Acting CFPB Director Mick Mulvaney Holds Brilliant Press Conference – Video…

Make Sure You Watch The Video:

OMB Director Mick Mulvaney is covering as ‘Acting Director‘ for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) until a permanent replacement is nominated by President Trump.  As most people are aware the Democrats are apoplectic about their holy grail bureau being under oversight of Mr. Mulvaney.  As evidence of their angst they are supporting legal maneuvers to stop the Trump administration from carrying authority within the agency.
The Department of Justice, White House Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), agreed with President Trump’s authority to appoint an ‘acting director’.  The legal counsel within the CFPB also agreed that President Trump was well within his authority to appoint Mulvaney.   However, that didn’t stop bureau employee Leandra English from filing a weakly positioned lawsuit trying to stop Director Mulvaney.
A federal judge listened to the argument of CFPB employee Ms. English a few hours ago. Judge Tim Kelly did not make an immediate ruling.  Instead, the DOJ will file a response to the pleading later tonight and Judge Kelly said he’ll take a look and make a decision from there.
The CFPB is the product of far-left progressives, specifically Elizabeth Warren, initially setting up a financial control agency that operates without congressional oversight. The Bureau construct was challenged in court and ruled ‘unconstitutional’.  That’s the backdrop for this press conference today with Acting Director Mick Mulvaney.

“Only one person who today showed up at work claiming to be director.”  “She wasn’t here.”   “In the ordinary world, if you don’t call, you don’t show, you don’t have a job the next day, but I’m not sure how it works here.”

The CFPB was essentially created to work as a legal money laundering operation for progressive causes by fining financial institutions for conduct the CFPB finds in violation of their unilateral and arbitrary rules and regulations.  The CFPB then use the proceeds from the fines to fund progressive organizations and causes. That’s the underlying reason why the Democrats are fraught with anxiety right now.
Elizabeth Warren set up the bureau to operate above any oversight. Additionally, the bureau was placed under spending authority of the federal reserve. The CFPB gets its operating budget from the Federal Reserve, not from congress. Again, this was set-up to keep congress from defunding the agency as a way to remove it. Everything about the way the CFPB was structured was done to avoid any oversight. Hence, a DC circuit court finding the agency held too much power, and deemed the Directors unchecked position unconstitutional.
Mick Mulvaney is now in a position to look at the books, look at the prior records within the bureau, and expose the political agenda within it to the larger public. That is sending the progressives bananas.
Most likely President Trump will not appoint a replacement until Mulvaney has exposed the corruption within the bureau.  That sunlight is toxic to Elizabeth Warren and can potentially be politically destructive to the Democrats. If the secrets within the bureau are revealed, there’s a much greater likelihood the bureau will be dissolved.
There are billions of scheme and graft at stake. Within the record-keeping there are more than likely dozens of progressive/Democrat organizations being financed by the secret enterprise that operates without oversight.  That’s the risk to the SWAMP.

BACKSTORY:

This entry was posted in Bailouts, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Economy, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

543 Responses to Acting CFPB Director Mick Mulvaney Holds Brilliant Press Conference – Video…

1. POP says:

Mick’s the smartest fellow in any room full of Congressmen and Senators.
    The quicker we stop playing their language games and call “progressives” what they are ie. “cultural marxists”, the better.
    Capturing the language is one of Alinsky’s prime directives.

2. click52 says:

I love this guy! He would make a great President! A man who understands where taxpayer dollars come from!

3. […] sundance Make Sure You Watch The Video: OMB Director Mick Mulvaney is covering as ‘Acting Director‘ for […]

4. Niagara Frontier says:

A top to bottom audit is required and may no rock be left unturned. Audit the time, attendance, leave and travel records of all staff and employees. I can only imagine how many Hatch Act violations have occurred by CFBP’s leadership and staff since it was created. Impound all hard drives, and take an electronic snapshot of all data on all servers to preserve evidence.

5. StanH says:

This guy is awesome. It’s who you’d expect Mr. Trump to hire. “Lock’em up Dano! “ It’s time to see orange jumpsuits become all the rage around DC. These extra constitutional agencies need to be closed down stat, and some asses need to be in slings.Follow the money.
    MAGA!

6. Sylvia Avery says:

The story of the CFPB is truly a gift that keeps on giving. This whole fracas over Who Is The Director? focuses light on this scummy swampy deceptive agency and its mission, the Fed, Pocahantus the Mother of the Beast, the Left, and so much more.
    Wasn’t the popular term awhile back schadenfreude? This story just reeks of it! And I love it. If I were a dog I’d lay down and roll in it with the greatest of pleasure.

• Fe says:

Oh you are a gem, love that last line Sylvia. I feel the same way. It’s like catnip, making me crazy in the good way. This whole deal is making me grin like a Cheshire Cat. And whoooo arrrreeee you says the cat to Ms. English. ?
      Get em Mick!!!

• The left is desperately trying to keep control of the $50 million that Mulvaney mentioned that is currently on the balance sheet. Remember, that “fundamental transformation” is expensive.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I was shocked, once again, and appalled by that simple statement of Mick’s. And envisioning it being directed to lefty groups who are trying to destroy us, and thinking again of the fiendish nature of BO and his compatriots to dream up schemes whereby we destroy ourselves under false feel good program names like Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
        I feel sick.

• Minnie says:

Hang in there, Sylvia, help is at hand.
          God bless Mr. Mulvaney in his quest to eradicate this mess.

• svenwg says:

Have you ever thought that Obozzo deliberately tried to weaken the United States of America to fulfill the Dreams of his father, as in the title of his book. It does not say My Father’s Dreams, but Dreams OF My Father. It then stands to reason that the dreams of his father were different to what his father actually was, a drunk and a failure.
          Barack Obozzo Sir, was a died in the wool anti-colonialist, that believed that the only reason that the West was so rich was because they had stolen all the wealth they had, from the people of Africa, India and especially American indigenous people. Just think of his statement “You never built that, it was the workers/society.
          From the moment he took possession of the Oval Office, he strangled America’s
          energy independence by banning drilling, closing coal mines and stopping the pipelines that would ensure energy independence. Did he do it because of concerns of Global Warming? No, he encouraged drilling in every third world country, so that was not his concern.
          If you look closely at what he attempted to achieve by reducing the influence of the USA internationally, destruction of America’s atomic warheads and parring down the size of the US army and weakening it with trannies, you will see clearly that he had no loyalty to the United States of America, but was actively trying to return the world to before there was any sort of Super Power and the resumption of tribal warfare where all nations were equal in strength aka the year 2,000 BC!!!!
          By kind curtesy of Danish De Silva’s(?) lectures, books and films.

• Sylvia Avery says:

To answer your question: YES. It occurred to me pretty early on that BO’s policies were so diametrically opposed to the health and well being of our economy and our culture that it had to be by design or plan, not just ignorance or incompetence.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

Fauxcahontas is an enemy. Pocahontas was friend.

• piper567 says:

perfect Sylvia…perfect.

• calbear84 says:

Elections have consequences! Bravo Director Mulvaney.

7. fleporeblog says:

Just like Jeff Sessions put an end to the BS that allowed the DOJ to take money they won on cases and pass it along to their little pet projects, Mick Mulvaney will not only stop ? it but also expose the fraud for Americans to see. People will be blown away by it.
    Folks we all want the Swamp Drained ASAP but what was done by Sessions and now by Mulvaney is truly taking a large portion of the Swamp out. Sunlight is truly the greatest disinfectant!

• fleporeblog says:

Mick has ultimate power and can implement our President and Mnuchin’s plan for smaller banks that will support small businesses with loans once they begin to expand. Couple that with Tax Reform and the sky is the limit for the Economic Train ?.
        Folks this is HUGE! Small businesses are going to benefit bilgly as banks are freed to loan and not worry about all the regulations.
        Mick spoke to that fact in his presser! 6% to 7% GDP here we come!

• Minnie says:

⭐️⭐️⭐️?

• Wait, Flep, there’s even MORE:
          Prosecute the Fed Perps, and remove-and-replace them for cause!
          President Trump can engage MULVERINE (earlier knighted below) to both remake the Banking System, overhaul the Fed and its Board of Governors, and prosecute Political Racketeering to eviscerate the organizations that drive the Globalist Cabal.

• Yippeekiyay says:

Thank you BlackKnightRides! “This will provide evidence that the Federal Reserve has been a Treacherous Accomplice in funding Political Racketeering!”. The corruption runs deep but this is a great start.

• fleporeblog says:

I absolutely love it!

• Well, one doesn’t see the comments below one replies to… usually, but…
            You don’t reform a private criminal entity like the fed, you burn it to the ground and hang the banksters for treason or sedition.
            Then you follow the constitution as originally written, return to the proper monetary standards and write/pass an amendment with salary caps, term limits and technological oversight of all new representatives making a median salary equal to ours and using the same health care as us.
            😉 Sounds correct, because it is. Dreaming? So were the Founders… at first.

• NYGuy54 says:

Slow down. It’s just his first day. And tax reform looks like it has firm opposition from 5 or 6 senators.

• Someone has to mention in this discourse section the fact that the not at all federal “federal” ahem… “reserve” (printing press for globalist bankster debt masters) was the “spending authority” in charge of providing budget to the cpfb, and as a “legal” money laundering facility prone to funding “progressive causes”. No, it is not “legal” and more than “insider trading” was made “legal” for the swamp. Everything shitler did was also made “legal”.
          Can we not go deeper with this? The truth is paramount, the fed is the tap root of all destruction in this nation, period. And in case anyone doesn’t know, the fed is a privately owned with foreign interest central bank that is NOT “federal” in any way. It’s likely pulling in around 45 to 50 million an HOUR or more by now in debtor interest that Americans have been bullied into believing that they are responsible for. Why would they be? Why would your child be born owing a couple hundred grand that swampers wasted on destructive garbage not at all conducive to freedom, liberty or… JUSTICE.
          Haven’t we financed enough of our own demise? I think so.
          There is a reason the “service” is called INTERNAL, and why every director I have ever seen in front of congress critters for the charade states that it is voluntary making sure he adds “based on voluntary compliance”. That’s an oxymoron. A sick one. There is no such thing. It is the feds strong arm entity, and it’s constitutional- for those in the district of criminals.
          I went here because the first three words of the Preamble to the ORIGINAL constitution for the United States were We the People. Not we the Swampers. If WE don’t start demanding a return to original constitutional republican liberty it will not happen.
          Because FED banksters/globalism.

• duchess01 says:

Most definitely agree with all you have said, flep – the Fraud, Waste, and Abuse in this organization will be unconscionable to even imagine for the American people – just when we think we have seen it all – another agency comes under the microscope –
      The Dims are ‘shaking in their shoes’ – as if they weren’t already – every day a new revelation – and now, one of my favorite Trump Team Heroes will be rolling more of them over the coals – calling in extra septic trucks to haul away the drudge and debris from this part of the Swamp – never realized just how massive the Swamp was!
      This man is not only brilliant but, he is also thorough – he knows where to look – he is not intimidated by regulations and/or laws – cannot help but think – he already knows what he will find – guys like Mulvaney do not fool around – they mean business!

8. Daniel says:

They’ve got secrets and he has access to them.

9. The Devilbat says:

Sylvia – just be glad that your not a dog !!!

10. Pam says:

Mulvaney will be brilliant in both of these roles. I say bring the hammer down on this Obama swamp creature along with Liawatha and the rest of the crew. The sooner the better!

11. Oldschool says:

Well treepers, we may have found our answer.
    Mulvaney 2024!!!!!

• dekester says:

He is a good one for sure. V.P. Pence is proving to be a hard worker though, and can certainly do great things in the Mid West, and with Evangelicals. Maybe Mulvaney for V.P. Is he not from the Carolina’s?
      North, South Carolina and Florida. Pence in the Mid West.
      Sounds like a good team, and PDJT assisting at their Rally’s.
      MAGA.

• 4sure says:

He’s soft on immigration issues. Was not a Trump supporter in primaries, as were none of the SC congress/Sen swamp creatures, including Gov. Haley.

• Sylvia Avery says:

If he is soft on immigration issues, that makes me sad.
          However, I want to implore all my fellow Treepers to maybe cut folks a little slack on whether or not someone supported Trump in the primaries. I say that as one who thought the world had gone mad for considering Trump in the primaries. As I watched him during the process, I saw things I liked a lot but was still turned off by his personal style of communication and his bravado.
          I got over every one of my “issues” with Donald Trump and I absolutely adore him now and have for a good long while. People can learn, people can change their minds. So it is good to be watchful and on the look out for false supporters or traitors in the ranks, but PDJT has winning ways that are infectious.

• Oldschool says:

Agree sylvia and if Trump succeeds in his wall and immigration reform, that will not be an issue in 2024.

• 4sure says:

I agree 100%. I was merely pointing out that the entire SC critters were pretty much uniparty club members. I did not understand that at first, because Trump had tremendous support among SC voters early in the primary. Shows me the uniparty does not give a crap about the voters.
            Mulvaney is probably one of a few real Trump supporters in DC. Haley is and always has been for Haley. Mulvaney has always been very candid w/voters. What you now see is how he has always been.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Your point about the SC delegation vs. the SC voters is so true and I am baffled by it. By the NC delegation as well. A bigger bunch of establishment sell outs I have never seen. It is embarrassing.
              I have high expectations of those the South sends to Washington because I have this belief in southern common sense and natural conservativism. But what a bunch of hacks they have elected. Very disappointing.
              I have no idea where Mulvaney is from or anything about his background except he was a Representative and didn’t initially support Trump. I’m going to have to take a few minutes and research him a bit.

• Sylvia I was slightly slow to the Trump train myself. But I had this real life image in my head of one of his Manhatten construction sites and it was really impressive. This site was shoe horned in with no space between buildings, and a crane on the roof 12 storeis high and building up. Black granite building with a nice platinum-color Trump logo. Very impressive. My first and only trip to NYC. This was one year after 911 and the city was in a depression.
            During the primaries I had an ephifany 14 months before the election that he was the only one that could beat Hildabeast. So I started watching some rallies, and I liked them. But it took me about 6 months to start trusting him. And now I totally trust him. He has not let us down! My sisters are also put off by his brashness. But they’re not supporters. I try not to laugh at them. They just don’t get it.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks for telling your story, it was interesting!
              I kept watching Trump as I watched all the candidates during the primary. There were all these little moments, like when he dared to speak out about The Wall. When he courteously stood with Ben Carson during those awkward moments at that one debate when everyone else kept rushing right on by them. When his way was blocked to the rally, and he and his team just hopped out of their SUVs and scrambled over the jersey barriers and went on in.
              Those things gave me some measure of the man’s character. I hated his brashness, and hated his tweeting. I eventually began to think he was the only one who could beat HRC.
              I finally asked myself if I was going to allow my personal distaste for his “style” to get in the way of someone who might be the answer and concluded no I was not.
              And of course in the end it was quite simple. Hillary Clinton or the alternative. But by then I was sold on Donald J. Trump, lock stock and barrel.
              Thank God for all the people out there who believed in PDJT from the beginning so that his campaign had excitement and buzz and garnered attention. I honor all of them, even if I didn’t get it in the beginning.

• starfcker says:

Sylvia, he is soft on immigration, but also a koolaid server on balancing the budget on the backs of retirement social security. Too many other useful ways to get that done, Trump has that one right. I don’t want to live in Paul Ryan’s world

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m sorry to hear Mulvaney is a believer in balancing the budget by cutting Social Security.
              Restructuring Social Security in some way may be necessary ultimately, I don’t know, but I do know that Ronald Reagan’s vision of growing the economy is the answer to a lot if not all of our budget problems and I think PDJT will prove that again for this generation. I’d much rather try that, and kicking out illegals who are sucking up financial resources, before cutting Social Security.
              I don’t want to live in Paul Ryan’s world, either.

• Curry Worsham says:

Well he’s a supporter now!
          Old “Cantaloupes” turned out pretty good, wouldn’t you say Sundance??

• I wouldn’t be slamming the ball in the end zone just yet, we’ve light years to go here.
            What if cantaloupes is playing a role for bazillion dollar payoff someday after stabbing us all in the back again?
            It’s happened over and over again as the psycho-political machine provides us with things that are expendable to them while keeping let’s say, oh… the FEDERAL RESERVE in place along with its extortion “service”.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

You are correct. It’s why we’re not pro-Pence. Paul Ryano, Scott Walker, Jeff Flakey, Rinse Preibus are his buddies, is enought to make me want to wince and look the other way.
          What has he done?…. All he has done is repeat what President Trump said and do charity work, flown to lay groundwork for President Trump’s visits, if possible. (I’m thinking they used Pence for a dry run to see if that country’s security is set-up to par for President Trump’s visit) I don’t think Pence is very sharp like Mulvaney is.
          I remembered being taken aback when shortly after 2017 inauguration, Pence went and set up a PAC for himself. It did put a pause in me, so I’m watching closely. Even tho it is fake news reporting it, it is rather unusual–actually first time ever a sitting VP to do that.
          ….and gobs of other sites too on the same topic.
          I will hold back my enthusiasm for Pence, for now-like that lovable suspicious cat.

• People either don’t know or have forgotten, he literally told constituents to get used to criminal alien “worker” influx, as it was in their state to say. Brought in a cantaloupe as a visual aid. Much mockery was made of it, but not enough.
          I still don’t trust any of them and won’t until they prove they are truly burning it all down as instructed to do with absolutely no chicanery popping into the mechanisms for returning to our CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. Yep, shouting. It should be shouted all day every day.

• Oldschool says:

Sounds good to me deke.

• piper567 says:

anyone know Mulvaney’s age?

• SpanglishKC says:

Funny you mentioned Pence…I have not been hearing much from him or about him lately… well to the degree we were the firts 9 months… What is he up to? How is Trump using him? Or not?

• jrapdx says:

If Mr. Mulvaney pans out as his current direction seems to imply, you could be right about 2024. Of course there are positions on so many issues, like immigration, the Wall, education, and all the rest, that Mr. Mulvaney will have to let us know about. Then we’ll see if he has “the right stuff” to continue the MAGA agenda.

• georgiafl says:

It will likely be Pence.
      Mulvaney is sharp as a tack, honest and wise, but doesn’t seem to have the kind of voice/mannerisms/communication skills of a global leader.
      Maybe it’s because I’m from the South and older, but it is a strain to keep up with and understand his extremely fast speech.

• singingsoul says:

I have no problems understanding Mulvaney and English is my second language…
        He seems to be a brilliant man hat is what we need after all the years with duds.
        President is brilliant I am not sure about Pence he strikes me more like a Bush good but not brilliant not an innovator. Look what happened when Bush took over from Reagan..? Pence can be manipulated by the good ole boys. The tip was that he did not have courage to endorse candidate Trump.

• milktrader says:

Don’t like Pence, but agree with your characterization of Mulvaney, with whom I’ve had multiple personal conversations while he was SC District 5 congressman.
        Remember the cantaloupe.
        Mick is a great example of how Trump can get the best out of people.
        Zinke 2024.

• Oldschool says:

I do remember the knocks on mulvaney, even SD had hesitations, if my memory serves, but I look at this performance and wonder if he succeeds in more leadership roles? Don’t really know enough about him. Just know what I have seen in this administration and LOVING him.

• I swear you are all way ahead of yourselves. This guy was a total uniparty puppet before Trump hired him, and none of us “know” any of these people. We don’t “know” he’s a good guy and we don’t know if he will flip the script at some point and screw us all like he did his own people in South Carolina with criminal alien welcome mats…
              Please…

• georgiafl says:

However, my computer has a bad sub-woofer and I can’t hear anything very well right now. Need to get new speakers.

• yucki says:

He speaks a little fast for me, too.
          A little coaching could change that presentation style.

• Michael says:

He was on the adrenalin jazz! I know it well. Walking on the edge is the only way to live. 😉
            (also prevented prestitute interruptions)

• Dixie says:

Thought maybe he had too much caffeine and sugar (donuts) combined with the pressure of the position he’s in. We’ve heard him speak before and although he was clear and concise, I don’t remember him talking this fast. In fact, I’m sure he didn’t. We were all impressed even then when he was answering budget questions from the press.

• svenwg says:

Personally I love his rapid fire way of speaking, as only those telling the truth can do so as they arre not attempting to find words that are ambiguous in any way!!!!

• Oldschool says:

Oh, miss georgia, neither does our lion!!!

• Jerry Cross says:

I hear you, 68 Mississippi. That guy is so smart and can think on his feet very well.

• DeWalt says:

He would get us Law Enforcement people’s vote, you know, donuts and all.

• KBR says:

I’m also from the South and older. I have not liked Pence from the start. I have no problem at all following Mulvaney’s fast speech.
        Pence chose to support Ryan even while Ryan was saying “not there yet” about PDJT, (the leftist media was all over it) and even after Pence was chosen as running mate.
        Pence was Disloyal in the extreme, right from the start, in my estimation of Pence. His old buddies remain his best buds and they are all Uniparty seeking to protect the Swamp.
        Many others see it like I do, so I disagree strongly that “It will likely be Pence” unless MAGA is to die in the next change of POTUS.
        I am not easily fooled, and believe that the leopard does not change his spots so easily as all that: Pence is not MAGA, he is and was Uniparty.

12. Minnie says:

This is all so delicious.
    “Winning” is an understatement!

13. adoubledot says:

This guys kicks flat out kicks a$$ handling those presstitutes’ questions. In a previous era, he would have won on the Apprentice.

14. georgiafl says:

Honestly – I would bet the reason they are so absolutely frantic to keep control of this no oversight agency is that there is big and severe hidden Clinton-level corruption/scam/fraud/theft (the usual Democrat MO) to be found by an honest guy like Mulvaney!
    I can’t wait to see Elizabeth Warren and/or some of her colleagues jailed over this!!!!
    Snort-giggle-snicker.

• Niagara Frontier says:

That’s exactly why I hope that over the Thanksgiving weekend, somebody from outside CFPB was preserving evidence by securing the data on all the servers. If not, all CFPB employees need to receive a DOJ memo immediately ordering them to preserve all records until further notice.

• I am sure the NSA took a snapshot image of their server over the weekend.

• mimbler says:

Maybe…I’m getting to the point where I think it is just as likely the NSA wiped their server over the weekend (like not with a cloth).

• Sounds like your head is on straight mimbler. “We” the people have always had a tendency to jump the gun and think all is well only to find out we were screwed again- somehow. This guy could be playing the part only to do the same as so many before him.
            Because trillions. At stake…
            cpfb, sacrifical lamb. Fed, still in place. Yeah.
            just sayin.

15. lisaginnz says:

AWEsome….. Go Mulvaney!
    … on a side note, anyone else think there is furious paper shredding going on in some of the backrooms of said ‘bureau’ a la ‘Dick and Jane’ movie? That is what I’m picturing at CFPB right now…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RY3KsAkhFw

16. Red Frog says:

I must say, I thought Mick was a Swamper when he discussed the “cantaloupes” to his voters on Frontline. My impression of him has evolved.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Let’s hope his views on cantaloupes have evolved, also.

• KBR says:

My impression of the cantaloupes thing:
      At the time it was widely held that there would be too few native South Carolinians willing to go out into the fields and orchards to pick produce for a living, thus a need for aliens to do so.
      Cantaloupe is just one of the agricultural mainstays for SC, but being larger than a peach and an easy illustration, it was chosen to represent the rest. It is one of those things best picked by hand.
      I still have yet to see citizens from SC encouraging their children to pick crops for a living.
      Nor do I see many enterprising but jobless young SC citizens clamoring for croppicking jobs. As I see it, most would prefer to live off their poor or middleclass moms and dads (dragging them into poverty level b/c supporting adult children) until work comes along befitting their perceived “status.” Much of the time that perceived status is a higher status than that of the mom and dad they live off of. I know many such cases just north in NC.
      Example: mom receptionist, dad sheetmetal and airconditioning. Kids college grads too good to do such “low class” jobs as the parents, live off parents while “seeking employment in their fields of study” for years on end. Do the “adult kids” seek to pick crops in season to help the family finances? No, far beneath their dignity, far below their imagined pay scale. But they did start having babies that the grandparents also have to support.
      This is not how most of our pioneering ancestors thought in 1776: if they had no means of earning their own way, they generally did the work that was available. Not much was “beneath the dignity” and honest work was valued. (And let me here state that if they had no means, they also had no slaves, so don’t bother bringing that into this.)
      I surely do hope that people can see that Mick Mulvaney was representing his state and its agriculture at the time. And that the mockery over cantaloupes was fostered and repeated by the very MSM we now disdain.
      Now he represents MAGA.
      If you know of young SC citizens who are clamoring for croppicking jobs, or of parents encouraging chldren to take up croppicking for a livng, please let me know. And I will apologize for my ignorance about the status and role of croppickers.
      These jobs will still have to be done once all border-crossing aliens are removed, if that ever occurs.
      I hope croppicking as well as other work of the hands stops being seen as “beneath th dignity” of our citizens. I do not want agriculture dependent upon aliens, I want illegal border crossing stopped.

17. Ditch Mitch says:

SD, thanks for posting. I tuned in in the middle of the live briefing and was unable to record it. Mulvaney is amazing. From his first budget brief he just gets better and better. He was also great as part of the House Freedom Caucus.
    From the brief Mulvaney stated English was not at the CFPB to do her job as was claimed. Of course he was asked a number of times if she would be still working at CFPB.
    His answer, and I paraphrase “In private business she would be fired for not coming to work and not informing anyone. As a federal employee, I have to review the regulations.” Got the impression if he can fire her he will.
    More importantly, Mulvaney exposed the CFPB as an uncontrolled entity which is accountable to no one.
    Mulvaney says he will do what he can under the Executive Branch to fix the CFPB. However, like NoCare, DACA and No Budget, CFPB needs to be corrected in Congress.

18. Lucille says:

Isn’t it refreshing to have more no-nonsense people involved in government who actually give answers to questions. Viewing this presser is an indication of how Mulvaney will work to bring the bureaucracy to heel and hopefully place this agency under the purview of the people’s house (not that Congress is to be trusted) and not under a leftwing entity which was simply redistributing wealth and not protecting the majority of Americans from overreach and governing by dictatorship.
    And how about that AP writer giving out with “…Dems meet with interim bureau head.” LOL! Editorializing much?

19. daughnworks247 says:

I stopped this afternoon to watch the presser. Again, Mulvaney SCORES!!!!!

20. LBH says:

He’s large and in charge. Go Mick!

21. rainmom says:

how refreshing it is to see a hot seat presser handled in this manner! the man is brilliant, a no b.s. communicator, a total gem! many thanks for this!

• elize says:

I really respect the fact that he stands behind his prior opinions re the CFPB. As opposed to a power hungry person who would say, (esp now that they’re in control of the devils checkbook), “Oh, no the CFPB is wonderful and shouldn’t be held accountable to the taxpayers and congress.”
      It takes balls to admit that the power you wield, even if only temporarily, is insane and too much.
      Another point, how many congress members work 6 days a week? I would imagine many, if not most of us as business owners or as employees have pulled 60 hour weeks. If salary you’re not compensated and as an hourly employee people often work off the clock because you simply have work that has to be completed.
      I like him!

22. fedback says:

‘I think the President has called her Pocahontas before, it’s probably not the last time…’

23. Me says:

It would appear that Ms. English got served by Mr. Mullaney. Oh Snap! He’s smooth with the veiled insults or not so veiled 😉

24. rumpole2 says:

Mulvaney impresses me… he at least talks the talk.. and I for one am prepared to believe he will walk the walk.(or die in the attempt)
    I can’t say the same for many in the political spotlight. (eg Jeff Sessions)

25. alliwantissometruth says:

This kind of stuff makes me jump for joy
    These low life, bottom feeding scumbags think they’re above the law. They usurp our government & hide their corruption & crimes, thinking the “little people” will never be allowed to see the books
    It’s like walking into a cave on an uncharted island & finding a chest
    I can see it now. We open the chest & a glorious bright light spills out…
    The treasure! A treasure trove of democrat secrets! All their corrupt & criminal schemes for all to see!
    God I love it!

26. SoCalPatriot says:

Mick is an impressive fellow…one of my favorite Cabinet members. No wonder the left hates him.

27. FL_GUY says:

If English was smart, but then smart and D-Rat is an oxymoron, she’d tap that off-shore account for some traveling money and take an extended vacation to a place that has no extradition treaty with the USA. But then, smart and D-Rat can’t be used in the same sentence.

28. Suzanne says:

I feel certain the grand high poobahs at CFPB spent their Thanksgiving recess shredding every piece of paper they could find and applying either Bleach Bit or ball peen hammers to every hard drive in the building

29. jbrickley says:

Mick’s got a flame thrower and he’s going to Light That Place, Right UP! Turn over every stone and fry the critters hiding in the cold wet swamp. No doubt they are going to find some serious dirt. This is a big surprise to the Left they never thought this would happen. They are downright fearful.

• 4sure says:

“They are downright fearful.”
      Not in the least. Why would they be? There is no precedent to make them fearful.
      Not a single person will be charged with any crime and I doubt if a single person will be terminated except for English.
      Mulvaney stated he had been consulting with and had been briefed by agency attorneys on the Bureau’s work. Those agency attnys. (fed employees), have made damn sure all corruption has been legalized.

• dutzie60 says:

Question … Why did Coudray resign? He had unilateral authority why give it up?

• elize says:

The cockroaches see the writing on the wall, the gig is up. Those with the most unprotected baggage scurry the fastest.

• jbrickley says:

Apparently, his term is up in July and he decided to bug out and pursue a new line of work. Run for governor, etc. He had zero chance at a new term.

30. paulraven1 says:

Another drama in which Trump’s scruples and mandate meet head-on with the grossly unConstitutional prerogatives of the Leftist DC establishment and which the media can completely misrepresent. I’d like to know what Republicans supported this abomination of a bureau. We should call them out, demand an explanation. This mess could be a “teachable moment,” the real kind; it could be an opportunity to drag Elizabeth Warren through the slime of her own making. Remember — every crisis is an opportunity.

31. rumpole2 says:

This English woman… just LOOK at her!!
    She needs to be fired…. LOL
    Warren and Chuckie… I’d fire on sight too!!

32. DeWalt says:

Interesting how English, as with Hilliary, feels that these positions are like royal progression and should be theirs, because……….

33. filia.aurea says:

Mulvaney, my kind of guy. No p.c. bravo sierra. Knock them into line right off the bat! WTTEO “This bureau will NOT be run in the same way under President Trump as it was the previous admin, other than statutorily; those changes will be up to Congress. Hiring and regulation freeze is a good start, then full audit of their slush fund – they have auditors, bring in outsiders to audit the auditors.
    I have first-hand experience dealing with this disgusting pile of incompetent bureaucrats, as well as indirect acquaintance with a highly paid senior person there, through family members. The first clue comes with their name “Consumer Financial Protection” that’s a joke, a poke in the eye to every honest hard working American. Get rid of all the non-english speaking employees, audit every employee with e-verify, and fire all the management.

34. All we need is for the judge to find Mulvaney’s 3 day week less favorable than English’s full time week. Let’s hope not. Democrats will no doubt squeal about the role requiring someone full time to manage the bureau in her favor. It’s about the only valid argument they would have.

• rf121 says:

I would bet a 3 day Mulvaney work week is equivalent to a liberal work month. Now that I think of it, Liberal and work is an oxymoron.

35. Mulvaney just became President Trump’s Consiglieri Apprentice!

36. deplorabledooku says:

The CFPB was praised by all the wrong people in my book; was pushed by all the wrong people; and was yet another grab at nationalizing a major component of the American economy, and one that impacts daily lives, Obamacare for the financial industry lorded over by an untouchable un-Constitutional politburo of Bernie Sanders types. This agency must be demolished and obliterated and must reopen the whole mess known as Dodd-Frank, which must also be done away with. It’s rich irony that Fauxcahontas made millions abusing these very same financial institutions by dint of her fraudulent ancestry and her dubious house flipping.

37. Jim Rogers says:

IL’ve just checked the final results of the 2016 Presidential Election….. Leandra English received fewer electoral college votes than Hillary Clinton! None, actually! She was not on the ballot in any state and not ONE write-in vote in her name was recorded! So I conclude DJT is our POTUS and within his rights to name an interim-director of CFPB until his final nominee is approved. English is just a sick “clinger.”

38. Sylvia Avery says:

Oh, I do hope everyone takes the twenty minutes or so to actually watch the presser. Mick Mulvaney is just awesome. He is like one of the guys on The Walking Dead wading into a herd of zombies. He swings his weapon, he chops, he blocks, he stabs, he ducks. He is poetry in motion.
    I love how he answers questions, no matter how hostile or snarky or designed to make him or the President look bad. He is all business, sharp, to the point. Wow.
    PS> I will go on record saying I don’t like his rainbow socks as shown in the previous CFPB thread.

• rf121 says:

Cold shower for Sylvia.

• Sylvia Avery says:

But try to understand, try to understand
        Try try try to understand
        He’s a magic man…

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Just made me think of the song “Barracuda” (also a great tune). It was written about a producer who was a bit too, erm, pushy and a real sleazebag.
          First though was Schumer, but he produces nothing but trash. Wonder if it was someone like WhineStein…
          (Now I can’t get those songs out of my head… Thanks… )
          There’s a “Midnight Special” on YouTube with “Magic Man” on it…

• mimbler says:

I was working in the shop, listening and laughing. It seems pretty simple to do what he does, just be intelligent, courageous, and believe in what you are doing.
          It does seem, though like we have a paucity of political people with those three qualities.
          Anyway, he chewed them up and spit them out! Really enjoyable,

• LBB says:

Plenty in video to be impressed with. Mick is one of those team members you wish you could clone. I’m sure he’ll be successful while he there months, eh weeks, or until the President ,or court say otherwise.
      One highlight, his confidence in the team he put together at OMB , which will allow him to head two offices. Prayers for his clarity and endurance.

• sickconservative says:

What would our Gov’t look like if they all were this way.
      PDJT sure picks the best.

39. Ferret2 says:

Now we know how Obama was able to pay for his hot dog and pizza parties.

40. Looks like MULVERINE has just burst upon the scene.

41. NYCTH says:

This guy should run for office

42. Suzanne says:

Just watched the video…. Oh my… he is very, very good! Loved the line about English wanting to be independent from PDJT! Heh.

43. ECM says:

President Mulvaney, the 46th prez of the USA, has a nice ring to it, after the current prez’ two terms, of course.

44. Everyone, take Sundance’s advice and watch the entire video, beginning to end. Mulvany is well steeped in the ways of DCA and will stand his ground. I’m beyond sure that PDJT told him, ” get it done, I have your back.” Mick will get it done.
    I’m with BlackKnightRides – MULVERINE!!

45. Tejas Rob says:

Mick Mulvaney is a badass. I hope he runs for President someday, I’ll crawl over broken glass to vote for him.

46. Jean says:

This Bureau was declared unconstitutional in court.
    Desolve it….although it would be fun to see the liberal congress persons’ heads explode, if the fines were funneled into Conservative causes.

47. Uncle Max says:

Wowzer… Mulvaney was OUTSTANDING in that presser. Incredible. Thank you Sundance. I have a sense of calm and confidence. Let’s hope that judge throws that lawsuit out in the morning and Ms. Butthurt is fired.

48. Oscar Oddpicker says:

Absolutely love Mulvaney!
    I forwarded the link & video from CTH to a friend currently on business trip in China. Like most successful businessmen, he has very little time to follow the inner workings and swamp machinations of DC. What troubles me is the one-sided, blatant abuse of power at this Warren created “bureau.” Until last week, I had little understanding of what this bureau actually does. My friend currently in China is a CFO for a mid-size manufacturer based in USA. He too is in the dark as to how one sided and Swampian things have become in DC after 8 years of Obama preceded by 20 years of Bush/Clinton Uniparty rule. Drain the Swamp!

• I got a drawer full of knives and box cutters and none of them are as sharp as Mulvaney.

• Brilliant move by President Trump, Long Long overdue !! Thank you Mr President ?????

• NvMtnOldMan says:

Oscar—-Mick is so smart and quick and the press is left in the dust. He made so many good points in a few minutes. Warren and the dems were figuring that with the voter fraud and the media that hildebeast would get in and then 8 yrs later it would be the fake indian and they would have total control of the banks and the slush fund pipeline of all time—the fed reserve. Trump and co are cutting the dems, msm off at the knees from so many different directions.

• Oscar Oddpicker says:

Nv, can we clone Mulvaney?
        I’m certain Mulvaney is effective because the Leftist commentary and MSM I read on line rarely mentions him. It’s as if Mulvaney doesn’t exist. FWIW, the leftists online were recently attacking Wilbur Ross because he wasn’t wealthy enough. The leftists never stop. I normally ask a leftist if Reagan was a good President? They always answer, No. My takeaway from this exercise is nothing PDJT or his Administration accomplishes for our great country will ever please a leftist.
        BTW, my favorite line from today’s Mulvaney video/Q&A is his observation that “DC is the only place on Earth where you get sued just for showing up for work in the morning.”

• tdaly14 says:

Mick was against all the Wall Street bailouts too, even though he wasn’t in congress yet

49. Red Frog says:

The CFPB is funded by the Federal Reserve. This is leveraging The Fed, bigly.

50. Trump also provided cover for Mulvaney today by zinging Fauxcahontas during the ceremony today honoring the WWII Navajo Code Talkers. By putting her name and face in public this way on this particular day is no coincidence. Now people will associate Princess Crazy Talk with TWO important frauds: her false claims to Indian ancestry and her creation of a powerful, unconstitutional and unaccountable new bureaucracy.
    Typical Trump. There is method behind the madness.

51. Stringy theory says:

Thank God for President Trump!

• jogreggre says:

Had Hillary Clinton won, Ms. English would indeed have become the Director of this agency and the politicization (passing money illicitly obtained from the private sector to radical progressive groups), the irresponsible spending of our tax dollars (a wildly extravagant 200 million tax dollars spent to lavishly refurbish the agency’s offices within the Federal Reserve), the revolving door from the agency to the private sector in a sure conflict of interest, (greatly enriching former employees) in addition to the strangulation of our economy, would have continued. Indeed, thank God for President Trump!

• WSB says:

The CFPB makes ACORN look like a bunch of pikers.

• elize says:

As an accountant that has had to deal with gov agencies and worked in many different types of businesses, esp auditing and cleaning up financial messes I am repulsed by the CFPB. It is clearly a means to control and screw those not “falling in line”
        Reading this news and esp after watching the video, I envisioned the Lord shining another ray of sunlight into DC.

52. MK Wood says:

Too bad Mulvaney is not a layer/prosecutor, he could go fix DoJ also.

• treehouseron says:

He’s a Carolina Boy, and apparently can do whatever they need him to do. President has a problem, Mulvaney volunteers to take care of it… the guy’s not afraid to work.

• Katherine McCoun says:

He is our current SC Marion Francis and his swamp is DC. They can’t outfox the Swamp Fox!?

• phoenixRising says:

Howdy Katherine – Carolina Girl here…
          “Swamp Fox! Swamp Fox!
          Tail on his hat,
          Nobody knows where The Swamp Fox’s at.”

• Katherine McCoun says:

Now, I will have that tune in my head for the rest of the night! ? TN born, TN & KY raised, but lived many years in NC before coming back to TN. Have now fallen in love with SC and it’s wonderful place in Rev War history. Swamp Fox is one of my favorite Rev War heroes. We have the entire series on DVD and despite is being Disney and for children, I Love it…maybe even more than my son!
            We constantly see parallels between this campaign, election and administration and the time of the American Rev, including the war. That was why my screen name is a combo of my two Revolutionary War and pioneer ancestors.
            Mulvaney if Phenomenal with the press as well as with Congress, always ready, accurate, no nonsense, quick to the punch and then moves on…much like The Swamp a Fox!

• Wend says:

We may be joining you in the future.
              Where are you?

• sturmudgeon says:

Gee, Katherine… that didn’t come out too well… don’t you love your son more?

• Katherine McCoun says:

WOW! Of course, that was 100% wrong in the way I stated how much I like that particular dvd/disney series! It was late and I was wrong. I assume you are teasing and hopefully you realize what I actually meant to say. But just in case, let me correct the record…
                I Love the dvd series more than my son enjoys the dvd series, despite the story being written and produced by Disney (back when they still told patriotic, historical stories) for children.

• Proud Georgetown SC boy here, ya’ll. Smack dab on the beach!

• pjb535i says:

That would b Francis Marion, but we catch your drift for sure. Great analogy — one of the founding father’s of guerrilla warfare and credited in the lineage of the U.S. Army Rangers and other military Special Forces. Fearless, brilliant, thinks outside the box. Kinda like our great POTUS.

• milktrader says:

A Fort Mill South Carolina boy.
        Make us proud Mick!

• mopar2016 says:

Yeah Mulvaney made it clear when he said:
        “Anything that goes out of here, I want to know about”.
        I think that he was talking to the people that work there.
        What a pro.

• pjb535i says:

Dr. Ben Carson found $500 Billion in fraud after his recent audit at HUD. Just imagine what Mick Mulvaney is going to find when he has his auditors scour the books at the “Bureau”. This could expose the mother load of Democrat corruption.
          Just as with Willie Sutton, Democrats go to where the money is. The Democrats are nothing if not a criminal organization masquerading as a political party. That’s exactly what they are. And that’s exactly what they have been since Aaron Burr murdered Alexander Hamilton.

• WSB says:

Maybe Mulvaney should treat this place as Bin Salman treated the Ritz in Riyadh.
          Let everybody IN, and then lock the doors.

• tdaly14 says:

He’s always been our worker bee! Including when he was our State Senator.

• rumpole2 says:

I was thinking the same…. fix DOJ…. wouldnt that be nice… and LONG overdue!!
      As a BOSS he could HIRE expertise in law etc.
      Even now Sessions has repeatedly deferred to “career attorneys in the department” before he can make a decision… so his personal legal expertise is moot anyway.

• G. Combs says:

Is it really necessary to get AG Sessions bashing into every single thread?
      Ag Sessions PLUGGED THE LEAKS so you have ZERO idea of what Sessions is doing behind the scenes.
      So what do we know AG Sessions doing?
      Here is one example:
      “A federal complaint was unsealed today charging Candace Marie Claiborne, 60, of Washington, D.C., and an employee of the U.S. Department of State, with obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements to the FBI, both felony offenses, for allegedly concealing numerous contacts that she had over a period of years with foreign intelligence agents….
      Candace Marie Claiborne is a U.S. State Department employee who possesses a Top Secret security clearance and allegedly failed to report her contacts with Chinese foreign intelligence agents who provided her with thousands of dollars of gifts and benefits,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General McCord. “Claiborne used her position and her access to sensitive diplomatic data for personal profit. Pursuing those who imperil our national security for personal gain will remain a key priority of the National Security Division.”…
      (Can you say TREASON…) — https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/state-department-employee-arrested-and-charged-concealing-extensive-contacts-foreign-agents
      AG Sessions nimbly side stepped Congress appointing a a Special Counsel that would allow the Swamp Critters in Congress access to any investigation into Uranium one. SEE 28 CFR § 600.9
      There have been many FBI raids taking place. These raids so far have netted 4,474 arrests that includes those trafficking children and young adults into sex trade/slavery. Out of these nearly 2,000 were in California alone. This includes the biggest Pedophile Ring affecting 68,000 children — Operation Broken Heart.
      214 U.S.-based MS-13 gang members were arrested. Sixty-four poor “Unaccompanied Alien Children” (DACA) many turn out to be vicious killers.
      Nov 26, 2017 — For those of us keeping track, there are now 4,289 sealed federal indictments filed nationwide in less than a month. The national average per year is 250. tweet

• Maquis says:

What are we going to call the day this massive ever-growing mountain of indictments are unsealed? I suppose the day itself will suggest its own moniker in the serendipitous fashion these things always do. It will be EPIC. Can hardly wait, except for all the delicious squirming the guilty are doing, in constant fear that their number is up.

• ck says:

He lives to bash Sessions. Trump would be in the middle of his impeachment trial, headed by McPain and McConnell had Sessions followed the Sessions haters advice.

• KickingEagles says:

G. Thanks for the update. I have been searching for information of the positive progress being made at DOJ. Your stats give a totally new meaning to Mr. Perots’ famous campaign slogan. “That Giant Sucking Sound” It now means that the swamp is draining rather briskly and for we deplorables it is the sound of our new found liberty. As with much of our American history; people wil look back on this period and plainly see the hand of providence.

• Vince says:

Also in Sessions defense, think carefully about what he has been tasked to do and what he is doing. He has said he is putting more focus on MS-13 and criminal drug gangs, Opioids and prescription fraud, child trafficking and child porn. He also shut down the democrat slush fund in the DOJ. If you have watched any of George Webb’s videos over the last year, he talks a lot about all of those things (except the slush fund) being off the books sources of funding for the deep state. Sessions is going after the deep state, not from the front, but one paper cut at a time. By the time President Trump is ready to release the storm, he wants the deep state to be defunded and unable to fight back.

• G. Combs says:

That is what I was thinking.
          What are the big money makers?
          Sex Slaves and Drugs!!!
          That is what AG Sessions is going after.
          Add in the take down of the Saudi Princes and the bombing of the heroin plants in Afghanistan and you really mess-up the money machines.

• Risin'Tide says:

I found this interesting in that it came from WaPo and is fairly critical of Sessions for actually working on the situation at DOJ. What’s above and what’s posted below reveals quite a lot has been done without a log of fanfare – just not the truly Big Ugly you want to see quickly: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/jeff_sessions_dramatically_res.html

• sturmudgeon says:

You are correct, IMO. Nobody knows just how much Sessions is accomplishing, nor how many different ‘attacks’ he is making… one should not broadcast that one is going to ‘sneak up on you’… not everything that the Clintons and Obams did can be undone in a few months.

• brh82 says:

G, Combs, the link to that Tweet is broken. Could you please post it again? Also, where do you find the stats on Federal indictments? Any idea where or who or how?

• listingstarboard says:

Uh he is a lawyer

• tdaly14 says:

Mick is a Lawyer, Anti Trust is his game.

53. Katherine McCoun says:

He is so fantastic! I find listening him delightful and enjoying watching him in action.

• Maquis says:

Me too. Calm brilliant unflappable competency and honesty. I thank God PDJT has found such rare worthies willing and able to do the impossible.
      MAGAAAA!!!!
      ??

• piper567 says:

All throughout The Campaign, Trump told us he had killers lined up, just waiting to MAGA.
        Every time details emerge re what theses men know, I understand a bit more what Trump was saying.
        Americans have become numb with the mediocrity in Government.
        Gosh, its nice to see complex issues spoken of in English rather than obfuscation!
        Another Wolverine.
        More winning.

• Risin'Tide says:

He’s like caffeine – woke me up! Excellent job answering questions and controlling the press conference. He’d also make a great press sec if necessary…

54. G. Combs says:

Tim Kelly was appointed by President Trump.
    September 5, 2017 ” The Senate on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a new judge for the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the sixth of President Donald Trump’s nominees lawmakers have sent to the bench.
    The Senate approved Timothy Kelly, who was the chief counsel for national security and senior crime counsel for Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, by a 94-2 vote on Tuesday afternoon. Kelly previously worked as an assistant U.S. attorney in Washington, and also spent time at the Justice Department as a trial attorney in the department’s criminal division.[…]”

55. treehouseron says:

this is incredible. Basically… the administration doesn’t like how this bureaucracy has no accountability… so President Trump puts somebody in charge who many in congress can’t stand… to illustrate how ludicrous it is that the director has that much power.
    MAJOR power move here.
    Also watch how he completely destroys the reporter at 13:30. “I’m sorry… is there a question there?”
    Whew. This is our previous rep from our district that I work in, what a great guy.
    on another point… look @ the love and admiration his wife shows him…. this is awesome.

56. litenmaus says:

Mulverine, Wilburine, T-Rex, Mnuchin – The cabinet that President Trump has assembled is absolutely ‘killer’ . #Winning

57. A2 says:

Corruption in all caps. (And I thought Ozerocare was the apex). Go ‘Fighting Irish’ Mulvaney!

58. iswhatitis says:

Stupendous presser!
    If he walks what he talks – he’s got MAGA in his very DNA. And I feel no doubts that he will walk the talk.
    It feels literally amazing, actually, how things are going of late. Our Country *is* clawing its way back from the Obama Abyss (aka the Bozo Hole).

• cjzak says:

It’s frightening to realize how very close we came to walking over the cliff had Hillary been elected. Divine intervention and a bunch of hardworking, strong willed, intelligent, rational, patriotic ‘deplorables’ saved us, no question in my mind.

59. bofh says:

Talk about being in charge… Mulvaney left no room for doubt in that press event. He set the pace, refused to indulge morons, and said not one word more or less than he wanted to say. And he brought doughnuts to work. What a guy…

• Remington..... says:

The only thing that would make this deal sweeter is to purpose walk this creature out of the building if she’s a problem in the AM.

• Dixie says:

This is a powerful position the dems never thought they’d lose. That’s why they have the screaming meemies…

60. darth641 says:

Sundance,
    You gotta get the terms correct Buddy.
    The former Director appointed an “acting director,” who fills the position while the current director is unavailable. There is no current director, the minute the director resigned. President Trump appointed an “interim director” because there was no sitting director, who will serve until his nominee is “consented” to by the Senate. There is a huge difference….and that difference is why Trump should win.
    Regards,
    Mike

• Abster says:

Omg, what a move. For many it’s like the sound of fingernails down the chalkboard. Love it.

• Niagara Frontier says:

Check out the CFPB organization chart updated today. It show’s Mulvaney as “Acting”. Based on my experience in government, agencies use “Acting” in a variety of situations, including situations like this. “Interim” is something more likely found in the private sector.
      On a related note, I can’t believe the level of detail they have for their executive calendars, which include even Warren’s own personal calendar going back to 2010-2011.

• piper567 says:

darth,
      sundance has had a previous thread on this Mulvaney move.
      in that thread, he specifically addressed the use of the term “acting”, and explained its importance.
      Check out the Archives.

61. Sentinel says:

I remember CTH expressing some apprehension as to Mulvaney at the beginning, but I think he is one of my favorite Trump allies. He’s great! No BS, no fluff.

62. DonG says:

Mick for president 2024

63. WeThePeople2016 says:

He is going to be working 6 days a week on both jobs, but yet, he doesn’t complain. Congress works 2 1/2 days a week, if that, and then takes a week-long vacation.

64. kiskiminetas says:

Mick Mulvaney said “Election have consequences at every agency.” Oh yeah you heard that right swamp critters. A new sheriff has come to the swamp and one of his deputies has put you on notice that business as usual is going to end. MAGA

65. Maquis says:

Note well that his declaration that he and his subordinates expect people there to work may be more than a commentary on the Mutineer’s absence, but of future performance too. Ie, the table has already been set for her very much “for cause” departure.
    It doesn’t play to her benefit whose teepee she chose to seek refuge in today. In fact, it seems clear she had/has no idea of how to proceed. Seems she’s exemplifying The Peter Principle, if Peter was Herod’s man, that is.

• bendix says:

I’m just now thinking how she could have just met with the new man, told him how much she was looking forward to working with him, and pledged her support.
      That’s what I would have done in her shoes.
      Think of all the time she’s wasting, where she could have been getting things done to advance the bureau’s mission.
      She must not believe in it very much.

• Maquis says:

The mission as she sees it is to destroy MAGA and 1776. But you are correct, even an insincere corruptocrat should have the sense to welcome her new boss. She has dug a hole for herself from the outset, which speaks to the pit she knows she will be in when her and Warren’s crimes are uncovered. Her pathetic lawsuit was a Hail Mary for the Ages. It will fail. More sealed indictments!

• Covfefe-USA says:

Indeed – if she had been smart, she would have done just that, instead she had to run to her masters for direction. She’s set herself up for being fired for insubordination, when she could have remained as a mole.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Today made it abundantly clear that Ms. English is really a puppet stand in for Pocahontas
      she went to get her next instructions today and if you follow the money mine says Elizabeth Warren is paying her legal fees.

66. treehouseron says:

for the first time I’ve noticed, we’ve got people in government who seem to actually WANT to help instead of be swamp creatures.
    President Trump – it seems like his only motivation is to make the U.S. Citizens believe he’s doing a good job… by doing what’s best for the U.S. Citizens. I don’t even believe Reagan had motives that pure. I’m named after Ronald Reagan, btw.
    Rex Tillerson – seems to be doing what he’s doing for the good of the world, lol. The ultimate boy scout.
    Zinke – Appears to be doing what he’s doing for the love of America’s outdoors.
    Mulvaney – seems really pissed about how they’ve screwed up the budget and the way washington wastes money and damn it, he’s going to do something about it, lol. It’s amazing.
    General Kelly – seems to just want to make the U.S. Government run smoothly.
    Mad Dog Mattis – Never married. Seems to only relish the United States kicking the ass of any apparent threat. For eternity. He’ll likely still be Defense Secretary 100 years from now.
    All these people seem to have our best interests at heart. That’s wild. This must be what 1776 felt like.

• Maquis says:

1776 indeed. We have not seen such an assemblage of august persons with pure honest passion and intellect since that day, excepting the Trump Administration.
      It’s wonderful.

• mopar2016 says:

Yeah I can’t believe how professional these people are.
      Mulvaney came to work with donuts this morning.
      Senator Warren is going bats, that’s sweet too.

• Not to be overlooked:
      Mnuchin strangling international sources of finance for nuclear belligerents and state sponsors of terrorism.
      Perry generating energy-export leverage needed to terminate terrorist funding and introduce energy-trade-defense bilateral partnerships.
      Wilburine applying energy and trade leverage to Make the World fair-and-balanced again.
      Lighthizer ending the multinational bleeding of American Jobs, Industries and Wealth.
      Pruit returning the EPA to its non-destructive interstate mission.
      Gorsuch restoring the Supreme Court’s focus to originalist judicial restraint.

• Yet to deliver:
      Perdue at Agriculture.
      Acosta at Labor.
      Azar at HHS.
      Carson at HUD.
      McMahon at SBA.
      Chao at Transportation.
      DeVos at Education.
      Kelly’s successor at Homeland.

• C R Lord says:

Don’t forget the meek and mild Jeff Sessions. I have seen some information online that states that Sessions and the President are playing a little game with the liberal heads and that Mueller is in on it as well. Mueller is supposedly continuing on the “Trump trail” while secretly working on the swamp cleaning job in the interim.
      I laugh deep inside at the thought of the swamp creatures suddenly waking up to face very serious indictments against themselves that they have been desperately believing would come against our President and Vice President. My picture is Mueller and Sessions in a meeting with the swamp creatures preparing them for some lovely orange suits as their heads are bowed almost to the floor in fear of what is coming. MAGA!

67. TheTorch says:

Am I reading too much into this or…
    If President Trump was to nominate someone for confirmation that was even more horrific for the CFPB than Mulvaney, that person would never get confirmed, meaning Mulvaney would be interim director for a long time…
    LOL 🙂

68. Steele81 says:

I enjoyed that interview so much I watched it twice.

69. sDee says:

“”The CFPB was created to work as a legal money laundering operation for progressive causes by fining financial institutions for conduct the CFPB finds in violation of their rules and regulations; and then using the fines to fund progressive organizations and causes. “”
    Such valuable insight here Sundance!
    Under every rock I turn over while fighting local/municipal corruption and graft, lies more than one statist/lefitist organizations. They are well funded, well staffed and are in lock step with the globalist agendas being implemented at the municipal level.
    Most battles are lost before they start because of this. THERE IS NO CONSERVATIVE EQUIVALENT. The Republican party machine does not fight – it concedes and refuses to dig to the root causes like this one.
    Please President Trump – Slash agencies and budgets – then slash again.

• thesavvyinvester says:

SDee & Sundance,
      It hit me after watching this video the CPFB might be the vehicle to oversee the new parallel non-Dodd-Frank banking system, the structure is in place, Congress can’t touch it, and Mulvaney is the guy to make it happen!!!
      LOL! Dodd, Frank, Smuckey Chumer, Warren, are all gonna bhit a srick! MAGA!!!

• G. Combs says:

THERE IS NO CONSERVATIVE EQUIVALENT because they are the CONTROLLED OPPOSITION!

“The chief problem of American political life for a long time has been how to make the two congressional parties more national and international. The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be almost identical, so the that American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.

Quote from Tragedy and Hope, 1966 by Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations and mentor to Bill Clinton.

70. tazz2293 says:

If a court has ruled that the CFPB construct is ‘unconstitutional’ then Shut It Down!
    One more in an ever expanding list of reasons as to why the Tree of Liberty should be Refreshed

• Maquis says:

With the Pink Slips of dissolved Agencies!
      That’s the “easy way”…

• Minnie says:

Indeed.
      Time for a serious pruning of dead wood.

• Apfelcobbler says:

Why not abolish the ridiculous thing to begin with? Wherever there is any problem, the go-to Democrat solution is to not only increase the power of the government, but to increase the size of the government as well. CFPB is a perfect example. It’s about time Americans be allowed to be responsible adult consumers again.
      Shut it down.

71. Bob Thoms says:

Miliband is in sharp cookie.

72. Whoa: Suddenly on Mulverine’s Day 1, the maggots are admitting new wrongdoing that the CFPB had no-doubt agreed to ignore in return for extorted donations-to-democrats:
    WSJ:
    Wells Fargo Bankers Overcharged Hundreds of Clients
    The whispers among employees had been around for years. They finally heard some facts during a conference call in June led by managers in Wells Fargo & Co.’s foreign-exchange operation: Some of its business customers had been cheated, according to two employees who were on the call.

73. Marygrace Powers says:

Mulvaney translation = the party is OVER.

74. The Boss says:

I can’t help but conclude that Mulvaney is absolutely loving his new role. What a presser! Talk about triggering splodey heads throughout The Swamp! I hope he does another one tomorrow and the next day too.

• Maquis says:

Me too!
      By close of business tomorrow he will understand his position, and our predictament. This is serious executive level competence.
      I am not worthy! (Repeat three times.)

75. Apfelcobbler says:

What’s not to love about this guy – the first 30 secondspacked a whallop!

76. LKA in LA says:

After watching the video, I hope Director Mulvaney runs for President in 7 years.

77. blakeney says:

Just wait until Chief Stolen Feathers mounts counter attack with Chief Crooked Feathers Hillary and Chief Crazy Bat Maxine.

78. rumpole2 says:

Leandra English Sweepstake.
    How long until she is fired?
    I say she is gone by noon tomorrow… just a guess 🙂

• Niagara Frontier says:

Possible charges are AWOL and maybe insubordination. Those aren’t firing offenses, especially if it’s a first offense. My guess is that if she wants to stay, she will be reassigned to another position within government. That’s how they roll.

• jahealy says:

It’s called “passing the trash” in the real world (private sector).

• Covfefe-USA says:

Unless she’s an ‘at will’ employee – if so, can be terminated without cause.

• soozword says:

If she doesn’t show up tomorrow, would that be considered a second AWOL offense?

• Niagara Frontier says:

If she does not request and is approved leave (e.g. sick, annual) then yes. I doubt she has any intention of accumulating AWOL charges. She will show up for work or request some vacation time.
          There’s no urgent need to fire her. I brought this up at the beginning of the President’s term when talking about some of the other agencies.
          The government has much more leverage over CURRENT employees than it does over former employees. Having her on the payroll requires her to cooperate with government investigators. She can be forced to answer questions about the operations. If she refuses to cooperate or lies, then she can be criminally charged with hindering an investigation.
          Leverage.

• C R Lord says:

Third assistant to the janitor would be a good job for her. She could hold the buckets and brooms.

• nimrodman says:

“… aren’t firing offenses …”
        Not sure how discipline works at her pay grade, but a rank-and-file employee must be put on an “improvement plan” and given the opportunity to improve during a probationary period. Repeated failures or offenses can culminate in termination, but this entire chain of disciplinary procedures needs to be conducted and document for the termination to be bullet-proof.

• WSB says:

I hope at a field office on Fargo.

• Maquis says:

I say she does a “you can’t fire me I quit!” Before the end of the week.

79. TwoLaine says:

Wells Fargo did to their customers what ObamaCare did to taxpayers.

80. Niagara Frontier says:

It’s frustrating that these employees come under the Federal Reserve. I often use FedsDataCenter.com to research the salaries of federal employees. But employees in this bureau show up under Agency=Federal Reserve System, and are thus not included in the federal employee data base. More secrecy.
    For an agency that is supposed to be about transparency, they certainly don’t practice what they preach.

81. Q&A says:

Interesting wiki tidbit about the toxic oleander, Ms. Leandra English:
    “Before joining the CFPB, she served as a senior advisor to the U.S. Office of Management and Budget under President Barack Obama.” OMB, Mulvaney’s other job…

82. zephyrbreeze says:

We cab’t go back to the Democrats, ever. rump is our Batman, and this guy Mick, makes a pretty good Robin. This is hitting the Dems where they live. Bigly.

83. parteagirl says:

Now, now, not all takeovers have to be hostile. Here, have some donuts.

84. Sunshine says:

Mr. Mulvaney is turning out to be quite the MAN !!

85. woodstuff says:

Can or will there be an audit of the CFPB? I wonder also if there will be an audit of the Fed.

86. Ziiggii says:

Haha… crosspost?
    RUMBLINGS: Elizabeth Warren Faces ‘Political Destruction’ Amid Rumors CFPB Engaged In Multi-Billion Dollar ‘Scheme’http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/rumblings-elizabeth-warren-faces-political-destruction-amid-rumors-cfpb-engaged-multi-billion-dollar-scheme/

87. Maquis says:

ARGH! Stupid phone!
    …He WILL find malfeasance. He will find that the “overseer” of CFPB, the Fed, was involved. Those facts, and questions, would beg for a Fed auditing.
    More Winning, Please!

• Maquis says:

DOUBLE ARGH! The above was an attempt to complete my 10:07 post that my phone mangled.
      (The sleep-deprived is strong with this one.?)

88. kate says:

Lordy, lordy, the draining out the swamp started slowly, the momentum is building faster and faster, it will take a bit longer but it is getting done. Thank you President Trump and our wonderful cabinet of like minded people, most of all thank you God.

89. hugofitch1 says:

It would have been brilliant if, after referring to his own small business ownership, Mulvaney had thrown in, “I built it”.

90. Garavaglia says:

Think of the evidence they likely have access to. Looks like an institution used for pushing undocumented money to me.

91. freq says:

30+ years of filling that D.C. swamp… going to take some time to drain it…

92. William Martin says:

Imagine all the dirty tricks against tea
    partiers and the progressive’s political
    enemies that will be revealed.
    Also the corrupt fines used to finance their
    Subversive groups.
    The media still refer to president Trump as a boob but he is showing that he has mastered statecraft. They may have destroyed records but they can’t fool honest men like
    Mr. Mulvaney.

93. treehouseron says:

The reason we’re all filling so comfy is because we now realize Mulvaney is very competent… and we already know the entire Democrat bench is highly incompetent. No way in hell they’re going to stop this guy from doing what needs to be done.

• Mr. Morris says:

Mr. Mulvaney is quick witted and competent. He and his staff will slog through the muck of the CFPB agency and find and expose lots of funny business. It will take time.
      It appears the Democrats were very sneaky, greedy and crooked when they set up Dodd-Frank and the CFPB agency. Pocahontas Warren, Barack Obama, Treasury Secretary Geitner, Janet Yellen at the Federal Reserve, Democratic Congressional Representatives and Senators , staffers and lawyers galore were most likely involved in this scheme. It will be interesting to learn how money was directed towards the schemers. Also how much money CFPB fines generated and how monies were dispersed to favored Democratic Groups.
      The swamp is deep, ugly and toxic.

94. Gadsden says:

Mulvaney is impressive as hell, he’s got higher office written all over him. I love his honest no nonsense style.

95. Ghostrider says:

I personally want to see this Bureau dissolved. The paragraph in the post I liked the most:
    “Most likely President Trump will not appoint a replacement until Mulvaney has exposed the corruption within the bureau. That sunlight is toxic to Elizabeth Warren and can potentially be politically destructive to the Democrats. If the secrets within the bureau are revealed, there’s a much greater likelihood the bureau will be dissolved.”
    Mulvaney said there is a $53 million account on the CFPB’s general ledger that makes periodic disbursements. He placed a freeze on the account pending his personal review. How much do you want to bet it’s a slush fund used to pay groups like OFA, AntiFa, BLM, Occupy WS, etc.? The account can also donate to DNC campaigns we are learning? How? With money they get from where?

96. Challenge: Name a more decisive member of the Cabinet than Mulvaney.

97. ck says:

I wouldn’t want to be the guy assigned by the DNC to wipe those servers.

98. C R Lord says:

My recommendation for the day is as follows: Round up the whole game of traitors for a special meeting and make orange jump suits mandatory dress for the occasion.

99. Uncle Max says:

I’ve got a good idea! So separation of powers and all… it has become custom for the Legislative and Executive branches to cede the Judiciary with judgement of whether stuff is Constitutional or not. But the two other branches, could make their own determination, could they not?
    So couldn’t, the Trump administration say, after review of recent court ruling that the bureau is unconstitutional as passed, could not the Trump WH council and DOJ vouch that the bureau is deemed unconstitutional by them, and they would force it’s closing. Would that not FORCE the Congress to come up with something new, which the administration could then use ( threat of veto ) for barter for other issues they want? IDK, trying to think creatively… I wouldn’t mind getting as much info out in the open, to the public as possible and SHOW everyone just how extra-Constitutional the bureau is and has been and lay the books out for complete review.

• Jimmy Tets (Questioning) says:

I suspect that the Senate will be on the horns of a real dilemma here. They can’t slow walk the President’s choice without leaving the potentially more dangerous (to them) Mulvaney in place. The irony….

100. Niagara Frontier says:

A wealth of detailed operating information from their 2017 Annual Financial Report including the results of their annual GAO audit. Mulvaney is going to have his hands full. My guess his that he will request that some “friendly forces” be detailed in from other agencies to assist him.

101. Monadnock says:

“Elections have consequences…”
    LOVE IT – this is one of Trump’s guys – what an excellent selection – time to call PDJT “Chief Two Stones”

102. wheatietoo says:

A ‘Shakedown Bureau’.
    It sounds like that’s what this CFPB was created to be.
    No oversight.
    All powerful.
    Able to brutally stomp on small Banks and lenders…at will…with no justification.
    Did the CFPB levy fines?
    Did they extract money from their victims?
    Sounds like they probably did.
    This thing is a diabolical creation from the minds of the Marxist Democrats who seek to rule like brutal dictators.
    It’s no wonder ‘why’ they tried to pick the successor to Cordray:
    They didn’t want anyone other than one of their own, to have control over their files and internal details…or have the kind of Power that they have engineered for this ‘bureau’ to have.
    This is stunning.
    And their Victims have no way to protest or escape the iron-fisted brutality that this Bureau dishes out.
    That is just…evil.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I watched Lou Dobbs show and he was talking about this. I love Lou. He’s my guy. I never miss his show. But he and Ed Rollins and Michael Goodwin were all sure that PDJT needed to jump on this and fire this English woman right away and not let this mess develop.
      I can sympathize mightily for a desire for immediate action. It makes me angry that the Swamp thinks they can do this and get away with it. But I have learned that PDJT may SEEM like a bull in a china shop acting impulsively, he is one of the most deliberate and strategic people I have seen.
      I don’t know what his plan is, I don’t know why he didn’t fire this uppity broad to make an example of her. But I am betting he has his reasons and it will all become clear.
      If nothing else, attention has sure been focused on this very worker friendly sounding agency whose name just oozes earnest good will for all of us. Now we know it is a horrible Marxist money laundering enterprise, and I think we will be enthused and entertained with what PDJT does with it/to it.

• wheatietoo says:

As long as this English creature is employed there…they can ‘require’ her to provide them with information and ‘require’ her to assist in Mick’s investigations.
        If she refuses, then that is “grounds for termination”.
        They probably don’t have sufficient grounds yet to terminate her.
        Once she is fired then she no longer has to cooperate…unless she is subpoenaed.
        And then she could refuse to talk as well.
        So I would imagine that Mulvaney & Co will be getting what they can from English, before they terminate her.

• dayallaxeded says:

I get this strategy and used to think it was the best way to go, as well. However, the swamp scum have demonstrated that they will never honestly cooperate, have no sense of duty or responsibility to the law, the Constitution, or the people and are best dealt with by the harshest means possible.
          Englishit should, in my view, be fired immediately for insubordination and undertaking actions contrary to law. She then would not be an employee of the CFpb and therefore, should have no standing to demand installation as acting director, resulting in dismissal of her stupid, contemptuous suit.

• Vince says:

Part of this is improvisation caused by the resignation of the former director. But President Trump was very smart to see the need to get one of his trusted people into the agency rather than a normal promotion from within. Now the he has control of the agency, Mulvaney can be the “bad cop” and bring about rapid change before a “good cop” (but still one of Trump’s trusted people) is put in.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yes wheetie, you are correct.
      AND, what did they do with the “settlement money?” Did it go to lefty orgs?

103. Marygrace Powers says:

RUMBLINGS: Elizabeth Warren Faces ‘Political Destruction’ Amid Rumors CFPB Engaged In Multi-Billion Dollar ‘Scheme’
    November 27, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 75 Comments
    “Is the real reason behind Senator Elizabeth Warren’s outrage over Mick Mulvaney’s appointment as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) about her own political survival?”
    “Conservative Treehouse’s Sundance believes Mulvaney is in a rare position to drain one of Washington’s deepest swamps — and the 2020 hopeful may be collateral damage.”
    Sundance knocks it outta the park!

104. ZurichMike says:

Mulvaney speaks with a clarity of expression and unapologetic delivery the likes of which I have seldom heard — I could listen to him all day digress about any topic — his economy of speech and ability to project a message are amazing.

• nimrodman says:

Agree, ZurichMike
      “The Great Communicator” in a different way than PresTrump.
      Direct, high-speed connection between mind and mouth.
      Swerves right around minefield questions from the press and offers an answer from his perspective while not giving the impression he’s dodging because his answer is truthful to his beliefs or experience or simply to how he reframes the question to his advantage, perhaps wanting to discard the questioner’s premise yet without making a big deal out of doing so.

• ZurichMike says:

You said that so much more elegantly than I did. Thanks, nimrodman!

• nimrodman says:

Nah, ZurichMike, you covered it all more concisely with “unapologetic” and your last line. I just continued riffing off your start.
          I think you, me, and a lot of other folks are overjoyed to see this guy on the scene. Better times ahead.

• Sylvia Avery says:

It’s a gift. He is amazing.

• bookaholic930 says:

I agree! Slam dunk by Mulvaney, without question! He rocks!

• Hutzpa says:

The more I hear Mulvaney speak, the more impressive he gets. I could even see him as Veep in place of Pence in 2020. He is real, sincere, brilliant and courageous!! Groom this man for POTUS!

• Elaine France says:

certainly Muvaney is incredible with his bit size concise sentences, however,
        Mike Pence is an awesome VP and measured speaker. Love them both.

105. Big Jake says:

Mulvaney = Rockstar

106. guru1966 says:

Mick Mulvaney in 2024!

107. cyn3wulf says:

Outfreakingstanding press conference! More please!

108. nimrodman says:

So let me get this straight:
    This is the 2nd Dem / liberal-causes slush fund put up on the block to be dismantled?
    Sessions closed one slush fund down at Dept of Justice, right? Same modus operandi – fine big business corporations and pay out to liberal groups?
    And now this one makes 2?
    Then there’s State Dept that runs a similar racket giving our money away internationally. Maybe they’ve found ways to disburse domestically as well. I guess when $6 billion dollars go missing without a fuss then anything’s possible.
    Are there any more slush funds?
    Sounds like an OFA / Antifa full-employment program.

109. Realist says:

The corrupt undemocratic DemoncRAT plan is as plain as day, INSERT one of their OWN Ms English into the Acting Directorship then use the Congress and the Senate to thwart all attempts by the President to get his man in control. But as usual Trump is too smart for them. But when you see their DESPERATION to retain control you have to wonder just what it is they are trying to HIDE

110. Diane says:

If it is not in the oversight of Congress it should not be funded through Congress.

• G. Combs says:

Doesn’t matter it just becomes self-funded via fines.

• aqua says:

Fines = shakedowns.
        Ask any commercial banker involved in lending or credit precisely how many layers of oversight, checking, double-checking, triple-checking, reviews and audits banks now must employ to try to make it through the regulatory minefield.
        The number of staff allocated to “checking the checkers” has multiplied more than fourfold since Dodd Frank, hurting small business owners, consumers and our economy.

• The bureau gets its money from the Fed. Its offices are even in the same building.
      BTW, some of the other agencies doing this have been the EPA and OSHA. I assume there are many more.

• Rhoda R says:

It wasn’t, it was funded through the Fed. Which should be illegal in and of itself if it isn’t prima facia Unconstitutional.

111. shirley49 says:

Warren is knee deep in this corrupt organization and I suspect is about to lose a lot of $$$. The new Hillary.

112. Jeff says:

As exhibit A ; The Affordable Health Care Act , is emblematic of all the Obama era FEDGOV agencies and legislation . THAT being they are all 180 degree opposite of WHAT THEY ARE NAMED .
    THIS is also emblematic of CFPB …consumer financial protection bureau . translation consumer FLEECING protection bureau .

113. Cate says:

He’s a sharp guy. I’m so glad he’s got the opportunity to go through that agency’s *underware* drawer. The next few months will be illuminating. BTW…isn’t that the 50mil fund that IS NOT going to the actual consumers that were hurt by the fraud during the financial crisis?

114. bghemisfear says:

Elizabeth Warren makes me sick. She created this monstrosity and has tried to do a similar run around by creating the Fiduciary Rule via the DOL for the financial services industry. Puts the little guy out of business by allowing the class action lawyers to be involved in determining whether the advisor violated one of thousands of complicated rules imposed through this law. Fortunately PDJT allowed the raising of standards and transparency in activities and has deferred the class action part.

115. Dave says:

Former CFPB head Richard Cordray was one of the most brilliant students ever seen at my college. He studied the same books I studied, taught by the same earnest and thoughtful scholars within a major whose title said it all: justice, morality and constitutional democracy. Yet what did that learning ultimately lead to? Corruption. It saddens me, how fragile the strands of our republic can be.

116. RAC says:

Warren / English might be all kinds of things but I doubt they are stupid. Their blatant disregard for PDJT’s authority smacks ( to me ) of desperation. 10 to 1 there’s something rotten hidden away in there and they don’t want it found. One thing I haven’t seen so far is an explanation for the previous boss resigning, did he bale out with no or short notice, did that catch them unaware? Did he give a reason for his resignation ?

• Well, RAC, that’s a darned good question. I did notice that Mr. Cordray was extraordinarily good-looked and that underlings appeared to be mostly women. What if they threatened to come out with some pretty devastating “allegations,” which as we all know by now, “must be believed?”
      If that is the case, some of our posters in this thread already have a suggestion: “Look for the money!!!”

117. If you know we are a Republic, that goes by our laws as written, you have no worries with Director Mulvaney in charge. President Trump picked another winner.

118. drdoct says:

I swear NM has been such a superstar. We may have found our successor to PDJT. I admit I didn’t know or trust him much when he was named to OMB. But he has such tenacity and fight to do what is right that it’s refreshing. If only we had gotten that at Justice. Imagine someone with NM’s character at Justice.

119. RAC says:

Just watched his press conference, Mulvaney is High Voltage.

120. Watching the presser was VERY entertaining.
    This guy is GOOD !!!
    I would hire him !
    LOL .. if I had a real company 🙂

121. dayallaxeded says:

I’m never gonna forget the video of Mulvaney at a “town hall” meeting basically telling his constituents that they were all a bunch of rubes if they didn’t fully support unlimited immigration, giving up all entry-level jobs, and allowing massive depression of working class wages. He was a giant ass. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/12/16/ugh-bitter-pill-not-winning-report-amnesty-advocate-mick-mulvaney-possible-omb-selection/
    However, it’s now pretty clear he’s a good soldier and with PDJT as CinC, he’s moving in the right direction, like a good Marine should. Other than PDJT and people he’s brought in from outside goobermint, though, they’re all still swamp-scum of one sort or another and we can never take our eyes off of them. I certainly hope that Mulvaney has 1000% bought into the truth and beauty of MAGA and inculcated it into his mind, heart, and soul. But only time and actions will tell.

122. jmclever says:

Notice how the AP tweet labels Mulvaney as Trump pick and English as Interim leader. It’s very subtle, but there if you’re tuned in.

123. Ivehadit says:

My man is laying ’em bare…naked! Hollywood, Congress’ Slush Fund, the CFPB…and so much more! Just like Sundance told us he would lo those many months ago!

124. […] Interim Director Mick Mulvaney has already said the CFPB needs to be […]

Comments are closed.