Saturday November 11th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

223 Responses to Saturday November 11th – Open Thread

1. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

2. kinthenorthwest says:

Happy Veterans Day.
    Thank You To All American Military People, Vets & Families.
    God Bless All Our Parents, & Vets Who Answered America’s Call to Pearl Harbor.

3. Mike says:

This song combines American military footage and Metal music. I think it’s a good “salute” to the military on Veteran’s Day.

4. Sentient says:

Roy Moore may have kissed a 17 year old girl. Barack Obama Sr impregnated one.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

Does anyone believe the last minute hit jobs by the Uniparty anymore? The Moore lie is pathetic. It was allegedly 40 years ago? OMG, so lame. These old Uniparty farts McCain and McConnell should be taken out for an afternoon of electroshock therapy. This is just too weird, even for the Uniparty. Sean Hannity was against President Trump before he was for him.

Carry on, another nothing-burger from the RINO loons…..snicker.

All the Republicans calling for Roy Moore to step down after allegations he pursued 14-year-old girl: LIST
    by Melissa Quinn | Nov 9, 2017, 2:41 PM | Updated Nov 9, 2017, 6:46 PM

• amwick says:

Donna, I am totally gobsmacked… I heard that even if he wins the election the Senate has the right to refuse him… SMH….

• Donna in Oregon says:

Does anyone know what Sessions is doing? Is the guy working at all?

The lesson here is……never put a long-time Senator into a job that requires work output.. The Senate is so lazy. Slow like turtles. They hardly work at all, eh?

• In my mind, this is not a legal issue, but a Constitutional issue. We are assured of a Representative form of government and they would be abrogating the Constitutional rights of the people of Alabama. Period. I sure as hel* hope SOMEONE has the backbone to stand up and not allow this to occur. Perhaps an emergency appeal to SCOTUS? To me, this is THAT serious if they try to NOT seat or remove The Al People’s choice!

• A true Constitutional Crisis, IMO.

• BigMamaTEA says:

AMEN, NebraskaFilly!

Around here, we have a rule in our State Party Bylaws, that says the State GOP will have nothing to do with each and every Primary. After the People choose their candidate, then the State Party will get behind that candidate. (And that is for both State and Federal offices)

ps I’m in OK.

• amwick says:

My point was that this is a possibility… I think a rare possibility… I don’t have even have a clear sense of how it could happen. The only good thing is that the media must not have heard about this.. or it would be on every single news show… how even if Moore is elected the Senate can refuse him…

6. Tegan says:

Someone sent me a new blogspot that i’ve Never seen before…Operation Disclosure. Anyone know anything about it? For one thing, it’s quite confusing to read.

7. Dora says:

8. OK – just WOW! This is the first time I have spent any time on this thread….so terribly focused on politics and the future of our country…..I did NOT know what I was missing! What fantastic pics and sentiments!!!! I am going to make an assumption that “stealing” is allowed? ‘Cause I have a dear cat-friend who would love, love, love some of these pics. Now this thread is going to take an hour or two out of my researching day. Best place I have found yet to get rid of some of the anger and tension. Chuckles, laughing out-loud cute, and heartwarming too! Thanks to ALL of you!!

• Dora says:

Not stealing. It’s called sharing. 🙂

• BigMamaTEA says:

NebraskaFilly, my God-Squad gang around here has finally, uh, hmmm, broken me of saying “stealing it” and convinced me to say “borrowing.” {I still sneak in a little cursing though….but I misspell it!ha!)

You’re welcome to anything I post, and probably most feel that way, (or they wouldn’t post it to begin with!)

Caturday is my one (for sure) day off from politics, unless there is some emergency.

The Daily Open thread is also kind of my “check-in” thread, and also where a lot of us post brief summaries with a link to articles of interest regarding politics, or not politics.

I got to where I couldn’t/didn’t want to keep up with the Trump thread. After awhile, that’s where all the trolls show up first, plus some commenters continue to argue without reading anything! It becomes circular after awhile, and they don’t even realize they are repeating other’s words.

Besides that, every Daily Thread (up top) starts with the Lord’s Prayer. The first time Sd placed it up there, my response was Yippie! I want to start each day with the Lord’s Prayer before I begin my battles with congress!

9. Not sure if this should be here or on the Presidential thread?

Some good news in a rancher / BLM fight in north Texas on the Red River – settlement!!!

• BigMamaTEA says:

YEA!! NebraskaFilly, this is the place for that. That is a good win! I’m in OK, so am very aware of that. We’re kind of like Texas’ little sister around here. Even OK & Texas settled their dispute over that slow-changing boundary!

Dang BLM needs to be gone!

10. Dora says:

Farmingdale Bar Bans NFL For Veterans Day

One of the bar’s customers, who is a Vietnam veteran, asked the manager to turn off the football games out of respect for the military.

11. ThingsWeTakeForGranted says:

Army Strong!

12. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, we pray for all the people who have been affected by the earthquakes and hurricanes.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

13. patrickhenrycensored says:

God can save your soul
    Your gun can save the rest of you…………………………………..
    New York Church Invites Congregation To Bring Guns To Service

14. Donna in Oregon says:

Great things are happening in the United States.

Satan is the author of Confusion. I read the Book of Psalm when the Swamp starts going nuts.

Psalm 9:
    I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High … For Thou hast maintained my just cause; Thou dost sit on the throne judging righteously … The Lord … will execute judgment for the peoples with equity. The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble, and those who know Thy name will put their trust in Thee; for Thou, O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek Thee (vv. 1-2, 4, 7-10).

King James Version, Psalm Chpter 9

15. kinthenorthwest says:

Damn the list is sure getting longer and longer

Since Weinstein, Here’s a Growing List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct