April 13th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #449

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,324 Responses to April 13th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #449

1. citizen817 says:

Press Conference~Syria

2. BuckeyeForTrump says:

We are going to strike Syria. Sick at my stomach. Prayers for Pres. Trump as he takes us down this road. Pray all of you who are prayer warriors, pray this does not lead us down a dark, dark road of more war. I had hoped this would not be the way things played out. I support our POTUS and always will.

3. Pam says:

Here is the RSBN’s feed for POTUS’ announcement re: Syria. When you click on the feed you will see a live shot of the podium where POTUS will be speaking.

4. Bull Durham says:

Colonel MacGregor is on with Tucker and explaining the Lie and Falsehood of this strike.
    He knows military BS.

• WSB says:

I really am interested in this Colonel. Says PT is getting bad advice from the globalists.

• piper567 says:

I guess I am to suppose all of a sudden think Trump is a dummy?
        Hmmm, gonna have to work on that for a while.

• WSB says:

I believe he had a decisive understanding on globalism and the constant war game.

The Syria bombing will always be controversial to some, but he does understand the ‘Deep State’ and international forces’ mission to cripple America. Most other retired military brass seem to chirp about constant action. He did not.

5. WSB says:

Live feed. Eagle on the left mantel and yellow and white roses on the right.

6. linda4298 says:

https://spectator.org/how-comey-lied-about-spying-on-trump-tower/ Think about that: Comey, with the Carter Page warrant in hand (which gave Comey the power to rifle through Trump Tower communications both past and future), planted a story in the Times, designed to make Trump look like a lunatic, that makes use of a Clapper quote Comey knew to be false. What a weasel. And he knew that he could get away with it, confident that the ruling class would cover for him and split semantic hairs in his favor.

In a just age, Comey would have the book thrown at him, not be writing one. It is a measure of our skewed times that an unelected charlatan could subvert the elected chief executive and then emerge from his subversion as a celebrated expert on constitutional loyalty. Samuel Johnson would call Comey’s “higher loyalty” the last refuge of a scoundrel.

7. Bull Durham says:

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE bankroll ISIS, Jaish al Islamn, al Nusra and FSA terrorists.
    They are no friend of Christianity or Freedom.

The US did 10% of the fight against ISIS. Claiming more is a joke.
    Aside from blasting Raqqa to rubble, they did not fight one other battle anywhere, not one city, not one village, not one settlement.

Same in Iraq. They spent one year bombing Mosul. Hardly any other fight against ISIS.

8. wtd says:

Bongino’s on fire with this podcast….must listen ….a few rough notes from beginning of program posted below illustrating the long standing political ties within the swamp. Listen to whole thing for much more!

9. phoenixRising says:

10. lawrencepaul1 says:

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.
    The deep state won.

• BuckeyeForTrump says:

It is with a heavy heart my fellow long time poster here on the CTH that I say you are 100% right. The deep state has won. I will stick by our POTUS as I said I would. But, my heart is heavy for sure.

• phoenixRising says:

This is not the most intelligent of your comments. You are reacting emotionally, believing something has transpired that perhaps has not. I am as anti-war as you… however I sense something else going on… could be wrong, but going to give it 24 hrs. before I decide. Suggest you do the same. (I say this in kindness, not meaning to argue with you, or negate your opinion. I read all your comments and believe you to have exceptional insight, just on this I implore you to give some time 24 hrs? before coming to this conclusion that POTUS has been fooled.)

A Master Strategist , who is also quite skilled at working under the radar does NOT show his hand…

Here’s a thread you might find interesting… the author is quite bright – in my humble opinion… (having difficulty gatherin right tweets to thread – you might want to check out his twitter also

11. Dekester says:

Whiners whine.

PDJT is one incredible President. It is too bad that so many put their own egos first.

PDJT has yet to make one knee jerk reaction to anything.

God bless PDJT

12. phoenixRising says:

13. phoenixRising says:

14. covfefe999 says:

I’m trying to get a feel for the complaints coming from some of the commenters. Are the complaints due to the belief that the chemical attacks did not really happen?? I trust Trump.

• Michelle says:

It seems so.

• phoenixRising says:

many of us supported Trump because we are anti-war… we have followed Zero’s war against Syria… some believe POTUS has been sucked into war, given bad advice, beaten by the Deep State

I am not of the opinion we are beaten… trying to understand what POTUS has ordered/not ordered and simply what is going on… see my post above to Paul

15. AmericaFirst says:

This is my first comment on the Syrian bombing. I have a question which may immediately reveal my complete ignorance on the subject:

For the sake of argument, lets assume Assad did use chemical weapons on his own people, that the strikes will be targeted and accurate to said target – doesn’t bombing a chemical weapons laboratory or warehouse still release further chemical weapons? I am really trying to figure out how this improves a situation.

16. Jim Smith says:

I had been as skeptical as anyone about the confidence in the intel pinning this on Syria.
    I think that has now been established. If these were in fact barrel bombs, it’s not that tough to have good intel on where the planes came from. I trust POTUS on this. If you are listening to Mattis now, he discusses taking out the chemical research and manufacturing capability. Again, I’d expect that we had good intel on this.

17. covfefe999 says:

According to Bernie Sanders’ twitter, “The Arizona Supreme Court recently took away in-state tuition for DACA students,” If correct, GOOD.

18. phoenixRising says:

19. phoenixRising says:

twitter thread

20. LM says:

Reading this it looks like Iran’s involvment is a factor that is being addresse and may figue into the decision in more ways than we can know.

Therefore, though I have aleays thought that we should not target Assad, the fact that Iran is so deeply involved makes me think again.

Because I don’t have access to the Intelligence, I will reserve judgement and maintain staunch support for my President.

This I know, Christians around the world are better off with President Trump than with any Democrat heading our government. The left have aligned themselves with the Muslim Brotherhood.

21. blognificentbee says:

So much going on tonight, so my apologies for posting this on Prez thread…but I don’t care. I can, after six months, see responses to my comments again (bell symbol loading)! Yay, yay, yay!!!! “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

I felt like a schmuck for not responding to unseen comments for so long!!! Victory on WordPress! And guess what, I did nothing…it just happened. Oh happy day!

Happy rant ended…back to Syria reading. God Bless Our President.

• blognificentbee says:

Oops, sorry for the mid-rant Mattis quote…late night typing.

• alligatriot says:

Mattis quotes are always appropriate, no matter the time of day or location within a rant!
        Happy you and WordPress have worked things out.

• piper567 says:

bee…I have found that considering WP as a cranky Uncle makes its mystifying actions a bit more tolerable.
      Glad Uncle WP has decided to side with you!
      I have had Uncle WP let me like one week, and then not allow me to like the next.
      No rhyme or reason.
      sigh.

22. phoenixRising says:

anyone else feeling temporary adrenal fatigue?
    this has been some day!

and there are many more days like this to come…

23. George Webb went through all channels to discover who was finally answerable to the Awans getting and keeping access to Congressional computers and to protecting them even after it was learned of their drug/arms/human trafficking/organ trafficking, along with countless D.C. elected officials and government employees.

We noticed that Louie Gohmert was about the only one willing to talk about it. George learned that Paul Ryan not only had the ultimate responsibility, but told Congress people not to speak about the Awans with anyone.

Run, Ryan, run! We’ll catch you.

Uh ho. Andrew McCabe has also bought properties in five key drug-running states and George is following up.

24. alligatriot says:

And just like that, the word “comey” disappeared from view.

25. Charlotte says:

Are Democrats creating sympathy for Trump?
    Mueller has gone too far.

26. Charlotte says:

Look who wrote this and look at the date. Now ask why Pres Trump pardoned Libby.

Libby trial shows dangers of political prosecutions
    By Victoria Toensing — 04/15/15 02:30 PM EDT