Monday April 30th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Monday April 30th – Open Thread

1. Bendix says:

I’ve posted this before, but after hearing the praise for President Trump over his North Korea diplomacy, in church last night, I am posting it again:

“OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth!”

I find it inspiring.

2. litlbit2 says:

More reasons why November 2018 can not come fast enough. Time to take the shackles off our President Trump.

3. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

So that immigrant army caravan from the south has reached San Diego. Some are climbing fences waving the Honduras flag and claiming asylum. First line of defense should be water cannons to make it more difficult to hop the border. They need to DO SOMETHING now to stop the invasion!

4. Sepp says:

Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen!

Yesterday, the fourth Sunday of Pascha in the Orthodox Church, it was the Sunday of the Paralytic (who was the man in the Holy Gospel according to Saint John).

A hymn chanted from the Sunday of the Paralytic

“As of old Thou didst raise the paralytic, O Lord, by Thy divine presence do Thou raise my soul which is paralyzed grievously by all manner of sins and unseemly deeds, that being saved I may cry out: O compassionate Christ, glory be to Thy power.”

5. duchess01 says:

MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018
    Getting Down to the Real Nitty Gritty!

6. winky says:

Thought this was a LITTLE funny when I first saw this. But then I remembered my own experience with a burqua…..one night I was at the store. I turned at the corner of the aisle and there in front of me was someone in a burqa. I gasped because it was a scary sight not to mention that it scared the sh…. out of me because I thought someone was robbing the store or on a murder rampage. These should be banned in the US….anyone can hide underneath these things.

7. BigMamaTEA says:

Afternoon treeps.

8. RAC says:

Just came across this, pet bear, thought it was pretty remarkable.
    [video src="https://i.rmbl.ws/s8/2/2/b/e/u/2beua.caa.1.mp4" /]

9. Zippy says:

WOW!

Netanyahu Uncovers Iran’s Covert Nuclear Program (Apr 30, 2018)

10. Jim Hickey says:

There are some fans of Sec. Zinke here I believe. Never saw such a mention from previous administrations, have we?

11. Karl Kastner says:

Truth with Lies
    (Sung to the tune of the “Lyin’ Eyes” by the Eagles)

This DC spy just seem to find out early
    How corrupts can surpass the rank and file
    It’s Brennan’s plan
    His rats just have to scurry
    A crooked man who plots with crooked style

On the 7th floor, the FBI gets feels lonely
    For each agent must assess their honor’s price
    Comey thinks he’s smart but can’t see his acts are only
    Directed by the man whose face is cold as ice

Brennan tells him he must go out for the evening
    To brief the President who’s new in town
    But he knows as he is going Clapper’s leaking
    Soon the Dossier is making Fake News rounds

You can’t hide the truth with lies
    But your denials should win first prize
    I thought by now you’d realize
    There ain’t no way to hide the truth with lies

On the other side of DC Trump is waiting
    With promises to voters kept with zeal
    Comey rides high in the tower anticipating
    He feels quesy like most spineless sissies feel

He shakes hands, averts eyes; they talk together
    He whispers of salacious rumoured file
    He swears that Trump’s not under investigation
    He slinks away and leaves with guilty smile

You can’t hide the truth with lies
    But your denials should win first prize
    I thought by now you’d realize
    There ain’t now way to hide the truth with lies

Now his book tour starts, it’s gonna be a long one,
    George on ABC will get first try.
    Get it right, and tell yourself some tall ones
    He rehearses, and plans ways to deny.

He ponders as reality gets hazy.
    He thinks about the boy he was in school.
    Was he just fired or did he just get wedgied?
    Five decades gone but he remains a fool.

And my oh my, you sure can obfuscate things.
    Reliant on denia-bili-ty.
    Ain’t it funny how your big boy lies haven’t changed things?
    Your still the friendless dork you used to be.

You can’t hide the truth with lies
    But your denials should win first prize
    I thought by now you’d realize
    There ain’t no way to hide the truth with lies
    There ain’t no way to hide the truth with lies
    Comey, you can’t hide the truth with lies

12. czarowniczy says:

Watching the evening news go on about the immigrant caravan hitting the border at TJ. Lotsa blab about how they’ll die if they return to wherever, how they just want to come here and build a future, usual scripted BS.
    Not a thing said about the English-speaking immigrant talking heads dressed in neat, clean clothes, women with coiffed hair and sharp makeup. Amazing how, after schlepping across Mexican deserts alone and afraid, they can look like they just stepped out of a Sears catalog shoot.

13. Lucille says:

Shelter Dog Set To Be Euthanized Gets A Freedom Ride On His Last Day!
    Rescue Ray

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, sometimes I feel thar Lucky realizes that he went from being abandoned in a box in the middle of the road to a home with animal nuts. He has vet care, three hots, multiple cots and a dedicated playmate that’s as wild as he. He’ll drag his 80+ pounds up on the left side of my Lazy Boy, snuggle in between me and the chair’s arm, put his muzzle behind my neck and sack out.
      At some level I believe dogs have a grasp of where they were and where they are and show gratitude in their own way. Lord knows, they have us suckered.

14. Hank says:

Holy cow Lou Dobbs mention on fox business. Buy more server time Sundance!

15. bessie2003 says:

for a little light-hearted diversion:

A Bad Lip Reading – Interrogating Zuckerberg

• kenji says:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 … O. M. G. I had to STOP at halftime to catch my breath, I was laughing so hard. The writer of this is as sick and twisted (and completely) random as I am … too funny!

And yes, Zuckerstein looks positively creepy … I swear he is having medical experiments performed on his head and face. He makes Star Trek’s Data look positively human.

16. duchess01 says:

Genialne

17. BigMamaTEA says:

18. David says:

My American friends hello again and Shalom. Today, in view of the presentation that Bibi Netanyahu did I choose to say something about the Mossad (Israel’s intelligence).
    What we witnessed is a unique presentation that shows one of the greatest achievements of any intelligence agency in modern history. Just before 1967 the Mossad had a spy at the top of the Syrian Defense ministry and when the war broke out and Israel had to face enemies from three directions (3 large nations), Israel had a complete map of all the Syrian bases and their specific capacity and this war ended in 6 days with a crushed enemy. The reason why Iran maybe doesn’t have nuclear bomb yet is the Mossad too. According to a retired NSA Director nothing stopped the nuclear program like the assassinations of the Iranian scientists. The Mossad makes the enemies of Israel fear and that by itself has a significant benefit for a small country like Israel.
    So just to explain what prompted me to write this post, this time the Mossad managed to steal about a half a tone of the most confidential documents of Iran, not only copy it but physically bring it over to Israel. All their plans, activities, names, sketches, videos, pictures, strategy, etc…
    This is more than just exposing Iran, it can change the course of history and it can cause holes in Iranian documentation and preservation of knowledge. It is a BIG deal.
    Now, in my 53 years I have never met a Mossad agent, they don’t walk around and tell people they are agents or were agents. If they brag it’s a lie. Yet I do have a friend who worked for an
    ex-Mossad veteran. He was off service for a few decades and had a clearance to show some things that are not relevant anymore, like a picture of him in an enemy country with a bunch of people who are no longer alive. She told me he was a business owner and her boss and he would sit in a business meeting with a few people for some hours, he would be nice to everyone and look friendly and after the meeting he would remember almost everything that everyone said and would know who was lying and who is truthful and would know how to take it from there. A complete control of emotions and a complete duplication of what was said. Anyways, I am attaching here a few words from the current Mossad Director from when he was promoted and appointed.

• Ad rem says:

I found the hat….

19. wondering999 says:

The 9p prayer of Lil’birdee is probably in the bin… but prayers for our President, our country and our world went up all the same. Good night all

• nikkichico7 says:

auscitizenmom says:
      April 29, 2018 at 9:00 pm
      lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
      Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
      Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.