Thursday March 29th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

239 Responses to Thursday March 29th – Open Thread

1. Lucille says:

Shannon Bream helps dying boy connect with ‘The Avengers’

2. Kenji says:

ONE more reason to pull your children out of the public schools …https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/03/29/tastebugs-helping-children-accept-the-consumption-of-climate-friendly-insects/comment-page-1/#comments

The schools are teaching your kids to … eat bugs

You just can’t make this sh*t up anymore. The leftist eco-loons have jumped the shark, long ago.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Marx did not believe in the Nukelar Family.

One of the lines of action, long-term, for the Marxists is to weaken the institutions by which our prevailing “cultural hegemony” stays in “power,” “oppressing” everyone.

The Nukelar Family is one of those institutions. So, the Marxists are working through schools, now at all levels, to put a rift between parents and children.

My kids come home from elementary school and admonish me not to “waste” water. Say, by letting the tap run as I brush my teeth.

So, now the kid has two ideas: one, the kid has some obligation to “save the planet,” and two, “Dear Old Dad is part of the problem.”

In my view, that is where this stuff is coming from. I see it as the same campaign as the Reds working to have all kindergartners take a diversity pledge, question their gender identity, etc.

• Kenji says:

25 years ago, we hired the 12yo girl at the end of the culdesac to babysit our small children while the wife and I went out. When we arrived home, she chastised us for having a dripping faucet in our tub (a worn out washer in the 1948 tub faucet).

No, we never hired her ever again … I am willing to bet that she thought we were just “mean” for hiring another girl across the street.

3. TatonkaWoman says:

Today is National Vietnam Veterans Day. If you know a Vietnam vet, please give them some special recognition today. Never were any Americans who were sent into battle on the order of their President ever given such horrendous treatment upon returning home.

4. BigMamaTEA says:

USA vs State of California…….ORDER DENYING DEFENDANTS’ MOTION
    TO TRANSFER

5. backwoodsgirl123 says:

BREAKING!!!

David Hogg Changes Story, Wasn’t At School When Cruz Opened Fire

• nikkichico7 says:

Drip … drip … drip … the truth wills out …. bwahahahahahah

What a PUD!!

• Kenji says:

Let’s just say that my hunches … my instincts … are about 95% correct. I told the wife that I didn’t believe the kid was at school … because he is a Senior (and evidently not a very diligent student). I told the wife, that when I was a senior … I didn’t HAVE a last-period class. I was off campus by 2:00P. The shooting took place just a few minutes before the FINAL bell. I told the wife that I was at my gas station job (working for $1.90/hr) during the last period. The wife said she was at the donut store (her job) during the last period, when she was a senior.

I am not surprised.

But WHY did NONE of the “geniuses” in the Press bother to think LOGICALLY and ask to look at this kid’s Senior class schedule? Oh yeah … the Press no longer looks for the TRUTH, but they are leftist mouthpieces. Thank God for … alternate … media.

6. nikkichico7 says:

Okay here’s MY dogs for Happy Cursday … I don’t know I might wind up with more so look out 😜
    (🤫 and one kid incognito …. 😉)

• nikkichico7 says:

Bwahahahahahah … kid stealth mode …. bwahahahahahah

• Rynn69 says:

So adorable! I had two Dalmatians years ago when I was in college – named Cassie and Chessie respectively. They were SO ENERGETIC! They both also had one brown eye and one blue eye which I guess is a rather common trait in Dalmatians. Yours are adorable and your little baby too! 🙂

• nikkichico7 says:

It’s cool you had two Dalmatians. Aren’t they born w/o spots: white and the spots show up as they puppies get a little older? If I’m wrong and you laugh it’s ok 😛
        Also the picture is not my dogs or kiddie …. it’s a stock photo from the web … I apologize I may have been misleading in saying “my dogs for today” 😔
        But I’d like to have a dog 😃

• Bakokitty says:

That is so adorable! Lol, love it❤️

7. Lucille says:

Jack Buckby: The FACTS about Cadbury’s Easter halal controversy
    Rebel Media

8. nikkichico7 says:

And this dog too, … maybe the the cat … he’s being rather nice so ….

Well … that’s enough for now … I’m dogged tired 😝

9. amwick says:

This ticked me off. I have tried to pay no attention to the young fool from Parkland… but he went after Laura Ingrams, and now her sponsors have backed out.

10. nikkichico7 says:

Ummmm, ….. heh-heh

Bwahahahahahah …. they’re mine all mine … today ☺️🌸❤️💕

11. Sepp says:

Nick Sayers wrote a lengthy article called that explores, in detail, some linguistic history and usage of the word “Easter” (and refers to similar words in other Germanic languages). It also examines some faulty claims made in the 19th century by Alexander Hislop.

The article has multiple highlights and internal links that might make it extra challenging to read at first, but it is worth reading and studying.

Hopefully other reputable scholars are able to clarify and add to the accuracy of this piece.

The article “Why we should not Passover Easter” is preceded by two videos that convey the same content, but not as well as the printed article.

12. nikkichico7 says:

Bwa ….. oh here

• nikkichico7 says:

Ummm, ahhhh, …. 😐🧐 … this clip isn’t for Sepp’s post! Gosh no it is meant for the Cursday post above his. Oh my gosh nooooo 😮😑🤭😞 … sorry 😔

13. Jeff Sessions revealed today that he appointed John W. Huber as Special Prosecutor. Huber has been investigating alleged wrongdoing by the FBI and Justice Department since July.

Sessions heads the Justice Department. It prosecutes federal crimes.

14. nwtex says:

15. nwtex says:

• auscitizenmom says:

This is so stupid. “Don’t drink coffee, but, here, hang out with illegal thieves and murders.”

• nwtex says:

And get stuck with the thousands of discarded needles, used for heroin and other drugs, that are strewn all around the streets, beaches, buses, private property, parking lots, public bathrooms and just everywhere. ugh.

16. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

17. Badger 1 says:

So former SCOTUS Justice J P Stevens wants to repeal the Second Amendment. Silly me! I had thought our rights as Americans were unalienable. . . Wait! I still do!