NBC Ideological News Icon Matt Lauer Fired For Sexual Harassment….

The progressive ‘gender strategy’ takes another of their own.  Following a meeting between NBC lawyers and a woman with very specific details about Matt Lauer sexually assaulting  her in 2014, the sanctimonious Matt Lauer has been fired from NBC.

The apex narrative engineers are having a tough time keeping their own creations from destroying themselves.

NEW YORK (AP) — NBC News fired “Today” show host Matt Lauer for what it said Wednesday was “inappropriate sexual behavior” with a colleague, making him perhaps the most familiar figure in America brought down so far by the misconduct allegations that have swept through Hollywood and the media over the past two months.

At NBC, news chief Andrew Lack said in a memo to the staff that NBC received a complaint about Lauer’s behavior on Monday and determined it was a clear violation of company standards. NBC said the misconduct started when Lauer and a network employee were stationed at the Sochi Olympics in 2014 and continued beyond that assignment.

While it was the first complaint ever lodged against Lauer, Lack said, “we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.” (read more)

Narrative sellers attempt to deal with the reality:

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, media bias, Professional Idiots, Sex Scandals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

278 Responses to NBC Ideological News Icon Matt Lauer Fired For Sexual Harassment….

1. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The entire NBC NEWS department should be FIRED for aiding and abetting.

• Bendix says:

Yes. They made a female reporter state on air tonight, that no one ever complained to present management about Lauer before this, but that does not account for how long this was going on right under the noses of people who call themselves reporters.
      They HAD TO know.

• helix35 says:

Finally, this arrogant, lying, hypocrite got his just desserts.

2. POP says:

Lightbulb moment for the left…..

We’ve read and absorbed Alinsky at last, comrades.

Expect your own tactics to be visited upon you. In fact it’s happening as we speak.

3. Monadnock says:

That bit about Lauer’s door lock button…. ok.

Time to enroll my daughter in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. No way will I leave her vulnerable in a situation like that – she’ll learn choke his (or someone else’s) azz OUT. Or break an elbow…

This is gonna be fun. 🙂

• Lou says:

Teach your daughter to dress and behave appropriately. Most men stay away from decent women.

• sunnydaze says:

Lou, please. Dress will never keep perverts away. And perverts are who we are talking about here.

Monadnock: YOU ROCK and Yes! teach your daughter to defend herself cuz it’s needed now just the same as it has *always* been needed.

• Not at all true. Not at all. Men are low lives at heart. As a chemist I walked around with a buttoned up white lab coat. Everyday I dreaded walking through the masssive open roomed department of engineering where I would look straight ahead while walking enduring cat calls the whole way. Very unnerving.

• G. Combs says:

cedarbrookblogger,

I too was a chemist and had to walk through the engineering department. I never let them phase me. I gave it right back to them and they laughed.

One of my jobs was in an all male factory. The accountant and plant manager’s secretary were the ONLY other women in the entire plant and they were in the management ‘tower’ As QC manager and trouble shooter I spent a lot of time on the floor and had zero problem with the guys.

I worked in eight different factories and NONE of the guys gave me a bit of trouble. The women on the other hand…. Well let’s just say I dealt with a lot of backstabbing little ‘hillary’s’

• maga2004 says:

Lou and Cedarbrook Blogger: Number One – Teach your daughter discernment so that she will be able to keep from getting in these situations in the first place. Your dignity is more important than a career. “The Gift of Fear” is an excellent book to help educate young women on how to avoid these situations.

Cedarbrook; I’m sorry you have had such bad workplace experience. Being a woman, I understand. Being a MOFB – Mother of Four Boys – I can tell you that many young men was raised to respect women. Mine were.

• PatriotKate says:

And always teach them to be a fighter with your own actions. Nothing is a better teacher for your children than your own righteous battles.

When my oldest son was about 17, he told a group of his friends: “You don’t EVER want to Eff with my Mother.” I took it as a compliment then and he confirmed that to me years later telling me that one of the things he admires about me most is that I’m a fighter for whatever wrongs I perceive.

• MVW says:

‘Men are low lives at heart.’

That is absolutely insulting. In 30 years of work as an engineer I never once saw misbehavior. As a supervisor I would never allow it, but then I had no need to deal with it as it never happened.

On the other hand, my dad left a Fed government job because of discrimination by a boss who was a woman and played favorites with men that did her ‘favors.’

So, keep your insults to yourself.

• Miss America says:

Lou, way to go blaming the women. Shame on you.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Not for nothing, but while I can imagine feeling helpless as a woman in such a situation, as a woman, I sometimes find it difficult to feel badly for some of the women and the situations they report they found themselves in.

Letting yourself be used, whether on a ‘casting couch’, or a date, or at a college party, only to feel remorse afterwards IS on the woman. The important thing is to live and learn and grow from such self disrespect.

Repeated occurrences of being used as such is really on the woman. And says a great deal about her character, or lack thereof. We agree it says MUCH about the man’s, but it does about the woman’s as well. We don’t hear this side of the coin when these accusations come out.

And I know from where I speak, and this is my own opinion based on that knowledge/experience.

• G. Combs says:

Part of it is also Madison Ave using s-e-x to sell. I see girls and young women, dressed ‘fashionably’ in the work place, or where ever without understanding they look ‘Cheap’ aka like they are selling themselves.

So yes it is on the woman to some extent too. Situational awareness, how you dress, your make-up, where you go, and most of all training in defending yourself.

Real biggie DON’T DRINK TOO MUCH! And make sure you KNOW your companions when you do drink.

• wondering999 says:

^^^ Yes G. Combs. I once called the local police department to ask for advice concerning my daughter’s job as a sort of greeter/seater at a jazz club that served alcohol, when she was in high school and working hard to buy a car etc. The policeman who was kind enough to advise me out of his experience told me that the odds of sexual assault are much higher in any situation where alcohol is being served or drunk.
              Daughter later went on to train as a bartender, just because it’s a good skill to have; but we both took the policeman’s advice into consideration. Watch out wherever people are drunk/impaired — not only their driving but other behaviors may also be out of whack
              ****
              Which brings to mind something a different daughter told me after taking a trip to Washington related to an activity she had been in — she said “Momma, the people in Washington DRINK. I mean, they drink *a lot*.” She was fine on that trip, but I’d say where the drunken politicians are gathered, might be good to watch out for trouble

• David R. Graham says:

Amen!

• maga2004 says:

Nonna, young women are not being taught nowadays how to take care of themselves; whether it is the lack of a fatherly influence or this P.C. feminist crap. How many stories that end badly start out with a young woman going to a party, to a bar, and getting fall down drunk? How stupid do you have to be to not realize you have lost all ability to protect yourself in that type of situation? Yes, in that type of situation, you are asking for someone to come along and take advantage of you.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

maga, despite women’s lib being alive and ‘well’, women haven’t been liberated, i agree.

Young women have no, or too few, examples in society to look up to in regards to how to be assertive as well as self-respectful. TO be confident and strong without being militant and brash.

I think that’s too sad. Sadly, many women (young and not so young) ‘go along to get along’ and as seen via recent disclosures, ‘to get ahead’.

I hope that tide is turning because of all the cr@p that’s spilling out all over the media.

• Sharon says:

You. Could. Not. Be. More. Wrong.

If that’s what you have taught your daughters, you have set them up as targets.

Foolish, foolish generalization.

• seeingeye2 says:

In that case, perhaps she should be taught to wear a hijab (to be safe).

• To my friends commenting above.
        Please don’t pile on Lou. I don’t believe Lou was blaming women. Let’s expand what (I believe) Lou is trying to say.

Men receive “vibes” from women. These vibes are a combination of dress and body language/attitude, both are forms of communication.
        A girl, however attractive to men, who dresses conservatively (yet elegant and or beautifully) and emanates an air of SELF-CONFIDENCE will not attract lewd behaviour.
        Men tend to admire these women from a distance but will not attempt any lewd behaviour against them (there are always azzholes).

Men will target women who display a lack of self-confidence because they are easy to manipulate. THE WORST THING TO DO IS TO LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD PRETENDING THOSE MEN DON’T EXIST. That’s like walking quickly to your car clutching your handbag late at night. Demonstrates weakness that men prey upon.

Ask yourself this question. Would men (other than utter azzholes) have a go at someone like Melania Trump? I’d say no because they know she wouldn’t stand for it and that there would be consequences to their bad behaviour.

So when Lou says teach your girls to behave properly, I don’t think (s)he is saying teach your daughters not to behave like $luts.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Yes, arrest, ding, Ding, DING!!!

You summarized what I was trying to convey. Thank you.

And a self-confident, self-respecting woman would not stand for such behavior and then cry victim. Sadly those who do stand for it to get something in return are just hurting themselves.

• L. Gee says:

My recommendation is Krav Maga (which means “hand-to-hand combat”)–the Israeli self-defense system. She can learn enough in just one or two sessions to already start defending herself, but I recommend that she stick with it for a while to get the automatic reactions down. The one I attended had lots of roll playing so we could practice what we learned.

• sunnydaze says:

I’ve seen that in action and it really is impressive.

• dman1971 says:

You should get a CCW and carry that is the best self defense known. Everything else is secondary.

• Texian says:

No fancy hong kong fooey stuff needed.. certain military men taught me a few simple moves that will incapacitate or permanently neutralize an enemy in about ten seconds (for them it would only take two or three seconds) that I cannot divulge..

• Sheepdog74 says:

I concur. Krav Maga encourages self defense based on natural reactions to a threat combined with violence to inflict pain and compromise your attackers balance. Krav discourages going to the ground where additional injuries or additional attackers may occur. I prefer my ground game but ha e been working Krav for the last year and a half to bolster my defense capabilities. Class tonight @ 8. Looking very forward to it. Most gyms offer a free introductory class to those interested in trying it. Enjoy and be safe. Osssssss

• daughnworks247 says:

The door lock thing is plain dumb. Matt is a little guy, metrosexual. Heck, I could take him. And if there was a struggle, it would be bloody.
      I have 4 stepdaughters. Heck, I worked on a trading floor in the 80s, where the testosterone dripped from the ceiling.
      WHO are these women who say nothing?
      What do you mean Lauer used to pinch Couric on the butt all the time?
      That has not been okay since the 50’s.
      Couric is a total FAKE as any kind of feminist.

• decisiontime16 says:

Were there any screams for help on the part of the women locked in his office?

4. MfM says:

NBC had to fire him because they covered for him for years.

I don’t think it will work, people will read the rest of the story and know what was going on.

Who has a button to lock doors without management knowing? The whole lot of them needs to go.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I just saw a segment with Melissa Francis on FBN. She had Joe Concha on as a guest. NBCs story about how they acted swiftly and gosh this was their first complaint on Lauer is all baloney.

There have been many complaints over many years, but their culture is all about protecting the big name talent so you low level producers and others shut up and go away you are expendable.

When I first heard about the remote door lock button I thought, well, maybe possibly it was some kind of deterrent for active shooter situations… Nope. He used it to trap women in his office and at least one woman is on the record as having been trapped, he dropped his drawers and ordered her to perform a sex act on him.

Apparently there are a lot of stories in the Naked City and this is just one of them. This guy is a serial sexual offender and a predator in my opinion. This goes WAY beyond some creepy guy leering at your bosom or patting you on the behind. This is horrible, and the people in charge at NBC need to be ousted for allowing this to occur while they ignore it.

• sunnydaze says:

You can bet every housekeeper /janitor in the building knew.

5. Coldeadhands says:

B-By Matt!

6. Ditch Mitch says:

PDJT jumped right on NBC. AND Joey.

7. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Iron Man Covfefe says:

Standard everyday leftwing behavior can’t stand the light of day.

8. Mia C says:

Witch hunt. I don’t generally trust witch hunts. Hope this is for the best. But seeing people lose decades long careers over allegations is also unsettling. I’m not seeing fair due process.
    –James Woods tweeted a question as to whether or not this was just a way for companies to get out of big dollar contracts.
    –Now they replace Lauer with someone younger, cheaper and better looking and the ratings go up because everyone is curious about the drama.
    –Sure I like seeing a Leftist go down like anyone else.
    –But as far as Leftists go, Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose were pretty nice guys on air.
    –Meh. I don’t know that witch hunts are a good thing.

• Ghostrider says:

I believe it and it’s called attrition.. What do you want to bet they replace Matt with Me Again Kelly?

• James F says:

Concern noted.

Lauer is a leftist establishment propagandist.

He was a big part of the biased media that created the Trayvon Martin myth.

He was good friends with Ryan Julison, the high-paid PR consultant who fabricated the Trayvon myth.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

These leftist “icons” are NOT losing careers because of accusations. Most freely admit their transgressions; and then whine privately that “I was on top of the world and it used to be OK.” Reality ~ it never was OK to be a sexual predator!

• MfM says:

It’s not just a witch hunt if there is proof. Sounds like he said and did things that others saw and heard. He also seems to have email or texted people. He wouldn’t have been fired if there wasn’t proof… not because it doesn’t happen… but because he’s high salary, high power and knows lots of people.

• A witch hunt would involve a situation where someone is persecuted for holding opinions or views that are unpopular or outside the mainstream. So far, none of those accused have denied they participated in actual objectionable behavior, except Judge Moore. This will become a witch hunt if innocent men or women are persecuted and suffer consequences for unobjectionable opinions or harmless behavior. The current bunch of slimeball Leftists are deserving of their fate by their own behavior, made worse by hypocrisy. However, this has the potential to metastasize and hurt the innocent.

• SteveO87 says:

I doubt if a corporation would fire someone like this without a substantial amount of evidence.

• Irisheyes says:

The official story is they fired him after one woman came forward with specific details of an assault. But I can’t imagine Lauer getting fired so quickly simply based on a “he said – she said” accusation.

I’m wondering if Lauer’s bosses were told to fire him asap, or be confronted with the public opening of a “sealed Federal endightment”. There are reportedly around 2000 of them now out there. That threat would surely light a fire under the bosses.

Just too many dominos falling too fast now for it to be a coincidence.

• mimbler says:

I read Lauer admitted guilt.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I do think I see your point and I agree with some of what you say.

I ended up spending some time looking into the Matt Lauer story sort of by accident and it is a lot worse that it sounded at first. Many, many, many women over many years, many complaints.

And apparently, sex stuff aside, he might have come across as nice on TV I don’t know because I have never watched him but in person he is pretty universally described as an unpleasant, unlikeable, mean, jerk.

• mimbler says:

The little I saw of him, I thought he was unpleasant, unlikeable and a jerk on tv as well! I never understood his popularity.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I read a description of him as a pleasant sort of “every man” married guy with kids persona.

Honestly, I had to keep asking who he was when he did the townhall thing with Hillary because I have never watched him in my life, so I really have only been dimly aware of him as some morning show guy but I might have had trouble identifying which network, even, and I don’t know that I could have picked him out of a police line up.

• Miss America says:

@Mia, I agree with you about people being tried in the media. Caution is definitely necessary because, as we see with people like Judge Moore, all it takes is one woman’s lie to ruin a man’s career and reputation. Slanderous allegations should be treated as serious crimes.

However, in this case, evidence suggest NBC knew. Laura’s coworkers knew. His bosses knew. He is a douche bag of the highest order and he deserves all scorn and derision heaped upon him. Also, do you really think NBC would have fired him like this if they didn’t have evidence?

• The witch hunt goal is Trump and the Dems are just putting the low hanging fruit on hiatus ,the will be back.
      They are planning something on Trump ,watch and see

• sallyal says:

I thought about the high dollar contracts also.

9. President Trump at each and every campaign rally-pointing to the network cameras and press pool-“these are bad and dishonest people”. Thanks Matt, Charlie, Garrison for coming forward to prove that the President is such a truth teller!

10. Linda says:

Hilarious Thomas Wictor thread lampooning the false accusations against Roy Moore:

11. Today be like….. with more falling!!

12. POP says:

I just can’t shake the feeling that PTrump has something to do with the tsunami of women accusing the left’s holy fathers.
    Wieny seems to have opened the floodgates.

That I’m unable to see the “how” doesn’t mean some Trumpian butterfly wings in Brazil didn’t cause the hurricane in Florida.

13. sundance says:

Latest: Matt Lauer raped co-workers in his office

14. kea25252014 says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAH….no wait AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHH….. I’m sorry but I never liked him and there was always something off about him.

15. NCPatrick says:

I saw a retweet from James Woods regarding the speed with which NBC fired Matt Lauer being in direct proportion to how much they are paying him. I thought the same thing when I first heard the shocking news this morning. No idea if NBC is required to continue to pay Lauer until the end of his contract based on these charges, but if so, it’s a quick and easy way to cut ballooning salaries of their stars. I don’t think the media is nearly as worried about bad press and bad image as cutting operating costs.

If I were Megyn Kelly, I’d be very worried. She is not a popular person at NBC and has done zero for their ratings. They’d love to get rid of her I’m sure and this scandal won’t be limited to men only much longer.

The reality is that cable TV and most media programming are boring and nobody cares anyway. Actually the sexual harassment stuff is the most publicity they’ve received in some time. Still boring. Nobody is as interesting as our President!

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The big three networX news operations have been losing money for decades. That’s not the problem. The talking head anchors got the big bucks because they were the happy faces of leftwing propaganda. Now that ratings are falling and no one believes them any more they have become expendable.

16. Sylvia Avery says:

I’m linking below an article from Variety which is probably not a publication many of us here read! They have been on the Matt Lauer story digging for a couple of months and what they uncovered is worth reading.

To summarize, there is an incredible amount of misconduct here. It sounds like women repeatedly went through channels for reporting, but the culture at NBC was protect the name talent.

Misconduct would be how I would characterize the low level stuff, like the colleague who received a sex toy from Lauer as a gift along with a very detailed note explaining exactly where and how he would like to use it on her. (Side Note: Can’t think of one guy I have ever worked with where I would have found that amusing or enticing.)

But it gets much worse than that. And many women DIDN’T use the HR channels for reporting because they were afraid or intimidated. He is apparently quite a huge jerk– mean, belittling, crude–and was totally enabled by senior management.

I haven’t been as sympathetic about the harrassment claims that have been flooding out over the last month as maybe I should have been because I was a young woman in the days before this behavior had a name much less any sort of “reporting process” or punishment for it. You just had to deal with it, and I really believed this kind of thing had to be very rare now or even a bit exaggerated since we’ve all been schooled in identifying it and dealing with it.

Now, I guess I have come to the conclusion that there are environments such as politics and show biz where people are so powerful that they can do whatever they want.

Lauer and his remote door lock really, really got to me. If he did rape women there I hope someone has the goods on him and can bring criminal charges.

• Lumina says:

Has Lauer issued a statement that he thought the feeling were mutual?

• Sylvia Avery says:

Not to my knowledge. Interesting point.

In thinking about that, and again just reviewing my career experiences, I can’t imagine a single instance where I would think that would be okay to do UNLESS I were already engaged in a consensual relationship with them.

• mimbler says:

I’m guessing that at this point, it wouldn’t be possible to obtain evidence for a criminal conviction, but like you, I’d sure like to see it happen.

But, the charges from multiple women corroborated by having told people at the time it happened should keep him from ever working again.

I don’t see how a sane person could commit sexual assault and think they would get away with it long term.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Sundance just posted an update that I have yet to read where I think two women are accusing Lauer of raping him in his office. Gonna have to go read that now.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Not much detail included in Sundance’s post. Info comes from NYT. One woman says she didn’t report it as she was “ashamed.” So, that is kind of meaningless in terms of criminal charges.

I want someone to have actually called the cops and had a rape kit collected, but I suppose none of them did. Too afraid of compromising their careers I suppose.

• TPW says:

Unless it wasn’t sexual assault…….If the woman went along with his advances even if unwanted……but held her nose and went along……this is not rape……sorry but if you go against your own moral code to save your job then your morals were not strong enough……Even with Franken he did not actually grope the woman’s breast (still bad)…..but when news big mouths say he groped her they are putting out fake news….unacceptable no matter who the person is. Sexual harassment has become too broad of a term just like racist.

• MVW says:

“Even with Franken he did not actually grope the woman’s breast ”

Not so. Photographic evidence is his problem, plus he admitted it.

• MaineCoon says:

“False imprisonment is the unlawful restraint of a person against her will by someone without legal authority or justification.”

Locking the door might put him behind bars….

• decisiontime16 says:

If what is alleged is true about Lauer, too bad his rape victims didn’t give him some severe facial injuries preventing him from any tv appearances.

• Charlotte says:

How the hell did Lauer get a remote lock installed under his desk? Did management know, did management pay?

17. phoenixRising says:

Rep. Kathleen Rice leaves House Dem meeting early, saying harassment wasn’t being addressed seriously. “I don’t have time for meetings that aren’t real.”

• angieunderground says:

She has a point. Those clowns don’t need a seminar on what constitutes harassment or assault, they need one their entitlement mentality.

18. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:
  19. Rainer says:

His good fortune was in having stick-like bird legs that allow him to wear the latest in male fashion and look pretty good doing it. Lauer is a sharp dresser. His bad luck, is in being a predatory media pervert at a time when that is really out of fashion. What a disgusting industry.

20. Texian says:

Somethin’ ain’t quite right with him.. he must’ve been raised on concrete..

Warning: This is ugly as Grandpa’s toenails..

[video src="https://i.imgur.com/1sJZetG.mp4" /]

21. Wait, so we’re supposed to believe that nobody at NBC knew that Lauer had a secret rape button under his desk?

22. I’m sure many here followed the Catholic priest sexual abuse scandals that erupted in the early 2000s.After several heinous cases received huge publicity the focus soon shifted to the coverups over decades orchestrated by some bishops. Cardinal Law in Boston forced out in 2002 and disgraced. Others followed.

QUESTION : Will the focus shift to higher ups in the media and Hollyweird for their coverups?

My gut says resoundingly, NO.

• wondering999 says:

Hm. My gut says let’s wait and see!
      Of course I’m still thrilling on the “Falling Dominos” video somebody posted above…. enjoyed that way too much.
      We may be in a different era after all. Let’s see.

23. William Friday Buckley's Ghost says:

Another tribesman bites the dust.

24. georgiafl says:

• LBB says:

From the WP- HLN’s reply

“On its website, the website is now promoting the episode with the a tweaked name.

“Taking into account recent events, and to more accurately represent the storyline, the episode is now titled ‘The Clinton-Lewinsky Scandal,’” Alison Rudnick, HLN’s vice president of communications, said in a statement.”

25. Donna in Oregon says:

I am beginning to feel very uncomfortable with this new trend.

If complaints were lodged at the time and there was nothing done about it by the powers at the time then the complaint has merit. But if something happened 20 years ago and nothing was said or done about it. Sorry. The statute of limitations for a felony is 7 years. Embarrassed? Not in the penal code as a time extender.

In California we had this weird thing going on with Child Care providers being accused without any proof of molesting kids, and when it was all said and done innocent people had their lives destroyed. Everyone was being accused, all across the state.

I’m just saying that the public gets just like a bunch of high schoolers with rumors and gossip escalating out-of-control really quick. Due process is important. People lie. People BS. It’s a human thing, not a gender thing. Some people just want attention or money, or both.

Be careful. These morons might mess with the wrong person and create a tragedy.

• Apfelcobbler says:

The daycare witchhunt did unfold with a similar fury didn’t it? At some point, these events take on a life of their own. And yet was anything solved? There is a lot of talk of pedo abuses to this day.

In today’s scandals, no one asks how Harvey/Kevin/Garrison/Matt was able to operate in a climate that looked the other way. These guys knew they could get away with all their grotesque behavior. They counted on it — for years.

26. georgiafl says:

27. Regina says:

A video of the longtime NBC host Matt Lauer mocking sexual harassment in the workplace in a farcical sketch on the “Today” show in 2012 resurfaced on Wednesday in light of the network firing him after receiving a complaint of “inappropriate sexual behavior.”

The four-minute segment, which “The Daily Show” posted on Twitter after the news of Lauer’s firing broke, featured Lauer pretending to report his colleague Willie Geist for swatting Lauer’s backside with a handful of folded-up papers.

In a mock interview set to dramatic music, “national investigative correspondent” Jeff Rossen introduced Lauer as “the owner of that derriere, breaking his silence.” Lauer then recounted the pretend incident in a solemn tone.

“I was standing by the doorway in the vestibule, and Willie came out, and I just said, ‘Hi, hi, Willie, how are you?’ and I thought that would be the end of it,” Lauer said in the segment.

“He reached out, and, you know,” he said, trailing off in faux anguish.

When Rossen questioned Lauer about whether he had somehow provoked the behavior — an apparent nod to outrage over instances of victim-blaming — Lauer said he had done nothing out of the ordinary.

“That’s impossible,” he said. “I didn’t do anything differently. I wasn’t wearing a different cologne. It just, it just — this was uninitiated.”

Lauer went on to jokingly mourn that Geist had not called or written him since the incident, saying “the abandonment” was the worst part of the encounter.

The video in the “investigation” showed Lauer returning Geist’s pat by swatting his colleague on the rear.

The sketch later cut to a cameo with the actor Dustin Hoffman, who asked, “Did Willie swat him with his willy?” to the raucous laughter of Lauer, Geist, and their fellow anchors Al Roker and Savannah Guthrie on the “Today” stage.

In recent weeks, Hoffman has faced allegations of sexual harassment and groping. The actor apologized in a statement.

“I have the utmost respect for women,” Hoffman said, adding: “I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am.”

The “Today” sketch isn’t the only clip to resurface on Wednesday. TMZ posted a 2012 interview with Katie Couric, who hosted “Today” with Lauer for years, in which she told Bravo’s Andy Cohen that Lauer “pinches me on the a– a lot.”

On Wednesday morning’s show, a visibly shaken Guthrie read a statement from NBC News’ chairman, Andy Lack, saying the network had “reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.”

28. phoenixRising says:

29. MVW says:

This is all about building up a narrative and using it to attack Trump in 2020. Bank on it. These hobgoblins will eat their own raw if it gets them a narrative. Evil to their black core.

30. jeans2nd says:

Has there been one.single.solitary.second of this recent display of mass histrionics devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of these people?

Why? B/c it is all about the media, all media, all the time.
    Not one of these over-privileged self-centered narcissists ever consider that THEY have the problem, that they ARE the problem.

These ppl are so easily diagnosed, even a child could do it.

Histrionic Personality Disorder
    “deeply ingrained patterns of behavior and the manner in which individuals perceive, relate to, and think about themselves and their world.”

“Personality disorders are rigid, inflexible and maladaptive…exhibit excessive emotionality…and are attention seekers. People with this disorder are uncomfortable or feel unappreciated when they are not the center of attention.”

“…constant seeking of approval or attention, self-dramatization, theatricality, and striking self-centeredness or sexual seductiveness in inappropriate situations, including social, occupational, and professional relationships…Opinions are easily influenced by other people, but difficult to back up with details”

“Therapy with people with this diagnosis is often challenging because they may exaggerate their symptoms or ability to function. They may also be emotionally needy and challenge the boundaries set up by the therapist.”

Not to mention what these ppl are doing to actual, real survivors of actual, real sexual trauma. There are those who, for their own personal reasons, choose to remain silent, deal with it, find solace in Our Savior and give thanks to Him, and carry on.

These media ppl need to shut up and go away.
    Please.

31. clodfobble says:

News “icon”? Seriously?

32. Charlotte says:

Remember This? Lauer on Trump’s Access Hollywood Tape: New ‘Low,’ ‘Final Straw’
    The hypocrisy of the left is sickening.

33. Charlotte says:

Lauer has a NZ bolt hole too
    NZ probes sacked US TV host Matt Lauer’s Queenstown estate

34. Apfelcobbler says:

Regina posted this video on the daily thread. (btw, is the MI governor able to name Conyers’ replacement?)

Of course there are some legitimate beefs and victims coming forth, and some women who were physically trapped against their will. But, there are also a lot of women who are, essentially, experiencing buyer’s remorse for bargains they made years ago. Something about this compulsive outing fest is very disturbing and being lead in disturbing directions.

This AG, for example, wants to conclude that men in general are at fault. It would NEVER occur to her to take any responsibility for having created (yes, created!!) and maintaining (yes, maintaining!!) women’s behavior since Women’s Lib! Funny isn’t it how the furious unwinding of ossified hypocracy is largely centered in (thus far) liberal institutions – the media, Dem politics, and entertainment.

Liberals got everything they wanted in the workplace, largely as a result of their feminism agitation (remember the years-long ERA?) What have they done with their independence all these years? As we are seeing, many women induldged badly behaved men and were willing to strike seedy bargains to get ahead, while gnashing their teeth under their breath and in whispers among themselves. Yet they went along … So long as they got those jobs!! In other words, they wanted those coveted positions more than they wanted to discourage or stop the bad bahavior if it meant closing down the pipeline to success! Collusion worked for them and was their chosen path. If you could play the game, you could win, and they did!

Camille Paglia often talks about how the campus was reformed from a paternalistic place of curfews to a free-love place where women finally gained an equal footing to men during the 70s. And yet, look at the campus today – a daycare center of helpless toddlers unable to think for themselves, terrified of words, and who see rapists behind every bush.

It’s not “penises” Dana – it’s Toxic Feminism!