Thursday April 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

354 Responses to Thursday April 19th – Open Thread

• piper567 says:

trapper, thanks so much for posting this video.
      I discovered Garanca years ago…One night I was wandering around and came upon her videos by accident. Was delighted there was so much info, so many performances of hers readily accessible. Long night, ha!
      She is a real force of Nature, and I have particularly enjoyed listening to her singing when her husband is conducting the orchestra while she performs.
      They are a really interesting couple, very hard working ambassadors for Opera in general, and following them gives me a somewhat different take on the quality of music and performance coming out of Eastern Europe.
      Nice way to start-up this morning, thanks!

• Tegan says:

Trapper…absolutely loved the video! Thanks!

1. nikkichico7 says:

Romans 15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    Self-denial on Behalf of Others
    15 Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. 2 Each of us is to please his neighbor [a]for his good, to his edification. 3 For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me.” 4 For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5 Now may the God [b]who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one accord you may with one [c]voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    7 Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted [d]us to the glory of God. 8 For I say that Christ has become a servant to the circumcision on behalf of the truth of God to confirm the promises given to the fathers, 9 and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written,

“Therefore I will [e]give praise to You among the Gentiles,
    And I will sing to Your name.”
    10 Again he says,

“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people.”
    11 And again,

“Praise the Lord all you Gentiles,
    And let all the peoples praise Him.”
    12 Again Isaiah says,

“There shall come the root of Jesse,
    And He who arises to rule over the Gentiles,
    In Him shall the Gentiles hope.”
    13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 16:25-27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, 26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; 27 to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.

🌹🇺🇸

2. David says:

Dear American friends, I am Israeli. I support Trump and I am usually more political but today is the 70th birthday of Israel so I am posting something different. A special project supported by the office of the President. The purpose of the project is to gather people of all ethnicities and religions and have them sing together. For the 70th birthday attendance was high and 12,000 people showed up. Enjoy.

3. 17CatsInTN says:

Good morning! It’s time for breakfast!!

From L, Joshua, Guinevere, Sammy, Theophilus, Sage and Cicero.

• FelineFine says:

God bless you for giving all these beautiful kitties a good home!

• Jimi Helms says:

Looks like our house, we have, Butter, Ruddy, Patches, and Molly. This made my day! Life is Grand!!!

• 17CatsInTN says:

Isn’t it fun??!!

I love the names people come up with! Over the course of my taking care of ferals, around 60-70, people ask how I come up with names. I dunno, I just look at them, and the name(s) come to me. Besides the 6 shown here, I currently have 9 more. 🙂

• Catspian, Trumpkin, Prisca, Moonlight, Rowdy, Ragnar, Blackie, and Clyde all say good morning back. I’ve never been able to get a pic of them all!

• 17CatsInTN says:

Good morning, purrfurs! I had a Clyde as well. Good ol’ fashioned name. Catspian…what a hoot! Lol!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

This is Lacey Buttercup. AKA Lacey. She is my baby!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

Whoops! I’ve recently acquired a new computer, and I can’t figure out how to post photos. I could do it on the old one, but I just haven’t figured this one out yet!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

• 17CatsInTN says:

Try this one. Once the pic is uploaded, click on the icon on the far right of Direct Link. That will copy a .jpg file that works when posting here. I wanta see your kitty!!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

Cross your fingers!

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://s5.postimg.cc/oztnkyucn/PC240362_zpsmol6xcdc.jpg

• singingsoul says:

I now only have three cats , Garbo, Patches and Mis Maple .
              We used to have 13 cats at one time because my kids fond a very pregnant stray cat that had 7 kittens. They were all indoor cats and my husband build a cat run where they could go out in a safe space.
              We in this house have a cage outside where the cats enter through basement window. I plant cat nip close that they can pick on their own.
              Over the years we took in abused cats kittens from stray cats and I found homes for them.
              My two dogs one was abused and put in my backyard she is the Blue Healer and the other was dropped off around Christmas in a box with his mom and siblings at the Vet. I took Woodford a Staff Coonhound mix. I love animals.
              17Cats I used to have a Cicero and Socrates each animal still lives in my heart.

• Janie M. says:

Bless you, singingsoul, your love is apparent. Sounds like you have created a kitty heaven. 😉

• 17CatsInTN says:

The most I’ve had at one time is around 30ish. Ferals are hard to care for as they are open season for predators, horrible living conditions and scumbag humans and so many succumb to that deadly combo. Though I’ve had many who really enjoy the comforts a house offers, their hearts reside in the big outdoors. I never force them to stay inside, unless I’m trying to snag one for a trip to the vet. I just love ’em for as long as they grace me with their presence. In exchange I offer food and shelter. It’s a pretty good match. 🙂

• singingsoul says:

17CatsInTN
                  “Though I’ve had many who really enjoy the comforts a house offers, their hearts reside in the big outdoors. I never force them to stay inside, unless I’m trying to snag one for a trip to the vet. I just love ’em for as long as they grace me with their presence. In exchange I offer food and shelter. It’s a pretty good match. ”
                  __________________________________________
                  I know some cats are free spirits and have problems being in the house only.
                  I am glad that there are people like you. Thank you for your love to animals.

I had one cat a neighbor left she was a longhair and she did not like indoors. We build a house for her off the ground in the backyard but in the winter she would come in and had a place in the basement under the steps. She was lots of fun and helped with gardening. One kitten from a stray Charlie I took in and I wanted to take him out one day he freaked out. Most of my stray cats never wanted to go back. I only had three cats who came in and out because they sprayed if I kept them in but when I let them out they never did.
                  My cats have lots of space in our old big house and they have a big cat tree..:)

• Janie M. says:

17CatsInTN, you have such a big heart. I admire you greatly. With regard to letting ferals go outdoors, I have seen one too many road-kills (usually cats) and it pains me greatly. We took in a feral female (our Mini-girl) who passed away last August @ about 12+ yrs old. She, her 4 litter-mates and mom suddenly appeared my porch deck every night (she was the runt of that litter). I fed them daily (couldn’t leave dry food out during the day, damn birds would eat it and crap all over).

My son first noticed Mini and her 3 kittens on our patio deck and called me over to see them, so cute. She probably brought them so they could be fed. Once I eventually trapped Mini and her 3 babies in my house, I closed the patio door and never let them out again. She went bonkers – vomiting and continually yowling for a few days but I refused to let them out.It took her weeks to settle in. The kittens acclimated quickly, little boogers liked climbing the patio door curtains.

I kept her babies till they were about 3 months old before taking them and Mini to the Humane Society. Ironically, the clerk there told me, “We don’t take in strays.” Seriously?!! When I was in the parking lot, leaving, 2 couples approached me and took the kittens – obviously, I couldn’t screen the folks but I couldn’t keep them.Since Mini was a black adult (and wackos exist), I figured she would be safer with me, I took her back home.

Our eldest, Sami, (passed 6+ years ago @ 14 yrs, cancer) had been with us since he was about 3 months old, little pet shop purchase for my son’s 15th birthday. He would try to run out the front door to get outside frequently and I’d have to chase him down. Mini didn’t followed him. She’d sit in the doorway and look out, but NEVER take off. Maybe she realized her prior outdoor life wasn’t that great.

• 17CatsInTN says:

I just have too many now to try and keep them indoors. I never got past the destroying everything in sight and peeing/pooping everywhere stage… 😉 I’m glad you had a happy ending. I keep my black ones indoors from about 10/30 – 11/1. They complain loudly, but that’s the one time I say too bad.

• Janie M. says:

Yes, you and I share the same sentiment about 10/30-11/1… and the thought sickens me. And there is such a thing as too much of a good thing (many indoor cats), especially if some of them possess the feral attitude. You have arranged a good work-around, so all their vital needs get met.

• FelineFine says:

See if this works.

• Wow! She is purrfectly gorgeous!!

• Tegan says:

We are “auditioning” right now to be parents of Marbles…a beautifully feral with “marbled” markings. He’s a talker and always answers us and now will come up to his dish to eat when we are sitting on the patio…but a very long ways from any physical contact.
        We also have a backyard filled with birds but so far they seem to be coexisting without problems.
        They certain do bring joy into your lives. I often think Baron would love to have a dog.

• czarowniczy says:

Reminds me…gotta change our catbox.

• JC says:

I’m late to the party here, 17Cats, but had to say I enjoyed this pic & all the stories it engendered. Thank you. ❤️

4. Bob Thoms says:

Emma, an old dog resting her old bones………………….

5. nikkichico7 says:

Happy Cursday 😃

🌹

6. littleanniesfannie says:

Don’t remember who but someone suggested a Ghostery to avoid those annoying Amazon pop-ups. I have used it for two weeks and not a single pop-up!! Hope I haven’t jinxed myself!!

7. Bob Thoms says:

Powerful editorial over at Powerline……….it has to do with the reactions to the death of FL Barbara Bush and the decline of America.

John Hinderaker asks:

“In this environment, is there any common ground on which people who disagree about policy can stand? It doesn’t seem so. We can’t even agree on paying respect–sincere or not–to a former First Lady. ”

8. lotbusyexec says:

Wondering how many of us Treeper’s have read A SEARCH FOR GOD BOOKS I & II by Edgar Cayce (A.R.E)? Feel like Sundance is a Master Leader of the movement. Book starts out with Matthew 6:9-13 The Our Father Prayer 🙂

9. oldiadguy says:

Another video about those evil Russians.

Heck, I would have trouble balancing myself with both feet flat on that balance pad she is using.

Thank goodness, I ever efficient government is protecting us from more of that evil Russian influence.

SMH Sometimes I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone.

Pray for peace

• smiley says:

it’s not that the Russians themselves are “evil”….

…it’s Putin and his Cult that might be….

• oldiadguy says:

Smiley,

As you are aware, I spent almost 40 years involved in law enforcement and a little over 13 years as an IAD guy investigating my own. I learned to separate my bias and look at things impartially, I am a big rule of law guy and believer that someone is innocent until proven guilty. I extend this belief in international affairs as well.

I have read about the many allegations made against Putin and as well as the arguments of those defending him. One of the things I noticed about the allegations, they are almost evidence free and that bothers me. You see, as an IAD guy was targeted with numerous false accusations that were made in an effort to block my efforts to find the truth, get me re-assigned or to discredit the evidence I had uncovered.

Because of that experience, I can recognize some of the allegations as being just that, efforts by the Deep State to demonize Putin. Is Putin guilty of some of the allegations? He could well be, but I have yet to see credible evidence to prove his guilt, even to a preponderance of evidence.

I do know from my research, that Putin is a Russian nationalist. We know from our research that Trump is an American nationalist. Both have been targeted by the Deep State with an avalanche of false allegations. The fact that both these leaders being attacked by the same Deep State sources, tells me a lot.

As far as your observation that the attacks on Russia are actually attacks on Putin and not the Russian people, many will disagree.

From my research, Putin and the Russian people are in the cross hairs of the Deep State and that is the reason for the comments I have posted, the articles I have linked and the reason I ask everyone to –

Search for the truth and pray for peace

P.S. Be sure to view the St. Petersburg video in the comments, it is truly beautiful.

10. Dora says:

I remember eating at ‘Windows of the World’ when I was young. The view was stunning. We were so high up that the lights of the city seemed to mingle with the lights of the stars. Sad memories.

11. Ziiggii says:

Just posting this very insightful TED talk from Sept 2017 by a PhD candidate student at UNC Chapel Hill; which will/should open the eyes of a lot of people regarding the business of ‘big data’ in todays world. I believe she is mostly correct, but it’s not about the AD clicks! I believe this is the newest recreation of the CIA’s ‘Project Mockingbird’ – I’ve been calling it ‘Project Social Butterfly’ and I don’t trust the Intel Community (IC) or the ‘Elites’ in control of the IC to be responsible at all with all this ‘big data’.

This will also give some insight into the issues that have been brought up in the past few weeks re: Cambridge Analytics & Facebook. They got caught red handed and the cat is slowly getting out of the bag. Maybe, that is why POTUS decided to use them?!?

• czarowniczy says:

The CIA’s had a lock on all hardwire traffic leaving/entering the US on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts for decades, it all passes thru their hands. One could easily argue that they also have access to satellite traffic thru their sigint capabilities and microwave traffic through other means. Back to that Utah center and whybthey need such humongous storage capacity.
      We started with programs to turn on cell phones remotely and listen in in the early days, my folks working diligently to remotely and secretly turn on any and every piece of electronic hardware that has a mike and/or a camera, from laptops to home entertainment centers, to watch and listen to you.The prospects of a remote operator knowing what you’re watching on your device whe s/he monitors your microexpressions and pupillary responses made some spooks giddy.
      Right now I’m watching a news piece on how a state’s DMV is working with a company to digitalize licence plates. They’ll be interconnected to the state’s DMV computer system and capable of two-way communications with these computers. ‘Just think of the advantages’, we’re told, ‘if your car’s stolen as soon as you report it the DMV can make the plate flash on and off, alerting police.’ Hmmmmmm….and the state can have a gps record of where you go and when…not to mention how fast. No more need for those icky covert plate readers by the side of the road…and how about getting a computer-generated speeding ticket in the mail? The possibilities are endless.
      Privacy is pretty much a dead issue, the only fight left is how much privacy you can save. At some point I can see the government destroying those few ways of keeping self to self – banning pre-modemed cars and somehow environmentally evil, doing away with costly cash once and for all and going to electronic payments – as its ability to totaly monitor one’s life becomes complete. And yes, there are folks diligently working on electronic implants to replace cell/smart phones and credit cards; can’t wait for the day I can go into Walmart, they predetermined what I was going to buy and all In have to do is give them the chip-finger.

• czarowniczy says:

Apropos to what just happened with Trtump’s lawyer, if we go back to the summer of 2013 when POtuS was telling us that it was absurd to think the NSA was spying on innocent Americans, some classified NSA documents were leaked that showed the NSA had permission to do so and was vacuuming up calls, emails and other communications on Americans without a warrant. The ACLU was dealing with a number of privacy-related cases at that time and found that the DNI, NSA and DoJ were playing wird games and DoJ had given its blessing to the Agencies under the expanded Patyriot’s Act to put their eyerballs to every keyhole they could get an eye on. The NSA, in particular, said it had the authority to collect and disseminate attorney-client communications and turn them over to DoJ. So here we are 5 years later with the DoJ confiscating attorney-client communications and presumably using it to build cases.
        I’m seeing Snowden’s motivation here…

• czarowniczy says:

And the CIA has openly admitted it regularly vacuums up ALL of the communications traffic of foreign countries – so why do we believe that, with all of the evidence, they don’t do it here?

• Janie M. says:

cz, with regard to LE being able to catch us speeding via a gps record. My son drives me to my CBOC and Hines, via toll roads so I finally decided to join the EZ-pass toll program (faster than stopping at the toll booth to pay and if you rarely carry cash, it can be problematic). Anyway…while my son was zipping down the toll road to our destination (in excess of what is posted, you know what I mean), I turned to him and said, “How do you know those overhead toll device readers aren’t keeping track of when you go through and can tell how long it took you to get to the next reader, can tell you exceeded the speed limit” (your comment about getting a speeding ticket in the mail could occur). He assured me it wasn’t possible. I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think it could happen.

• czarowniczy says:

The modem in modern cars (think things like On Star) GPS could be used to judge your speed and some toll roiads were considering buffering state coffers by dividing distance by time on your ticket to guestimate speed and set fines. There are also neat little devices that can be rolled into place that can record your licence plate and speed, sending you a ticket in the mail like those cameras cash strapped ciries are going to.
          Bureaucrats know no bounds when it comes to seperating their electorate from their wages and technology is their friend in that pursuit.

• Ad rem says:

Fetched from the bin…. 😦

• Janie M. says:

I hate tollway driving around here and try to avoid it at all costs, make my son drive me on it now. Even when you are over the limit, doing 80 in a 65 zone…. they TAILGATE you!!!

• czarowniczy says:

That’s why I keep a great personal injury lawyer on speed dial.

• Janie M. says:

This thought came to me later… since our RINO governor passed a bill making IL a sanctuary state, it would be my luck to get clobbered by a carload of illegals with no insurance and they’d scatter for parts unknown.

• czarowniczy says:

One illegal driving a bus of illegals to perform work illegally crashed into an accident site killing, along with other, a fire chief – just outside of New Orleans. Press said ‘illegal’ once – accidentally – and from there it was poorly plastered over with ill-fitting adjectives.

• Janie M. says:

I vaguely remember a similar story that appeared just a few years ago. Could very well be the accident of which you are speaking. It happens too often (cheap but illegal laborers).

• czarowniczy says:

August 2016, LaPlace on the I-10 just west of Kenner/Metairie. He was just sdentenced for the fire chief but also faces 30+ counts of ‘negligent injuring’.

12. smiley says:

a test

13. smiley says:

omg

will wonders never cease.

old watercolor on paper (obviously)..

by : Guess Who

🐱

terrible photo…

needs to be cropped.

14. oldiadguy says:

I’ve posted this video previously, the singer is Marina Golchenko Tapac.

Mrs. Golchencko has a couple of pinterest sites I thought some may be interested in seeing.

Obliviously, these pinterest accounts are some of the evil Russian disinformation sites the Deep State keeps telling us about. /s/

Seek the truth and pray for peace

15. golsono says:

I can’t reply directly to posters on my device
    In response to Jacqueline’s pic of Lacey :
    looks like a good friend of Suspicious Cat, just hanging in the background u know

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

She’s notorious for being suspicious! I don’t care where I go, there she is, eyeing me with curiosity! She’s also a talker, and will let you know how she feels about everything. She also pokes a paw at my eyes every morning at 6:00 am telling me it’s time for her breakfast.
      The worst is if I forget the litter box! She will just go next to it, and look at me like “Well”.
      She has me well and truly trained as her slave. I luv my Lacey!

16. Pat Frederick says:

just want to thank everyone who comes on this thread and posts the great animal pictures–the magnificent artwork–the music videos–and the inspirational messages!
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!
    I enjoy all of them!!

17. Lucille says:

The Last of the Queen’s Corgi Dynasty Has Died
    RIP, Willow

Elizabeth II poses for a publicity photo on the steps at the rear of the East Terrace and East Garden in 2016. Clockwise from top left are her four dogs, Willow, Vulcan, Candy and Holly. Only Candy and Vulcan remain alive. (Press Association via AP Images)

18. Lucille says:

Muslim Congressional IT staffer transferred House data to Pakistani government, says his father’s ex-partner
    April 19, 2018 12:35 PM By Robert Spencer

19. BigMamaTEA says:

Cause I know you guys have all be waiting with baited-breath for an update of Senate tee-vee…….HA!

2 Major Confirmations this “week”

Yesterday – 04/18/2018
    Carlos G. Muniz, of Florida, to be General Counsel, Department of Education, & Vice James Cole. CONFIRMED Y- 55 – Nay – 43

And today – 4-/19/2018
    Rep. James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
    CONFIRMED Y – 50 – N – 49

Senate adjourned 4:56pmEST to return on Monday 3:00pmEST

20. IdahoDeplorable says:

There is a good candidate in Idaho District 1 for Congress. It’s Michael Snyder and he’s running a pro-Trump campaign. He is a Pro-Trump, Christian conservative. He’s pro-life and pro-gun. It would be great to have someone like him in Congress! We are not in his district but are volunteering and donating to support his campaign. If anyone can help, it would be great! MAGA!

21. Ausonius says:

Ohio musical satirist Bryan Lewis presents “I Think My Dog’s a Democrat” !

22. covfefe999 says:

Sundance, I don’t look at your twitter feed very often but I really need to. I love your latest tweet, “Today be like …” 🙂

MAGA everyone. Today was a good day.

23. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

24. Janie M. says:

Need some assistance here…one of your ladies and I had a discussion about Yahoo’s email service and Oath – was it you piper? Wanted you to know, today I received Yahoo’s email discussing its partnering with Verizon, forming some program called “Oath” You seriously need a law degree to decipher it and there are so MANY sub-parts. One thing that stood out to me was their plans to share our information with 3rd parties based upon the content of our emails and parties we contact, etc. Also discussed was the ability to opt out of certain features.