Thursday October 11th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

203 Responses to Thursday October 11th – Open Thread

1. BakoCarl says:

Judge K

We needed a new Justice without delay,
    The best in the land, so we chose Judge K.
    He interprets the law with an even hand,
    As it was meant, and favoring no man.

The Dimms were angry, they twist the law,
    And need more judges to see as they saw.
    “We need someone who’ll rule all our way,
    Bending the law to our will every day.”

“We did it to Bork; we’ll do it again.
    Though we lost with Thomas, this time we’ll win.”
    So they made up stories with a fake victim, too,
    And sprung their trap. “It’s certain. He’s through!”

They withheld their lies to time it just right,
    And delayed the vote to their spiteful delight.
    The media, complicit, mean and small,
    Gave air time and print, ensuring downfall.

But Judge K is made of much sterner stuff.
    He sat down with purpose to say “That’s enough!”
    He made his statement both saddened and grim,
    To defend his name from the lying Dimms.

He tore apart their stories and all their lies,
    Revealing the Dimms as all clowns, no disguise.
    He exposed their plan and put them to shame
    For plotting to ruin his life and his name.

Through it all, he gives the “victim” no ill will,
    Showing a grace not often seen on The Hill.
    And it was Liza, his daughter of 10,
    Who said “Pray for her.” Well, I say “Amen.”

From the heart of a child who was brought up right,
    Words of wisdom to show us all God’s Light.
    We shouldn’t be surprised, though we might be awed,
    For all these things are in the Hand of God.

“Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
    bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”

2. DanDeplorable says:

Tell him

previous:

The greatest defense

3. citizen817 says:

FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD. CRESTED BUTTE, CO.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. Deplorable_Infidel says:

The Key To A Worry-free Life

According to doctors at the Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, rattlesnakes thought to be dead can still strike, bite, and kill you. Doctors in Phoenix said they have a large number of patients admitted each year suffering from bites from rattlers thought to be dead. Sometimes the snakes were shot and their heads cutoff; but, the snake head retains a reflex action. In fact, one study showed that snake heads could still make striking-type motions up to sixty minutes after decapitation.

Satan, that old Serpent, was defeated at Calvary—his head was cut off. Hebrews Chapter 2 says that our Savior, by His death, destroyed him who holds the power of death. But for a season Satan can still strike and wound us. He can still hurt us and poison our relationships and spread his deadly venom into our homes and lives.

Paul admonished the Corinthians to take great care in this area, “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices” (II Cor. 2:11). Although this may have been true in the apostle’s day, we are not sure it is the case today. It seems to us that many believers are unaware they are under attack. Satan can be very subtle and his devices are well planned. While his devices take on many forms there is one in particular that he uses quite effectively— worry! If the enemy can keep you off balance in this area he can successfully hinder your service for the Lord.

WORRY

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” —Phil. 4:6,7

Do you worry? I didn’t think so, but there are some who struggle with this problem. Paul says, “Be careful for nothing.” In our modern day language we would say, “Don’t worry about anything.” The Greek word behind the term “careful” here is merimnao, which means to pull in different directions, to distract. This is exactly what worry will do to you—it will tear you apart both emotionally and physically. It can be one of the leading causes of ulcers, which is something else to worry about!

Worry always dwells on the future in regard to what may or may not happen. It mulls over every worst-case scenario imaginable until you are tied in knots. We might say it this way: the past belongs to the ages, the present belongs to us, but the future belongs to God.

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

2Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

6. Mandy says:

Remember to pray Psalm 40 for the Kavanaugh family!

Psalm 40 King James Version (KJV)

40 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest.

10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.

17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

7. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Trips, Workshop, , Conservative, Fact & Fun, Brainstorming, Wine & Dine,

Conservative meetups and workshops in fine Villas in Italy.
    We will wine and dine, hike and bike, walk through the see sights, swim, cruise, and work together while discussing issues of the day and strategies to implement.
    The primary purposes of these meetings are:

1-To know each other as conservatives and put together our people for more significant impact and vision.
    2-To structure and schedule our “to do” lists.
    3-To brainstorm and develop strategies.
    4-To create an action plan.

However, the secondary purposes of these workshops are:

1-To return to our core values and human contact.
    2-To connect conservative businesses. (e.g., If you need to sell your house, we will find another conservative interested in your property. We don’t want your money to fill the liberal pockets.)
    3- To enforce our mental/spiritual power, by being together, feeling together and becoming a family again in a human society.
    4-To create a directory and a talent pool for conservative businesses and build a base to launch a “conservative leadership magazine.” (Only those people who are interested in being public will participate in this directory. For those who are not, there will be no publicity during or after our trips.)

8. Anetra says:

According to Breitbart, Colin Kaepernick filed for a registered trademark of his face and hair!!
    My, what an EGO! I believe he is violalating the US trademark and copyright laws. Pretty sure exact image is already registered. Oh wait! Maybe Pakistan / Iraq / Death to America ideology isn’t covered under US law. (Apparently).

9. I have no idea what this is, no tail numbers visible or a sign on it, looks cool though.

10. Janie M. says:

Last night I somehow transitioned from the site I was at over to Google+. The acct.there belongs to Mike Braica. He has magnificent photos and gifs of mostly animals and a few funny memes. Two in particular stood out to me. In the left-hand column, 11th photo from the top is listed by Mike as the Joke of the Day but I found it to be up-lifting. The caption across the photo says, “Happiness is a choice.”

The 2nd one is a gif and was pretty funny. It’s titled, “Animal Lovers.” I call it the “dead duck.” A golden lab and duck are the subject creatures. This was in the 2nd column on the right and is the 13th photo from the top.
    Link to Mike’s page:

11. Janie M. says:

Sweet 💕. Dog is named Milo and the lion is Bonedigger.

12. Psalm 3
    Threatened but Trusting

A psalm of David, when he fled from his son Absalom.

How many are my foes, Lord!
    … How many rise against me!

How many say of me,
    … “There is no salvation for him in God.”
    Selah

But you, Lord, are a shield around me;
    … my glory, you keep my head high.

With my own voice I will call out to the Lord,
    … and he will answer me from his holy mountain.
    Selah

I lie down and I fall asleep,
    … [and] I will wake up, for the Lord sustains me.

I do not fear, then, thousands of people
    … arrayed against me on every side.

Arise, Lord! Save me, my God!
    … For you strike the cheekbone of all my foes;
    … you break the teeth of the wicked.

Salvation is from the Lord!
    … May your blessing be upon your people!
    Selah

13. Psalm 1
    True Happiness in God’s Law

Blessed is the man who does not walk
    in the counsel of the wicked,
    Nor stand in the way of sinners,
    nor sit in company with scoffers.

Rather, the law of the Lord is his joy;
    and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree
    planted near streams of water,
    that yields its fruit in season;
    Its leaves never wither;
    whatever he does prospers.

But not so are the wicked, not so!
    They are like chaff driven by the wind.

Therefore the wicked will not arise at the judgment,
    nor will sinners in the assembly of the just.

Because the Lord knows the way of the just,
    but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

14. Dora says:

Paul Henry – ‘The Fairy Thorn’ (c.1925-29).

The new Ireland broods under a sky banked with cumulus

in a painting potent with Henry’s recurring motifs of cloud, mountain, rock and water.

His thorn trees are always haunting, irrepressible and stoic.

15. smiley says:

Red Dogwood

oil/linen

ca 2018

Wintry Boughs

oil/linen

2018

artist : Clyde Aspevig ~ American (Montana) ~ Contemporary ~ Landscapes ~ Impressionism

more, here…

a very skilled and thoughtful plein air painter..

concerned with space…rythm…harmony.

from his Bio : “….he considers his paintings as old friends..”

🙂

16. Dora says:

I think that loneliness is the worst part of growing old. It’s worse than all the aches and pains and other discomforts. Now it’s considered a health threat.

I can see how being lonely can threaten a person’s health and lead to depression.

===

Loneliness is an emerging public health threat

• sobriquet4u says:

This is an important aspect of aging and has been overlooked in the past. I’m no spring chicken but I make a point to never pass by an older senior without smiling and speaking to them. It is very important to make eye contact and say something nice. Your acknowledgement may be the only source of attention they receive that day or week. I made this decision several years ago when my husband and I were sitting across from a couple who had brought their elderly father to dinner. They sat looking at their cell phones the entire time. NEVER did they speak to the elderly father. It was heartbreaking and I made a promise to myself that from then on out I would speak to and acknowledge all elderly. After all…we have become invisible to society.

• Sepp says:

When loneliness strikes – at any age – the remembrance of God the Holy Trinity, of having a Holy Guardian Angel, of having a Patron Saint, and of the Lives of various Saints tends to be helpful for me at specific moments.

This is just my opinion.
      One issue with loneliness in these particular times is that the intentional upturning and overturning of normal relations among people is so foreign to people who remember a different, better time. Feeling like a stranger in one’s own neighborhood or city can lead to something similar to loneliness.

The Blessing Psalter of Saint Arsenios of Cappadocia has specific Psalms that the Saint chose for addressing specific needs born from generations of experience.

The Psalms listed in the link with their specific use might not seem to match what modern people would assume they should correspond to. These are also the numbering from the Psalter of the Greek Septuagint used since before the first days of the Church.

17. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“…With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”
    Mark 10:27 (KJV)

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

19. Dora says:

When I turned on the news this morning, there was a lot of concern about these two men.

It’s good to know that they are safe.

20. Dora says:

I’m not sure whether I like them or not. To tell you the truth, they give me the creeps.

21. Dora says:

Like all liberals, Pope Francis is a coward and a liar! This is not going to go over well, I assure you.

====

Pope Francis scapegoats John Paul II

Church Militant has learned that anti-Viganò forces in the Vatican are rigging the upcoming papal investigation into the McCarrick situation in an effort to shield the homosexual network in the Vatican.

The plan is to release a final report shifting as much blame as possible for McCarrick’s rise to power onto Pope St. John Paul II.

22. smiley says:

WALSH : Are The Democrats Trying To Get People Killed ?

Oct 10, 2018

like.. Eric Holder, for instance..

when they go low, we kick them

are they really that stupid ?

…or do they just want violence.

I’m going with want violence .

23. nikkichico7 says:

The Danger of Suppressing Truth
    OCTOBER 11, 2018

Romans 1:18-23

Have you ever wondered why some very intelligent people live successfully by the world’s standards yet are unable to comprehend the most important truths about God? Although mankind was created to acknowledge the Lord and share a relationship with Him, many people deny His existence.

God has made knowledge about Himself evident to every person and has revealed His attributes and divine nature through His creation. However, many people choose to suppress this reality because it interferes with their preferred lifestyle. Instead, they chase false philosophies that are usually mixed with just enough truth to seem believable. Yet any “truth” crafted by man is foolishness, and those who have willfully rejected divine revelation won’t be able to see their error no matter how much evidence has been provided.

All the denial and atheistic arguments in the world will not change what is reality—namely, that God is the Creator, and He made mankind to love, obey, and honor Him. To resist is to choose a life of darkness and deception, which begins a downward slide ending in a hardened heart and eternal separation from a loving Father.

But God continues to invite people to believe the truth and come to Him. This is the only way to receive the gospel, which is able to save souls. In Psalm 34:8, David calls out, “O taste and see that the Lord is good.” And for those who have accepted His revelations, the Lord is indeed better than all this world has to offer.
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

24. smiley says:

what’s in your Fish Oil ? taming the supplement industry…

food for thought

25. skeinster says:

We are blessed with so many postings of beauty here at CTH. Please enjoy these- just posting the link to the main page of albums.
    I love the joy on the faces of the postulants being given their habits, the novices making their first vows and Mother Abbess at her investiture.
    As you can see from the group photos, they have grown so large that they will make a new foundation soon in Madison, WI. Deo Gratias!

26. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Is the crooked leftwing media truly evil or simply deranged?

“It was bad enough when Democrats and the media went after Brett Kavanaugh’s high school yearbook and behavior. Given time, not doubt the media and Spartacus would have come around to examining Kavanaugh’s early childhood years. Even though he’s on the Supreme Court now, it still may happen. We are dealing with a sick media, one which thinks it’s appropriate to explore not just college behavior, but 3rd grade behavior.” ~ From the above article by site founder William Jacobson

27. nikkichico7 says:

Happy Cursday 🐶

🙂

28. Bruce V Eide says:

The Lord’s Prayer,
    What a great way to start the day. Thanks so much folks!

29. duchess01 says:

And we wonder why the ‘Media’ is so evil…the word ‘media’ comes from the word ‘medium’ –

medium
    Definitions
    from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

• smiley says:

can see it 2 ways..

either as the plural of the latin word medium ….media;

or as the feminine of the latin noun medius ….media .

“the media” started to be used in the 1920s, referring mainly to printed news…

“mass media” started after WW2 to include tv, radio and then video.

basically, in the sense of “news”, it just connotes a means of communication…or of mass communication.

personally, I don’t see anything sinister, necessarily, with the word medium unless you’re thinking of the kind of Medium who channels dead spirits ??

• smiley says:

geez sorry for all the ITALICIZED words there…must’ve been channeling my index finger to type faster .

😀

• duchess01 says:

That is my point, smiley – our ‘media’ channels ‘dead spirits’ – the kind that do not give life to the living – they are of their father, the devil – spreading lies, misinformation, and contorting the truth – in my eyes – they are ‘dead spirits’ – the godless trying to manipulate everything and everyone! But hey, that is just me!

• duchess01 says:

Why is it called ‘programming’?

Wiktionary

programming(Noun)
          The designing, scheduling or planning of a radio or television program / programme

“The network changed its programming to mess with DVRs again.”

programming(Noun)
          brain-washing

programming(Noun)
          The act of writing a computer program.

“Management wanted to know how much programming the project would need.”

programming(Noun)
          The software that controls a machine, or the logic or expressed in such software; operating instructions

A robot’s programming doesn’t allow for love.

30. 17CatsInTN says:

Happy Cursday! Yep, that’s a dog. On my back deck. Uh, huh. You’ll notice there is not a single cat in sight. 🙂 This picture was taken last year when I first moved here.

I’ve discovered there are a lot of dogs that roam around in the country and this was the first one brave enough to come up and say hi. You would be amazed how many of these “wild” country dogs get chased off after being confronted by a hissing, spitting, back arched little ball of really angry fur… 😉

I named him Buddy. He was a really sweet boy, though I think he had been abused because he cowered a lot. He disappeared after about 4 months and I haven’t seen him since. A real shame.

• smiley says:

aww 😦 😦

that’s just too sad !

not fair…poor kiddo.

• 17CatsInTN says:

I know. It broke my heart. I showered him with affection and you could tell he just loved it. I’m probably better off not knowing what happened to him.

• smiley says:

his face in that photo…poor boy.

did the bad cats chase him away ?

maybe he just has wanderlust.

• 17CatsInTN says:

He was very jumpy and they did scare him at times. Mostly, though, the cats disappear when a dog shows up. I do have a couple that stand their ground and get aggressive towards the dogs.

He would often come and go in my yard. He learned I gave out treats. He also knew I would love on him, and he craved that. I’d sit down on the steps and he would lean up against me. That went on for about 4 months, then he just completely disappeared. At some point someone owned him as he had a collar.

I have learned not to speculate because it only upsets me thinking about the cruel possibilities. Like with my feral kitties, I love ’em while I have ’em, and mourn their loss when they don’t come back. Their lives are so very hard.

• Jeff says:

As you look at Texas, that blue strip down at the bottom is the Rio Grande Valley; it’s historically been blue and likely will remain that way due to the free and open border. The BP is doing their best, but there’s just too few of them and such a large area to cover. Also, water rights to the Rio Grande River come into play as both Texas and Mexico rely on that water. Much as I would like to see it, you can’t just throw up a wall there. Going to have to come up with an innovative solution for that. That lonely blue spot just above is Austin, and Austin’s always been weird and they like it that way. To the far left is El Paso, one of the major gateways between Mexico and the U.S. Can’t tell you much about that, that you don’t already know. The blue patch in between El Paso and the Rio Grande Valley is Presidio County in Big Bend country, another major international crossing. I spent a weekend down there this past Labor Day hiking around in Big Bend National Park. I stood atop a bluff overlooking the Rio Grande River, perhaps 40 feet across and no more than 4 feet deep. No walls, no fences, no guards, no people. In fact, the wildlife outnumbers the humans in that area, and I saw very little of that. If I had wanted to, I could have strolled across to Mexico unchallenged. It’s considered the most remote area in the Lower 48.
      And I love it. It’s one of my favorite places in the U.S., and I go back there every 5 years or so. It’s not green and verdant, it’s desert mountain country, and possessed of a stark natural beauty all its own. To draw a mental picture, I often tell people to think of all those old Clint Eastwood westerns. Let me see if I can post that shot of the Rio Grande overlook:
      The Rio Grande

31. BigMamaTEA says:

Allum Bokhari, Sr. Technology correspondent for Breitbart…..has obtained a document from inside Google, and as written a series of 7-8 articles, all posted the same day based on that 85 pg document.

The first article is : (if you click on Allum’s name, it brings up all of the articles)

‘THE GOOD CENSOR’: Leaked Google Briefing Admits Abandonment of Free Speech for ‘Safety And Civility’

I have uploaded the document on my scribd page, just in case……

32. Sepp says:

October
    German-American Heritage Month

Video below should be of President Reagan’s Remarks Commemorating German-American Day on October 6, 1988.

33. L. Gee says:

Don’t forget to pray for Sundance, other first responders, and hurricane victims today. I don’t know Sundance’s schedule, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to hear hat he’s out working off some of that “caustic masculinity” right now!

34. duchess01 says:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2018
    What is a Conservative Reprobate?

35. Dora says:

Sinatra fans will love this. 🙂

====

Hear Frank Sinatra’s Unfinished ‘Lush Life,’ Finally Released After 60 Years (EXCLUSIVE)

Variety has the official premiere of the Chairman’s legendarily incomplete recording, part of an “Only the Lonely” deluxe reissue due Oct. 19.

36. Citizen 817 says:

37. patrickhenrycensored says:

Emotional moment owner finds his lost dog homeless in the street after THREE YEARS of searching for him

38. YL Calif says:

Did anyone notice the “Devil Horn” hand signals being flashed by the outraged mob as Kavanaugh was being sworn in? Go to the 15 sec mark in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRnmnxVtDqg

39. getfitnow says:

FTA – Fox News host Tucker Carlson´s book, “Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class Is Bringing America to the Brink of Revolution,” has vaulted to No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list, unseating Bob Woodward´s “Fear: Trump in the White House” after four weeks in the top spot.

40. Dora says:

41. Judge Jeannine speaks to Liberty U. convocation in the past few weeks. Corey Stewart very passionate at beginning. Seeing the sober inspiration to this enormous crowd of young people just getting a start on their action in the world moved my heart to prayer. (worth the 30+ mins)

42. duchess01 says:

nfectious typhus, fueled by homeless, reaches epidemic levels in southern California
    October 11, 2018

43. bakocarl says:

Am I still stuck in moderation after trying to use WordPress?

44. Sepp says:

“Remember When Leaders in the West Knew Islam Was the Enemy of Free People?”

This is the latest article from John Guandolo and his team at Understanding the Threat.

The article included a series of quotes from several leaders in the West.

• bakocarl says:

Here’s a quote from a leader you can add:

Galatians 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
      9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

– Paul, the Apostle of Jesus Christ

45. Deplorable_Infidel says:

JUPITER AND THE MOON:

When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look southwest. The slender crescent Moon is passing by Jupiter in the twilight sky. Try to catch them before the sky fades to black. A Moon-Jupiter conjunction framed by twilight blue is extra beautiful: sky map. Free: Aurora alerts.