The Democrat party intentionally made a choice to embrace socialism and far-left Marxist ideology in an effort to fuel their political goals.  Tom Perez, current head of the DNC, has a life of activism and assembly for just these purposes. However, the predictable risk and consequence of that decision is really simple; a loss of control over the mob.

With four weeks left before the mid-term elections, the modern democrat mob is now so highly visible, and so filled with toxic/violence and rage, it has become a liability….  The only thing the media can do to assist their party is to downplay the mob and pretend it doesn’t exist; that’s the currently urgent narrative.  Cue the audio visual:

(Source)

The far-left is really the authentic democrat base under various names. Before there were Democrat Socialists it was the Antifa mob, Revolution Communism (RevCom), the Black lives Matter mob, the Dream Defenders mob, the Occupy Wall Street mob, Anarchists, the Weather Underground, the KKK, etc. ….it is all the same political leadership.

Occupy Wall Street 2011

Occupy Wall Street 2011

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Big Stupid Government, Communist, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, media bias, Mob and Rob, Muslim Grievance Industry - MGI, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

370 Responses to When is a Mob not a Mob? – When Democrats Realize Their “Mob” is Destroying Their Mid-term Hopes…

1. rumpole2 says:

Looks like a mob
    Sounds like a mob
    Behaves like a mob
    Smells like a mob

CNN be like…. ” It’s a Protest” LOL

• amwick says:

Didn’t they have an issue with apples and bananas?
      hmmm a zebra can’t change its spots…. 🙂

• kinthenorthwest says:

When Obama started condoning all the riots starting with Trayvon I knew we were in big trouble.. Then to top it off, Obama started funneling millions into the various types of “Black Lives Matter” movements.
      The left didn’t just start being crazy American terrorists when Trump won. Obama and his people were the ones that displayed that gangbanging morals should be the new American way.

• fleporeblog says:

I guess they would consider this a “MOB”! I call it Cold Anger.

There is going to be hell to pay by what they did to Justice Kavanaugh and his family. HRC and Eric Holder decided to take it to another level.

• Deb says:

It’s a banana.

• MTeresa says:

According to CNN, it’s not just a “protest” it’s a “peaceful protest”………..ummm yeahhhhh riiiiight.

• SalixVeridi says:

CNN is now the radical arm of the Democrat party. They don’t have the guts for calling them out, they just go along to get along.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

Ok – let’s have a contest. We’ll gather up everyone involved in defiling our flag, stake them out to a fresh cut hayfield in late July, slather hem down with syrup and honey, and see which one builds the biggest fireant hill – does that work?

We can then donate the clean-picked skeletons to high school biology teachers.

• YL Calif says:

Soros wants Americans fighting Americans. Look up Soros 7-step blueprint to take down countries. He has done this to five other countries so it is important to know how he does it. Please share with others. “This strategy, Poe writes, is the same “blueprint” used repeatedly by Soros in other countries: Form a Shadow Government, Control the Airwaves, Bleed the State Dry, Sow Unrest, Provoke an Election Crisis, Take the Streets, and above all, Outlast your Opponent. (see Gulag Bound – Soros Revolutions

• jmclever says:

a peaceful protest no less

• De Oppresso Liber says:

I thank God that there are no “protests,” like those pictured, around where I live. I am not at all confident that I could control my emotions if I were to see, in my very immediate presence, some pathetic, small-minded, gullible, insolent, a$$hole defecating on the American flag. The very flag which I have carried over my friend’s coffins, and folded to hand to their widows, I might just lose my mind and go batschitt thermonuclear on every damn one of them. I just don’t know that I could restrain myself from causing severe pain and incapacitation to more than just one…..I truly pray that I never find myself in that situation, because simply seeing pictures of their actions enrages me to the point I’m rambling and babbling almost incoherently on this website. I do hope he “hooks up” with some nasty comrade and gets genital warts, syphilis, herpes, and his pekker turns black and rots off; then he dies.

• Average joe says:

And if I’m on the jury,you’re good to go.

• De Oppresso Liber says:

Thanks Joe. I hope there are jury members just like you in the future….if burning or otherwise defiling our flag becomes widespread, I’m positive a veteran somewhere is going to whip some a$$.

• L. Gee says:

Hmmmm . . . I don’t think you QUITE got your point across. It just wasn’t forceful enough, and I’m still clueless as to how you REALLY feel.

Try again.

• oldschool says:

“Peaceful protests”

• Lester Smith says:

I agree this not a mob. This much more sinister. This is a cult, this is not activism this is the face of evil this is George Soros. These are mindless cultists chanting and worshiping in unison. Mindless messengers following the commands of Soros and his evil decibels. Who are these decibels the democratic leadership the msm education and Hollywood. Soros controls demorcatic leadership with the promise of endless power and riches in return for their fellowship. They In slave the masses by destroying hope and the will to achieve. Making the masses dependent on the state. This is not the democrats of Kennedy this the demoslaves of Bill Ayers, George Soros and Obama. Why are Christians being silenced think about destroy faith and worship and replace with despair. This is the face of evil this is a war of good vs evil. We must battle with our ballot the pen is mightier than the sword.

2. rumpole2 says:

DEMOCRATS – I Am The Mob

3. sunnydaze says:

Trump never called those creeps “fine people”.

He said there were good people on both sides. The only thing wrong with what Trump said is: there are NO good people left on the Dem side.

This stupid Charlottesville lie reminds me of “I can see Russia from my house”.

• Stab, the unstoppable hero says:

The reason the Charlottesville lie gained momentum is because cowardly Republicans & FOX news bought into it. Once they began to assist the false narrative of the MSM it became their version of “truth”
      Might not be so easy now. Take a look at Lindsey Graham.

• sunnydaze says:

I know stab.

I was going to add to my post below that a MAJOR reason NONE of this Mob Behavior against Trump supporters was covered during the past 3 years is that the Repub politicians and FNC were NOT talking about it.

*Maybe* they finally have the balls to do so.

• Jerzy2GA says:

Charlottesville was the result of several mobs coming together that hate/dislike each other and police told to stand down. No one has answered, who did the young lady that got killed belong to?? I highly doubt she was just a bystander. To go to an event like that, you either came affiliated with was of those groups(which there were at least a handful) or you were related to media(camera man, (faux) reporter).

• Tom! says:

She wasn’t killed. She died.

• Bendix says:

And one man hit her with his car. One man does not make a mob.

• Flubber says:

She was an activist who like most lefties didn’t think through the possible consequences.

And being grossly overweight, when things got heated she had a heart attack.

The left, of course, want this sad event to assert that Nazis are marching in the streets….

• Lined-out Hymnody says:

I was watching some of the livestream in the morning in Charlottesville and it looked to me like the “alt-right” side who had a permit for the park for a rally for the day were surrounded by left wing goons who were throwing things at them and attacking people.

BOTH sides were looking for a fight but the “alt-right” side was outnumbered. I stopped watching because it was sad to see. From what I understand the police stood down. This was around 10:00am and the fatality happened that afternoon.

It looked bad at 10:00am.

• G. Combs says:

Someone spotted buses where people were handed signs, one for ANTIFA group and one for the white supremacists as the groups intermingled. Also the ‘Alt-right’ Organizer was ALSO connected to OBAMA’s OCCUPY WALL STREET MOB!!!

In other words since the DemonRats could not get the REAL Conservatives to fight they set-up THEATRE!
            >>>>

From my notes:
            Sandra-VA says: January 30, 2018 at 2:05 pm

“The organizer of the event was an original Occupy Wall Street founder and a Bob Creamer operative. I saw the organizing going on on twitter prior to the event. It was a COMPLETE setup. (Those accounts are no longer active since the event). There were a few real people in attendance who hadn’t got the warning that it was a setup. It was all done to further the “alt-right” “white supremacy” and “nazis” mantra AND to further the cause of removing all historical monuments.
            The leadership in Charlottesville are activists. They organized this event – from hiring the fake nazis to ensuring that there was ample media coverage to witness the violence and mayhem. Sadly, people did die… but they weren’t meant to.

Something is very odd about the whole event. It was too structured for TV, with a rhyming title, to be done by GOP operatives. They just simply are not that clever. Democrat agitators are.
            The local FBI (Richmond) is heading up the investigation. They’ve been just as quiet about that investigation as they’ve been about Las Vegas. Some similar investigative steps used though…requests for cell phone videos and pictures. Apparently they have some video evidence, and that’s the last big news.
            Like Director Wray and AG Sessions, we might be dealing with strategic silence. Timing is everything. We don’t want to overload the fan with too much sh!t at once. The snowflakes couldn’t handle the spatter.”
            …..

Louis Gohmert via Fox Business News revealed BLM and KKK got off the same buses in Charlottesville!!! Here’s the video via FoxBusiness
            Gohmert’s statement refers to this video clip which circulated immediately after the riot at Charlottesville: EYE WITNESS to KKK/NAZI/ANTIFA/BLM ARRIVING ON SAME BUSES in Charlotte that day

The person making this claim in this video is Charles Patrick. He is not the eye witness, however, he promised to follow through and did follow through with a lengthy and shockingly revealing LIVE CHAT WITH THE CHARLOTTESVILLE VA EYEWITNESS.

In addition to the above, Baron Bodissey at TheGatesofVienna blog posted:
            We’re being played to give his perspective since Charlottesville is in his neck of the woods.

• G. Combs says:

“…*Maybe* they finally have the balls to do so.”

Yeah, IT’S AMAZING what getting shot at does! — Emotional Testimonial – GOP Rep Roger Williams Describes Events During Shooting at GOP Baseball Practice… | The Last Refuge

Not to mention the Dump truck on the R/R grade crossing that could have taken out a whole heck of a lot of Republicans if the advance helicopter hadn’t spotted it. — Chartered Train Carrying Republican Lawmakers Collides With Dump Truck in Virginia… | The Last Refuge

• Red Tsunami! says:

Ohhh sunny, dem dare is fighten words. But I love it, rings so true.

Mobs of red hats will be out voting on 6 Nov!

• Artist says:

The US , obama administration, McCain
        totally supported and materially supported the coup in Ukraine and the tiki torch white supremacist Svoboda Party but had their knickers in a twist in Charlottesville… hypocrites…

• paulraven1 says:

Thanks to Mitt (“Antifa is swell’) Romney, Tim Scott and Marco Rubio.

• rumpole2 says:

And … the is never a Dodge Challenger around when you need one these days.

• Super Elite says:

Will a Chevy Camaro do?

• nikkichico7 says:

😃👍 .. I drove a 1971 Dodge Challenger! It was on its last legs though, it would drive down a hill but it wouldn’t drive up once you were at the bottom (bands slipping .. no $ to fix). That poor old car did real nice “walking away” from a nut driver trying to hit rear end on I-94 one night 😉🤨‼️ .. it was pretty too, electric blue body, white vinyl top and interior 🙂

• rumpole2 says:

Hillary is not a crook
          Hillary is not unhealthy
          Hillary was “robbed” in the election
          Trump Colluded with Russia
          Obama was not corrupt
          Democrat Activists are not a mob

CNN does not suck

When I was a boy the BIGGEST lies were:
          The check’s in the mail
          It’s only a cold sore

• Flubber says:

Modern lies are spectacularly deceitful and destructive

Diversity is Strength
            Transwomen are women
            There are 87 genders
            Islam is a religion of peace..

I could go on….

• rrick says:

How ’bout a Dodge 4×4 with brushguards and ballistic glass and rigged with an electric fence charger to energize electrically isolated select body panels? Asking for a friend.

• G. Combs says:

“How ’bout a Dodge 4×4 with brushguards and ballistic glass….”

I want!!! I want!!! (Two of my Dodge trucks are in the shop right now and we are down to just the Dually.) At one point I had five if you count the Freightliner.

• George Hicks says:

My BIL bought a 2018 Dodge Demon SRT. 840HP only 3,000 made in the US.
        I’ve driven it a couple of times…amazing!

• George Hicks says:

My BIL bought a 2018 Dodge Demon SRT. 840HP only 3,000 made in the US.
        I’ve driven it a couple of times…amazing!

• snarkybeach says:

President Trump’s escalator speech equating illegals to rapists and criminals is ALWAYS quoted as an example of his racism. The scum MSM paraphrases and edits the speech instead of honestly reporting what he said.

• G. Combs says:

“I can see Russia from my house”. (And I think Sarah said my STATE not my house.)

The Russian-owned island of Big Diomede and the American-owned island Little Diomede, Alaska and Russia come as close as 2½ miles to one another.

4. sunnydaze says:

FNC needs to do a show a week- maybe on a weekend night- for the next 2 months that’s totally dedicated to all the violence the Left has perpetrated on peaceful Trump supporters over the past 3 years.

Just footage after footage with dates, time and place. For a full hour.

Every week.

A MAJOR problem is that it was NEVER covered by the MSM.

• rbrtsmth says:

To me it’s an open question what Fox News intentions are these days. They certainly aren’t what they used to be. I wonder where they intend to end up on the spectrum of political views.

• Milo says:

Fox’s intentions have never wavered. It is a liberal institution dedicated to spreading Socialism. It is owned by the left wing Murdoch’s who ingeniously saw a niche in the news arena for a Conservative voice and started Fox News. They throw in a few conservative commentators to mask their leftist agenda but give the liberals an unnecessary platform. It is better than the Big Three but not by much.

• No one is spreading anything but totalitarian feudalism. World wide. Global/ism. Period.
          All the “leftist” isms are totalitarian globalism. No borders but their “group think” (join or die, without liberty), no freedom for anyone but them (to destroy), and no liberty other than perversion.

All normies must go. We cramp their “style” see?

• elmo says:

Every evening program replays the other MSM spouting untruths about MAGA for at least 20 minutes per show. I have to mute most of the shows and more frequently jump to the science or history channel because I refuse to listen to that garbage. Very tiresome. So wish I had OAN.

• paulraven1 says:

Forget Fox. They’re gone.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

A splendid idea. Unfortunately False News is part of the problem. Maybe CRTV can do it and make it a free program.

• sunnydaze says:

Also,add in all the general violent mob sh*t by Antifa, BLM, and every unhinged #DemMob group out there, wether anti-Trump or not. And you’ve got enough material to last a good few years.

Highway closures, tearing up downtown Portland, tearing up Ferguson, disrupting ICE bldg…….

We could go on and on here.

And these fools try to say there is no #DemMob?

• Sunshine says:

Not weekend night. Best on a week night, preferably Wednesdays.

• Fox News is not the same Fox News that existed during the 2016 campaign. New management has caused Fox to gradually drift into the MSM. Sorry, it is becoming obvious,sadly.

5. When even Mitch McConnell is moved to stand in front of cameras and call them out, you know it’s bad.

• Texian says:

They only came out because it finally started to affect them. They were fine with it and couldn’t care less that is was happening to the People across the Country. But all of sudden when it starts happening to them, they come out of the gates blustering against what they created..

Apparently this has been the only successful way to actually get through to congress critters.. What does that tell you America..

The Trump Administration needs to find a way to turn congressmen out into the streets of the current American society they’ve created.. It is apparent they have no clue..

6. kinthenorthwest says:

Good thread for this one..

• I wonder if they’ve been listening to krooked killery explain it all today…

Still, Clinton insisted that her husband’s ability to “survive” these allegations through multiple political races is a testament to how Democrats must be “tough” in the face of Republican opposition.

“Bill had to be incredibly strong, first to be elected, then to be reelected, and to survive,” Clinton told CNN. “He really believes Democrats have to be tougher and have to stand up to the bullying and intimidation.”

And Democrats need to be do (sic/k) a better job of combating Republicans – even if it means destroying the life of an innocent man – because there’s no point being “civil” with a political party that “wants to destroy everything that you stand for,” Clinton said.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. That’s why I believe if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”

Or eric the black holder, who said moochelle was great but that dimocraps don’t need to go high when us “republicans” go low, they need to KICK.

Blood in the streets, lowretta?

• Patriot1783 says:

Need to add Loretta Lynch there with her 2017 “blood in the streets” remark.

7. BDCal says:

Courtesy of Lynn McLinden commenting on today’s Wall Street Journal’s Best of the Web:

Republicans: Jobs
    Democrats: Mobs

8. rumpole2 says:

Please don’t discourage the loony left MOB ahead of the Midterms… in fact it would be a good idea to TRIGGER them as much as possible.

• allhail2 says:

I wear my MAGA hat everyday. So does my son. No one, no one has been brave enough to say anything to my face. I’m also 6’3, 190, construction strong Alpha (but quiet about it). So is my son. He’s 19, 6,4 with a 6’10 wingspan. Basically, he could reach out and touch someone if necessary, I’ve seen him kick someone in the back of the head while facing them (karate tourney). Thankfully, neither of us have had to physically deal with stupid……yet.

The screaming and yelling is just silly. The Dem asshats are only brave in a group. They will never attempt to harass someone one on one. That’s why Mad Max told them to form a crowd and get in their face. Pure chicken s***.

9. StanH says:

Mob violence always comes from the left. Remember we work they eat, so they don’t have anything better to do. They are also very good at it until they meet real resistance, keep pushing leftist nitwits.

10. Pa Hermit says:

Unhinged, unbalanced, deranged, they all are too nice of a word to describe these lunatics! Hard to believe they are close to half of our population!

• StanH says:

This rabble is really only represents 18-22%, pending on the poll for decades. They have the mainstream democrats cowed, sorta like the Brownshirts and the Wiemar Republic.

• yucki says:

But this 18-22% get more coverage than the State of the Nation: the spectacular growth of our economy, the diplomatic triumphs.

I wish more people were watching the enthusiastic people at the rallies. People with kids, waiting patiently in line together for hours. The upbeat side that’s drowned out by this whinging, howling, drooling media circus.

• James Carpenter says:

Good comparison, small numbers properly managed, can punch way above their weight class.
        A lesson that may come back to haunt the “mobs”.

• rbrtsmth says:

They didn’t exist before Obama funneled large amounts of money to leftist groups. The true amount of money has not been discovered yet. With vast amount of stimulus money and money through increased baseline budgeting, forcing corporate donations through threats of legal actions etc.

• G. Combs says:

Yes, The TRILLIONS of ‘MISSING DOLLARS!’

“Investment advisor and former Assistant Secretary of Housing Catherine Austin Fitts says you can add $21 trillion of missing federal money on top of the $20 trillion U.S. deficit. It’s all in a new explosive report on Solari.com. Fitts explains, “This is $65,000 for every man, woman and child resident in America. In addition, it is now more than the outstanding official debt on the U.S. balance sheet. . . . We know that the U.S. government has been run like a criminal enterprise from a financial standpoint.” —

• NC Patriot says:

I don’t think they are half—-25-30 % very noisy, nasties, 20-25% Dems who are beginning to wake up and can be more reasonable, and some of these are Blacks and Hispanics, who want to live in peace like we do.

11. trumpismine says:

communist news network is disgusting, know thy enemy. TY sundance university

12. no-nonsense-nancy says:

They’ve turned us into a democracy ,which is mob rule. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-XfvKADUjA

13. 4EDouglas says:

I worry about Kayne West with these evil Klowns. Praying for his protection..
    fight them, vote and arm yourself .

14. rjcylon says:

I’m sorry but when we are talking about transgender reproductive rights and healthcare being threatened by alarming rates of climate change that is being ignored by a xenophobic white patriarchy who turn a blind eye to gun violence, then it’s not a mob, it’s the people fighting for a social justice democracy and raising awareness for non-civility in the public square.

Or something.

15. feralcatsblog says:

The Democrats, who created the KKK, are now returning to their LynchOcrats roots.

16. Super Elite says:

Previously if someone threatened me I always knew where I kept my shotgun. If a mob attacks that’s another story. Fortunately for me Sundance convinced me to respond with my best manners. Now when vicious or silly types confront me I politely hold the door for them even smile. If this keeps up I may become a real Christian after all.

17. Sound An Alarm says:

One of the first mobs I can remember was the black panther mob that guarded the voting places in Philly. obama wouldn’t say anything bad about them.

18. MAGAbear says:

The left really does resemble the Orcs from Lord of the Rings. If only it were legal to dispose of them like in the movie (sigh).

19. rf121 says:

I am all in on the climate change. Yesterday in North Dakota. Wheat harvest.

20. feralcatsblog says:

The democrat mobs prove yet again that although you can take the Democrats out of the KKK, you can’t take the KKK mob mentality out of the Democrats.

21. Matt Transit says:

The dimms have nothing but projection.
    Accuse the President of what they actually practice.
    Think back to, in the summer or early fall 2016, during the campaign. The leftist mob, attacking, and assaulting, Candidate Trump supporters at the University of Chicago.
    (Candidate Trump had to cancel the rally, to avoid fiurther violence against his supporters.)
    Every last msm outlet blamed Candidate Trump, and his “hateful rhetoric”, for their sides violence.
    So the leftist mobs are not mobs because the leftist msm tell us so. Got it.
    (Let’s see those sealed indictments unsealed. Please.)

• Bendix says:

Lester Holt of NBC, every time Donald Trump said anything, editorialized by characterizing it as “rhetoric”.
      Every. Single. Time.

• jmclever says:

Megyn whats her name and Ted Cruz joined in blaming Trump for that. That’s when Cruz forever lost my respect.

• Matt Transit says:

I remember that as well.
        I didn’t want to mention Ted Cruz because I didn’t want to speak negatively of him in this election cycle.
        (But he definitely has to be supported over that O’Rourke pos.ĺ

22. Motzilla says:

“Everything is fine.”

23. TigerBear says:

I am betting that if conservatives began using these tactics like chasing the communist Pelosi, Schumer, Maxine ect…out of places by running in packs and getting in their faces….”mob” would come back into use in short order. LOL

I’m not suggesting we actually act like violent toddlers…..but I am kind of leaning towatds “protestors” doing a few in your face screeches on the communists. Just a little tit for tat…so to speak. LOL

24. feralcatsblog says:

Hate and incitement for assassination are now the two defining characteristics of the democrat party. And make no mistake, what they are doing is incitement for assassination. And now even a play with the bloody assassination of Trump. They must know what they are doing is a call to assassination and that all it would take is for one of their followers to answer their call for their wish to come true.

25. Enoughisenough says:

The “pee on my leg and tell me it’s rain” days are over. No matter how much the left, with their accomplices in the MSM tells you not to believe your lying eyes, the reality is very clear to anyone with a brain cell between their ears. Sugar-coating the violence and mayhem does nothing to dispel the hard cold truth, but goes a long way to prove the bias of the media. Keep it up, and expose your agenda for the world to see! MAGA/KAG!

26. The FED is another mob….

Therefore before it’s too late…

VOTE STRAIGHT RED AND DUMP THE FED

27. kinthenorthwest says:

Can’t help but wonder how many of ANITAer’s guns are legal.

Antifa is starting to practice open carry at protests

28. RobInPA says:

I used to think that carrying around 15+1 and another 15 was ‘sufficient’.

Upon further consideration, maybe not so much.

It’s fair to say however, that I do not live in, work in of frequent the crap-hole cities where this violence and mayhem is likely to occur, but with how the way things are going, which is downhill quickly, the vermin I expect will soon set out to find other places to hunt, er, I mean march, where they might be able to find a target rich with Deplorable victims.

Here is a case where someone dared to prepare themselves to defend themselves, in a crap-hole city no less, and look where it got him. . .

Scary times my friends. Be ready.

• Boots says:

I remember watching the footage and was astonished and sick at the arrest of Michael Aaron Strickland.

Strickland was an independent reporter well known to the radical left courts, corrupt cops, and radical local politicians. They all hung him high for his previous truthful reporting.

Contrary to what the article implied, Strickland was retreating when he drew his weapon. Watch the video. His fear is starkly evident in his face and in his voice. Especially his voice. It’s beyond doubt he was legitimately afraid for his safety in the face of a verbally belligerent crowd aggressively closing in and trying to flank him on both sides. He drew his weapon as a deterrent to protect himself from grave bodily injury; more succinctly, to prevent from being beaten to unconsciousness by a deranged crowd as police officers stood by and watched.

***** He may’ve fared better at trial if he’d shot one of the aggressors. *****

I can only shudder to imagine the overwhelmingly “progressive” jury members and the “progressive” judge’s jury instructions.

Excerpt:
      ———
      On July 7, 2016, the same day that a BLM supporter murdered 5 police officers in Dallas, Strickland was videoing a PDX-Black Lives Matter protest in downtown Portland. He was recognized by some of the protesters, and a group of them converged on him, pushing and threatening him. Organizers admitted during the trial that Strickland’s likely presence had been discussed before the event, and it had been decided that if they saw him there, they would make him leave or make him regret not doing so.

As the group closed on him, Strickland began backing away, asserting his right to be there and to record video, but the group got more aggressive and threatening, to the point that Strickland raised his shirt and placed his hand on his legally carried pistol. This created a pause in the assault, but it was only momentary. The crowd continued to close and Strickland continued to back away.

The men Strickland was facing had seen his sidearm. They knew he had the gun and had heard him warn that he would use it, yet they continued to press. One of the prime instigators, an overweight Antifa activist who Strickland had had run-ins with in the past, circled around and tried to close on Strickland’s left flank. At the same time, some in the main group began to aggressively surge forward. That’s when Strickland drew the gun, turning first toward the Antifa guy rapidly closing on his left flank, then back toward the main body of aggressors.

At no point did Strickland actually point the gun at anyone though, instead keeping it in a low-ready position, with his finger clearly indexed outside the trigger guard, he ordered the aggressors to “Back off.”

Strickland had backed up almost a full city block from the time he exposed his handgun to the time he actually pulled it. He then backed another block up and over to an area where police had gathered, and reported what had happened. The police ordered him face-down in the street and arrested him.

Strickland was initially charged with misdemeanor threatening and disorderly conduct, but those charges were quickly upped to multiple felonies after prosecutors realized who Strickland was.

Though the potential penalty for Strickland’s conviction could have been more than 50 years in prison, the judge opted for a much lighter sentence. Strickland was sentenced to 40 days in jail, 240 hours of community service, prohibited from videoing public events for at least the rest of the year, and, since 10 of the charges were felonies, he lost his right to possess firearms and ammunition for the rest of his life.

The judge declared that Strickland was not in danger, and had a means of egress, but his adversaries were threatening and trying to box him in, even after he had first warned them, let them see the gun on his belt, and even after he had drawn it. These were not peaceful protesters. These were thugs demonstrating a willingness – even a desire – to do violence.

The relatively light sentence meted out by the judge, shows that he knew Strickland wasn’t a threat to society. He also knew that the trial had been a sham, and the conviction was contrary to established precedents. The liberty community was beginning to boil over the case, and the judge knew that a harsh sentence would generate significant backlash. By going with a sentence that was much lighter than it could have been, the judge was hoping to throw a wet blanket on the public’s outrage over the case, and to make the idea of pushing an appeal less appealing.

END OF EXCERPT
      ————————

Mr. Strickland’s pro-2nd Amendment attorney Robert Barnes (Los Angeles, CA) filed an appeal with Oregon appeals court in December 2017.

• Linus in W.PA. says:

While I would love to drive my car, at high speed, through a crowd of ‘protesters’ blocking a highway, it’s a lose-lose situation.

I think it’s best just to avoid it if possible.

29. TreeClimber says:

Democracy is mob rule. We’re not a democracy, we’re a republic – and here’s why.

30. IMO says:

DemocRats are the party of crime.

31. technerd55 says:

Word association… Every time CNN declares that it’s not a mob, they use the word mob. It doesn’t matter what they say after that.

32. Jimmey says:

Sh.ts way out of control.. Everything is click bait… In the day of social media.. It’s time to hold people in charge .

Every big wig in social media plays on emotions, yet not one will start a March! Not even mention it. Not even write an article about how America has peacefully protested, in many marches. People need to wake up to that fact.
    So the story goes…….on …….and …………on….

Where is the modern day Paul Revere ….. I question that!

33. Adam says:

This is scary stuff. I have two young daughters in MA, my wife and I agreed to stay away from the city.

34. cadgbd says:

The peasants are revolting

35. Paul says:

The MOB participants have too much idle time on their hands. They eat for free. They don’t work. Put them to work and don’t feed them if they refuse. Hunger and pain are a wonderful teacher.

36. K.N. McBride says:

One of the Democrats’ recurring delusions is to look at their vote total and assume that everyone who voted for them is wiling to die for the cause.

This is nonsense on stilts. It speaks volumes that the jurisdictions where Antifa is most aggressive are also the ones where they know they will get a slap on the wrist.

I’ve made a study of the left over many years. I’m particularly fascinated by the 1930s and the Spanish Civil War. The leftists of that era were true believers. They were wiling to defy embargoes and their own governments for the privilege of using obsolete firearms with intermittent supplies to fight actual fascism. They died by the thousands, which proves that at least they were wholly devoted to their misguided beliefs.

Today’s version are LARPers who want to collect participation trophies without getting hurt.

Nevertheless, they remain dangerous precisely because they are so deluded. The Dems are trying to make shock troops out of the mentally unstable and the easily led and miscalculation in a charged atmosphere can have disastrous consequences.

• TarsTarkas says:

George Orwell’s experience fighting in the Spanish Civil War (and surviving the brutal bloodthirsty purges of the insufficiently pure by the pure) is what turned him against Communism (although not Socialism).

• K.N. McBride says:

I’ve read the book, and what was striking was not just the betrayal but also the utter commitment of the left to fighting for their cause.

That level of dedication is completely absent today.

Imagine a bunch of millennials being told that they can’t have their iPhones, have to wear second-hand clothes, sleep on the ground, eat beans and stale biscuits for nourishment and fight off air and armor attacks with broken rifles, 10 rounds per man.

They’d desert immediately.

• RobInPA says:

Thank you sharing that with us K.N.M.!

You piqued my interest a bit and did some “internet look’n up” (formerly known as the company that shall not be named) and thought it very interesting that the “Republican” faction of this conflict was comprised of the gov’t., leftists, anarchist and communists.

• lemmus1 says:

… it’s not the snowflakes I worry about …it’s zealots like Holder, Mad Maggie and McCabe who once more in power will not surrender it peacefully ever again …and will not hesitate to call in the blue helmets in the name of protecting democratic socialism from a fascist coup …all the pieces are in place, the UN Charter authorizes it, the globalists will back it as will China, Russia, and many of our erstwhile allies …not to mention untold millions of Americans …vote like there is no tomorrow, there just may not be

…leftist mobs are nothing new …I’ve served on foreign soil, alongside names on the wall …when I returned stateside, some places we couldn’t wear our uniforms off-base …different times, same mindset, same mob, new tactics …the left will eventually tear down the wall …then hold a ceremony with everyone pissing on the rubble …think about that …in the end, it’s inevitable

…they ask for an inch, take a mile …wait a bit, come back for another inch, take another mile …wait a bit …ad infinitum …they never, ever give an inch back …it’s been a one-way highway to hell …yesterday a flag, today a statue, tomorrow a wall …all racist

…Trump got an inch back …if he can keep it …they flat can’t allow that

37. pochas94 says:

We benefit from evolved behavior which, like our physical evolution, has survival-of-the-fittest benefits. Components of this evolved behavior come from the Assyrians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, English, and of course we ourselves. Christianity is crucial as well. We can embrace this polyglot product of evolution and hope to continue its development, or we can reject it and embrace mob rule and the end of civilization.

38. jmclever says:

lets not forget the Chicago rally that had to be cancelled. There’s no way to spin themselves out of that “mob”

39. Jase says:

The level of stupidity at CNN is truly wondrous to behold. They give 24/7 coverage to Antigua and Feminazi mobs protesting, well, anything, because they think the footage hurts President Trump. Now they have put themselves in the cleft stick of having to show footage of angry mobs trashing the joint while saying ‘this is not an angry mob’.
    The stupid, it burns.

40. California Joe says:

If Trump had an Attorney General they would go after the city police departments that won’t arrest the rioters!

• G. Combs says:

States Rights….

It is up to the citizens to say ENOUGH and vote the scumbags who enable this out of office. We may be FINALLY getting to that point. Especially since the 1982 Consent Decree has finally ended and republicans can go after the DemonRats for voter fraud.

(PAIN is a great teacher and only with enough PAIN will the latte drinking commies finally figure out they really do not want communism.)

41. jmclever says:

Interesting that this narrative is surfacing after Hillary Clinton said that there would be no civility until the Dems take back the house and senate, basically threatening We the People to vote dem or else

42. southernmom19 says:

As the walk away movement grows, the Democratic Party is left with the most insane people that society has to offer. The moderate dems are leaving and the crazy leftists are staying. Pretty soon all they’ll have left is pedophiles, ms13, and fat blue-haired feminists. What a bunch of nasty thugs.

43. jmclever says:

Send these foul beasts into the abyss!! (electorally speaking of course)

44. burnett044 says:

mobs….let`s take a walk down memory lane shall we…..

45. rumpole2 says:

If we don’t get a Red Wave on election night….

I’m gonna cry like a Liberal!!!!

46. stats_guy says:

The realclearpolitics House races look to be closing tight. Here’s hoping that Nancy and her stooges don’t get their dream:

47. America First says:

SD is right; one can’t watch the video and not notice that they are all pushing the same story.

This is exactly why I believe the RNC should make about 20 more of the “Unhinged” ads, there is plenty of material.

48. V.I.G. says:

I think SD missed the mark on the original Occupy leadership. I know one very well and his story, is one of being run off, by paid Obama operatives, with help of the FBI.

This happened in several cities and than worked its way all the way to the top. The original people, are extreme anti Globalists and most voted for Trump.

49. alliwantissometruth says:

The school system is one of the biggest producers of unhinged leftist lemmings, which in my opinion is the biggest threat out there. Our own schools / colleges are mass producing these insane anti-American freaks

I saw a video of a Antifa mob, & this one white idiot is screaming at normal people walking down the street, say “f*** you you bourgeois white motherf***ers. My comrades & I will rule over you”

Think how utterly ridiculous that is. This imbecilic white dork playing out his revolution fantasies he was taught in school

On one hand it’s hysterical, on the other it’s dangerous because we’re allowing these mental midgets to mass produce

One thing though, these skinny dorks would be easily knocked out if it came down to a fight between them & the American patriot

It wouldn’t even be close

50. Pedro Morales says:

CNN cracks me up. they don’t realize that it’s not the 1980s anymore. there audience is miniscule. it’s absolutely pathetic. they could not drive a narrative if they wanted to. They have no audience. a typical show does less than 1 million viewers in primetime. Show for show Fox does about triple the ratings, sometimes quadruple the ratings of CNN. Fox does 3 million in their Prime Time lineup. Why anyone leaks to CNN is beyond me. they do not have the cashe that they think they do.