November 30th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #315

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,309 Responses to November 30th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #315

1. Regina says:

• Regina says:

so he won’t even serve time on the weapon charge?
      I just heard someone saying that they could file federal charges for re-entry after he had served his time on the weapons charge…guess they don’t want to bother with that, either?

Does anyone know anything about the prosecutor in this case? I wonder if he actually threw it –

• Michelle says:

Im sure San Francisco will protect him forever.

2. jeans2nd says:

New rules at the FBI, kids. The Examiner article should lift your spirits a bit. The House Homeland Security hearing held today was an ear-opener.

3. Regina says:

4. So, only the GOPe can attempt to pass tax cuts that actually raise taxes.
    They better get their act together soon. And if they do actually pass a “tax cut” bill that raises taxes, I do hope our president doesn’t sign anything like that.

5. phoenixRising says:

Rebecca Nagle, a Cherokee woman, in an opinion piece posted to the Think Progress site, chastises Sen. Elizabeth Warren – not so much for falsely claiming to be part Cherokee to advance her career at Harvard University – as for failing, time and again, to lend visibility to Native peoples in the Ivy League, in government, or in American society generally.

h/t to tweet from Roseann Barr

• phoenixRising says:

Ms. Nagel ended her opinion piece with the following which I have excerpted:
      ______________________________
      Sen. Warren needs to accept responsibility for misappropriating Native identity for her own economic and political gain. To help her, I have drafted an apology, which she has my full permission to appropriate. Every last word:

I am deeply sorry to the Native American people who have been greatly harmed by my misappropriation of Cherokee identity. I want to especially apologize to the over 350,000 citizens of Cherokee Nation, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians and the United Keetoowah Band. In my family, there is an oral history of being Cherokee, however, research on my genealogy going back over 150 years does not reveal a single Native ancestor. Like many Americans who grew up with family members claiming to be Cherokee, I now know that my family’s stories were based on myth rather than fact. I am not enrolled in any of the three Federally recognized Cherokee Tribes, nor am I an active member of any Cherokee or Native American community. Native Nations are not relics of the past, but active, contemporary, and distinct political groups who are still fighting for recognition and sovereignty within the United States. Those of us who claim false Native identity undermine this fight.

I am sorry for the real damage that Native Americans have experienced as the debate about my false identity has revived the worst stereotypes and offensive racist remarks, all while Native people have been silenced. I will do my part as a Senator to push for the United States to fully recognize tribal nations’ inherent sovereignty and uphold our treaty obligations to Native Nations. I will use my national platform to advance the rights of Native Americans and I commit to building real relationships in Indian Country as an ally and supporter.

6. Linda says:

Just wondering….how did the “Conyers” meet? Seems like quite an age difference (34 years)….his carousing may have started a number of years ago.

7. Ivehadit says:

RE: tax bill and the corporate tax rate..
    Who pays for the corporate tax rate? THE CONSUMER. It is passed on to us! ENOUGH OF THIS talk of raising the corporate rate in the future! How did that work out for us when it was in Bush’s tax bill? WE ARE SICK OF THIS! Raising taxes to “pay” for the bill IS HOGWASH and you senators, Cornyn, Corker, et al KNOW IT. It is not your money!

WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE BEHOLDEN TO, AS WELL. AND WE WILL NEVER FORGET what you are trying to do at this critical time. Texas and Tennessee are disgracing themselves!