Earlier today U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley defiantly exercised the United States’ veto power, shutting down a Security Council resolution that would “nullify” President Trump’s recent recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

…”no nation on earth has the power to dictate where the US places its embassies.”

[Full Transcript of Ambassador Haley Remarks] Thank you, Mr. President.

I have been the proud Representative of the United States at the United Nations for nearly a year now. This is the first time I have exercised the American right to veto a resolution in the Security Council. The exercise of the veto is not something the United States does often. We have not done it in more than six years. We do it with no joy, but we do it with no reluctance.

The fact that this veto is being done in defense of American sovereignty and in defense of America’s role in the Middle East peace process is not a source of embarrassment for us; it should be an embarrassment to the remainder of the Security Council.

As I pointed out when we discussed this topic 10 days ago, I will once again note the features of the President’s announcement on Jerusalem that are most relevant here. The President took great care not to prejudge final status negotiations in any way, including the specific boundaries of Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem. That remains a subject to be negotiated only by the parties. That position is fully in line with the previous Security Council resolutions.

It is highly regrettable that some are trying to distort the President’s position to serve their own agendas.

What is troublesome to some people is not that the United States has harmed the peace process – we have, in fact, done no such thing. Rather, what is troublesome to some people is that the United States had the courage and honesty to recognize a fundamental reality. Jerusalem has been the political, cultural, and spiritual homeland of the Jewish people for thousands of years. They have had no other capital city. But the United States’ recognition of the obvious – that Jerusalem is the capital and seat of the modern Israeli government – is too much for some.

First, some have threatened violence on the street, as if violence would somehow improve the prospects of peace.

Now today, buried in diplomatic jargon, some presume to tell America where to put our embassy. The United States’ has a sovereign right to determine where and whether we establish an embassy. I suspect very few Member States would welcome Security Council pronouncements about their sovereign decisions. And I think of some who should fear it.

It’s worth noting that this is not a new American position. Back in 1980, when Jimmy Carter was the American President, the Security Council voted on Resolution 478, which called upon diplomatic missions to relocate from Jerusalem. The United States did not support Resolution 478.

In his remarks, then-Secretary of State Ed Muskie said the following: “The draft resolution before us today is illustrative of a preoccupation which has produced this series of unbalanced and unrealistic texts on Middle East issues.”

Specifically, regarding the provision on diplomatic missions in Jerusalem, Secretary Muskie said this: “In our judgment, this provision is not binding. It is without force. And we reject it as a disruptive attempt to dictate to other nations. It does nothing to promote a resolution of the difficult problems facing Israel and its neighbors. It does nothing to advance the cause of peace.”

That was in 1980. It is equally true today. The United States will not be told by any country where we can put our embassy.

Buried even deeper in the jargon of this resolution is the accusation that the United States is setting back the prospects of peace in the Middle East. That is a scandalous charge. Those who are making it should consider that it only harms the very Palestinian people they claim to speak for. What does it gain the Palestinian people for their leaders to throw up roadblocks to negotiations?

A “peace process” that is damaged by the simple recognition that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel is not a peace process; it is a justification for an endless stalemate. What does it gain the Palestinian people for some of their leaders to accuse the United States of being hostile to the cause of peace? It gains them nothing, but it risks costing them a great deal.

The United States has done more than any other country to assist the Palestinian people. By far. Since 1994, we have given over $5 billion to the Palestinians in bilateral economic assistance, security assistance, and humanitarian assistance.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees operates schools and medical facilities throughout the region. It is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. Last year, the United States voluntarily funded almost 30 percent of UNRWA’s budget. That’s more than the next two largest donors combined. And it’s vastly more than some of the members of this Council that have considerable financial resources of their own.

I’ll be blunt: When the American people see a group of countries whose total contributions to the Palestinian people is less than one percent of UNRWA’s budget – when they see these countries accuse the United States of being insufficiently committed to peace – the American people lose their patience.

I have been to the Palestinian refugee camps the United States supports with their contributions. I have met with men, women, and children. I have advocated on their behalf. I can tell you that their leaders do them no favors by being more open to abandoning peace negotiations than to doing the hard work of seeing them to completion.

The United States has never been more committed to peace in the Middle East. We were committed to it before the President announced our recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and we’re committed to it today.

Today, for the simple act of deciding where to put our embassy, the United States was forced to defend its sovereignty. The record will reflect that we did so proudly. Today, for acknowledging a basic truth about the capital city of Israel, we are accused of harming peace. The record will reflect that we reject that outrageous claim.

For these reasons, and with the best interests of both the Israeli and the Palestinian people firmly in mind, the United States votes no on this resolution.

Thank you.

This entry was posted in Islam, Israel, Muslim Grievance Industry - MGI, Uncategorized, United Nations, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

250 Responses to Ambassador Nikki Haley Vetoes U.N Security Council Resolution Nullifying U.S. Embassy Move To Jerusalem…

1. Alex F says:

POTUS chose the perfect place for Ambassador Haley. She wasn’t a big fan of President Trump, but he has positioned her in a place where she has no choice but to support him vigorously.

• Bob Thoms says:

And a lot of early Trump supporters were NOT a fan of Nikki Haley; but she has turned many of us into admiring supporters. She is doing a very good job of representing P Trump and the American MAGA movement.

• The Boss says:

I volunteered in June 2015, so I guess I’d qualify as an early Trump supporter.
        I’m impressed now by Haley. Go get ’em girl!

• Kaco says:

Well, we were pretty much told by Sundance that it was a clever move as she was placed there into no-man’s land (the U.N.) to get her as a never-trumper out of the way for a pro-Trump governor to take her place. We were also concerned when she started off at the U.N. espousing policies we didn’t think were Pres Trump’s.

It all seems to be coming together now.

• ethicall says:

I agree. She is stronger than I thought she would be and supportive of the President’s agenda.

• pogs says:

I’m sure she’s more than happy to be where she is. People were barely watching her before… standing next to Rubio. Now she can make bold statements facing against ambassadors of many countries. She’ll get a lot of face time.

• AM says:

“I’m sure the other members of the UNSC were blown away by the idea of having a woman tell them where they can stuff their resolutions.”

At this point in time, they probably weren’t. It’s not 1970 anymore.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Considering that the crooked UN is controlled by mostly Arab, anti-women states, a woman telling them to sod off is INDEED an affront to them. Surprised they didn’t throw their shoes at her…

• You’re correct. It’s not 1970 anymore. Before Iran’s Islamic Revolution of 1979, Iranian women were not forced to be completely covered up as ‘walking shrouds’, and women in Afghanistan were able to dress just like we did in western countries.

Women’s rights in the Middle East have gone backwards, nor forward, since then.

Because Islamic countries do not recognize women as being equal to men, I’m certain those 14 pro-resolution male voters did not enjoy being told off by a woman…especially an infidel.

• yy4u says:

I am not a fan of Haley because of the way she treated Trump in the primaries — same with Scott — swamp creatures both of them. BUT Haley has done a good job at the UN and turned out to be an excellent choice. Hard to complain about South Carolina’s senators/politicians when here in VA we have Northam, McAuliff, Warner and Kaine — in short, most of the state has no representation.

2. benifranlkin says:

Ya’ll are looking at the first woman President in 2024 if she keeps this up.

• AM says:

I say this as a woman who loves being that…the concept of women in leadership positions is overrated.

• fuzzi says:

As a woman, I would like to add that most women I have seen are not capable of leading a country. Margaret Thatcher was an exception.

I look at qualifications before I consider the sex of the candidate. 🙂

• G. Combs says:

Very good point.
          As another woman I certainly agree. Qualification are the ONLY thing we shouldlook at when placing anyone in a position. I absolutely HATE Affirmative Action, especially after 8 years of a top to bottom ☠Affirmative Action☠ government.

• yy4u says:

I’m a woman, too, and one of the originals demanding equal rights back in the 60’s. And I do think women are capable of leading a country. Just as blacks are. Unfortunately the women and blacks chosen generally are Lefties and Leftism is toxic to those of us with a cerebellum. Margaret Thatcher was on the right. My guess is Marine le Pen would have straightened out France.. Women arent’ the problem its just that we don’t elect the right women (pun intended).

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Another woman here. Totally agree.

• Dr. D says:

ouch. Are you specifically talking about women politicians or women in general? I’ve known some women including my wife (who isn’t a pol) who would’ve done a better job leading our country than our last POTUS.

• jcook777 says:

Actually I think he WAS the first woman President. Poor representative however.
            Since we’re talking about women politicians as well as Israel / Jerusalem, let’s not forget Golda Meir.

• old farta says:

You have the company of 2 other women.

• Alligator Gar says:

I have worked for a lot of women. Not all women are like this, certainly not my line-worker attorney female co-workers (but they will never rise, they are not tempered for it). Most supervisor women are petty, catty, play head games, play favorites, pick fly crap out of pepper (in the weeds constantly). pick on writing style or minutia because they don’t understand the argument. They are execrable. Please, no women leaders. Only the dross rises to the top in that demographic–other things also can be said to float to the top….gag.

3. 1IreneFlick3 says:

We have some of the greatest women in the country on the Trump team. Ambassador Haley was spectacular in the speech.

4. fuzzi says:

Wow, WAY TO GO, Nikki!

(Ambassador Haley, rather, no disrespect intended)

5. Blacksmith8 says:

I’d like to paraphrase: no nation on earth has the power to dictate anything to the US
    but otherwise good job Ambassador Haley

6. joninmd22 says:

Shame on Japan and PM Abe. We’ll remember that next time the Norks fire a missile over Japan.

7. “We do it with no joy, but we do it with no reluctance.” I think there were popping noises all over the chamber as heads exploded.

8. Benson II says:

Nikki Haley has done an outstanding job as ambassador. I especially admire the articulations of her statements. I had no idea she was going to be so exceptional since she was not a Trump supporter and because in my opinion many of her political positions while governor were questionable.

9. doc00 says:

There was a section of this article that made an interesting statement. The combined contributions of countries bringing this motion is less than 1% of the US contribution. Please go a step further and list countries and its interesting NOT ONE media outlet has pointed out this fact.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Typical leftists. They talk a great deal about the Palestinian people’s but that’s all they do talk. They really don’t give a rat’s behind about the Palestinian people. They are just weapons in the arsenal against the United States.

10. MVW says:

“What we witnessed here today in the Security Council is an insult. It won’t be forgotten. It’s one more example of the United Nations doing more harm than good in addressing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

re: ‘insult’…’We will not forget’
    Trump does not forget. It was not a good idea to have done this.

re: ‘it is one more example… of more harm than good’
    Why give so much money to an organization that does more harm than good? This is a question that Trump is posing to the State Department also. It is not an idle question. It is a question that leads to action.

11. treehouseron says:

Really if you read her statement (or watch it) she completely obliterated the Globalists. Just factually, logically tore them apart.

12. Kaco says:

They had said on Fox that Great Britain, France, and Egypt supported our Jerusalem policy. But it was unanimous? And Egypt wrote the resolution?

• trialbytruth says:

Politics, Politics, Politics, Deadly Politics All three countries would have had Soros inspired riots for any lesser action.

I am still waiting for the Soros (just guessing) funded riots in Jerusalem to cause Israel to issue a warrant. We have an extradition treaty with Israel. I would buy rounds for the Tree House for that one.

13. Nordic Breed says:

Good for Ambassador Haley. Pow! Right in the kisser. Straight talk is so refreshing. We must continue to defend our sovereignty in the face of the globalist war mongers who seek to enslave us all, and when we’re no more use to them, kill us.

14. Sharon says:

Exercising our prerogatives as a sovereign nation simplifies such decisions. Having those who are willing to do that in places of authority is a relief, to put it mildly.

Enough with the national mewling.

15. Brian says:

Since some here mentioned my hometown of Chicago let me say that was a good old fashioned “bitch slapping” of the so called “security council”. In true Chicago fashion “it will not be forgotten” was a none too subtle promise.

16. MIKE says:

I have to give Mrs. Haley a mea culpa for bashing her in the past when she was just another GOPe riding the tea party tide into the governorship, and then sharply turning left.
    In her current role, she is forging a nuclear SledgeHammer of her own, and it is such a treat to see her bash the failing UN and its’ members about the face and neck without mercy.
    Here’s hoping she keeps stoking the tinderbox on the TRUMPTRAIN, which can do 90+ MPH on sabotaged infrastructure tracks and not derail.
    MAGA, Nikki, MAGA.

17. Way to go, Nikki. I am proud of you, my president and my country.

18. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Wow!!! I’m proud of Ambassador Haley. She is serving us way beyond my expectations. I was mad at her for caving on the confederate flag issue when she was Governor. She has done a lot to ease my concerns. Note to self, continue to trust your President’s judgement.

19. Turranos says:

I am in the same boat. Ambassador Haley has really thrilled me. I really thought she would be a dud and certainly not because she is a woman. For a long time, I have been yearning for more gov people besides our POTUS to kick some butt and take names.She sure did that and then some!

20. Founding Fathers Fan says:

Egypt is notorious for enslaving Jews, so its no surprise that Egypt voted against the resolution.

21. SPMI says:

That was absolutely wonderful.
    That is The United States of America speaking worldwide once and for ever.
    Do not in any way underestimate who is in charge here. MAGA

22. El Torito says:

I agree that Ms Haley is doing this job well. I am even able to forget about how she treated Trump early on, but what I do not forgive is the way she abandoned the Confederate Flag. I equate that to Sessions recusing himself. Haley does wonders while she has someone else leading her. The Confederate flag betrayal reveals her own decision making.

But yes, she does what Trump wants well.

23. Neural says:

“The President was also careful to state that we support the status quo regarding Jerusalem’s holy sites, and we support a two-state solution if that’s what the parties agree to. Again, these positions are fully consistent with the previous Security Council resolutions.”

I personally do not support a two-state solution. Her use of the veto is justified, but I really wish our leaders would stop playing with wrath.

• Neural…Please read that statement again. It does not say “…if that’s what Americans/Europeans/Russians/Ethiopians/etc., agree with.”

It says “…if that’s what the parties agree to.”

Unless you’re one of the two parties involved who’d be living under that agreement, your opinion as well as mine and others does not matter.

Also, IMHO, it seems to me that the only leaders “playing with wrath” were those in the United Nations Security Council who wanted to screw with our country’s sovereignty by trying to tell us what we can and cannot do.

Guess they forgot that ‘Apologetic Obama’ isn’t in our White House any more!

24. I am very proud of how Ambassador Haley stood up to the UNSC. I’ll bet they’re STILL fuming, and that the smoke will be coming out of their ears for a long long time.

With that being said, I have to agree with another commentator here:

Benson II stated “I had no idea she was going to be so exceptional since she was not a Trump supporter and because in my opinion many of her political positions while governor were questionable.”

You know, it’s true. Haley has never been a Trump supporter and was quite ‘The RINO’ during 2016’s presidential campaign. She stood with and sounded just like Reibus, Ryan, McConnell, McCain, Romney, Graham, and many other RINOS who tried to change our minds about voting for Trump.

It’s also true she has made questionable political decisions while governor. Using just one situation as an example: She was one of the first to jump on the liberal bandwagon to remove confederate statues.

Think about this, too:
    An ambassador’s public views/decisions/and votes MUST represent the POTUS’s leadership views and decisions. It’s not like being a governor who can oppose a POTUS if he/she doesn’t agree with that POTUS’s views, decisions, etc. Being an ambassador means you are the Official Mouthpiece for your country and POTUS.

So here’s my concern: Has Haley changed her ‘spots’ in less than a year? Or is she using this Ambassadorship as a stepping stone for a possible run for POTUS in 2024…when almost everyone will have forgotten her stand on things prior to being President Trump’s ‘Official U.N. Mouthpiece’?

Usually, the only spots leopards are known to change are those that provide a more ‘advantageous’ position.

While we all can rightfully applaud Ambassador Haley’s veto vote and speech, it’s important to keep things in perspective. And our eyes wide open.

• El Torito says:

It’s times like this that I think in terms of dogs. Yup – dogs…

Haley does really well obeying commands. She is a Show Dog.

DJT does really well at delegating – he is a Lead Dog.

With the Confederate flag decision making by Haley (which I’m sorry I already mentioned this) Haley is not a Lead Dog. I would not want to have her leading any pack I run in.

25. PatriotGalNC says:

I believe this embassy move is another piece of a puzzle that will position PDT to be within his MAGA agenda to tell the United Nations to pack their crap up and LEAVE U.S. soil. If they want to stay here, then they are going to have to sit down, shut up and tow the line. (Unlikely), but if they continue their anti-America b.s., then he, as our President will hand them an eviction notice, and be OUT in 90 days. Then, he could level that building and build a “MAGA CENTER MUSEUM”…for all things American!

26. doc00 says:

This is another reason to thank the voters for putting President Trump into office. I have no doubt Clinton cut a deal with Obama to have him elected Secretary General of the UN as a precursor to moving that body towards becoming the central World Federal Government. This is one of the major motives behind Obama’s world tour, he is campaigning for the job should the Democrats regain control or to be nominated by another nation like France or Germany.

It would be appropriate of the US kicks the UN out of NYC and they set up shop in a refurbished Reichstag Building in Berlin, built by Hitler, for governing the Nazis Empire.

27. jmuniz1 says:

Nikki Haley is a never trumper Bush girl who could care less about Israel. I cant stand her she was not even born in this country. She was instructed by Paul Ryan to take down our President. We are bieng destroyed from within.

28. jack okie says:

True leadership is getting your former opponents to champion your agenda. President Trump has it in spades.

29. Bendix says:

I would have liked to cue the Guess Who’s ‘American Woman’ when Nikki raised her hand.
    Yes, I know it isn’t actually a flattering song, but still.
    It would have been so cool.
    I would say it was Nikki’s finest moment, but I expect her to have many more fine moments.
    I wonder if that piece of jewelry she’s wearing is a cross of some sort?
    She looked beautiful.