Yesterday President Trump invited the media to keep their cameras on during a round-table discussion on trade.  He did this for a reason.  President Trump wanted the American voters to watch Republican politicians demand that he stop trying to bring manufacturing jobs to the United States.

In essence, Trump doing what Trump does best, played the role of Toto and pulled back the curtain on the Republican anti-American corporate business agenda.  The republicans in attendance never paused to reflect upon the sunlight or the reason for their specific invitations. They are comfortable back-room deals and POTUS Toto relaxed them perfectly.

One by one the Republicans took-the-bait and fully exposed themselves.  Lamar Alexander, Mike Lee, Pat Toomey and Roy Blout all took turns telling POTUS to quit trying to save American high-wage jobs, drop the national economic view and just accept multinational corporate globalism.

The subsequent full-throated establishment display stands as one of the greatest plays of the Trump administration to date. However, it was Republican Senator Ron Johnson from Wisconsin who really went the full distance:

[Transcript] […] In Wisconsin, a big manufacturing state, in seven years I have not visited one manufacturer that could hire enough people. That was certainly my experience in the last 20, 25 years. For a host of reasons, we tell our kids you have to get a four-year degree. We pay people not to work. So we do need to be concerned about, in such a tight labor market, do we have enough workers in manufacturing.

So my final point is, it makes no sense for me to try and bring back high labor-content manufacturing to America. We need to do the value added things. And so I would just say, proceed with real caution there.  (more)

Most people are becoming increasingly aware of the Republican agenda to keep the interests of multinational corporations at the top of their priority list; however, it is still rather remarkable to listen to an entire room of them admit, openly, their agenda is to work against the U.S. middle-class, support mass immigration, and keep the U.S. economy on the “service-driven” path.

Within trade policy is where President Trump breaks away from the modern Republican views. This is the heart of MAGA.  Trade and immigration is where President Trump fractures the party apparatus of both Republicans and Democrats.

Lastly, don’t expect the “corporate conservative media”, Fox News, Ingraham, Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Salem Media etc, to showcase these revelations; it is against their financial interests to do so.

Senator Johnson’s eye-opening remarks begin around 32:00 of the video below [prompted, just hit play]:  {transcript here}

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Economy, Election 2018, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

904 Responses to Republican Senator Ron Johnson Tells President Trump “it makes no sense to try and bring back high labor manufacturing jobs”…

1. daughnworks247 says:

You guys are correct, we need to change the attitude towards the trades as well.
    One afternoon, I was picking up a girlfriend for our monthly garden club meeting. I honked the horn and she rushed out of the house, head down, in a hurry and dove into my car. I asked her about her strange behavior. She was worried about the workers next door “watching her” because she was home alone.
    I looked over at the construction site to see 3 generations of the Ross boys, masons, we used all the time. Her comment ticked me off.
    I backed up out of her driveway and onto the lot of the new home and rolled down the window motioning for the guys to come over to the car. “What are you doing?” she was nervous and just about screaming at me.
    The daddy came ambling over, recognized me and asked me if I brought him some cookies (I always gave them scratch chocolate chip cookies when we paid them as our subcontractors – which meant my stuff got done first). I said no, not today, but had scheduled for the mason’s sand to be delivered to “X” place and when they were ready, it was there – and thank you. We waved good-bye.
    Girlfriend was in shock. “You KNOW them”, she shrieked.
    I explained every one of them was carrying at least one pistol and would gladly kill anyone who even THOUGHT about attacking her. AND the daddy lived less than 10 houses away from her (literally around the corner), in a home, that was bigger than her’s, which he built himself. “Maybe you should get to know your neighbors”, I sneered.

2. Good Job! says:

Let me get this straight the opinion of many here–

American policy has be wage deflation and shipping off manufacturing jobs for thirty years as decided by profit seeking large corporations and their politician supporters.

The predicament this caused in the labor market is the workers’ fault. Or the schools. Right, the liberals in Schools did it! Schools and workers!

Rush Limbaughland for real.

• Chuck Noname says:

The predicament is indeed the fault of the schools (Teacher’s Union and Administrators) and greedy Contractors/Sub-contractors. The schools have virtually eliminated Vo-Tech from the Junior High and High Schools – few if any have shop classes like SO many of us used to have starting in 7th grade. Wood shop, metal shop, etc. are all gone – and it started in the late 80s and early 90s. And the contractors, knowing they cannot find young enough young American kids to roll up their sleeves and work a trowel, a hammer, or carry roofing shingles – they began to hire who? Ah yes – Pedro, Paco, Esteban..paying them slightly more than what they were getting to pick apples or oranges. They brought their families with them to work them in the hotels, motels and restaurants. Once a “foreman” was found who could translate and subsequently teach the others, they quickly learned, passed the “requirements” down to others still in their home countries. Nowadays, with the advent of cell phones, instant communication, assistance from so-called “church groups” to aid in the human trafficking, all getting paid BY the Gumment to help the “refugees” – it is a billion dollar industry. So yeah “Good Job” – this IS the fault of the schools, and the “workers” who have learned how to break the law on a massive scale.

3. LafnH2O says:

Ron Johnson (U-CoC)
    Lamar Alexander (U-CoC)
    Mike Lee (U-CoC)
    Pat Toomey (U-CoC)
    Roy Blout (U-CoC)

(R-USA) – (U-???) – (D-USA)

Is a three party system is in place?🤔🤔
    I’ve decided to assign each Politician with a new “Quick Glance” ID system to help me keep them straight. 🎩SD

Midterms approaching.
    Know Thy Enemy..

4. sunnydaze says:

AAAaaarghhh….I absolutely hate elitist scum like Sen Ron Johnson.

Who TF does he think he is deciding for others the kinds of jobs they may want to do.

And depriving Americans of having sources for products that are not dependent on the whims of our relationships with other countries?

People like him ARE the problem.

• singingsoul says:

My husband has spoken with many contractors who want to hirer American workers they told my husband out of 100 people 2 pass the drug test. Pot and codeine is number one problem and then all the other stuff. This is OH and KY
      My husband told me more and more manufacturing companies test for drugs also. We have done a wonderful job drugging our kids and make it it available to them.
      Who is responsible for all of this ? My neighbors kid played foot ball injured his back and doctor gave him codeine and parents want their kid to plays bad. The kid went down hill from there never will work a normal job he does all kind of drugs. They moved to Florida..
      We cannot get anyone to paint our house or work on the rain gutter they are all drugged up.
      We did a good job making zombies out of kids.

• sunnydaze says:

Singing, we’ve been having a problem with Movers showing up drunk in N. FL.

Bizarre as heck. I’d heard about it from others and then, one late morning went to meet some for my neighbors and….sure enough! One of the guys had such a liquor breath it was unbelievable!

• Betty says:

With no proof at all I totally believe that the Fast and Furious gun running to Mexico was to arm Obama’s preferred drug cartel. Then they established a drug super highway from Mexico to Chicago, and from there to just outside the fence of every grade school in the United States.

So thank Obama, he and the forces who want to destroy America are behind this drug epidemic.

• Carrie2 says:

sunnydaze, just accept they can’t be millionaires on a miserly $200K a year and benefits we need to remove as we did not authorize them for our employees. They take outsider money via lobbyists and then think they own us. Yep, 2018 means we should start not voting for anyone with two terms already, and look for candidates that are made to understand they are employees and not gods. Let them know we will be watching them and any false move means they are fired! We must Drain the Congress Swamp of smarmy nasty creatures like these now or kick ourselves in the behind again by not using our brains and votes.

• Ken says:

Yes he is and sounds like a true DC swamp rat.

5. fred5678 says:

The next time some idiot (like Dick Durbin) says we need illegal immigrants to do the jobs American won’t do, show them this:

20 pallet factories in Nancy Pelosi’s Bay Area backyard, $4 to $5 an hour cash, unsanitary conditions, safety equipment removed from power saws.

Complete Cal – OSHA reports.

6. Zippy says:

Oleg Deripaska is noted for his very close ties with Vladimir Putin. This reinforces my theory that the Russians are now ROTFL about the scandal they have intentionally engineered here in the US by providing our deep state with garbage about Trump counting on the deep state to break every rule to use it against him.

Was Christopher Steele Paid by Russian Oligarch and Putin Ally Oleg Deripaska?
    New information casts the dossier he allegedly authored in a new light

Conversation about this starts at 13:10:

7. Patriot1 says:

Every western country has high paying manufacturing jobs. Only when you whore out the AMerican economy do you say something as ignorant as Ron Johnson. WHore much Johnson?

8. Patriot1 says:

Lets get rid of our car manufacturing as well. I’d like to buy a pickup for $15000 not $75000. How are those jobs still here? Must have good lobbyists.

9. Jim says:

• singingsoul says:

Jim says:
      “I watched the whole thing and it was very interesting and everyone but Ron Johnson had good comments and suggestions.”
      ______________________________________________
      Ron Johnson and his like are on government hand out also because what do they do..? The produce nothing for the american people and they are full of gas.

10. whoseyore says:

I wrote an email to both Senator Toomey and Senator Johnson. They need to hear from us!
    I would encourage each of you to slam them with messages.

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

Isn’t this the Ron Johnson that pops up at the last minute to kill the repeal of Obamacare not once but twice. It doesn’t surprise me. I thought then he was bought and paid for.

12. Wayne Robinson says:

Someone needs to fire the dumb shit that fails to understand that manufactoring is doing value added thing dumb asshole needs his ass kicked up between his shoulder blades / America does not need anymore assholes likethis on the payroll

13. spren says:

I worked 13 years for a steel industry railroad in McKeesport, PA in National Works. We produced tubular products for the oil and gas industry. Our plant supplied most of the pipe used to build the Alaskan pipeline. Despite having just earned a B.A. degree, my Philosophy major didn’t open many doors for me. I started on the railroad as an hourly (non-union) yard clerk. For that time (mid 70s) the pay was very good (approx $5/hour).

These jobs provided tremendous opportunity for people with only a high school degree the chance at a middle class income. Within three years, and making only $18K per year, I was able to buy a brand new house in a very nice neighborhood. Despite the economic woes in much of the country, our plant was booming and employed over 4200 workers.

But starting in the mid 70s Japan started dumping tremendous levels of steel in our country. This was combined with a perfect storm of restrictive EPA regulations on the steel industry along with a recalcitrance of the labor unions to accept new work rules to become more cost effective and efficient. When the price of oil cratered in 1982, our plant and our business declined dramatically. After having been promoted into management in 1978, by 1986 I was the last remaining manager on our railroad, and one of the youngest of the 120 employees remaining in the entire plant. I watched the plant be cannibalized around me, with us tearing down the mill and taking the steel down to barges on the river to be shipped away as scrap.

The community went into massive decline, and has never recovered. Having earned a Master’s Degree at night while still working, I was able to obtain a viable career in a different industry, but most of those displaced were not so fortunate.

It is a shame what happened to all of those old steel towns (Pittsburgh, Johnstown, Youngstown) with entire generations thrown into desperation and dependence. I am so proud of PDJT with his attempts to restore these opportunities for people to have good lives without having to go to our SJW indoctrination camps (college) and to once again build great lives for themselves and their families. Trump supported the blue collar workers and that is why he won. These Republicans better be careful or they are going to be obsoleted just like the manufacturing industries they destroyed through their incompetence and lack of foresight. Sorry for the long rant, but wanted to bring some personal experience into these issues.

• Jan says:

Good story!! My Dad worked at a GM plant in Indiana as a tool maker. Didn’t like the unions & voted Republican his whole life. Wouldn’t take my Mom to the polls because she voted Democrat and she didn’t drive. Been thru the oil & gas booms myself in Colorado. Ended up owning a fast food business with my husband for several years. Only 1 in 10 kids have any sort of work ethic in Boulder. The good ones had 2 jobs. The rest spent all their time on their cell phones texting. I reckon a plumber or carpenter can deal with that texting problem real quick. I’m a big believer in vocational & on-the job training, ESPECIALLY because of the crap our professors/universities are teaching these days.

• harrietht3 says:

That is just too delicious: “Wouldn’t take my Mom to the polls because she voted Democrat and she didn’t drive.”

Maybe only .01% of American citizens will agree with me, but Women’s suffrage has proved to be a major component of the rise of Big Government, central planning advances, and the breakdown of the family.

Just look at the timeline and the gradual descent of our core, foundational, American values. Now we get to look at a Johnson and hear him speak against the virtues of hard, *honest* work in our manufacturing sectors — in my mind, it’s all of a piece.

• rashomon says:

After WWII, The Marshall Plan (Europe) and Ed Deming’s ingenuity (Japan) restored manufacturing for our eventual competitors, and after The Korean War, treaties between Japan and S. Korea brought the latter out of its depression by sharing the Deming innovations in manufacturing of steel and ships. But, no program helped the U.S. steel industry move into and finance new tech such as electric arc furnaces. Lack of labor unions added to their ability to turn out low cost product.

Germany and, especially Japan and Korea stared dumping their products in the U.S. At one point, the Asian countries could buy up scrap in the Midwest, ship it home, turn it into product, ship it back to the Rust Belt markets. and still sell at a lower cost than the American steel mills could with the scrap in their backyards and the buyers within miles.

Arrogance? Perhaps on the part of the owners, the unions and the politicians. But it’s darn dangerous for our homeland security, and restarting such critical industries (with multiple U.S. competitors to keep prices at bay) must be a #1 priority.

BTW, and I’ve shared this before, a relative was on his way to a PhD on full scholarship in naval engineering. U.S. manufacturing in this area had dipped so low, he had to go to S. Korea for his hands-on internships. He finally gave up this dream recognizing there jobs in the U.S. were too evasive and he didn’t want to live overseas. Oh well.

14. William F Buckley's Ghost says:

There’s no value added with Ron Johnson!

15. RedBallExpress says:

The proponents of open borders estimate that 80% of the milk produced in Wisconsin comes from huge mega dairies that rely 100% on Mexican labor. In other words illegal immigrants.

It should be pointed out by family farmer dairies such as myself that these polluting concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFO) are heavily subsidized with huge low interest loans. Anyone that doubts it please explain how a farm with $1,000,000 in assets can easily receive a $10,000,000 dollar loan. There is a giant farm construction disaster brewing in southern Wisconsin that is so big (I think it is 5000+ cows) they installed their own concrete plant on site. A lot of the material is from a project Illinois rejected. Of course Paul Ryan’s relative’s are the contractors of this Wisconsin fiasco. They are well connected with governor Scott Walker and others.

• G. Combs says:

Those concentrated animal feeding operations not only are big polluters they are also breeding grounds for new varieties of bacteria like E. coli O157:H7

• RedBallExpress says:

They definitely contaminant water aquifers. They haul feed in from a 50 miles radius and dump millions of tons of manure in a very small local area. Politicians don’t want to be bothered with messy details like that. They are big and impressive and that is all that matters.

The dirty little secret is most large dairies can not raise enough young stock to replace the short lived cows they burn out. They have very high mortality in both calves and cows. Five to fifteen years ago heifer prices were through the roof and they had to buy them from small farms. That has changed dramatically with the introduction of sexed semen. In other words they get way more heifers and very few bulls – and they need them.

• Carrie2 says:

This evening a Mexican man came with two children to see about a Shaklee product for his youngest. I asked him again from the last time here did he apply for citizenship. He said no that he had a temporary (TPS) card to work but if left the country it was no longer valid. I said you have 18 yrs. here as an illegal and 18 yrs. is NOT temporary. Be prepared if ICE comes to your workplace and you are taken immediately to be deported. He truly did not understand what I was saying. So I told him 18 yrs. here and you still do not speak MY language yet I learned yours and am an expert in Spanish in just 2 years. What you are doing is illegal and you are insulting America that has provided goodies to you and yours and frankly we don’t like it. My husband who came here and got a green card (this man tonight knows nothing because he doesn’t have enough brains to be informed) and the applied for citizenship and learned good English ON HIS OWN while we do offer free classes in CA. Told him what he must do or he and family are gone with ICE in town and where to go to get what was needed. Temporary means just that – for a short time and not for 18 yrs.

• Carrie2 says:

RedBallExpress, and I have always said what are our taxes supporting the milk industry when so much milk unfortunately is being drunk every day. Known since 1950 and 1970 that cow daily products are toxic and why so many have allergies, especially children. They sell a lot of dairy and then eat the darn cow when it can no longer produce so support them by us? No way, Jose. I sure didn’t ask for government help in my business!

16. AH_C says:

Good ad material there for challengers.

17. Mike says:

What a RINO. Wisconsin is as messed up as Arizona with their politicians. The plan is and always has been to cut welfare and push those people into manufacturing. Automation will be replacing people too so more Americans will need work and even if something is all automated better here than China where they can strong arm us for crappy goods. Trek Bicycle use to make even their 150 dollar bikes in Wisconsin in the 1990s. The it was only 1000 and up, 2000, 3000. Now maybe if you got five grand they’ll make you a frame in a little shop that is a shell of it’s former self. Does everything have to be a race to the bottom?

18. Mike diamond says:

Ron Johnson must be part of the swamp!

19. Mike diamond says:

President Trump is doing a great job ! We pray for him and his family daily !