Thursday February 15th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

283 Responses to Thursday February 15th – Open Thread

1. BigMamaTEA says:

On Senate tee-vee…….”excitement” on the Floor today. {snicker}

Any one interested, take a look at what Chuckles submitted last night as the Demonrat immigration plan. Notice all the hand notations!!!

Now, the question is did Chuckles change the date to June 30, 2018 BEFORE or AFTER 8 RINO’s signed on? (I’ll post those in next comment)

Republi-rats are trying to get the “Grassley bill” for a Vote, Chuckles submitted the Demonrats’ above, and TurtleHead has up to this point have a “blank bill” be filled in.

Oh, and Trump is telling the Senate right now he will VETO Chuckles’ bill!

• James F says:

I never knew much about Senator Rounds before but I now know all I need to know.

Senator Mike Rounds is a RINO traitor.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yeah I know, and a few of ’em haven’t figured out there’s a new sheriff in town and he’s got 65+million of us as his posse, and those of us who are activists are going to be looking to recruit new activists in their states next!!

2. BigMamaTEA says:

Meet the new Gang of Immigration 8…… I have put the re-election date of their Seat at the end of each name.

Mike Rounds (S.D.) – 2020

Johnny Isakson (Ga.) – 2022

Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) – 2020

Susan Collins (Maine) – 2020 – (has been wavering on running for Maine gov. but no decision yet)

Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) – 2022

Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – 2018 -SEAT UP for grabs- not running again

Lindsey Graham (S.C.) – 2020

Cory Gardner (Colo.) – 2020

If any of these are “your guys” I’d contact them. Ask them why they signed onto the Demonrat (Chuckles’) bill?

(pssp. Expect them to say “it wasn’t like that when I signed on” {which may or may not be true, but if you lie with dogs expect fleas!})

• annieoakley says:

Corey Gardner ? A Pox on him.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes, and Corey Gardner, is the in the appointed position of RS-LMNOP(?) leader (it’s a position that helps to recruit for empty seats in the Senate!) Which means a guy that votes for straight amnesty and open borders in an appointed position will be recruiting new people to join the Senate.

3. BigMamaTEA says:

Okay, TurtleHead just came to the floor and stated for the Record that the Cloture vote “ripens” at 2:30pmEST today.

So, procedural votes should start soon after.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Apparently there are a couple of other bills which have not been presented yet according to Cornyn. (Apparently Sen.Rounds also signed a bill with Collins!)

4. Alive&Breathing says:

Nancy doesn’t seem mentally capable holding office.

Even with talking points she is still incoherent.

5. BigMamaTEA says:

The “Grassley” bill has itself undergone some changes since it was first announced Sunday night!!

I’d rather NOTHING be passed than a bundle of crap.

See Jamie Dupree’s breakdown……http://jamiedupree.blog.ajc.com/2018/02/14/senate-republicans-unveil-daca-dreamers-plan-with-nearly-100-billion-price-tag/

6. BigMamaTEA says:

BOOM! Cruz is lowering the boom on both sides’ bills. Good job.

7. Lots of important topics in the Open Thread today. And now I will contribute a new topic that is of great importance to me.

I am not giving up on ANY region of the country! Freedom is for all Americans.

Some whose eyes are set on the prize of true freedom for our nation are preparing to join in the most powerful effort of all (as given by our Lord Jesus Christ), that is, fasting + prayer.

California Dreaming Fast

Three leaders, providing three complementary initiatives, to see the people of California (and the world) turn again to God.

1. Celebratory worship, releasing praise and joy.
    “now is the time for what has been sown in tears to be spring forth in harvest.” Ps. 126
    “The fasts… will become joyful and glad occasions and happy festivals for Judah.” Zechariah 8:19

2. A complete fasting from negativity towards the state and it’s people, rallying thousands to prophesy blessing over California as in Psalm 67. As we fast from negativity it will be important to release the opposite spirit of joy and blessings to open the heavens.

3. Forty days of fasting and prayer for this great harvest, March 1st to April 9th, 2018.

Harvest Thanks and Petition
    Psalm 67

(for the leader; with stringed instruments. a psalm; a song)

May God be gracious to us and bless us; may his face shine upon us.
    Selah

So shall your way be known upon the earth,
    your victory among all the nations.

May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you!

May the nations be glad and rejoice;
    for you judge the peoples with fairness,
    you guide the nations upon the earth.
    Selah

May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you!

The earth has yielded its harvest;
    God, our God, blesses us.

May God bless us still;
    that the ends of the earth may revere him.

8. nikkichico7 says:

One more …. 😏

9. BigMamaTEA says:

Back to Senate tee-vee……Well, we’ve just had a series of votes. Nothing has passed, due to the fact that they need 3/5th vote right now for the Cloture vote.

**IMO TurtleHead should’ve gone nuclear since the lines are so close in this Senate. But , TurtleHead refuses to do that, just-in-case they should lose the Senate. {SMH} How about instead TurtleHead lose his SEAT!!! Ahwaaaa, but TurtleHead is happy to think as long as he’s in the Senate he will be minority leader, and that’s okay too! His Leadership position for the next “Congressional Session” = 2 years; needs to be challenged, since his Senate term is not up until 2020.

This is a Senate Rule. Not in the Constitution. But, the Constitution does all each Chamber to determine their own Rules on how the chamber is run.

Right now, they are behind closed doors with nothing to show for this entire week. Stay tuned.

• dbethd says:

Thanks for the update.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Let me clarify…..A combination of Chuckles’ bill with McNasty/Vlad Coons = FAILED = {good IMO, Trump threatened to Veto anyway if passed}

The Toomey Amendment to penalize Sanctuary Cities for what they are doing = FAILED = {bad IMO)

And the Grassley bill = FAILED {Now I’m a little torn on this one cause I do not like the Trump-added increased numbers in illegals allowed. But I’m really torn after finding out that there have been more changes to that bill since it was presented at the beginning of the week, and wonder if Trump has been told correctly. I trust no one.)

10. BigMamaTEA says:

Ha! I’ve been so wrapped-up in Senate tee-vee, I forgot it’s CURSDAY!

11. Lucille says:

No, There Have Not Been 18 School Shootings In 2018
    MRCTV

12. BigMamaTEA says:

Senate adjourned until 12:00 noonEST tomorrow.

13. Sepp says:

Today is the 15th according to the civil calendar, but is February 2nd on the traditional Church calendar.

The Feast Day of the Meeting of the Lord in the Temple is commemorated 40 days after the Savior’s Nativity. There He met Saint Simeon and the Prophetess Anna. (See the Gospel according to Saint Luke). Saint Simeon was one of the 70 who were charged to translate the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek and lived to a very old age, permitted by God, so that he would meet the Messiah.

Then, St. Joseph the Betrothed (who was an elderly widower with several children when God appointed him to be the guardian of the Ever-Virgin Mary and her Divine Son) took the Theotokos and Jesus Christ, along with St. James (his son by his first wife) into Egypt for safekeeping.

14. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

15. tazz2293 says:

My friends I have enjoyed my time with you all, sadly it is time for me to say goodbye. I am off to live my life in whatever ignorant bliss I may be able to find.

If the alarm sounds I will answer it.

As for the rest of this mess, Prep, Pray, Prep some more, then Pray a whole lot more and keep Praying.

God Bless you all.

Adieu

16. old deplorable owl says:

Treeper Peeple, please help me out here. When I come on here, the only way I know to sign in is to upvote a comment, then ever-miserable Word Press opens a box and wants a log-in. OK, done! It’s sometimes an hour before it finally recognizes the log-in, always at least a half-hour. I can usually speed it up by posting a comment, but hate to post mindless babble just to get logged in.
    Coming here by way of Pale Moon browser, Firefox gets same result, so it seems to be a WP thing. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I don’t know about? I’ve never seen any complaint about this, unlike the ‘no edit function’. (wonder if we could threaten a DoS attack if WP doesn’t give us edit?, hee hee), so I’m thinking it’s prolly sumpin I don’t know? Any help much appreciated!