The next president of Mexico, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, or “AM LO” as he is known locally, is a well known Marxist.  AM LO is virtually certain to be the winner of the July 1st Mexican election.  The U.S. will have a Hugo Chavez ideologue at our southern border.

Today, front-runner AM LO told an audience in Rosarito (Baja California peninsula) that President Trump’s bad experiences investing in Mexico, and encountering corrupt officials throughout government, were likely the reason for his negative view of the country.

“[Trump] invested here in Rosarito and also in Cozumel, Quintana Roo, and because of Mexico’s corrupt governments he had to leave,” Lopez Obrador said. “That’s why he got a bad impression of our country.”  (Reuters link)

AM LO went on to say his national government would eliminate the decades-long corruption within government and the judicial system.  Keep eyes-wide-open; once in office AM LO will likely repeat Chavez/Maduro and remove blocks to his agenda including legislative opposition, elections and eventually term limits.

This entry was posted in Communist, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, media bias, Mexico, Notorious Liars. Bookmark the permalink.

218 Responses to Mexican Presidential Race Front-runner Blames Corruption For President Trump’s Perspective…

1. WSB says:

Obrador Retriever.

I have nothing more to say.

2. Deb says:

Make Mexico Great Again!

This is one reason I voted for PDJT. I knew his policies would force Mexico to reform and deal with their own corruption. Having stable neighbors is important.

• joeknuckles says:

Remember, Marxists will say anything to further their agenda. If he is truly a Marxist, his words mean nothing. They are just a means to an end.

• Turranos says:

Oh so true, Joe. Frankly, I was surprised that Obrador Deceiver said what he did say.
        I have had many experiences with the Mexican people, all of them were great. I had one scary bad experience with Corruptocrats that put me in the situation where I was the unfortunate Americano that was illegally in Mexico for about a week, until I got it fixed. It wasn’t my fault. I had to go and point out the corruption to try to save my hide. I did my part, when entering their country, but the Corruptocrats failed to do their part. That is not a good situation find yourself in a country like that. That was my final trip to Mexico.

The road ahead for the Mexican people is going to be a rough one.

• piper567 says:

joe, that’s one reason they fall so easily into an alliance with islam…they both think alike in this regard…all means are on deck for their ends.

• boutis says:

The cartels will be very happy with him. They have the same goals.

• dayallaxeded says:

That’s the big question–is LMAO (h/t olderwiser21–great!) a Marxist or maybe a Stalinist? Some nations/cultures desperately need brutal strong men to keep the wolves under control and to herd the sheep. Perhaps that’s what MX needs for a decade or so. While I will not hold my breath for any positive results from LMAO’s election, I think it’s very interesting that his read on PDJT seems based on a history of business ventures that could’ve been good for all parties, but didn’t work out due to MX corruption, not b/c PDJT is a big orange meany or b/c CNN/NYSlimes/Univision said anonymous said PDJT told some other anonymous crank he be h8in’ on Latinos. All Latin American countries/cultures aren’t the same. MX is not VE and hopefully won’t be.

• The guy is a Marxist… this not good.

• Deb says:

I forgot that fact. But at least the left is being forced to acknowledge the truth. Hopefully it means they are getting nervous.

• mike says:

yes, but this time there’s less oil to grab and I doubt the cartels will let him grab any extra share there.

• Ausonius says:

Mexico’s anti-clericalism will be fertilized by a Marxist dictator, and it will be interesting to see how Pope Francis tippy-toes around that problem.

But yes, get ready for Mexico to be destroyed even more than it has already been destroyed by stupidity and incompetence and good old greed. If he is voted in, the Mexicans will be voting for a more brutal group of crooks than they already have. History will be repeating itself again to some degree, and what will be interesting is if our own citizens wake up to realize what Leftist-Marxist-Socialism-Communism really means:

The Loss of Human Rights, The Loss of Basic Freedoms, The Rise of Dictatorship, and The Triumph of the Misery of Egalitarianism. Ask the Russians, the Cubans, the North Koreans, the North Vietnamese, the Chinese, the Eastern Europeans, ask anyone who has suffered under totalitarianism how much fun life was under such a system!

• The Pope’s a Marxist.

AMLO will join him in “Marxifying” Catholicism in Mexico.

• Deb says:

Many priests will go to prison. Francis will be forced to publically stab them in the back or publically affirm his Marxism. He’ll be in a tough spot for sure.

• Many CHURCHES joined the “Underground Railroad” to take Pay-to-Play Federal bucks in Obama’s Marxist conspiracy flood America with ALIENS.

Tons of CORRUPTION that should lead to “Frozen Assets” under the Trump EO and JAIL.

• Deb says:

I’m not saying Francis isn’t a Marxist and I’m not saying the corruption isn’t there. But most of the actual pewsitters in America are orthodox, and we have the most money. He needs to keep up the pretense that he isn’t a full in Marxist in order to keep the money rolling in. Donations to Catholic charities declined after the “refugee crisis” debacle.

• piper567 says:

BKR, seems to me that tax status needs to be looked into…
                You are correct, of course, and this is really sad… co-operation by the “church” in this assault on America.
                None of the implications of the tax exempt status of the church are enforced any more than any other of our laws are enforced…
                Such “churches” defy law with impunity bc they are on the side-which-never-sees-justice.

• jmclever says:

When he says eliminate corruption he really means purge of his enemies. Charges of corruption will flow freely without evidence and soon there will be a dictatorship at out southern border more corrupt and just as ruthless as North Korea. Who’s funding this guy? Betcha it’s George Soros in less than 3 degrees of separation.

3. emet says:

Will he eliminate the caste system? Not likely…

• mark4trump says:

I pity the Mexican people if they elect a Marxist into office ***

• jackphatz says:

Especially now that they can’t walk on over at their leisure.

• WSB says:

Do not pity those who vote for him. Would be like hugging Obama voters.

• Brian L says:

I voted for Obama…

• WSB says:

Just think about that for awhile. And longer.

And then do the research on Barry Soetorno to figure out who he was, what gave him the right to run for President, let alone Senator, if he was not eligible from the very beginning.

Before you respond, any father or mother who is a British subject and has a child in or outside the US, that child is a British subject, and has dual citkzenship in the US.

Therefore, Barry Soertorno was a British subject, who would not be a native born American. Ever.

He should never have been authorized to run for anything.

And what homework did you do to understand that you, who IS the Government, expend your authority to vote how you did?

The US only asks one thing of our citizens. It is to be the Government. Our obligation is to render that obligation seriously. How did you do?

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

“any father or mother who is a British subject and has a child in or outside the US, that child is a British subject, and has dual citkzenship in the US.”

Wow. How long has that been true?

(Asking for a friend 🙂 )…

• WSB says:

Ha! A long time!

• dayallaxeded says:

Don’t think this statement about dual citizenship is correct or at least is lacking key facts. A person born of one UK citizen parent and one USA citizen parent on USA soil (but not if there solely on an assignment from UK government, like a diplomat) would be able, but not mandated, to have USA citizenship under the old naturalization act, like an “anchor baby.” That is not the same as natural born citizen status. A strict USA NBC has absolutely no other citizenship available than USA citizenship at birth (i.e., both parents USA citizens and born on USA soil). This has all been extremely thoroughly discussed and well documented for nearly a decade now. The question of whether one USA citizen parent can confer NBC status on their child, born on USA soil, is really the only possible bit of gray, but if that child is declared with dual citizenship, it gets clearer that he/she isn’t USA NBC, the whole point being completely undivided loyalty. It is beyond me why such simple concepts continue to get so twisted up.

• Kristin says:

WSB: Right on! Right on!

• Southern Son says:

I too, am a Bryan L.
            But me thinks, shame on you.
            So Glad, you saw the Error of your ways.
            If you did it Twice, dont tell me.
            A Trump Vote is exoneration enough.
            I admit, along with Millions of others, that pulling the lever for Mitt n Pukehead, was like french kissing a moccasin.
            But I saw ObaMao as an IslamaCommy, way back then.
            I’ll stand by you now, as we MAGA!

• dayallaxeded says:

You got your hug when you wised up, assuming you did, since you’re now commenting here. If not, you’re in grave need of some serious tough love and fact-based education.

• barnesto says:

save your pity for the people of this country who will be further violated by the invading hordes escaping this Marxist dictator – his presence will make it for them to claim “asylum”

• margarite1 says:

Their choices aren’t good – either a Marxist who will keep it all for himself and his cronies – or totally corrupt greedy bastards who make sure they keep it all for themselves and their cronies.

I’ve seen the poverty there and it’s really ugly – I would always buy things I didn’t need from the very poor when I used to vacation there every year.

4. mark4trump says:

I pity the Mexican people if they elect a Marxist into office ***

• WSB says:

Mexicans LIKE Marxists…or human sacrifices, anyway. True.

• piper567 says:

Just to be fair, there are many Mexicans who do not like Marxists.
        But there are few Mexicans in power who do not like power, and they are very corrupt.
        I believe those in power in Mexico are even more corrupt than our Congress, FBI and DOJ all rolled together.
        But I did not like maobama, and he was elected.
        I saw little evidence that my fellow Americans, the ones I hang with, liked maobama.
        And I would have argued with any foreigner who suggested that I liked maobama.
        I worked in Mexico City once upon a time. With many Mexicans who held viewpoints ab life in general which were nearly identical to mine.
        I feel very sad for them, just as I feel sad ab what maobama did to my Country.
        Even so, I do believe the general consensus that the Country is in grave danger.
        And a radical turn to Marxists policies may very well decimate the only Mexican Citizens who care for their Country.
        Very sad.

• mark4trump says:

Yes, these are the Mexican patriots that I pity. Just like us having to endure our marxist president, Obama, these poor souls may never escape their coming nightmare.

• mark4trump says:

• There was a reason Trotsky chose Mexico when he parted from Lenin.

• fleporeblog says:

Mexico 🇲🇽 had the 2nd highest number of murders in 2017. Syria was number one. Pena Nieto was promising the same thing before his election.

Our President is absolutely right about Mexico 🇲🇽. The place is a hell hole we need to barricade in with our beautiful WALL!

From the article linked above:

Mexico has recorded its highest homicide rate in years, with the government’s interior ministry reporting there were 29,168 murders in 2017, more than in 2011 at the peak of Mexico’s drug cartel-stoked violence.

The death toll is Mexico’s highest since the government began keeping records in 1997, and shot past 2011’s tally of 27,213 homicides, the Associated Press reports. According to the Interior Department, Mexico’s homicide rate this past year equated with 20.5 murders per 100,000 residents; in 2011, that figure was 19.4.

Mexico President Enrique Pena Nieto had campaigned pledging to end the epidemic of drug cartel violence that plagued the country between 2006 and 2012, but his administration saw only a temporary dip in homicides between 2012 and 2014.

5. conservalicious says:

I’m hoping that Trump can get a NAFTA deal before this guy takes over.

• WSB says:

President Trump should eliminate NAFTA as soon as possible.

• fleporeblog says:

No need WSB! He has ultimately won with NAFTA. He can have his KILLERS negotiate for the next 3 years because he and our country already won!

Here is my post from the other day:

Our President today revealed something that made me realize that he has Mexico 🇲🇽, Canada 🇨🇦, CoC and RINOs completely defeated when it comes to NAFTA. The longer the negotiations take, the better for us. If they want to end the negotiations to stop the bleeding, the better the deal will be for us.

Sundance shared a thread a week or so ago (see below)

In the thread there was a video with a Canadian reporter.

At 1:32 in the clip above, the reporter states that the longer their is uncertainty
        with NAFTA, the more likely companies are going to open up businesses in the USA 🇺🇸 instead of Canada 🇨🇦!

@unseen1 shared comments our President made today in his discussion with Republican Governors and Republican Congressional Members. Our President states what
        the reporter stated. He doesn’t care how long NAFTA takes and here is why:

• WSB says:

Fabulous, Felice!!!!!!

• Turranos says:

Thank you for the clarity. My stance was to kill it off FAST. I fought against politicians when NAFTA was rolling out and I lost at every turn. I am so ready for winning in regards to NAFTA. Turns out that we are winning and I failed to see that! Thanks Fle.

• Great post, Flep!

Americans should also consider how LONG it takes for companies to LEAVE Mexico and MOVE plants to America.
          • Decision-Making cycle … with internal power players resisting to save face/jobs.
          • Search-and-Acquisition cycle to select locations, cut government deals and acquire land.
          • Construction-and-Relocation cycle for facilities.
          • Firing-Hiring-Training cycle for people.
          • Supplier-and-Supply Chain cycle for operations.

All the while companies WATCH and SWEAT the upcoming election of a PREDATORY MARXIST who will TAX, EXTORT and CONFISCATE their Mexican Opertations.

• Rhoda R says:

Agreed – there is no guarantee that a marxist Mexican president would abide by the treaty in any event. Probably will end up nationalizing all American industry in Mexico anyway.

• Steve Herman says:

PDJT made a great point at one of his recent televised WH meetings that w NAFTA negotiations unsettled, no company is going to drop $1B for a new plant south of the border.

6. joeknuckles says:

Remember also that our very own Marxist president, Barack Obama, also promised to clean up corruption in government. He said he would have the most transparent administration in history. He also said he was going to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse. He did the opposite.

7. Suncc49 says:

I hope this guy runs all of the manufacturing base back into the USA lol

8. 4sure says:

MLO is full of crap. Mexico has had corrupt officials for decades. It is a known fact and anyone even remotely paying attention knows it. I’m sure Trump was well aware of the corrupt officials long before he invested there. And I’m willing to bet he made money on his investments.

No, MLO, the reason Trump has a negative impression of Mexico is because it is not any better than a shithole country and if a wall was built to keep the millions of illegals from escaping the shithole country, maybe they would over throw the corrupt officials. That’s why Mexico does not want a wall.

9. Judiciary says:

Oh, great, a Marxist in Mexico. How long before Mexico becomes Venezuela II?

10. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“MLO went on to say his national government would eliminate the decades-long corruption within government and the judicial system. Keep eyes-wide-open; once in office MLO will likely repeat Chavez/Maduro and remove blocks to his agenda including legislative opposition, elections and eventually term limits.”

That sounds like the same swill BHO peddled to the USA to get elected…..

11. joeknuckles says:

Wait just a cotton-picking minute here. Even if the Mexican government was squeaky clean, we still wouldn’t want to allow massive illegal “immigration” into our country. However, corruption is truly at the root of Mexico’s problems and is what is driving so many of their citizens to want to escape. The corruption is also what allows the human and drug trafficking. Yes, they need to clean up their corruption but they need to do so for their own sake, not to impress us.

12. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

seen this article earlier thanks to Sundance retweeting it….and made my comment known.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

but i oops with his name… #smh

Lopez Obrador said not Morena

• MORENA is his “party”. It’s an acronym: MOvimiento REgeneracion NAcional or National Regeneration Movement. Morena is also slang for “dark skinned person” or woman, in the ending used. Also used to describe mixed blood people usually described as Mestizos. These are the “indian” (The English term used by Mexicans as descriptor) people in Mexico who are the broad base of Obrador’s support. See, clever little marxist twist to racialize the “solution” for “regeneration” in the country. The poster above is right: Mexican corruption (created by the PRI, now about to lose power) is the gold standard, assiduously followed, frankly, by American corruptocrats of all sides. The whole thing is sad. I’m married to this mess.

13. joeknuckles says:

If AM LO, or MLO, or whatever his name is, wants to clean up corruption, he can start with the illegal immigration and the drug trafficking. Then maybe we can talk. Hell, he may actually want to build the wall to keep his subjects from escaping.

14. alliwantissometruth says:

ATTENTION: All Illegal Aliens In the USA
    Soon To Be Free Stuff In Mexico. Get Over the Border Quickly Before the Wall Is Built and You Too Can Be a Beneficiary in the Wonderful New Utopian Paradise
    Free Everything, and Shiny Unicorns Too!

• olderwiser21 says:

Kinda reminds me of those gals who were so excited when Barry got into office because it meant free phones and never having to pay their mortgages again. Yay! Good times!

15. scott467 says:

“Today, front-runner MLO told an audience in Rosarito (Baja California peninsula) that President Trump’s bad experiences investing in Mexico, and encountering corrupt officials throughout government, were likely the reason for his negative view of the country.”

______________

Yeah, it could be that.

Or it could be the same reason everyone else has a negative view of Mexico, because it’s a failed narco-terror state.

Dude, your country is a 4th world basket-case run by drug cartels more vicious than ISIS, they just don’t get the same publicity.

But yeah, besides that, Mexico is a great place.

16. scott467 says:

“MLO went on to say his national government would eliminate the decades-long corruption within government and the judicial system.”

______________________

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I gotta question, Mr. Kotter!

Can you name a single country, in the history of the world, where a Marxist government EVER eliminated corruption?

• scott467 says:

I mean, if your plan is that a Marxist take over Mexico to eliminate corruption, if that is even possible, shouldn’t there be at least one example in all the world where that’s actually happened before?

If it has never happened before, how is your brand of Marxism going to be any different?

Do you understand that Marxism, as an ideology, was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions of people in the last hundred years?

So what’s the plan?

Are you gonna just pick out the ‘good parts’ of the ideology of death and oppression known as ‘Marxism’ and cast all the rest away?

If so, which parts are the ‘good parts’ of Marxism?

• scott467 says:

Are there any ‘good parts’ of Marxism?

Which planks of the Communist Manifesto are the good ones, Senor Obrador?

• piper567 says:

scott, Haven’t you heard?
        Its never been done right before; never had the right Leader.

• svenwg says:

Yup, their excuse for the failure of Marxism worldwide is that wherever it has been tried the head honcho became a tyrant and derailed the Marxist agenda.

They seem to be unable to understand that is was because Marxism was actually implemented correctly that there would be, by necessity and design, a tyrant created to keep the subjects oppressed.

• jonvil says:

YEP!
          All they have to do is double down on stupid to get different results.

• dagnyshrug says:

Scott, He only need be moderately convincing to spur a mass migration of American Marxists to Mexico. Once we build the wall, they won’t be able to come back. Double-win!

• trialbytruth says:

All of them they line up all the corrupt politicians ( that would be all of them) Shoot them and then start over. After the purge comes a new constitution endorsing President for Life.

Its for the little people

• Rhoda R says:

I expect that will be MA LOs first step. THEN he will install his own corrupt officials to take over the corruption. How he deals with the drug cartels will be interesting – will he coopt them as his new shock troops?

• He cannot coopt them. He can only partner with them, and there are basically two flavors: Narcos and Zetas. Narcos are the suited, slick movers who rig things politically and have some ability to think and pursuade, always supported by their easy use of violence. The Zetas are the former punks from the shitty neighborhoods who were recruited to be the hired guns of the Narcos. Murder machines who were cunning enough to start using their violence for themselves and throw off their Narco bosses. Obrador will partner with them and the blood will flow freely.

• CirclinTheDrain says:

He will use the cartels to give him money and kill any political rivals. Just like any other 3rd world hellhole.

• dayallaxeded says:

TbT, you shoulda put a “Spoiler Alert” before your post. Now we all know how the story’s going to end! Almost 100% certain you’re right, btw.

17. cyrus83 says:

Since Marxists tend to believe that their people should stick around to enjoy the awesomeness of their policies, any chance Obrador starts building a wall or secures the border to keep his people from leaving? That would obviously make leftist heads start exploding on this side of the border, besides the sheer irony of a Marxist true-believer down south upsetting the Marxist plans of his compatriots up north.

18. bkeyser says:

In my business, MLO is “main lug only”. Somehow, I think it applies.

19. missilemom says:

So if the promise of give away draws illegals back into Mexico before we build the wall and shut down the border, I guess I am ok with this honeypot.

20. woohoowee says:

Can we hurry up and send all the illegals home?

21. OnlyInAmerica says:

Labrador’s words reek of deception.

• scott467 says:

“Labrador’s words reek of deception.”

_________________

People have been saying that about Marxists since… well, since Marx!

• piper567 says:

scott, and we have been saying it ab Congress, well, since Trump was elected.
        sundance, I believe, coined the word “decepticons” for a reason.

22. Beenthere says:

Does anyone really think that the cartels who have the army and police in their pockets will let Obrador make Mexico into Venezuela? I mean seriously, Mexico is almost as poor as Yemen and Venezuela was far from it when Chavez took over in the late 1990s.

What wealth from their tiny middle class is there to rob from? Not much.

• scott467 says:

“Does anyone really think that the cartels who have the army and police in their pockets will let Obrador make Mexico into Venezuela?”

_______________

I am confident that if Senor Obrador wins, it will only be because he is already owned by the cartels.

• “Does anyone really think . . .” YES! They pick the bones and call it good.

23. The Defiant One says:

We kind of the need the Wall ASAP… and 10 more feet higher!

If this Marxist bag of fecal matter wins all he will bring is BIBLICAL levels of pain and suffering that will eventually find it’s way here unless we have the Wall up.

24. MAGAnomics says:

Phew… That’s a relief.
    It’s not like Marxist regimes are known for corruption.
    Over 129 million dead in just the last 70 years.

25. jindfw says:

What a lot of us don’t see is that there is no comparison between the US and Mexico. For years, Mexico has been plagued with the government and legal system have been owned by those in power- i.e.. rich or cartel. The people have zero power. AMLO is a Mexican nationalist. He’s telling the people who are fed up with the current political abomination that Mexico is that he’s going to change it. Is that winning potential votes? Absolutely. Will his rhetoric succeed in making real change- doubtful. He’ll likely see a bullet before he can have chance.

26. Jesuit Catholic Church in S America

Communists from 1600’s to now.

Marxist are Commies who think they are upper class commies!

Cuban Troops will move from Venezuela to Mexico now!

The fact is this new commie wave will be so bad the wall and gun carting troopsvwill be the only cure!

27. MLO is going to clean up Mexico?
    Good luck with that. You have corruption everywhere you look.
    The local police and the local Government are totally corrupt and it just gets worse further up the food chain from there.

The Wall needs to expedited. Every man, woman and child should be sent to lend a hand.
    We may even have to consider putting more troops on the border.
    Unless anybody thinks that the Cartels will just go away and close shop, things are going to get ugly fast.
    The money to support that drug operation has to come from somewhere.

You can expect more drugs crossing the border. More money going back into Mexico and more violence to get that accomplished.
    On the Mexican side you can expect new all time records for murder that will make 29k look like the good old days.

28. Mark Johnson says:

99% of the Mexicans are decent hard working people. They are exasperated by their version of the swamp. Unfortunately they don’t have a DJT like we do. Their political infrastructure is rotten to the core the rich and the corrupt prosper. The Mexicans have historically rallied behind a rural underdog type savior, be it a Poncho Villa, a Zapata or a Benito Juarez. I’d go so far as to say that many of the earlier versions of the drug cartel leaders could be lumped into this category (Jesus Malverde is an example of the sainthood betrothed by this early narco outlaw). They are looking for a Robin Hood to stick it to the man. The Mexican govt is sick sick sick. The people desperately need a change, but like I said they don’t have a Trump, this is why they are going for a socialist. They don’t know the trouble they’re getting themselves into, they are looking for an immediate end to the corruption. I know it won’t be any better for them, in fact it’s going to be worse, but in their desperation they are gasping and grasping for a straw.

• piper567 says:

Mark, thanks for the input.
      I agree with you, and am sad for the Mexican people who actually love their Country.
      I have worked with them. Such folk do exist.
      Its a very sad situation when hope fades.
      And hope will probably fade…the chances of a Revolution are very poor; the people cannot defend themselves.

• Decent hard working people who steal from each other and kill each other’s children for a $500 ransom. Think about it.

• piper567 says:

AF…you are talking ab who you are taking ab.
        To assign evil or immoral intentions to every Mexican is reprehensible.
        That’s akin to identifying all Americans with The Resistance scum.
        I have thought ab it.
        I worked in Mexico City, and worked with Citizens who love their Country and have no delusions ab their corrupt Government.
        Sorta like some Americans I know.

• When it is necessary to live with metal bars on windows to keep your neighbors from breaking in and walking off with the few humble possessions a person owns, you can’t blame the leadership at the top. Corruption is pervasive at all levels.

29. Obs says:

“The U.S. will have a Hugo Chavez ideologue at our southern border.”
    This is excellent. Could not be better for the Wall……or the idea of the Wall, which is all we have as we speak.

What’s really need is some US border patrol / military/ rancher firefights with Mexican police or military…asap please.

30. Obs says:

needed

31. Paul Killinger says:

But will he survive the Carteles…?

32. Flash point will be when an small Mexican Army unit hires out to help a cartel move a big load of dope across the border and get into a gun fight with our National Guard guys.!

33. PS the cartels pay off Mexican Army and police for U S intel and to find out our border patrol tactics!

34. Stab, the unstoppable hero says:

This is rich. If this clown is a REAL marxist he will be dead pronto. Unless, of course, he makes a deal with the crime cartels to split the take. The only way Maduro hasn’t had his fat ass blown off by now is that the citizens in Venezuela had their weapons confiscated. Or turned them in like sheep. I know Mexico some too, and any real honest-to-goodness communist politician won’t last 10 minutes unless he’s a mayor of some dinky town in the middle of nowhere. All this guy has to do is pretend to be Bernardo Sanders until the election is over and then he can start putting up a new house on the lake paid for by American junkies.

35. littlequilterkitty says:

Question: Since when does a Marxist eradicate corrruption? Marxisim/communisim is the epitome of corruption!

36. littlequilterkitty says:

37. Which is harder, to clean up Mexico’s government, or clean up the F.B.I.?

38. noswamp says:

They restricted citizens with guns into oblivion in 1971, it was a slow race to the bottom ever since. From WIKI: As a result of the changes to Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution( in 1971) and the enactment of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives, openly carrying a firearm or carrying a concealed weapon in public is virtually forbidden to private citizens, unless explicitly authorized by the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA). For purposes of personal protection, firearms are only permitted within the place of residence and of the type and caliber permitted by law. (You are under house arrest until you leave the home without your firearm: good luck with that).
    Bye bye Ms. Mexican Pie, drove the Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry…beautiful people, terrible government.

39. Daniel says:

On one hand, there are two things I like about this: First is that marxists tend to keep their people under control and the second is that he will address Mexico’s problem with corruption as a culture.

On the other hand, those seeking asylum in the US will have a more legitimate claim — “poverty asylum” is not a legitimate claim and I very much hope any policy or regulatory basis for that claim has already been removed under Trump.

40. KBR says:

AmLo, Am Low, very low

Wants to create Mexizuela.

41. MVW says:

Mexico can’t be Venezuela because there is no massive oil to prop it up so economy collapse will be swift. Drugs and their smuggling will become the low tech ‘oil’ economy prop up. Finally, Mexicans flooding US border will accelerate. I think the wall must be expedited. I hope I am wrong.

• Deb says:

Their economy is based on drugs, tourism, and remittances from the US.

Build the wall and deport the illegal immigrants. They’ll be forced to clean up their act to attract more tourism.

• Daniel says:

Mexico is oil but it’s a great many other things as well. “Remittances” are monies in some liquid state moving from the US to Mexico which are ostensibly family members sending money across the border. What a great portion of this may well be is cash for the drugs which are being sent over into the US. But as had been point out here long ago, in the Mexican economy, remittances have now eclipsed the Mexican petroleum trade.

That’s a big deal. Once they go full-communist, the USA will have a very big problem. As I attempted to point out above, when Mexico starts starving and murdering people, every illegal alien from Mexico becomes a justifiable asylum seeker by the most fundamental and traditional definitions.

That’s a HUGE problem where it comes to legalizing the illegals.

42. Southern Son says:

EXPEDITE THE WALL!!!
    I’ll buy as many bricks as OT will afford!

43. Kerry_On says:

ABSOLUTELY!!! Get that wall up NOW!! Mexicans were pouring over the border in the GOOD times. Soon, like Venezuelans, they will be desperate for things like toilet paper. They are voting with the same mentality that brought them to our doorstep already – Looking for FREE sh*t!

44. JAS says:

We should start one of those donate pages or whatever they are called and pay for the wall ourselves. For those of you not around then go look up what happened when Castro took over Cuba. there weren’t enough boats to flee for Miami and the Keys.

It was total mayhem, starting with the richer ones. Once the richer people left Cuba it was doomed.

45. sDee says:

Should AMLO win, it is because he is a pawn in the globalists next move on Trump.

Who they’ve chosen for Columbia’s presidency is another one to watch. Soros has all his ducks in a row there to control the now legal marijuana production for export to US states. Columbia’s FARC “Peace” agreement set FARC up in their congress, assassinated hundreds of local leaders and created convenient crises in the mountain regions.

46. 335blues says:

Communism on the march.
    Hillary Clinton was to be the other, and substantially, bigger piece in the marxist puzzle taking shape in the western hemisphere.
    Can you even begin to imagine where America would be right now if the witch clinton
    had won?
    Thank GOD that it is not so, and thank GOD for the election of Donald Trump.
    America MUST dismantle the marxist apparatus that has been allowed to grow in the
    federal government. Not only the DOJ and FBI are afflicted, but so many other departments
    like the State dept., the dept. of education, etc.
    We have much work to do.

47. Lanna says:

Rosarito is about 10 miles from the U.S. border, used to be a suburb of Tiajuana. Big party town, tourists from the U.S. bar hop and taco stand hop 24/7.

Hope his event drew illegals from the U.S., hope they were unable to get back.

• Sneaky Pete says:

We’ll probably get the cream of the crop of Mexican society moving to the US if Obrador is elected. They’ll come with resources and education. This will hurt Mexico enormously.

• joshua says:

and an arrogant sense of self importance and NO respect for the USA culture nor institutions. Rich Mexicans are the WORST.

• piper567 says:

Sneaky, that’s pretty much what happened when the Ayatollahs took over in Iran.
        Couple I know well both in the medical field, just barely made it out.
        And I met an MD in San Diego who barely made it out, an said lots of his colleagues fled as soon as The Shah’s demise became inevitable. University Professors.
        They had the money to flee.
        Don’t know how Trump policy affects all of this potential human movement.

• Daniel says:

Are you saying “they’re sending their best…”? Maybe… maybe not. The way things are working out in the US, it’s the richest people who are behind most of the leftist activities. I suspect their most wealthy and powerful people will be invited to participate in power as well.

48. Sneaky Pete says:

There will be no Venezuela on our southern border, Obrador notwithstanding, just as there will never be a totally democratic free Ukraine. Geography is destiny.

49. Jane Smith says:

On the bright side, one of the first things that Chavez did to gain power was to “Nationalize” private corporations. This causes them to flee the country and might drive manufacturing back into the US.

50. joshua says: