The statement tonight by South Korean National Security Adviser Chung Eui-yong is so jaw-dropping in significance it has left the professional diplomatic apparatus stunned.

A year of targeted and strategic geopolitical policy execution by President Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has resulted in North Korean leader Kim Jong-un accepting denuclearization and requesting a meeting with President Trump to achieve terms therein.

Yeah, HO-LEE-CATS is an understatement.  The possibility of a willingly denuclearized Korean peninsular is such an astounding policy victory; it is difficult to conceptualize.  Here’s the statement from South Korea’s Chung Eui-yong:

“Good evening, today I had the privilege of briefing President Trump on my recent visit to Pyongyang, North Korea.  I’d like to thank President Trump, the vice-president and his wonderful national security team, including my close friend General McMaster.”

“I thanked President Trump that his leadership, and his maximum pressure policy together with international solidarity, brought us to this juncture.  I expressed President Moon Jae-in’s personal gratitude for President Trump’s leadership.”

“I told President Trump that in our meeting North Korean leader Kim Jong-un said he is committed to denuclearization. Kim pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests; he understands that the routine joint military exercises between the Republic of Korea and the United States must continue.  And he expressed his eagerness to meet President Trump as soon as possible.”

“President Trump appreciated the briefing and said he would meet Kim Jong-un by May to achieve permanent denuclearization.”

“The Republic of Korea along with the United States, Japan and our many partners around the world, remain fully and resolutely committed to the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsular.”

“Along with President Trump we are optimistic about continuing a diplomatic process to test the possibility of a peaceful resolution.   The Republic of Korea, The United States and our partners stand together in insisting that we not repeat the mistakes of the past; and that the pressure will continue until North Korea matches it’s words with concrete actions.  Thank You.”   (link)

(Tweet Link)

Korea Times – North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has expressed willingness to meet U.S. President Donald Trump for talks over denuclearization, South Korean officials visiting Washington said, Friday.

In response, Trump said he would like to meet him by May, they said.

National Security Office chief Chung Eui-yong, one of President Moon Jae-in’s envoys to Pyongyang who is now visiting Washington, said in a press briefing at the White House that he delivered such messages of Kim to Trump.

Kim also said he was “committed to denuclearization” and would “refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests,” Chung said. (link)

“Complicated business folks,… Complicated business”

When it comes to the use of economic leverage to create U.S. national security outcomes, well, we are learning at the knee of an economic master player. {Deep Dive}

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, N Korea, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,020 Responses to President Trump’s Stunningly Effective North Korea Policy Leaves Professional Diplomatic Corps Gobsmacked…

1. sundance says:

2. This is absolutely historic!
    Talks of “de-Nuclearization ” >sp<
    OH MY "Art of the Deal" on the International stage!
    HOW will the MSN "spin" this?

3. tazz2293 says:

President Trump is a true leader. has been from the moment he was born I would imagine.

God Speed President Trump. A safer world benefits all the inhabitants of this little blue marble floating in space that we call home.

I too am not naive, the world is a dangerous place, however, when President Trump is successful the world notices.

• ForGodandCountry says:

It is abundantly clear, more than ever, that God Almighty highly favors and blesses PDJT, and has shaped him all his life for the role he is now playing in the USA and the world.

There are not words to fully express how this news is shocking the entire world.

———————————
      PS – Dear State Dept. people who quit because of Trump,

You are all now proven idiots. Enjoy being able to talk about Trump and then, when someone brings this up in response, leaves you saying, “Yeah, but….” while they look at you like the morons you are.

• Dekester says:

Well stated Tazz,

The whole world notices. Whether it be his visit to Eastern Europe, the Middle East or North Korea. Your President transcends anything that has come before him.

The buffoons in the MSM are utterly lost. Too bad they would not just get lost.

God bless PDJT.

4. sundance says:

5. keeler says:

Tweet loudly and carry a big wallet.

6. Ziiggii says:

Will there be unification is the big question? Will the 50+ year stalemate finally come to and end…?!?

• rf121 says:

Unification would be a huge financial burden for the South. Don’t see them stepping up for that right away plus the Chinese probably would resist. Same problem happened when Germany unified. The West Germany got hammered.

• lackluckster says:

It wouldn’t be right away, but this is the first step. I think some of the ideas floating around are a 99 year plan for unification. It’s definitely not something you can do in a few years.

• amwick says:

Wow… I heard that word bandied about…..unification.. SMH…. I can’t imagine how that would work with the likes of Kimmie…. but, I admittedly am totally clueless on the topic..There must be a plan, somewhere….

• lumoc1 says:

Reunification is probably impossible because of financial constraints which have been estimated to be much much greater than that for the German reunification.

• Bout as likely as the divided states of America becoming united again… anytime soon and without The Reckoning with the good guys winning this time.

Yeah, I’m a war of northern federal aggression guy. Facts are stubborn things no matter how well hidden in revisionist his-story they are.

• TexasDude says:

Funny, who fired the first shot? Anyways, facts, yeah.

• TexasDude says:

Psst, when you take slavery out of the equation (factually, you can’t, but if you do), then the argument put forth by the Confederates was purely about policy and the fact that the US, per the Constitution, can create and increase tariffs.

So, the South, under Democrat control, walked out of the Union over policy decisions that the Republican government instituted?

Really?

• cdr164bn says:

I was in charge of the relocation of US forces from the DMZ to a new base we were building south of Seoul. My job was negotiating with the Koreans over the construction since they were paying for it. I was made aware early on that “When you have an agreement in Korea, you are just beginning the negotiation”. Negotiating is a blood sport over there and most Americans were very poor at it. I expect this effort will take a long time and there will be fits and starts. I also expect our President to do quite well since he knows the art of the deal. I’m reminded of a tall building I once drove by in Seoul. High on the building was the name “Trump”….. This isn’t his first rodeo in Korea..

• TexasDude says:

I used to go there for the yearly war games. I was inside a mountain, mostly. The only times I noticed American cars were on American military bases. I was saluted once by an elderly female and hissed at another time by a young male.

• dayallaxeded says:

I really can’t imagine what they’re gonna do. What can Kim and his top level people do, if there’s unification? They can’t just keep living “in the style to which they’ve become accustomed.” They can’t be allowed any governmental authority. And the NoKos are a nearly permanently damaged people, due to malnutrition, physical and psychological abuse, etc. They’re obviously very hard workers to keep going even under the awful conditions imposed upon them, but what can SoKo and the rest of EA do with/for them that won’t create massive problems somewhere else? I think the best that can be achieved at the moment is denuclearization and some form of defense security agreement that would allow NoKo to spend more on infrastructure and development for its citizens, rather than pouring virtually its entire GDP into its military and the Kims. We thought cold war eastern Europe was bleak–NoKo is a whole ‘nother level!

7. Liked by 52 people

8. Adam says:

Boom

9. John Kapteyn says:

Very impressive, Mr. President. You should now forcefully take Obama’s Nobel Peace Price from him and hold it over your head, WWE style.

10. mikebrezzze says:

I’m thinking 10 years down the road about President Trump’s book he writes post presidential, I hope I’m alive to read it!

11. H.R. says:

FTA: “[…]that the pressure will continue until North Korea matches it’s words with concrete actions.”

No more, “Give us money and we’ll do what you want… NOT!”

Now it’s “Show Us ” time. No one fast-talks their way past President Trump or T-Rex.

12. fleporeblog says:

13. wheatietoo says:

Gobsmacked.
    The diplomatic corpse is smacked…smacked by gobs.

It’s raining gobs!

14. fedback says:

President Trump is a Genius. We all knew, now the World knows

15. Smiley says:

Sundance,

Is this the Panda realizing the tariffs are going to happen and they are trying to create leverage to slow them down?

16. formerdem says:

I Love Our POTUS. I wonder if he understood Kim better – made better use of our intelligence services than those who went before him? That remark about North Korea not being on the way to become the Utopia Kim’s grandfather dreamed of, was that a brilliant shot? … understanding that Kim is trying to be true to something impossible? What about laying out all that comparison NK to SK – was some of that stuff being hidden from Kim?… nobody could get it through but Trump himself? I do wonder.

17. Curry Worsham says:

The clip of that know-it-all chick on CNN will look great when Kim is signing a denuclearization agreement.

18. Liked by 20 people

19. I am so proud of my President!

20. bullnuke says:

We are truly blessed to have Donald Trump as president. I am thankful to be able to see what true leadership looks like. There won’t be another president with this man’s brilliance. He truly loves America and it’s people.

• 🍺Gunny says:

Guess what’s next for our President? My. Rushmore. Ya know why?

Peace in the Mid-East……The MSM will be looking for Fle’s gun on the night stand.

Get ready. Mid-East Peace. The Wall and Mt Rushmore.

Our President. Pray for him😎

• 4sure says:

Unfortunately, he has set the bar too high for the professional pols. who will surely follow. He’s a once in a lifetime POTUS. Too bad there will never be another. Trump is probably the last Alpha male to occupy the WH.

Male testosterone levels have been declining at the rate of 1% a yr. since 1980. If Kim was smart, he’d just wait a few more decades and then deal w/one of the effeminate POTUS that will be in office.

• 🍺Gunny says:

If he tries that North Korea would be the largest parking lot in the world.

“Attention K-mart shoppers”

Miss K-mart

• Some things aren’t 4sure, 4sure! I still have plenty of testosterone and as has been proven anyone can be president in America if they try hard enough, except krooked killery of course, who really didn’t try very hard anyway due to her extremely evil narcissism and utter stupidity.

My point is that there are bound to be millions of more Alpha males around, at least for a while… and let’s not rule out a Sundance win in 2024!

21. fedback says:

So President Trump’s nuclear button IS bigger and better than Rocket Man’s.
    Brilliantly played by the President
    Peace through strength

Expect Trump to open up a golf resort in Pyongyang and Kim becoming his best friend

22. Liked by 27 people

23. AngelOnejudicial says:

POTUS the master just revealed for all to see the abject idiocy and dangerously ineffective policies of the American elite and their media mouthpieces.

Today AFTER tariffs were imposed stocks closed higher
    Instead of the predicted nuclear war by an unstable “not my” president as they call him we have the real chance at a resolution to the DPRK problem and simultaneously achieving favorable trade perimeters with China.

POTUS Trump did what they all claimed was impossible, today Schiff’s Russia cries fell on deaf ears meanwhile Sessions and team are waiting to strike for justice on the domestic front.
    To see Obama & his crew’s reaction to this oh to be a fly on those walls

24. A2 says:

A2 says:
    March 8, 2018 at 9:00 pm
    Continuing with our discussion on the last Presidential thread where I posted the ‘leaks’ of what the message was from KJU (a letter from the dictator to the President) that was published in the Chinese owned SCMP, and the speculation if China was behind the leaks, there seems to be further evidence to suggest it was so.

KJU, after the Olympics has instructed the executives of the Workers Party to hold mandatory lectures on KJU’s new plan for reunification, jettisoning his father’s plan and touting KJU’s plan as a soon to be realized project, a federal reunification of the Korean Peninsula.

The model? It is explicitly based on China’s ‘one country, two systems’ formula, that Deng Xiaoping put forward to PM Thatcher as the constitutional basis for the retrocession of Hong Kong (and Macau from the Portuguese) to Chinese rule. Essentially, it meant there was only one China, yet Hong Kong and Macau could retain their own economic (financial and trade), legal and administrative systems, while the rest of China uses the socialism with Chinese characteristics system. Security and national defense of course is on the ‘one country’ side of the equation. The deal was given 50 years (from 1997-2047) for the transition when China’s socialist system will then prevail. Needless to say, under Emperor Xi, that autonomy has been significantly and persistently eroded.

This is Kim’s plan. DPRK is China and the ROK is Hong Kong in this scenario. Kim is Deng and (he thinks) the President is Thatcher.

Now that I have an idea of where this is heading (from the NK side), the ‘concessions’ KJU has made and the personal eagerness to meet the US President to ‘talk’ makes sense.

This fantasy will not last long as it bumps into reality and it reveals the fundamental misunderstanding by both China and NK of how the US works and thinks.

• amwick says:

But… China is big and Hong Kong is little, right… North Korea and South Korea are about the same size and NOKO is like dirt poor and starving…. I don’t get the KJU plan. It is magical thinking from KJU.. TY A2 for explaining a bit,, my head is just to dense..
      Besides… having read so much here, I think NOKO dances when Emp. 11 pulls the strings. I hope our President surprises them all…

• A2 says:

I see the China hand behind this. Kong Xuanyou did not meet with KJU as reported (?) after the 19th Party Congress communist courtesy call, but I am now certain this strategy was laid out to Kim.

The DPRK has openly said at their Workers Party mandatory meetings now underway throughout NK after the Olympics, that Kim’s federation (reunification) plan is based on China’s ‘one country, two systems’ formula. (I just read the docs this morning).

In their minds, taking the long view, they see parallels. China at that time was poor, its economy in a shambles and there were significant threats to CCP authority. Hong Kong, a British colony (NK sees SK as a US colony), was an economic miracle and trade dynamo. The main objective of Deng was reunification (NK’s primary objective and preservation of his rule as the embodiment of the NK Communist Party), and Britain was not going to risk war over ‘the question leftover from history”. Deng instituted reforms, opened up China ‘to the outside world’, liberalized the economy (thereby strengthening the Party/State) and ramped up united front tactics in Hong Kong in the lead up to the Sino-British Joint Declaration of 1984. Unfortunately the ’50 years no change’ guarantee under Xi is being consistently abrogated.

It is important to understand their strategy and longterm objectives (and mindset) in any negotiations, as well as how risible is their perception of reality. Too bad for them they don’t understand the US. This gives us the advantage in diplomacy. We already have the advantage militarily and economically.

Yes, differences. But then when did communists have a firm grasp of history.

• amwick says:

TY A2… I was looking at land mass, not economy….I see that now.. I have to read all this really sloooooooooowly… but I want you to know how much I appreciate all of this.. But my main concern, or point of confusion is just this: NK’s primary objective and preservation of his rule as the embodiment of the NK Communist Party

I can see that intuitively, so how can any officials take Kimmie’s “unification” seriously.
          Rhetorical question. I guess you have identified that as a kind of advantage The story will unfold…
          THanks again…signed Gobsmacked in Myrtle Beach…..

25. TheAbidingDude says:

I believe that there will be an ancient Vulcan proverb saying “Only Trump could meet with Kim Jong-Un.”

26. thomaspain1961 says:

If this desire for more peaceful activity is sincere by kim jong un, this will greatly impede iran’s nuclear antics. I am convinced that one of obama’s goals was to give radical islam a nuclear bomb through north korea. obama must be so pissed now.

27. Matthew LeBlanc says:

VSG in action. Beautiful indeed. Deep state will triple down on Russia myth.

28. tgmccoy says:

I wonder how much of this success is due to Kim’s nuke toybox collapsing
    under several megatons of rock, volcanic ash and snow last year.
    may have taken out his entire program, Iran too.
    Act of God.? USAF? Or Both.?
    May explain that B2 flyby at the Rose Bowl….

29. 4sure says:

The so called diplomatic Corps, better known as the dipchit corpse has never accomplished anything beneficial to anyone except tin horn dictators. They have failed at every thing they have touched. And millions of innocent people around the world have dies as a result.

Our State Dept. is a trillion dollar embarrassment and works to undermine this nation.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

And to think that entire bunch from the dipchit corpse threatened to blacklist anyone helping Team Trump during the primaries. Which is why Carter Page found his way onto that hastily compiled list when things really picked up momentum on the Trump Train.

All the talk has been over at FBI/DOJ. There is some really thick, putrid slime over at the State Dept.

• Michael says:

If you need a break some day read “Retief’s War”. I recommend it highly!

30. texastrumper says:

Man, I love my President! I so much would like to shake his hand and tell him in person how awesome my family thinks he is. I admire him so much and he is only getting started!

• RG. Getard says:

The DC elite don’t understand Trump because they are poisoned by their arrogance. Trump see and respects the value of every human being until they give him reason to think otherwise and then he bluntly tells them. It is not your worth, title, higher education pedigree or connections that impress Trump, but rather your character. He is willing to give anyone the opportunity to be a good guy or an asshole. DC is full of assholes.

31. Curry Worsham says:

Rachel Madcow’s angle: This is a bad idea because no president has ever done it before.
    She actually said that.
    I’m not kidding.
    Really.

32. thedoc00 says:

The reaction by the democrat media machine is so predictable. They are already trying to set an expectation for this to be a one and done meeting and if not they will pronounce the whole initiative a failure if an agreement is not reached in May.

The meeting in May will end in Trump fashion, with a path forward frame work, and would be interesting if the one outcome was an actually signed peace treaty or plans to sign a peace treaty formally ending the Korean Conflict that includes the framework. Reunification will have to come later and very carefully because China is not so keen to have two democracies sitting directly on their borders (i.e. Taiwan and a Unified Korean Republic).

33. Bob Thoms says:

Ring, ring…..mr. President, Oslo is calling.

34. bullnuke says:

A huge story of significance and CNN is discussing the porn actress. They are truly a disgusting network.

35. mikebrezzze says:

Let’s lie to the liberals and tell them Trump fixed up lil kim with stormy Daniels ! 😀

36. missilemom says:

No smiles on MSM says it all.

37. alliwantissometruth says:

Wait a minute. You mean having a diplomatic corp made up of globalist puppets & anti-America ideologues isn’t a good idea?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Of course not.
      And don’t forget the “lets-try-and-impose-our-way-of-life-on-people-that-have-had-one-of-their-own-for-2000-years” crowd as well

38. 4sure says:

This is all being orchestrated by China, IMHO.

The outcome will depend on how it benefits China. If they do not benefit, there will be no solution. They control little Kim dung fool.

China has to remain in the background since their official position is that they have no control over widdle Kim. They may emerge and take a lead in this if talks are set up to include them. So, they could make this happen or they could derail it.

Trump knows this and will keep all sanctions in place and turn up the screws on China.

39. L. E. Joiner says:

If I may be permitted to repeat my comment from yesterday:

I will be disappointed if Presidents Trump and Xi have not agreed in principle to create a unified, neutral, non-nuclear Korea. This would be in everyone’s interest, would recognize China’s increased economic and military power in the region, and might even give us some leverage on other critical issues, e.g. the South China Sea. Of course, the devil is in the details, but it is at least plausible that both North and South leaders have been told that this is their future.

China likes to have North Korea as a ‘buffer’ between the American ally South Korea and its own border. A unified Korea would have to be militarily neutral, something like Finland, and participate in both the US and Chinese economic spheres. Its neutrality could be guaranteed by a treaty among China, the US, Russia, and Japan. Kim will be happy in a villa in Switzerland.

I think we have just seen the next step in this process. /LEJ

• rf121 says:

Not sure how willing the South is on unification. The cost would fall on them and the North is in the stoneage. China may still prefer them being split. As long as the nuke and missle threat is gone it is on them to solve.

• thedoc00 says:

Good point, “West” Germany has yet to recover when they reunified with “East” Germany. Then they foolishly added ex-East German Merkel to the mix, who is standing next to the toilet with her hand on the flusher.

• El Torito says:

I differ in that I believe China became an increased economic superpower via the USA making 40 years of idiotic economic decisions. Now that those days are over, it is unknowable if China can maintain that status. And if the economic side fails, so goes the military side. I don’t think DJT sees it in the best interest of the USA to continue to feed the tiger. And not everyone sees China as a military superpower.

40. Comment deleted by Admin,..

41. covfefe999 says:

lol at “HO-LEE-CATS” !! hahaha

42. “There is no way that President Trump can be ready, by May, to have a high stakes negotiation on denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula, it’s just impossible. … You can’t wing it.” – Samantha Vinograd reacts to Trump agreeing to meet with Kim Jong Un

Ms Vinograd shows 2 things with this statement. 1) She clearly doesn’t understand that Pres Trump is not negotiating. The terms of the surrender of Kim Jong Un have always been very straightforward: no nukes and in exchange he won’t be bombed into oblivion. 2) She is trying to minimize the achievement by claiming that Pres Trump is “winging it”. This is the result of a well thought out brilliant foreign policy that required cooperation from previously uncooperative countries: Russia and China. Remember the UN resolution where they all voted with the US to condemn N Korea? How many times had that happened before? I know the answer: never.

I know I should not expect anything from the enemedia regarding respect for Pres Trump’s success for us. But to listen to them say “he can’t” and “he won’t” when he already has just boils my blood. No other president, period, has been able to accomplish this and they have all tried (since Kim’s grandfather). Of course the Nobel committee would never think of Pres Trump as a recipient, but if this doesn’t qualify then nothing does.

43. Me says:

He’ll get you – and your little dog too!

44. Jan Phillips says:

This is so exciting!! Everyone on the news is so surprised and shocked and trying to understand how President Trump did this. But we all knew from what Sundance recently told us, that one of the results of the tariffs would be China using a denuclearized North Korea as a bargaining chip for a better trading position with the US.

I am so appreciative of what Sundance has taught us.

45. covfefe999 says:

What is the Dem 2020 candidate going to run on??? Trump is taking care of all of our issues so deftly.

46. citizen817 says:

This is more great news for the Administration, and President Trump in particular. In this case, I believe, as I have read here, that Red Dragon controlling
    Little Panda…had more to do with this than I will see written anywhere. The Trump Doctrine is in play, assigning ownership, where it’s due. Now, I think more focus must be put on Iran, and their extreme Nuclear position in quest for the bomb.

47. Minnie says:

🙏🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸🦁🇺🇸🙏

❤️

48. labrat says:

Do you think he can make a deal that doesn’t include pallets of cash?

49. FofBW says:

Are you paying attention Iran!!