October 12th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #631

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,515 Responses to October 12th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #631

1. Grandma Covfefe says:

*** 25 *** more days to Mid-Term Elections.
    MAGA
    Thank You, Lord, for President Trump, his MAGA team, and all his supporters. Keep them all safe in all they go and do..
    —————————
    **Pray**
    — for President Trump’s safe trip to Ohio and back.
    — for protection for Sundance and all first-responders.
    — people will get the help they need to get back on their feet after Hurr. Michael.
    — for more exposure of Opposition’s lies, deceptions, dishonesty and fraud.
    — all voter fraud will fail.

2. Everywhereguy says:

KEEP
    THE
    HOUSE.

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

Donald Trump Retweets

5. citizen817 says:

George Soros continues to seditiously fund anti-Trump conflict, protests, and leftist violence.

I used his baggy eye as the theme of this cartoon, based on a familiar “The Lord of The Rings” metaphor, the eye of Sauron.

Excerpt:
    They know he is a Trump ally in favor of restoring equal justice under the Constitution. Deep State lawbreakers such as Obama, Hillary, Brennan, and many others could be facing tribunals.

For far too long the Deep State ‘Big Club’ has been able to conduct illegal operations including drug running, money laundering, graft and outright treason by means of controlling government power. Obama himself made sure his politicized Department of Justice and FBI rammed through a fake dossier so that he and Hillary could conduct spy operations on the Trump campaign. They used the ‘Russia collusion’ lie to deflect attention away from their own scandals, which are myriad.

To be sure, the Deep State encompasses more than Democrats—many Republicans in…

6. citizen817 says:

7. sunnydaze says:

Great interviews from Millie Weaver of ex-Dems at Erie ,PA. Rally:

• rrick says:

The quote that if you’re not a liberal in your youth you have no heart is based on a lie. I have never been a liberal and I don’t mean to brag I have a very soft heart. So what gives? The answer is Jesus Christ. For that matter, the answer is always Jesus Christ.

The lie is earthly lacking acknowledgement of Christ. The soft heart is also of Christ. My homage is firstly unto Christ Jesus.

If anyone should think that is easy for you to say but you don’t know my life and the troubles I have had. I will answer that I will slap my trials on the table and match yours one for one. Friend, it is you who have no idea of what I have been through. I do believe that most people, after hearing of mine, would say no thanks and gladly stick with their own. Actually, more than a few have told me as much. Yet I stand because of Christ Jesus.

It is because of His grace that I do boast of my sufferings. The glory and honor is to Christ alone.

Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
      2 Corinthians 12:5-9

• progpoker says:

I’m still combing the internets for any sign of disgusted Republicans fleeing the Party for the warm embrace of the Resistard set. 🙂

Blue Wave my arse!!

• I asked my wife last night if she was voting in the Mid-Terms. Explained to her that it was EXTREMELY important to keep the house and DeSantis for Fl Gov…her reply — knocked me off the floor…VOTING STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN THIS YEAR!!!…She had read what the Dems did to Bret Kavenaugh…sickened her…NOW…HOW MANY OTHER WOMEN WILL BE VOTING BECAUSE OF THIS????? A BUNCH!!!

8. TomServo says:

Done
    No deal
    No compromise
    No negotiation
    Nothing but unconditional surrender
    Or whipped of the face of the earth
    I will not let these Fascist run the country my son will be living in.
    There you go nsa

9. sunnydaze says:

…”So excited to share my story on how I went from being a Univision addict to a proud patriot!” Melissa. … ”

haha. great way to describe it!

10. keebler AC says:

I still can’t get over President Trump referring to Kanye West a terrific guy and the liberals calling him a “Negro who can’t read”. This should help the midterms as much as Kavanaugh, lol.

11. citizen817 says:

12. rsmith1776 says:

One thought, more surprising to myself than intentionally provocative . . .

With all due respect to our VP’s basic decency, which is beyond doubt, Kanye West, a rap singer celebrity, just FOUGHT and RISKED for our President (and for us, by implication) more than Donald Trump’s Vice President.

Still to be processed.

13. rumpole2 says:

As US recovers from Hurricane Michael…

.. lets hope the next disaster to hit USA is not NANCY
    (After the midterms)

• cripto says:

Is that wishful thinking? Or are you trying to set up your credentials? If you mean Nancy Pelosi, she is hors de combat. You should know that by now. But hey never mis an opportunity for click bait.

14. Citizen 817 says:

• andyocoregon says:

Jim Brown has done a lot for the black community. He has been a mentor to young black men for decades.

• keebler AC says:

Very dignified presence. Very nice! Very special.

• dallasdan says:

Inviting Brown and West to the Oval Office together was a stroke of genius, clearly intended to appeal to two generations of black voters. It appears to me to have been a huge success.

• Fish and hunt says:

Kanye got him to come. Here’s what I’m looking for soon. Kanye is working on trying to get Keperniek and POTUS together. Can you imagine the implosion on the left if POTUS and Kap could come to a meeting of the minds? Would be beyond epic

• yadent says:

Used to run into Mr Brown while working for California Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation Center in Norco. He would come visit inmates every so often. VERY nice gentlemen. Usually wore African themed garb. I remembered the multicolored hat. My understanding from the inmates is that he played a musical instrument (sax??) and would jam with them occasionally. He was respected by all at the institution……..

• Brown’s quotes–“I don’t believe in taking a knee, the American flag is my flag. We should work out our problems as a family”

WOW! That should be the debate question for the media and Resistance. Gently but firmly standing up for civility and dignity.

• singingsoul says:

Reflecting 4am on Kenya’s visit to the WH I realized that he was speaking to his people in the inner City.
        He began telling about void of father. Most kids are estranged from their father.
        He spoke about about the head how it makes him feel. Many inner City kids join a gang and have clot color that binds them in a group and make them feel strong.

One can almost take any talking point it was laced with symbolism.
        Kanye is very bright. The talk he gave was not for us. POTUS understood.
        The media is very dumb they lost the connection to real people real life circumstances .
        They should be a shamed for the verbal lynching of a good brave man.

15. rumpole2 says:

Texas Senate Race Ted Cruz V Beto O’Rourke

Stormy Daniels Lawyer, Michael Avenatti Endorses Beto.

That should help….. Cruz

and….
    Michael Avenatti Fundraises For Beto O’Rourke, Half Of The Donations Go To Himself

16. kea says:

When a country no longer believes…

• andyocoregon says:

Sickening, isn’t it?

• Dutchman says:

Wow. Especially the first one, cross ‘offensive’to ILLEGAL ALIENS. They are concerned about offending illegal immigrants flooding in as ECONOMIC ‘refugees’,
          Why don’t they put in its place, a huge sign saying “Welcome” in 14 languages?

They are accomodating their invaders! Incredibly, monumentally STUPID.

Better yet, a big sign saying “Kick me”,
          A statue of a woman, with a quote;
          Bring me your sharia law, with fgm, violent enforcement of intolerance, suppression of women, gays, and anyone vouchsafed an infidel, no go zones, and destruction of the culture.

I read that, felt Gobsmacked.

• Conservativeinny says:

That makes me ill. My cousins girls are in college in the US. They do not want to go back.

• J Gottfred says:

I am proud to be a member of Am Legion Post 291. The American Legion’s Newport Harbor Post 291 signed onto a friend-of-the-court brief July 27 with several other veterans organizations and retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, a Medal of Honor recipient, to support leaving the cross as it is. The American Legion’s Newport Harbor Post 291 signed onto a friend-of-the-court brief July 27 with several other veterans organizations and retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, a Medal of Honor recipient, to support leaving the cross as it is.

I hope it is argued before the Kav!

• dallasdan says:

The UK…I once knew her to be a beautiful place led by proud, christian, and moral citizens. Her ultimate destruction is gaining both speed and force.

• rrick says:

The UK is not completely gone. There are the people and there is that matter of the soldiers aligned with Tommy Robinson. They just need to get themselves squared away.

J Gottfred, outstanding.

• Tseg says:

Unfortunately M&S IS representing Great Britain. If THE MASSES are blaming the store, the middle eastern invasion has already won and the government has lost.

• DebbieUK says:

Marks and Spencers hasn’t been British for years which is why their sales are going ever downwards. People are voting with their feet. They used to sell quality items but now only Chinese rubbish.

Muslims simply don’t shop in M & S so the childs hijab is a novelty . I cannot imagine it selling much.

• donna kovacevic says:

My heart hurts for Greece and their Greek Orthodox religion! God forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing. Stay strong People of Greece God is with you. Amen.

• cripto says:

And the Ukraine Orthodox Church has reclaimed their suzerainty from the Russians. All good.

• ProudDeplorable says:

Trust me, the Greeks will build a larger cross on the site in time. Don’t get between a Greek and their religion. They are very serious in maintaining ties with their culture and religion wherever they are in the world. They assimilate, learn the language, educate their young and most would never impose their belief structures on others while they live in other countries. Live and let live is their motto.

• Bob says:

Britain is all but taken over by the muslims. It won’t be long before they change the flag for a present moon and get rid of the pound and issue a new currency like the Riyal.

• jmclever says:

Not too long ago, Great Britain considered itself the center of Christendom.

17. kea says:

• andyocoregon says:

Obviously, the Dems are racists.

• Dutchman says:

Typical projection. Since the democrat party is the party of kkk, slaveowners, and suppression of black votes and segregation, blacks supporting the dems are the “Uncle Toms”.

Martin Luther King, lifelong Republican. “Party of Lincoln”.
        How could a black man, supporting the party of Lincoln, be an “Uncle Tom”?

• nwtex says:

(excuse this image, I’m making a point)

Yep. Here’s their idea of a “role model”. And they scream “women need to be respected.”

• jrapdx says:

So predictable, whenever leftists have no legitimate criticism of people they hate, they pull out the oldest slur imaginable. They call their targets “nuts”, “mentally ill”, “crazy”, “insane”, “unfit for office”. The leftist prejudice against those who genuinely suffer from incredibly disabling illnesses is astonishingly strong. Utterly devoid of enlightenment, leftists are as crude as the dark ages they pine to recreate, wiping out progress as they strut their ignorance in lockstep with the worst elements of intolerance and destruction.

Every day leftist provocations are spinning out a wealth of reasons to a wider and wider swath of the voting public to cast filthy leaders of the evil spawn out of office. It will be a great pleasure and immense relief to see them gone, it can’t happen soon enough.

• nwtex says:

t
      The Hill
      ‏Verified account @thehill
      2h
      Taylor Swift sees increase in album sales after endorsing Democrats http://hill.cm/dv82BLb

• Jase says:

If you watched only Fake News Alphabet Soup, you could be excused for thinking that America was a truly wierd place.
      Where else could a mentally defective illiterate not only found a music and clothing empire, but somehow get into the President’s office disguised as a minstrel, rant like a raving lunatic for 20 minutes, and not get arrested?
      These people truly are black-hearted morons.
      More power to you, Kanye West. They mock you because they fear you.

18. yucki says:

More about that MB-apologist Saudi, Jamal Khashoggi. His disappearance from Turkey has the WaPo, et al., making absurd demands of our President. Like turning away $110B in Saudi arms purchases from the USA.

Or embracing the MB-side of the regional equation (Turk, Qatar) and distancing ourselves from the rest of the Gulf and Egypt. Maybe another whack at Arab Spring, this time with KSA?

Oct. 7 -10 Questions About The Disappearance Of Khashoggi, The Case Deepens

Oct. 11 -Turkey delays Syria agreement with U.S. after Saudi journalist disappears

Oct. 11 – The Khashoggi files: As case builds against Riyadh, what the Wikileaks files tell us about history and kingdom

• feralcatsblog says:

McCain was also a big Muslim Brotherhood supporter and the Egyptians wanted to try him for supporting terrorism and trying to destroy Egypt. Maybe the Egyptians got him.

MSM Blackout? Egyptians Enraged by U.S. [under Obama/McCain] Outreach to Muslim Brotherhood

• andrew1979 says:

seems they want him to be harmed to push a narrative. wonder if this will be the big test of the fake video technology we have heard about since his “apple watch” recorded his murder and saved it to the almighty cloud!

• agentcommonsense says:

Totally pushing a fake narrative I agree. Rhino’s come out with unison talking points just like the Democrats do when they are setting up a narrative, example the week long ” We need a SPECIAL COUNCEL TO LOOK INTO RUSSIA COLLUDING ” and the next day they got one, or the disgusting way Uniparty; ” MORE SANCTIONS ON RUSSIA FOR COLLUDING ” so they passed it with more than 2/3 which took all power away from POTUS to negotiate in our interest.

Congress is doing it again to purposely deride POTUS because Clintons are pissed off at King Salman because he jumped ship on their agenda because he loves working with POTUS, so Uniparty against the interest of the American People and country will ban together once again to stop all agreements using this stupid excuse to get there . Hello fake nerve agent used by Russians, Hello fake chemical bomb attack.. ARGH !

• mr.piddles says:

I just don’t understand why it would be in SA’s interest to kill this guy and chop him up. So he’s a WaPo guy and a big critic of SA. So what? He doesn’t have any more political power than, say, THE ACTUAL Muslim Brotherhood. So what is actually gained by making him disappear?

• starfcker says:

In no way do I want to make a value judgment of whatever has happened to Mr. Khashoggi. Let’s remember this. The challenge in Saudi Arabia has been for generations, to bring a population that wants to live in the ninth century into the modern world. MBS has taken some small steps in that direction. I don’t know Mr. Khashoggi’s politics. But look how immediately this became entwined with US arms sales. 30 years ago, Mr. Khashoggi’s first cousin was the largest arms dealer on the planet. (Adnan Khashoggi). Just saying.

19. Citizen 817 says:

Sessions! Really now, what is he good for?

President Trump said Thursday that he supports prison reform and that Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ opposition doesn’t represent his administration’s position.

“If he doesn’t [support reform], then he gets overruled by me. Because I make the decision, he doesn’t,” Trump said during a phone interview broadcast on “Fox and Friends.”

20. rumpole2 says:

*WARNING* The Next Civil War!!!
    Douglas M. Ducote Sr.
    Published on Oct 10, 2018

• feralcatsblog says:

The people of the fascist left didn’t know what they were doing. The country would be drenched in blood, and God only knew how it would end. It was all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! The people of the fascist left spoke so lightly of war; they didn’t know what they were talking about. War is a terrible thing! They mistook, too, the people of Middle America. They were a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they would fight, too. They were not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it. Besides, where were your men and appliances of war to contend against them? Middle Americans had and could use both, you could hardly even pick up and fire a BB-gun You rushed into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You were bound to fail. Only in your hate and propaganda were you prepared for war. In all else you were totally unprepared, with an evil cause to start with. At first you would make some headway, but as your limited resources and even more limited courage began to fail, , your cause would begin to wane. If your people would have but stopped and thought, they would have seen in the end that they would surely fail.

• keebler AC says:

If there is a Civil War, the first thing for Patriots to do is to take your guns and shoot down those magnetrons on cell towers and disable the electronic weapons. Might need some humvees with thick metal armor. Active Denial Systems in the wrong hands can shoot through tin foil but surprisingly a good defense is to find a way to earth yourselves so that the electronic beams get grounded out of your body. I’m buying military grade silver socks! Liberals won’t know how to survive off the grid and without their beloved wifi gadgets, won’t be able to watch Maxime Waters spout violent creed either.

• rrick says:

The best those who were in past political positions can hope for is to not be present when the heat comes. They act as if they are immune. Apparently they ignore that themselves are already in the cross hairs. I am fairly well plugged in with a disparate number of individuals and groups and I can say that plenty of combat hardened folks have target acquired. And that is all I have to say about that.

This man is speaking the truth. He is also giving a warning.

• rharkonen says:

I hope he is able to get some vacation time away from the news cycle. A couple months.

To some extent, the left is trying to provoke such responses — using words to incite actions they can point at to then justify their words.

I think it is more effective to ignore and mock the left and leave them hanging and let people see how nutty they are. Not follow the script they lay out and make it real.

There would need to be years of left-wing violence, bombings and assassinations not handled properly by law enforcement to warrant civilian response. Not “tweets” from pathetic losers like Holder or Hillary, though their communications appear within people’s homes and seem a direct affront in that sense.

The more they communicate, the more they expose themselves. Let them talk so people will know them mad. Don’t fulfill them. That will likely mean “sucking it up” for some time to come through some outrageous insanities not yet imagined.

So far, their impingement on life and liberty doesn’t quite rise to the level of intolerable.

• dallasdan says:

I respect his freedom to express his opinion, and I agree with him. However, I perceive his message to be yet another clear indicator, this time from our side, of the violence to come.

• rrick says:

Well, Dallas, how many times are you to allow me to push you before you stand to defend yourself? Running away is no longer possible for I know where you live. And I am coming for you and I will throw you and all you hold dear out onto the street.*

*Of course it is not me coming for you. I am making a point.

Yes, you didn’t bring this upon you, but it is here nonetheless. What are you to make of it? The way I see it is we can either have a battle now or a war later. Some say we are already at war. Yet I fear those know nothing of war. Still, the question remains.

• dallasdan says:

I made an observation regarding the dangerously deteriorating state of political confrontation in the country, based upon the explicit commentary contained in the video. Nothing more.

My medical specialty is not psychiatry, but I would agree with an under-performing resident’s assessment that my opinion disturbed you.

If the “battle” or “war” you mention eventuates, I am confident we can agree that our country will suffer; how much remains to be seen.

• rrick says:

Yes sir, I understand fully. Now I do not know of this under-performing resident but I assure you that any disturbance to me is that we are being bullied and that to continue to cave to the bully only encourages more of such behavior. A man has to take a stand and the sooner is the better.

Actually I do not know if it be in jest or not with respect to your allusion to psychiatry. If you ask me that is wishy washy; who cares the mind of the one attacking?

It is well that you have expressed your opinion, an opinion I share in some ways, but I too have expressed mine. I am not asking a thing, not forgiveness nor forbearance.

As for the country being hurt, yes, I agree. One can see this as the night Dixie fell or the refiner’s fire. I prefer the latter. We shall see. This old course has become tiresome, nay, to further allow it is dangerous for it has lighted the whole of the country. Them who keep poking will come to find out.

Why don’t we wait a bit before calling the firehouse, the building is not yet full engulfed.

• Remington..... says:

‘Have to understand that when you are dealing with stinkin’ liberals, you’re dealing with the obnoxious 5year old next door. He’ll follow you around jamming stick in you’re back. You tell him to stop, and he just laughs. Eventually you turn around and swat the hell out of him…..he stops.

• dallasdan says:

We’re good, both concerned about what is appearing to be an increasingly threatening future for the safety of our fellow citizens and the stability of the country.

• Truthfilter says:

We need to be careful not to conflate Black Lives Matter -or any predominantly black group-with today’s SJW/Antifa mobs. Black Lives Matter was created by the Obama administration. It’s leaders travelled to wherever crisis could be found. With the help of the media, they whipped up the very real emotions of predominantly black communities. The speaker in the above video mentions the mass shooting of 5 cops in Baton Rouge a few years ago. That shooter travelled to Baton Rouge from another state-he wasn’t a local.

For the most part, BLM and the Black Panthers have been quiet since PDJT took office. During the general election of 2016, leaders of the Black Panthers as well as the Nation of Islam softened their views toward Candidate Trump. Even Farrakhan took his policy proposals into consideration.

The SJW mobs of today may hate authority (cops) and they may include a few blacks but most of them are white. Their cause -or lack thereof-is probably retarded and silly from the perspective of most black people. Look at them closely. We don’t see too many black people wearing pink hats or Antifa gear in the name of transgenders, pro-choice abortion, the #metoo movement, amnesty/open borders, etc.

Like the rest of us, black Americans want equal justice under the law. There is corruption at every level of our justice system-not just the top. We DO need prison reforms. POTUS and the MAGA agenda has opened up some real opportunities for blacks and whites to communicate and unite. We don’t need to alienate blacks with rhetoric that automatically places them into the opposition camps. Just my opinion.

Other than this, I agree with the content of the video.

21. Citizen 817 says:

• feralcatsblog says:

Probably bad about the FBI as if it was bad about Trump they would probably let it sail through.

• Dutchman says:

Like they did the COMEY book?
        Is this part of the ‘factional warfare’, going on inside the doj/fbi?

Or, white hats asserting control?

• rrick says:

McCabe’s book would be nothing less than to exonerate himself. And how best to accomplish that than by naming names?
        Either way, I reckon the book will be listed as fiction. Of course those in the know will know better and act quietly to set things ‘right’.

If McCabe is more than the weasel he seems he will have his book published no matter the FBI. Could it be he has already been personally threatened? Can we expect bodies?

• Julia Adams says:

Bromwitch is representing McCabe. The book deal is probably there I would bet to pay legal fees. Boy, that’s going to leave a mark.

• tvollrath66 says:

Probably the fbi helping drum up drama, with hopes to get the weasel #2 more book sales.

22. Payday says:

Monster week! One SC justice, 3 appeals court, and 12 district court judges confirmed. For a total of 2, 29, and 53 respectively.

Anyone else notice a lessening in radical rulings lately?

23. Linda says:

If we’re going to be stuck with Romney, I wish Senator Hatch would unretire.

24. Mandy says:

There is an excellent video at BitChute (free speech supporting alternative to youtube) by Tim Poole, but I can’t get the video to embed here. It’s just under 15 minutes long and pretty darned positive for conservatives. Here is the URL

https://www.bitchute. com/video/Pum1sSi1cQDX/

I put in two spaces after the word bitchute in hopes that the URL will appear so anyone interested can find the video. It’s titled, “Study Shows Conservatives Outnumber Progressives 3 to 1.”

Tim’s description underneath the vid:

“New Study Is Bad News For Progressive Activists as it shows 80% of Americans think political correctness is a problem. It shows that progressive activists only make up 8% of the country but conservatives make up 25%.

Even more interesting for those focused on social justice and diversity is that the “politically disengaged” group actually shares its values and concerns with conservatives. This probably explains why media companies and politicians that chase social justice and progressive issues don’t do that well.”

Finally, here is a link to the study Tim is referencing in his video:

• gda says:

Only 8% are in the progressive activist “wing”, the report suggests. And 25% in the conservative wing.

Yet the country seems split basically 50/50.

Now would the fact that the progressives dominate Hollywood, the MSM and Social Media have anything to do with that, do you think?

If the truth of where the progressives want to take us could reach the 26% of politically disengaged, then we would have close to two thirds of the country behind us.

Whether you “like” this report or not, you should be aware of its leftist (cough, progressive, cough) slant.

25. rsmith1776 says:

Speaking of that indefatigable advocate for his President, the omnipresent, energetic, brave, risk-taking VP Mike Pence….. what’s that other GOP luminary, Paul Ryan, doing these days?

How is Ryan NOT ashamed to still hold and be paid for a position he does nothing in?

At least Thin Ryan can’t do as much harm as he was able to, three and two and one year ago.

26. Citizen 817 says:

• Citizen 817 says:

• jrapdx says:

That’s good, but is it enough? Seem to remember the final price tag was three times as much, or something like that. Anyway the $5B is a good down payment on what’s needed to finish the job.

• Citizen 817 says:

McConnell, R-Ky., told the Washington Examiner Thursday the Senate won’t stick to the $1.6 billion wall funding included in the Senate’s 2019 Homeland Security Appropriations measure. Instead, it will try to raise the amount to match the House Homeland spending bill, which includes $5 billion for the wall.

• dallasdan says:

It’s McCarthy’s big push to to elected Speaker, and he is fooling no one in the House Republican Caucus, according to a trusted friend and member of that group. The consensus is that he is depending on the GOPe to muscle him into the job.

In the meantime, Scalise and Jordan are making their own plans.

• mr.piddles says:

Here’s what you do. You pull together 750 grand, and you get Bill Clinton on the phone. You offer Bill 750 grand to show up on XYZ date, at which time he will present a 30 minute lecture to the House of Representatives on why illegal immigration is bad for the country, and why it is absurd to even consider the possibility that illegal aliens can vote in any election whatsoever. Bill would just have to dig up some of his old notes, so it’d be an easy $750K. And you know Bill would do it despite the obvious political damage to the Democrats… cuz money.

• Esperanza says:

Also, my opinion is he’s on the Trump Train.

• mr.piddles says:

You watch… at some point in the next 3-5 years Bill Clinton will pay a compliment to Trump for his policies on X and/or Y and/or Z… NoKo, economy, drug prices, immigration reform, whatever. Then he’ll qualify it with a “but I don’t like his rhetoric” or something along those lines. But he will take the step that no other “party leader” would ever consider…. recognizing Trump’s accomplishments as positives for the country. The Unhinged will cling to “Trump is evil, period”. Bill was always a pretty good and effective politician, and doesn’t strike me a an Unhinged type. His wife, on the other hand, will put on whatever mask is convenient… which is why nobody trusts her.

• snarkybeach says:

Looks like Kevin is campaigning hard for the Speakership

27. nwtex says:

28. nwtex says:

29. nwtex says:

The Hill
    ‏Verified account @thehill
    2h
    Chief Justice asks federal judges to handle ethics complaints against Kavanaugh http://hill.cm/PpY74Or

• Dutchman says:

Would that be the same judges who sit on the FISA court, perhaps?

• jrapdx says:

That’s how it goes in professions like law and medicine, the ethics complaints can’t be ignored, they must be investigated. But of course baseless complaints get dismissed quickly and I expect that wil be the case here. Just gotta go through the protocols to be able to say it was done properly.

IMO even “liberal” judges won’t sling mud at Kavanaugh lightly, they know they could very easily be subject to bogus charges themselves, it’s not hard for enemies to do. Rather likely it will be handled expeditiously and quietly.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Dont go cra-cra guys, this is what always happens with ethics BS, its just that , with this case, its pretty obvious the impetus behind the complaints. Ho -hum

30. nwtex says:

The Hill
    ‏Verified account @thehill
    3h

“No, Mike Bloomberg will not be the Democratic nominee in 2020” http://hill.cm/aEwAGgh

• Dutchman says:

No, he won’t. The optics of him and DJT on a stage together, ….let’s just say “not good” would be putting it mildly.

As much chance as a one-legged man in an *ss-kicking contest, no offence to one legged men.

Scene from “Oh brother, where are thou?”
      “I know, we could get us our OWN BILLIONAIRE, thats what we should do, pappy!”

31. treehouseron says:

If we can live long enough, the sweetest victory ever isn’t going to be the Midterms when we pick up seats in the Senate, AND the House. It’s not even going to be when President Trump is re-elected in 2 years.

2 years after that, when we win the midterms… AGAIN… even THAT won’t be the sweetest victory.

The Sweetest victory of all, is when in 2024, President Trump’s chosen candidate (whomever that may be) wins against whoever the Democrats regurgitate.

by 2022, they will have decided that there’s no way to beat Trump, but at least he can only serve 8 years. After that acquiescence, the sorrow we put them through when the MAGA party wins, after Trump, will be the sweetest victory.

• jrapdx says:

Maybe so, but no doubt best to inflict one sorrow at a time. Beating ’em Nov 6 will be a great milestone, sets a precedent for future elections.

• rrick says:

M’gosh, do you realize what you have done? Images of the she-beast six yrs thus are horrid, just horrid.

• I personally like the previously submitted slogan for the upcoming election. Choice : “JOBS or MOBS?”

• Clinteastwood says:

Mike Lindell (the My Pillow guy) for President in 2024, with VP Phil Swift (Flex Seal). We can seal up the border and sleep well about it at night. We could fill all the potholes—you wouldn’t even need air in your tires, the roads would be so soft…if hurricanes threaten the east coast, just seal up the Atlantic……

Head of the new Space Force? Governor Moonbeam Jerry Brown,

For press secretary……the Choice Hotels guy….the Washington press corps asks the same question over and over, they deserve the same answer always…..”Bada Book Bada Boom!”

Lindell-Swift 2024!!

32. nwtex says:

Judge calls Manafort plea deal ‘highly unusual’
    10/11/18

33. nwtex says:

The Hill
    ‏Verified account @thehill
    4h

Dozens of university faculty sign letter opposing Trump ahead of his rally on campus

34. nwtex says:

35. MAJA says:

This is a great reminder about the peaceful majority.

36. nwtex says:

37. Marygrace Powers says:

Trump, Declassification, and Leverage
    By Mark Wauck 10/10/18 (excerpts + sundance HIGH FIVE)

“There’s a reason why President Trump has not unilaterally declassified the documents exposing perfidy against him: leverage.

But Sundance spells out very specifically where the greatest risk – and therefore the greatest leverage – lies: ………

There are many other players, in addition to Rosenstein, who are at serious risk. But from the perspective of leverage, Rosenstein is the key because he created the special counsel part of the hoax and because – as a result of A.G. Sessions’s recusal – he remains in charge of the special counsel operation. Rosenstein can exercise as much or as little control over Mueller as he wants. Trump’s threat of declassification of the “origination material” gives Trump complete leverage over Rosenstein and therefore over Mueller.

Trump’s leverage ensures that Rosenstein will very much want to restrain Mueller. If Rosenstein wants to restrain Mueller, Mueller will be restrained. This may explain why we are now seeing key members of Mueller’s team leaving and returning to their old jobs. The importance of this is that Mueller has posed the greatest threat to the Trump administration, the greatest annoyance. That threat is now defanged for the immediate future. If Mueller steps out of line, boom! Declassification. By putting declassification on hold, Trump maintains his leverage. And Congress continues to investigate and slowly reveal the truth.

The benefits of this leverage via threat-of-declassification extend well beyond the Russia hoax to other practical political matters. I believe we saw that at play in the Kavanaugh nomination battle. Rod Rosenstein, as DAG, directly supervises the FBI director, Christopher Wray. To say the FBI acted with alacrity and efficiency in exposing the machinations behind the accusations leveled at Kavanaugh would be an understatement. But consider: Sundance himself was distinctly alarmist during the Kavanaugh hearings, alleging a plot of Deep State FBI-DOJ insiders to torpedo the nomination. As we’ve seen, however, exactly the opposite occurred. The FBI leaped to Kavanaugh’s defense, and I attribute that to Trump’s leverage over the DOJ-FBI through Rosenstein. …..

Let’s turn to that global perspective now.

Justin Raimondo at Anti-War.com has a blog post up that complements Sundance’s “leverage” perspective quite nicely: “The Final Truth of Russia-gate: As the hoax unravels, the real story of ‘foreign collusion’ comes out.” Raimondo focuses on the role of foreign “allies” in the plot against Trump. As on the domestic front, there were multiple players: Australia, Ukraine, Estonia, Israel. The key player was undoubtedly the U.K. Without massive intelligence involvement by the U.K., the entire Russia hoax would likely never have gotten off the ground. Here, Raimondo encapsulates that involvement sufficiently for our purposes (much more could be said):

This entire episode has Her Majesty’s Secret Service’s fingerprints all over it…..

Leverage, anyone? Declassification would expose all these foreign players, but the heaviest hit by far would be against the U.K. and its Australian poodle. And so we learn that “key allies” “begged” Trump not to declassify that “origination material.” Raimondo notes:

Trump’s decision to walk back his announcement that the key Russia-gate intelligence would be declassified tells us almost as much as if he’d tweeted it out, unredacted. For what it tells us is that public knowledge of the contents would constitute a major break in relations with at least one key ally.

Yes, Trump smoked them out and got them begging for mercy, as reported by the major media in all too transparent detail. Trump ends up with all the leverage he needs over “Her Majesty’s Government” for as long as that leverage is useful.

Well played, Mr. President!”

• rrick says:

In business there was a tenet I held to which was to give a man enough rope to hang himself. It seems the president is doing the same. But let’s not over inflate the leverage he has vis a vis FISA, et al. I see an executive officer, President Trump, trying to regain some leverage against those who hold great leverage. Namely, the recusal of the indolent AG Sessions.

So the president is at once wanting to extract from his opponents as much as possible and to create infighting amongst themselves. His thrusts and parries are themselves parried. Will he succeed? Past performance suggests he will. Will it be soon? Well, other than following the mid-terms who can tell when. There is also the crumbling of his foe, which even if it does not accelerate will certainly be prior to 2020. But what will occur in the mean time?

I reckon more names will surface but the walls will remain. Even Sundance has not a crystal ball to foresee. So we watch and we wait. But in the meantime…it is the meanwhile which captures my attention. The thing is, there is plenty enough rope and those misfits, as they are wont to do, will continue as to their likeness. That should be their comeuppance. I look to what will transpire in the meanwhile. New names and new faces will spring forth. I love it when they self-identify.

38. Troublemaker10 says:

• mr.piddles says:

RE: CNN, I didn’t even think of that angle. Good point there. If you roll the whole 90 seconds or whatever it was into a little booger, what you end up with is a few self-entitled Ivory Tower types tee-hee’ing like school children in their little culture bubble, oblivious to the world around them. It doesn’t even enter their mind that what they are saying could in any way be derisive or divisive or derogatory… and if it did enter their mind, they simply wouldn’t care.

• rrick says:

Oceania, with the exception of French Polynesia, takes in more ‘greenhouse gasses’ than it emits. But never hear of that. #metoo

39. cripto says:

This my third post about the fate and repression of Christianity North Korea. The first two did not elicit much interest, though it should.

It was reported His Porcine Majesty wants to invite the Pope to NK. It is not the first time this was mooted. According to high-level defector, Thae Yong-ho’s memoirs (a must read), They were mulling inviting Pope John Paul II in 1991, but changed their minds as it was thought it might reinvigorate the last generation of ‘Jerusalem of the East’ cohort. Of course now those Christians have either one foot in the grave or are no more (RIP).

For a history of why Pyongyang was called the ‘Jerusalem of the East’, here is a good article:

It should be read with this report on what has happened since, and how things stand now.

My third post rounds it out of what NK Christians face with eye witness and victims testimony. As sundance has often said, do not look away.

A bonus post, is a report on the Vatican’s move to reconcile their differences with China . HK Bishop Zen is a hero. He, unlike the vatican curate understands the danger, they see opportunity. Unfortunately under Chairman Xi Mao Zedong 2.0, no chance of that.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I finished reading “Back to the Jerusalem of The East” recently. Billy Graham’s wife, Ruth, was educated in one of the missionary schools in Pyongyang in her teens and trully loved the people. So the Graham family has connections to NK.

Kim il Sung’s father was actually a minister in the NK underground church (Presbyterian, which is Trump’s faith). They fled to China during the 1920’s famine. Kim il Sung’s father died while he was still a child. He attended Communist schools in China, turned away from his Christian influence, and joined the China Communist Party.

Kim il Sung was eventually trained by the Soviets who put him in power to form a new government in NK. Christianity (and other religions) were purged violently from NK at that time.

The Chinese underground church has had an influence in NK and is the best hope for further rebuilding and growing the underground church in NK.

I’m not sure how China’s Sinicization plan could eventually effect the Chinese underground church’s effort to fulfill their “Back to Jerusalem” plans to spread Christianity all the way from China back to Jerusalem (though it doesn’t sound good).

I would think Kim Jong UN would be as controlling over religion in NK as China is. Hard to say what kind of influence South Korea may eventually have though if their relationship continues on the current path.

40. Citizen 817 says:

41. FL_GUY says:

Sundance tweeted the new Renacci ad against Brown in OH. It’s a great ad!

42. Troublemaker10 says:

43. rjcylon says:

Democrat logic…
    Donald Trump is a racist.
    Kanye West supports Donald Trump.
    If you support Kanye West, you are a racist.

And if you are a public figure/celebrity with a large audience who doesn’t go out of your way to publicly shame Kanye West and put him in his place, then you are guilty of enabling racism because your silence is “letting Kanye get away with it”.

The democrats are really, really good at this stuff. Abe Lincoln stopped a lot of it, but they have had many years since then to hone their tactics.

44. citizen817 says:

45. citizen817 says:

Mitch McConnell vows action on Trump nominees: ‘We are not going to leave any judges behind’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., insists he’ll move to confirm all President Trump’s judicial nominees by the end of the year to eliminate a backlog caused by Democratic delay tactics.

46. nwtex says:

47. nwtex says:

FoxNewsInsider
    ‏Verified account @FoxNewsInsider
    11h

.@realDonaldTrump ‘Not Happy’ With Border Wall Progress, Vows Something ‘Very Strong’ After Election @foxandfriends