out bias and corruption. Instead of reforming, they looked to current staff to continue their great Obama work at Justice and FBI.

These departments must be cleansed (include IRS and State department as well).

23. jeans2nd says:

The FBI is pulling the same stunt they pulled on other whistleblowers such as Bill Binney, Ray McGovern, and John Kiriaku. The FBI will say Mr Cain retained “classified” documents at his home, which is against the law. Problem is, odds are none of the info Mr Cain retained is classified, but is open source, just like the docs retained by Bill Binney et al.

Same tactics, different names.
    How many times must we see this before we all call it what it is – Police State?

24. DT2020 says:

El Chapo trial US attorneys forbid inclusion or reference to anything concerning Fast and Furious

READ COURT FILING HERE>> https://www.scribd.com/document/395398592/Chapo-Trial-Fast-and-Furious#from_embed

If someone has a more direct line to SD I think it might be of interest to him

25. DT2020 says:

26. Vor Daj says:

The German for Police State is Gestapo and that is exactly what the disgrace to the nation called the FBI is. Every employee of the FBI works for a criminal organization and that is no longer even debatable.

27. cripto says:

1). The Court’s response to the DC confirms there is an ‘ongoing investigation’ into U1 and Clinton Foundation.
    2). Sen Grassley confirms the documents were sent to the IG first, then to the joint congressional Intel committees. He wants his committee, Judiciary, to have the info also.

Beyond that just speculation.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

It says there is an “ongoing investigation” it doesn’t say into what.
      Not one mention of CF or U1.

What is mentioned?

“Ongoing investigation”
      “Sources and methods”
      “Classified material”

Where have I heard that before?

I’ve got 1000 lbs if that shit shoveled into my overflowing 5 lb bag

28. Anonymous says:

FBI violates federal whistleblower law and it should be kept secret? (Did Comey come up with that one?)

29. SalixVeridi says:

How much power do the Clintons have? Just wonderin’

• mr.piddles says:

It’s not that the Clintons have the power to call the shots, per se (maybe in “the old days”, for sure). It’s that the Obama Administration has some level of exposure, and there is a great level of effort afoot to protect his Administration and related entities. ***I THINK***. For example, Uranium One. I think everybody hates the Clintons, to be honest. Not the least of which Barak Obama and his wife. Or so we’ve been told.

• elmo says:

All I can think of are the bodies of people who were ready to testify against the Clintons. Pretty scary to have so much power.

30. trapper says:

“However, if that cover-up or target motive is true – the brazen nature of the operation is stunning; and the corrupt officials must really believe they are so above the law they can act without any concern.”

What I think I see is not an attitude of being above the law, but blind desperation to find out by any means at their disposal just how bad it is for them. What all did he have? What do they have to come up with a story to cover?

Beat the weeds like crazy, then stop and wait … wait … and eventually the birds panic and flush. They flushed. Any Carter Page type tracking devices/bugs planted in those materials the FBI took? Did they think to scan it? All of it? The boxes too? Oh shit!

We’ve got some hardcore pro spooks on our side too.

31. GB Bari says:

A lot of unanswered questions are continuing to accumulate on this and the exiting unresolved BHO Admin/weaponized LEA and HRC scandals.

I do not see a solution taking shape yet, at least that one that is publicly visible. I personaly have never seen this much apparent unlawfulness by the federal government and such a blatantly two-tiered justice system since I’ve became aware of politics in the ’60s.

I am very patient, but admit that my Cold Anger keeps building.

32. ATheoK says:

president Trump and Senator Chuck Grassley should demand a chain of command list authorizing that raid.

Then fire everyone on that list, with prejudice.
    Every one of authority that allowed this travesty to happen is culpable. By terminating every willing participant, President Trump destroy a branch of the swamp.

Then discipline the agents leading and performing the raid.
    That will start reinforcing DOJ ethical standards; especially the one where officer of the law are not allowed to break the law!

33. Vor Daj says:

I, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, will tell you all something. Those FBI Agents all think they are better than I am. And the rest of you too! Where I came from, if one was a low and mean SOB and did not want to actually work for a living, one joined the FBI or became an ordinary criminal. They chose their way, I chose mine. Mine was harder! I don’t remember for how long, but I tried the FBI path, I tried, but it was no good! My standards may be low but I do have some minimal standards anyway. Now I am going to tell them all something ….. … they joined the FBI because they are too cowardly to lie, cheat, frame and terrorize people the hard way without having the so called DOJ to hide behind.

34. It appears the answer is in SD’s second paragraph. SSCI

Warner at it again making criminal referrals in order to protect all their butts.

• madeline says:

When I read that the IG gave the whistleblower info to the SSCI my first thought is they (SSCI) caused this to happen, either protection for themselves or the CF.

35. seabrznsun says:

Im struck but the words “factual assumptions” in the 1st sentence of the second paragraph of the DOJ motion to suppress the request. What is a factual assumption?
    Anyway, the signing Judge is a Robert K Hur. He’s a protege of Rosentein’s. That speaks volumes to me. He came in under President Trump.

• Alligator Gar says:

Remember, as I have posted the link many times, Sessions fired Rodentstain, but the President refused to accept Rodentstain’s resignation. Now Rodentstain is up to his ears in this mess through the use of one of his cronies, this Hur character, who ALSO was appointed by the President.

At this point, I have to ask with Mama Aretha: “Who’s zooming who?”

36. Republicanvet91 says:

Hmmm. Cain was the former employee of an FBI contractor. Seems he saw enough as an FBI contractor to turn whistleblower.

…as opposed to all those hard working rank and file who likely saw the same things. And did nothing.

37. AccountabilityPlease says:

If the FBI and DOJ don’t restore some transparency ASAP, they’re going to undermine any faith the public has left in them.

• SalixVeridi says:

Sadly, your statement would only apply to people like us here at CTH. There are millions of Americans who voted for HRC and despise PDJT, who could care less about the FBI and DOJ, unless it impacts *Their Favorite Candidate*.

38. RJones says:

Leak test or cover up? Who benefits from getting the info?

Doesn’t seem like the requestir would be a friend of Clinton since her Congress friends could more easily be extorted. No, the person requesting this raid is someone lacking friends in Congress.

Grassley should be told and I’m happy to accept his judgement on the matter.

Would LOVE to know why his letter went to Horowitz and not Wray.

39. Suzanne says:

If they’re going to take down our President I hope he takes them down with him

40. sunnydaze says:

Wonder how many decent FBI people there actually are.

I’m assuming there are more than a few, and they are aware of the corruption in the agency.

How cool would it be if they all came forward – at once! Like a revolt in the agency.

41. Suzanne says:

I’m not convinced this raid was to find out how exposed they are since the documents went to the Senate intelligence committee so Warner probably gave it to them as soon as it arrived. I think the FBI did it as a threat telling anyone else contemplating whistle blowing just exactly what will be in store for them should they choose to go down that road

• jackphatz says:

See, I can see this as the real motive here. The Dimm’s do not want more surprises so best to cut it at the knees now before more of the truth gets in the hands of the good guys.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Be interesting to find out WHEN Horowitz released these documents to the Intel Committees as he apparently was first contacted by the whistleblower in late summer sometime.

In other words, how many days before the raid on Nov 19 did the IG give these to HPSCI and SSCI?

42. Lactantius says:

Sundance writes: ….the brazen nature of the operation is stunning; and the corrupt officials must really believe they are so above the law they can act without any concern. Rats in desertion mode will even turn to cannibalism. It is not a strategy, it is a reaction to stress. When one has lived a long time on the precipice of being too clever, it becomes “logical” to bull one’s way through the rules and firewalls and flame out.

As I understand it, Prosecutor Huber has been on the Clinton Foundation since Sessions appointed him. If Huber has been conducting an investigation of the Clinton follies it would have the “balancing” effect of offsetting the “show-investigation” by the Mueller dog and pony show. A politically neutral DOJ should be ready to indict all political wrong-doers, not just the ones targeted by a special counsel.

What are the deep swampers at the DOJ going to do? Throw up barricades and declare themselves independent of the rule of law? Sundance notes: The IG gave the whistleblower protection, confirmed anonymity, and passed on his documentary evidence to the Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI). Translation: Forget the FBI, The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is in command. In my view, that hog-ties the DOJ deep swamp.

If war breaks out between the FBI and the USMS, Katy bar the door. Whitacker, Huber, IG Horowitz and POTUS would not likely be swayed by political ass-covering cosmetics.

• Dutchman says:

Huber STILL hadn’t talked to the FBI informant, represented by Joe Digenovas wife, up till a couple of weeks ago, despite it being ‘out there’, the info he has.
      I well understand the policy of neither confirming nor denying an investigation, until you are ready to indict, but I am ASSUMING Huber was a head fake, UNTIL I see otherwise.

43. Vor Daj says:

The Democrats hand maidens, the FBI/DOJ/CIA, have been conducting a Rolling Pearl Harbor against America for a while now and still are. They are every bit as treacherous and every bit the enemy as the Japanese were, but at least the Japanese were reformable whilst the FBI/DOJ/CIA don’t seem to be at all.

44. Mason3000 says:

“The IG gave the whistleblower protection, confirmed anonymity, and passed on his documentary evidence to the Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI). Then the whistleblower gets raided.”

MmmmmmHmmmmmm….

45. emet says:

Fed search warrants are served between 0600 and 2200, unless some special circumstance like armed drud dealers. What could justify a low-risk warrant at 0300? Did agents leave a copy of warrant, or did Mr. Cain ask to see it? Did agents leave a receipt/chain for what thay took? Supposed to. It used to be that when the FBI served a warrant I would think “wonder what he did?”, now unfortunately I think “what is the FBI up to?”

46. If we are to believe that the “rank & file” are good, honest patriots, then what we have is a rogue group that may operate and report to Comey et al. But since Comey is outside the FBI (or is he?) now, then how can this team operate, and get cover to operate??? I smell Biggy Rat and Itchy Brother here. Looks like a Federal Agency that has fractured into fiefdoms. Time to get really nervous.

• Vor Daj says:

“If we are to believe that the “rank & file” are good, honest patriots, then “

…. we must also believe in Flying Unicorns ans Magic Genies.

• sunnydaze says:

…” But since Comey is outside the FBI (or is he?) “…..

It’s kind of hard to imagine that the “Head” of a truly corrupt group, ever goes out of power with the group, as long as they’re still alive, isn’t it?

And at this point, the FBI certainly does seem truly corrupt. So it’s hard to imagine that Comey doesn’t have their ear.

• RICHARD CANARY says:

Is that kind of like Obama continuing to have a job in the subversion of America, simply because his bosses in Saudi Arabia are still in charge of him?

47. jackphatz says:

Ok, what’s the worse that could happen to these FIB & JOD (Joke Of the Day) once it all comes out how heavily Obama was behind the spying, etc? Obviously there are people becoming involved who never were in the first place. John Brennan is over the top with his Twitter outbursts against Trump which only draws more attention to him (unless that’s a plan). So what happens now. At some point the evidence is going to glaringly point to Obama, rightfully. Wouldn’t you think some of these “folk’s” would want to be far, far away when that happens?

Is the Comey / Hillary’s server boondoggle supposed to drag out to keep us away from the real prize, Obama’s spying?

48. joebkonobi says:

If history is any guide, I would guess now the FBI will have an “open investigation” on Mr. Cain for some fabricated crime and all the evidence, including evidence regarding Uranium 1 will continue to be sealed and not available for public consumption because of an “ongoing investigation”, never to see the light of day. They play has worked for 3 years, why wouldn’t they run it again. Betcha the upcoming Huber testimony to Congress is cancelled or severely curtailed..

49. jhynds says:

Which judge signed the search warrent?

50. Vor Daj says:

You see my kind of loyalty was loyalty to one’s country, not to its institutions. The country is the real thing, the substantial thing, the eternal thing; it is the thing to watch over, and care for, and be loyal to; institutions are extraneous, they are its mere clothing, and clothing can wear out, become ragged, cease to be comfortable, cease to protect the body from winter, disease, and death.

To be loyal to rags, to shout for rags, to worship rags, to die for rags–this is loyalty to unreason; it belongs to monarchy, was invented by monarchy; let monarchy keep it.
    – Mark Twain