President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump host French President Macron and Mrs. Macron for an official state dinner at the White House.   The arrival will be livestreamed.

UPDATE: Video Added

Pictures below

Sorry…. had to sneak in a picture of our favorite Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross.

WH Livestream Link (pending) – Alternate Livestream Link (active)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, FLOTUS, France, media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

656 Responses to The Arrival of President Macron and Mrs. Macron To State Dinner – 7:00pm Livestream

1. missilemom says:

Brigette Macron’s dress will be perfect with State Dinner settings and decor. Melania gave her a heads up. Thoughtful

2. Michelle says:

Does Melania have her own personal fan blower or does she just always get lucky with the wind blowing her hair so perfectly?!

• covfefe999 says:

Hahah!

• farmhand1927 says:

I think angels follow Mrs. Trump and gently blow her hair just in the right amounts at the right times .

Have said it here before, will keep saying it: This President and First Lady are the best we will ever see in our lifetimes, whether we are 1 year old or 100 years old. We are blessed, America. Let’s not squander this epic, historical opportunity.

• doit4atlas says:

I agree with you 100% They are THE BEST people we have ever seen in the White House in our lifetimes…by far.

• Bendix says:

Think of all the Americans who only knew Clinton/Bush, so they voted for change, and got – OBAMA.
          They did not know any better.
          Come to think of it, if they hadn’t voted OBAMA, they would have gotten Clinton/Bush by proxy.

• rvsueandcrew says:

Mrs. Trump is kissed by warm breezes sent from above.

Okay, that was a bit over the top.

• Rynn69 says:

Melania most likely does not use awful hair spray…

• MAJA says:

Everyday is such a blessing with our powerful lion PDJT and his beautiful amazing FLOTUS!! I truly can’t express how thankful, grateful, humbled by this man and wife who made an agreement with the Deplorables to win our country back on every single front, at a great cost to themselves, their family, and friends. True Patriots.

I read on one of the threads that Trump Inc is not doing as well as it was pre election, so my new plan is to start buying from Trump businesses whenever possible. It’s one thing I can easily do and I hope if more Deplorables do the same, we can create the NRA effect for Trump Inc (generic for any/all Trump businesses.)

3. Michelle says:

Melania really looks like a “Lady Melania” tonight.

• OK, I’ll say it.

Melania is a goddess.

• formerdem says:

she looks like a woman who loves her husband and is GOING TO give him a smashing success. ab so lutely determined to do that for him.

• Sylvia Avery says:

See, to me they look like they love each other very much. All this garbage that the hateful spew in the media and on Twitter about her being a prisoner, held hostage, she secretly hates him, blah blah blah. What a load of twaddle. You can tell they care very much for each other if you watch their facial expressions and body language.

• Deb says:

Yes, it’s obvious to anyone who has been married for a long period in a loving relationship that they deeply love and respect each other, and they both care for the other person’s well being. They are both tough as nails, Melanie has a soft exterior and is very kind and gracious, but is also very protective. All of this is evident if you observe them without the lense of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• steph_gray says:

The whole world is brighter without that dark TDS lens. The sunshine sparkles and the breezes are sweeter.

All my moonbat friends have a streak of dark sad hopeless hatred they carry around with them. Me, it’s just the cold anger, which doesn’t depress – it invigorates.

• MAJA says:

Good description. I think they hate PDJT more than they love our country. They were banking on the change 0bama promised.

• Phil says:

Sounds like a Golda Meir quote (paraphrased). “We will have peace when they love their children more than they hate us.”

• jeff montanye says:

will take any opportunity to speak to the preferred endgame for israel/palestine.

trump, who has added the one state solution to policies acceptable to the u.s., against the wishes of the palestinian (and likud) leadership (but perhaps not younger palestinians and enlightened israelis), has recognized jerusalem as the capital of israel (nearly all symbolic) and may be trying to give israel legal sovereignty to the west bank, as much as the u.s. can so do, seems to be working toward a situation where the actual true conquest of palestine by israel is recognized (it has happened; israel is not ceding further territory, it is annexing it) and the “only democracy in the mideast” is then held to such by having to make the palestinians voting israeli citizens after those “at war” with israel cede it sovereignty in all of palestine. such a “one state solution” is far safer, far easier to negotiate and implement, far cheaper and far, far more likely to work toward a peaceful reconciliation of the two populations than any two state solution that will breed more oppression and war.

the problem of palestine must be changed from an argument about nation states to an argument about civil rights within a nation state. one country in palestine, israel, with about equal populations of jews and muslims trying to get the votes of the other, is better for the palestinians, for the israelis and, goodness knows, for the poor rest of the world victimized for decades by this endless, spreading bloodletting.

• Ackman420 says:

Bitter, Trump hating liberals can ruin just about any social interaction. So petty, so tortured.

• Oldschool says:

Agree sylvia. There is a palpable intimacy between them.

• 17CatsInTN says:

I vividly remember at one of the rallies early on in this process, they were behind the scenes and she was rubbing his back and saying something to him. In that moment I knew they truly loved each other. She was so tender to him and he gave her a quick kiss before going out. It was only a few seconds, but there was deep bond between them you could not miss. Unless you were blind with hatred.

• jeff montanye says:

or fear. fear works too. many in the deep state may be afraid where these doj ig and huber investigations will end. many know they are guilty of mass murder and the highest of treason, particularly after the fact. james comey was deputy attorney general when mueller managed to find mohamed atta’s passport at the wtc.

this is not their first rodeo.

• Covfefe-USA says:

Yes, indeed!!

• They are all just JEALOUS.

• farmhand1927 says:

They adore each other.

• Miss America says:

Love your comment, Sylvia. I am so upset by all the hate directed towards Melania.

• Bendix says:

She’s not the greatest actress the world has ever known. That’s real.

4. jonathan deller says:

Anyone seen Henry Kissinger’s dinner photo?

5. Obs says:

The US needs a permanent Royal family, we seem to thrive on this stuff.

6. Papoose says:

She , Melania as well as Ivana are PROOF that President Trump is not against immigration. As is his own Mother. His children…. Our Nation is a Melting Pot, not a spittoon, doormat.

Hail To The Chief. MAGA. Thanks be to God.

7. ann hendrickson says:

Sundance, 💜 for including Secretary Ross; his cheerful smile expresses exactly how I have felt since he agreed to serve. 🌅🙋🌸

8. mormoninsider says:

I was perusing various news sites to see their coverage of the state dinner. ABC and NBC..none so far. CNN actually had this very nice article about the first lady this week and pictures from the dinner. https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/politics/melania-trump-white-house/index.html

• Michelle says:

Interesting. I didn’t know Melania made all the plans and choices herself and didn’t use an event coordinator, although it doesn’t surprise me and I figured she pretty much chose everything.

9. covfefe999 says:

Wow, Wilbur Ross has a hot babe on his arm! Is that his wife? Great bunch of people there tonight. I hope Kellyanne Conway was invited, and my crush, Stephen Miller. 🙂

10. Ehlert says:

No AG Sessions at the party? No invite or just too damn too busy at the office?

11. fleporeblog says:

So proud of our President and FLOTUS! Just absolutely amazing. I hope that President Macron and his wife realize how special the two of them are to our President and our FLOTUS. They were the first to have a State Dinner in their honor. I actually do believe they realize the magnitude of it.

I said last night that I never could have predicted that our President and President Macron were going to hit it off so well. I really feel that our President sees himself as a mentor to Macron. I see Macron looking up to our President as somewhat of a father figure. I laugh 🤭 so much every time Marcron plants 2 kisses on our President’s cheeks. I have first cousins in France 🇫🇷 and if I am not mistaken, they usually do 4 kisses on the cheek. The Italians do 2 kisses. Maybe our Lion 🦁 told Marcron that 4 would be to many 😉!

Theresa May and Merkel must be so envious of the fact that Macron got the first State Dinner. Merkel is coming to the White House on Friday. Maybe our President will offer her some leftovers.

12. Sloth1963 says:

I really dislike Melania’s dress. That said, makes no difference, she’s stunning. President Trump is nearly as lucky as I am 😸

• MfM says:

She’s stunning and the suit with hat earlier in the day was fantastic. Almost everything she wears I like. It surprised me I didn’t like this one.

I thought the upper 4/5 ths were fine. What I didn’t like was the see through bottom, it looked like an afterthought. I also thought the detailing that looked like patch pockets was odd.. but not glaringly.

• Sloth1963 says:

You pretty much mirror my thoughts. Not an epic fail. Just a near miss. But who am I to criticize? I’m working in my pajamas and sneakers 😊

• jello333 says:

Oh well, since everyone else is giving their opinion, I suppose I won’t be attacked too much if I jump in too. I also think the bottom of the dress, the see-through part, is a little weird. If they were gonna include that part, I think it would have looked better if it wasn’t straight. A little like this (only longer, and different color, of course):

I iz Fashionista!!

• MfM says:

I like to verbalize why I don’t like something she wears. There haven’t been many. I think the dress would have been better with the same fabric to the floor.

It was the same with Ivanka’s dress last night, something was a little off about it. I think it was the high neck with ruffles was just too much on top of the tiered skirt.

• Bendix says:

I think as a former model, Melania likes to feel a bit avant garde in her choices.
            I’m also musing that perhaps by being just a tad shy of absolute perfection, she is being considerate of the other women she is sharing the limelight with.

13. Concerned Virginian says:

And if i recall correctly, our FLOTUS is fluent in French. Another avenue that she can use for her brand of diplomacy.
    It also seems to me that Mme. Macron has grown into her job as First Lady of France. She seems a little more confident.
    And I just love it that our FLOTUS always has the highest heels on. The shoes she wore today had heels that looked sky-high and FLOTUS had no problem at all with them.

• Covfefe-USA says:

It always amazes me she can walk in them! She never looks concerned she’ll turn an ankle or trip. A real pro. Did any of you notice that her heels this morning were red/white/blue? The soles were red leather; the heels white. Her attention to detail is just incredible.

• Covfefe- every time I see our beautiful First Lady, I think of all those moronic, spiteful, mental midget designers who refused to “dress” Melania, that is, who didn’t want her wearing their clothes. Can you imagine how stupid they must feel now?? What an honor it must be for all the designers whose close she chooses to wear, not to mention the enormous clout that it gives them to have someone of such grace, beauty and authority wearing them.

14. Dora says:

Stephen Miller is there!

15. J Gottfred says:

“D**n, this could have been me! Why did I marry such a loser!”.
    –Bill Clinton.

• annieoakley says:

It takes a loser to put up with a vicious, mean, lying loser.

• trump2016ourlastchance says:

The clintoons are a match made in h3ll.

• jello333 says:

Bill actually had lots of talent at one time, IMO. But little by little, he gave in to the Dark Side. I think he had the potential to be a decent president had he not done that. A weird analogy, but kinda like Barry Bonds. Could have easily been a HOFer using nothing more than his natural ability. But that wasn’t good enough for him… he had to be “the best” no matter how he got there. And the rest is history…

16. tuskyou says:

Macron talking for a looong time…….

17. sobriquet4u says:

Melania’s gown reminds me of the The Seven Sisters of the Pleiades Star Cluster… who must be weeping right now. They have been outshone by her beauty in that sparkly gown.

18. Pam says:

19. missilemom says:

Sundance thank you so much for this fun post. You have made my day.

20. wheatietoo says:

Video of inside the room at the State Dinner.

21. When you wish upon a star☄, makes no difference who you are🌠, when you wish upon a star☄ our dreams come true 🌟🌠☄MAGA POTUS & FLOTUS GOD BLESS you and thank you💖💖💖☄☄☄💖💖💖

22. noswamp says:

I understand why Tim Cook is there. He is investing billions back in the USA. Trump appreciates that.

23. wheatietoo says:

The only Democrat who was invited:

• missilemom says:

I think his table may have been in the back. As a Louisiana native, hoping he is one term.
      When he crows about his invite, which he will, it should be interesting.

• Rynn69 says:

How could ANY State vote for ANY Democrat? They are absolutely insane with greed, power, and a thirst to destroy the United States of America. Anyone, anyone who votes for a Democrat is a total moron. Sorry. It is a fact. There are no more centrist Democrats, moderates, or Blue Dogs. They are all voting and speaking lock step with the far left fringe.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Good for him…She seems to know how to dress for the occasion…

• SouthernTrumpette says:

I have to put in a good word for my governor, John Bel Edwards. Despite being a Democrat, he is a good and Godly man. He is comes from a family of sheriffs, served in the military, is against abortion and supports the second amendment. from Wiki:

“In 1988, Edwards received a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the United States Military Academy, where he was on the Dean’s List and served as vice chairman of the panel that enforced the West Point honor code.

Edwards completed Airborne School in 1986, while he was a student at West Point. After receiving his commission, he completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course at Fort Benning (1988), Ranger School (1989), and the Infantry Officer Advanced Course (1992). Edwards served in the Army for eight years, mostly in the 25th Infantry Division and 82nd Airborne Division, including commanding a company in the 82nd’s 3rd Battalion, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment. He ended his military career to return to Louisiana because of family considerations. Edwards earned a law degree from the Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 1999, and he was a practicing attorney with the Edwards & Associates Law Firm in Amite. As an attorney, Edwards handled a variety of cases, though he did not practice criminal law because of his brother’s status as the local sheriff.
      Edwards is a conservative Democrat who is pro-life and pro-gun rights.”

• Hoosier says:

He is a rat. No more to say. He needs to go. The idiot quotient on him is high. Take a look at a bell curve. Where was this man? Think a bit about it. I really don’t want 4 sigmas to the left ruling us. Do you?

24. wheatietoo says:

25. Curry Worsham says:

26. Texian says:

The color guard was outstanding.. the best part.. great job

27. Pam says:

28. Did anyone notice that VP is in the background here! Not even standing with the President in any of the photos. He is also sitting at another table for dinner.

29. Chuck says:

Well this has been one of the most entertaining threads in a while. The fashion critiques are awesome to read.

30. Rynn69 says:

The American people are extremely lucky this hero of a man named Donald J. Trump sacrificed so much for our country by stepping up as President to save it from globalist scum. The way he has been treated by the establishment Uniparty, media, celebrities…you name it…will never, ever be forgotten. It is disgusting, shameful, despicable, and reprehensible. They have been the antithesis of what it means to be an American and I am ashamed. On a lighter note, I pray God continues to bless our beloved President and all those patriots who are helping him MAGA.

31. L. Gee says:

I find it interesting–and telling–that this is the first state dinner President Trump has given. Think of all the dignataries who have visited him, and yet, Macaroni is the first one to get a state dinner. To me, it says something about their relationship–good, but formal, as well as something about the French penchant for pomp and circumstance; whereas, Netanyahu didn’t get a state dinner because he and Trump don’t have such a formal relationship. Instead, they are more like family to each other. This kind of formality with Bibi would be appreciated but highly unnecessary. Of course, Trump is also strategic in all that he does, so there’s that, too!

Or maybe I just think too much!

32. Gospace says:

Melania seems to be the only one of the 4 who genuinely smiles. And a beautiful and friendly smile it is.

33. Pam says:

34. jello333 says:

I’ve never known Sundance to post so many fake pictures before. All those showing Melania and Don holding hands!… GOTS to be fake!!

35. Beverly says:

So nice of Monsieur Macron to bring his mom to the dinner!

• Malone Hardcastle says:

Huh?

• Beverly, I sympathize. I too know the rather sordid story of the beginning of these two, but because they have opted to lose the initial contempt Macron showed for Trump I am opting to give them a second chance and I think that with their more open minds both of them are making a good second impression on me. 🙂

• Bendix says:

They married in 2007, after she was divorced, and he was 29. The MSM made it seem as if they were a couple much sooner than that, somehow.
        At any rate, it’s France, and this is what is normal for them.

36. Countrywatch says:

It seems as though President Trump did not budge on Iran, despite all the bonhomie:
    “Macron’s embarrassment: Trump plays French President who fails to secure ANY concessions

DONALD Trump and Emmanuel Macron put on a very cosy show of affection in Washington this week – hand-holding, embracing and even kissing – but the French leader embarrassingly failed to secure any concessions from the US President…..”

37. we300 says:

I’m a shallow person, which means I care A LOT about appearance. So, I’m grateful that Mrs. Macron has clearly received styling advice. But she seems so awkward, it’s difficult to watch her. Makes me wonder if there are etiquette lessons available to her.

However, I think Wilburine is THE cutest damn guy I have ever seen and I just couldn’t ❤️ him more. OMG. We are so lucky. And blessed to have these classy & good people represent us to the world.

38. I didn’t see this linked (apologies if it was). A floral and arrangement expert wrote this wonderful article praising Melania’s personal choices and hands on approach for big events. It exposes her confidence, her thoughtfulness and her innate understanding of what is due her role as a symbol of our nation.

I think you’ll enjoy it.

• MfM says:

I found this part interesting: “Moreover, the fact that the first lady eschewed hiring an outside event planner for the occasion not only signifies personal confidence in her ability to coordinate style and décor, but supports administration policies of reducing the burden of official entertaining on American taxpayers. An in-house event, executed by her small East Wing staff, will substantially reduce the costs of the dinner, making a powerful point.”

Many of Obama’s State Dinners were so big they had to be held outside in a tent. By going with a number that could be handled inside costs aren’t sky high. I’m sure it also was a lot easier for the Staff to handle with set up and cooking. Not as many outside people brought in, which also could be a security nightmare.

Invites to State Dinners will become very prized after this one! They will also be hard to get if they continue with doing them in a room that only holds 130-150.