CBS has fired long-time figurehead Charlie Rose as three more victims come forward to outline his history of sexual harassment.  Additionally, PBS and Bloomberg news have also dropped Rose from their media networks.

(Via CBS)  CBS News has fired “CBS This Morning” co-host Charlie Rose over allegations of sexual misconduct, CBS News president David Rhodes announced Tuesday.

“Despite Charlie’s important journalistic contribution to our news division, there is absolutely nothing more important, in this or any organization, than ensuring a safe, professional workplace — a supportive environment where people feel they can do their best work. We need to be such a place,” Rhodes said in a statement Tuesday.

[…] On Tuesday, three new accusers came forward, this time women who work at CBS News.  Washington Post reporter Amy Brittain spent weeks reaching out to Rose’s former employees and job seekers.

“I think that you can’t understate, you know, the level of influence and power that a man like Charlie Rose has,” Brittain said.

Several women “described Rose putting his hand on their legs, sometimes their upper thigh.” One said he “groped her breasts” as she drove him in a car. Two women said he “walked naked in front of them” after taking a shower.

“Some critics might say, well why were they in position, you know, to see him naked? But the thing about Charlie Rose is that he would commonly require his employees to come over to his private homes,” Brittain said.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Sex Scandals. Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to Three More Women Step Forward To Outline Sexual Harassment By Charlie Rose – CBS Fires Figurehead…

1. RedBallExpress says:

Charlie really knew how to uncover things.

2. milktrader says:

At this rate the leftist media will not have any commentators left.

Whose next? Todd, Dickerson, Wallace, Cuomo, Lemon, Blitzer, Shepard …

3. Rush played a clip of Charlie railing against Trump over Access Hollywood. I might dig it out to pass around.

4. freddy says:

having worked in corporate and dealt every day with these accuser women I cannot just believe them..Even for guys I’d love to see go down. I’ve seen too many hit jobs and plots and grifter gals looking for settlement money…You can’t just jump up and tell me some guy touched you with no evidence or collaboration….98% of the claims where I work are bogus for settlement money…Sanctimonious women who are always the victims and you are guilty no questions asked is not a way to live….Women will be left out of the job market as liabilities…………

• milktrader says:

Rose admitted, I believe Conyers is also copping to it.

Moore denies it.

Not the same thing.

• Lack is not all says:

Certain women expect to create a world with no men. It is a concerted effort of many women towards that aim. Accoding to them not only men are sexual predators but they are the aggresive group of our socitities commiting most of the crimes and generators of wars. I, for once, dont want to live in such a world. Most probably I wont, even if they succeed with such a craziness. I am an 80 year old woman. I have eight wonderful grandsons and it worries me even the intent of such a foolishness . I cant forget the faces of crazy women who released their venom during Mr Trump inauguration ceremony, including old woman Madonna and somebody by the last name Judd. Both could be the subjects of nighmares. They looked so ugly and malevolent.

• dagnyshrug says:

Lately I’ve been thinking this issue might be the downfall of women. In fact, too many groups have overplayed their hands.

• Kaco says:

Between the transgender confusion they want to push on our youth and this man hysteria, it could be part of a globalist population control goal in keeping the sexes apart, at least in western culture.

• dagnyshrug says:

They don’t want large numbers of prosperous, independent minded people. They only want dependen people that are easy to control, which is why they’re filling Europe with migrants and the US with illegals from south of the border. These people have large families. Westerners barely have children at all anymore. It isn’t “cool” to be seen as a “breeder.”

• I can understand you seeing sexual harassment from that side and the false accusers make it extra hard for those of us who have had to tolerate and put up with advances from those higher up on the food chain. Obviously you have no idea what women have had to deal with in the workplace, I hope you can be more understanding should it happen to someone close to you. I lost 2 jobs during my working career, one because I punched a boss in the nose, (and broke it) for grabbing a handful of my butt and the other when I told a supervisor if he touched me I would beat the dog out of him. I’m a black belt in Tae Kwon Do so I am capable of doing just that. There are many of us out here who have had to endure all sorts of sexual bullying.

5. snarkybeach says:

funny… NPR radio had nothing to say about the Charlie Rose problem. tonights stories were about using police dogs to catch criminals and how they tend to bite real hard and the ATT/Time Warner merger delay…

6. rumpole2 says:

I am looking forward to the revelations about Wolf Blitzer.

My guess is it will involve chickens?

7. freddy says:

The really stupid men think they must harass women in their immediate area..Always gets you fired….Why..these guys have money and it’s so easy to have a gal come over and twirl or do the twist and then go home never to bother you again. There are millions of them.. Why expose yourself to co workers……….Complete idiots…….

8. Aguila2011 says:

Why aren’t these guys behind bars? If it was you or me, you know we would be in the slammer simply on allegation.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Because no one called 9 1 1

The underlying theme for all the bad behavior. Not a single phone video….hard to believe now days, eh?

It’s not blaming the victims to notice that nothing was done…..nothing.

9. alliwantissometruth says:

When you embrace an ideology of moral relativism, & when you believe it’s perfectly acceptable to lie to & deceive the people in order to push said ideology, you lose the trait of common decency, honor & integrity

Is it any wonder the majority of these immoral, perverted, self entitled bottom feeders are leftists?

10. Frank says:

Turn down for what, Charlie? lol I love it, all these establishment jackasses getting dragged kicking and screaming into the sunlight. BRING US MORE!

11. MTeresa says:

I don’t watch HBO. Having said that, I happen to see a clip of Bill Maher with Chelsea Handler on his show. These two missed their calling and need to join the circus. Seriously. Neither one of them can tell a decent joke. They really are not funny at all. Never have I witnessed two leftists contortion themselves into the biggest liberal pretzels ever trying to defend Al Franken. And Bill Clinton. As I was watching, I felt like a dog that heard a high pitched whistle – must have looked hysterical to watch……..cocked my head to the left with such a confused expression. Wow, they are pretty unbelievable.

12. kinthenorthwest says:

Just something about Charlie said that he liked women –I was just wondering when the hammer would drop on him.

• wheatietoo says:

Charlie was a handsome man, back in the day.

He probably had a lot of women fawning over him, vying for his attentions.
      It probably went to his head, a long time ago.

As he got older, he probably just ‘expected’ any woman to be attracted to him.
      So the creepy tactics that he got away with as a young man…became repulsive when he got older.
      Perhaps he was just too arrogant to realize it.

It would be interesting to know the real story about ‘who gave him that black eye’.

• kinthenorthwest says:

There is something I can’t pin down about him–there was something in an interview he did about a similar topic that just didn’t sound right. So seeing him on the list doesn’t shock me.

• Mia C says:

Yeah he was still good looking about 10 years ago. When you’re good looking, famous, rich and single most of your adult life you probably do expect everyone to be attracted to you.
        –I met Burt Reynolds once. He had bad plastic surgery and still didn’t seem to realize those of us who were 40 years his junior weren’t attracted to him, although we were excited to meet him. So when you’ve been a sex symbol for years you might not know when that ends.
        –So he probably really did think all those young girls wanted him.

13. Matt says:

I am no prophet. And I have not been that good at predicting things on my own. But I have come to understand that before we start rejoicing over the fall of our enemies, we should try and find out of such information is not a distraction from bigger pictures. What do we know about the Vegas shooting, or DOJ investigations, or any other thing that our Congress may be trying to pass in the middle of said such distractions? OH LOOK A SQUIRREL! Doesn’t cut it in this age of deceit.

14. Palafox says:

“Washington Post reporter Amy Brittain spent weeks reaching out to Rose’s former employees and job seekers.”

So the WAPo reporter went seeking victims? Sketchy.

• Mia C says:

Witch hunt. This witch hunt is starting to sadden me. I liked Rose. He seemed decent for a biased liberal.
      –So now every low rent journalist can go after a bigger name to get a scalp, and make a name for themself.
      –The way they say “8 come forward to accuse Rose” like it happened organically is such a crock.
      –How about “I sniffed around a famous guy, found 8 women who were upset he hadn’t helped their careers more, found a way for all of us to get some attention.”
      –I don’t like harassment but I don’t like witch hunts either.
      –I’m now asked to choose between nasty men and witch hunting hysterical mobs who are the same people who ignored real rapes by Bill Clinton in recent memory.

• Matt says:

That’s right Mia, whether or not it’s someone we like or not, since when do accusations become convictions? If you, me, or anyone else we may know personally is accused of such actions, at what point do we say, whoa, whoa, let’s get to the bottom of this and try to find out what is true and what isn’t, before jumping on the bandwagon that fits our political afiliation. Again, accusations are not convictions, at least not in the judicial system. Yet.

• Mia C says:

Well said. One thing that’s freaking me out is they’re trying to say “women must be believed.” WHAT? Like women can’t lie like hell? Or “first person victim accounts must be believed.” EXCUSE ME, CAN WE ASK ABOUT MOTIVATIONS? It’s all this work to CHANGE our JUDICIAL SYSTEM into public mob rule, and a point where the person being accused is just presumed guilty. Like you get enough people to back you up and that’s enough.
          —Well take a teacher for instance. If you went to the former students of any teacher you’d find TONS of kids willing to say horrible things about the teacher. And some liars too.
          –Any boss would have TONS of angry employees willing to say something nasty.
          –Where does this end? Anyone subject to this new mob-ocracy could be strung up next.
          –I don’t trust this shiitte. Even though I love watching someone I don’t like get caught in the crosshairs, doesn’t make the general mob rule a good thing.

• jello333 says:

I’m at the point that I think I’d like statues of limitations to apply not just to whether you can sue or not, but whether you can even publicly accuse. I mean if you wait many years or even decades, and suddenly decide you want to go after someone who allegedly did whatever way back when, then YOU can be held liable… something akin to slander/libel, even if the accusations are true. That would put a stop to most of these politically-motivated witch hunts. If some scumbag really did something bad to you, then you report it within a reasonable amount of time… otherwise you lose that right.

• All American Snowflake says:

My mother told me this story when I was little:
            I man stole a sheep and the townspeople decided to punish him by branding him on the forehead with ST which they said stood for Sheep Thief.
            Many, many years later someone asked what does S.T. stand for on that man’s brow? Everyone thought about it for a while and said, Well, we don’t know but we think it stands for Saint.
            Even if a person stole a sheep and got branded, after 40-50 years that person has turned his/her life around it’s time to redefine who that person is.

• jello333 says:

+++++++++++++++

I don’t care whether the accused/alleged “harasser” is someone I love or someone I hate, I’m starting to be REAL suspicious of all this. And I just can’t feel ANY sympathy for most of these women, partly because I don’t believe half of them. But also because even the ones who MIGHT be telling the truth, WHY did you wait many years, maybe DECADES to come forward? Huh? If it was some kind of deathly fear of physical harm, then prove it and I’ll absolutely take your side.

On the other hand, if it was like, “I knew if I said anything I’d lose my job.” NO, not buying it! If you came forward immediately, you’d have the opportunity to possibly take down the assaulter right then and there. Maybe HE would be fired… maybe HE would be sued for everything he owned… maybe HE would even go to jail. If you felt as strongly THEN about the “assault” as you NOW claim you felt, then that would have been the most important thing… much more important than risking losing your job. But instead, you were willing to continue working in that environment, with that very same person? Sorry… I just don’t get it.

I asked my wife about this, if such a thing had ever happened to her what she would have done. “I wouldn’t report it… I’d kill him, literally” Yep.

• All American Snowflake says:

We have an excellent example of this attitude in the women that William Jefferson Clinton assaulted. They came forward in a timely manner and got bitch shamed by the media and the (nominally called) wife of le President. Just saying.

• Curry Worsham says:

These liberal takedowns are being engineered to legitimize the takedown of PDJT in 2020.

• Mr. T. says:

Mia C, this morning, many news channels are reporting that 3 CBS employees came forward and stated they were sexually harassed by Charlie Rose. That now makes it 11 total so far. This isn’t a witch hunt. This is justice happening before your very eyes. Many of the guilty sexual predators have been outspoken arrogant jackasses when they sit up high on their chairs at congressional hearings, or journalists, executives and many others in a position of power, all the while never paying attention to the closet door that someone opened, the one containing all of the skeletons they’ve been hiding.

This needed to happen long ago, but at least it’s finally happening now. Makes me sick at just how far the left has gone to protect Bill Clinton, someone who should have been forced from office long ago. The left claims they are for women’s rights. Well, now they have no choice but to go after the offenders on the left, otherwise their party, which is already on life support, will be pronounced dead in the not too distant future. At least Fox News got in front of it beginning last year, when they fired Ailes, then O’Reilly, and finally Eric Bolling, and they did it without being forced into submission by the left. The left painted themselves into a corner in so many ways. I’m just sitting back now, while enjoying watching the rats abandoning their sinking ships when they’re not too busy throwing each other under a bus.

• Mr. T. says:

And Mia C, Charlie Rose has already admitted to much of what he’s been accused of.

• Lulu says:

Exactly. He’s a disgusting pig. Can you imagine going to a work meeting or job interview and some geriatric loser shows you his sagging private parts. Not enough brain bleach in the world.

• All American Snowflake says:

It would be fun to see a good comedian in this role as potential victim. She could nickname him Peanut. Make poetry and sing out to all the office staff, “Come see if Mr. Rose he hasn’t got on any clothes.” The Emperor has no clothes.

It’s just a thought. I don’t know if sexual predators can be embarrassed. After Mr. Huma Abedin… whatever could happen next?

• Someone wanted him out…I think it was purposeful hit. He is a dirty old man, who doesn’t realize, that he is old, but WaPo reporter was “researching” him…They had somebody else to take his job.

15. filia.aurea says:

After Rose’s interview with Tim Cook, I was convinced he was a homosexual..who knew. This barrage of allegations of misconduct seems to have reached a frenzy. Some frauds have been uncovered fairly quickly, e.g. Roy Moore’s accuser. As for the rest, I’m sure some are genuine, but there are probably others jumping on the bandwagon. I know this, it’s making life more difficult for professional females (and their male colleagues), who seek nothing more than collaborative working relationships, and ‘normal’ interaction (not harassment).

• Mia C says:

Yeah. I don’t like it. I’ve never been into mob rule. I hate powerful people abusing their positions, but hysterical mobs are just as dangerous. This is getting like the Radical Phase of the French Revolution. Just mobs looking for scalps. I don’t trust this feeding frenzy mentaliy.
      –They’re going to turn it onto regular people soon. Or you’ll see it at your job, like it’ll filter down to the rest of us.
      –I do NOT TRUST this mentality.

16. freddy says:

I love women and have hundreds of special friends so I can speak….They are not always miss congenial and if you hurt them they will come back. Their sense of being rejected or hurt is not something to play with……Then again there are so many opportunists that you better keep your eyes open. They have 3 tricks…You touched their kid inappropriately..immediate guilt…Domestic abuse.. they grab their necks or hit their face and call the cops..You go to jail no questions asked for 24 hours and get on a list…….Work place harassment…This is easy and they can hurt you bad with only accusations………It’s not easy to be a man…….

• Mia C says:

Yeah……..this lynch mob mentality is over the top. I don’t trust it. We can all laugh when they get a liberal, but they’re changing the culture to no longer believe in forcing the accuser to have evidence and a person to be presumed innocent.
      –I don’t think this is right.
      –These lynch mob hysterics are out of control.
      –Never trust a liberal lynch mob. Even if they get a few of their own, lynch mobbery will then filter down to the rest of us before you know it.
      –This feeding frenzy witch hunt mob rule is getting ugly.

17. It’s hard to live by the Good Book.

Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
    when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,
    or the Lord will see and disapprove
    and turn his wrath away from them.

Prov. 24:17-18

18. This is very interesting… especially in light of the fact that President Trump has cut off money from Saudi Arabia that has corrupted our “democracy” … Very interesting.

If you are so inclined, please join me in a prayer of Thanksgiving for our President, and for protection for him, his family; and that God will thwart all of the Devil’s machinations…

In Jesus’ name,
    AMEN

19. Annie says:

He has had a long time girl friend for many decades..Babe Paley’s daughter..Amanda Burden..wonder if they are still together..you really never see pix of them together.

20. The Boss says:

TRANSLATION: We are going to get seriously sued so I better put out this self-serving statement that one of our attorneys wrote. Hopefully no one will make the immediate connection that the CBS workplace included the Rose residence. Instead, let our useless virtue signaling be on every potential jurors minds.

21. Coast says:

I think its a joke to think that CBS didn’t know anything relative to Rose’s behavior. Stuff like this always gets out within the corporate circle. Their problem is that it became public, and thus they have to pretend to hold the moral card and fire the creep. Makes me feel sick. Meanwhile, CBS news is pulling out running each night the pre-election footage of Trump engaging locker-room talk with Billy Bush.

22. Donna in Oregon says:

Charlie Rose has always looked like he just fell off a bar stool to me.

Why in the world would anyone expect him to have high moral standards?

Yeah, I don’t get why people are surprised that filthy Globalist Corporate Hacks screw whatever they can get their hands on.

I don’t feel sorry for the women either. Doing nothing is an affirmative response. Apparently this went on for a long time. Shame on them all. Lechers.