First Lady Melania Trump left China and headed to Alaska. She visited military families and children at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson and spent time with the kids talking about their activities. The entire base was abuzz with smiling faces:

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, Melania Trump, Military, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to First Lady Melania Visits Alaska Military Families Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson…

1. USA loves Melania says:

Best First Lady ever! 🙂

2. ZurichMike says:

She even makes a pair of thick boots look graceful and feminine. Sigh.

3. wheatietoo says:

Love the outfit!
    She even makes boots and a down coat look elegant.

Children always seem to immediately warm to her.

• Beenthere says:

Young children instinctively gravitate towards sincerely happy/ good people.

• The Tundra PA says:

Remember the photo of the two Cruz daughters laying on her at one of the debates? Contrasted with the video of the older one “flicking” her dad off when he tried to hug her. Kids know when adults are being sincere with them, and when they aren’t.

• corimari2013 says:

New video and photos of Melania: what a wonderful way to begin this Saturday!
      I love watching Melania interact with children and adults alike. I always watch the faces of those around her–their joy is palpable.
      No wonder she has such an impact: the human soul is drawn to things of beauty.

4. RyderLee says:

Really nice to see Melania so relaxed and happy after
    all the formalities of the last few days , she’s a treasure !

5. Kalena says:

Once she gets home and hugs her son, she deserves a nice long nap.

6. georgiafl says:

Our first lady has a full Secret Service detail in the room.

Over her shoulder in the 1st & 2nd photos, 4th row, is the female bodyguard that Thomas Wictor says is a lethal hand-to-hand combat specialist. This female agent was seen in the Trump Hotel restaurant scanning the room in ready to fight position.

Wictor thinks she could take down an attacker in a nano-second.

7. Bitcoin & Stock Market Timing says:

Heavenly Father,

I ask in the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ that You might kindly and mercifully grant us 8 years with President Trump as our President. Our country is a stiff necked and wicked unrepentant people but Lord there are so many that love You with all their heart and endeavor to love their neighbor as themselves as seen by the First Lady. Lord please stand against our enemies within and without as Justice is truly only from Your Holy and Omnipotent Hand. We are truly sinners in the Hands of an Holy God as Jonathan Edwards once preached. Please Lord forgive us for murdering the unborn and forgive our gross and wicked sexual immorality as a people. Turn our wretched hearts once more towards You and save a nation like the USA from destroying ourselves. Like J Vernon McGee said in his day there is gross corruption in every level of our govt. we need a desire and thirst to read the Bible as individuals and as families once again to convict us of our sins and then turn us to go and make repetition with those we’ve sinned against.

In the precious and powerful Name of Christ Jesus Alone who is God incarnate, for His glory and our good as a nation,

AMEN

• wheatietoo says:

Well done, FL Melania.
      She handled herself well with those baited questions.

“Any frustrations…or anything that has been unexpected or surprising for you?”
      What a crap question.

I’ll bet she would’ve liked to say, “It has been surprising to hear all the Lies that you people tell about my husband.”

• Janie M. says:

Ahh, wheatietoo, you read my mind. I had the exact same thought. She is quicker on her feet than the reporter anticipated. Mooch would have complained. Melania was gracious.

• georgiafl says:

Of all the CNN reporters – I haven’t caught Kate Bennett putting out negatives, lies or even being catty. She’s a former fashion magazine editor, and seems to cover the First Lady primarily, and accompanied her to Asia. Maybe they knew each other prior to the election – and that’s why she got the interview.

• Blacksmith8 says:

/fake quote
        ‘And i tell you i was quite bemused that the outgoing occupants had such a sense of humor. They actually saran wrapped every toilet and almost disconnected every faucet in the house. That’s over 100 bathrooms. Very dedicated’
        /fake quote

• margarite1 says:

I thought the same when I saw that – Melania chose answers well.
        Imagine how HRC or MO would have answered….would have been so different.

• georgiafl says:

Kate Bennett at CNN, who got the exclusive interview with the First Lady is a former fashion magazine editor.

Wonder if they knew each other prior to President Trump’s election through the fashion world?

Reporter is @KateBennett_DC on Twitter – and she has the most hilarious header photo on her Twitter page! If anyone knows more about it, I’d really love to know.

8. Eliza says:

I love Melania because she is real.

9. wodiej says:

Lovely, even in Alaska. I hope she got to meet Gov. Sarah Palin.

10. YvonneMarie says:

Loving Melania…

11. Carolina Kat says:

As I watch our beautiful First Lady, my heart bursts with pride. “Whatever you do unto the least of these you do unto Me.” comes to mind. She has a servant’s heart. And while she is out there working on all of her responsibilities, I thank her for the sacrifices she is making on our behalf. She’s being kind to other people’s children while I know she misses Barron, she opens her heart to others.

A lot is made over our First Lady’s style and beauty – all true – she is magnificent. But what I love about her most is the beauty that comes from within. She is kind and gentle and gracious. Meanwhile, I’d wager the farm that this lady has a spine of steel. I believe my mother when she said “behind every great man is a strong woman”. Her point being that a woman can destroy her husband’s aspirations, or can support them. We can clearly see, Melania is an asset to her husband.

I ponder all these things when I see her. I know that God gave us President Trump in a time of great peril, but I believe that Melania is also a gift of God for our times.

12. tonyE says:

I’m so glad we step dad was never stationed in Alaska. The Puget Sound area was bad enough.

High School in Hawai’i vs Alaska? No contest.. .aloha buddies, sorry kids up there.. ask your dad to get duty at Hickam next time.

You’ll love it.

13. This headline is what qualify for “news” these days: “The 47-year-old first lady looked cozy, yet chic as she stepped off the aircraft in Anchorage in a $2,690 Ralph Lauren down coat”.

14. Patriot 1 says:

Melania really lights up when she is around children. Beautiful to see.

15. phoenixRising says:

Realize this is OT, but wanted to share: