Saturday May 26th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

226 Responses to Saturday May 26th – Open Thread

1. An art history look at Ancient Egyptian Art to ‘Sumerians, Egyptians and Greeks’ and ‘Ankh, the Sound of Ancient Egypt’. From Pre-Dynastic Period to Late Period.

2. Egyptian Fayum Portraits from the Ptolemaic Period

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Hi from Wilmot , Ohio.

Colossians 1:9  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Buying Up The Time

Nineteen hundred years ago Paul wrote to his fellow- believers in the vicinity of Ephesus: “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming [Lit., buying up] the time, because the days are evil” (Eph. 5:15,16). Those were indeed evil days, when a wicked tyrant ruled the Roman Empire, when Messiah had been rejected, not only in incarnation, but in resurrection, and Christianity was fighting a life-and-death battle to penetrate the prevailing pagan darkness with the light of God’s grace. Surely Paul never dreamed that the dispensation of grace would continue for more than nineteen hundred years. He expected the Lord to come at any time to recall His ambassadors and bring the day of grace to a close. Hence the urgency of his appeal to be “buying up the time, because the days are evil.”

But if Paul had reason to suspect that the day of grace would soon be brought to a close, we today have greater reason to think so. Now that the light of the gospel has been brought to Europe, America and many other parts of the world, men are turning their backs on it. Only a small minority of even Christendom truly believe the Bible and know the Christ it presents — and how very few know the riches of His grace!

Meanwhile our governments, our educational institutions and our social systems are becoming ever more godless. The result? The newspapers, radio and TV — even a trip downtown to any fair-sized city, will tell us all we need to know. Once again “the days are evil” and the Lord’s coming for His own seems imminent. There is still much talk about lasting peace and prosperity, but no thoughtful person believes that we are headed in that direction. Rather the world appears to be heading straight toward the prophesied “day of wrath.”

What a comfort it is to the believer, then, to know that “God hath not appointed us unto wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us…” (I Thes. 5:9,10). “For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed” and “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom. 10:11,13).

By Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

1Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. … 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

To the Reader:

Some of our Two Minutes articles were written many years ago by Pastor C. R. Stam for publication in newspapers. When many of these articles were later compiled in book form, Pastor Stam wrote this word of explanation in the Preface:

“It should be borne in mind that the newspaper column, Two Minutes With the Bible, has now been published for many years, so that local, national and international events are discussed as if they occurred only recently. Rather than rewrite or date such articles, we have left them just as they were when first published. This, we felt, would add to the interest, especially since our readers understand that they first appeared as newspaper articles.”

To this we would add that the same is true for the articles written by others that we continue to add, on a regular basis, to the Two Minutes library. We hope that you’ll agree that while some of the references in these articles are dated, the spiritual truths taught therein are timeless.

4. 4beagles says:

Thank you dear lord for letting me live to teach my grandkids what my grandfather taught me.

5. citizen817 says:

• Donna in Oregon says:

Amen.

Inspirational to read what other people think of to say to God…..

Prayer #1

“Soldiers are asked to make the ultimate sacrifice. It takes an incredible person to face the possibility of war and death, especially a death that will save the lives of people you have never even met. John 15:13 says, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.” Just as Jesus sacrificed his life so that we may be free, so too have many of our nation’s soldiers. On Memorial Day—and every other day—we can say a prayer of thanks for those brave souls willing to make such a sacrifice for our country, letting them know that the love they have for their country is being returned by its people.”

• JC says:

Thank you, Donna. I will refer to this link throughout the day and evening. Beautiful prayers.

(How are Sarah and Ernie?)

• Donna in Oregon says:

Thanks for asking JC. She is still recovering at home. Slow process, will have to have physical therapy for her right leg. She is happy to be home, and my Grandson Ernie is happy to have his mom back. They are doing well 🙂

We are very grateful for everyone here, it is really comforting to have CTH in times of despair. Thanks again JC!

• This song has been in my head lately…and since I posted it yesterday, I’ve been listening to different artists cover versions..But then it was time to listen to John sing it..This is a comment that was posted on YouTube:

“I’ve listened to every version of this haunting song on YouTube…When my husband left for Vietnam in 1970, we played this song the night before he left – it became our song while he was gone. When he came home, he was so damaged–he’d lost 60 pounds and was emotionally crippled–I barely recognized him when he walked off the plane. He left himself over there. He never recovered. We were so full of hope for our future before he went away. Every time I hear this song, I feel the same feelings I felt for him the night he left and while he was away. It’s eerie how it applied, too, after he returned home…Our lives are really mostly memories. Have a peaceful night.”

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

dreamboat annie,

Read your heart felt post. I have seen this so many times. A Service member comes home from the horror of war and is not the same. The experiences he had cannot be shown in movies or even explained. The horror of war…

So I know there is nothing I can possibly say to you, because you are the one who has the pain….

But I do get my comfort mostly from Art, Music, Authors and Poets…so here is something just for you…

“People will walk in and walk out of your life, but the one whose footstep made a long lasting impression is the one you should never allow to walk out.”

And, maybe this will help, but…I ask you please take care and be good to yourself.

“The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one’s relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.”
        ~ by Sir Hugh Walpole ~”

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

dreamboat annie,

And, did not intend to ……..sometimes….memories is all we have….

Stay safe and be well…

• Gunny, I am SO sorry I confused you..yes..I had been listening to different versions of the song yesterday… And I just so happened to come across a comment that was made by someone else. And HER comment moved me too, so I posted it. I tried to post her quote in italics, but it didn’t work. I have always been so shy that I think I have never learned to communicate well ! But… Thank you for the kind words, none the less ❤️
          Smiley would have done a MUCH better job of explaining !! Seriously tho, thank you..

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Your communication was fine. I understood completely.

It was my fault. Sometimes my communications are overly direct. This was my concern to you.

And yes, Smiley can verify that about me.

Please take care and remember shyness is not a weakness. It just means you are a good listener.

Take care and have a nice weekend.

• millwright says:

Powerful photo !!

• New Nonna Again!!! says:

If all these tragic lost lives were due to calculating elitist buttholes, their loss is even more tragic. We may never really know.
      ☹️
      God bless our Service men and women lost in all the country’s wars, conflicts and action as well as those currently serving.
      🙏🏼

• Teagan says:

Four maternal uncles out of 5 brothers, all served in WWII. Oldest was a Sea
      Bee in the Pacific, two were in the Navy at Pearl Harbor (one still alive at 99 this week), and the youngest at age 18 was in the D-Day invasion (now in 90’s). By some miracle, all returned, uninjured. Can you imagine their mother’s anxiety throughout the war?

6. Alligator Gar says:

Be safe to all Treepers and families on Florida’s northwest coast. Godspeed, believers. It’s been since 1994 since we’ve had an Alberto.

7. Garrison Hall says:

8. Turranos says:

41.5 million people will be traveling this weekend. The most in 13 years! I wonder who helped that happen? Obola? No way. President Donald J. Trump – Yes! MAGA on troops and have a wonderful weekend. May God Bless each of you.

9. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Caterday, Treepers! 🙂

10. kltk1 says:

It was coming in March, then it was coming in April, then it was going to be released in May. THIS is why many have little confidence anything will come of the IG report and why many believe Washington can never correct itself. Beyond sad.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

It’s about timing–all good.
      Have a blessed Week-end, all you wonderful Treepers.
      May the Lord Protect and Bless all of you.
      May the Lord Protect and Bless our President Trump and his MAGA Team.
      Honoring our military begins…..

• Lucille says:

kltk1, take your cue from President Trump. He’s in it for the long haul. He wants justice. And justice is best served when everything is set in proper order, not rushed and causing lack of preparation to lose the case. It’s coming together. Have faith.

• Donna in Oregon says:

I don’t know which one will be best for reading about your feelings Kltk1…..they’re all good.

Psalm 27:14 King James Version (KJV)
      14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

John 16:33 King James Version (KJV)
      33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Deuteronomy 31:6 King James Version (KJV)
      6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

• Jim in TN says:

That and the lack of prosecuting McCabe from the criminal referral in the first report.

And the obvious covering up of anything that makes the FBI or DOJ look bad, especially the crimes they commit.

But, while it is no longer too soon for Huber to start, it is not yet too late.

Waiting until the next report is released, or any excuse that waits until almost next year, is too late.

Anyone else wonder if that is the reason that Rosenstein took up Trump’s challenge and added FBI spying conduct to the IG investigation? Delay action until after the election.

• BigMamaTEA says:

The IG has been given additional information since March. Which is why the dates have been moving.

kltk1……I’ve been researching all this for 12 years….and I guess you don’t realize how difficult it is just to get congress-critters to even look at your research (Uniparty) let alone…..INVESTIGATE…..let alone refer to the Inspector General…….then to a Grand Jury/Military tribunal if necessary.

We’re just getting started. This is going to be possibly another year or two until some indictments, let alone trials! But….this is WONDERFUL the progress that’s made so far…….

The bigger the Government, the slower it is to move on anything….good and or bad.

Be grateful to those who have been working on this for a long time, that we are even at this point. That place up there (DC) does not fix itself, and actually, were there not a ton of pressure being pushed against it, we wouldn’t be where we are now.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Hey Big Mama! So true, it’s like watching grass grow. We need the inspirational stuff here on the open thread to keep our sanity!

I know you sometimes enjoy my letters to our fearless leaders. I write them often, and I hope when they come and put me in the pokey for annoying them that everyone here will help post my bail.

God please forgive me, but I write Jeff Sessions at least once per week (actually more) and also his subordinates. I feel compelled…. The RNC volunteering wasn’t enough…

_____________________________________________

Re: Same topic, different day
        Dear AG Sessions,

I realize that my government spies on everyone, including me. I also realize that I am remiss if I don’t bring to your attention the things that I read that may bring clarity to the violations of the 4th Amendment and FISA/FISC violations of the FBI/DOJ. ACLU vs Clapper anyone? The news media is a blank….Americans not so much. So I bring to you the most recent revelations of your honorable profession:

“Obviously the FISA/IC investigation is going to go into the locations of the CIA, ODNI, NSA and their intersection with the Department of Justice National Security Division, DOJ-NSD. On the Main Justice side things are slightly more complex because there’s much bigger stakes at play and legal risks that extend far beyond the DOJ-NSD. While a host of DOJ-NSD officials have been removed or quit (John Carlin, Mary McCord, David Laufman) many more remain. Trish Beth “Trish” Anderson, Tashina “Tash” Gauhar, George Toscas to name a few. Then there’s Bruce Ohr, demoted twice and remaining likely for cooperation. In addition, the entire apparatus of the Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) appears to have been involved in creating plausible legal justification.”

“In essence, many of the corrupt officials within Main Justice HAVE NOT been purged.”

“Almost every current media leak is from inside the remaining Main Justice and DOJ-NSD officials who remain in place protecting the interests of the former corrupt officials. All are lawyers, and all have alignment with their external allies in the Lawfare Blog Group.”

We already know. I’ll send some more updates next week. I have them already, it’s a lot to take in. I have to assume that since you’ve “recused” yourself, just like Susan Rice you “don’t know nothin’ bout nothin'” in DC speak. All those years of college…

Guess you are not leaving, perhaps Rosenstein will leave. He has to be told how to do the right thing. This whole thing just makes all of us sad.

Sincerely,

Donna

11. Karl Kastner says:

Regret My Decision

(Sung to the tune of Whiskey Drinkin’ Woman, by Nazareth)

Lost the e-lection, there goes the rest of this life for me
    She’s drink-ing every night
    Now I’m yearn-ing to break free
    I hate that woman, and I’d love to see her dead
    But she knows my secrets, so I’m trapped and must stay wed

I re-gret my decis-ion
    To make a Clin-ton out of Hillary

She’s got cankles where her hoofs meet
    Like she’s Ark-an-sas corn fed
    Had to have some work-man come
    And re-in-force our bed
    I ad-mit I went wrong
    Guess I’m doomed to live this plight
    But I spike her NyQuil
    Ho-ping this could be the night

I’m will-ing to risk pris-on
    For makin’ a Clin-ton out of Hillary

Please under-stand my problem
    And you’ll sym-pa-thize with me
    The way that she was grow-in’
    Can you blame me for Lewin-sky?
    She just lays there glarin’
    Like there’s de-mons in her head
    Got to double bag it
    Or chew my arm off in-stead

I’d choose blindness over vis-ion
    Cause I made a Clin-ton out of Hillary

Got to get my thoughts to-gether, and figure some-thing out
    If I weren’t a co-ward, I’d take the ea-sy way out
    I hate that woman, and I’d love to see her dead
    But when we’re in public, I hold hands and grin in-stead

A su-i-cide decision?
    For makin’ a Clin-ton out of Hillary…

12. Donna in Oregon says:

Is it Caturday already?

Q: Why don’t cats like online shopping?
    A: They prefer a cat-alogue.

I dressed my dog up as a cat for Halloween. Now he won’t come when I call him.
    —Reid Faylor

13. Bri754 says:

May you lord contiune to keep your loving hands around all patriots, guide us on this path, protect all people who choose to do good, protect us from ones who choose to do harm. Forever we all shall be grateful to follow your guidance and leader ship. Lord Bless Donald Trump, his family, & closest to him. Place your wings around them to wave off all the ugly they all are enduring in the name of America & Freedom. Bless the enitre Q team also, protect them as they have put everything on the table to show light onto the darkness so many have yet to believe is real. Lord, contiune to protect all our men & women. In Jesus name

Amen

14. Lucille says:

Marine Corps Body Bearers | The Last To Let You Down

15. nimrodman says:

Canada: Glass shards and sewing needles deliberately planted on beach threatened by “Islamic Revolutionary Force”

There are several possibilities here. One is that there are Muslims who threatened jihad violence against the beach, and who then planted glass shards and sewing needles all across it.

Another is that non-Muslim hoaxers wrote the “Islamic Revolutionary Force” threat letter, and then planted the glass and needles on the beach.

A third possibility is that one group, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, issued the “Islamic Revolutionary Force” letter, and another saw it and thought they would have some fun by putting the glass and needles on the beach.

In any case, this kind of thing never happened before jihad terror became a commonplace feature of life in the West.

“Bracebridge temporarily shuts down 2 beaches after disturbing discovery,” by Shallima Maharaj, Global News, May 21, 2018 (thanks to Michael):

“The May long weekend attracts thousands of beach lovers to Ontario’s cottage country, but this year two popular destinations were temporarily closed.

Kirby’s Beach and Bracebridge Bay Park were closed after glass shards and sewing needles were discovered …

• WSB says:

Beautiful places ravaged by evil. Sorry to hear. Be wise about leadership.

• Bri754 says:

This is becoming so overwhelming, America has had a long bloody battle to stand tall, to see these ppl trying to destroy everything we have fought so long for is sick.

I ask what would happen for someone to have this much hate? They say [jihad] is so they can go to the promise land, however what promise land would ever ask u to do harm in their name? Its just not peaceful.

#GoodvsEvil

16. dbethd says:

View this post on Instagram

FLOTUS and POTUS 🇺🇸❤️

A post shared by First Lady Melania Trump (@ladymelaniatrump) on

17. smiley says:

diet & nutrition fans !

could this be The Next Superfood ?

May 25, 2018

BEWARE : “ENTO MILK”

according to a 2016 “report”…by “scientists and experts”…ento milk (as it’s called) is…

“…a sustainable, nature-friendly, nutritious, lactose-free, delicious, guilt-free dairy alternative of the future…”

“…full of amino acids and proteins…”

“…a milk-like superfood…”

mmm-hmmm, right ?

but….wait…there’s that word “sustainable” again…which, yes, is a RED FLAG…because the “ento milk” is actually…..

COCKROACH MILK.

“milk-like”

so…when or if you ever see something called ento milk in nice pretty packaging sometime in “the future”, just remember…

“milk-like”

18. JX says:

Rebel Media report on Tommy Robinson

19. Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

In Flanders Fields-Lovely Choir– Eleanor Daley

20. dbethd says:

Ok last one.

21. smiley says:

Always Remember ❤

Happy Memorial Day

🐱

• 1stgoblyn says:

Nothing ‘happy’ about it. It is a solemn day to remember those who gave all.

• smiley says:

and they gave their all for….”…the pursuit of happiness…” which is a purely American freedom.

remembering and honoring our American Veterans is a solemn occasion.

but when we say Happy Memorial Day, we imply a gratitude for their dedication to, and heroic protection, of our Freedoms.

• smiley says:

Happy.

what they fought for. ❤

22. Lucille says:

Henri 10 – “Reigning Cat, and Dog”

23. Good Morning Treepers,,
    AND
    Happy Caturday..
    Been Speaking & E-mailing with *BigMamaTea*
    She knows 90% of the “History”..
    Remember, I’ve told several, (related) stories of Me living in the Panama Canal Zone, (During the Change-over) during and After Jimmey Carter Gave it “away” back to the Rep. of Panama..
    I spent ALOT of time in the “Jungles” around Ft. Gulick, Ft. Davis, Ft. Sherman and Related areas, “Catching Minnows” for My “bait business”, selling minnows to Military personal, Dependents AND Diplomatic personnel, when they were visiting..
    It was about the ONLY thing One could do to make Extra CASH, being a dependent in a Foreign country..

I PERSONALLY Witnessed a few things, concerning Application & DUMPING, of (YES), of Agent Orange AND their “Variants” into the Local creeks & watershed(s)..
    I was HEAVILY exposed, once witnessing the actual DUMPING of these “Herbicides”, NOT knowing at the time What they were.. At the time..

PLEASE take the time to read this book.. It is Well researched, Much, (almost exactly) Like the Research SUNDANCE & Company does here at the treehouse.. FOIA request’s, documents, shipping records etc..
    Here is the BOOK LINK…
    https://www.amazon.com/Travels-Orange-other-toxins-ebook/dp/B01MSEC1ZB, by Donna Tornoe (Author) ..
    Hoping maybe Lou Doobs or other Heavy Hitters that read the CTH will “stumble” upon this post here..
    Again I WITNESSED Dumping and was exposed HEAVILY ..

This Post will go onwards to the next post.

• Now, fast forward 30+ years..
      I’m experiencing “blood clotting” etc, have had numerous “blood tests” with NO Reason Nor Rhyme WHY My blood was doing crazy things like clotting up for NO reason…
      First “occurrence”, Doctors here decided to insert & install a IVC Filter…

** The Cordis Optease IVC filter and other similar products are designed so that they can be removed once the risk of a pulmonary embolism has passed. In the prior FDA alert, the agency indicated that doctors should remove the filters once the danger of the clot has passed, to reduce the risk of the filters breaking free.**

ONCE your body responds to “Blood thinners”, it was to be REMOVED..
      except, the One inserted into My Body wasn’t,,, WHY?
      Maybe because it was recalled TWICE?
      There was a “Misprint” on the Filter/Label that allowed the filter to be installed Backwards!
      One was in 2008 & again in 2013.
      ** Cordis Optease IVC Filter Recall: Risk of Implanting Backwards **
      (do some research you’ll find plenty)..

So I CANNOT find ANY Vascular Surgeons, Here in Wilmington, N.C. to even treat Me. Been to the ER several times, admitted once & TOLD, (in front of My family) I’m NOT treating you because “”It will be a bloody Mess””..

So With the Agent Orange “Variant’s” & a recalled ICV Filter, & 2 Trips to Chapel Hill & Duke.. Yet AGAIN, even taking blood thinners & related Medicines.
      I’m scheduled yet for another round/testing AT Duke University, with Specialists ..
      June 29th..
      NOW Duke is AWARE of My “exposure”, as a Kid, young adult..
      But STILL they cannot “remove” the Filter as it is in backwards..
      This is what My Legs & feet look like..
      THIS is MILD.. When they swell really big, My skin “weeps” blood through my skin pores..
      I AM in EXTREME PAIN..

• This is just small part/reason WHY I wrote what I did in the Prayer thread…
        …………………….
        BigMamaTea knows most of the rest..
        I’m trying to sell some OLD computer parts, to help pay for fuel & trip, parking & co-pays up to Duke..
        It’s NOT going very well..
        The stuff I have is really too OLD..
        I just wanted to share “some” of this information, So no-one had gotten scared.. That I may try to take My own Life..
        Though some Nights & Days, I get those thoughts, I’m in so much pain…
        here is the Doc for My appointment, (so no-one thinks I’m trying anything..)
        I’m asking for lots of Prayers.. I’m trying to gather-up some other things to try & sell for the trip..
        Last time they Admitted Me straight in for a stay, looks like this time that will happen again.. *SIGH*

• Thing is with the AO & it’s “Variants” If the United States Federal Gov, *CONFIRMS*, IT’S USE IN THE Canal Zone..
          First the Rep. of Panama is going to (you can or could guess) costing the USA, BILLIONS of Dollars..
          Secondly, Knowing it was used in “Training areas”, like at the Former “School of the Americas”, (Ft. Gulick) AND at the *Jungle Training School* in & around Ft. Sherman, On our Troops attending “Jungle school training” sets up the VA for HUGE payouts to hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of Military personnel that were Stationed there as well as “groups” of troops brought down from the States that went trough the School. Each Jungle Training Class group was approxmently 21 Days..

Then you have THOUSANDS of DEPENDANTS of Military personnel, that MAY of been exposed, (Especially housed & based at Ft. Sherman)..

Then One of the Few, like Myself that spent HUNDREDS of Hours at ALL 3 bases on the Atlantic side IN the Jungle, I was catching Wild minnows to sell for school cloths & such..
          Well, Where would that leave the Federal Government?
          As I WITNESSED the DUMPING of these “Herbicides” into the Environment?
          Yes, It DOES DO What it was designed to do..
          **Defoliate** the Jungle environment, of vegetation so “enemy troops” could be spotted & eliminated ..
          It takes roughly 20~30 years for it’s effects to show up in humans..
          I’ve “HAD” numerous “friends”,, Whom I went to school with die of blood cancers/disorders etc..

Also Search these Terms..
          *Blue Water navy*…
          AGAIN,, READ THIS BOOK..
          Dr. Wayne Dwernychuk, a world-renown Agent Orange expert supported my research into the Panama Veteran. His opinion is:
          **”It is my contention that military personnel serving in areas where Agent Orange or 2,4,5-T was sprayed, and not limited to the Vietnam experience, could have been exposed to the dioxin component of these two categories of herbicide, TCDD. Consequently, the presumptive service nomenclature/formula should apply to these personnel.”
          This book proves that the dioxin TCDD was introduced into Panama.***

• PLEASE READ THE “PREVIEW”!!!!!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Wow, what a story, crossthread. 35 years ago we knew a young family at our kids’ elementary school whose husband was a Vietnam Vet and he had been exposed to Agent Orange. He was a very sick guy who was unable to work. When he had to pick up his kids at school, his legs looks just like yours in this photo.

They had problems getting the gov’t to even admit that Agent Orange caused him to be that sick, so they refused to treat him for free. It was a scary situation for them. They finally had to move to a cheaper place to live and closer to a hospital that was willing to help out. He then passed away a year later…he was only about 35 year old.

We lost touch when she remarried and moved on.

24. nimrodman says:

25. Dora says:

Zedekiah Belknap (American Folk Artist, (1781-1838) “Girl with Cat”

• holly100 says:

Love the simplicity of old portraits. This one in particular. Very nice!

• WSB says:

American Primitive Portraiture

“Like the photographer of the latter half of the 19th Century, the itinerant painter had a set way of posing his subjects with certain stage props to signify the profession or occupation of the sitter — binoculars for a sea captain, a book for a clergyman or a lawyer, a doll or other toy for a child, a flower or a book for a woman, etc. Some itinerant artists prepared a number of canvases with scenic or plain background and body of subject completed, save for the head. Then as summer weather made traveling about the countryside feasible, sought and secured commissions from clients living in towns and on farms.”

26. smiley says:

The Art of War

Landing Zone, Vietnam

oil/canvas

1966

Base Camp, An Khe, Vietnam

1967

o/c

artist : John O. Wehrle ~ American soldier ~ served in Vietnam

War and Peace

o/c

1942

artist : Peter Hurd ~ American war correspondent for Life Magazine, WW2 – artist, Andrew Wyeth’s brother-in-law

those paintings were part of a 2010 exhibit in Philadelphia at The National Constitution Center, titled Art of the American Soldier which included 250 paintings and sketches done by American soldiers while in the line of duty.

more about it, here…

27. Dora says:

I can’t help thinking of Noel this morning. He is a tour guide Hubby and I befriended in Ireland some time ago. During one of our conversations, Noel assured us that abortion will never be legal in Ireland. He explained that the right to life was written into their constitution. He must be feeling so sad today. As a lot of people surely are.

• amwick says:

The numbers are unbelievable.. SMH

• Donna in Oregon says:

Looks like the snakes returned to Ireland. It was foretold in many a toast:

Saint Patrick was a gentleman, who through strategy and stealth
      Drove all the snakes from Ireland, here’s a drink to his health!
      But not too many drinks, lest we lose ourselves and then
      Forget the good Saint Patrick, and see them snakes again!
      ~Author Unknown

28. nimrodman says:

Copy cats! Mother-of-four manages to persuade all eight of her beloved moggies to pose for the camera on the stairs at dinner time

29. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
    Romans 3:23 (KJV)

30. Dora says:

• Donna in Oregon says:

The good people have been silenced. President Trump refers to us as the Forgotten man and woman.

The British have Theresa May.

Great Britain is lost, London is fallin’

31. Dora says:

32. Bud Klatsch says:

Read the other day that some Hollywood pundit now estimates that H’wood ‘men’ are 50% gay! So, I’m trying to figure out the %’s myself. That leaves the other 50%, made up of 45% sex deviants and 5% normal straight men. Just another reflection of America we are told.

33. ForGodandCountry says:

34. duchess01 says:

SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2018
    Memorial Day in Light of Our Day

35. Dora says:

Michael Voris talks about why the mid term elections are so important.

36. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels.

37. I like this New painting the Artist put out..

38. covfefe999 says:

Periodically I like to check up on the Farook Terror Family of San Bernadino because they’re a total train wreck even without Syed and Tashfeen’s Islamic terror massacre. Apparently terror brother Raheel OD’d on his psych meds and he lost his job. If you remember, Raheel and his Russian wife Tatiana set up the sham marriage between Tatiana’s sister Mariya and terrorist Syed’s pal Enrique Marquez. They were all charged with immigration fraud.

I’m still convinced terror mother Rafia knew that Syed and Tashfeen were going to commit a terror attack. She was living with them you know. Surely she saw the stockpile of weapons and witnessed the planning The morning of the attack she and the terror baby were conveniently picked up from the apartment, leaving her car there. My theory is that Rafia’s car was Syed and Tashfeen’s getaway vehicle, they would ditch the rental SUV, grab what they needed from their apartment, and then drive off in Rafia’s car. After the attack Syed and Tashfeen did try to return to their apartment but the cops spotted them and they couldn’t carry through with their getaway plan. And if you remember, while the chase and showdown were occurring, terror mother Rafia was out driving around in Raheel’s truck! IIRC a cop stopped her for some reason. Syed’s name was already out in the media well before the final showdown. If you were a mother and you heard on TV, radio, or internet that your son was the prime suspect in a massacre, would you be out driving around? Remember the theory that Syed and Tashfeen wore GoPros but dropped them off somewhere? I totally accept that theory and I think Rafia was out to collect the GoPros, but the plan had gone awry. I suspect the original plan was that Syed and Tashfeen were going to drop off the GoPros (and probably other stuff) at the apartment and Rafia would pick it all up. Maybe she drove over there and saw the police swarm, or she was listening to the radio and realized that a chase was going on.

This case still bothers me greatly as you can tell :).

39. I hope everyone Enjoys their Holiday..
    Don’t forget OUR TROOPS & VETS.
    2 pictures when I was younger & served..
    Besides,, MY MOS was,,,,, 67T10..
    I was a tracked/Vehicle Mechanic..

That “evolved” quickly into a *Everything Mechanic*..
    Where-as; If the “actual” Mechanic wasn’t “around” OR couldn’t fix something..
    GUESS WHO they called?

MOST times I “opined” It’s NOT MY MOS to FIX this, OR I’m NOT qualified/trained to work on________..

I was then “handed” a MANUAL, with the comment…
    **YOU ARE NOW** “Qualified”…

It’s over THAR, (some where’s usually way out in the woods somewhere).. Giving Me a Ride, (Or commandeered a Jeep or something, on My own) Off I went..
    Yes I got “recognized” for my excellent work, going from E-2 too E-5 in record time.. 😉
    Me in the foreground.. In My younger years..