January 12th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #358

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,639 Responses to January 12th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #358

1. Chris says:

I figured everyone here could use a laugh. My mother was getting her house cleaned, and one of the cleaners said, “So, what do you think about Trump?” It was apparently said in a condescending way, making it clear that she didn’t like him. My mom replied that she liked President Trump very much. She loves our President. The cleaner replied, “So you like Chris Christie too then? I guess you’re Catholic and a Republican.” I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean considering the ridiculous comments by the Pope. My mom was so angry. She’s planning to call the cleaning company and tell them to never send this cleaner to her house again.

• sunnydaze says:

Know someone who had to call an electrical company and tell them about a creepy anti-Jewish guy they had making calls.

I was there when he came. The guy was so disgusting, hope they fired his A$$, frankly.

• treehouseron says:

I would have handled it a little different. I’d tell them my preference for politics is part of the reason I’m relaxing on the sofa watching Fox Business and they’re cleaning my toilet.

• Zennalou says:

I got lucky! I had a painter here recently working in the basement, and discovered he was a Trump fan. As a bonus he was also CTH fan. After some time yakking, I realized I was keeping him from his work. I would go upstairs to let him get back to work. It wouldn’t be long until he would find an excuse to come and ask me something, and the conversation would change quickly to politics again. This happened time and time again.
      I kept his business card, definitely will call again.

2. andrewalinxs says:

The press pushing all this bs story lines one after another for the weekend is a little uncharacteristic of them. Normally they like to hammer one headline the fact they are pushing so hard with so many reeks of desperation and fear of some incoming moab.

3. Pam says:

In other news, the president has basically been given a clean bill of health.

4. PDQ says:

Statement by the President on the Iran Nuclear Deal

No one should doubt my word. I said I would not certify the nuclear deal—and I did not. I will also follow through on this pledge. I hereby call on key European countries to join with the United States in fixing significant flaws in the deal, countering Iranian aggression, and supporting the Iranian people. If other nations fail to act during this time, I will terminate our deal with Iran. Those who, for whatever reason, choose not to work with us will be siding with the Iranian regime’s nuclear ambitions, and against the people of Iran and the peaceful nations of the world.

• FofBW says:

That is clarity!

• Dixie says:

And I agree with him that he should start recording his meetings with the crummy demonrats to keep them from telling lies about what he said. Just the fact that he’s recording it, even if it is never shown, will keep them from putting words in his mouth. I’m just amazed at the amount of this which goes on as though the dems are teenagers consumed with jealousy.

• fedback says:

Excellent.
      Boris Johnson challenged him to come up with a better plan yesterday when Johnson and EU met with the horrible mullah regime in Brussels.
      EU and UK siding with the mullahs instead of the Iranian people, just because of the nuclear deal. Pathetic

5. sp says:

Why do I wish his doctor would have said something like “it was the best exam ever”

• MAGADJT says:

HAHA me too. Remember during the campaign when he did his physical with his personal doctor, and the guy wrote a letter that said “Donald Trump is probably the healthiest person to ever run for President of the United States.”? That was the best.

6. Nchadwick says:

Ohhhh no SHE didn’t….wth

• treehouseron says:

Umm…….

• phoenixRising says:

Have fund Hill, you won’t be able to tweet with your hands cuffed.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I don’t get it. Does she think if she feebly tries to throw shade at PDJT over Haiti that people won’t notice that she and Bill stole every dime that was given to Haiti to rebuild?

Honestly, remember when people said she was the smartest woman in the room?

It seems to me a smarter play would be to STFU and hope that no one will say your name in connection with Haiti.

• bandfreak22 says:

What bothers me most about her tweet is the fact she is tweeting at all. I would think if she felt threatened, or concerned with all the investigating and evidence coming to light that she would be quiet. This just makes me feel she is not worried, as she feels emboldened enough to speak like this and call out the president.

• Wisc says:

That’s a sign of the disease–she and Comey both have it. They both speak in high-minded terms, with absolutely no sense of guilt or awareness of their own culpability. Stunning hypocrisy. But I’m on to it, and I think other Americans are as well.

• heidi says:

How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians: (by Dinesh D’Souza)
      I don’t blame the Haitians for falling for it; Bill is one of the world’s greatest story-tellers. He has fooled people far more sophisticated than the poor Haitians. Over time, however, the Haitians wised up. Whatever their initial expectations, many saw that much of the aid money seems never to have reached its destination; rather, it disappeared along the way. Where did it go? It did not escape the attention of the Haitians that Bill Clinton was the designated UN representative for aid to Haiti. Following the earthquake, Bill Clinton had with media fanfare established the Haiti Reconstruction Fund. Meanwhile, his wife Hillary was the United States secretary of state. She was in charge of U.S. aid allocated to Haiti. Together the Clintons were the two most powerful people who controlled the flow of funds to Haiti from around the world.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437883/hillarys-america-secret-history-democratic-party-dinesh-dsouza-clinton-foundation

• peace says:

Sounds like she’s lost it. Must me mentally unstable now as well as physically unstable.

7. sunnydaze says:

8. Howie says:

Been to Haiti many times since the 70’s. The couth Haitians dig a hole to shit in. The rest just squat wherever they feel like it. No hole. Right in the street. Nobody cares. It is normal. Whats the diff between a couth and uncouth Haitian….the couth Haitian digs a hole. Not joking.

• sunnydaze says:

All the Hatians I know use a toilet, just like you (presumably) do, Howie.

The relatives up in the Maine woods, however…..

• Lived in Accra Ghana yrs ago. Women stroll down the street wearing those full length wrapped sheet things. So colorful, cultural, and convenient for straddling wide storm sewers and “letting go”. Still, not as bad as Haiti I guess.

• ecmarsh says:

Nigeria observation.
        Walking down the road with a bunch of firewood on her head, stop for a moment, pull out the front of the sheet, let it fly, couple of pats on the butt to shake the dew off, and down the road she would go.
        The men just pulled it out and took a leak anywhere plus dumped right out in the open. At least the women had a bit of modesty regarding #2.

9. SeekerOfTruth says:

U.S. Treasury: 90% of Americans Will See Larger Paychecks in February

The Treasury Department released new withholding tables that ensure many Americans will see higher pay checks.

According to the department, 90-percent of Americans will see larger paychecks starting next month.

“This new guidance means that workers and their families will receive larger paychecks starting in February,” announced Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

The money going into the pockets of Americans is a direct result of the tax cuts promised by President Trump.

The changes implemented by the Treasury Department will work with existing W-4’s filed by employees.

This means that American workers don’t have to do anything to receive the savings.

10. Bendix says:

A commenter on Mark Steyn’s site says that US Border Patrol agents help keep Haitians from illegally crossing into the Dominican Republic.
    I did not know that.
    Why should that be?

11. ecmarsh says:

And for other news,

12. rich33y says:

FTA – Rep Devin Nunes wants to give all 435 members of Congress Security Clearance by the end of the Month to read all of the documents he now has access to.

There was no abuse of the law regarding Foreigners, but there is evidence of Government surveillance of Americans.

13. linda4298 says:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/john-kasich-cnn-needs-to-move-on-from-trumps-comments-and-focus-on-real-issues-video/ John Kasich: CNN Needs To ‘Move On’ From Trump’s Comments And Focus On Real Issues [VIDEO]

14. Pam says:

15. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

If you didn’t catch The Story with Martha McCallum tonight
    1st up was John Roberts – he doesn’t look well…. what is wrong with him?
    anyways… he schpeeled his ususal “Fair and Unbalanced Fake News” ….. Grrrr

but right after him was a awesome interview of Angel Mom Mary Ann Mendoza
    I wish i could get just a video clip of that interview by itself as it really should be shared
    everywhere tonight!

16. Pam says:

17. Pam says:

18. linda4298 says:

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/immigration-expert-thought-latestgang-of-six-daca-compromise-was-a-joke/ “It really seemed to me almost consciously contemptuous of what the president wanted to do … I think they really think that he is a moron and think they can push him around,” he said.

19. Pam says:

• lastinillinois says:

I sometimes wonder what Hillary Clinton’s parents think of her.
      I wonder if they are proud of her.

I wonder if she is purposely such a nasty, spiteful, hateful, deceitful, murderous demon because of her upbringing.

I wonder if her parents did something to her when she was young that would make her hate humanity the way she does.

I wonder what would’ve/could’ve happened in her childhood that would make her such a horrible person.

• treehouseron says:

I honestly believe, and a lot of people won’t agree, that Hillary ruined Bill. Bill went to the dark side when he met Hillary, if you watch his old girlfriend from high school talk about it she explains the whole thing.

Not sure if he would have still been a rapist without meeting her, not sure if she had anything to do with that…. but most of his other crap you can blame on her.

• Nchadwick says:

If you research — tons of info out there — BOTH Bill and HRC parents/grandparents — you will ALL MAKE SENSE. Same w/ OBAMA’s parents and upbringing….

You, now hear — about not blaming the sins of the father, on the child — that is utter nonsense —

Maybe not blame, but NOT taking into consideration the dysfunction of candidates upbringing and family life is carelessness, on our part — and something to put huge importance on in the future.

20. Lucille says:

It may not be so farfetched to think the Dems/libs/progs/lefties will attempt to do this…

COULD A LEFTY FED JUDGE ORDER TRUMP’S REMOVAL?
    January 12, 2018 – by Daniel Greenfield

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

only if they want a blood bath

• Pam says:

This comment is not directed at you personally but to that article I say oh please, it’s not going to happen. Remember Alan Dershowitz? A dem? He’s already told people it’s not happening. The fear mongering is just ridiculous and it needs to stop.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Pam, I’m going to disagree with your post. You’re right, it isn’t likely. You’re right, Dershowitz said legally it is unlikely. Totally. The author of the article has made mincemeat of the argument and the person leading the charge, Dr. Lee.

But his larger point is the judiciary branch of government is not trustworthy and he points out numerous examples of how they have told PDJT he has authority to do his job.

I wouldn’t characterize this article as fear mongering but more of a reminder that the Left will try anything and the clash between the branches of government that the Left likes to set up are brutal.

• phoenixRising says:

that report is crap (pardon my language)

yeah, and pigs fly

• Sylvia Avery says:

So, I did read the article because I read Daniel Greenfield’s earlier article that just shredded this Dr. Bandy X. Lee who seems to be leading the charge. I had decided that her 15 minutes of fame were officially over, so I was surprised to see Greenfield talking about it again.

The article is sadly well reasoned. After acknowledging and quoting experts on the ridiculousness of the notion, he went on to say:

“…Conventional norms are expiring quickly. We’ve seen some insane usurpations of power by Federal judges in only one year.

Federal judges have insisted that President Trump has no right to set immigration policy, no right to set military standards, no right to suspend an ad-hoc policy of the previous admin like DACA amnesty, and really no power to do anything that the left disapproves of.

Could a Federal judge rule in favor of some coup troika of left-wing activist shrinks, lawyers and politicians? I wouldn’t rule it out. It would be a completely illegitimate decision. But so is declaring that the President of the United States can’t pause immigration from Syria because it would inconvenience the University of Hawaii.

Fundamental legal norms have been routinely tossed out by the left. And the Obama generation of judges is particularly notorious for a combination of radical politics and constitutional ignorance.

The left is trying to get inside every door. It’s like a zombie outbreak. This is one door. Not the likeliest one, but the left has a hundred more.

The real issue this raises is the inevitable collision between the elected branches of government and an activist judiciary. And this would be the breaking point for such a confrontation as it would involve a judge, effectively, removing the President of the United States.

Judges have done things like that locally. Trump would be the ultimate test case of judicial supremacism. And while I would like to think that this crisis isn’t coming, it may well show up before we know it…”

• Zennalou says:

Great post.
        Yesterday, I would not have believed a Senator would announce Chain-migration to be racist words. Didn’t believe even a dim would be so dim to say that. Today…..

• rf121 says:

But a judges ruling is based on respect for the bench. Sort of like a traffic light. When it is red we stop because we follow the law. However, at some point the judges ruling is so far outside of the law that we say, screw you.

A judge has no way to enforce. He can pound his hammer all day long but if the executive decides to ignore it what can the judge do?

That is why what the left is pushing is so dangerous. At some point the executive needs to make arrests for sedition because that is what they are doing.

• Binkser1 says:

Ley them try, I’m begging them to.

21. phoenixRising says:

worried about DACA? Read this… clever!

House DACA Bill Holds Major Surprise For Sanctuary, Democrats Fume As GOP Lays Down Law

22. Pam says:

• lastinillinois says:

Here we go –
      Uranium 1 indictments begin ……

• adoubledot says:

Somebody help me out here. After reading the indictment, I’m not seeing the connection to U1. Some guy from Maryland who ran a uranium transportation company bribes a Russian for extra business and overcharges a customer to pay for it means Hillary is going down soon?

• Sandra-VA says:

It is a beginning. It is all related to U1. You would have to go back and research the history of how U1 came about. Start with “Clinton Cash” on youtube. Then you need to google Frank Giustra out of Canada and Uranium. Then do a search on uranium mines in the USA and who owns them.

Rosatom is the Russian Co that ends up with all of it via stock purchases, ownership changes… it is a complicated path. This indictment is on the path.

The next documentary that someone needs to make is explaining why ALL the uranium in the world is centered in Kazakstan…

23. Pam says:

24. Pam says:

25. linda4298 says:

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/flashback-rolling-stone-defends-obama-calling-romney-bullshtter-its-magazine Vulgar language isn’t just acceptable – it’s even required for a U.S. president, Rolling Stone declared:

“It’s a dirty job, leading the free world. Sometimes it takes a few dirty words.”

26. LBB says:

CNN says some Las Vegas documents released too.

27. linda4298 says:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-bans-bestselling-author-ad-scandalous-presidency-barack-obama/ app-facebook
    Matt Margolis
    on Wednesday

You can now pre-order the hardcover of “The Scandalous Presidency of Barack Obama” — Head over to Amazon to pre-order it today!!!!

28. Pam says:

29. Pam says:

30. Patriot1783 says:

Hey it’s almost 10 on a Friday night….document dump time 😄

31. Just Scott says:

And another one gone, and another one gone. Another one bites the dust, yeah!
    Trump Effect Self-Triggered-Immolation, or Imminent-Indictment-Syndrome?

“U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley resigns on principle”

“As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies,” Feeley wrote in his letter. “My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come.”

• Roger Duroid says:

I call BS on anti Trump implication in his letter. Bet he has some senorita problem he doesnt want exposed. If really PDJT, he’d be crowing loud and clear.

• MfM says:

He actually resigned in December and was an Obama appointee. This is just virtue signaling.

He’s actually staying around until March, I bet it has to do with his retirement package and how much he makes… Sort of like Franken waiting until January to leave.

• treehouseron says:

I have nothing negative to say about htis guy Feeley. He’s absolutely right, if he doesn’t agree with what the Administration wants, he SHOULD resign. And he did. It had nothing to do with the Panama thing.

There’s nothing wrong with him simply resigning if he disagrees. I wish more people did that.

• ecmarsh says:

Good. Sell the embassy property. What good is Panama sense we gave the canal (that we built) to China.

32. jeans2nd says:

Fed judge orders FBI to turn over Comey memos Judicial Watch attorney on behalf of DCNF 3 min 52 sec

33. heidi says:

Clinton’s are racists, they prey off poor Haitians:

34. Pam says:

35. Pam says:

36. Pam says:

37. dizzymissl says:

😡😡😡
    Gunman’s girlfriend deleted Facebook account after Las Vegas shooting

Authorities released the name of mass murderer Stephen Paddock about an hour after Danley deleted her account. By 5 a.m., she had been located and identified as “a person of interest” in the shooting.

Within hours of the Las Vegas massacre that left 58 people dead, the gunman’s girlfriend had deleted her Facebook account, according to search warrants unsealed Friday.
    From a 32nd-floor Mandalay Bay suite, Stephen Paddock rained gunfire on concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest festival minutes after 10 p.m. on Oct. 1.
    Metropolitan Police Department investigators noticed that Marilou Danley, the gunman’s girlfriend, who was in the Philippines at the time, set her Facebook account to private at 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 2 and deleted the account by 2:46 a.m., according to an affidavit among more than 300 pages of documents handed over Friday by federal prosecutors after U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey ordered them unsealed.

38. linda4298 says:

Saw this on facebook, on a page about will you vote for Trump in 2020. Fred Clary Yesterday I was enjoying a day at the Magic Kingdom of the Walt Disney World complex. I had the opportunity to attend the Hall of Presidents attraction while I was there. Now I assume that the demographics at the park is a pretty fair and equal sampling of the American people. The show is a good overview featuring our elected leaders. Now, when the new Disney animtromic figure of Donald Trump stood to make its little speech, the audience absolutely exploded with applaud and cheer. So I figure if the people get that excited over an animtromic Trump, the real president will have no problem securing the election in 2020. No body does it better than Disney, the happiest place on earth.

39. MaineCoon says: