Well, now we know.  Many people were curious about how Inspector General Michael Horowitz zeroed-in on the communication between FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok and FBI Attorney Lisa Page.

IG Horowitz explains in a letter today (full pdf below) and interestingly provides additional insight into the years-long investigation.  Accepting, based on the past several weeks -and fully accepting there is a reason for the rapid response herein- Horowitz is prudently strategic with his communications, it would also be wise to read between the lines in his letter:

[Page #2] In connection with the OIG’s review of the actions of DOJ and the FBI in advance ofthe 2016 presidentialelection, has the OIG received any similar allegations involving other government officials?

“The OIG’s review is ongoing, and we currently are in the process of completing our witness interviews and document review. Thereafter, we intend to issue a public report with our findings on these and the other issues we are reviewing, and we would be pleased to discuss them with you at that time.”

This entry was posted in Big Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, media bias, President Trump, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

461 Responses to Swamp Tremors – IG Horowitz Explains How FBI Agent Strzok and FBI Attorney Page Appeared on Investigative Radar….

1. daughnworks247 says:

Anyone else ready to rename a mountain range after Horowitz?

2. NJF says:

Gotta Catch up but just put on FBN & former assist dir Kalstrom is gong off. Started laughing when he brought up Nellie Ohr’s ham radio operation.

3. mdt123 says:

Why do we trust Horowitz? They may be spreading the superficial stuff about texts to hide something bigger.

• Hilda Colwell says:

My concern also…everything appears to be flowing like lava and almost being spoon fed to us?

• Adam says:

We’ve been starving and I’m grateful for what we can get … Every little bit moves us closer to that breakthrough informant/whistleblower. If only we had a way to charge and prosecute these criminals.

• The psychoglobalists that created the psycho-political machine called UniParty are counting on Americans starving for justice to calm down with a little tofu justice to fill their bellies and help them “get back to sleep”.

But we’re Americans, so screw them. I’m hungry and will be hungry until a full 180 is done.

• farmhand1927 says:

‘flowing like lava’, yet the Media Complex wagons are circled. The American people will learn little, if any, of this. There certainly is a lava flow right now, and how interesting that it’s just before Christmas. Few are following it and the media sure as heck isn’t going to report on it.

My concern with the Republicans that have done the questioning this week is the nagging concern that this is simply another dog and pony show. We’ve seen their feigned outrage and tough questioning before. Fact is, Congress can’t put anybody in jail and they can’t fire anybody. And when someone clearly lies under oath to Congress, nothing happens Rosenstein gets accolades for being a ‘White Hat’. Amazing. Nobody has successfully made that an iron clad fact, IMO.

I fear this is all staged to get everybody’s lather up and Congress will call for the President to end Mueller’s witch hunt (which RR says isn’t a witch hunt) and if that were to happen, the lying media jackals will be relentless that he obstructed justice.

The game plan surely seems to be to continue non stop repetitive complaints, even after they’re debunked. Keep the hammer down, day in and out. Continue to distort, accuse, lie, harass, malign and abuse this President. Eventually, the people will wear down, they hope. Eventually, the jaundice in Republican voters in AL will spread to every state.

The problem with lava flows is that they cool rather quickly. Stand and fight and don’t trust Congress to handle this. It’s out of their league.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Exactly, like a low budget ‘B’ movie. Swamp trust issues. Will not trust them now or in the future. Trust but verify these sneaky so-and-so’s.

• daughnworks247 says:

We don’t ‘trust’ Horowitz. We just need one guy, with power, to do his job.

• I disagree. We need that one guy, we need Trump to never surrender, and We the (sane) People (left) need to get off our couches and start remembering the documents that assigned the power to us… and using them.

The preamble doesn’t begin with We the Government. But the swampers sure know it might as well at this point as they have a firm grasp on the reality that sane Americans loathe yet fear their own government. Both for damn good reason.

They also know that half if not more of the nation demand totalitarian feudalism by confiscation of the “worker’s profits”. Taxation without representation doesn’t bother the perpetual leeches one tiny little bit. In fact, they love it!

That’s tyranny for ya. It only gets worse when apathy, fear and bottom to top collusion grow to epic proportion.

• If you want to have some fun, on Twitter go to #QAnon or #FollowTheWhiteRabbit or #TheStorm or #TheStormHasArrived and other hashtags you will see in the tweets. Conspiracy Theories???

Sometimes a ‘Conspiracy Theory’ is not just a theory…

• Fun? Sir, that isn’t “fun” to me, I’ve been following conspiracy theories created by the evil globalist psychos for years, as well as studying the conspiracy facts right in all our faces that no one dare mention for the most part, or do and are generally ridiculed by the most ignorant of all people.

The very term “conspiracy theory” was likely created in a “think tank” filled with evil traitors and globalist puppets. By calling nearly everything a conspiracy theory they continue to do evil unabated. More is fact than theory by far, and by design. ghw bush announced the “new world order” on LIVE tell lie vision from the oval office, only time I am sure he told the truth…

Yet, to mention in the last 27 years breaks out the rolling eyes and textual/verbal jeers. How about that? We mock and ridicule the truth and worship false hope and outright lies!

• formerdem says:

I think he’s brave. the real deal.

• mimbler says:

Yes, I’m neutral on him at this point. He could be straight, or he could be pointing out some minor things to make it “look like” an investigation.

We’ll have to see if he recommends criminal prosecutions, or as is often the case: “ethics training for the troops” while the management criminals proceed with business as usual.

4. Publius2016 says:

So these are government phones! What about the burner ones?

5. Paco Loco says:

Wow …they texted the #nevertrump messages on their FBI issued cell phones apparently believing that they were above reproach. Maybe they felt that the Bureau was full of like minded anti Trumpsters so it was ok to bash the president on company time and no one would care.

• Bruce and Nellie are congratulating themselves for being careful enough to set up the ham radio operation.

• Patsy says:

You guys are so funny! This is better than ANY Christmas present.

• PowerCord says:

Amateur radio communications can be listened to by anyone who has the proper gear. My guess is that there is some tech-wiz ham operator out there (or somewhere else in the world since HF bounces) that heard these conversations, if they ever happened. She did apply for a radio license, so…

• Adam says:

Has anyone exposed her license, yet? It would have limited the channels she could legally (like that ever stopped a Dem?) use.

If I were them and went to all that trouble I’d use morse to transmit encrypted messages. If only we had recordings of every HAM channel and the ability to decode encrypted signals … The NSA should have all of this.

• Paco Loco says:

I doubt that she ever used HF shortwave radios. More than likely she could communicate across Washington DC using 2 meters (144 MHz) with a small handheld transceiver. She’d only use HF if she wanted to communicate long distance (DX).

• Daniel says:

Well, as I pointed out, there are analog secure communications devices. It makes the voices sound like they are speaking complete jibberish, but you can hear “human voices.” HAM radio is just the carrier. What they put over them can be anything. As for what the government is allowed to do in terms of monitoring? I don’t really know. My guess is they pretty much don’t listen to it unless there is specific cause because so many operators use it for modem type devices.

• Charlotte says:

At any rate they were HAM HANDED. Left traces for any internet sleuths to find

• MM says:

Just imagine what they would text on their burner phones if they were brazen enough to text what we have seen from their government phones!

• sudsy49 says:

The apparatchiks are so used to the Sheeple paying for their toys (and everything else!) that they were probably too cheap to personally pay for burner phones.

• FofBW says:

Obviously, not only did the believe H would win, they also believed they would get PT drummed out.

• Howie says:

Fanatics are fanatical

• Nailed it Howie, I wonder why it comes to having to say so…

Not to mention, but I will, I would like to welcome everyone to the latest episode of Kabuki Theater, brought to you by the globalist banskters that “own” the “fed”.

I guess if you openly opposed Trump and worked like hell to defeat him from your “elected” “republican” office, there is no need for alarm, and we should all support you again with full trust and enthusiasm because by golly we gone git dem dims this time!

Three cheers for Howdy Doodie Gowdy and the awesome “republican” machine!!!

UniParty. Lost in the mix again…

• lastinillinois says:

Oh you know it!

Noone – minus many (but not all) Deplorables – can believe Pres Trump is still in office nearly a year later.

I truly believe the White Hats in the IC are the biggest reason we still have Pres Trump.
        Not the only reason, certainly, but the biggest reason.

• lastinillinois says:

They are stupid.

Not to mention completely unprofessional:
      Strzok referred to a meeting with McCabe as “… in Andy’s office….”

I would want these idiots fired even if they were not swamp rats.

• Stringy theory says:

I have a friend, retired CIA, who is totally shocked by their obvious incompetence, especially given their sensitive positions. And then there was SoS Hitlery with her own private server that contained highly classified information. A true clown circus, but not a funny one.

• ladypenquin says:

It did surprise me that they didn’t delete their text messages. I don’t text, because I refuse to, but I was wondering if texts are completely erasable as opposed to phone conversations?

• Some Old Guy says:

If the government has a “tap” on during the texting, they have what the receiver does independent of what the recipient does. If they lack a tap, as is the case here, I believe the government’s ability to retrieve “deleted” text messages is limited by phone forensic technology to recapture previously deleted data. I’m not sure what can, and cannot, be recovered but in some areas they can recover more than you might think.

• Trent Telenko says:

Strzok and his gal pal were using government “burner” Iphones.

All communications on government hardware is government owned and subject to the Federal Records Act recording on remote servers.

They were idiots who didn’t think Hillary would lose and that the IG would take their phones before they were wiped.

• kjj says:

We are pretty sure that the NSA has a “tap” on all of the cellular network at all times. That would mean all conventional cell phone voice calls and administrative messages (SS7 frames include a field that is mostly unused, when GSM was developed from SS7 someone noticed that they could include 2-way paging for free in this field). I’d be astonished if they didn’t have broad-spectrum radio recordings around DC too.

Ever hear about “parallel construction”? The NSA doesn’t listen to everything they record, or even search it. But if they run across something juicy, they tip off the FBI, who then concocts a plausible, but fictional, story to explain how they stumbled upon the evidence they need for a case. This is done to keep the defendant from being able to confront his accuser, or even knowing who his real accuser is, and more importantly it prevents the defendant’s lawyer from exposing the whole corrupt scheme through discovery.

So, officially, the FBI can only recover messages from the device, and maybe not even then if they were deleted securely. But unofficially, the NSA has it all on file. Snowden confirmed what we all had suspected, and the feds pretty much confirmed that everything he released was true by chasing him to Russia instead of giving him a whistleblower medal.

• When you hire clowns , you are bound to get a circus

• All Too Much says:

They were used to the safety of their politicized departments.
          What’s the phrase – Familiarity breeds contempt?

• way2opinionated says:

Do you eve profession, bro? That’s exactly how familiar people within a profession address each other. They treat each other like people. Now wouldn’t it be nice if they treated other people not in their immediate circle of co-conspirators as people, too.

• fisman45459 says:

Not to be mean. But these two nimrods where making snide remarks about Trump Wal Mart shoppers, all the while they thought they were untouchable on their government phones. Isn’t that special!

• NJF says:

THe thing about hard core never Trumpers is that they can’t conceive people might think differently.

• FofBW says:

There is much truth in your post.

• lastinillinois says:

I put the never Trumpers on exactly the same level intellectually as Rosie O’Donnell.

• You are so right; I just received a letter from an old friend and in addition to filling me in on her life, she couldn’t help making a denigrating comment about Trump…and she has no idea how I think or how I feel (we live states apart and rarely communicate). She just assumes….last time that happened with an even older friend via email; he made some comment about fascism/Trump and I couldn’t help myself; I emailed him back and said I thought Obama was a hate-mongering race baiter…doubt I’ll hear from him again, which is fine with me. I just can’t stand being around these people…since I live in a Dem area I spend a lot of time alone and I like it….I’m my own best friend.

• kate says:

Littleflower, you have many friends here.

• Running Fast says:

Had a potential business deal partner do the same thing insulting Trump and his supporters… his company is not aligned with ours.

• NCPatrick says:

Been there, done that,littleflower. And it hurts, particularly when a so-called friend makes extremely insulting and very stupid remarks about our beloved President. When I received that e-mail, I ended all contact with this woman forever. After all, I reasoned we had nothing in common any longer and I could tell her mind would not be changed. Did I mention this happened after she moved to California?

• Peter says:

Sundance should open a string about how we have all navigated friendships over the last couple of years.

I had a friend of twenty years – had to listen to him talk about going to Chicago’s pillars when obama won, he didn’t know how disgusted I was that we just elected a commie – all he saw was Obama’s skin color – my friend is a white hippie, but he is full of white guilt.

When trump got elected his politics went after me and my kids and that because I wore MAGA in my blood and on my head that they would become racist and sexist and he would have to intervene.

Well. Haven’t spoke to him since November 9, 2016.

It’s crazy the double standard after we put up with obama who actually weaponized the DOJ and FBI and IRS , et al. Who does that? Commies.

Trump just wants to grow the economy, free ya of the shackles of economic slavery. These leftists are stupid to think a majority in this country can’t smell their crap.

That’s why I can’t believe Alabama – for so many stupid sheep to think the media is aligned with their interests – they’re insane sheep.

• All Too Much says:

I live is the mega liberal state capital of California. I cannot tell you how many times I have received blank stares when raising some point contrary to their views. Its as if their minds short circuit and take them to place in the Universe I am not familiar with.
              Pathetic.

• MaineCoon says:

Someone posted a similar comment today. He said, I occurred & you have reiterated, we no longer will accept lib family/friends dumping unsolicited anti-Trump comments. I respond with an ear full they never expect. These libtards actually think all think like they do even though reality shows PT got 63MM votes. I no longer will accept negative anti-Trump talk in my life. I refuse to allow them to take me down to their level. First I respond by asking them if they have thanked President Trump for the major increase in their 401(k)s. If they continue, I shower them with facts that they can’t respond to and blow them out of the water. They bring it on themselves. It will mean a parting of the way, but they have chosen the path.

Keep coming to CTH. You have lots of friends here.

• nimrodman says:

I just respond with a smile and in a cheery voice:

“Oh, c’mon – President Trump is trying to make America great again.

“Don’t we ALL have a stake in that as American citizens? I suggest we come together in UNITY as one nation and support our President.

“Then – at the end of his EIGHT YEARS we can calmly assess how he did. Right?”
            (EIGHT YEARS = the grenade)

Then sit back and take pleasure in the ‘splodey heads.
            Snowflake MOAB.

• Dekester says:

Great stuff little flower.

IMO when we allow folks like the one you mention into our lives, the suck energy from us. We are often unaware of the negative effects their proximity has on us.

They gain strength at our expense. Long before T.D.S. became a phenomenon.I practiced as near as possible total avoidance of these blood suckers. I still run into the odd bloodsucker. ( In a small town.) They are becoming even more miserable. Especially when all they get is a smile and a polite nod. ( only if eye contact is made.)

God bless PDJT

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

Had a “friend” from high school “unfriend” me during the election. I just chalked it up to the fact that she was still as dumb as she was then. Like a sack of rocks!

• formerdem says:

hang with us, we enjoy you

• MTeresa says:

Same here in So CA. Went to a Christmas party and it’s pretty funny. When you find a like minded individual, you tend to speak in hushed tones. But we all have a bit of a twinkle in our eyes………….. MAGA 😀

• joninmd22 says:

I feel your pain but you have the best of company. 😉

• kjj says:

I’ve heard of people saving lots of money this Christmas by supporting Trump on facebook and waiting to see which of their “friends” remove themselves from the gift list.

• tageweb says:

That Very Famous Line: “I don’t think that means what you think it means!” (to Elites!)

• Nor condone people that think differently…

Even worse.

• patternpuzzler says:

We knew they were hateful, but now we know they were/are also S-T-U-P-I-D.

• Since they were both married at the time, where were they ” meeting” and did they use their US government expense accounts to pay for it so their spouses wouldn’t find out?

• ladypenquin says:

They literally did not expect Donald Trump to win. By the time it occurred to them he would win, it was too late. Remember, up to and including, election day, Hillary was “ahead” in the “polls.”

• Risa says:

One thing that’s always puzzled me is the celebratory fireworks which were cancelled before the election. Perhaps they weren’t as confident as we have assumed.

• M. Mueller says:

Yes, they had to have known. The fireworks just never jived with the 98% certainty she was going to win. That cancellation vs. all the “stunned” reporters on election night totally confused.

• mimbler says:

That’s my take. DC FBI is solid corrupted all the way through.

• Mr. Morris says:

Agent Strzok communicated to his paramour Lisa Page that he could smell Trump supporters at a local Walmart and she agreed with him. Exhibiting such a contempt for fellow Deplorables it is understandable that these snobs would act so recklessly. Deplorables are stupid according to this duo and of course this opinion was rampant among Hillary and her minions

6. Howie says:

The best place for a criminal is jail.

7. Budman says:

Sundance you are way ahead of the heard on this! …….. Meanwhile back at radio ranch headquarters Hannity and Rush have not even flipped the page about Priestap and Momma Nellie and her new found love of Ham radio. Thanks for all your work SD!

8. trumptea says:

Not sure I have any confidence in Horowitz … I will need to read up on him to determine if he is one of the good guys.

9. Snow White says:

This is the hand of God exposing the deep corruption, lawlessness and pure evil. I want to see them all in jail for sedition and working to literally take our a president elected by the people.

10. Dixie says:

Would the NSA have access to messages on burner phones?

11. Budman says:

Herd,,,, Sorry

12. Sylvia Avery says:

Just before I came here to read this, I read the article linked below at The Daily Caller. Some of us were curious about the IG beginning their investigation on Jan. 17 just days before PDJT was Inaugurated.

Remember the IG’s letter Sundance provided us here dated Jan 17 said the investigation was in response to requests from the public and from members of Congress to look at possible politicization of the FBI or something like that.

Turns out the ones so hot for this investigation were…the Dims. Because, you know, “we wuz ROBBED! Comey and the FBI screwed our Queen!” Here is a bit from the piece I found really interesting:

“The Strzok texts, which he exchanged with Lisa Page, his mistress and an FBI lawyer, were discovered as part of the inspector general’s investigation into the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email investigation.

Ironically, Democrats pushed for the investigation. Many Clinton supporters blamed then-FBI Director James Comey’s actions during that investigation for Clinton’s election loss.

“This is highly encouraging and to be expected given Director Comey’s drastic deviation from Justice Department protocol,” Clinton campaign communications director Brian Fallon said back in January. “A probe of this sort, however long it takes to conduct, is utterly necessary in order to take the first step to restore the FBI’s reputation as a non-partisan institution.”

13. Ghostrider says:

“Many people were curious about how Inspector General Michael Horowitz zeroed-in on the communication between FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok and FBI Attorney Lisa Page.”

Horowitz states when requesting documents for review it’s standard IG practice to retrieve text messages on Government issued smartphones to include in its review. So, the dragnet easily captured the perpetrators because they acted foolishly by texting their intentions and political plotting on government property. Not only were these people caught for their stupid behavior, they are soon to be criminals.

14. For the last few weeks, people on 4 chan have been tracking sealed indictments and they are piling up. A really abnormal #, especially in DC area. Wonder if it is related to IG investigation or if Sessions DOJ is behind it…

• jackphatz says:

Some people speculated those 100+ sealed indictments had to do with sex trafficking or other pedophilia activity but that was weeks ago. I’m starting to wonder about that too. How long can an indictment remain sealed?

15. Madmax110 says:

This whole thing stinks. Somebody is getting set up to be the patsy /fall guy.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I believe that “dupes” will fall and commies will skate, unless the white hats are very thorough and dig into people who appear tangential but are not. The people who acted most stupidly and get caught most easily will be the dupes. They were always meant by design to take the heat.

But the commies will lead to the real source of the disease.

• Yup. Sacrificial lamb that will get the lowest level of charge, suspended sentence likely or get off on a “technicality” then jet off to portugal or wherever to live on some gw bush land like an “elite”.

Sometimes I think I am the only one that remembers Trump speaking such truths as “we can’t rely on those that rigged the swamp to fix the swamp, folks…”

He was talking to US. Much of this actually being fixed will literally be up to us, if not all of the preservation of any positive corrections made!

16. Strike1 says:

For everyone that has faith here. Please talk to your god and ask for the safety of all the “WHITE HATS”. The one’s we know of and the one’s we don’t.
    They “The Black Hats” will not go down without a fight.
    They will murder anyone! Even if its hundred or thousands of innocent civilians. To slow the investigation down.

17. mezzz says:

I wouldn’t put too much hope in a government review. I’m glad to see the information but some are getting very high expectations. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised.

18. bessie2003 says:

Looking forward t the day when we start seeing big red “X’s” in the boxes over the different photographs in the picture; takes me back to the time when there were 16, or was it 17, primary candidates and daily watched one after another out of the race.

19. Charlie Baumbusch says:

Cold Anger – The “Lion” is in waiting to devour the Hyenas. “Lion” needs to tell Deputy AG Rosenstein to get FBI Director Wray to turn over FBI application that drove the Trump Dossier FISA warrant to bug Trump campaign personnel.

20. magaskook says:

No need for the racism. None of us like Obama, but not all of us live in a cave.

21. When asked if he was investigating other government officials Big Mike does not say no….

22. citizen817 says:

23. citizen817 says:

24. Firefly says:

Gotta love Grassley. He asked for a hatch act investigation. Here’s an excerpt from the doj website link is below:

Doj permitted and tot permitted political activities
    Express opinions about candidates and issues (if the expression is political activity directed at the success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office or partisan political group, the expression is not permitted while the employee is on duty, in any federal room or building, while wearing a uniform or official insignia or using any federally-owned or leased vehicle)

25. fleporeblog says:

The House of Cards is coming down! The fact that the OIG responded so quickly to the request tells you that today was once again used to inform the American people of what is about to occur. All the people involved that SD has compiled above are absolutely loosing their minds!

I also anticipate that once the investigation by Mueller is completed (Ty Cobb, President’s Attorney, expects it to be finished in two weeks) and no charges come out against anyone else, the LEFT will be demoralized because they pinned all their hopes on Mueller. That is why the sex allegations against our President will be 24hrs a day of news coverage. In their mind and they may be correct, it played a significant factor in Alabama. We at CTH all know that Moore’s allegations and the allegations against our President are a night and day difference. For the Left, they are identical. The Democrats rallying cry will be if we get the majority in the House and Senate, we will impeach him on those allegations. It will keep their NUTS super engaged.

As soon as Mueller is shown the exit door, not soon after the IG will drop the bomb of all bombs. Jeff Sessions will be liberated. The indictments will be so overwhelming. Many Americans (other than the Left) will be totally disgusted about the fact that Obama, HRC, DNC, FBI, DOJ etc. were doing everything in their power to destroy our President before and after he was elected. Shit, they even had an “Insurance Plan” for their nightmare actually occurring. Our base will be energized! The MONSTER will show up in full force next November like nothing we have ever seen.

• FofBW says:

All the sexual accusations will bet buried under the tsunami of indictments.

BTW, my glass is 3/4 full and climbing.

• fleporeblog says:

Mark Penn is co-director of the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll and was a pollster for Bill Clinton during six years of his presidency. The fact that he wrote the piece below in The Hill makes the story even more incredible. Disregard his BS of our President’s approval rating being 41%. All the other data and facts should be scaring the HELL out of the Democrats. Independents are the one’s driving this data through the roof. Which means the MONSTER is beginning to peculate!

From the article linked above:

Sixty-three percent of polled voters believe that the FBI has been resisting providing information to Congress on the Clinton and Trump investigations. This is a remarkable finding for an agency whose new head said a few days ago that the agency was in fine shape. No, it isn’t.

Fifty-four percent say special counsel Robert Mueller has conflicts of interest that prevent him from doing an unbiased job, also according to this month’s Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll. So, given this finding, the silence from the special counsel on the subject has become downright deafening.

Clearly these numbers indicate that there is a crisis in public confidence in both the FBI and Mueller. What makes these findings important is that, with Trump’s approval rating at 41 percent, these results include large numbers of voters who don’t like Trump yet who now agree that these investigations have veered off course.

After this poll was conducted, we learned that rogue agent Peter Strzok and his paramour, Lisa Page, both high-ranking members of the Mueller task force, discussed during the campaign how, in case Trump won, that they were developing, along with deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, what Strzok called an “insurance policy.” I can’t even imagine how badly these new facts will poll next month.

Our polling in November showed that 61 percent say the funding of the salacious GPS Fusion document should be investigated. Fifty-eight percent say that if Hillary Clinton and the Democrats funded the work, it could not be used by law enforcement. While this seems obvious to the public, Congress has not been able to get the answer to the question of just how this dossier was used and whether the FBI then paid some of the cost to legitimize it. Even greater numbers — 65 percent — said there needs to be an investigation of the Uranium One deal that netted the Clinton Foundation $140 million in foreign-based contributions that went undisclosed.

• Publius2016 says:

Moore did not represent as a credible candidate nationwide…in Alabama, he’s won a few races and lost some too…his loss most likely was due to voting fraud and if he won, it would due to MAGA!

• Nun says:

McCabe will either emit bureaucrat bafflegab or take the 5th, or both. The FBI believes, probably rightly, that it is above prosecution for anything it does “in the service of the country”

26. StanH says:

“As the World Turns” We will know shortly whether or not the swamp will coalesce, or heads will roll. With Mr. Trump in charge I’ll bet on the latter. We’ll see, it’s getting interesting indeed.

27. calbear84 says:

We need a name for this incredible sordid episode in US history.
    Something memorable, like say “World War II”…
    “Obama / Clinton Failed Coup d’etat” doesn’t exactly roll off the lips. Anyone got a better suggestion? 🙂

28. trapper says:

The OIG initially got texts through 11/30/16, but then expanded that to include 11/30/16 through 7/28/17, through all the Comey and special counsel drama. Now what might they have found in that second batch? Have they released that second batch yet?

29. positron1352 says:

Horowitz looks like a white hat to me. There are many people in the government who are incensed when they see corruption. Their value systems consist of deep in the beliefs that the laws are to be respected and that their jobs are to expose illegal activity. Horowitz looks like that kind of guy. We will see.

30. G3 says:

🎶Ham Operator could you help me place this call🎶

31. geoffb5 says:

Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, and Glenn Simpson also worked together on something called “The Expert Working Group on International Crime.” This was in Jan. 2010.

October 2010. The Uranium One deal is done. This kind of deal is one to the things that this “Expert Working Group” was supposed to be concerned with in a panel facilitated by future Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. Fusion GPS was founded in 2011.

Bruce Ohr was a facilitator on the presentation “Legal Racketeering in Russia.”
    Glenn Simpson was a facilitator on the presentation “Penetration of Economic Sectors and Critical Infrastructures”

Among those attending the working group:
    Bruce Ohr, Chief Organized Crime and Racketeering Section Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC

Nellie Ohr, Researcher, Open Source Works, Washington, DC – (A CIA duplication of a DNI entity which originally focused on capturing shortwave broadcasts for intel analysis.)

Glenn Simpson, Senior Fellow, International Assessment and Strategy Center, Alexandria, VA

David Holiday, Senior Program Manager, Latin America Program, Open Society Institute, Washington, DC

32. Stinky-Inky says:

Love #3 on the letter, re: The Hatch Act. Strzok and Page better lawyer up and make a deal before the music stops and they run out of chairs.

33. TXGuy says:

I don’t trust this Horowitz any more than the other swamp creatures. Obama appointed him to this position. I think W appointed him to an earlier position as well, but as we all know here, it doesn’t matter. They are UNIPARTY, and they all hate Trump.

34. slawinlaw says:

How about “Collusion/Delusion Gate”

35. Coast says:

Thank God for the IG.

36. A ton of news is going by concerning this “Deep Swamp” draining process but guess what…thanks to some of those accused of being in the “Deep Swamp” and part of it…this has been going on:

The swamp is the Judiciary…change it and you drain the swamp!

Thanks President Trump and thanks in no small part to Mitch McConnell for working with the POTUS and the Senate to push the death of the “Blue Slip” rule and making MAGA possible for YEARS to come!!!

I don’t care how or why McConnell pushed it, I just care that he did!

Pay attention people…if America stands a chance it starts with the Judges!!!

37. Darthawk says:

Horowitz’s letter notably refers to “the OIG 2016 Election Review.” Some past news reports have asserted that the OIG was only investigating the FBI’s handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation. The phrase used in Horowitz’s letter implies something notably more broad than just Hillary’s e-mails.

According to Horowitz’s letter, the OIG initially requested the text messages up to the date that the FBI concluded the Hillary e-mail investigation. After reviewing those initial text messages, the OIG expanded the time-frame. I would infer that such a request makes it highly likely (though not certain) that even if the OIG investigation may have started focused on the Hillary e-mail investigation, it has subsequently expanded more broadly to other “2016 Election Issues.”

38. georgiafl says:

Review of the situation via Stealth Jeff (Brian Cates, TX)

• georgiafl says:

Quote: “Here’s what Horowitz and his 450 agents were specifically tasked with investigating, and what they have been pursuing QUIETLY since January….”

Oh man.

Remember, this was done on the orders of our good man, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.

• georgiafl says:

Another quote:
      “He went where the evidence led him. And we are only seeing a FRACTION of that evidence thus far.

So yes. He can be trusted.”

• georgiafl says:

“So here’s what IG Horowitz’s report is going to show: a highly partisan FBI/DOJ engaged in blatant political fixing to let Democrats skate from serious crimes while actually BREAKING THE LAW to try to nail/manufacture cases against Trump’s incoming administration.”

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks for posting the link. It was a really interesting read!

• jrapdx says:

Yes it is an amazing story that’s unfolding. The commentary you’re quoting is consistent with what Sundance has written. It appears that Horowitz is doing his job honestly. Certainly a refreshing difference vs. what the FBI had done. I recall the State Dept. IG’s report re: Clinton’s email server was similarly upfront about her actions, though in that instance the IG’s report unsurprisingly didn’t gain any traction from the DoJ.

• Watcher says:

If conspiracy can be charged only one has to break the law.

• JMC says:

This was a top-flight analysis. Thanks!

39. The Devilbat says:

Trouble is a brewing!!!

40. Donna in Oregon says:

I wonder if Andy (Andrew McCabe) is the instigator? McCullough the former Intel IG was marginalized and threatened for reporting concerns about the Clinton emails. I think he was appointed by Obama.

If that is how the IG’s were treated under Obama perhaps the IG’s are finally able to do their jobs now that he’s gone.

41. Just Curious says:

This dog and pony show continues to get all these peoples out there excited about the possibility that some of these sleazy characters will be indited and sent to prison. On the contrary, nothing will happen, just like the senate seat election in Alabama last Tuesday where the number of idiots and morons exceed the peoples with common sense, and the end results will be another liberal in power to make life even more miserable.for the deplorable citizens.

The future of this country belongs to these idiots. I am ready to check out of here and let them have it all for themselves. Good luck to POTUS, Trump and I wonder sometime why he is trying so hard to make life better for these idiots even when they hate his guts God works in mysterious ways but I am slowly running out of times to wait for his miracles.

42. JAS says:

Re: “Ham” radio

One of my best friends is retired FBI, from back in the days of the cold war when the FBI was non-political. He was chasing Russians in Florida (Tampa mostly).

The Russians were using highly compressed encrypted HF radio transmission bursts lasting just a few seconds for their communications strategy. They would vary their transmission location all over the West coast of Florida. They got close, but the Russians were never caught.

That should tell you something about HF radio using compressed transmission bursts.

43. Chickficshun says:

I got bad news for you kids. You know how Mueller kept pushing back his investigation. From Thanksgiving to Jan. He wrapped up his final WH interviews. He is waiting for this IG report to come out and then his investigation will go on and he’ll bury everything. It will continue to disrupt our country right thru the mid terms and beyond.
    Thats the plan. And all us conservatives are waiting with happy joyously for this report, being fed all this tantalizing info, thinking finally we’ll get some justice. PDT will be cleared and all. Nope.
    Rosenstein will expand Mueller’s investigation.

• georgiafl says:

If you are right – there will be millions of Americans in DC storming the DOJ.

• Duke Taber says:

Looks like Rosenstein has already expanded Mueller’s investigation.

• Firefly says:

Rosenstein is smirking that haha the public don’t know what mueller is really investigating. Notice congress didn’t want to ski under a classified session either.

• mariner says:

You and I are equally ignorant on this matter.

I don’t believe you’re correct. Mueller will wrap up his investigation with nothing to show for it other than trivial process indictments, and ride into the sunset.

He’s not in a position to bury anything he wasn’t investigating; it’s not like he can elbow his way into another investigation to shut it down.

44. click52 says:

Treason is the correct description of what was going on. There should be life sentences, or more for Page and Strzok, if these Hillary @ssholes did what it is looking like they did. Andrew McCabe has a lot of explaining to do as well! Drain the swamp, and destroy this cadre of traitors to our Constitution!

• georgiafl says:

The real crimes were
      Illegal surveillance of Trump…
      Hillary’s pay for play,
      classified information on her private server,
      Uranium One…
      the DNC hiring the Awan brothers and allowing them to spy on Congress

There are so many crimes and abuses of power throughout Obama’s tenure in office:

• KBR says:

The real crime was disobeying the Constutional Law of the USA and the will of We the People, who elected President Trump.
        Also conspiracy to bring down the Federal Administration of the US Government.
        Also conspiracy to stop the people’s fair election of the Representative US government, and thus a conspiracy to deprive the majority of US citizens and the electoral college of their rights.

Do not let anybody tell you it was anything less.

45. NJF says:

FYI. Dershowitz will be on Dobbs tonight to discuss.

• Risa says:

Whenever Dershowitz weighs in on the Clintons, I discount anything he says that mitigates their crimes. IMO they have too much dirt on each other and he tailors his words accordingly. Lolita Express……

46. Nunya Bidness says:

NSA may not have been listening to Ohr (rhymes with whore) confabbing with Steele, but you can bet your bippy that Russian Intelligence and many other agencies were tuned in. They all had gained access because of Buffoon in Chief Obama’s transparent ineptitude in foreign intel.

47. mccall1981 says:

I certainly don’t think anything will come of this as far as prosecutions etc (sorry, but Dems and insiders are immune), but its still very satisfying to think of these people doing all this illegal activity to find dirt on Trump, and STILL not being able to find anything. Must have made them furious.

48. freq says:

maybe someday… there will be fortitude and testicles and action…

49. georgiafl says: