Barely Coherent: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes an Appearance…

A few weeks ago American media began heavily promoting a generally odd video of Supreme Court Justice doing a workout.  It seemed weird.  Today, the motive of putting out that video becomes transparent.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg appears at an event hosted by the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).  Watch:

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Supreme Court, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

814 Responses to Barely Coherent: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes an Appearance…

1. superfly007 says:

supreme court’s justice tales from the crypt demon

• RoddREpub says:

With all due respect I don’t give her long.

• Bone Fish says:

… does this mean we can expect to discover her dead in a bed at a hunting lodge with a pillow on her chest?

• Beverly says:

On her FACE, actually.

yeah, Justice Scalia “always slept with a pillow on his face.” And “Hell no, we don’t need no autopsy!” said the state coroner — who pronounced his cause of death Without Ever Seeing His Body.

• cali says:

@Beverly: Justice Scalia was murdered to enable an open SC seat!

RGB held her seat warm in collusion and by design with Hussein and HRC.

The tarmac meeting was recorded by none other than our patriot Mike Rogers and subsequently stored in a mislabeled file to prevent discovery by the deep state. Rogers had deep state agents placed and another Snowden2 caught with 10,000 disk of stolen national security info.
            He was indicted by our possum Jeff Sessions recently and is awaiting his long prison term locked up.

This tarmac meeting with Lynch, Bill C and participation of Hussein and HRC will be published to us in due time.

Always remember we are in the justice phase because we already won the war! 🙂

• 6x47 says:

RGB held her seat warm in collusion and by design with Hussein and HRC.

The Dems no doubt expected a wave election with HRC swept into office with a supermajority in the Senate like the one Obama enjoyed his first 2 years in office. President Clinton could replace Scalia and Ginsberg with radical activist justices who would make Ginsberg look like Scalia. And thanks to Harry Reid scrapping the filibuster for judicial nominees the GOP would be powerless to stop it.

HOWEVER, I seriously doubt Scalia was murdered. An elderly man, in poor health, died in his sleep in a manner consistent with his known health issues. Nothing suspicious about it.

• I just recently told my sister maybe 3 weeks. Pushing it at 4 weeks

• margaretwalker says:

Watch! Tim Conway’s “Oldest Man ”

• Steve says:

She’s doing a McCain. Hanging on in office as long as possible, even while incapable of performing her duties. I don’t wish her any more ill health than she already has, but I find it very hard to forgive this women for the damage she has done to the US. She was pivotal in turning SCOTUS into a radical lawfare court and for pushing abortion.She needs to vacate her place and leave it to someone who actually believes in the constitution.

• Kerry_On says:

Unfortunately, she is way to invested in her radical orthodoxy to willingly vacate her seat and allow Trump to nominate her replacement. She will either have to be judged incompetent or wait for nature to take its course. In either case it does not appear to be a long wait. In the meantime, Kavanaugh’s imminent appointment will secure a conservative majority on the court. Her vacancy will guarantee a turn that into a conservative super-majority for decades to come. Like Obama she can see her legal legacy about to be erased from history’s blackboard.

• DGC says:

” In the meantime, Kavanaugh’s imminent appointment will secure a conservative majority on the court”

To my fellow Treepers: This is NOT what we want. We want a jurist who is at least a textualist, if not an originalist, in their jurisprudence on the Supreme Court. I no more want a ‘conservative opinion’ than I want a ‘leftist opinion’; I want a constitutionally allowed and justified opinion.

• Curtis Rowell says:

What she is doing is waiting until she sees the results of the mid-terms. If the Demonrats win the Senate, she will retire with the full knowledge that they will stone wall any Trump replacements until 2020 and beyond.

• budklatsch says:

The difference is that when she was nominated by Clinton, the opposition Republicans treated her and the hearings with due respect. (Even given tho she was an ACLU litigator) The exact opposite of what the Dems have done and have done for decades now. The term ‘Borked’ is part of the lexicon now because of the Dems outrageous tactics. FTA

2. Sidney Powell says:

Oh goodness. She is really failing rapidly now. Most conservatives don’t know that she ruled the right way in reversing the wrongful conviction of Arthur Andersen LLP accounting firm and in reversing the government’s over-reach and abuse of the ‘honest services’ wire fraud statute–among other cases. Obviously, now, it is time for her to step down, but her dislike for this President clouds her judgment on leaving the bench. I fear she will literally die on it. She does appear in LICENSED TO LIE which provides a front row seat for a season of the Supreme Court.

• Payday says:

I’m going to order it. Thanks for contributing here

• WSB says:

Ms. Powell, I so appreciate your recount of the clear sight Justice Ginsberg had in a few cases.

Yet I am still shocked at her wretched response to a candidate for President. Although in this interview, Ginsberg acknowledges the freakish nature of the current SCOTUS vetting process, she is rarely on the commonsense side of many issues.

And extremely frail, she seems.

• dislike for this President clouds her judgment

Ahhh I think her advanced age and health problems are at least half the problem.

• Dave says:

I always enjoy reading your comments and watching your contributions on cable news, Sidney. One thing that bothered me about RBG, and I think Breyer and some other justices, is that she often spoke of the SCOTUS to possibly consider the laws of other nations when deciding cases here. Perhaps I misunderstood? Only the US Constitution should count, not any other nation’s, nor any other international court decisions or trends. She didn’t seem to make a lot of waves when she came out with that either.

• California Joe says:

Ginsberg’s legal orthodoxy is simple just rule against the government in every decision!

3. Revenant says:

She’ll die on the bench. If for some reason, Trump does not win in 2020, she’ll retire once the Democrat president is sworn in.

So, like I said, she’ll likely die on the bench.

4. Old Lady says:

She sounds completely coherent. Measured, but definitely not incoherent. Her physical stature certainly has taken a toll.

• MAGAbear says:

If only her legal opinions were coherant.

• Ldave says:

Honestly, I agree. The only incoherent people I saw were those in the audience. RBG was essentially saying that qualified judges like Kavanaugh should sail through with the support is all senators, but the hyper partisan audience will somehow pretend she was only criticizing Republicans.

• MVW says:

Always, the disingenuous Left play with words to create a false image. She painted the DhimmiRats as the same as RepubliRats, yet, one glance at the antics and violence of the Totalitarian Left would show the stark contrast. RepubliRats are much nicer.

But, yes, she was coherent, and still a deft manipulator. Her body though is a reflection of her soul, twisted. And she is no doubt in the hands of 20th century medicine, so they will wheel her to the bench for at least another year.

5. Sue says:

Physically she is failing for sure. You can’t say her mind isn’t still sharp. No signs of dementia. I’m sure all of her remarks and dates were correct, but the current state of the body is keeping it from being expressed in a fluent or fluid manner. She will be one of those people where the body will go before the mind.

• jello333 says:

And she seemed really uncomfortable sitting there. I wonder how long that whole interview was, and how that compares to the length of an average day on the Bench when Court is in session. What I’m getting at is if it’s long enough that she gets feeling really bad while oral arguments are going on, it HAS to affect her thought processes. No way can her head be totally into what’s being said if she’s in a lot of pain… and if she’s on some kind of meds during that time, well THAT could have an impact too.

• gman-reloaded says:

So how ,exactly, does RBG contribute to a decision? She tells a clerk her opinion, then the clerk writes it up?

Everyone here is trying to be nice. That’s sweet. It’s also delusional. This woman needs to go.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

I agree. It seems she can’t sit up straight and that makes it look like she is asleep or at least out of it. Her mind still seems pretty sharp. She got her dates right. Names right. More than I can say for nancy Pelosi.

• Guffman says:

Looks like she’s physically morphing into Stephen Hawking.

• Dave says:

I’m glad I read all the comments ahead of time, Guffman. I was about to say the same thing! I used to joke that she reminded me of Ruth Buzzi’s character on the old tv show Laugh-In. All she lacked was the hairnet and big bag! I always referred to her as Ruth Buzzi Ginsburg! There’s a little Woody Allen lurking too! But your Hawking comment is spot on!

• Herbert Kroll says:

She is sharp as a tack, like for 20 minutes a day, not counting the interludes…

• Cleetus says:

you say no signs of dementia. I think her responses were slow and reflective of slowed mentation. High on the list for that is subcortical wear and tear influencing the time it takes to generate an idea, send it to the deeper relay structures and then back to the speech and language centres. I would say she will be incapacitated within 12 months as a guess if not deceased.

6. TNGal says:

Wow, lifetime appointments shouldn’t apply to Supreme Court Justices or Popes!

• No they shouldn’t. And there definitely needs to be more to “term limits” for congress than most people’s useless idea that voting is term limits. It might have been in 1832… maybe.

Follow the globalist money, research the records.

“The system is rigged folks…” And… “we can’t rely on those that rigged the system to fix the system.”

I’ve been saying that as long as I can remember, but VSG PDJT didn’t know that… 😀

I’m grateful he has said it, and with the weight of the Presidency now behind him.

• Josey Zadoria says:

Doesn’t imposing term limits require a constitutional amendment? What would be another way to make this happen? I have often thought of this as being a paradox, essentially bringing up the issue of imposing term limits is like asking Senators and Congressional elected to take a pay cut, something that will never agree too.

• TJ says:

I’m grateful too. Did you know the Trump Winery is near Monticello?

“It has long been my opinion, and I have never shrunk from its expression,… that the germ of dissolution of our Federal Government is in the constitution of the Federal Judiciary–an irresponsible body (for impeachment is scarcely a scare-crow), working like gravity by night and by day, gaining a little today and a little tomorrow, and advancing its noiseless step like a thief over the field of jurisdiction until all shall be usurped from the States and the government be consolidated into one. To this I am opposed.” –Thomas Jefferson to Charles Hammond, 1821. ME 15:331

• Bruce Fauth says:

Rigged to give us so often the illusion of choice. Our “betters” try to make sure that they will be ok with either one. Trump really upset that apple cart.

• TJ says:

“Let the future appointments of judges be for four or six years and renewable by the President and Senate. This will bring their conduct at regular periods under revision and probation, and may keep them in equipoise between the general and special governments.

“We have erred in this point by copying England, where certainly it is a good thing to have the judges independent of the King. But we have omitted to copy their caution also, which makes a judge removable on the address of both legislative houses.” –Thomas Jefferson to William T. Barry, 1822. ME 15:389

• So the Dems will one day win the White House, House and Senate and all 9 seats on the Supreme Court. Unlike Repubs, they will stick together, pass laws to shut out all future Repubs and have the Supreme Court approve the most extreme legislation ever. And we’ll never again see another Repub president.

No. Not the way to go. Not while GOPe’s think cooperation and Dems think domination.

7. Tiffthis says:

Omg- like a scene from Weekend at Bernie’s

8. got243kids says:

Barrack, Clinton and the globalist (Soros, Google, Bush, China et al) misplayed their hand.
    Why didn’t they fight harder for the nomination of Merrick Garland?
    Because they were convinced the wicked witch of Arkansas was a bought and paid for guarantee at which point RBG and others would retire and the broom Hildabeast would have multiple nominees to destroy the course of American history forever. Goodbye Bill of Rights. Cest’ la vie America. Their 40 year global cabal was in their hand….

Until the hand of God intervened. (Standing behind our Lord and Savior: the Wolverine cabinet of founding fathers).

It is precisely why we are barraged with incessant fits of rage from all of the cabal participants and their idiot pawns. They lost and are humiliated. The cornered animals are desperate.

TG for VSGDJT – KAG!

• anniefannie says:

And Obama didn’t want to be labeled as stacking the court. He was going to leave that criticism for Hillary. Besides, I’m not sure he thought Garland was left enough.

9. Donald says:

People may enjoy knowing that Justice Bader-Ginsburg’s interviewer is California Supreme Court Justice, Goodwin Liu, a progressive extraordinaire, of course.

10. Elle says:

I was able to catch a nap between the time the narrator asked his first question and she answered it.

11. DonnyVee says:

RBG is way past her sell by date. If the Democrats had any compassion at all they’d let her retire with grace and dignity. Also, Sundance nailed it as to why the video of her exercising was released.

12. Lucille says:

An almost complete loss of energy. Fatigue episodes are something I’m quite familiar with. There have been times when speaking sounded like I was drunk and every word was an effort.

Laying aside politics, which is extremely difficult in light of the left’s reprehensible beliefs, actions and hatreds, let’s remember that she and Justice Scalia were the best of friends. With their spouses, many a wonderful evening was spent together. She loved him as a great gal and the feeling was mutual. So in honor of his memory, let’s not wish her personal ill.

As for her dangerous politics, I pray each day that they fail and that they are resoundingly defeated in November.

13. Justbill says:

Obviously Justice Ginsburg is on the opposite side of the fence on most of the issues that we care about. And I believe that she has been part of the judicial tyranny that has been responsible for thwarting the will of the majority of the country. With that being said, it pains me to see anyone in this condition. Her mind is still sharp, although that has diminished somewhat. Physically though, she appears to be struggling as she, like all of us, inevitably must succumb to to this world. She needs our prayers. I pray that God watches over her and eases any physical pain that she may be experiencing. I also pray that her mind stays sharp for whatever time she has left on this planet.

• wolfrom1 says:

justbil/ I think you explained my thoughts. Amen.

• Steve says:

Seeing this and how McCain ended up, I really hope that when it’s my turn, I won’t spend it trying to get back at enemies and score points. That time of life is for quite reflection and repentence. But then again, these people aren’t like us: they chose Power over Love.

• I have not seen many “go well” from this life. The lives of the saints that knew the day of their “graduation” inspire me. I’m sure some do know how to prepare their families, businesses, and communities for that time. I’d love to learn their ways.

14. rsmith1776 says:

I do NOT wish this woman ill – as in, God forbid, death or major sickness. Obviously she is quite unwell and I cannot rejoice in that.

In the Supreme Court she did some good, she also did quite a bit of bad, through her votes, but I always believed in her heart (UNlike a bitter certain NoName senator passed recently) she had good intentions and even some, often woefully misguided and with bad consequences, love for the people.

All I wish for her is to retire in peace, TOMORROW, to admit that she is not fit for the job anymore (she hasn’t, for quite some time now), to live her remaining time in happiness with her family…. and for our gorgeous President to sit in her place a judge at the right of Scalia, at the right of Thomas, at the right of Rehnquist.

Come on, Ruth! Retire. Nap with your loved ones while God gave you days.

Once you go home, let’s win one for Bob Bork!

15. jack says:

The questions were scripted and prepared and softball Questions. Could she go through a Senate Hearing with Questioning her about competency to continue on the Court? I don’t think so.

I would think some type of physical, emotional, mental fitness test needs to be done yearly for LifeTime positions (maybe over the age of 70 years old. We want to be compassionate with elderly people but also realize her decisions effects “real people” and we should want competent people being Judges on these very important issues. I wonder how much of the work is done by her clerks and gets the rubber stamp by her?

16. Elle says:

Wait, I’m confused.

Gateway Pundit has a picture of her speaking at GW giving the same lines: “Speaking at the George Washington University Law School, Justice Ginsburg told students that “the way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong.” She called the “atmosphere” of her 96-3 voted confirmation “truly bipartisan ..The vote on my confirmation was 96-3, even though I had spent about 10 years of my life litigating cases under the auspices of the ACLU,” she explained. “No senator asked me any questions — not about that.”il

Yet it is clearly not the SAME speech. Her clothes are different (and compared to the youtube above she seems VERY animated.

What’s up with that?

• MelH says:

If that was a speech at GW graduation, that was a few months ago. Old age disabilities can happen over night. the muscles and vertebrae holding her head up have obviously disintegrated, also maybe from chemo because she DOES have Cancer. That she still shows up says alot about how stubborn she is.

17. rayvandune says:

I reject the notion that she is mentally sharp. Her answer to the question she was asked was silly, and her continued remarks added nothing of substance to it. She was speaking to an audience of jurists, but she might as well have been speaking to grade schoolers. She bemoans partisanship, even as she gives her remaining days to the cause of thwarting an evolution of the court she opposes.

18. margaretwalker says:

Watch! Tim Conway’s “Oldest Man ”

19. Joan Calhoun says:

She is a living corpse.

20. Mark McQueen says:

I think we can and should do better than this……

21. ZombieShoot says:

What I find interesting is that a lot of the leftist media when they report on this story are using older pictures of Justice Ginsburg. They don’t want a picture of what she looked like in the video getting out into the general population.

Go look at HP. The photo they used has to be at least a decade ago.

• Matt Hay says:

Hence the video of her “workout” that was widely touted the other week. Just like how a certain 2016 Presidential Candidate was healthy as an ox, yet had to be tossed in a van like a side of beef.

22. zaq123 says:

If she wants to go out on a gurney, in a bag, that’s on her. She’ll probably be followed by the wise Latina, who is reportedly not in the greatest shape either. And I don’t think the Latina is quite the ardent warrior for liberalism and all things Anti Trump, that Ginsburg is. Imagine that, the man could potentially get 4 picks in his first term.
    When he gets his second term, pretty sure we’ll see Thomas call it quits knowing that he’ll be replaced by a Constitutionalist. Then who knows, knowing that resistance is futile, Breyer bails.

Hopefully, when he knows that court is stacked in OUR favor he can finally end Birthright Citizenship in its current, misguided and misinterpreted form/practice, make it retroactive about 20 years, end all the benefits that go with it and finally put an end to the insanity.

23. Houston Patriot says:

Notice she is wearing gloves 🧤 possible skin disorders

• Matt Hay says:

I saw that too. Could be to hide poor circulation, or to make tremors less noticeable.

• Cleetus says:

yup – that would be the logical answer. She has a relative lack of facial mobility and her neck is a bit flexed to the side. I’m suspecting subcortical dewiring, perhaps vascular or Parkinsonian.

24. Houston Patriot says:

Wow that woman is already brain 🧠 dead! Almost like Disney put a chip in her brain for communication until a dem is elected to WH

25. Houston Patriot says:

26. frank field says:

I’ll bet she loves Barbara Streisand: “Te Way We Were”.

In all seriousness…she’s fading fast.

27. Nom de Blog says:

I would be more interested to see the video of her getting onto the stage, into the chair, and back again. It is not clear that she is ambulatory. And once a person loses the ability to walk, General health deteriorates quickly.

28. Don L says:

Can we even imagine the left’s antic should she pass away, say, in the next dew days?

29. Mark Webb says:

Is she still alive?

30. iRock says:

Progressive heads explode over Kavanaugh as RGB is a short timer. Blood will run in the streets when she passes away.

31. Here’s a SCOTUS Justice wishing for “the way it was” but was and is a part of every major legal decision which has in no small part made things the way they are now!

The divide in the country over immigration, firearms, abortion, religious freedom, race, health care and so many more topics that have come up during her term as a SCOTUS Justice has been created with the help of many of her rulings!!!

Is she really claiming complicity at the way things are now in the US???

Sickening!!!

32. moe ham head says:

how do they hide the strings controlling her?
    she should be married to stephen hawkins

33. Green Farmer says:

Weekend at RBG’s.

34. Martin says:

The “wise” sobrique has spread from the Wise Latina to the semi-preserved Wise Octagenarian. There is little young blood in the Progressive ranks anymore – the temptation to consume it is too overwhelming. And that, too, will be exposed.

35. Republicans should make a constitutional ammendment to prevent this type of a situation from happening in the future. She will be like the Mad King in Game of Thrones.

36. northernsentinel says:

She’s in a better mental condition than Pelosi

37. itsy_bitsy says:

I would suggest that this radically liberal woman has been brain dead for several years now. Maybe her body won’t be far behind her brain.

38. Basil says:

I full expect her clerks to pretend she hasn’t died for as long as they can.

39. distracted2 says:

“How long can the left-wing apparatchik maintain a ruse that Justice Ginsburg is fit to remain on the court?”

Until she’s dead. After that, I fully expect that just like Bernie in Weekend at Bernie’s, they’ll haul her from one appearance to the next so they never have to give up the seat.

With this tape as evidence, they will tell everyone she’s just asleep. 😂

40. jd k says:

One thing I’m thankful for…this woman was too arrogant to retire while Obama was President. She will not be a Dem favorite for long once Trump gets to appoint her successor.

41. Swanzinator says:

“The way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong.”

Sounds like a quote from Yoda.

I wouldn’t put it past the desperate Dems to be considering a way to exploit this video to motivate voters in November, a la “we need more Democrats to stop Trump’s NEXT nominee until 2021!” In fact that’s probably why the video is out now.

42. Gary says:

One of my sons passing through my office as the video was playing asked if “that was Stephen Hawking’s older sister”

I almost died chocking on my coffee.

43. If she passes or retires during the Trump administration . . . ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!!!!

44. lorenetn says:

Sounds like RBG wants to MAGA…”go back to the way it was.”

45. Norman Franklin says:

Maybe in the spirit of not hating our enemies we could add a retirement home onto Gitmo. It could be filled up with all these doddering old fools filling our Government.

It could be named the Juan MIC stain memorial home for deplorable wasters of life and limb. The retirement home could also be used as a soylant factory producing food for the residents in the prison wing.

46. Time for Ginsburg to Retire,look her she looks a sick person physically,
    arrogaut liberals hypocrite,

47. SharkFL says:

Definition of Uniparty: not one Republican Senator asked her about the ACLU during her confirmation process.

48. 90 pounds and counting…or should I say, subtracting.

49. kiswa15 says:

For whatever reason, and I have my own suspicions, Ruth Bader Ginsberg did not retire during Obama’s presidency and for that we owe her an eternal debt of gratitude.
    It doesn’t matter that she may have been holding out for Hillary to name her successor.
    The fact is she didn’t want Obama to do it…so I will refrain from the sin of being uncharitable.
    THANK YOU RBG!!

• Bendix says:

Good point.

• Helen Souza says:

I watched this video with sadness. As I am 72 years old and know my physical and mental limitations and what I’ve lost over the years. Although I am in the opposite camp from this lady, I’m sad that she feels she has to cling to being a Supreme when it’s obvious that she should be enjoying her latter years and not becoming a sad reflection of what she once was. If God allows me to live as long as her, I want to spend those last years with no cameras and only my loved ones surrounding me. But this is America, she’s entitled to do what she wants, I just hope that unseen forces are not putting her in these spectacles.

• josco scott says:

My sense is that highly partisan secular Democrats’ religion is their politics–so I can see why she’d cling to making herself useful–it’s her form of worship, after all.

That said, I agree with you completely–my heart goes out to the elderly–which, I suppose, includes me.

• texasjimbrock says:

Josco. Right. It is all a matter of power. I recall attending a party (fundraiser) for
          Senator Warren Magnuson, chairman of the powerful Senate Finance Committee. It was apparent that he was barely clinging to life, supported by aides and offering a limp…very limp…handshake. But as long as breath remained he (and the Democrats) held a very powerful position. Politics.
          Jim

• I suspect that she has nothing else to live for. This gives her the fame, respect, and deference from everyone that such a lonely person requires. She seems like a very sad person and I feel sorry for her that she holds onto these fleeting values so tightly. Helen, you said it well, well-balanced people want to spend the remainder of their lives with their loved ones, not constantly fighting battles. Kiswa15 made an excellent point that at least she didn’t leave during Obama’s administration. But don’t you wonder WHY she didn’t leave then? I think she honestly expected Hillary to win, so she could retire in a woman’s administration. Now she’s stuck so to speak, or too stubborn. Can they ever be forced to retire if they show signs of senility or falling asleep during hearings?

• RLC2 says:

You sense she is realizing that what Feinstein did, along with Booker and Harris, has defiled her, and her sacrifice…and now, for what?

• wildbill2u says:

I’m 78 and have noticed some times when I can’t find the right word in my conversation. I do a lot of fiction writing still and don’t want these writing skills to deteriorate. But you know that the aging process is a continuing downhill for your mental skills.

I can’t imagine that Justice Ginsberg’s opinions aren’t written by her staff at this point in her life. While she is a reliable progressive voice, at least she is a confirmed Justice. Her staff may insert opinions of their own at this stage of her career.

• suejeanne1 says:

I agree with kiswa15 on this – and appreciate that she said she didn’t like the way Kavanaugh was being treated in the hearings/

• PonyBob Haslam says:

Very thoughtful. The idea of a dope like sotomayer filling her seat, for purely political reasons, was abhorrent to RBG

50. PonyBob Haslam says:

Most interesting aspect of her rapid decline is the performance of the smartest man ever to sit in the oval office. The ghetto freeloader was so busy taking care of wealthy libs in order to line his and the baboons pockets (see netfix deal, the baboons vacations) that he failed to manipulate this left winger into retiring so he could name her replacement. The bonehead also named a morbidly obese woman in very poor health (including diabetes) to SCOTUS.. Ginsburg and Sotomayer will be replaced by a Republican administration. Contrast this with the GOP naming young, healthy Justices.No doubt in my mind, that perceptive dems (both of them) angst over Kavanaugh is magnified by their knowledge of of obamas failures, and what might have been. Had he replaced ginsburg and picked a healthy young judge instead of a chubby “woman with latino life experiences” The switch to a 5-4 Conservative court would be years out in the future, if at all!
    Smartest man, indeed.

• Bendix says:

You have to bear in mind, in 2009 Obama was still pretending to be something he was not.
      Sotomayor was female, and also had the advantage of institutionalizing the false concept of a demographic called “Hispanic”, without being seen as a scary radical.
      She was very disarming, with her pleasant smile and her American success story (sort of).
      We already had a Latino on the court, but in the world of identity politics, the Italians do not qualify as Latin.
      Obama evidently thought, even then, that he would have a say in who the next president would be. He would have, had it not been for one man.

• MB224 says:

Very true about her appearance and stage act but she forever pissed me off with her “latins” vs “white male” lines. Fukin disgusting and disloyal in the extreme.

• NME666 says:

PBH, smart is subjective:-)))

• PONYBOB HASLAM – Your analysis was great about the ages of the nominees and their life spans on the court. It’s an angle I never would have come up with. Off topic: I have to tell you that I LOVE your Western art work which I assume is a closeup detail of a larger work. It is fantastic. I love Western art especially since I live in the “Wild West” SW US. Again, great comment, great picture.

• MB224 says:

Still boils my blood thinking about her “latino experiences” schtick. This Asian Pacific law association is equally ridiculous. WTF does Asia and Pacific have to deal with Stars and Stripes? GTFOH!