Monday September 24th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

230 Responses to Monday September 24th – Open Thread

1. Deplorable_Infidel says:

A Precious Commodity

It has been said that “when Raphael died at thirty-seven years of age, they carried his marvelous painting, ‘The Transfiguration,’ only half finished, in the funeral procession as a symbol of the incompleteness of life and the brevity of time.”

Time is a precious commodity! When the Apostle Paul instructed the Ephesians to redeem the time, he wanted them to make wise use of it. They were not to squander it on worldly pursuits that would draw them away from the things of the Lord. But redeeming the time also implies taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves in life.

When Paul, for example, was unjustly incarcerated at Rome, he did not view his circumstances as a setback in his ministry, but as an opportunity for the furtherance of the gospel. It gave him access to Caesar’s household that he would not have otherwise had. And as a result, many were saved.

Rather than dwell on his mitigating circumstances that would have only frustrated the grace of God, Paul instead chose to produce what is perhaps his greatest body of work—his Prison Epistles that continue to minister to the Body of Christ to this very day. This is why it is important to follow Paul’s example, that we too might be more productive in the Lord’s service. His unfaltering love and devotion to the Savior, Who saved him on the road to Damascus, was the motivating influence in his life, as it should be in ours.

As you read these lines, there will be numerous opportunities throughout the coming year to make a difference in someone’s life. But it is essential to take advantage of them as Paul did. Perhaps it’s a neighbor down the street who needs a helping hand. Reach out to them, as the Lord reached out to us; and when you do, take the gospel with you.

Become a mentor to someone who is new to the faith, someone who has more questions than answers about the Word of God. Make a difference in someone’s life. Only eternity will bear out the fruits of your labor for Christ. You will be amazed when you get to Glory and someone walks up to you and says, “Thank you for the word of encouragement that day, it was a turning point in my Christian life.”

May God help us to live every day in light of the Judgment Seat of Christ, where we will all stand astounded at what could have been.

By Pastor Paul M. Sadler

• Too Real says:

NEVER SAID BETTER

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice,
      because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
      Franklin Graham was speaking at the First Baptist Church
      in Jacksonville , Florida , when he said America will not
      come back. He wrote:

“The American dream ended on November 6th, 2012.
      The second term of Barack Obama has been the final nail
      in the coffin for the legacy of the white Christian males who
      discovered, explored, pioneered, settled and developed the
      greatest republic in the history of mankind.

A coalition of blacks, Latinos, feminists, gays, government
      workers, union members, environmental extremists, the media,
      Hollywood, uninformed young people, the “forever needy,” the
      chronically unemployed, illegal aliens and other “fellow travelers”
      have ended Norman Rockwell’s America .

You will never again out-vote these people. It will take individual
      acts of defiance and massive displays of civil disobedience to get
      back the rights we have allowed them to take away. It will take
      zealots, not moderates and shy, not reach-across-the-aisle RINOs
      to right this ship and restore our beloved country to its former status.

People like me are completely politically irrelevant, and I will probably
      never again be able to legally comment on or concern myself with
      the aforementioned coalition which has surrendered our culture,
      our heritage and our traditions without a shot being fired.

The Cocker spaniel is off the front porch, the pit bull is in the back
      Yard. The American Constitution has been replaced with Saul
      Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” and the likes of Chicago shyster
      David Axelrod along with international socialist George Soros have
      been pulling the strings on their beige puppet and have brought us
      Act 2 of the New World Order.

The curtain will come down but the damage has been done, the
      story has been told.

Those who come after us will once again have to risk their lives,
      their fortunes and their sacred honor to bring back the Republic
      that this generation has timidly frittered away due to white guilt
      and political correctness..”
      God Bless US all………………

• New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

Thank you, Deplorable, a vert wise and ‘timely’ reminder. 🌷

And you put it SO PERFECTLY, what I was taught by the good Sisters of Mercy as a child, but that I could only repeat as an adult that learned the truth as a child: You may not know in this life what your prayers did to bring others to God but you will when you get to Heaven.

I hope to remember your version of the truth of that as a mature adult, now. Thank you.

‘Only eternity will bear out the fruits of your labor for Christ.’

I would like to remind everyone of the flip side of this coin, as Jesus warns:

‘Iif anyone causes one of the little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have hung around his neck a large millstone and be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of things that cause people to sin.’

God sees and knows EVERYTHING. Woe to anyone hurting children in any way.

2. citizen817 says:

MOOSE, MOUNTAIN, MAJESTY IN GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK

3. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, September 24, 2018

Looking Unto Jesus

“Looking unto Jesus” Hebrews 12:2

It is always the Holy Spirit’s work to turn our eyes away from self to Jesus. But Satan’s work is just the opposite; he is constantly trying to make us look at ourselves instead of Christ. He insinuates, “Your sins are too great for pardon; you have no faith; you do not repent enough; you will never be able to continue to the end; you do not have the joy of His children; you have such a wavering hold on Jesus.” All these are thoughts about self, and we will never find comfort or assurance by looking within.

But the Holy Spirit turns our eyes entirely away from self. He tells us that we are nothing, but that Christ is everything. Remember, therefore, it is not your hold of Christ that saves you–it is Christ; it is not your joy in Christ that saves you–it is Christ; it is not even faith in Christ, although that is the instrument–it is Christ’s blood and His merits.

Therefore, do not look so much to your hand with which you are grasping Christ as to Christ; do not look to your hope but to Jesus, the Source of your hope; do not look to your faith, look to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of your faith (1).

We will never find happiness by looking at our prayers, our deeds, or our feelings; it is what Jesus is, not what we are, that gives rest to the soul. If we are to overcome Satan and have peace with God, it must be by “looking unto Jesus.”

Keep your eye simply on Him; let His death, His sufferings, His merits, His glories, His intercession be fresh upon your mind. When you waken in the morning look to Him; when you lie down at night look to Him. Do not let your hopes or fears come between you and Jesus; follow hard after Him, and He will never fail you.

My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness:
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
    But wholly lean on Jesus’ Name.

(1) Hebrews 12:2

–Charles H. Spurgeon, 1834-1892

4. citizen817 says:

5. citizen817 says:

“Louis Armstrong – What A Wonderful World (Original Spoken Intro Version) ABC Records 1967, 1970”

6. Sentient says:

This crap with Kavanaugh (slander) is so disheartening I feel like it’s about to drive me crazy(er). And I have more than enough trouble in my own life. I will have to pray more deeply. And be thankful for the gifts I have received.

• dogsmaw says:

Psa 68:18(KJV) Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

• I hear ya. I had to take a break from all of it today because, as optimistic as I am that we will eventually have our country back, the process wears on us as we watch it play out in all its ugliness. That’s why I appreciate platforms like this where we can prop one another up. And yes, prayer and gratitude for what we do have are simple but powerful things we can do. When I notice my attitude slipping, I sometimes make a gratitude list. It can really make a difference when you see it in writing.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Good time to review this for times like this week and next >>>>Eph 6:10-18

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people

• duchess01 says:

2 Corinthians 1:4
      “Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”

King James Version (KJV)

• BigMamaTEA says:

Sentient…..Yes. Pray more deeply. And also buckle-up, I’m afraid this week is going to be rougher than last week.

Mornin’ treeps.

• piper567 says:

Sentient, it’s a huge help to remember that God is Sovereign.
      He does not need blogs, msm, or the NYT to know exactly what’s going on down here.
      I always find this helpful when my heart is heavy.
      For we do indeed, despite all the good, live in the midst of much evil.
      I sometimes recall that Jesus woke up every morning He while He walked upon the earth…and what did He see??
      Us.
      A study in focus and perseverance if ever there was one.

7. dogsmaw says:

• Lucille says:

I really, TOTALLY, hope that none of our tax monies went into this ridiculous project which will benefit humans to improve social behaviors…NOT!! What kind of mind even thinks up putting ecstasy on octopus tentacles?

• waltherppk says:

Don’t put anything past a desperately lonely male octopus and yes I do speak from experience.

• Lucille says:

Wow, I’m afraid to ask, walther!

• waltherppk says:

Don’t be afraid to ask. Among other things I am, or was once upon a time a pretty good chemist. I sometimes would synthesize in my own lab substances like MDMA and MDA. MDMA Ascorbate is a drug I submitted about 40 years ago to Battelle Memorial Institute as probable to have medicinal value. MDMA and I think MDA also were both invented by Merck Pharma in Darmstadt a bit over a hundred years ago and patented in Germany. MDMA (street name ecstacy) is presently in testing by the VA as what may be a “miracle cure” for some for PTSD and similar illnesses.

It could be another Lorenzos Oil kind of thing, or it could be a permanent cure or maintenance med for some types of neurological disorders. Some test subjects are saying it is positively a miracle drug. A side effect is that it can cause some social libidinal sorts of reaction as if it were love potion number nine, but that subtle side effect is not one about which test subjects seem to complain. Go figure. I’m sure that such a side effect could have unforeseen complications by turning on all the pheromones and amplifying the senses in a way that makes people so agreeably agreeable LOL.

• LouisianaTeaRose says:

Walter, I love you!!!

No, I really do! Luv me some PPK posts, too.

It’s all about the neurotransmitters folks. As evidenced by the VAST increase in substance abuse as well as never-ceasing search for that great big key to unlock the pathophysiology of Mental Illness.

I cannot emphasize the devastating effects of substance abuse in our country…as an ICU nurse working in an eICU, I get a pretty high-altitude picture in my little ole corner of the continent and it is devastating.

Pray for these people, and we should continue to search for THE KEY.

• waltherppk says:

One of the risk issues I noticed immediately was early (and current) research stated safe clinical dosage was / is very wrong, by about 500 to 2000% depending on the subject, some people are extremely sensitive to MDA and MDMA. Give some subjects 100 mg and they will time travel on a surreal or paranormal sort of journey that may not return them from a perceived, imagined, (or real) parallel universe, back to their home world for 40 years. I have traveled to realms where time simply does not exist, and have returned some worse for wear having many very good unanswered questions, involving a “missing time” experience that would compare favorably with some reported alien abductions. These particular drugs are a time travel portal of a sort. Talk about being “red pilled” and leaving the matrix behind. These are the ticket.

• waltherppk says:

I love you too sweetheart.

Farther along we’ll know all about it.

• wondering999 says:

Hi TeaRose! Much appreciation for you and the work you do!

May I throw something into this discussion? Some weekends I try to help a family whose teen son is autistic, and diagnosed with intermittent explosive disorder. This young man has many of the same autism with head-slapping symptoms as Alex Echols (shown in some videos you can find online. Alex’ parents had to make the videos to prove that they were not the ones battering him.)

• wondering999 says:

The medications that are given to people with Alex Echol’s symptoms can cause a host of side effects: severe constipation, tardive dyskinesia etc. Many parents have experimented with whole leaf marijuana and found that particular strains of cannabis relieved the self-harming, anxious, sudden-outburst behaviors. I am also acquainted with a teen from Israel who has had complete relief from Tourette’s Syndrome symptoms after enrolling in a cannabis study. Not all strains of cannabis work; but the one he has been using is very effective. If Alex Echols lived in Tennessee instead of Oregon, he would have extreme difficulty getting treatment for his chronic self-destructive behaviors. The young man I care for has similar symptoms, and while his medications are not my call — at all — I can speak up to ask people to consider the plight of his parents, who are restricted from helping him.

I don’t take intoxicants and don’t need them. Our President’s messages encouraging abstinence BY CHOICE from recreational alcohol and drugs is one of the reasons I voted for him. I love Trump and that’s one more reason why. If people NEED medicines, though, they should have access to them

• waltherppk says:

Variations and derivatives of cannabis have been used as effective medicines for millennia and Jeff Sessions is a confirmed idiot of the highest order for drinking the “reefer madness” kool-aid

• sobriquet4u says:

Thanks Walher…I try to increase my knowledge on these types of drugs and procedures especially since my military disabled son-in-law had volunteered for the VA program involving Ketamin treatments with Dr Randall Malchow to aid in complex pain syndrome.
              The “octopus” article may seem outrageous to some but it will be so beneficial in the long run.

• waltherppk says:

That ketamine is the drug called “Special K”. I not really a fan of cat tranquilizer from the way it is described, but never tried it. Snorted my share of snow and liked Green Morrocan Hash for a few years when it was a rare find. Really liked the cerebral non foggy effect.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Someone looking for government grants. Shrimp on a treadmill, monkeys on cocaine….sound familiar?

• mztore says:

The ones who think up these things are usually those who apply for “grants” free money for the, but cost the taxpayers big time. Most of the grants issued these days are a bunch of cr**.

8. David says:

Doctor: “Is there any family history of mental instability?”
    Patient: “Well, some of them are Democrats”.

9. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Good morning from Pigeon Forge, TN
    Went to DP’s Stampede Dinner attraction last night. Heading to Gatlinburg mall first thing in the morning for orthotic shoe inserts, then back to PF to spend the day at Dollywood.

• amwick says:

Just before Dollywood is a restaurant called the old mill,,,We have been there a couple times for breakfast. It is an immensely popular place… Enjoy the trip.. I think PF has been updated quite a bit from years past…

• Your Tour Guide says:

Went about ten years ago. They had different musicians from
          all over the world . It was great! So completely unstaged, so
          unlike the hokey “Up with People” type reviews I was used to
          at amusement parks.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“unlike the hokey “Up with People” type reviews I was used to at amusement parks.”

The folks i am traveling with are used to those kind. According to them, these at Dollywood were just so far superior to what the usual dreck is that is foisted off for public consumption. In addition, they are about an hour, instead of 20 minutes or so like the ones you describe.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

I have been there a few times. I have a dried up hushpuppy from the Old Mill that is about 15 years old. I usually went there with up to 20 or 30 people from the bible conference.

As you know the unique layout with the multiple levels, etc., so we were spread out over a number of tables. A couple of us wound up tossing a hushpuppy around on year, mostly between Jessica (a daughter of the preacher that sponsored the conference with his family) and myself.

I wrapped it in a paper towel and put it in a plastic cup. The following year at the conference, I tossed it at Jessica. She remembered what it was. So that continued for a little while, but the last conference there was 2010. Jessica is married now and living in Texas. Someday I am going to mail it to her.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” PF has been updated quite a bit from years past…”

I was last here in 2009, I have been mostly at the Dollywood end of the strip. Some major construction going on at DW for expansion. Good enough to add another day to see the whole place adequately when it is finished.

i messed up a much longer, detailed response by accidentally closing a browser window and am not retyping it.

• Dave says:

Hi D_I, how’s the area recovering from those fires from a couple years back? We used to stay at the Riverhouse Lodge on the river in Gatlinburg. It burned to the ground. We do still have wonderful memories and pictures from our younger days!

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“how’s the area recovering from those fires from a couple years back? ”

I only had time to run down to the mall at signal light #6 on the downtown main strip, so I did not see much. I know Dolly Parton helped out the locals big-time that suffered losses. I was there around 7 PM, because Dollywood closed at 6 PM (late season hours) and both opened at 10 AM.

10. Garrison Hall says:

11. Amir Tsarfati untangles the complicated current events in the Middle East without the MSM spin:

12. Lucille says:

Ford V8 for 1935

13. RAC says:

Good grief, no good deed goes unpunished.
    “Woman Who Saved Dozens Of Animals From Hurricane Florence Arrested For Not Having Appropriate Licenses”

14. randman says:

The Washington Post interviewed Chrissy Ford and her friend, Catherine, describing their time at UNC as avoiding the social scene and staying in-doors. So is the frat party scene just avoiding the social scene. Per Chrissy, how about developing a serious cocaine addiction among a whole lot of other stuff.

Hey, lots of people partied during college but not everyone is accusing a likely innocent man and presenting a false picture of their background. Goes to her truthfulness to the media, or perhaps the media just lied all on their own.

Anyway, a female friend that knew Chrissy at UNC wants to talk. Any help would be appreciated.

15. My Magic Wand says:

My first 14,000+ footer climb, the easiest one too.

Mount Evans is the highest paved road in North America and 5th highest in the world, drive all the way to the summit at 14,271.

You do have to walk the last 50 or so feet up, and if you are from sub 5000′ altitude, that football field length walk up the switchback path will have you panting like you just crossed the finish line of the Boston marathon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Evans

View from the top of Mount Evans

Just don’t look down over here!

BUT…this guys GPS unit suggests someone transposed the last 2 digits for the official measurement.

• amwick says:

We drove up Mt. Washington, and I was a basket case… 😦 Not sure if I would survive this.

Absolutely beautiful scenery… hmmmmmmm maybe if I shut my eyes on the way up?

• My Magic Wand says:

Yea, it happens, my buddies son (other kids were fine) stayed in the van with altitude sickness.
        I only had a problem hoofing it to the top overlook area, had to stop about 4 times on the mini hike to the top, being from a 700′ max altitude in the Midwest.
        Buddies local friend was laughing his @ss off at me…both were born @ denver’s altitude, both were just fine…..grrrrr.
        I’m told if you are born @ altitude your lungs are 30% bigger. I wonder how big Sherpa @ Everest are?

• piper567 says:

MMW, long ago and far away I worked with a woman from the Andes.
          We had physicals when we were hired, and that pulmonary function mouth breathing thingy? She sent it WAY off the charting of the day.
          It did make an impression on us.
          I, too, wonder ab the Sherpas.

16. czarowniczy says:

As an ex-LEA I’d like to suggest you listen to this video. The roughly 45 minutes it runs could help you avoid years of problems. I ran across it quite accidentally and this man knows his business and LEA’s business.

• nwtex says:

OMGoodness. Memory lane. I remember this from the Casey Anthony case on this site.

• piper567 says:

czar, thanks for re-posting this!
      someone should post this every month, or folks too busy to read should stick it in a folder.
      it’s terrific.

• czarowniczy says:

Nothing we didn’t see on a regular basis. Let’s go back twenty years to major PDs in the US where it wasn’t unusual for you to get manhandled in ways that would border on UN human rights violation – we had one case of a presumed killer being beaten to death in police hands and nothing happened, no one was ever held accountable.
        Let’s also remember that the SCOTUS has ruled it is legal for police to lie to persons to elicit confessions and that prosecutors can use ‘illegal’ tactics but can’t be held liable for doing so.

• smiley says:

127,000 (!!) pages in the US Criminal Code.

• My Magic Wand says:

I’m guessing somewhere in there breathing will be deemed illegal as it emits too much carbon dioxide.

I’m positive breathing also causes cancer!

And I agree this needs to be reposted regularly (saw link here before)…good info to remember before you stick your foot in places it does not belong as we are seen in the last 2 years, perjury traps…even if it’s the truth you are telling.

• smiley says:

the more statutes = the more crimes created/defined= the more of us become “criminals” simply by virtue of the staggering amount of statutes (laws) !

…where almost every move you make violates a statute.

can’t begin to even imagine how many volumes of the related case law, in addition to all the zillions of statutes.

litigious society.

• czarowniczy says:

Uhh Huh…how many laws in your state, county city are on their books? How many laws dating back to the days those jurisdictions were created are still on the books as they were buried in new laws and never bothered to be retired? As long as they’re on the books they’re still good.
        And those 127K pages don’t all include regulations and decisions/interpretations of those laws. Even then those laws and regulations can have new interpretations. I saw our lawyers squeeze new interpretations out of seemingly black and white laws and create whole new interpretations.
        We’re really not aware of how many violations of laws from local to Federal we are guilty of at any one time, one of our lawyers estimated that were these lawyers fully enforced just about every Americans out there would live most of their lives in jail.

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

In my hometown of Gainesville, GA, there is a law on the books forbidding using a fork to eat fried chicken! You have to use your fingers. They even locked up Col. Sanders! It was a stunt to raise money for charity, but still, the law is there, lol. Chicken Capitol of The World!

17. flame says:

From Internet:
    “Obama’s economy is doing so well since he left office that I wish he’d left 8 years sooner.”

18. nwtex says:

Freedom OSpeech
    ‏ @4FreedomOSpeech

List of things to never be in Democrat world:

– a 17yo boy
    – a white male
    – a conservative female
    – a pro-life female
    – a black conservative
    – a Hispanic conservative
    – a legal immigrant
    – a person who believes in only 2 genders
    – an elected official who puts America first.

19. Lucille says:

This short passage comes from Orchot Tzadikim (The Ways of the Righteous), an anonymous book of Jewish ethical teachings written in 15th-century Germany:

If I had not fallen, I would not have picked myself up.
    If I did not sit in darkness, I would not have seen the light.

20. dogsmaw says:

• amwick says:

THere is a country music song that has remained pretty popular, by Roy Atkins..

I love the song,, the video is a bit well, maybe a bit exaggerated.. but it is still cute.

21. Janie M. says:

A Japanese Twitter user created a tiny bar for his pet hamsters. Love it, very creative! ❤️

22. No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame,
    but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.

Psalm 25:3

23. armie says:

James Woods has been banned by Twitter again for posting a satirical captioned photo that “might impact an election”. Banning anybody to the right of Lenin seems to be a regular routine these days, and It strikes me that it creates an opportunity for someone to create a site that carries the posts of those conservatives banned by the leftist social media sites. Maybe call it something like “I Will Be Heard” and grant posting privileges to those “thought criminals” who have been banned solely for political reasons. The advantage over other web options would be convenience and a site that conservatives could count on their favorite authors showing up on when the marxist censors strike. They could simply contact the sysop and be online within minutes, then put the word out to their followers through the grapevine. Making it impossible for the lefty social media operators to actually have an impact on conservative authors’ ability to communicate with their followers would make their censorship attempts pretty much useless. I’d think one-way communication would be fine, they could use a burner email site if they wanted to hear back from their fans. Anyway, just blue skying. Comments?

24. Lucille says:

September 23, 2018
    DC police investigating murder of white jogger as a hate crime
    By Rick Moran

25. Dora says:

Isaac Levitan – ‘About Nightfall, Grove’ 2016

26. getfitnow says:

VDH covers the consequences/legacy of Obama.

FTA – By traditional metrics, Barack Obama’s presidency was mostly a failure.

The agenda of balkanizing America into tribes, and white/nonwhite binaries, and galvanizing the rich and poor against the middle class was Obama’s only real legacy. But it is a legacy that nonetheless fundamentally transformed America.

27. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.”
    Matthew 18:11 (KJV)

28. Dora says:

It’s nice to turn off the news once in a while and remember the good old days. These were the days of Hedda Hopper and ‘Photoplay’ magazine.

I could get lost in these pictures. 🙂

======

The glitz and glamour of a bygone era: LA’s ‘belle epoque’ revealed in photos of revelers in slick hotel bars and dancing to orchestras at nightclubs alongside heiresses and Hollywood pin-ups

29. amwick says:

Here at the cottage we have been hosting a couple that fled the river flooding in their neighborhood, a place called Brunswick Plantation. They will be going home today, since their home did not really have any damage..They came to the cottage Wednesday, before we did, and we had never met them.. a bit awkward, but everything turned out for the best. (not if you ask the cats though,, they are furious!)
    The sad thing is that the rivers are still slowly rising here… There is a small town to the south, Georgetown, that may get flooded next, and a neighborhood close to here, Socastee that may face real issues.. A slow moving disaster.
    Oh, happy Monday!

• Bon Bon says:

We have family in Conway. The river is now inside an aunt and uncle’s house. For some this will be the second time they have lost everything. The river is still rising. Please pray for all those in harms way.

• amwick says:

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt… Conway did get it bad… very bad… 😦

• Bon Bon says:

Thank you. They are resilient people and have the means to fix the damage, but it is still heart breaking. We live in Charleston and have an extra house here they can use. We have 2 farms there that flooded as well. Luckily no one was hurt. Belongings can be replaced.

• I heard a story some years ago about flood waters rising. The news reported the expected levels when the river would crest. A person who trusted in prayer thought to ask the Lord to open up the underground aquifers to take up the excess water. The Lord indeed seemed to answer this prayer. The crest was much lower than expected and no one could explain where all the water went.

My prayer now is that the good Lord would do it again for the areas under threat right now. In Christ’s Name. Amen.

30. Dora says:

31. Nancy Kaye says:

Praying for a hedge of protection around our President and his family. Thank you for starting each day with Lord’s Prayer. Father, in Jesus name we pray for our nation, for righteousness and truth. We thank you for the work you tirelessly do to inform fellow patriots of the facts. Keep up the great work!

32. Dora says:

The confirmation process was easier back then.

33. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

34. nikkichico7 says:

Psalm 116 ] I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.
    Psalm 116:1-2

Psalm 94:18-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    18 If I should say, “My foot has slipped,”
    Your lovingkindness, O Lord, will hold me up.
    19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me,
    Your consolations delight my soul.

Joshua 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
    9 Have I not commanded you?
    Be strong and of good courage;
    do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
    for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
    Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV

John 10:27-30New King James Version (NKJV)
    27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Isaiah 49:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
    16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
    Your walls are continually before Me.

John 16:33New King James Version (NKJV)
    33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

1 John 4:4New King James Version (NKJV)
    4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Romans 8:35-37 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written, “For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
    We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
    37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

Job 19:25New King James Version (NKJV)
    25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
    And He shall stand at last on the earth;

Ephesians 2:8-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Ephesians 6:10-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
    The Whole Armor of God
    10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood,
    but against principalities,
    against powers,
    against the rulers of the darkness of this age,
    against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
    13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    14 Stand therefore,
    having girded your waist with truth,
    having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
    15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
    16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
    17 And take the helmet of salvation,
    and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
    18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

It is very hard to keep an even keel with the battle that is raging now against all that is Holy, all that is Sacred, decent, God fearing and just plain old good in this present time. It is painful to see the war that evil is waging but always know this God IS in control, He will guide, strengthen, and protect His loved ones … in Jesus name .. God bless you Sundance for your refuge against the storm, and God bless this wonderful treehouse loaded with His warriors you are so appreciated .. and most certainly a gift from God …

Love to all of you …

35. dbethd says:

From Ezra Levant (theRebelMedia)
    I spoke with Tommy Robinson yesterday, and I’ve got some news about his case. He’s being sent back to trial on Thursday, September 27th. And they’re coming for him with a vengeance.

Here’s what’s new: Tommy tells me that the government is actually alleging that he prejudiced a Muslim rape gang trial back in May. As in, they claim that Tommy could have wrecked the case, and set those accused rapists free.

But we know that’s a lie; he didn’t prejudice the trial; the trial concluded successfully. That’s not a matter of opinion; it’s a fact.

Tommy also told me that the government is alleging that he violated the publication ban — but that’s not true, either. He didn’t publish any details of the trial. He couldn’t have — he hadn’t even been in the trial; he didn’t know the details.

Anyone who watched his video knows he was simply reading from a government website — the BBC, in fact, which listed the names of the accused. But they want to put Tommy away again. So the trial is actually happening, again. On Thursday, September 27th at the Old Bailey central criminal courts. That’s crazy in itself — contempt of court is not a crime. They’re putting him on trial in a court usually reserved for murderers and the like.

Tommy asked me to come to court again to report on the proceedings — because he doesn’t trust the mainstream media to tell the truth. Because they don’t. They’re like jackals. Tommy told me to come to London, so I’ve got to come to London. In some ways this case is even more important than the first one — the last one was done in secret, done in seven minutes, done illegally.
    […]
    But this time Tommy is prepared, and has a lawyer who is prepared, and the world is watching. So I want to be there to make sure the truth is told. I think Tommy trusts me to tell it straight, and I hope you do too.

If you can help me cover my airfare and hotel, I’d be grateful. Please go to TommyTrial.com. It’s important that even just one journalist in court that day tells it like it is.
    Thanks — now let’s go and win one.

Yours truly,
    Ezra Levant

• mark mears says:

President Trump, if someone advising you reads this site please use your leverage of your recent comment that the UK and Australia didn’t want you to release the fisa info to convince them to find Tommy Robinson INNOCENT of all charges against him. I would love to see the MSM tilt on this! There’s no way the American people would buy the details of his case as anything other than bullcrap. Please VSG put some pressure on the UK. I know he’s not an American citizen but he fights the righteous fight just like you. I stand beside you in all you do Mr. President, keep up the good work.

• BigMamaTEA says:

grrrrr!

36. Fox News will soon be full dark side

One American News

Find it

View it

Support it

Dallas area AT&T Direct TV Channel 347

Out here in the Nort East Texas swamp
    our only sane contact

37. Dora says:

38. dbethd says:

CrossThread, How are you and the misses?

• BigMamaTEA says:

I have contact info for crossthread. I just got off the phone with him. They have electricity, phone, lost a freezer full of food, have MRE’s & water at this point.

Anyone who may not know, they live on a fixed disabliltiy income. So, I am assuming that cash is short during this disaster time.

Does anyone have any experience with any fund-raising site? I have a paypal for him, but I don’t have any experience with the fund-raising sites, like fees, or which one is best, etc

39. dbethd says:

This made me LOL

40. TwoLaine says:

Love It!

Just saw a commercial on this and tho’t I’d share:

Bring Your Bible to School Day
    4 Oct 2018

Welcome to Bring Your Bible to School Day! On this day — happening this year on October 4 — thousands of students across the whole country share God’s hope and celebrate religious freedom by doing something simple, yet powerful: They bring their Bibles to school and talk about it with friends!

Sadie Robertson is involved!

41. nikkichico7 says:

Just a note 📝 ..

My husband and I have been on vacation/out and about this past week, road trip south to Florida to see the Atlantic side and pan handle side of Florida. It was a wonderful week, a stop along the way in Orlando (husband for work) and we went to see the Blue Man group at Universal .. ❗️😜 (plus really nice meals .. JACKPOT❗️☺️ 😜❗️what’s not to like ‘eh?)

We brought our various devices but I didn’t post this past week as once I start reading I can’t stop and I needed to stay focused on the travel tasks at hand .. 🙂👍

I’m glad to be home, my son stayed at the house and “watched/fed” Nikki and Chico .. unfortunately Chico had a freaky moment .. he somehow wound up with a plastic shopping bag around his head and was tearing throughout the house in a panic. We tried to rescue him and couldn’t catch him. I caught up with him too late as the bag finally fell off of him but he was so freaked he went and hid the rest of the day Friday before we left on Saturday ..

I felt bad for my son and Chico .. my son couldn’t tell if Chico was eating but it turned out he was.

My son understood Chico’s distress and did locate his hiding place under our back porch in a box on a shelf .. he used an old Ultimate Warrior hugging buddy to lay on for comfort.

It wasn’t until my husband and I came home the little bugger came out to the bottom of the basement steps and meowed his head off at the displeasure of my husband and I being away. He’s back to normal now .. I mean normal for him. Love anyways ❤️

Good old Nikki laid all over my son every chance she got, and never missed a meal 😉👍 😜

We are thinking about a move from the cold winters where we live to a warm climate. The winter cold is hard on my husbands breathing ..

It’s a hard choice as both sons are living their lives here in Michigan … I’m thinking maybe January through March may be way to ease into this big a change.

I love my sons hugely ❤️‼️ … but gold fish are easier (it sounds weird .. I know 😑) ..

It’s a big note 📝 🧐 🤭

• BigMamaTEA says:

Glad you’re back safely nikkichico! Btw, last week , and this week are the time, to take a break if you need one. (Even to just unplug!) Oct.1 is time to hit campaign 2018 really hard! (All my R-incumbents in the House, while some have RINO tendencies, are still “R’s” & neither of my two senators have elections this year) so I’m either going to phone-bank for some, if their campaigns have the set-up….or..May go to Missouri or Texas to get out the vote!

42. smiley says:

STORMS…updates…Inv 98L…off the eastern Atlantic coast… 8 am advisory..

plus this video of what it might be doing…