First Lady Melania Trump Visits Childrens National Hospital With Santa…

First Lady Melania Trump visited Childrens National Hospital in Washington, D.C., today to visit with patients, families and staff members. The tradition of First Lady visits to Childrens National dates back more than 60 years to First Lady Bess Truman; however, this is Melania Trump’s third visit to the hospital for visits with the children.

Mrs. Trump began today’s visit by touring the neuroscience center, where she spent time with patients and their families, as well as doctors, nurses, and other staff. After the visit, Mrs. Trump, escorted by two patients, arrived in the hospitals main atrium where she read one of her favorite holiday books, The Polar Express and answered questions from some of the patients about the holidays and what they mean to her.

Child: Ms. Trump what is your favorite Christmas song?

FLOTUS: My favorite Christmas song is Oh, Holy Night. And what is yours?

Child: Mine is probably Jingle Bells.

FLOTUS: Oh beautiful, beautiful song.

Andy: If you could spent the holiday anywhere in the world where would you …

FLOTUS: Where are you Andy? I don’t see you. Oh there you are, OK.

Andy: My name is Andy … I am 10 years old. If you could spend the holidays anywhere in the world, where would you go?

FLOTUS: I would spend my holidays on a deserted island, a tropical island, with my family.

Child: What is your favorite family Christmas tradition?

FLOTUS: Our family Christmas tradition is that Christmas eve we have a dinner and we go to midnight mass or Christmas day mass the next day and then another family dinner and Christmas on the 25th, Santa comes, we open the presents and spending time together.

Olivia: What’s your favorite thing to eat for Christmas dinner? My name is Olivia.

FLOTUS: Hi Olivia, nice to see you. My favorite thing to eat is some healthy food. And you feel very good after. Not too much eating. But we all enjoy. The most important part is to spend time with your family.

Sammy: What did you ask Santa for Christmas?

FLOTUS: Oh, that’s a nice one. I asked Santa for Christmas peace on the world, health, love and kindness. Thank you.

FLOTUS ON POLAR EXPRESS: So this is very, a special book I like, for Christmas. Polar Express. I guess kids and adults know the book. It’s very special to me I hope you like it I’m sure you’ve watched the movie as well.

This entry was posted in Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Visits Childrens National Hospital With Santa…

1. Pam says:

I always love to here our FLOTUS read because we get to hear her beautiful accent. She is such a natural with children. It was so wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of these children.

2. tonyE says:

Yes… but the time I roasted an aged, prime, organic 15 lb ribeye roast on the BBQ, skipped the carbos and only ate it with lightly cooked greens and very good wines… Well, yes, that was good too. ;-D

My mother can’t wait to open the gifts on Christmas Day.. she forces us to open everything before her bedtime on the 24th. Which sucks, because 9:00PM is prime cigar smoking time.

• Orygun says:

Haha, that is a funny image! I could see all my brothers and me gathered around the tree when we children smoking big cigars!

• Grandpa M says:

It is good, and very healthy, too. Reminds me of the Father’s Day dinner 2016, very similar meal. After that, I quit bread and pasta for good. Dropped the extra 10-11 lbs that I carried around really fast.

3. Bull Durham says:

We got this Christmas present in January.

What a terrific gift to America—Melania, First Lady, First Mother, First Woman. First Wife.

4. fleporeblog says:

As the young black child said to her friend, “She is like an Angel” the other day. That child maybe completely correct! Our FLOTUS loves kids. Especially those that are sick and need comfort. We were given a gift from God for allowing Donald J. Trump to be our President but he also decided to give America the Angel that was so needed!

5. Socrates says:

She loves the children she meets unlike Mooshell who tried to starve them at the school lunch counter.

6. Sandy says:

Beautiful First Lady.

7. CDuran says:

Thank FLOTUS. You are our American treasure.

8. wheatietoo says:

It’s like our First Lady Melania is serving as our Christmas Angel this year.

It has been wonderful to see her touches in the White House decorations.
    Her impeccable taste and sense of style come shining through, as she honors our country with paying homage to our Traditions, our States, our Veterans and our Gold Star Families.

We are so blessed to have Pres Trump and First Lady Melania in the White House…in year One of America’s restoration, thanks to our President.
    I shudder to think what it would be like right now, if the Hildebeast had managed to steal the election.

Thank you, Lord.
    Thank you, Mr. President.
    And Thank you, First Lady Melania.

9. tuskyou says:

I knew her answer to favorite Christmas song would be O Holy Night. I just knew it!

10. freq says:

Lucky kids, patients, families and staff members to receive such a sincere visit…

11. Lion2017 says:

First Lady Melania is a breath of fresh air. So proud of her!

12. Bull Durham says:

13. Troublemaker10 says:

Honestly, during the campaign I didn’t really think anything about Melania one way or the other because she is basically a quiet reserved person. I wasn’t sure we would see that much of her as First Lady.

I have grown to really like her and have been so proud to have her represent our country. She has done a great job during national disasters also.

14. adam3wade says:

So thankful for her. I assume the headlines tomorrow will read as follows:

CNN: “First Lady Trump visited a children’s hospital to mock them about their illnesses”
    MSNBC: “The First Lady today made fun of poor children by stating she would rather be on a desert island”
    NYT: “Sources said that First Lady Trump bit the head off a child before appearing with Santa at a local children’s hospital”

15. Jim Bryan says:

Stunningly beautiful. The smile reflects the inner beauty of her soul!

#MAGA

16. woohoowee says:

First Lady Melania just glows 🙂

Then rang the bells more loud and deep
    God is not dead, nor doth He sleep (Peace on Earth, peace on Earth)
    The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
    With peace on earth, good will to men

17. In Az says:

Mrs. Trump is radiant when she is with children! Big, natural smile; relaxed.

Seriously, she really does look like an Angel!

18. lizzieintexas says:

Tonight I had Lou Dobbs on and he was interviewing someone in DC (at some government building) and in the background there were carolers singing Away In A Manger.

Just awesome. 😇

19. NJF says:

She really is wonderful isn’t she!

Very proud of her.

20. covfefe999 says:

I love Melania. If I were a guy I’d totally have the hots for her, but I’m female so I would just like to be her bestie. 🙂

21. 17CatsInTN says:

Ok. I know we’re on an O Holy Night theme, which is my favorite as well. But, I just had to share this one too. Mark Lowry (of Bill Gaither fame) and Voctave. Wait ’til the last note fades. It is incredible.

22. AWESOME, REMARKABLE, BREATHTAKING, STUNNING Melania ;O ;O ;O ;O

we are BLESSED

23. Mike diamond says:

What a beautiful first lady,makes you proud to be a american!!!

24. margaret says:

As many have astutely noted, Melania seems to be lighted up from within. No beauty product or money can buy that kind of beauty – it comes from the heart.

I was reading a little of Melania’s twitter feed and the hatred of her there is so horrific. I felt sorry for the posters because of their corrupted souls. Of course, the hatred is 100000x magnified on PDJT’s twitter too. But what did Melania do to deserve the hate? Nothing! May God Bless and uphold all the Trump family!

25. “O Holy Night” – Such a beautiful song, and it says something about Melania Trump that it is her favorite. The inner beauty that shines in her lovely face brings tears to my eyes. I’m so thankful that she is our First Lady!

26. Crosslife Spaces says:

I have enjoyed the reading of a simple and yet touching story and the Q and A. Tasteful and sincere, well thought out and reflective of the purpose of the Christmas culture.