Despite multiple court maneuvers by officials within Broward County Florida, details of the severity of Broward County Sheriff’s Office cowardice are beginning to surface. There were ‘several’ Broward County sheriff officers immediately on the scene during the Parkland school shooting, and none of them attempted to enter the school and engage the shooter.

Reports written by responding Coral Springs police officers (full pdf below) highlight how Broward sheriff officers were cowering behind trees and vehicles and telling the arriving CSPD units where the shooter was located.

“Although the BSO deputies arrived before Coral Springs police, they didn’t immediately attempt to track down shooter Nikolas Cruz or aid the wounded, according to the reports.” ~ Miami Herald

The Broward deputies were the first to arrive on scene at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. According to the reports, when Coral Springs police arrived to assist they found the deputies cowering behind their cars and a nearby tree. A report from Coral Springs Officer Bryan Wilkins details how he arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School within minutes of the active shooter alert — only to find Broward County Sheriff’s Officers hadn’t entered the school, but were instead taking cover.

“I saw approximately four Broward County Sheriff’s Office vehicles parked in the west bound lane with their personnel taking up exterior positions behind their vehicles,” Wilkins wrote. “I drove up just west of the campus building 1200, exited my vehicle, grabbed my AR-15 rifle and donned on my tactical/medical gear. As I was advancing on foot through the chain-link fence, I was advised by an unknown BSO Deputy taking cover behind a tree, ‘he is on the third floor.'”

Here’s some of the reports:

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Abusive Cops, Big Stupid Government, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

249 Responses to Departmental Cowardice – Stunning Police Reports Highlight Broward County Sheriff Officers Hiding Behind Cars, Trees During Parkland School Shooting…

1. USA First! says:

Fire every one of them, including leadership.

• auscitizenmom says:

Especially the leadership!

• Gil says:

Union….have to go through the process acvording to contract. And if Scott Isreal is still there it wont fix the problem.

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Members of the Broward Sheriff’s Office rank-and-file have until Thursday to let their voices be heard in a no-confidence vote for Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

Today, in person voting begins at the union office in Plantation.

Deputies can check one of two boxes.  “They’ll come in, they’ll be given a ballot,” union president Jeff Bell explained, “A simple ballot right here, it’s a very simple question.  I have confidence in Sheriff Israel or I do not  have confidence in Sheriff Israel.

• kenji says:

Yet … a prolific poster here in the treehouse … demands that overtime checks be disbursed to these officers … on YOUR Federal $ dime

• Funny you should say that ….

“The Justice Department has awarded a $1 million grant to Florida state and local law enforcement to cover expenses related to the Parkland high school shooting earlier this year.

The grant is intended to pay salary and overtime expenses for the first responders who arrived at the scene, according to a Justice Department release shared by ABC News.”

• kenji says:

Yes .. I was referring to THAT. I wonder how $$$ these cowards are receiving for “overtime” and “hazard/stress” pay?

• Brian L says:

You realize there were more than just these deputies, that hadn’t had a live shooter drill or training session in ten years, I might add. There were paramedic teams etc. As well.

They should have done more than hide, I won’t argue with that, but some of them might have never had a live shooter training session.

• noman_Arizona says:

Let me see now.
                Can it be said that normal Women or even Children that have had to turn to the gun.
                No only to save themselves or others ever had a live shooter training session.
                I’d say that most people that learn to use a gun can quickly figure how to
                stop a live action shooter situation

• I understand your point Brian, but James Shaw, Jr never had any training at all. Yet he stepped up and disarmed the waffle house shooter. So there is NO excuse for any deputy to hide instead of doing his job.

• jbrickley says:

It is sad but most local police have never even had to draw their firearm in the line of duty and retired after many years of service. They qualify once a year with a basic evaluation of firearm capability. Most don’t got to the range except to practice before the evaluation. Many lack training in such things as an active shooter, terror, bio-hazard such as a chemical spill, or riot.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Not to denigrate any LEO, cuz I love them, but I was in the local gun range at recertification time, one day, as PC Magoo was recertifying. I felt pretty safe in my lane behind the cinderblock wall, so I was able to find a little humor in it all.

• Southern Son says:

Meh.
                They watch COPS on endless loop.
                I watch it too.
                I want to believe, that hearing Screams and gunshots, would require Anyone with an AR to Try to eliminate, or at least Distract the
                Shooter.
                Time=Lives.
                I can’t Imagine living with myself, if I didn’t Try.
                I bet BCSO officers are good at shooting selfies though.

• CA M says:

Gee. Who could of seen that coming?! {sarc}
            Many of this see this event as a false flag in order to subvert the 2nd amendment. The last school shooting was “rewarded” with lots of money from various sources. Furthermore, the rapid response by the radicals was just a little too slick. It takes a lot of planning to pull off town halls, marches on D.C. and well spoken “students” who happen to live nearby or go to that school (depending on which news source you watch) who are willing to talk up anti-gun and anti-NRA (who had nothing to do with it…), on such short notice. And the fact that this high school was so close to DWS’s house… well–excuse me, but we were not born yesterday! I don’t believe in coincidences.

• CaptainNonno says:

So it’s going to CSPD right?

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Sessions just approved millions to be provided to them.
          A poster on the Presidential thread has a link.

will research link

• Sandra-VA says:

It is for ALL the responders and the aftermath.

• Tom F says:

And, some posters are just prolific shit stirrers.

• jeans2nd says:

This monetary disbursement is a federal law, awarded to and adminstered by the State of Florida.
          It is up to the State of Florida to punish Broward County, and reward Coral Springs et al.
          Contact the State of Florida, let your opinions be known.

The Edward Memorial Justice Assistance Grants Program is codified in 34 USC Subtitle I, CHAPTER 101, SUBCHAPTER V, Part A: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title34/subtitle1/chapter101/subchapter5/partA&edition=prelim

“…awarded a $1 million grant to
          —>>>the Florida Department of Law Enforcement… which administers the Edward Memorial Justice Assistance Grants Program for the state”

• Alonzo says:

I do not know of a single collective bargaining agreement that doesn’t allow for termination due to gross misconduct, on the first offence. I believe the misconduct is a gross as it can possibly get. Israel needs to go and his homies need to go with him. They are losers pinned to badges, and they allowed too many children to get killed due to their misconduct. The Union would have a difficult time trying to save their jobs. It would not be favorable to the Union to do so.

• sat0422 says:

Better yet, hang ’em high.

• They need to throw a proverbial grenade in the Broward County Sheriff’s Office and start over. While at it, add the DOJ, FBI, EPA, State and all other government orgs that the liberals have infiltrated.

One the liberals have gotten a toe hold in an org like these, that org is FUBAR and can never be brought to a satisfactory level of operation again without a purge of the incompetents.

• Mark L. says:

With issue in Connecticut, a perimeter was set up some distance away. Is this a training issue? The events only last a few minutes.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Interesting. I agree – it may be TRAINING – but at least in Parkland, I am certain it is NOT an accident.

Sub-standard methods, out-of-date protocols, and “Gorelick-style mea culpas” are high-cover, low-risk strategies in conspiracy theory. This means that such methods strongly affect outcome with almost zero risk to those desiring the outcome. Incompetence is always the nearby life-ring – easy to grab. By training people to behave in a certain way, and observing that they do, the outcome is assured without any need for conscious buy-in by lower-level participants. Lower-level participants are automatically excused by lack of plot knowledge and predictable lower-level cover-up behaviors. Higher-level participants are excused by blame-casting to the lower-level participants. People will assume their excuse roles in a predictable way.

Right now, I need only three people conscious of the plot in Parkland, other than Obama and Jarrett. That would be Eric Holder, Robert Runcie, and Scott Israel. Everybody else simply performs as TRAINED, even if training is at odds with WRITTEN POLICY.

Holder we know from the creation of the PROMISE programs, and his central role of all Obama scandals. Scott Israel simply has so much pointing at him, nothing makes sense without him. There must be a third party on location who coordinates with deep state, and Red Runcie – so out of view by the media except when he wants it – so protected by cards – so “Harvard” – is my bet. Those three people are all that is needed to make it happen.

• To what purpose though? Damage Trump? It must be infuriating for them that he just keeps on getting up in the morning and going to work in the Oval Office despite whatever horrors they present him.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

This is all WAY bigger, IMO, than just Trump. I think damaging Trump is now PART of what they are doing, but I think this stuff would be “going off” under Hillary otherwise – that it was PREPARED for Hillary.

They didn’t do all that Parkland Promise Program prep over YEARS without an endgame that had little if ANYTHING to do with Trump. This was designed to go off under either Hillary or JEB. In JEB’S old Florida, if he was in the White House.

They are after bigger fish than Trump. They are LITERALLY gunning for the Constitution, and want to install a ONE-PARTY STATE.

And yes – it must be infuriating for them that Trump doesn’t budge when they do this stuff. Or rather, he comes back with responses that undo their hard-won hacks of the system. It’s WONDERFUL! 😀

• ablefox says:

This is a requirement of their Florida Blue Obamacare Policy.

• Kate says:

USA First, what leadership, there was none that I could see, and I think we can thank Obama policies for this huge failure.

• USA First, to fire them is not near enough. They should all be charged with refusing to do the duty that they pledged and oath to and also as accessory to murder and neglecting to render aid. I have the highest respect for LEOs, my daughter is HPD officer, my father-in-law retired sheriff deputy, my dad a captain’s mast judge and a boy I helped raise was a FBI agent for 5 years. But there is something so rotten in Broward County Sheriff’s Dept that it needs to be completely dissolved, actually I can’t think of a worthy enough punishment.

• Rebcalntx says:

USA first, fire & more than that. Nothing I repeat nothing has made me as mad & upset as this article. How grown men & I use that term very lightly can stand & hide while young school age teens are being murdered & not assist in any way to stop or render aide is unconscionable!!!!

2. FL_GUY says:

The big question: were they following stand-down orders so the mass murder could take place?

• CaptMorgan says:

Yes, a Sgt gave them a stand down order.

• snarkybeach says:

it was a female Captain (friend of the Chief)

• mikey says:

What I read was “Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.” who gave the stand down orders.

Probably came straight from Obama’s bunker complex.

• kenji says:

Some people are “called” into police work out of compassion for their fellow man …

others … are “called” for a check, generous benefits, pension and job security … esp. LGBTQewwww job security

• mikey says:

Being a cop is a thankless job and depending on where you work at it could pay poorly or be a bonanza if you make it the 20 years to retirement. We have “firefighters” retiring on $200k + for working a few days a week. Work is a relative term.

• Excuse me, but my husband has been a firefighter for 32 years! He does not work JUST a few days a week – he works a 48-hour straight shift, in which he often gets less than four hours of total sleep and then he has four days off, at least one, if not two, of which are spent recovering from his time at work!

He will not retire with anywhere close to 200K – probably about 1/2 of that, actually! And the average life expectancy of a firefighter after retirement is less than 15 years – thanks to all the chemical exposure many of them develop presumptive cancers, and many of them have so stressed their adrenal systems with their schedules that their bodies just shut down.

Just curious what you do for “work” Mikey, since you seem to be so woefully misinformed about other peoples’ jobs?

• trialbytruth says:

I know many Fire Fighters thank him for his service. There is a current effort to degrade the quality of conversation here so that our detractors can point fingers at us as fringe players.

The money that was awarded as i understand it would be for all the departments that had to respond. Major events like this sap local taxpayer resources which is why this fund was set up.

I am begining to wonder if the sheriffs deputies had any body armor. Could the stand down have been SOP to allow Swat to arrive? I am not saying its good policy I am just wondering. I know that the airport response that was previous to this was criticized for not being organized with people stepping on each other. One has to wonder if that was a response issue or a turf issue.

• Thank you!

And I mistyped regarding my husband’s retirement. His salary after 32 years is barely 1/2 of Mikey’s estimate and his pension will be 1/2 of that!

• trialbytruth says:

I know only an East or West coastal city firefighter command would make that kinda of money. I pray God keeps him safe.

Most people don’t realize his job is riskier then an average police officer. Neither Job is easy. In my career I worked with both
                  I prefered the company of firefighters. They generally seemed more family oriented and more stable.

• Well – I am the wife of a firefighter AND the mother of a police officer so I get to worry all the time for different reasons! (And now my baby wants to follow Dad into the fire service!) Keeps me on my knees but I couldn’t be prouder of all of them!

• trialbytruth says:

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I was recently at the funeral of a firefighter.

Many of his exploits were known and recognized in various ways. Many were only known to coworkers or the others at the scene. For those of us in the know, many of us were surprised he made it to retirement, and to a ripe old age. This guy cheated death, and went beyond the call of duty, plenty of times.

There really is no pay grade to entice and reward this kind of legacy. While the funeral was nice, there were aspects to it that, likewise, cannot have a price tag applied. Nuf Said.

• Bigg Ale says:

Very insulting to Firefighters. I am one. Have you ever been in a house fire? Have you ever seen the absolute destruction that fire does? To property and flesh? Are you man enough to pick up a burned body to place into a body bag as the cooked flesh sloughs off in your hands? Can you ever unsee that? Ever see the look of gratefulness and relief on the face of an old lady as you hand her dog that was hiding in a box spring of her bed as the room burned? Ever go to a Firefighters funeral who died two years after he retired from cancers he contracted while breathing that smoke? Shall I go on? Sadly uniformed buffoons such as you Mikey will never know what Firefighters do when the call comes in. You’re not worthy enough to even wash the Truck.

• mikey says:

Too all the butthurt folks above regarding my comment on firefighters…..they earn Zero here as it is voluntary and no retirement. Cry me a river.

• Buckeye Heathen says:

You couldn’t pay me enough money to run into a burning building. Respect to those who do.

• Jedi9 says:

Can we just raid Obozo’s bunker and arrest him and the commie Jarrett? Seems to me the way to meaningful and efficient execution to change is to go after the source and neuter it directly! Soros, Jarrett, Obozo sent to solitary and bam watch the resistance dry up like a wet salamander on hot asphalt! In no time at all would the corrective actions take effect! Why these traitors continue to operate unabated is probably the most confounding issue to our current day discourse that impedes the change we so desperately advocate for!

• Remington..... says:

Jedi….sure would cut down the size of the ring. I’m afraid it’s going to take something like that to get back on even keel. Sick of the kabuki dance.

• CA M says:

Or from DWS, who lives nearby.

• MIKE says:

I say “yes” too.

• Bob says:

The other big issue is…..how many more of the county communist enclaves are there is America. They have to be weeded out fast.
      We know the muslims are infesting the country…but the communist are much more astute in the covet actions we have see through out the Obama administration and even before.

• Every major metropolitan area is pretty much infested with fake liberal fascists at this point. They are just nanny state morons that have been taught to hate everything that isn’t “them”, while being taught to hate themselves as well. Naturally, these urban jungles are also infested with rap “star” wannabe dindonuffins too. They know exactly how to abuse the nanny state and have plenty of time to donuffin as well. Constant failure.

I have no idea how it will get better as you can’t fix stupid- legally, even though self defense is common sense… reducing huge government to its Constitutional status, ending the generational “free ride” and having schools instead of indoctrination centers does come to mind though.

• Mark L. says:

I left NYC in 83. Rudy did an incredible of turning around a huge megalopolis. After many years, when I would return on work, it was incredible. It can be done!

• noman_Arizona says:

Once the U.N. is dismantled you might have a better chance.
        Thats the biggest commie conclave.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

End student loan program as we know it.

Almost anyone can borrow money to wander through campus for years, and after a while asking what degree they are closest to, so they can graduate after six years of brain washing.

By the thousands, directionless young adults are handed tens of thousands and allowed to go pick some indulgent classes, while under the facade of vocational prep, or under the facade of prep for a life of scholarship.

Like a contestant at the end of the old Wheel of Fortune, the students have their “money,” but they only have it to spend on the “studio filled with glamorous merchandise.”

To attract the money, schools have filled the course schedule with all kinds of classes. Since Marxists have been, traditionally, over-educated intellectual elites, they all believe that getting a college education in Marxism is very desirable. And, it gives them a job.

So, with all of that money chasing education, the marxists get their jobs providing the classes, and so the universities can provide classes, and attract the students.

This has happened in recent decades. So, parents have graduated, and send their kids there, directionless, for Marxists to fill their heads with SJW.

And, we all now know, these degrees are worthless. So, we turn them into pissed-off voters clamoring to have their debt paid off.

Instead, we could just loan money for realistic endeavors, such as an engineering degree. No more loans of $100,000 for a degree in Elizabethan Literature, or SJW – there is no prospect of getting a job to pay loan off for those degrees. So, don;t do it.

Problem solved in one generation.

• annieoakley says:

Commies are muzz are the same.

• MAJA says:

PDJT initiated a crack down on able bodied people recieving welfare, food stamps and other welfare services. Almost half the states are implementing stricter rules (or voiding the loopholes they are using). I have a feeling many sjw’ s will finally be growing up once they have to fend for themselves.

• Sunshine says:

Yes. No other option is possible.

• Mark L. says:

Sad, the results satisfy the narrative.

3. Mark says:

Shhhhhhhhhh….
    Hear that? That’s a bell I hear tolling

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Shhhhh….they’re here…bless their hearts…..shhhh

• flepore says:

Governor Rick Scott has a golden opportunity in this situation! As you know, he is running against the Incumbent Democrat, Bill Nelson, for the Senate seat come November 2018. Governor Scott has done a lot for the state of Florida. Especially with his response last year to Hurricane Irma. Our President was encouraging him to run for Senate for over 6 months prior to him announcing he will.

Firing this POS Sheriff may upset some of the Liberals in Broward County put it will be reasons for celebration everywhere else in the State of Florida. I have been on record saying that Governor Scott will win come November. The margin maybe by a point or two. However, if he were to take a bold stand on this Sheriff, I could easily see the margin being 5 points or higher.

4. lav48erne says:

Where is Pam Bondi the attorney general? These sheriff’s should be charged with some kind of felony.

5. spren says:

No wonder that Cruz was able to avoid capture or worse at the scene and was able to escape and go enjoy food from McDonalds. There’s still many incongruent “facts” about this mass shooting and the one in Vegas. Were these sheriff department officers directed to stand down and let the massacre continue? I don’t know, but as I said there are many more unanswered questions than answers.

• They were ordered to stand down and let the active shooter drill proceed , None of the deceased are showing in public records for birth certificates and none are showing deceased in data collection records companies like , Lexis Nexus Legacy .AIS ect
      Of course none of the 58 from Las Vegas are either . Usual time frame to enter data 6 weeks. Not all are present in systems as there are gaps , but 6 months and 58 not in them , not normal .
      After Charlottesville I no longer trust .

• rf121 says:

Idiot.

• Normally Quiet Observer says:

ATthispointwhatdifferencedoesitmake … I am making the assumption (I know it’s a ‘bad thing’ assuming) that you have done the searches on at least two national and/or area search services before making your comment. That being said, I used to have (and use) access to many of these services for research (I no longer pay their fees – no need) … so these facts REALLY bother me! A few people missing? Sure, I’ll buy that, as people compile them, and people DO make mistakes, but ALL of them from both events assembled and collated a continent apart? The simple odds of that happening for two similar events are completely outrageous, and “off-the-hook”, as my grandchildren would say! Hmmmm …

I am VERY curious what the Regional FBI Crime Data Sheets for those areas will show, when published – I forget the exact name of the reports (old age setting in I guess) but they show all of the crimes ‘by classification’ in each geo-political area of the country for the reporting year. Similar to the report that WAS published showing “ZERO homicides” recorded in Newtown, Connecticut in the report that covered the dates of the Sandy Hook ‘shooting’. These regional reports are then compiled for the National Totals.

Please, if you have full access, keep watching these services, see if it changes, and how it might change! Then let us all know!

PS: I have not trusted our government in telling the whole truth for a VERY long time; mainly because of what I personally KNEW was happening in certain un-named places in the world during the mid to late – 1960’s, and SAW what was being “released and reported” to the general public. BIG differences to say the least! As President Reagan once said, “Trust but verify”!

• Lucille says:

Atthispoint, that is absolutely absurd!

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Hey, Wolfmoon, you out there?

Does this fit in with the events theory you’ve discussed?

6. The Devilbat says:

Maybe they were instructed NOT to go in.

7. lastinillinois says:

Tree huggers.

Literally.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Thin Blue Spine

• kenji says:

👏👏👏👏

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Kinda like one of those fake Biker Clubs….Act all bad ass until real bikers show up then cry like girls.

“Hey, look at me. I’ve got a gun.” “Never used it, or shot it, it’s scary…but hey, I gotta gun”

Let’s get down to it. They let children die. The Sheriff’s Dept and the County should be fried and sued out of existence.

If I where the relatives of the Hero teacher, who was killed trying to save kids,
          I’d have me a whole bunch of lawyers….Take em for all the got.

8. MIKE says:

Fire weasel-eyed politi-troll Snott Isreal and Hire a real man- namely our hero who interrupted his breakfast to chase a rifle wielding naked psycho out after wrestling said rifle from him!
    Sorry I had to vent

9. vexedmi says:

But the Broward Cowards were able to intimidate a student while in school, whose father took him to a shooting range to teach him how to shot. Questioned the student with one in front, one in back, and one who ventured in. The student’s parents were not in sight and should have been present.

10. 335blues says:

Disgusting.
    The BSO deputies are not fit to wear the uniform.
    These people are a black mark on Broward Sheriff’s Office, and Broward County.
    The citizens should demand they be fired for dereliction of duty and cowardice.

11. bessie2003 says:

Eternal shame on those officers of the Broward County police department.

Thank goodness the Coral Springs police department was nearby. Too bad that school wasn’t in their district.

Hope that Promise Program gets fully deactivated.

12. Kerry Gimbel says:

This is what progressivism looks like. And it is ugly

13. Perot Conservative says:

How many scored top of the class?

How many affirmative action hires?

How many nepotism hires?

If you’ve got a bullet proof vest / tactical gear, rock n roll.

Fire them, hire Waffle man!

• kenji says:

👏👏👏👏 … can you even IMAGINE what Waffle Guy could do with the amount of tactical gear the taxpayers gave the Coward Co. Sheriff Dept.?

• Katherine McCoun says:

exactly! untrained, unarmed but 10x the courage, character and determination of these cowards! And in these cowards situation it was their job, their training, they were armed and Children were being murdered. All on them. Blood on their hands!

14. Pa Hermit says:

I never had a whole lot of faith in the County Mounty concept, seemed like they were more like a Deputy Dog kind of thing. Most of what I see are dealing with the civil end of society. Not like your your “front line” force, more like the daily police work. Maybe that’s the way they work.

• patrickhenrycensored says:

All departments have ‘policies’ concerning active shooters.
      Regardless of those however, there was enough manpower present to create safe passage for medical personell to begin assisting the victims.
      And they didn’t.

• kenji says:

My local city … “contracts out” … our County Sheriff Dept. for police services. Useless. Utterly USELESS. Unless you believe that busting skateboarding middle schoolers, and breaking up high school house parties is TOP police work.

Sorry … I am all about LAW and ORDER … but don’t think much about Police UNIONS

• sat0422 says:

As a stand up for Trump patriot, he has to turn his focus on the Department of Education (Betsy is a disaster do nothing) and he has to begin to look at our economy. His vision is on the world and we are left with a tax cut that is already being eaten up by higher gas prices and inflaction.
        If Betsy and the Dept of Education aren’t actively evaluating safety in our nation’s schools, then she should clutch her pearls and go home.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Don’t know how things work where you live.

I have real close up and personal experience with a Sheriff’s Office. The county was pretty rural and oddly configured, geographically, which created some big challenges. There is no way response time could be good under those circumstances, you couldn’t fund enough deputies to do it adequately.

In our state, Sheriff’s deputies get the same training police officers do. No difference. In the cities, though, they see different types of crimes and police officers tend to be specialists: traffic, narcotics, vice, whatever. Deputies have to be generalists because they may have to handle anything and everything from traffic stops to burglaries to domestics, and without the luxury of back up any time within the next hour or two.

Personally, I saw no difference between the professionalism of the deputies and municipal police officers. Where things start to fall apart is because when you have to handle every kind of crime you can’t possibly know everything about every area and you won’t be as experienced because some things you may only see once or twice in your career.

But again, my experience was with a county that was pretty rural and had one big town. I don’t know a lot about how a large urban Sheriff’s Office like Broward County is organized or operates.

But I don’t like what I see from Broward, that’s for sure.

• 🍺Gunny66 says:

Excuse me Syl, but there is no excuse, about training or otherwise. You are a law officer, County or local, and you have a weapon, for offense or defense of a crime….

And you do “Nothing” while children are being slaughtered ?

Here in Texas teachers are armed and they are trained, like everyone else who has a permit to carry.

And, this is just me. If I am armed and someone is killing someone, or even if not armed, I’m goin in.

Look at Waffle man. Saved lives.

How can anyone claim to be a man hiding behind trees?

Please excuse my expression, and no offense intended to anyone.
        In the Matines we have an expression…
        Here it comes Ad Rem.

“Dying in your sleep is for pussies”

Dedicated to the Browerd Cowards.

15. lastinillinois says:

This is a prime example of where we are as a society today:

We lose good people every day whom are willing to put themselves in danger to protect their neighbors,
    While the cowardly neighbors hide in an attempt to ride a storm out.

Thus, we are left with – after centuries of this form of natural selection – far, far too many cowards to carry forward the species.

We have been ‘coward heavy’ for decades now.

16. technerd55 says:

The future has arrived in Broward County:

17. JMC says:

Broward’s Cowards of the County

18. Caius Lowell says:

Watch your back Bryan…

19. Robert says:

All participating sheriffs should be fired and charged period…

• kenji says:

If I design a building that collapses and kills people due to negligence … even a simple mistake … I will be professionally and financially RUINED. Sued into paupers prison.

Yet, Law Enforcement “professionals” who stand by, doing NOTHING … negligently doing NOTHING … because the UNIVERSAL PROTOCOL for active shooters is to IMMEDIATELY go AT … go TO … the shooter … NOW!!! … still have their jobs, pensions, and badges. Children were murdered and/or bled-out … while these incompetent cowards crouched behind their state of the art police cruisers.

The entire department should be DUMPED and every single position rehired.

• rf121 says:

Courts have already ruled that police do not have to respond in situations that put their lives in danger.

• svenwg says:

That judgement alone reinforces the need for the law abiding citizens to be armed as per the Second Amendment. It matters not what the Left thinks or screams out for ‘gun control’ the Second Amendment is what stands between chaos and tyranny, long may the citizens of America have the protection of the Second Amendment!

20. CottonTail says:

All the more reason to own your own guns and carry them when you can! I used to have a saying about discipline.
    “Subtle breakdown of discipline, unchecked, lead to Abu Ghraibs or worse!”
    Now I say;
    “Total breakdown of discipline or lack there of lead to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shootings or worse!!” USA 1SG Retired
    My first post here although I have been following the CTH since just before Christmas. Thank you Sundance and all of your followers for my best Christmas present.

21. andyocoregon says:

I’m still amazed that Cruz stood to inherit about $800,000 and had he just been patient, he would have had a really nice lifestyle for a while.

22. Michael says:

The Supremes have already ruled the police have no duty to protect anyone and evidently these Broward County finest chose to follow their guidance.

• yadent says:

Correct. The police also are under NO legal obligation whatsoever to draw their weapons other than for SELF DEFENSE. Not my nor your defense but solely their own. Citizens need to understand the limitations of ‘police protection’ and ponder the ramifications. The only real ‘protection’ government can provide is the consequences the law provides for it’s violation. If I, as a criminal, willingly accept those consequences/punishment then the ‘sky is the limit’ in terms of heinous activities I wish to engage in………especially within a ‘gun-free’ zone.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“The Supremes have already ruled the police have no duty to protect anyone ”

Then they should declare gun-free school zones unconstitutional. About half of them should probably cut up their robes and use them to wipe after they defecate, because they are doing absolutely no service to the U.S. Constitution.

There silence in regards to the fraud perpetrated upon the FISC is my exhibit #1.

• yadent says:

‘Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005),[1] is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court ruled, 7–2, that a town and its police department could not be sued under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 for failing to enforce a restraining order, which had led to the murder of a woman’s three children by her estranged husband.’ This is the latest of many court cases where it has been ruled that the government’s agents are responsible for providing protection to the community as a WHOLE, NOT any one individual of group of individuals within said community. The judges who have ruled and upheld previous rulings protecting government from such suits span the ideological spectrum.

23. TheWanderingStar says:

New BSO solgan, “To self-preserve and batten”.

24. Papoose says:

They were following orders. Its apparent.

25. Wow, pretty damning information for Broward County. It would be interesting to know who the unidentified BSO Officer was who was helping Coral Springs law enforcement basically taking care of everything. Certainly hope he wasn’t the officer who unexpectedly died recently of cancer looking fit as a fiddle. Amazing job Coral Springs, it would be nice knowing all LE operates the way Coral Springs does just like the NYFD running into burning buildings rather than away.

26. txjohn says:

These asshats are fully armed & hiding, but the Waffle House hero unarmed & wounded went after the gunman & saved lives. Fire them all. Sue the Broward Co Sheriff’s Office.

27. Ken Maritch says:

Nothing more shameful than a cowardly LEO.

28. kinthenorthwest says:

Praying that police departments like Broward County are a rarity .

29. Hillyard says:

Just like their “Leader of The Coward Band, Blame Everyone Else” Sheriff Scott Israel, shame and disgust doesn’t begin to describe this group of public dole leaches

30. I work in a “gun free zone”. It’s scary, and a lot of people that work in this environment don’t agree with the entire premise. Have attended quite a few “shooter safety” trainings as well. We are told repeatedly to run like he** or shelter in place if you must and wait for the police to arrive. The premise is that as soon as law enforcement are on the scene they are to actively pursue and engage /stop the shooter, asap. This is the entire premise of not being able to conceal carry in these environments. (I’m not saying I agree with any of it, but these are the road rules.) This Sheriff and his dept have turned that premise into a big fat potentially fatal LIE.

31. lisabrqwc says:

Forgive my ignorance about firearms, but how would the fraidy-cat cop hiding behind a tree be able to tell an actual lawman going in that “He is on the third floor”? Can you tell by sound alone from that far away? If it’s daylight, would there actually be flashes or something from the gunfire that someone cowering behind a tree would see through the windows up on the 3rd floor?

32. Sandra-VA says:

The Sheriff is responsible for his deputies not doing what should have been done. They were instructed to do precisely what they did… this Israel needs to go (and the woman who actually did issue the stand down orders etc).

33. joshua says:

Read about the Parkland SECURITY Resource officers using gestapo interrigation on young pro-gun student pulled out of class and verbally abused.

34. scslayer says:

Feel safer already after reading these reports!

35. ablefox says:

The FBI is crooks
    H2O board
    CIA blanket
    African Obama
    DOJ is DOA
    Root toot Rudy
    Q

36. Mr. T. says:

It is my understanding that the BCSO including the Sheriff, is under investigation by the Florida Attorney General’s Office, and at the conclusion of that investigation, the Governor could remove the BCSO Sheriff from office and he has the legal authority to do so. BCSO stinks to high heaven because of all the worthless good old boys(cowards) that the Sheriff hired when he took office. What a shame that the good deputies who work for that department have to put up with that crap.

37. Ultra Man says:

I lived down there for many years. There are plenty of good people, but the majority are completed self-absorbed abdvdevoid of empathet toward anyone else. It’s a sociopathic stew of indifference. This doesn’t surprise me. And there will be zero accountability.

38. tgmccoy says:

“Saving our own.” is their motto?
    they forgot to add “Arse.”

39. Martin says:

One wonders if the BSO deputies, if told that armed rapists were inside their residence with their wife and daughters, would take up defensive positions in their driveway?

Looks like the CSPD officers didn’t get the “memo.” Or at the very least, they take their oaths more seriously.

40. John says:

Maybe pension plans need to go…

41. Tom P says:

Coward County Sherriff Officers. There, I fixed it for you.

42. maiingankwe says:

Kyle Kashuv went to a shooting range with his Dad and received proper instructions on the AR-15 this last Friday. Photos and videos were taken to memorialize this fun and informative day for the both of them.

Fellow students had looked in his facebook and twit account and complained to the school. So by third period, Kyle was asked to go see a Mr. Greenleaf who was an armed school officer. In entering his office, another armed school officer sat directly behind Kyle and the two officers proceeded to question Kyle everything and anything about his Friday excursion with his Dad.

At one time he had asked if he could tape the conversation and was denied. Also during this questioning a sheriff from Broward County entered to question Kyle as well.

Kyle was scared. He’s only 15 or 16 years old. I’m sure he was raised to respect authority, and it is why he did not ask for a parent or a lawyer. However, he did know what they were doing had to be wrong. He explained that their questions were ridiculous, especially when not any of them had looked at his tweets or fb page. He also felt intimidated and this was done on purpose, especially when one sits directly behind Kyle to ask him questions.

In essence, the school and Broward County refuse to look into any of their troubled kids who could actually be a real danger, but with Kyle? They were all over him and couldn’t even do their jobs in looking up the tweets and fb page. They were out of line and attacking this poor child, and I’m sure broke a few laws along the way.

So it’s hard for me to see these officers all doing as they should and marking no, they do not have faith in Israel. At least one of them made it a point to go down and harass Kyle about his Second Amendment right. I wouldn’t doubt if this was one of the cowards who hid behind a tree or vehicle when there was a real danger.

I do believe the majority of the officers will cross off the box saying, no, we don’t have faith, but only doing so out of pressure from the public, and nothing else.

• Blade says:

Tucker just had the young man on for an interview, one on one, no lawyer or parent. The Kid has skillz and makes that Hogg child look like the fraud he is.

Since Tucker aired this, you know the sh!t will hit the fan down there. The Gestapo tactics are gonna sink them. They interrogated the kid without notifying his parents. He had no representation or even an opportunity to get one either. The Coward County Sheriff and School bureaucracy are fully exposed.

P.S. Don’t miss the Tucker segment on “Immigration” featuring a classic conservative shill. Truly the Cato Institute is our most subversive org. Open Borders, Free Traitors, kill the middle class psychopaths. Membership in Cato must require a lobotomy, there is no other explanation.

• Jacaranda11816 says:

Yes, Blade, here’s the link to the Tucker Carlson interview you mentioned with Pro-2A Parkland student Kyle Kushav. His description of the interrogation is chilling…all because he tweeted pro-2A sentiments and shooting range pictures.

• maiingankwe says:

Thanks Blade! I saw the Tucker episode with young Kyle and it was really upsetting to know this is happening in the land of the free. I don’t know how we are allowing all of this to go on.

My theory is it is happening in so many places at once, as planned, which makes it a great deal more difficult to hold the spot light on and hold them accountable.

I haven’t seen the interview with the Cato Institute, could you please give me the date in which it aired? I’d like to see it.

I can’t stand the institute either and am flabbergasted that they claim to be patriots.
        Be well, and thank you,
        Ma’iingankwe

• GB Bari says:

What happen to Kyle was indeed wrong, but when you advertise your personal life all over the internet via Facebook and Twaddle, you should not be too surprised at what nefarious and unscrupulous people do with that information.

Young people (and a lot of older ones too) are very naive and do not understand the need to keep their private lives PRIVATE. Using social media is extremely risky, no exceptions.

• Blade says:

Yes, but Kyle is not a dummy. Posting that video was not naiveté, it was expert level fly fishing and he reeled in some big-ass fish. I’m seeing another James O’Keefe in training. He is a perfect counter to those Hogg kids.

• LongingForTruth says:

When we read this story, the comment in our home was made that, “Oh, these guys are just like a lot of employees: they showed up, were they supposed to do something??”

Then to see that a 15 year old is interrogated about a normal, everyday occurrence: enjoying an outing with a real dad doing ‘man stuff’ and using his training to teach others, truly reveals the character of these ‘men’! They knew this kid was ‘safe’ to use Gestapo techniques on in their attempt to intimidate him as he was being trained by a good parent. THEY would not be hurt by HIM!!

Kyle is a first rate kid and knew how to play them, just as you said, Blade! I love this.

• LongingForTruth says:

btw: I am a woman. I LOVE real men. My dad took all 5 of us out shooting as kids. It IS NORMAL!! I think I was 8 when I first shot with Dad’s pistol. It had quite a kick.
            We home educated our kids. They ALWAYS had some form of weapon on them. So when all the hype about ‘guns in school’ came out in the 90’s, we would brag that, “Of course we have guns in school, every classroom!” Our eldest son became a Marine Embassy Guard.

• maiingankwe says:

GB Bari,
        I understand where you’re coming from, but I have to disagree. The school had no right whatsoever to interrogate that child in the way they chose to do so.

These kids live their life on social media, they take pictures of everything and post to their friends to let them know what they’re up to. If anything, the kids who were upset over it shouldn’t have gone to his sites. If you ask me, they were only looking to get him in trouble and I call that a form of bullying. It’s obvious they don’t Kyle and the only reason they even went to his social media sites was to continue their spying and waiting for the moment they could get him in trouble. This bs about how they worried about what he may do is a bunch of hooey. They know it, Kyle knows it, and it should’ve been obvious to the adults at the school as well. However, I can see how it went right over their tiny, small-minded little heads.

I don’t do twit or fb or any of the other multitudes of social media. I don’t want my business known, and I don’t live for likes and checks or whatever they are on there. If I want to talk to someone I still use the phone, and I still write letters and send cards. I believe you and I are the same in that respect.

In all honesty, I wish kids didn’t rely so heavily on social media and texting. I believe they are missing out on so much.

Thankfully, my daughter still uses the phone to talk to people. I just heard her talking for thirty minutes with one of her friends when she was done with her homework. Yes, I still check. 🙂She’s only just turned thirteen. Plus, she did all of this outside as I was cleaning up with our snow melting. I found quite a lot of the pups balls, which had been hiding for most of our winter. So I double lucked out with her being and enjoying the outside rather than her cooped up in her room.

Sometimes we have to give these kids a break, they are living in different times than we did. I know it’s not always easy to understand since our ways seem so much better. A lot more fun too. But it is what it is and we have to do our best to do well by them. They are our future, and we have to do our best in teaching them right, but we also have to listen to their voice once in awhile.
        Be well,
        Ma’iingankwe

• TheLastDemocrat says:

This is the deal:

The schools have, in recent years, ALL gotten into the “anti-bullying” thing.

Do you think there is one smidge less bullying?

Since they are unwilling to discipline any kid, or call the parents in and tell them they better have their kid straighten up or else, they are making it look like they are doing something about bullying.

My kids are making their way through school alright with the bullying. But with no help from the school.

• maiingankwe says:

The Last Democrat,
        I am ever so sorry to hear your children’s school is failing them.

I cannot stand bullies, no matter their age. I’ve always told my daughter that a bully usually has a miserable home life and lashing out against others. I get in more detail, but you know what I mean.

Our family and community is lucky that our schools have not gone the way as so many have as of yet. My daughter had an absolute horrible experience from a fellow student who wrote and called her some nasty names on his social media account. I called the school and had a long and good talk with the school counslor. And even though it happened after school hours and off of school grounds, she called the Mom to let her know what her child had specifically said. I got a phone call from the Mom as I had asked for my number to be passed on. We talked and her son got in a whole lot of trouble. She said it was not how he was raised. I took her word and my daughter got an apology from her son, eventually.

Us three adults chalked it up as him showing off to his friends, which of course was wrong.

My daughter was really hurt and cried over this. She had never been called such nasty names and didn’t deserve it. As she said, she wears baggy sweatshirts and never wears revealing clothing to school. She is slim, and I think she is stunning in looks and composure. This however hurt how she saw her image. She is a size 3 and in seventh grade. She doesn’t have an ounce of fat on her and if anything, her gymnastics has made her strong and healthy.

Anyways, I am ever so grateful she had a counslor who took it in the direction it should’ve been taken. I know she didn’t follow the rules, but sometimes they are meant to be broken in order to do the right thing.

Oh, and the boy cried as well when his mom had confronted him about his nasty behavior and I say, good. It means he has a conscience or so I hope.

Let your children know that bullies usually end up messing up their adult lives, and the ones who were bullied by them are more than likely to thrive in the real world and become successful in the areas they choose. I know it doesn’t help much now, but it may make them feel a bit better knowing they have what it takes to be whoever they want to be in the workforce, and their bullies don’t.
        I will have my fingers crossed and prayers sent for them in it getting better.
        Be well,
        Ma’iingankwe

43. boogywstew says:

As a New Yorker I lived in the heart of Dixie for a large chunk of my life. Those weren’t “good old boys” hiding outside. They were SJW pretend cops. Coward County doesn’t want Clint Eastwood – John Wayne types because beta males are intimidated by real men. Good old boys would have guzzled their beer down in 3 seconds and charged into that school.

44. youme says:

They are both cowards and bullies…

Anti-Gun Control Parkland Survivor Kyle Kashuv Questioned By School Security For Visiting Gun Range With His Father.

Near the end of third period, my teacher got a call from the office saying I need to go down and see a Mr. Greenleaf. I didn’t know Mr. Greenleaf, but it turned out that he was an armed school resource officer. I went down and found him, and he escorted me to his office. Then a second security officer walked in and sat behind me. Both began questioning me intensely. First, they began berating my tweet, although neither of them had read it; then they began aggressively asking questions about who I went to the range with, whose gun we used, about my father, etc. They were incredibly condescending and rude.

Then a third officer from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office walked in, and began asking me the same questions again. At that point, I asked whether I could record the interview. They said no. I asked if I had done anything wrong. Again, they answered no. I asked why I was there. One said, “Don’t get snappy with me, do you not remember what happened here a few months ago?”

45. ablefox says:

Boom Boom
    Bum Sugar on de line
    Señora shake earth quake
    Quarrel knowa
    Crab key DOC
    Three Blind Mice…..

Q

46. ablefox says:

Strife an scams
    only one cure

Q

47. TreeperInTraining says:

#browardcowardstrong#

(I still think there was a standown order. I hate to think so many yellow bellies find themselves on the SAME police force ).

• Molly Pitcher says:

I also think there was a stand down order and the biggest question is why?
      Was the “event” required to have a maximum lethal toll so that the following anti gun theater would be a raging success?
      Was it so that the lone shooter narrative would never be in question?

• On this thread are several posts noting that a woman who was second in command at the SO called out a stand down order. Too bad it takes so long to read these lllooooooonnngg threads!

48. ablefox says:

Sessions, Scott, an Bondi…have rewarded failure. As usual. it is…Social justice. A
    in’t it grand.

49. ablefox says:

When you are on the ground confronting armed enemy the tactics developed in WW2 are the best. Combat infantry. These people are PC kook balls. Gotta get lead in the air.

50. JIM says:

Is anyone surprised? How many times do we see our local PD on the news handing out clothes, playing basketball or delivering toys to kids. Police work in now ‘community policing’ and not enforcement. The mindset has been corrupted. That’s exactly why the members of Broward County acted the way they did. Have not seen Bondi on TV anywhere condemning their actions and she’s suppose to be pro LE, BS.