Wednesday November 22nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

218 Responses to Wednesday November 22nd – Open Thread

1. aliashubbatch says:

2. Joke of the Day:

No Excuse Sunday

1. Cots will be placed in the vestibule for those who say. “Sunday is my only day for sleeping in.”
    2. Eye drops will be available for those whose eyes are tired from watching TV too late on Saturday night.
    3. We will have steel helmets for those who believe the roof will cave in if they show up for church.
    4. Blankets will be furnished for those who complain that the church is too cold. Fans will be on hand for those who say the church is too hot.
    5. We will have hearing aids for the parishioners who say, “The pastor doesn’t talk loud enough.” There will be cotton for the ears of those who say, “The pastor talks too loud.”
    6. Score cards will be available for those who wish to count the hypocrites.
    7. We guarantee that some relatives will be present for those who like to go visiting on Sunday.
    8. There will be TV dinners available for those who claim they can’t go to church and cook dinner, too.
    9. One section of the church will have some trees and grass for those who see God in nature, especially on the golf course.
    10. The sanctuary will be decorated with both Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies to create a familiar environment for those who have never seen the church without them.

3. duchess01 says:

THE LOST SECRETS OF THANKSGIVING

• piper567 says:

thanks duchess…this is really beautiful as well as informative.
      I have sent the link to a BF who is having lots of company w/kids tomorrow, so they can watch it together.
      It really did my heart good…such a dose of truth ab buried history…and the origin of the gratitude this holiday is meant to engender.

4. grandmotherpatriot says:

Good Morning everyone and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    My grateful list is too long to put into print.
    Off to the VA to give back to those that have protected our Freedom given to us by God.

• auscitizenmom says:

FOTCROTFLMAO 😀

• pacnwbel says:

Big Mama Tea, you are having a blast today with these turkey ‘toons, thanks for the chuckles.

• BigMamaTEA says:

YES pacnwbel. I have been the last couple of days. I’ve been doing politics for the last 11 years, some days (certainly back in the Obie/Beastie days) I was scrawling the web 12-13 hours a day, 6 days a week! (tons of data, literally)

This is the first time since Slick Willy was elected that I haven’t been quite as afraid for my country. I’m going to have some fun for the 2017 Holiday seasons!

5. amwick says:

No one will know!!!

6. BigMamaTEA says:

Back later. Off to bake some more stuff. My house smells like Heaven!

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

HA! Mine smells like a brothel in India! British Hubby must have curry for his Birthday!

• smiley says:

YUM..love curry…do you make it hot & spicey ?

got the recipe ?

🙂

• Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I make his fav from Patak’s Chicken Tikka Masala Sauce, with chicken breast strips, mushrooms, onions and peppers. I always add a big Tblsp. of Chinese chili and garlic sauce which makes it too hot for me! He’s only happy if he sweats when eating it, eeewww. I like it, but if it’s too hot, this red-head can’t take it. On his birthday, he gets it as hot as he likes! I just make a little something for myself and let him be happy! I love curry, but if it’s too hot, I can blister up!
          I may put a roll of T.P. in the freezer tonight just for him, lol.

• MIKE says:

Please submit all future posts in AROMASCOPE, thank you in advance, BigMamaTEA.

• smiley says:

oh my !

Thanksgiving Pie ! 🙂

I don’t each much PIE except at Thanksgiving…gots to have the Pumpkin, the Sweet ‘tater and the Custard PIES.

it’s all I can do NOT to eat those PIES before The Big Day…like right now.

I am really fighting back the urge to eat my pumpkin PIES right now.

amen ?

can I get an amen ?

Happy Thanksgiving, Big MamaTEA 🙂

7. dbethd says:

President Donald J. Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, and Barron Trump participate in the National Thanksgiving Turkey Pardoning Ceremony | November 21, 2017 (Official White House Photo by Andrea Hanks)

8. smiley says:

TOP TABLE MANNERS…intended only as a helpful reminder…

aka Dining Etiquette 🙂

and…

and while you’re at it, keep in mind…

🙂

• BigMamaTEA says:

YES, this^^^^^^^. And teach your little ones who may join you this Holiday! The older ones need a reminder too!

• KittyP says:

I found a copy of The Goops years ago when my now-grown children were small. I had it printed and framed and hung above the kitchen table. As each young person left home to start their own family, part of our tradition was to give them their own framed copy of The Goops…and all the grands can quote it by heart. “Don’t be a Goop” is a gentle reminder without embarrassing anyone.
      Happy Thanksgiving to all. God bless our beloved President and First Lady, and God bless the United States of America!

9. Dora says:

I love this movie.

TCM
    Shenandoah Wednesday, November 22 @ 06:00 PM (ET)

10. BigMamaTEA says:

{I do not put such labels on any of my home made goodies}

11. Lucille says:

Thank You, Lord, for those protecting us, especially for those in war zones.

May they know how much we appreciate what they do for us under conditions…well, that the majority of Americans will never experience…and they are so thankful for small items and cards/letters sent to them…very humbling….

—————-

“Laundry in a combat zone? Marines show you how” – Published on Feb 10, 2011

Marine Cpl. Charles Mabry, deployed with 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, from December 2009 to July 2010, shows us how laundry is handled in Afghanistan. Combat photographer, Lance Cpl. A.J. Lugo, demonstrates.

12. BigMamaTEA says:

Take some time this weekend, and view this movie. I have captured it, not sure how long it will be up.

This was done, private pay, over a period of about 3 years, then the producers have been essentially shut down for the last 2 years after.

The funder is now releasing it for free. It states it’s PG-13. It’s about the Hollywood-Pedo issue. I have a hard time even researching the pedo issue emotionally; but have captured this, but have only started actually watching the beginning. So, I don’t know other than what I’ve been told. Here’s the link https://vimeo.com/142444429
    I may have to suck it up and watch it at some point.

13. Lucille says:

OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Indictment of NYC truck jihadi treats ISIS as if it were a mafia family, charges jihadi with “racketeering”
    November 22, 2017 3:29 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER

14. nwtex says:

Mass resignations at Pennsylvania school district where teachers say they are attacked by first-grade students
    Nov 22nd 2017

Teachers say they’re being terrorized by unruly students as young as six in a Pennsylvania school district where 45 teachers have resigned since the start of the school year.

Amanda Sheaffer, a first-grade teacher who attended a Harrisburg school board meeting on Monday, said, “I have been kicked, punched, hit, scratched. I’ve had a student physically restraining me in front of my other students,” according to PennLive.com.

Sheaffer, who has worked in the district for four years, said the incidents interrupt her day, as she’s required to clear the room, call security, and write-up a report.

Teachers are now asking for support after a series of violent altercations with students led to at least 45 resignations between July and October, according to the Harrisburg Education Association.

[…]

“Teachers and students are being hit, kicked, slapped, scratched, cussed at…. and observing other students flip over tables, desks and chairs. Teachers have had to take the rest of their class into the hallway top protect them during these outbursts,” Barksdale said.

(with video)

15. Kathy says:

WISHES FOR TOMORROW …
    May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
    May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize.
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!
    ~~Anonymous

16. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, we pray for all the people who have been affected by the earthquakes and hurricanes.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

17. patrickhenrycensored says:

‘He asked for nothing’: The incredible story of how one woman, 27, has raised almost $100k for a homeless veteran who gave her his LAST $20 for gas when he found her stranded on the highway

18. nwtex says:

The HMM channel = Hallmark Movies and Mysteries
    Is running this CUTNESS straight thru ’til Thursday early afternoon.
    OMGosh! sooooo adorable. A kitten was climbing inside a pumpkin right now.

A Happy Yule Log

“Happy the Cat, Happy the Dog and adorable adoptable kittens and puppies relax in front of a beautiful roaring fireplace complimented by traditional *holiday tunes”
    (Note- *”Holiday” tunes! ugh! They won’t acknowledge the birth of Christ but use him to make year end profits etc. Ridiculous and shameful and is the reason I do not buy anything at this time of year. Nope!)
    Luke 16:13:
    “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Channel locator-