Sunday March 18th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to Sunday March 18th – Open Thread

1. Tiffany windows, and Tiffany and Lalique decorative arts and jewelry, set to Concerto For Flute, Oboe and Viola in E major 2 Allegro, Christopher Hogwood.

• bessie2003 says:

Tiffany is such a harbinger of Spring and this video/music is beautiful.

It was while staying with family after my husband’s passing, years ago, we visited the Morse Museum in Winter Park, Florida which is all things Tiffany, including the beautiful chapel. His painting, Allegory of Spring, was so inspiring, one of those right thing and the right moment experiences, that reminds us that Spring is always going to appear, no matter what darkness has occurred.

Spring is just a few days from now, here is his painting “Allegory of Spring”, thanks for your uplifting video.

• First, my deepest sympathies on the loss of your husband. May life always provide you with the snowdrops that presage spring. I’m so very glad you liked the video, and I did so enjoy that image. I hadn’t found it in my searching. Thank you.

2. citizen817 says:

3. Garrison Hall says:

Well, since it’s still cold out . . .

4. No Agenda says:

#DACADON 🙂

5. Lucille says:

Have a beautiful Sunday….
    “Serenata D 957” by Orquesta Sinfonica

6. Lucille says:

Happy Equus Caballus Day…

“Funny Horse Videos”

7. Lucille says:

Sunday, November 11, 2018 will mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. That day was once called and celebrated as “Armistice Day.” I hope The White House is planning some special recognition for Americans who died and were maimed in that horrible war.

1918: American soldiers paying tribute to all the horses who lost their lives during WWI…

8. nwtex says:

awww 😍 💕

• Janie M. says:

This is a pic. of a stray who saved American lives in Afghanistan. From the various pics I have found over at Pinterest, he is not the only one who protected our troops. I’m glad he was brought to the US. The Afghanis, don’t treat dogs humanely over there and a number of our military have been able to ship these dog to their homes (can’t remember the name of the organization that made it possible) because those canines ended up serving as sentries for them. Sorry his pic is a bit disturbing because he was injured. His story:

“Rocky, a stray dog in Afghanistan, heroically saved US soldiers from suicide bomber. He survived the blast and was later rescued and taken back home with one of the men he saved.”

• Janie M. says:

P.S. These strays were not trained to be the sentries. I think they instinctively knew who the good guys were. Our troops would feed and treat them kindly, even allowing them to sleep in their quarters.

• dayallaxeded says:

That’s the strangest looking coloration/markings I’ve seen on a dog! Shows to go ya can’t judge a book by its cover. God bless him and all the k9 and equine heroes!

• Janie M. says:

dayallaxeded, actually, when you see a number of photos of the dogs (such as Rocky) in Afghanistan, they have similar markings and coloration. I say this based upon what I have seen over at Pinterest.

• Janie M. says:

dayallaxeded, I suspect Rocky’s coat is covered in blood and primarily the dirt that blew all over from the bomb, making his body fur appear lighter. Here is a pic of a female dog and her pups, which a group of reservists from NY brought to the States…look at the mom, in the back, she has the same facial markings, similar color fur as Rocky.

“Seven puppies and their mom rescued and reunited with the National Guard troops who cared for them in Afghanistan”

• Lucille says:

Another animal military hero. Thanks, nwtex and Janie!

9. Dora says:

Letitia Marion Hamilton – Interior of Christchurch Cathederal, Dublin (1911)

• andeclain says:

Many thanks. I was there a fair few years back to pay respect to Jonathan Swift who was the Dean there. There is a memorial plaque to him on the right of the picture, probable a pillar further back, if my memory serves. It is a very prayerful and peaceful church in the middle of the city bustle.

10. smiley says:

Shadowlands II

oil/canvas

(no date)

Vapor

oil/canvas

(no date)

artist : Renato Muccillo ~ Canadian ~ (b.1965, Vancouver, Italian parents) ~ Contemporary~ Tonal Realism (Tonalism) ~ Landscapes

he also paints “Miniatures”…very small, exquisite oil landscapes

more beautiful work, here…

(hover over, then click on any of the 3 images you see, to open up more of that category.)

🙂

11. Dora says:

Washington D.C. is a beautiful city. It’s only the Swamp Creatures that make it appear ugly at times.

===

Cherry Blossom Forecast 2018: Washington, D.C.’s Peak Bloom Is Arriving Early

12. Bob Thoms says:

Born this day………..German Composer Georg Schmezer, 1642.

13. cdnintx says:

Has anyone heard from TrumpSoldier@DaveNYviii ? He posted so many great threads and has done some amazing research. Just hoping he is okay and maybe just taking a break? He stopped posting cold turkey on twitter on Feb. 18th. Just thought perhaps Sundance might know.

14. Anyone watching March Madness? Been a blast this weekend.

15. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
    2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

16. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

17. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2018
    Do You Have the Spiritual Eyes to See?

18. Happy Sunday to all Treepers! Pray for the safety of our President. Deep state vs GOD! He is the one they have to fight! They are Godless greedy pathetic people! No conscience! Kill for their pocketbook!

19. Yorkie says:

Had to share this with you

20. JohnP says:

I’m still laughing at this one…..

“I’ll make a mockery of your court. I’m a sovereign citizen, mother***ker. American born sovereign citizen,” James Linville left this message for the local sheriff when he discovered they were investigating his fake veteran’s charity. If fact Linville left 30 messages threatening the the local sheriff.

Linville is now facing 68 counts in FEDERAL court. Each count caries a possible 20 yr. maximum sentence, without parole.

Lesson: Yell at a sheriff long enough and the local prosecutor will gladly step aside and let the feds step in.

21. Bob Thoms says:

I recently sent a confectionery gift to a very discerning family member who gave very high praise to the toffee sweet and the packaging. I thought I would pass this along if you are looking for a gift to order. The company is family owned, located in Colorado and dates back to 1913.

22. Lucille says:

It looks like southern California….
    A Train Ride from Tel Aviv to Haifa, Israel. August 2017

23. oldiadguy says:

Election Day in the Russian Federation.

Be sure to scroll down and look at some of the photos. The Russians sure do elections differently that the rest of us.

Take Care and Stay Safe

24. Sepp says:

On the Fourth Sunday of the Great Fast, the Orthodox Church today commemorates Saint John of the Ladder (also known as St. John Klimakos / Climacus). He lived in the Sinai Desert (Monastery of Saint Catherine) and reposed early in the 7th century.

He wrote a book – “The Ladder of Divine Ascent” – that became a classic on the Christian life (30 steps or chapters) of wise insights for both monastics and laypeople. The steps are for rooting out passions and vices and replacing them with virtues, the chief being love for God and one’s neighbor.

A very good article that is not too technical is at the following link to the Monastery of Saint Edward the Royal Martyr in England.

25. I am so disgusted and furious right now – 25 horses found dead and in various states of decay at a farm outside Hebron, MD. The Sheriff’s department and Animal Control had been called to this same farm dozens and dozens of times due to horses getting out and onto neighbors’ property, at one point even removing “several hundred” cats, yet never once really checked on the status of these horses????? Owner of the property is a woman named Barbara Pilchard. WARNING – GRAPHIC PHOTOS/VIDEO

26. A woman was in tears when she was stopped by a law enforcement officer who pulled her over for speeding. A week later she was shocked by what she found in the mail. Here’s what she wrote on Facebook.

Gina Penny-Headen:
    Last week I was pulled over for going 65 in a 55. The officer took my license and registration. While I sat and waited I was reminiscing about my dad like always lately. The officer returned to my car and said its your lucky day, we were born on the same day and year, slow down and have a good day. I smiled and said thank you. He walked away and I broke down and started crying. Thinking he was back in his car. He surprised me and tapped on my window asking if I was ok. I told him I was sad, I just lost my dad. He said take a minute and breath. He talked to me a minute then helped me back into traffic. Today I received this beautiful card in the mail.

Thank you Deputy Dan Hill #227 of St. Clair County Sheriffs Department

This was what she saw.”

27. There is that “safe schools initiative” again! If you live in New Jersey – MOVE!!!!

EXCERPTS: “Two students have been disciplined after pictures of them at the gun range came out.

Lacey Township, NJ – An attorney from a New Jersey gun organization association announced that a lawsuit may be pending after a school disciplined two students for going to a gun range outside of school hours.

Patch.com reported that attorney Daniel Schmutter, with the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, sent a letter to Lacey Township School District officials after two students posted pictures on Snapchat showing them at a gun range.

There was no threatening context to the pictures or anything that would otherwise cause alarm.

In the letter, Schmutter stated that suspending the two students for posting photos off school grounds and unrelated to school activities was a “very serious violation” of the their rights.

Schmutter said the students were both “straight-A” students, according to Patch.com. He also said that the students had attempted to return to school but were not allowed to go to classes.

The claims are that there is a school district policy which prohibits firearm possession by students on or off school grounds.

“These are top-quality kids,” Schumuter said. “It’s astonishing what they have done to these kids.”

According to Patch.com, the Lacey Township school district follows the Safe Schools Initiative, the Zero Tolerance for Guns Act and also has its own zero-tolerance policy for any students who have weapons in their possession, on or off school grounds.

Students could be subject to a long-term suspension for up to one-year, according to Schmutter.”

“Anthony Muro posted the claim of the two students being suspended at 6:23 p.m. March 13 on the Lacey Township Chatter public Facebook group.

“INFO NEEDED: it is my understanding that two students at Lacey Township High School were placed on 5 days of detention for posting pictures on social media of firearms with the caption of “fun day at the range”. If anyone has any more information regarding the validity or accuracy of this story, please let me know. I am currently under the impression that these kids were punished because someone was offended,” Muro posted.

Blue Lives Matter contacted Lacey Township High School and read Muro’s post to Principal Gregory Brandis.

The principal said that Muro’s post was not accurate; however, he said he would not elaborate further and say what exactly was inaccurate because the matter involved high school students.”

“A student responded on the page and said the rumor was true, and that his classmates had been disciplined.

“To those questioning the validity of this situation, this is 100% true, my two class mates posted photos/videos of them at a shooting range, and got in trouble because of it,” John Carr posted.

Jack Pyle, a trustee for the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners, said in an email to Blue Lives Matter that his organization has received reports that students at the school district have been threatened over other gun-related issues.

Pyle said that parents have said their sons have been threatened with suspension, disciplinary action or detentions for similar photos posted on social media and for having NRA logos or similar images on their personal vehicles.”

28. patrickhenrycensored says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

29. Bendix says:

Something I want to share from the church service this evening.
    Tonight the focus was on Israel, and there is a part of the service where parishioners who are moved to do so, say prayers.
    Imagine how thrilled I was, when one congregant’s prayer included thanks to God for a president and vice president who want to understand what God’s mission for them is, in that part of the world (Israel)!
    I keep my political views to myself at church, but it was so heartening to hear that, that a devout Christian would thank God for something Donald Trump is doing.

I also want to mention this item from upstate NY news:
    This is the schools first state championship in anything.
    The school had previously held a rally for Ted Cruz, that’s part of the reason I find it so nice that this year, during Donald Trump’s presidency, they won this statewide recognition.
    I liked seeing the word “Christian” emblazoned across their shirts anyway, but I loved it that the name of their team is the Lions.
    I’ve been like that, since Donald Trump won. I look for signs and portents in everything.

30. Ziiggii says: