February 23rd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #400

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,342 Responses to February 23rd – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #400

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Not again==Is the left working overtime—-I pray NOT.

Hazmat called to Sen. Portman’s office after envelope with white powder receive

2. Peoria Jones says:

Today, Rush brought up all these companies (Enterprise, FNB of Omaha, etc.) which are being bombarded on social media by anti-NRA forces. He pointed out that all these tweets and posts are likely mass-generated by bots. I’m sure this is the case, as we’ve seen before how the organized and well-funded left uses astroturfing techniques – all with the blessing of their co-conspirators in Silicon Valley.

Now these companies are starting to ditch the NRA. They are folding, giving in to propaganda and bullying from a minority in the political far left.

Instead of ditching the NRA, companies should ditch social media. There is no reason for them to be on FakeBook or Twatter, when they can have their own websites. Social media has been shown to promote antisocial behavior and fake news. THAT is what companies should not be supporting.

Many of us would be glad to see the the two social media giants disappear altogether, but it would be a good start to see companies remove themselves from these dangerous political platforms. We should shame them into it, and boycott.

• FofBW says:

These companies management are probably like minded and not really caving to pressure but supporting it.
      Liberals never consider the consequences for their decisions. It is all about their feelings and not reality.

• phoenixRising says:

Facebook should come down… unfortunately there are too many people who connect to their families this way… photos etc.

GAB is an alternative to Twitter, but not a good one. Grandson tells me there are too many semite bashers there and just ‘junkyard dogs’… I don’t know, but I trust his judgment.

Twitter is definitely a Deep State tool… and unfortunately where the political action is…

• CM in TN says:

Missed listening today, but heard that Lifelock is on that list too. Wonder if Rush will still advertise for them. Was busy watching Spring Training online.

• Lucille says:

You mean Lifelock is refusing association with the NRA? Good grief! What are good alternatives to Lifelock?

The bots are likely Harvey Weinstein-funded. Remember he held out taking the NRA down as an olive branch to the film industry. The outrage has pretty well died re that miscreant and his filthy actions. His pals are probably on board to help him with his anti-NRA project now.

• treehouseron says:

Rush had a scenario a few years ago where he had his sponsers attacked for something or the other he said, and they eventually figured out all the thousands of calls and letters and tweets and blah blah blah were coming from like 4 people.

So he knows what he’s talking about, at least on this one 🙂

• ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS, INC: Owns 3 Rental Companies
      [For NRA Supporters]
      • Alamo
      • Enterprise
      • National

3. Liked by 3 people

4. tazz2293 says:

Once you give up a little freedom for a little security where does it stop?

18-20 year olds can go off and die in some foreign land fighting in a war but they can’t buy a rifle to hunt with at home?

WTF kind of sense does that make?

Our rights are granted by our creator. Once we allow government to dictate the terms of our rights we have essentially given up our rights

A little nudge here. A little nudge there.

• phoenixRising says:

tazz!!! you’re back! So good to read you… and you’re absolutely correct.

• Publius2016 says:

“On July 5, 1971, the 26th Amendment was ratified. In the turmoil surrounding the unpopular Vietnam War, lowering the national voting age became a controversial topic. Many argued that those old enough to be drafted for military service, should be able to exercise the right to vote, the 26th Amendment was ratified in record time. Taking a little over two months, thirty-eight states had ratified the 26th amendment. Following Ohio’s ratification, President Nixon made the remarks below about the importance of the 26th amendment.

President Nixon quote after learning of the states’ rapid ratification of the 26th Amendment.

“THE RATIFICATION OF THIS AMENDMENT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED IN THE SHORTEST TIME OF ANY AMENDMENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY. THIS FACT AFFIRMS OUR NATION’S CONFIDENCE IN ITS YOUTH AND ITS TRUST IN THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. IT ALSO REINFORCES OUR YOUNG PEOPLE’S DEDICATION TO A SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WHOSE CONSTITUTION PERMITS ORDERED CHANGE.”
      President Nixon quote about the 26th amendment.

“SOME 11 MILLION YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE LIFE OF OUR NATION THROUGH THEIR WORK, THEIR STUDIES, AND THEIR SACRIFICES FOR ITS DEFENSE, ARE NOW TO BE FULLY INCLUDED IN THE ELECTORAL PROCESS OF OUR COUNTRY.”

• I agree with you; they can’t buy a gun then they can’t vote or enlist. If they don’t vote, the Dems are in trouble; if they can’t enlist, military is in trouble. Really stupid idea.

• 🍺Gunny says:

As noted previously. This entire discussion, with all of us is very enlightening. As long as we continue to be objective, no personal snark, we after all are together in this…which brings me back to part of one of the posts….made…from myself…
      Please excuse my repeat..

– Have Congressional sessions on the internet or secure systems, also the voting, etc. To keep them in their districts. Only meet together once or twice a year. Think about this.

Sundance publishes daily news or update and opinion. We in the Treehouse have an open discussion on this. We suggest, we argue, recommend options, we state from our various experience. Usually in one day or less we have come to a consensus or course of action.

Think about that. We don’t even know each other…1 day. Congress can do the same thing from their home districts.

Happy to be here with y’all…😎

• CM in TN says:

Incrementalism, it’s how they roll.

• mimbler says:

Yes, they take and take and take in small bites, but never relinquish anything. A racheting device inexorably moves one direction, and never slips back

• mimbler says:

This line of thought has me thinking:

When they propose the next incremental thing as “why not try it, it is a small step”, we should respond with “ok, what of your failed previous small steps are you wanting to repeal in exchange for this one?”

• Wiggyky says:

Same argument used years ago to lower the age to be an Adult, or voting or drinking age from 21 to 18. Why have two age criteria? Pick one and stick to it. But then Americans can’t make up their minds what “age of consent” should be so why expect sanity here?

• Albertus Magnus says:

Hey Tazz!

Wondering if there is ANYTHING about our VSG President that you actually support strongly? If so, Id love to read your posts supporting him. Somehow, I seem to be missing them.

• tazz2293 says:

I guess you just miss them then don’t you.

How about instead of trying to be some type of keyboard komando you open your eyes and read, then work on your limited comprehension. Or, are you too busy trying to find somebody to pick a fight with?

Seems I remember you actually liked at least one of my posts and told me I was right on that you could not agree more with what I said. Wonder what happened then. Did you have a brain fart or something?

And did I actually say anything about President Trump in any of my posts today? I think not.

Seems that there are those one or two wannabe keyboard komandos who want to run anyone they don’t agree with off this board. Doesn’t work like that little man.

Best thing I can say to you is to just skip past anything I post. That way you won’t make a fool of yourself.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Yeah, I get the same thing. If they don’t like my posts just skip them. I skip theirs. The neocon disciples here hate me which suits me just fine.
          Stick to you guns Tazz. I really like your posts.

• texastrumper says:

LP1, I read here everyday and have read a lot of your posts. I have to say I like the way you think and will say I think you are a smart, level headed man. I also envy that you sail around somewhere in this world. I don’t respond a lot or comment a lot but I have my favorites and you are one of them.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Well thank you very much Tex. I have many friends here who I have ground very fond of over the years. The enemies that I make here are always the type of people that I don’t like out in the real world so I am happy that they confirm that I am not one of them.

• Tegan says:

Harsh, Tazz

• singingsoul says:

Concerning moving gun ownership to age 21 with that young people should not enter military until 21. I think that is fair.
        By the way more than ever there are non responsible youth out there. Yes there are some who are mature maybe more mature than a 21 year old. What can be done..?
        Where were the organizers going to the WH who feel 18 year old should own a gun..?
        To be fair the young people made the effort to be active and they got heard.
        How active is everyone now complaining..?
        We do not even know if 21 is going to be the age in the future owing guns..?
        By the way you do not have to own a gun to shoot a gun or go hunting..

5. Publius2016 says:

IMMIGRATION TRADE are on March’s tap! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!

6. phoenixRising says:

7. keithinmissouri says:

Serious consideration should be given to dismantling the FBI and rebuilding it form the ground up. One of the major issues is that the FBI is like a huge consortium of general practitioners who want to dabble in everything and thus have no expertise in anything. DEA are the drug experts but FBI still dabbles in drugs. ATF is the gun and bomb experts yet FBI dabbles and usurps their jurisdiction. For example the NICS (instant check system) belongs to the FBI, not ATF the firearms experts. The FBI runs roughshod over and duplicates many entities in the Dept. of Homeland Security. They want to be in charge of everything that has the potential of gaining publicity; thus, the FBI nickname they have among other LEO organizations, Famous But Incompetent. They need a focus and defined mission that gets them out of everyone else’s business. Their mission should complement the other federal agencies that recognize each other’s expertise and collaborate accordingly. There should be an analysis of who does what in DOJ and DHS and give exclusive responsibility to the entities that clearly have the expertise and get the FBI out of everyone’s business usurping their authority as generalists. And they need to recruit from those having actual “in the trenches” LEO experience. (From someone who should know.)

• tazz2293 says:

• singingsoul says:

tazz2293 says:
        “Everything, every agency, every department, every office worker, stooge, minion down to the paper clips except what is defined in the Constitution should be eliminated.”
        ________________________________________
        By the way where were you when Obama twisted the constitution to his liking..?
        I did not hear organized marches to the capitol and demonstrating.
        Everyone sat on their hands complaining waiting for a guy to take on the whole Obama’s crimes on his shoulder and to find a way to make this country better.
        Now that is not good enough ungrateful (…)
        I am getting tired of whiners maybe I need to take a break!

• tazz2293 says:

Hmmm.. I have been vocal against OZero from the moment he decided to throw his hat in the ring in 2008, When that stuttering moron spoke at the DNC convention in 2004 I was against that half wit and was then speaking out about him. I was speaking out against that jug eared half breed bast@rd long ago. Where were you?

Are you marching in the streets? Were you at any of the TEA Party Rallies? Did you go to any TEA Party meetings?

You don’t seem to understand the Constitution as well as you think. The Constitution spells out what powers the government has been allowed, and most importantly what powers that the government is not allowed, The Bill of rights spells out our Rights, the Constitution puts limits on government power. Our rights were granted to us by God not government. I will always be vocal against allowing our government or any government the ability to usurp our rights

What is wrong with speaking out against government abuse and the government overstepping it powers? They sure can’t pass a budget in 9 YEARS but they can steal our health care and strip us of our rights, to work to allow our country to be invaded by illegals all in a nanosecond, but pass a budget, secure the border, hell nah.

You and I usually get along well but to call me a whiner. Well then. Harrumph! 😉

• PatriotKate says:

Excuse me? Do you not remember the Tea Party marches on Washington? The 9/12 Marches – over 500,000 people? Restoring Honor – probably 250,000 people. Goodness, I went to D.C. three times over a period of 18 months and hadn’t been there the prior 45 years.

• CM in TN says:

We did just fine without them until the early 1900’s, just like most other gov’t agencies we are now burdened with.

8. Eric Kennedy says:

I love the smell of nightsticks in the morning… smells like… victory…

9. patrickhenrycensored says:

10. Texian says:

Well Florida Governor Rick Scott has taken his mask off..

“..Scott stands opposed to arming teachers for defense of themselves and their students. He said, “I think you need to have individuals that are trained, well-trained. My focus is let law enforcement do the keeping us safe and let teachers focus on teaching.”..”

Yeah Rick.. like the Broward County SRO Sheriff deputy Scot Peterson.. that kind of “well-trained” law enforcement officer keeping y’all safe.. No thanks Rick..

11. IMO says:

We are in good hands.

“Published on Feb 23, 2018Trump’s response to the treasonous coup d’etat is slow and measured and he is winning. The Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe, Priestap, Clinton, Kerry, Lynch seditious meddling in the election and the attempted “investigation to impeach” turned “Mueller Investigation” coup d’etat is being turned into a public joke. Trump aligned with the military from the beginning and they are protecting his office and watching his back. Listen to Douglas Gabriel and John Barnwell discuss this situation.”

12. kinthenorthwest says:

When does it stop? How many schools since the Florida shooting have had to close due to threats. Can’t believe that there would be one from an adult professional.

Threatening post by former NFL player causes closure of school

• phoenixRising says:

• Wiggyky says:

No one blamed the gun when President Reagan was shot.

• William F Buckley's Ghost says:

They did! Banned mail order military rifle sales.

• Not only is this misleading, it’s completely false. There was a nationwide, energetic, multi-year campaign to ban interstate sales between iindividuals, and all mail order sales of guns that began immediately after the JFK assassination. It was sustained by public outrage, and yes, they blamed it directly on the ease with which Oswald got his guns. He ordered the rifle from an ad in the NRA’s mag, “American Rifleman”.

There were multiple Congressional hearings about it, and bills proposed in ‘63, and ‘65 that were defeated, but hotly contested. Because of the additional deaths of RFK and Rev. King, the first major gun control bill since the 1930s was passed in 1968. This law, the Gun Control Act of 1968, is still in force, with expansions and amendments made since. It is Title I of our federal gun laws, enforced by the ATF. (Title II is the previous National Firearms Act of 1934.)

Whoever was so ignorant as to create this meme should have to live in a small room with nothing but newspapers from between ‘63-‘68, until they can pass an essay test on the legal aftermath of the JFK assassination. God knows we all had to write papers on it in school back then.

13. Harry Lime says:

Bless Mark Dice for watching these cable tv sit-coms. I couldn’t stomach it…it is kind of fun watching the bloopers knowing that I’m not paying for it. Be sure to check out Dopey Joe Scarboroughs new take on Robert Mueller. This is INSANE!!!!

14. Bull Durham says:

Russian election system under hacker attacks.

MOSCOW, February 23. /TASS/. The website of a network of the presidential election’s public monitors, which posts latest reports on violations during the Russian presidential election, reported more than 70 hacker attacks over recent 12 hours, the project’s coordinator Roman Kolomoitsev told TASS on Friday.
    “Over recent 12 hours, nom24.ru, which aggregates reports of all violations and the recent information on the election, was attacked more than 70 times,” he said.
    According to the originating IP-addresses, “the hacker attacks came from Sweden and the Netherlands,” he continued. “We have managed to stop quite promptly those attacks.”
    NOM is Russia’s biggest network of independent monitors. Its target is to structure a fundamentally new infrastructure for honest and transparent elections.
    The presidential election in Russia is due on March 18.

More:

15. FofBW says:

Hopefully PT will have the Coral Springs first responders to the White House for recognition.

• Wiggyky says:

The other High School there is the Coral Springs High School. My daughter taught there and lived 1 block from Marjory Stoneman HS, until she decided the whole Broward County area was getting too dangerous for single females. So she moved to KY.

Funny, in KY she bought a 3 BR house on 2 acres of land for the same price as a 1 BR Condo in Coral Springs. She is much happier now.

16. lawrencepaul1 says:

I am neither pro or anti Israel but what is the big deal with this? Jerusalem is is Israel and America wants its Israeli embassy in Jerusalem. So what business is it of any other country? Surly this is just between America and Israel? I don’t get it. What’s the big deal?

US Embassy Moving To Jerusalem On Israel’s Independence Day

17. Harry Lime says:

I have a feeling this won’t be up very long on Youtube so watch it while you can. Hilarious rant on a very serious subject…

18. phoenixRising says:

youtube removing videos everywhere… seething frog whom I have been following for a long time is having difficulty posting, so you might want to watch these two before they’re gone…

19. rich33y says:

Pam Bondi should charge the Broward County Sheriff and the entire school board with negligent homicide.

Their policies, actions, and in-actions allowed this tragedy to occur.

• William F Buckley's Ghost says:

The Florida AG cannot issue a parking ticket. No investigation or law enforcement staff. All they have is a toll free 800 number with operators standing by to hear your complaint….and then file it away! It’s a pathetic joke!

20. new Q…Q !UW.yye1fxo 02/23/18 (Fri) 18:29:00
    WHY school shootings?
    What is more precious than our children?
    Emotional pull.
    Distraction event.
    Gun grab event.
    D security.
    WHY would locals go along w/ such a sick organized event?
    [THEY must control local police / school / county officials / etc to work].
    WHY?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Federa aid + donations.
    These people are SICK.
    http:// http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-sandy-hook-shooting-two-years-later-20141214-story.html
    It’s always about the money.

Q

21. JohnPaulJohnes says:

Watch for Trumps tweet in one minute 7:22pmest

22. keithinmissouri says:

While waiting for the cleanup hitter Horowitz to stroll to the plate, I realized I had to do a little work to figure out where things stood with the first three batters. So without going into too much of an Abbot and Costello routine:
    1. December 27: Byron York reports Nunes issued subpoena to McCain aid Kramer (who picked up dossier from Steele for McCain deliver to Comey). Yesterday (2/22) the Washington Examiner reports Kramer took the Fifth.
    2. January 4: Grassley and Graham send DOJ letter of criminal referral on Steele. Next step would be…?
    3. January 25: Grassley and Graham send letters to DNC and Hillary for America and 4 high ranking officials in those organizations seeking info on knowledge of and/or involvement with the Steele dossier. Due date was February 8, two weeks ago. Status?
    4. February 2: Nunes memo released.
    5. February 5: Grassley and Graham release a declassified version of their Steele criminal referral.
    6. February 8: Grassley and Graham send letter to Rice asking about the email to herself on meeting. Due date was February 22, yesterday. Did she respond?
    7. February 15: Judge Collyer responds to Nunes request for FISA transcripts and Goodlatte request for copy of FISA application submitted by DOJ so he can compare it to the copy he got from DOJ. Collyer says to request it from the executive branch and keep her informed. Next step is…?
    8. February 20: Nunes sends letters to various Obama administration officials seeking information on their knowledge (and Obama’s knowledge) of DNC involvement in dossier. Due date March 2.
    9. That’s it…well for balance one more: Schiff gets turned around trying to field a long drive, steps in the Schiff hole.

Anything I am missing? Can anyone shed any light on status, likely next steps?

• Blue Moon says:

I, personally, don’t believe Horowitz will deliver the goods—because I believe he and his family have probably received their share of threats during all this time. Remember, the dems are notorious for this to get what they want.

23. new Q….Q !UW.yye1fxo 02/23/18 (Fri) 18:46:21

>>476136
    Who do you think is leaking the info?
    Take a wild guess.
    Analyze shooter (pawn).
    Voices in his head?
    We know.
    We are taking action behind the scenes.
    CNN was set up.
    STUPID.

Q

24. lawrencepaul1 says:

This guy is a loathsome lifelong left wing Democrat who I would not normally read let alone inflict his pap on my friend or enemies in the Treehouse. However when a guy like this dumps on the Russia investigation BS you know that they are in trouble. And this guy hates Trump.

‘Resist’ This!

25. patrickhenrycensored says:

The woman who rammed a security barrier at the White House with her van was arrested for trying to climb the White House fence twice in 2017.

26. >>476196 Q !UW.yye1fxo 02/23/18 (Fri) 18:50:22
    Libel laws.
    End of MSM.

Q

27. SeekerOfTruth says:

Social media as a distraction.
    Words of wisdom from a “professional” female ski racer – Mikaela Shiffrin.

She said that for the entire Olympics she never once viewed Facebook, twitter, or any other social media. Not once. She said the media was everywhere and so much attention. She was worried that even one simple innocent tweet or post would draw micro-scrutiny and backlash and she did not want to have to worry about looking at comments to her posts. Shiffrin is still innocent and loves people, sees good in people, and does not like or need disturbing conflicts.

There is nothing wrong with that. She loves to ski and lets it out on snow. People see her passion and skill on snow and they connect with that.

So she stayed totally out of social media. She did have a few posts put out to Facebook per her sponsors requirements. So after she won any medal she had somebody else post a required sponsor post thanking sponsors to help her win a medal. Be she never viewed those posts or any reactions to them.

For the first time ever I did watch a replay of her interview on Megyn Kelly NBC show. She comes across as still so sweet and innocent and appreciative all she has. Megyn did however try to bait her into a controversy by asking her how she gets along with Lindsey Vonn.

Mikaela could not or did not see the possible divisive question lead Megyn did. And instead said she considered Vonn a hero growing up and admired her skiing and did not want to bother her when she was little girl and just getting started. And other good things about Vonn. She could not see the evil intent in that question and only saw good in it.

This was obviously not what Kelly wanted as Kelly is like a Jerry Springer and wants and needs hate and conflict. Kelly could barely smile after Shiffrin’s genuine and innocent response to her bait question.

PS. Her Mom is her best friend and protects her daughter well from the many distractions and often evil distractions. Consider how well she would ski if she had to endue vile leftists attacks daily like most of us. She would fail as a skier because of emotional baggage.

Business is business. 5 months of the year you ski races to win and nothing else matters. Have fun off season. She ended the Olympics with one gold, one silver and one fourth. And more importantly she is way ahead in the world cup standings. Olympics gives no world cup points. Back to business. 2 days for social media and then business again in Switzerland and Germany where ski fans are everywhere and Mikaela is a mega star – a very popular frenemy.

28. lawrencepaul1 says:

Seems like there were some decent cops willing to do their jobs but they got there to late.

“Shocked And Outraged”: Four Broward Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred

29. TrueNorthSeeker says:

Chris Farrell of Judicial Watch just dropped the name of Lisa Monico of Obama’s DOJ. Hinted at her being a point of contact in the McCabe-Strzok-Page cabal. And she worked for Mueller as his Chief of Staff when he was FBI director. I had not heard her name before. Perhaps others in our tree house have?

30. patrickhenrycensored says:

Trump directs Pentagon to schedule military parade for Veterans Day

31. patrickhenrycensored says:

MetLife and Symantec cyber-security announced Friday they are ending discount programs with the NRA and NRA members.

• Dixie says:

In case you haven’t seen it, Symantec bought LifeLock sometime last year, so now they have submerged LifeLock in the swamp with them. I hate it because it was great having the security of Lifelock, a very dependable company, and now I’m going to have to drop my 10 year membership with them. I don’t care about the discounts as I wasn’t even aware of them and never used any discounts, but I just can’t be aligned with a company that is so blind they cannot see.

32. TrueNorthSeeker says:

Tucker just mentioned, albeit briefly, the 2013 change in school policy in Broward County to reduce school arrests. Perhaps he’s received those forwarded texts that Fle and others have forwarded! Sundances’ in depth work on this is starting to show up in the media. Yeah!!

33. Liked by 2 people

34. AmericaFirst says:

Reading this gives me chills, and our country will suffer for the huge success he has already had:

Soros Buying a Texas DA Seat

35. Pam says:

36. phoenixRising says:

37. duchess01 says:

News | The White House – 02/23/2018

38. phoenixRising says:

39. phoenixRising says:

40. Pam says:

41. scott467 says:

Not sure if this belongs in ‘presidential politics’ or the ‘Open’ thread, but people here at CTH will be interested to see this tweet from @Thomas1774Paine, a.k.a. TruePundit.com:

…………………………………………
    Thomas Paine
    ‏ @Thomas1774Paine
    12h
    12 hours ago

We gave FBI chances to do the right thing in Las Vegas massacre probe. THEY DIDN’T. We will Expose what they’re hiding. This cover-up makes Watergate look like a children’s birthday party. SOON. (RT and share cause Twitter doesn’t want you to). SUPPORT US!
    …………………………………………