Monday October 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

203 Responses to Monday October 15th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, October 15, 2018

“Mighty To Save”

2. Lucille says:

May your Monday be all you need it to be…God bless!

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Triumphal Entry — Past Or Future?

Did our Lord actually ride in triumph into Jerusalem to become King of the Church? Or is His true triumph still to come?

True, the townspeople cried: “Hosanna! Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord” (John 12:12,13). But Jesus responded by entering the city, riding “an ass’s colt” (Verses 14,15). Surely this was not a very regal sight! Once before, when He knew that they “would come and take Him by force to make Him a King, He departed…into a mountain Himself alone” (John 6:15).

He knew that it was not yet time for Him to reign. First must come the cross, then the throne. Zechariah had prophesied of this entry into Jerusalem, saying: “Behold thy King!” Look at Him! and then he describes His entrance: “Lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt, the foal of an ass” (Zech.9:9).

At this entry, “When He was come near, He beheld the city, and wept over it” (Luke 19:41). At this entry He entered into the temple, looked about and went out again (Mark 11:11). It was His Father’s house, but He could not worship there. It had become a den of thieves. No, this was no triumphal entry. Look at Him, meek, lowly, riding on an ass’s colt, and then see Him coming again as Revelation 19:11-16 describes it. How different the symbolism!

Once meek, lowly, and “having salvation.” Now, “in righteousness doth He judge and make war.” Once, riding “an ass’s colt.” Now, “Behold! a white horse!” And those eyes, once filled with tears are now “as a flame of fire.”

Our Lord’s true triumphal entry is still future. According to prophecy He will come again, put down all rebellion against Himself, and reign in glory and power. Thank God He has not yet done so! In love He still points to Calvary, where He died for our sins and offers us the riches of His grace.

“Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification” (Rom.4:25).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

John 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
    13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
    14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
    15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt.

John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,

Mark 11:11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

4. citizen817 says:

REFLECTING ON A BURNING WINTER’S SUNRISE – LOOKOUT LAKE, MEDICINE BOW WYOMING.

5. citizen817 says:

At first glance, you see a father standing in a field with his son, but there is so much more. Placing his arm tenderly over the shoulder of his son, the father acts as a mentor. Standing together in the field, the son humbly listens to his father. Their heads are bowed as if in prayer. Looking further into the distance, you can see a mother holding her infant son. The daughter brings a pitcher of water, and the younger son runs eagerly to his father across the field. But most importantly, far off in the distance, there a symbolic element of the divine, as sunlight breaks through the clouds, flooding the sky with a soft warm light. For me, this light represents God . hand in our lives; particularly in the development of our children. He is the one who truly plants ;seeds of greatness, when he places these children in our homes.

6. Antonov AN-124 Ruslan
    @IND tarmac over a weekend

Funny, the pilots buy lots of dog food and electronics for the return flight home.

• rrick says:

What was meant as a quick turn turned into a delay as I had arrived just before an AN-225. After watching the beast land and taxi I coaxed a lineman to drive me across the airport so I could watch fueling and stand next to it. The aircraft lends a new definition to the word huge. Just as a reference the bogie wheels on the main gear stand five feet tall or so.

I’ve also talked with the Russian crew of a -124 and as you say, they are eager to load up on things they either cannot get at home or in the quantity they desire or at what is a discounted price relative to what they would pay elsewhere. Both crews, the -225 and the -124 were very happy to fly all around the world in their special aircraft. Very nice folks.

• The tires were not that big on this thing, just A LOT of ’em, all but 1 kid was taller than the tires.
        Yes, this redefined HUGE in my mind.
        What I was shocked at was it had more oil under the gear than a old school Harley, where if there wasn’t oil under it, you better put some in cause you are out of oil.
        I’m not a A&P technician, but I don’t think that would pass a USA inspection.

• dbethd says:

A coworker married a lady from Ukraine, and he told a story of her first shopping trip to the grocery store. She was shocked by the numerous potato chip options. In her home country, they would have only 2-3 potato chip options.

• Janie M. says:

dbeth, the best reaction I ever saw to the abundant varieties of food we have in our grocery stores was in a movie, “Moscow On the Hudson.” Robin Williams was a Russian circus performer who defected, with a few other Russians, when his troupe was performing in NYC ( I believe – it’s been a few years). He was taken to a store by Americans he had befriended and was standing in front of massive shelves of coffee; became so overwhelmed, he passed out. Definitely a movie worth watching.

7. citizen817 says:

8. New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

🙏🏼
    God bless us, every one.

9. Matrony says:

Verse of the Day
    “How great You are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like You, and there is no God but You, as we have heard with our own ears.
    2 Samuel 7:22 NIV BibleGateway.com

10. MaryfromMarin says:

Excellent review/reflection:

The Gosnell Movie: A Context

• millwright says:

I suppose some might consider the leaves “dead” . I, OTOH, think of them as the ‘summer’s harvest’ of color and abundence now being gathered in cheerful display to feed the manifold numbers of god’s critters over the winter and provide promise of a spring tonic for next year’s colorful display !

11. nwtex says:

The intro is just short of one min.

• sobriquet4u says:

I love this group and will add to my playlist to join Kristene Di Marco. I love watching the devotion of these young folks. It gives me hope.

• nwtex says:

Isn’t it just the best to see that generation praising Jesus! It gives me hope for the future that’s for sure. I just wish the msm would put light on what is going on.
        On that note…….iirc Justin Beiber (sp) attends Hillsong services!!! ❤
        And it has been mentioned on some of the "entertainment" tv programs i.e. the ugh TMZ for one.

12. F.D.R. in Hell says:

A friendly reminder…

13. Garrison Hall says:

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Nice. I won’t mind youtube “suggesting” other material to me that was done by Alison Krauss and Union Station. Their algorithm seems to think that if you click on something posted on a blog that you want to fill your life with that subject afterwards.

14. Compassionate Creator, we believe you have given the animals of the world as our companions and helpers. Help us to remember your love for all creatures, to grow in our care for all animals, and to find here signs of your presence. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen. *

* https://catholicrurallife.org/resources/spiritual/calendar-of-blessings/10-october-blessing-of-animals/

15. Seeing strong free hearts lighting the flame of hope as seen in the faces of children.

16. Lucille says:

Interesting…I just put into the Google search engine the following: “What are the major” and meaning to complete the question re what are the majors required at West Point. Before I could finish my question, up popped: “What are the major holidays of Islam” as one of the suggestions as to what I was looking for.

Mmmm…you think maybe it’s true that Google is giving preferential treatment to the ROP?

• Sepp says:

Thanks, Lucille.

• Lucille says:

Yes, indeed, they’re trying to force that political religion into our consciousness on a daily basis.

• Teagan says:

Yes, just like “they” have forced what many would call a perverted lifestyle as entirely normal…it’s okay a biological male just won the women’s cycling championship…it’s okay for transgenders or bi-sexuals to openly run for public office and for the make Chief of Police to wear dresses to work, it’s okay to have every ad now feature a black/white couple, it’s okay for “witches” to publicly try to hex the new SC Justice, etc. Some are subtle and others, as you say, are nothing but forceful, in your face propaganda, into our daily consciousness.

17. rrick says:

Phone scammers have become ever more clever. Read this and be amazed. Tell your family and friends.

• amwick says:

I received one call that sounded very official, a virus had been traced back to my computer and Microsoft was going to shut it down unless I paid to have it cleaned up somehow… I only had a day to decide, blah blah blah…. I just hung up…
      I also got the IRS call,,, the one that claims they are coming to make an arrest… blah blah blah..
      What ticked me off is that I tried to report the IRS scam, no one “official” was interested.. 😦

18. Sepp says:

Twelve short, clear paragraphs that lovingly and affirmatively teach

“The Study of Holy Scripture”

since the early decades of the Church.

“Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.”
    Colossians 3:16

• A.D. Everard says:

I need this sign up on my wall.

Do it ❤

• nwtex says:

I have a wonderful little book, which, unfortunately, I believe is out of print now, that is full
        of little reminders from God.
        I’ll share two here—

“Don’t fear the future. I’m already there- Love,God”
        “Give me your worries. I’ll be up all night anyway- Love, God”

Sweet blessings, huh.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“reminders from God”

In the first three chapters of the book of Ephesians, there are at least 30 things that God has done for us through our Lord Jesus Christ. All believers in the dispensation of grace have these as present possessions, but you will never know about them unless you read the verses and believe the word of God.

1Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

• A.D. Everard says:

Thank you Nwtes, I shall add those in! Could I ask the name of the little book? I might get lucky in a search for it. Is it “Little Reminders from God”? I can start with that anyway… Thank you again.

• nwtex says:

A.D.—– Here ya go. I wish you luck on your quest. However, I must tell you, it was published in 2001….so dunno. I WILL say a prayer tho, that’s for sure.

Here’s another word from Him—
            “Some things break my heart too, Love God

Actually I just remembered that I have a devotional as well. I'll look for it in a sec and let you know the title I believe it is the same tho. I'll let you know.

• nwtex says:

This, the devotional, was published in 2000.

“Feeling down? Just look up – God”

“Miss you–God”

A link to another site–

• A.D. Everard says:

Bless you, bless you, bless you! Thank you so much! I shall let you know how I go. 😀

• nwtex says:

❤ You are more than welcome, A.D.
                “Keep using My name in vain, I’ll make rush hour even longer. —God”

• nwtex says:

Hey what happened. I wrote more that what is posted (the 1:29am comment) ummm.

I was saying that with every message from Him there are there are 4-5 scripture verses that references what He has said. For example…. with what I posted above re “….taking His name in vain”

The passages used were:

Ex 20:7
                  Matt 5:34-37
                  Lev 19:12 (the living Bible version)
                  Ps:139-20

As noted in the book all scripture quotations are taken from the NIV unless indicated otherwise.

Oh! I know why stuff was missing from the above comment…..because I put an asterisk in front of every Scripture reference. duh! I guess that tells WP to erase. Learning the hard way 😉

• A.D. Everard says:

Yah! I got a 2nd copy of the first one (Promises for Living) and ordered it from the USA! Should arrive here in about two weeks. THANK YOU. 😀

• A.D. Everard says:

That should read “2nd hand copy”. All good. I like pre-loved. 🙂

• nwtex says:

The Lord must have put it aside just for you!!!
                  He has things to tell you.
                  I love it!!!!

• nwtex says:

Boy, you were determined. Excellent! The book will be a blessing to you, of that I am sure.

Australia! ahhhh the wonders of the internet, eh. Nice to meet you.

Hope you have somewhat more peaceful political climate around you than we do. It’s non stop nutz here, as you have witnessed. Do the folks around you pay attention to our trials and tribulations? Your media couldn’t be as biased as what we have, I hope anyway.

OMGosh! That is so great! I am verrry happy for you A.D.!!! ❤

• A.D. Everard says:

It says “meant” to me. I’m thrilled. The Amazon links you gave me said they did not deliver to Australia (nope, I don’t understand that either). So I tried The Book Depository of the UK. They didn’t have any, but automatically suggested I try ABE books – and there I found a handful of copies, some from the USA happy to ship to Australia. My luck is in! Yay! 😀

• A.D. Everard says:

The Left here are as bad as they are in the rest of the Western world and globalism was on the cards. But President Trump is making a big difference everywhere – which is why I “live” in the treehouse and in the evenings watch Dobbs, Tucker Carlson Hannity and others via Youtube. We are HOOKED. You guys have got it all happening there and it is VERY important.

As for the locals, fortunately we are deep in the country where sanity still reigns. We only go into town once a month (two hours away, one way). And we don’t watch the msm.

The locals honk and wave at us because we have a flag fluttering from our flagpole in our yard every day, so patriotism is high here and so is respect for our flag. I wish you could pop in for a beer or a glass of wine. I owe you one.

• A.D. Everard says:

“The Lord must have put it aside just for you!!! ❤
              He has things to tell you.
              I love it!!!!”

You are right! More than you know! I am blessed. 😀

You know that He guided your relentless search, right ❤

A.D.You are now on my prayer list!

• nwtex says:

We ran out of comment spaces so I’m up here somewhere. Just want you to know that I did read all your comments. That’s quite a trek into town, oh, boy. Well, good for you “far from the maddening crowd” as they say….it must be wonderful….clean fresh air and all.

Must say your “….I “live” in the treehouse….” cracked me up. Funny!

You will enjoy the book and perhaps, at some point, you will be interested in the “devotional”.
                Again, you are in my prayers.

• A.D. Everard says:

Yes indeed, I am already interested in the devotional. Due to limited funds I can only get one at a time. As I have been so wonderfully graced with the first one, I am hopeful when the time comes I will be graced with the second. 😀

Oh, and for anyone out there also looking for a copy, I had no results show until I included “Honor Books” as the publishers in the search criteria, which I got from your Amazon links.

Thank you again. You have been most kind and helpful and caring. People like you make this blog site a community, which is one of the reasons I am in here every day.

re:
                A.D. Everard says:
                October 16, 2018 at 1:45 pm
                ~~~
                You are most welcome A.D. I know the book will be a blessing to you. And, as I said before, you are on my prayer list. ❤

• nwtex says:

Hey, A.V. Look what I found. I haven’t read thru this yet, so dunno, but it may be gold 😉

History

[…]1999 Newspaper clipping from Rhode Island featuring “I love you, I love you, I love you. – God” billboard.

The history of GodSpeaks begins in 1998, when an anonymous donor contacted an advertising agency with this idea for a local billboard campaign that would get people thinking about God. The vision was set and the messages were created, establishing a concept that had never before been done. A series of billboards would be put up with simple, easy-to-read messages in white type against a black board, all with quotes “signed” by God.

The donor wanted no logo, address, website or phone number published. He wanted just straight forward messages that would rightly represent the God of the Bible. Their intention was to spark thoughts in readers’ minds about God and His great love for them. […]

• A.D. Everard says:

I cannot thank you enough. I have bookmarked this site. This looks very helpful to me. The funny thing is, during the evening BEFORE you and I got talking, I wanted to ask the tree house for a Christian site that someone, anyone, could recommend. I did not ask it because I didn’t know how to phrase it and I thought it would invite so many answers that it would all be too much and too confusing.

Yet there you were. And here you are now with the very thing I wanted to ask for, yet didn’t.

God is at work behind all this, I have no doubt at all. I am new to the Bible. New to finding God. I started reading the King James Bible only this year (after a horrible and traumatic 2017). My heart and soul hurts still and I had a hard time with it. I didn’t get very far at first, though I desperately wanted to.

Then, from the tree house, I learned about Thru the Bible and a five-year Bible study course, free, with Dr Vernon McGee. I downloaded it and I’m working through it with him for the most part on a daily basis. It’s much easier to take in with his insights, he is a good teacher, a good preacher and I am learning.

Thank you for talking with me and sharing with me. I am rather blown away at how God has reached me through your voice. It all tells me I am indeed on the right track.

• nwtex says:

It’s my pleasure and joy. God’s timing IS perfect. He will continue to walk with you, I’m sure you know that ❤ Be blessed A.D. See ya around the Tree 😎

19. nwtex says:

Good man. Must be a cowboy 😉

20. nwtex says:

?!

BHScanner@BHScanner
    LAX UPDATE: Skywest plane with a left engine fire on approach.
    9:11 PM – 14 Oct 2018

—-

BHScanner@BHScanner
    LAX: Another plane on approach w/ unknown issue. LAFD full assignment responding.
    9:19 PM – 14 Oct 2018

21. nwtex says:

22. Jay Currie says:

My friend, Br. John, a Dominican monk, needs help.

Here is the direct link: https://www.gofundme.com/suitable-accommodation

Here is my post: https://wp.me/p2uCzT-UV

Br. John is a man of God. Crazy, left wing, Man of God: but deeply our Saviour’s servant.

It would dive him crazy to know that a whole bunch of conservative Christians filled up his Go-Fund-Me. Which would make me smile and would let a servant of God rest easy. Give if you can.

23. nwtex says:

24. nwtex says:

Eric Bolling🇺🇸

@ericbolling

AMericA🇺🇸 a political talk show taped live from an actual working Capitol Hill Hotel Lobby Bar w/ host Eric Bolling that gives viewers outside the Beltway a better understanding of what’s REALLY going on inside the DC Swamp and its impact close to homehttp://Crtv.com/eric
    11:55 AM – Jun 26, 2018
    Eric Bolling on CRTV

Be bold, be brash, be America. Bolling is back with the show the MSM wouldn’t put on cable TV. It’s time for America to toughen up, stop whining, and get to work. It’s America with Eric Bolling, only…
    get.crtv.com

25. nwtex says:

FOX & friends
    ‏Verified account @foxandfriends
    3m

Alec Baldwin calls for ‘overthrow’ of Trump at Dem fundraiser in New Hampshire

• amwick says:

Well, he said to do it in a lawful way… which is not really possible. Really bad wording on his part. really bad.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Alec Baldwin calls for ‘overthrow’”

I have had nothing to do with him since he called for Rep. Henry Hyde to be taken out and lynched for conducting his lawful duties during the impeachment of WJC. No movies, no SNL skits -NOTHING.

26. nwtex says:

Oh, dear. The last marble just rolled out of her head.

• Jim in TN says:

Well, she does have a lot to choose from.
      Let’s see, one that does not involve state troopers, Gennifer is out,
      One that does not involve forcing himself on anyone, Paula and Kathleen are out,
      One that does not involve him being in a powerful position that can deliver goodies to supplicants,
      One that does not involve a subordinate, Monica is out,
      I think she must be referring to the energizer bunny, the blond that comes by when she is out of the house.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“The last marble just rolled out of her head.”

That look on her face in the picture sums up perfectly what goes on inside the head.

P r o v e r b s 30:20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

• piper567 says:

I just returned from my eyeDoc for an annual check-up.
        From the check-in desk hung a poster for NO on I-1639, the WA State latest proposed clamp-down on gun owners; there were Bibles in every waiting areas, and while I waited I found American Rifleman in the rack for my reading pleasure.
        WE are everywhere!

27. Dora says:

Mary Swanzy (1882-1979) Ebb Tide (1941).

Swanzy has been called the most distinguished Irish artist of the 20th century, with her early work moving between the abstract genres of cubism and fauvism.

Swanzy’s later ‘war’ paintings captured the darkness that fell over Europe, and the world

• smiley says:

intense…great color sense and composition,and the strong drawing skill, like charicature…her style there looks more surreal than cubist or fauvist.

the figure reminds me of the dying swan in Swan Lake.

very dramatic.

28. smiley says:

in wildness is the preservation of the world

Eliot Porter ~ American (1901-1990) ~ Fine Art Photography ~ Nature

self-taught photographer, graduated with an M.D. from Harvard (1929)…started out doing only black & white photography til he met Alfred Stieglitz and exhibited at Stieglitz’ gallery 1939…from there, he started color photography, mastering the dye transfer process..

from one color slide, three negatives are made on panchromatic film…each is exposed thru different filters ~ red, green and blue.

those are color-separation negatives…from them, gelatin reliefs are made which absorb the dyes.

more about Porter and his process, here…

awesome clarity of detail and color in his work.

🙂

29. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
    Psalms 100:5 (KJV)

30. Les Standard says:

Classic Ferrari

31. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

32. nwtex says:

33. nwtex says:

Paula Jones@ThePaulaJones
    Replying to @ilyseh @Alyssa_Milano @vanitaguptaCR

Explain this opinion of my situation about what Bill Clinton did to me from Ford’s attorney! Total Hypocrisy! She owes me an apology now!

34. Dora says:

The critics don’t like it, but it’s a fun picture, given to the president by Rep. Issa. And he likes it. That’s what counts.

====

Trump Hangs ‘Tacky’ Fantasy Painting of Himself With GOP Presidents in White House

Rep. Darrell Issa gave the painting to Trump, who called artist Andy Thomas to say he really liked how he looked

• smiley says:

LOL

all in fun 😀

Kitsch “art or objects…in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality but appreciated in an ironic or knowing way…”

their heads all have that photoshop look..

who is the guy on the lower left ??

is that sposed to be GW ?

…or is it Perry Como ?

• Dave says:

Love it! Only criticism being PDJT does not drink alcohol. Looks like bourbon or scotch in front of him.

• Dora says:

According to the article . . .

“it shows a slimmed-down Trump sandwiched between Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, directly across from Abraham Lincoln. Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and both Bushes are also in the imaginary scene”.

No mention of Perry Como.

35. nwtex says:

Radio just said the President and First Lady will be leaving for the storm damaged areas in about 2 hrs. ❤ ❤

36. Dora says:

This is the democrats’ hero. I understand Hitler enjoyed her work too.

======

A Friend of Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger Ran a Concentration Camp Killing Blacks

For the past 100 years, Planned Parenthood has centered its work around one hugely flawed, unspoken belief that not all human beings are equal.

It began with the group’s founder, Margaret Sanger, a eugenicist who promoted sterilization and birth control to “weed out” human beings who the eugenics movement deemed “unfit.” Today, Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the U.S., killing approximately 320,000 unborn human lives every year.

37. nwtex says:

out……………………😴

38. nikkichico7 says:

Can You Trust Your Conscience?
    OCTOBER 15, 2018
    1 Timothy 1:18-19

“Let your conscience be your guide” is a well-known expression, but one that isn’t necessarily good advice. That’s because your moral compass is only as reliable as the principles you’ve learned. It will be a dependable safeguard through your life if you store up biblical instruction. But using false ideologies from popular culture to program your conscience will set you up for moral failure.

Our heavenly Father has given each person a conscience as a gift intended to be a tool of the Holy Spirit—our one true Guide. As such, it is designed to protect you from going astray. Your conscience is most trustworthy when the following seven statements are true of you:

Jesus Christ is your Savior and Lord.
    The Bible is the basis for your conduct.
    You have a strong desire to obey God.
    You make decisions prayerfully.
    Your conscience sounds the alarm when you consider a wrong direction.
    You feel guilty when you disobey.
    You feel compelled to repent of your transgression.
    A trustworthy conscience reacts immediately to disobedience. There is no making excuses over whether or not something may have been wrong.

To develop a reliable inner compass, read and apply Scripture so God’s principles will override any false or corrupted programming. Then, with the Holy Spirit’s guidance, your conscience will alert and protect you. Ask God to make it an effective tool for leading you.

intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
    —Lamentations 3:21-23

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Can You Trust Your Conscience?”

Here is the classic verse from the OT on that:

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

39. Dave says:

The Blasey-Ford story lives on. A UNC (North Carolina) professor has nominated CBF for the 2019 Distinguished Alumna Award “for speaking truth to power”! The best part is her name is Dr. Jennifer Ho. Paging Dr. Ho! You cannot make this stuff up! https://gellerreport.com/2018/10/ford-unc-award.html/

40. Dora says:

I’m surprised that the movie is doing so well. And glad.

=====

Conservatives Love the New ‘Gosnell’ Film: ‘God Bless Everyone Involved’

“Gosnell” may not be in as many theaters as mainstream Hollywood releases l”Venom” and “First Man” are — but moviegoers are flocking to it anyway.

The true-crime film, which tells the story of the apprehension and trial of Philadelphia abortion doctor and serial killer Kermit Gosnell, could very well open in the top 10 at the domestic box office by the end of the weekend. Dean Cain (pictured above) is among those who star in it.

Rush Limbaugh, Joy Villa, others are praising the Dean Cain-starring movie about an abortion doctor and murderer