President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump participate in the NATO Belgium welcoming ceremony.  Anticipated start time 1:10pm EST

UPDATE: Video Added

WH Livestream LinkRSBN Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Donald Trump, Economy, European Union, FLOTUS, media bias, Melania Trump, NATO, President Trump, Secretary Pompeo, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

292 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Participate in NATO Welcoming Ceremony – 1:00pm Livestream…

1. Pam says:

2. Elections sure do have consequences. What say you EU socialist snobs?

It just gets better every single day!

🙂 🙂 🙂

• kea says:

I always laugh when they do that photo opt.

• Tl Howard says:

Merkel makes Hillary look like a fashion plate. My gawd, who choose those clothes? And May in gray?? Why?

• Bendix says:

I’m thinking perhaps May wanted to blend in with the male leaders, so she chose a businesslike gray to go with their suits.
          Doesn’t matter what she does, though. She’s not being a good leader.

• Fools Gold says:

I thought no one was gonna say anything about how awful she dresses. I don’t want to see her legs either but I’m guessing they’re hairy as her arm pits.

• cali says:

@kea: The last pic clearly shows the divisions within the EU – they all stand too far apart from one another ergo they are not unified no matter what these snobs say.

Merkel as always the frumpy disheveled individual she is although like her dad Adolf H she is addicted to her hand motion and almost permanent pyramid/NWO gesture like her dad/ It must be part of their genes.

• Flova says:

Gray socks and Wal Mart slip on black suede loafers. Yikes, yuck.

Merkel is the head of Germany for gosh sake! She can’t hire a clothes consultant?

• sat0422 says:

I used to wonder the same about Hillary. Remember when she used to tour the world with her unwashed hair and tacky clothes….She did think she was mighty cute or maybe that she didn’t have to clean up for anyone because whe was going to be President one day soon. ???

• NATO SCHMATO says:

I’m soooo bummed that those designers refused to design Melania’s dresses. NOT!!!

3. Pam says:

FLOTUS looks lovely!

4. JoD says:

HOLY SHIITE! FLOTUS wearing ANOTHER stunning dress!

5. Curry Worsham says:

Melania. Is. Stunning.

6. sundance says:

7. sundance says:

• Marica says:

Love this Navy dress!!! She rocks everything she wears…

• oldnews says:

I want this dress!

• ladypenquin says:

I love that perhaps her bringing back the idea of women actually dressing in a feminine and attractive way, we’ll be able to get away from the sloppy lazy jeans look the country has become saturated in for decades. But then I’m old-fashioned. 🙂

Want to know why department stores are disappearing. Not because of Amazon, and online retail – it’s because women stopped buying anything but casual pants, with only an occasional dress. Even in the 1980’s, one could shop at Penny’s or Sears, and they had a seamstress for alterations! The retail internet for clothing didn’t come until the past decade.

What killed dressing and dresses? Jeans and dressing so informally, people forgot what it was like to take pride in their appearance.

Don’t shoot me, just let’s go find the catalog for FLOTUS’ dresses. Simple, lovely and elegant. 🙂

• Joan says:

You are absolutely right ladypenguinn – agree 100%.

• Michelle says:

Wow you are right. I was noticing the other day at the airport that generally speaking, we all look like slobs these days, whereas in the past, everyone was impeccably dressed and styled. It’s actuallt gross how sloppy so many of us look, myself included. I think it’s about time to get motivated to always look polished and put together.

• Alison says:

yes … however, which came first – the sloppy travel outfits or the outlandishly stupid, degrading hoops we have to jump through to travel? What used to be a 30-minute drive/park/to-the-gate followed by 3-hour flight has now become a 12-hour ordeal & that’s without snafus.

Bigger airports, outlier parking, shuttle busses, schlepping luggage, intrusive pat downs trams between concourses, and interminable lines – why would anyone dress up for that?

• Michelle says:

Good point.

• Rhoda R says:

Don’t forget the narrower seats and less leg room as well. Even if you dressed well you’d end up rumpled and possibly stained.

• sat0422 says:

It still doesn’t take much to look like one cares about how they look to others. I agree that your explanation of the “travel experience” is correct, but it’s not an excuse for being sloppy.
              As I sat in the doctor’s office this week waiting to be seen, I know that at least five people who weigh over 350 pounds walked out. I had to wonder what their ailments could be.
              Just this week,

I believe it was Dr. Phil who said that some people abuse food and others simply use food for it’s intended purpose. I thought that was a brilliant explanation for what we, in America, do.

• Kristin says:

Michelle: I mostly wear dresses every day and very regularly I am asked, by people who know me very well, where am I going? Meaning I look dressed up. Yet I do not spend a lot of money on my clothing. I usually pay under $40 for a dress, obviously on sale. But for me it is a mindset.
            Bought a dress at Costco, $16. Wearing it for a luncheon. That’s less than 3 coffee’s at certain coffee spots!!

• ladypenquin says:

I like to “dress” – pretty, cheerful skirts, it makes me feel positive when out in the world.

IMO, the informal attire mode, and loss of simple things, courtesies, calling adults Mr. and Mrs. – not by our first names, which young people do today, have contributed to the downward slide of our culture/society. The niceties are important.

I love that FLOTUS is setting such a beautiful example. It is sad that the magazines refuse to give her the coverage she deserves. They’d be making a fortune right now instead of going out of business.

• TeeJay says:

And don’t even get me started on how people dress for church these days – sheesh!

• ladypenquin says:

I know. The one place where we shouldn’t sit in judgement…but my mind wanders and looking around, I wonder why people didn’t do a little more. But then, the preachers say, it’s okay, at least they’re in church. But I think some of that preaching should include taking the time to dress your best for the Lord. That a good mindset that carries one through the week.

• sat0422 says:

What about those who bring their coffee into the chruch and hug the cup all through the service.
            So much for “Hope Services” and the different ways that churches try to get people into the building. The rock music bands playing christian rock are not a favorite of mine either. In reality, it’s their way (those who don’t or won’t conform: or the highway. The slobs want to have their cake and eat it too.

• PotP says:

So few women dress well anymore.

Then they get irate when guys go (rightfully) gaga over Melania.

So many women can be beautiful. For some reason many chose not to be.

OK, for some it’s a bit out of reach…

• Rhoda R says:

I don’t care WHAT that thing wore she wouldn’t look feminine let alone classy or elegant.

• ladypenquin says:

These are the people who have have mental health issues, daddy issues, broken families. They’re acting out. They lack self-esteem. These folks used to get psychological help for disorders that caused them to be out of the mainstream. What did the Lefties do? They made this behavior mainstream, and us out of the norm.

But we’re fighting back. 🙂

• bosscook says:

Yes! If I see one more woman boarding an airplane (or even at the grocery store!) wearing pajama bottoms and Uggs, I’ll scream.

• pacnwbel says:

We used to make our own dresses way back when a sewing machine was every girl’s pride and joy. That way you could indulge in whatever beautiful fabrics you could afford.

• Publius2016 says:

so happy! from the mouths of babes

• webgirlpdx says:

What a fantastic picture.

• boogywstew says:

The young man in the black polo shirt furthest to the right is Jacques Tutight-Hogg

8. Pam says:

9. beach lover says:

It’s like Jackie O.. everywhere she goes.. people want to see her. And couple that with a strong President who loves this country.. we have a winner here!! Love it!

10. fred5678 says:

I see POTUS brought his live-in translator again. Is that nepotism??

11. The men are gathering around FLOTUS…. as usual..

• ladypenquin says:

Bees to honey. That’s okay. I believe that if women dressed and acted like they had self-respect, like FLOTUS, then men would see them the same way. It’s my belief, studying sociological changes, that women are lost in the world today…why? because they gave up too many things that defined them as women. So they’re so busy trying to be men or like men, they’re lost between two identities.

I also believe that unhappy radical women actually have lots of broken family, daddy issues. Didn’t have good role models. Strong parenting. POTUS and FLOTUS both exhibit strong parental modeling as well as being comfortable in their own right.

Our dear President Donald Trump was the most powerful man in that room, but the most powerful woman? – our precious FLOTUS, Melania. A woman who is comfortable being a woman has great power.

• Marica says:

Exactly lady! from super short dresses to no panyhose to no makeup–even in church! I think Melania is just the ticket we women need to embrace the feminine side that gives us strength and grace…LOVE the t length on Melania’s dresses…When will the designers start to copy that???

• auscitizenmom says:

Yes, it is a very flattering length.

• Snow White says:

Super short dresses are so inappropriate for almost anywhere, much less church. If you’re a kid, you can get away with it, but grownup women dressing like hookers is just bad taste. Short dresses and a cleavage all the way to the belly button…one of my biggest pet peeves.

• Your Tour Guide says:

All the women on the reality shows show tons of
            cleavage. Udder disasters.

• eagledriver50 says:

And since you, Snow White are on the subject of Church Etiquette…women who wear extremely tight pants…Hookers and Lookers!!! And yes, I love to watch people doing an EXTREMELY boring sermon (Catholic) that comes from the pulpit on GW…(global warming)!!!

And thank you to ALL the ladies who have commented on Melania’s dress…That is what is needed…More Class and Less Sass!!!

• Snow White says:

I forgot to add super tight pants to my pet peeve list eagle driver 😁. So inappropriate in church especially. But no one teaches women how to dress anymore and if someone tried, these know it all women would say it’s none of that person’s business.

• Theresa Keys says:

You referring to the purple blob for Canada?

• 1stgoblyn says:

Melania’s dress length is flattering for a lady with her height. On us shrimp it looks awful.

• Deplorable Patriot says:

Totally agree. I happen to live in an area that has been upper middle class for generations. The women in my parish, at least, are always dressed well, and coiffed – and they are treated well by everyone. Wear a longer skirt, do your hair and makeup and the guys will open doors, give deference, treat you like the precious person you are. Even in this heat wave, t-shirt dresses are more attractive than short shorts and tank tops.

So glad we have Melania to help bring all this back to life. America has all but been slob-ovia for years. It’s quite horrifying to the eye, actually. Leading by example, maybe the woman of America will be more apt to look in the mirror and make adjustments. Hopefully. Yes, it takes effort, but it does pay off.

• Convert says:

Absolutely! I have spent my life among them, and it’s fascinating to me how so many of the most rabid and ridiculous and irrational leftists are all arrested adolescents. Every person I know personally who has had to file bankruptcy or had severe credit problems –hard lefty. They are often unable to sustain relationships, too. Really messed up people.

12. sundance says:

13. Pam says:

• American Male says:

I would prefer it read:

Taking names

Busting heads

“Making” new allies (as in “made” men for Poland Hungary etc.)

14. Pam says:

15. Mike diamond says:

NATO,President Trump knows how to deal ! All Obama did was try to sell us down the river ! Give the farm away!

• …and bring the wookie.

• yy4u says:

I always thought Obama hated Europe more than he hated the US and that’s saying a lot. BO barely disguised his contempt for Europe for having colonized Africa. While I believe BO was born in Hawaii, I also believe also that he self-identifies as African and harbors great resentment toward the European nations which had colonies in Africa, especially Britain which colonized Kenya, his father’s country. I think this explains some of his affinity for the Muslims who enslaved Africans but never went so far as to colonize. (He’s probably not smart enough to realize the East African slave trade was Muslim). It also explains his weakness toward Russia which likewise never had African colonies.

• ladypenquin says:

Yes, Obama hated Europe, especially the UK. Colonialism. He never identified with American Blacks, though they didn’t get that. He looked down on our citizenry.

• White Apple says:

For one thing, Obama was not a descendant of American Black slaves. Obama was a descendant of Kenya, Africa. Obama has less in common with today’s American Blacks than a white descendant of those on the Mayflower. Obama was elected because of his skin color and naive, gullible, white-guilt “useful idiots”.

• “Obama was a descendant of Kenya, Africa…” Yet as a descendant of British Colonial Africa and a family from Kansas, USA. we always seem to forget that he was half caucasian. The man that called himself Barack Obama was and is a mulatto.

• dd_sc says:

His affinity for Muslims/Islam comes from spending 8-10 formative years in Indonesia. His stepfather was a bureaucrat, and Obama governed very much like the Indonesian dictator at the time; Sarhuto (sp?).

• Bendix says:

His stint in Hawaii with white commie grandparents didn’t exactly give him a sense of belonging to America either.
          Hawaii is as close to living in a foreign country as you can get, and still be American.

• Dixie says:

He looked like him too. I can’t spell his name either.

16. G3 says:

Balloons…. England better step up their game.

• Bendix says:

I’ll say. That ballon isn’t even clever political satire.
      Wasn’t England the country that invented political satire?
      One more thing they can’t do anymore.

17. convert says:

Pompeo looks like he’s about to explode into giggles in every scene and picture–he is cracking up at Trump talking truth in real time to these dumb euroweenie double-talkers. Every body wants to talk to Melania–I wonder what she and Merkel were saying–their conversation seemed very animated? Trump was continuing to lay it to them in the small group at the little cocktail reception outside–you don’t need a degree to read that body language. Did anyone else notice how plugged in Melania was to those conversations going on between her husband and those other leaders? I also wonder if all these euroweenie snobs realize Melania probably understands their language, so anything they think they can say “privately” to their partners or staff will be understood by FLOTUS. LOL. Just random reactions to these videos and pics today.

• Emeraldstar says:

“you don’t need a degree to read that body language”

Indeed not!

To your point, what I noticed was that our always-elegant FLOTUS stood by her husband’s side. Absolutely the right and proper thing to do.

Also, Merkel (without any “significant” other) commandeered close to five full minutes of PDJT’s time, and it appeared to me that she wasn’t talking about the weather, or grandchildren, or golf. She was on a mission.

She then turned her efforts toward FLOTUS, with the same intent. I hope our FLOTUS spoke German to the barren European Hildebeast, just to show her up!

To Merkel, “social occasions are only warfare concealed”.

I found it tremendous that PDJT tweeted another MOAB, at 1:07pm (EDT), just minutes before the reception began.

• StanH says:

Yeah, I noticed that with Pompeo as well, he’s having fun.

• ladypenquin says:

I think Pompeo is one of the most delightful characters in POTUS’ administration. He has great personality, but just think how smart he is. Oh to be a fly on the wall when he is around.

• Tl Howard says:

While we’re on the subject of looks and Pompeo, I was talking to my sis about Pompeo the other day. We both agreed he’s at that age when men that much overweight might have a coronary and frankly it worries me as I see a run for POTUS in his future.

His weight surprises me. Yes, he IS a big man but usually someone who had the discipline to be ranked #1 at the US Military Academy would also show discipline in the area of weight management.

Come on, Mike, let’s watch that waistline. You’re too young for us to lose you.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Between her speaking many languages—-and neither of them drinking alcohol—you just KNOW they hear a bunch of things they were not meant to hear at many social gatherings.

18. beach lover says:

Catch the video of Trudeau’s wife… dissing Melania? She greeted PDJT, then someone behind. Melanie was waiting the greet her, and she walked away.

19. Pam says:

20. Pam says:

21. Pam says:

22. Pam says:

23. NYGuy54 says:

Theresa May seems to be on the wrong side all the time. Her entire country is watching the World Cup…..one of the biggest sporting events in their history…..and she is stuck in Brussels. She is just off on everything

Oh and England is winning 1 – 0. If they hold on, they play France in the final.

24. NJF says:

Does anyone know if there is a FLOTUS/WH fashion twitter?

I used to follow one that I think just gave up
    Bc of all he hate. 🤬

25. Marica says:

Everytime I see Mike Pompeo today he is grinning from ear to ear!!!!

• MfM says:

Mike has spent the last week traveling all over Japan, North Korea, Vietnam and a few other places. He’s likely been catching up Trump on all the conversations he had and sees this NATO meeting as a joke.

26. Cecil says:

With all the interest in Mrs. Trump’s clothing has anyone posted where President Trump gets his suits and shoes?

27. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Oh!!!!!!! My daily Melania!! My little heart leaps for joy and sheer pleasure😍😍😍😍😍😍

28. Nope says:

WTH is with Trudeau’s stance?

29. No one there to beat Melania in beauty, fashion or elegance! She beats them hands down!
    gorgeous as always!

30. Nicole says:

Flotus seems to be very happy now that she is in Europe. She is such a breath of fresh air!

31. ladypenquin says:

First Lady Melania has exquisite dress sense and taste. Absolutely wonderful to see her choice of fabrics, looks like a little dotted-swiss in the overlay, I love, love her hem lengths – so many women, if they wear dresses, don’t realize their knees are not that attractive. Of course, my opinion, but Melania’s style is so feminine, so empowering, so beautiful.

She truly has brought the real meaning of ‘Class’ back to the White House.

32. More nice pictures of Melania!
    Melania’s charm offensive: First Lady chats with Brigitte Macron at a classical concert and stuns in navy dress at Belgium chocolate tasting while her husband opens NATO summit with fiery attack on Germany

33. President Trump and Melania both look striking! They are the most attractive President and 1st Lady in decades. It looks like May and Merkel are color coordinated in the same dowdy blurple or is that the color of the European resistance? Now watching Erdogan and his other half in her black cape and hijab. Very interesting to see how the elite operate at a social function. President has opened so may doors for us deplorables to observe what is on the other side. Just love him and Melania so much for sharing their family and life with us.

34. Whitehouse Clown says:

While those old european geezers were gawking, Trump got them to increase their nato spending.

35. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Did anyone else notice that little happy step FLOTUS did on the steps as she walked to POTUS!!!! So cute…..

36. Liked by 1 person

37. Liked by 2 people

38. PotP says:

This is a magnificent image:

Melania knew what was wrong with Europe, and she brought a MAN back to fix it.

🙂

39. Dora says:

40. Cooper45 says:

Trump’s epic video with NATO leadership is lingering in my mind. It is “nuts” as SD succinctly wrote. Trump is accused at home of being soft on Russia for not imposing even more sanctions on Russia than the ones that are already applied but Merkel gets a pass for enriching Russia with $ Billions via the energy deal. What other deals are ongoing?

Will the nutty Dems now rant and rave against Fraulein Merkel for colluding with Putin and call for an investigation against her and Germany. Maybe they will petition The International Court of Justice in the Hague Netherlands. Of course they won’t as they are only political actors and dolts.

Trump might just have opened a door to possibly arranging better relations with Russia including trade etc. It’s now either cut off all trade and energy dependence with Russia or more honestly welcome them back to the G8 and quit being hypocrites.

If it’s OK for the Pomeranian or Rügener goose and other Euro countries to arrange lucrative trade deals with Putin why not others. Why have sanctions on at all? This might be Putin’s opportunity to rejoin the G8 if he can convince other leaders that he’s changed. (Not easy to do of course unless your Angela) This is what Trump has always hoped would eventually happen but on mutually beneficial and reliable terms.

41. jmclever says:

When I look at how beautiful Melania is, I see how all American women can dress elegantly and tastefully and be confident in who they are and also be beautiful like Melania. And somehow, its not about the dress or the shoes.

42. Cooper45 says:

I was never very interested in fashion or fashion lingo like her “dress is made of sheer tulle with white yarn embroidery.”

But then beautiful Melania appeared. The combination of her beauty, grace and caring personality were very appealing and her fashion choices soon became very interesting to watch.

43. Marica says:

Does anyone else see the Fabulous power Couple-POTUS & FLOTUS…and picture Donald J. Trump lean over and whisper in Melania’s ear…”Hey Beautiful. Wanna come help me save the world? ” and Melania nuzzles him back–and whispers “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

44. louche9 says:

Is anyone actually watching this? Everyone at that “welcoming” gathering is doing everything in their power to completely ignore PT and the First Lady; it’s clearly a conscious effort. Finally, a blonde dressed in red comes over and takes Melanie’s hand. They’re all crowded around Angela Merkle. So much for that vaunted European diplomacy they’re always looking down their snoots about with us.

45. bsdetector4u says:

Watching the video, I thought for a moment it was Chrystia Freeland flying in from Canada on the balloons.

46. I wonder what she is wearing for the dinner!!!!

47. Like

48. kurt72 says:

Does anyone know if President Trump can decrease our NATO payments without Congress?

49. LOL!

50. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Right on cue the RATS in the US Senate voted 97-02 to show their support for NATO.