Perfect – President Trump Urges South Carolina Voters To Ditch Mark Sanford !…

In a tweet released today, President Trump took aim at #NeverTrump decepticon Mark Sanford:

Rep. Sanford is locked in a tight race against primary challenger Katie Arrington, a state lawmaker and relative newcomer to politics.  However, she has rightly called out incumbent Sanford as a “career politician” and notes his consistent criticism of President Trump is a liability.

Polls opened this morning at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. tonight.  Voters standing in line when the polls close will still be able to cast a ballot.  Get out there and support Katie Arrington.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2018, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

278 Responses to Perfect – President Trump Urges South Carolina Voters To Ditch Mark Sanford !…

1. MakeAmericaGreat says:

“He is better off in Argentina.”

That’s our president right there. No punches pulled, nowhere to hide. lol

2. Sandra-VA says:

I just LOVE this President! Calls ’em as he sees ’em.

Frankly, I was shocked Sanford even ran for office again after his shameful Argentinian lies.

• MaineCoon says:

Even more shocked when SC vote for him.

• Oldschool says:

me too. That usually happens with dimms

• Mr. Morris says:

The Democrats nominated Steven Colbert’s sister to run against Sanford. Given the choice of Sanford, a fiscally responsible former Governor and congressman vs. a flaming ultra left wing spendthrift Democrat the choice of Sanford was a given.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Perhaps the voters thought anything but the evilcrat.

• pluffmudgirl says:

His Dem opponent in that election was a socialist with a Bernie tattoo – Dimitri Cherny. You could skip that block or hold your nose and elect Sanford. Interesting that Cherny switched to Republican this go round and is running against Sanford and Arrington.

• Tl Howard says:

For a GOP state in the South, SC sure does elect some strange ones.

• scpatriot says:

As an SC resident, I have to agree. But we get some good ones, like Mr. Mick Mulvaney from time to time. My husband says whomever has the most signs wins. His thinking is that whatever the last sign a lo-or-no info voter saw before reaching the voting booth is who he’ll pull the lever for. Unfortunately, those bad ones that keep getting re-elected seem to have the most signs.

• littleanniesfannie says:

THAT was the real shocker. They knew who he was—walked off his job as Governor without so much as a “screw you” to the citizens. What a Weiner (wannabe)!!!!

• Jedi9 says:

Sociopaths have no sense of shame! Our government is full of them! Yes time to take out the trash!

• Sayit2016 says:

President Trump is right– the people like Sanford need to go — either support your party leader or GET OUT.

3. The Devilbat says:

The democrats will do what they always do, they will rig the election and Sanford will stay.

• wheatietoo says:

Let’s hope not, Bat…think positive!

• Raven says:

That is what’s happening in Minnesota.

Jeff Johnson got the GOP Endorsement for Governor, and yet Tiny Tim Pawlenty came back to Minnesota after being a financial lobbyist to run against the endorsed candidate. From the moment Tim made his announcement all I thought was he is total Uniparty, there only to split the ticket and insure a Democrat win in November.

I pray President Trump comes out and endorses Jeff Johnson before the August primary.

• pluffmudgirl says:

They are trying to dilute the vote. Cherny is the third person on the ballot in the District One primary (mine). He was Sanfords Dem. opponent in the 2016 election…a socialist with a Bernie Sanders tattoo.

4. RedBallExpress says:

Knocking Mark off would really have the Uni-party gasping.

5. Publius2016 says:

Wow! Must be down to the wire!

• bayoukiki says:

From what I read yesterday or the day before about Sanford’s recent ads, he does appear to be in a bit of a panic

• Teagan says:

We are not in Sanford’s district but still in SC. We voted about 5 pm and were #22 and 23 for Republicans! That was shocking and very, very appalling! What’s WRONG with Republicans they do not come out for primaries!?
      On the other hand….we got absolutely NO literature on the candidates. There was nothing in our local newspaper…not even a list of polling places. It was as though elections today did not even exist here.
      There were two issues in the ballot we had not even heard about. Fortunately, we could read and vote yes or no…not even that us not always as straight forward as you think.
      I was very discouraged by this primary.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

That smells of Soros…

• BonBon says:

I am in Sanford’s district and I don’t think he will win. There are Katie Arrington signs everywhere. I voted for her page 5 line 6 of the Republican form at about 1pm. I don’t watch much tv, but in my neighborhood (278 homes) there is not 1 Sanford sign.

• Jan Phillips says:

Oh no, Teagan!!!!!

• 4sure says:

I’m not in Sanford’s district and would have voted for Arrington. I voted for McMaster for Gov. and Alan Wilson Son of Congressman “You Lied” Joe Wilson for AG. Both early Trump supporters. My home received at least 6 political calls for the Gov. race every day for the past two weeks. Trump(recorded call) called yesterday encouraging voters to vote for Henry McMasters. He had called last week as well. McMasters is the only uniparty pub in SC who supported Trump in the primary.

The uniparty of Niki Haley primaried him because he is a YUGE Trump supporter. Templeton was running against him and claimed Trump supported her as well as Nikki. She is a uniparty liar and I hope she does not win. If she does, I will not vote for her in the Gen. I have voted for the last uniparty pub. candidate and will not ever vote for another. and will never get my vote.

• Bon says:

In and around Charleston we have been inundated with all manner of ads.

• 7delta says:

I’m in the Upstate and if it makes you feel slightly better, when I went to vote, it was quiet, BUT the guy there told me I was in luck, because the crowd had just cleared out. I didn’t pay attention to the number I was on the role, but there were pages. More concerning…not…is that I didn’t even know the Dem primary was today too. I’ve not seen one ad on TV or one yard sign.

Primary voting is usually thin, but maybe it’ll be better, over all, than usual. Maybe…

6. Sylvia Avery says:

Well, I don’t live in SC so I can’t vote.

But I can pray, and pray I will that in each election held today that people will win who will help fight for PDJT’s agenda.

C’mon, Treepers, get your prayer game on! We can help!

7. I guess it is not wise to pi$$ off the boss before an election.

8. booger71 says:

Is SC an open primary?

9. fleporeblog says:

This tweet was ABSOLUTELY fantastic and a MOAB to every single RINO in the House and the Senate. This is PDJT’s Party. Anyone who thought differently are going to be sadly mistaken.

Senator Bob “I was afraid of PDJT” Corker is throwing his RINO colleagues in the Senate under the bus from running away from his bill to reign in our President’s power to negotiate trade deals using tariffs (specifically the 232 mechanism).

Easy for the Cork Screw to spew $hit out of his mouth since he isn’t running for reelection.

Bob did find a friend in the Establishment that is pushing his cause!

THIS IS WINNING BABY!

10. Pam says:

Sanford is one of the most hateful members of the HFC. He hates POTUS with a passion! He needed to be gone years ago.

11. parteagirl says:

Oh man, Trump just let De Niro have on twitter:

12. MTK says:

Short, sweet and on point… specifically noting the Zippo meme attached at the end.

13. Cow wow says:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

14. CountryclassVulgarian says:

“He is better off in Argentina.” Oh my!!!!! That will leave a mark 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Lack is not all says:

Just in case his constituency forgot that a Member of the government of this Nation was made a foul by a two bit whore that all the argentinians knew of her and he was the laughing stock of her country . I dont forget. I was vacationing in Argentina at that time and was so ashamed by his conduct.

• littleanniesfannie says:

““He is better off in Argentina.” Oh my!!!!! That will leave a mark “

They won’t keep him. They’ll just put him on one of those trains headed through Mexico back to our border. All the more reason to Build That Wall!!

15. burnett044 says:

Punchy…..lmaoooooooooooooo

16. Average joe says:

Finally, I get to see the ZIPPO, just not under the story that I wanted it to BE.

17. Oldschool says:

This will be a big indicator of Trump’s popularity and coattails. Sanford has a dark past, anti Trumper and Trump has made his choice known. Hope she kicks butt!

18. Harry Lime says:

Come on, South Carolina! Get out there and vote for Katie!…and bring your family…and friends…and acquaintances…and classmates…and co-workers…and neighbors…

19. Kerry Gimbel says:

I remember Fox briefly hiring Sanford as a contributor. Only saw him about four times. My first reaction is why would they hire him? He is a big phony. What a disgrace. Him and Fox

20. Sandra-VA says:

WOW!!!!

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

.. and another traitor reveals himself. Thanks Justin.

• Suncc49 says:

He brought up impeachment vote once… he is owned by Muslim Brotherhood and big business… fake libertarian

• jackphatz says:

Must be that Arab-American, Palestinian Christian thing that makes him dislike Trump so much.

• SJM says:

Mark Sanford Thanks God For Better Wife (TJDS)

The Jimmy Dore Show
          Published on Apr 12, 2013
          Disgraced ex-South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford unveils his mistress-turned-fiancée, Belen Chapur, at a campaign event in the race for Congress against Elizabeth Colbert Busch and his friends in the media couldn’t be more impressed. Even God’s cool with it, says Sanford. MORNING JOE SCARBOROUGH and Mike Barnacle praise Sanford for his “honesty” while Harold Ford admires Sanford’s conduct. (Trashing his marriage for an Argentinian mistress and using public funds to do it while lying about his whereabouts)

Does Sanford deserve the second chance his media buddies are so eager to give him? Is Sanford a hypocrite for attacking Bill Clinton’s infidelity? Would his friends in the media praise for his “honesty” if he wasn’t an insider? Comedian Jimmy Dore and Steve Rosenfield (The Daily Show) break it down on this installment of The Jimmy Dore Show.

• SJM says:

CNN’s Larry King interviews South Carolina first lady, Jenny Sanford, about her new book and her husband’s adultery.

• Conservativeinny says:

Who is he? I don’t recognize the name

• fred5678 says:

There is a history:

In 2016 Amash made headlines by joining the list of Republicans who opposed the GOP nominee for President, Donald Trump. After Trump was elected president, the Huffington Post profiled him in an article with the following title, “The One House Republican Who Can’t Stop Criticizing Donald Trump.” Amash said, “I’m not here to represent a particular political party; I’m here to represent all of my constituents and to follow the Constitution.”

On January 14, 2017, Trump sent out a series of tweets criticizing Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), one of the main leaders in the 1960s civil rights movement. Amash responded with a quick quip, “Dude, just stop.”

In April 2017 senior White House aide Dan Scavino tweeted that Amash was “a big liability” and urged followers to “defeat him in primary.” Amash later referred to Trump as a “childish bully,” saying that his attacks would be “constructive in the fifth grade. It may allow a child to get his way, but that’s not how our government works.”

In May 2017 Amash was reported as the first Republican congressman to publicly state that allegations against President Trump, if proven, merited impeachment. This report is contested by the office of Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-FL), who claims that he was the first to recognize that if true, the allegations merit impeachment.

In June 2018 the Huffington Post asked House Republicans, “If the president pardoned himself, would they support impeachment?” Amash was the only Republican who said “definitively he would support impeachment…”

• ristvan says:

Something is slowly dawning on this independent, since years neither R nor D (and for good reason). There used to be ‘conservative’ and liberal Ds. The ‘Blue Dog’ Ds disappeared long ago leaving only liberals shading into progressives and worse (exhibit A Bernie Sanders). There are liberal ‘RINO’s’ and conservative R’s. Except Trump has now shown that many ‘conservative’ Rs are actually only socially conservative, and otherwise fiscally liberal globalists (Ryan being exhibit B). Sanford is another exhibit B, independent of his uniquely low for a conservaive R moral standards.

Trump is defining a new R ‘wing’, which actually amounts to a new second party opposed to Uniparty D plus RINO plus ‘conservative’ globalists. And it encompasses all the former Blue Dog Ds, most non globalist Rs, and most of us independents who have long lacked a political home. All of whom are indelibly united as Les Deplorables. Que Trump’s unforgettable Miami rally open…

• Lulu says:

Amash has absolutely no morals if he thinks a man who abandons his three young sons, his wife, and his state while governor to fornicate with some floozy in Argentina is some pillar of virtue.

• Carl says:

This Justin amasshole is another one I would LOVE to see primaried!!!

21. Kerry Gimbel says:

Mr Amash. You obviously hit your head hard on something

22. Kerry Gimbel says:

And DiNiro is the very face of the looney communist left.

23. Kerry Gimbel says:

The fact is, if the looney left won enough power, it is people like DiNiro and Maher who would make sure all of us would be behind barbed wire

24. Bill Dunn says:

S.C. support our Great President FIRE RINO
    Mark Sanford.
    Vote for Katie Arrington.
    Vote for Americans First!!

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

26. Navy says:

The most beautiful mountains I ever hiked:
    Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria
    All the beautiful sounds of the woods
    In a single week:
    Maria, Maria, Maria, Maria
    Maria!
    I’ve just met an Argentinian named Maria,
    And suddenly that hiker
    Will never notify my staffers
    Of me.
    Maria!
    I’ve just hiked the Appalachian Trail with a girl named Maria,
    And in seven days I’ve found
    How wonderful a mountain
    Can be!
    Maria!
    Hike it…

27. pluffmudgirl says:

Ha! I voted Katie early this morning. ~

28. tdaly14 says:

I hope they do it! He’s a sissy man as well.

29. Standup Boarder says:

Voted for Katie – was number 89 republican at my small island polling station. Presidential election at same time was number 231. Area overwhelming voted Trump in presidential primary. Fingers crossed!

30. Jim Kin says:

I voted Arrington this morning.

31. fredh49 says:

Excellent endorsement by VSGPDJT. I hope she wins.
    I’m sure there is a reason he waiting until today but I don’t understand why he didn’t do it sooner. Any thoughts as to why it happened now?

32. Sanford is a scum. I can’t believe SC voted him into any office after that governor fiasco. The only reason he won that race was because of his wife…the one he flipped off for some stupid affair. She was the brains and the money behind him I hope he goes down in flames.

33. Summer says:

I am in San Diego atm and can’t vote, dammit, but my husband was instructed to go to the polls and vote for Arrington and McMaster. He is on his way as we speak.

34. pecosbill79772 says:

Please Mr. President, scorch the indicted Bob Menedez just like you got Sanford.

Ol’ Sen. Indicted-Menendez would better off in the Dominican Republic.

Bob Hugin for Senate in NJ. That would be a blue state shocker.

35. andyocoregon says:

Dump the R.I.N.O.’s!

36. Running Fast says:

While in DC 2 weeks ago I was at an event where I ran into a lobbyist. He bragged that he was in the business for the money and “got his start” working in Mr Sanford’s office. I wished him well on his endeavors and vacated the conversation.

37. A friend is on her way over for supper so I only have a second – here is a live update link to VA primary for Kaine’s seat – Nick Freitas and Corey Stewart are neck-and-neck.

38. sunnydaze says:

Isn’t Pastor Mark Burns running in S.C. today, too?

Supporter of Trump From.The.Start.

39. jackphatz says:

If this is true…..

40. sDee says:

Only way. No sense draining the swamp if the GOP fills it right back up.

The Uniparty syndicate controls government by controlling the primaries – ensuring only those the Party has groomed, anoints and supports has a chance.

The GOP would rather lose a seat than let a patriot through to the general election

41. MikeN says:

PBS special on immigration on their website has hidden within a deal made by Paul Ryan and Raul Gutierre to pass amnesty. They had whipped a majority of the Republican caucus in favor, had scheduled a meeting with John Boehner to get the vote, and were celebrating with drinks. Then during their celebrations, news came that Eric Cantor lost to Dave Brat and the whip count disappeared.

President Trump sees that discharge petition hanging over the election, and moved to knock off Sanford. One win is worth 20 votes in the Houee from NeverTrumpers.

42. Albertus Magnus says:

NOTHING this primary night would make me happier than to see this POS defeated.

He is a liar and completely sold out to the GOPe and when governor he did the CoC bidding in the state.

My best friend was a state representative in SC and I helped in his campaign many times. I have heard it for YEARS when he was governor. He was a jerk BEFORE his Argentinian trip.

May Justice roll down from heaven!

43. MAGADJT says:

SC is red, but they have a bad track record of electing good federal legislators.

• I really doubt the conservatism of SC…look at who they vote for…sorry…something wrong here. They do get a lot of federal money, primarily military. Maybe they think they are social conservatives, but fiscally not so much. Even that I doubt; why would they vote for Sanford for anything after his sickening behavior as governor….like to hear from people living in sc.

• 7delta says:

Remember when Al Green (D and fruitcake) won in the primaries to face off with DeMint (R)? Maybe it wasn’t all dumb Dim voters. Maybe we need a clean up in all aisles. People working on it.

• not just federal but also state…

44. graphiclucidity says:

Primary Results from Live 5 News, Charleston –

Sanford and Arrington tied at 48%, only 5% of precincts in.

Keep checking back on that site to refresh for the latest results.

45. Albertus Magnus says:

Now, Katie is up 51% to 46%!!!

46. Albertus Magnus says:

Now it is 52% to 45.5% and Katie is up almost 2k votes!

47. Albertus Magnus says:

52% to 45% and 2,200 votes ahead! Go MAGA-Katie!

48. sammyhains says:

Looks like Katie Arrington is going to win outright with over 50%, no runoff.

49. Navy says: