November 10th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #295

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,397 Responses to November 10th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #295

1. I don’t know if petitions are allowed to be linked here or not – if not, please remove. If so, please sign this petition to impeach Judge Gloria Navarro (NV Bundy judge):

• joeknuckles says:

Obama appointed a lot of SJWs as judges that have no business being judges.

• Angry Dumbo says:

Earlier in this thread (this a.m.) this was posted regarding the judges in the Mueller Manfort indictments. An excellent article. I know it violates protocol at CTH, but the information bears repeating. The brazen nature of these appointments does not stand up to scrutiny.

Apologies to those who have read all pages.

Here are the three most prominent judges in the Mueller indictments, to date, you decide:

From the article,

Judge Amy Berman Jackson dismissed a lawsuit by the families of the victims of Benghazi against Hillary Clinton. . . . Judge Jackson will be presiding over the Paul Manafort case.

Presiding over Manafort’s indictment is Judge Deborah A. Robinson. Judge Robinson’s most prominent previous case was the Berger trial. Sandy Berger, Bill Clinton’s former National Security Adviser, stole classified documents about the terror failures of the Clinton administration, hid documents under a construction trailer, lied about taking them and destroyed some of them. . . . Judge Robinson had presided over the “Scooter” Libby indictment.

Take Judge Beryl Howell. Howell is an Obama appointee and a former Leahy adviser. Beryl and her husband are both Dem donors. She’s also a pal of Obama’s former DOJ boss, Lorretta Lynch. And of Andrew Weissmann. Weissmann, an Obama donor, is a key member of Mueller’s team. And Judge Howell gave Mueller his grand jury and decided that Manafort wasn’t entitled to attorney-client privilege. It was an extraordinary and troubling decision. And its legitimacy can’t help but be questioned when it comes from a partisan Dem figure.

2. TrueNorthSeeker says:

Reminder…Tucker to have “new” video info regarding Las Vegas shooting.

3. Gil says:

Actor Anthony Edwards, think Top Gun, has now revealed he was molested for years by one of the men in Open Secret.

Actor Anthony Edwards has just written an explosive essay on alleged sexual molestation by Gary Goddard, who has been under the microscope in the past involving similar allegations from an underaged boy who also accused X-Men franchise director Bryan Singer. The accuser, Mike Egan, later withdrew his lawsuit against both men that he accused of sexual abuse. One note: The Gary Goddard Agency, based out of Toronto, is completely unrelated to the Gary Goddard referenced here. The man whose name is in the Toronto moniker passed away in 2002.

4. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, we pray for all the people who have been affected by the earthquakes and hurricanes.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

5. Troublemaker10 says:

Sounds like it was a strange interview, but I didn’t hear it to judge for myself. Maybe it is a guy thing, but you could give me any name and I could tell you if I ever dated them.

If he dated teens over the age of consent he should just say so. That wasn’t a crime. By saying he doesn’t think he did very often….it now opens it up to others coming forward and saying he dated them too and he looks like a liar (although no crime). He loses credibility.

I think this will only get worse for him unless he can discredit the 14 year old.

If you are an anti establishment supporter, I will only say this is NOT the race you need to fight to the death over.

———–

In a bizarre interview with Sean Hannity, Roy Moore says he didn’t ‘generally’ remember dating teens when he was in his 30s

• WeThePeople2016 says:

He is 70 years old and 38 years ago is a long time ago. I don’t remember some things from 10 years ago let alone 38 years ago. From what I read, it sounds like he was trying to be honest. I was not a Moore fan, but this whole thing stinks. Something is not adding up here. He seems to be getting “Herman Cained.”

• OKPatriot says:

Give the women a lie detector test.

• benifranlkin says:

Check her birth certificate. I don’t believe anything this moron with nothing but bankruptcies and 3 or 4 failed marriages under her belt has to say. And I would also want to know according to everybody else how much younger or how much older can people people be before u date them…if u r 32, should they be at least 22..or over 19…or no way wait until they are 25 God forbid u date someone 10 years older. Is any man who dates multiple women over the years a sexual predator according to someone who may have married the first woman he ever dated? These are feces the Dems and GOPe are flinging at Moore to thwart the will of the people of Alabama and its reprehensible. I hope Moore hangs on and wins by double digits.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I think it is possible to be both.

Part of it could be a false story hit job (14 yr old allegation), and at the same time he isn’t being up front about dating teens when he was 32.

However, I heard someone say the 14 year old told a friend at the time it happened. That would give her more credibility than him unless she is exposed as someone who has made fake claims in the past….or proof comes to light she was paid to lie.

Sadly, I’m not sure we will ever know the truth.

However, his interview did not help him (I heard it replayed on Hannity).

He sounded sincere on the 14 yr old….but he was all over the place on dating teens.

• elleb77 says:

And oddly, the charges always disappear after the candidate resigns. Just can’t figure that out.

• Dad's son says:

I have been busy in the “real world” the last few days and have not paid attention to the Judge Moore issue, other than hearing on a radio news-break some kind of allegations that he’d dated a 14-year-old. I just now saw the Hannity interview live and I thought Moore sounded very evasive – and it was so pronounced that I can’t be the only one who draws that conclusion. After that interview, Moore may be toast. Evasion may make it worse than his original actions, whatever they were. And we can’t afford to lose that senate seat!! Dang.

• sunnydaze says:

No way I remember the names of guys I dated 40 years ago. Do you really remember the names of every person you went out with once twice or a few times, troublemaker?

Remember, we’re talking about a date or two, not a relationship.

Not only do I not remember names, I don’t even remember their faces!

And there’s probably a couple in there that I’ve forgotten about completely! I mean *completely*. And I’d be floored if they remembered much about me, other than we quit seeing each other- fast.

That part of his talk bothers me not one bit.

The problem I have with Moore is the same problem I’ve always had with him tho. Guy can’t seem to open his mouth without talking about God, transgenders, etc. Sheesh.

But if this is a hit job, and it certainly seems like it is, I want this guy to win, anyway.

The UniParty has suceeded in turning this into a war and I want to win it.

• Troublemaker10 says:

Sunnydaze, I may not be able to write a list….but if you gave me the name …

Yes, I could answer yes or no even if only one date.

• sunnydaze says:

wow. That’s amazing.

When the question was first posed above, I thought about it for the first time in my life.

I think I had previously assumed that I *would* be able to remember names. And *certainly*, faces.

So I started gong thru my memories. The first ones, were people I’d known for more than a few months. They were easy. (Thank goodness!)

But once I’d got thru them, I started thinking back on others, kind of wracking my brain you might say, like they hadn’t crossed my mind in DECADES. In fact, I’m thinking I may have forgotten their names within a year, and their faces? Dunno.

I do have hazy memories of what we did the few times we went out, tho.

• I think if I knew there were people out to get me I would be really afraid I might have forgotten someone or some acquaintance and I would look nervous. If Moore was a better liar no one would be doubting his statements (Bill Clinton anyone?)

• carole says:

I heard Hannity’s radio transcript where he gave Judge Roy Moore the third degree on how awful, terrible, no good it would be for a 32-year-old man to date an18- or 19-year-old girl. Well I HOPE NOT! Because my parents were that age when they dated. My Dad was one month shy of his 33rd birthday and Mom had just turned 19 when they married. They were well-suited and had almost celebrated their 50th anniversary when Dad passed. They were wonderful parents!

• sunnydaze says:

IKR? 32/18-19 is not outlandish.

I guess by todays standards, 18, 19, 20,etc. are still considered helpless children.

• paulraven1 says:

Hannity can be an tool. He was genuflecting to political correctness. It’s like an atmosphere-driven brain sickness. Moore should should have kicked him upside the head.

• Troublemaker10 says:

I agree, Carole. If the Wash Post wrote an article that when Moore was 32 he dated a couple 18 and 19 year olds….it wouldn’t be a scandal.

That’s why I said if he did he should have just said so upfront instead of twisting all over the place about it.

• deqwik2 says:

The one thing that Moore said that is easy to prove false is that Etowah Co was a dry county in 79. That’s false. They sold alcohol in 79.

The 18 yr old can only make him look bad by saying he bought her alcohol & he made his denial false by saying the county was dry.

• I expect he doesn’t remember. He is drowning because he’s just an honest man doing his best to remember minute detail from 40 years ago.

• deqwik2 says:

I realize that was long time ago & he should just deny buying the drinks & drop it. He should not have added that he couldn’t buy the drinks because Co was dry. He’s hurting himself by saying the wrong things. They will hang him with his own words if he’s not careful. I don’t want to see that happen.

• I agree. It’s like a morass. I believe he doesn’t remember buying drinks but feels that he could have forgotten something that is being exaggerated or twisted. He’s trying to figure it out and find something he could use to prove the falseness but he really has no recollection to help him.
                I don’t remember every detail of my life 40 years ago, whether the state was dry in 1960 or 1970, what grocery store I used etc.
                Our Globalists have really put Roy Moore in an untenable position. I thought I couldn’t hate them more but I was wrong.

• guru1966 says:

deqwik2, is it possible that the county was dry, but a city within the county (perhaps the county seat) was wet? That was a very common situation back then. And still is, in some Alabama counties…

• deqwik2 says:

I think it’s the other way around. Etowah Co was wet but certain areas of it were dry. For instance Boaz is mainly in Marshall Co but part of it is in Etowah. Boaz voted to stay dry so the area of Boaz & Mountainboro in Etowah Co couldn’t sell it. I do remember it being a hit & miss as far as wet & dry.

I remember having to brown bag alcohol back then because not all restaurants had a license to serve it. I remember going to a News Years party at a local restaurant / bar & we had to brown bag. (76 I think). It was legal to go to the State ABC store & buy it but it wasn’t legal for the restaurant to sell it. You had to buy the coke or 7up to mix it with from the restaurant.
              lol..They sure made things confusing back then.

• guru1966 says:

Definitely confusing. I think any conflicts in the “buying alcohol” part of the story would easily be explained by that very point.

• deqwik2 says:

Yes but that’s a lot of explaining. I hope he just sticks to denying it without adding that remark. Too many details makes it easier for people to spin the story. I hope he says something like I did take her out but I did not buy her alcohol & drop it there.
                  If you have to testify in court, your lawyer will tell you to keep your answers short & direct. Don’t add details. That old saying is that the devil is in the details.

• Little Berkeley Conservative says:

I’m 55 and the better half is a spry 40. She’s the mature one! We met six years ago and it was love at first sight. We’re a perfect match. It’s funny cause in high school dating anyone younger by two years would be like robbing the cradle.

• sunnydaze says:

Breitbart article on one of the accusers. Her FB showed she is feircely anti-Bannon and an adherent of the #Resist and “Not My President” crap.

• eagle1965 says:

So, I guess 30-something Prince Charles was a pedo when he married 19-year old Diana? If she was 19, almost 20, when they married, how old was she when they started dating?

• mariner says:

That bothered me when I heard the edited version.

When I heard the unabridged interview I had the strong impression that Moore used that wording because Hannity used it.

Moore should have spoken with an attorney before the interview.

6. Harry Lime says:

Tucker’s piece on new Las Vegas footage…

7. trumpfan1 says:

is this roy moore finshed? he cannot even defend himself properly. do something roy moore! else you are out.

• waltherppk says:

Very likely yes Roy Moore is done.

• Nope – he will win by double digits. Alabama people don’t like outsiders sticking their nose into their business – remember their reaction when PDJT offered his highly tepid endorsement of Strange? They ignored it.

• waltherppk says:

An old fashioned southern gentleman would be asking the father for permission if it was needed …….asking the mother is bullshit

• Was there a father even in the picture?

• waltherppk says:

40 years ago there usually would be a father in the picture, and if he was dating girls young enough to need a parents permission …..regardless, ….that is bizarre.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

You mostly need permission from mothers if the girl is underage. At least two of the accusers admitted that he first asked their mothers to date, and one refused to allow him. So he waited another 2 years before approaching her while she was employed as a Christmas helper at a store.

A Republican win in AL is now toast after the Hannity interview and a few primary endorsers now abandoning him like Mike Lee. Any write-ins by undecideds will split the vote too.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

The 14-year old lived only with her mother, which makes it even worse that she was vulnerable. She says Moore did ask her mother if he could take her out some nights and he took her to his house, not out. The fact that Moore admits on Hannity that he asked the mothers first confirms these girls’ stories.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Not true. Trump’s endorsement closed the gap but there wasn’t enough time and Bannon was pumping out disinformation daily. In addition, Democrat voters confessed they wanted Moore to win and there was evidence although size unknown, of Democrats out voting to push Moore ahead.

• waltherppk says:

What stinks on its face stinks even in Alabama, and at this point Moore stinks real bad.

• waltherppk says:

When a man has to ask permission of mothers to date their daughters because of their daughters tender age……….Damn ……not exactly a testimonial shield there

• waltherppk says:

Generally guys that have done a hitch in the military don’t return to date school girls. They date grown women.

8. IMO says:

Bill Mitchell on Twitter: “I’m hearing rumors something BIG may be going down tonight.”

9. Somebody says:

Treepers with social media snoop skills attention…..An air traffic controller in Charlotte, North Carolina was just arrested for having a WMD.

Paul Dandan is his name, sorry on phone don’t have links but it is breaking news. His roommate was arrested for having bomb making materials. You know TPTB will be working overtime to scrub his social media, grab what you can

10. Donna in Oregon says:

Happy Veteran’s day to all the Vets’s! Saw on OANN that all the Vets are boycotting the NFL this weekend for disrespecting the flag. Someone should tweet President Trump’s feed. FYI 🙂

Also, President Trump’s Saudi pals have upset Hezbollah. There are articles about the Lebanon Prime Minister “disappearing” and some chatter that SA has declared war on Lebanon and Hezbollah. CNN and the Financial Times are whining too…..calling it “Game of Thrones”.

If those rags don’t like it, it’s a very good sign. 🙂 Keep on Trumpin’ 🙂

11. jeans2nd says:

Statement by Secretary Tillerson On the Situation in Lebanon

Short statement from T-Rex, basically saying the U.S. supports a stable Lebanon and other countries (Israel, SA?) keep your troops out of Lebanon.

12. Albertus Magnus says:

Just finished watching Hannity’s interview of Judge Moore.

I agree with Geraldo and Greg Jarrett, Roy Moore was not believable. Sorry.

It IS A HIT JOB. But the Judge’s responses to Hannity seemed to indicate guilt to me.

Of course, Bannon’s Breitbart has been defending him all day.

Sorry, folks. I don’t like to see people railroaded. But these lawyer arguments from Flynn supporters about “Mueller isn’t supposed to be investigating this” like JW said on Dobbs and Judge Moore’s poor attempt to explain the accusations begs my question, Arent there people who can serve our President who have NO TIES to foreign governments or who don’t have scandals in their past this shocking? I mean, THERE HAVE TO BE.

• I listened to it and I believe the Judge. And I HAVE been sexually abused!

• tazz2293 says:

I’m liking the fist part of your post. Not the second part.

• Thankfully, it wasn’t violent or particular egregious. I dealt with it and moved on, but it certainly did have an effect on decisions (poor) I made later in life. 30 years later, I confronted him and he did apologize to me.

• benifranlkin says:

We never forget. At least you got an apology.

• tazz2293 says:

It is good you were able to eventually deal with it and move on. A traumatic event in life at an early age can have devastating effects on one’s life. What matters most is that you are now the person you are today.

Glad I got to meet you you even if it is online. You’re a good American. America is the land of second, third chances. It is our experiences and how we deal with them that makes us who we are. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a perfect life.

Those of us who have our experiences, who have the chance to mature and grow, may experience a life that turns out pretty good if we make it through the tough times.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Sorry you ever endured something like that. I hope God has helped you heal.

However, has nothing to do with Judge Moore or anyone else.

• mariner says:

No it doesn’t, but that experience informs her judgment of Judge Moore’s credibility.

I see you don’t agree and that’s OK.

I believe this is a hatchet job so for me Moore’s stumbling and his exact words mean nothing.

Interesting that no one is grilling the woman and demanding she prove her accusation. At this late date if she can’t offer any proof I won’t believe her.

If she had come forward earlier so we had time to sort this out I would be more willing to think about it. But the accuser waited a little more than a month before the election, and people who should know better are insisting that the accusation alone is reason to demand Moore’s ouster.

I’m glad you’re not in my corner.

• It has to do with recognizing the validity – or lack thereof – of what I am hearing.

• cycle1 says:

People have to remember it was 38 years ago. He completely denied anything with a 14 year old and knowing the girl or her mom.

My only question is this: did Moore teach the civics class or not? If he really did, that would be the only thing that would give me real pause.

The rest with the 17-19 years olds he might be okay not recalling. It was 38 years ago!

Here it is if you want to listen again.

He’s innocent until proven guilty. No one has proven him guilty yet

• Albertus Magnus says:

I would vote for him, even though I think he is either not being honest or is simply losing his mental capacities. Either way given the binary choice we have now, MAGA needs to defeat Jones.

• benifranlkin says:

I thought Moore did a reasonable job. Wasn’t dogmatic…said he recalled a couple of the ladies and it appears he acted like a gentleman.Denied giving an 18 year old wine.. Absolutely denied knowing the 14 year old…so where’s the beef? Frankly a West Point grad with military service under his belt would have been a very attractive man to show up back in his hometown.

• waltherppk says:

College aged men have interest in college age women and don’t see the high schools as their candy store.

• andyocoregon says:

I’ve sexually molested my wife since the 1970’s when we were both in our 20’s. She’s a whole year and a half younger than me. I’m so ashamed.

Blahahaha.

• seekingthetruth2 says:

That is so laughably wrong!

• You seem very dogmatic about this point but lots of 17-18 year olds marry men in their 20-30’s. People have pointed out some famous examples like Princess Diana earlier in the thread.
              It sounds as though Roy Moore was very proper in how he paid his attentions, asked the mother’s consent and abided by it. He doesn’t sound like a rake to me.
              Many girls and mothers would have felt him to be a catch and been glad to see their daughter so well provided for. That is the reason that older men were preferred by fathers in that generation just because they had something to offer and stability.

• waltherppk says:

Silly me to think there is any issue there at all. Everything is just fine, how could there be any problem.

• There is an issue and that issue is how easily elections can be overthrown by false accusations about sexual matters that are many years in the past & he/said she said when the woman has an agenda and a history of lying and has been sought out & paid by political opponents.

• waltherppk says:

It isn’t the 17-19 or even 16-19 that is the issue for me…it is the 14.
                My own mother was 18 and my father 28 so I have no issue with that.
                And I dated late teen (18) young women when i was in my twenties.
                But NOT 14 year olds. That one is a PROBLEM. The term I recall
                being used was “jail bait”.

• The 14 year old appears to be a set up and was vehemently denied.

• waltherppk says:

Likely that is true because of the timing of such “news”. However the vulnerability to an accusation of such nature is certainly there like an engraved invitation.

• Every man is vulnerable to this accusation, all it takes is an accuser.

• waltherppk says:

Some are more vulnerable than others….which is exactly the reason why this scenario is what it is and has stirred up a commotion.

• Your comment doesn’t really convey much. What man is ready to fend off libelous accusations form 40 years ago?

POTUS always comes out fighting and he has been very careful still he had a hairy time with the one time beauty queen turned porno queen who accused him of fat shaming as well as several others. What turned the situation for him was research on the accusers and on Trump’s whereabouts at the times they reported being accosted. That information was obtained partially because people went to bat for POTUS, partially through his records.
                  I do not believe there is anyone who could not be slandered with false accusations and then have some awkward moments.

• waltherppk says:

Moore is not Trump and the scenarios involved are different and not exactly equivalent. Sure anyone can be slandered, and how they respond has bearing. If Moore prevails and should, then good for Moore. If it goes a different way, I can understand that too.

• So can I. Its hard to fight accusations from 35 years ago and the swamp will do what they can to sink him. Makes my blood boil to watch McConnell putting himself & his cronies’ profits about the Nation wellbeing and this is just the latest example.

• waltherppk says:

Nothing about Moore’s story plays right.

• waltherppk says:

This isn’t about guilt or innocence for a jury trial……this is about politics and “optics” that can’t be recovered about an image problem that stinks.

• trumpfan1 says:

moore need a stronger defend. that defend is WEAK!

• deqwik2 says:

Greg Gutfeld said it looks like a hit job that is true. It can be both true & a hit job.

• Albertus Magnus says:

For myself, I would still vote for Judge Moore if he simply said this was 40 years ago and that he was a changed man and had become a Christian. Rather, he admits nothing but talks about how he didn’t date young women unless he had their parents’ permission? And, I came from a culture where a man MIGHT would ask a girl’s parents if he could marry her or ask her out but that isn’t the same type guy who would date someone in a high school class he just spoke to anyway (talking about the other teens here, not the 14 year old.

I also wish defenders of the Judge would just defend him instead of complaining about the double standard of the media or Dems. It does nothing to defend the Judge and just looks like they CANT defend him and are simply re-directing the conversation.

• waltherppk says:

I watched Hannity too and Moore is toast. He can’t plead God and perverts and bathroom confusion and wave his gun around enough to fix this fine mess. The stuff about asking mommy’s permission for his “dates” was the atomic sledge hammer on his political future.

• Has anyone asked the most basic and simple questions about all of this?

Did he know these girls?
      Was he alone with all of them?

It seems to me that if a person was doing this, he wouldn’t stop doing it. The urge doesn’t just stop.
      So why did 38 years ago seem like a time he would have done this but at no other point?

I don’t want to take anyones side in any of this.
      But having this girl be the first and the 3 others the last makes very little sense.

The description by the now women of the “crime”, makes little sense also.
      You’d almost have to think at some point it would have escalated. But thats not the case either.

There has also been a question about the actual age of the girls at the time. Has that been established yet?
      There is something really off in all this. Maybe it is him. Maybe it’s them. But nothing about it makes normal sense.

I’m not a super sleuth like many of you. But first it would seem like dates and times and was he even there during those times? Were they there?
      38 years is a long time to remember things. Or remember them clearly.

• waltherppk says:

Moore is a crackpot NOW and time hasn’t changed too much the crackpot he would have been THEN. No time machine or time travel is needed to figure this one out.

• deqwik2 says:

This is the best way I know to break it down for you. He disappeared right after these allegations & when he came back, he met & married his wife Kayla.

1. He moved out of Alabama in 82 / 83 right after these allegations happened.

2. He went to Texas for a while & then to Australia for a year. Would be hard to find info on these years. We don’t know who he was dating.

3. He came back to Ala in 84 & that’s when he met Kayla his wife. They married in 85. Kayla was 14 yrs younger than Roy. She was 24 & he was 38. 84 was when Roy became a born again Christian.

• waltherppk says:

If these same type allegations came up before, then that would not square with what Moore has indicated about this scandal coming out of the blue just before the next election, and it indicates an old and unresolved issue from his past that he is pretending is a more recent invention.

• deqwik2 says:

It does seem like he did like to date younger women but the 14 yr old’s account doesn’t match with any of the other women. The others say it never went beyond kissing. The 3 older women were legal to consent to sex but he didn’t try? Sounds fishy to me. Why didn’t he try with any of the other women if he tried with one?

Like you said, I think parts of this is true & he’s pretending it is invented but I’m not sure all of it’s true. I am waiting for more to come out.

• waltherppk says:

What exactly were the allegations in the 1981-82 time frame, and absent the 14 year old that is the present problem, what exactly would have been the controversy all those years ago?

• deqwik2 says:

Just that an older man liked hitting on younger women. Back then the girls at the mall thought he was creepy. That’s all I’ve seen or heard.

• waltherppk says:

Yeah that sounds about right ….cradle robber proclivity ….unusual interest in very young women as a generality is NOT NORMAL any way people try to spin it that would be a “power and control” kind of sicko personality “looking for love” in all the wrong places. That kind of stuff is like a variant pedophilia.

• deqwik2 says:

I do know you can see the power & control in his whole life’s story.
                  There was an account of a soldier in Vietnam with Moore who said Moore demanded that they salute him & he said that was one thing officers usually didn’t do because the enemy liked going after them. The officers wanted to be on the down low but not Moore. He wanted all the power to be given to him. They called him Captain America.
                  Moore said in his book that he slept with sandbags around his bunk because he thought the guys might try to roll a grenade under him. He knew they didn’t like.

• waltherppk says:

If he beat a hasty retreat when this kind of issue first came up years ago, then you can bet there was at least a perceived problem then. He didn’t take off and relocate for no reason. Sure he could be a changed man now, but that doesn’t undo the perception or the optic of hypocrisy that would attend his “biblical virtue signaling” that is being ventured in the present. That is the problem. He doesn’t have the “moral authority” to be preaching to others now, while having that kind of past “issue” to try to leave in the past as an unresolved issue.

• deqwik2 says:

I just posted reason he left town under another one of your remarks but he left due to work not the women.

There is another whole chapter on how he came about using his biblical virtue signaling.
                  When he came back to Ala he lost another election but he eventually got his friends to lobby the new governor for a seat on the bench. He was a new Christian & made a 10 Commandments plaque & hung it in the courtroom. He got sued over it This is when he became known as the 10 Commandments Judge & got lots of notoriety. He used this new found tool of being the 10 Commandments Judge to propel himself into the race for the Al Supreme Court. He made a big deal about his religion & built the big monument. This became his winning Brand & he is still getting by on it now. People have bought into it & can’t see how he’s broken laws to keep his Brand going.

• waltherppk says:

Moore seems like a televangelist politician with a side order of drama queen and stone cutter

• deqwik2 says:

LOL. I have said he is like a political televangelist but never thought of the stone cutter. That’s a good one.

You know he had that stone copyrighted & after he was removed from the bench, he hauled his rock all over the country fundraising off of it.

• waltherppk says:

More southern humor . Maybe the 14 year old was Moore’s cousin and this is Alabama “family business” and sex education better than taught in any gubermint schools. It’s a hillbilly tradition. So what’s the problem?

• deqwik2 says:

I think this is when he started preaching. (When touring with his monument).

• waltherppk says:

Bannon and Moore are kindred crackpots

• deqwik2 says:

I have to put this here because I can’t reply anymore but here’s why he got run out of town in 82. More Power & Control. (I’m sure you already know about the times he was removed from the bench)
        t was the late 1970s, in Etowah County, in the northeastern part of Alabama. Moore, a young prosecutor, took it upon himself to convene a grand jury to look into whether the sheriff’s department was underfunded, and a local judge filed a complaint with the state bar. Moore then ran and lost an election against the judge, provoking another bar complaint. Both challenges to Moore’s license to practice law were dismissed, but by 1982 he knew it was time to leave.

13. Patriot1783 says:

Charlotte NC Air Traffic Controller arrested for having weapon of mass destruction 😳

14. Congress needs to shut down the office that covers up any sexual peccadilloes of Congressman and pays settlements using tax dollars! Which is yet another reason I call this piling on Judge Moore hypocrisy of the first order!!!!

15. cycle1 says:

Did Moore teach the civics class or not? That seems like something that should be verifiable.

16. Albertus Magnus says:

I also wonder why Laura Ingraham failed to mention how she endorsed Moore after Brooks lost the first primary. Not being completely honest about it. Why?

17. Troublemaker10 says:

18. SR says:

Liberals have no agenda and can not talk about jobs and economics so every republican who is running for office will be attacked with same kind of sex allegations. Wait for 2018 and more allegations.

19. Nigella says:

Sorry but the interview with Hannity makes Moore look guilty… I’m afraid the Dem will win in Alabama…. We lose twice here… Sessions as AG and a lost Senate seat for 4 years…

• andyocoregon says:

I heard the interview and I disagree. Roy Moore has refuted all charges of sex abuse of minors that have been alleged to have taken place nearly 40 years ago. This is just another case of dirty politics by the Dems.

• carole says:

Time for the Dems to address the rape charges against Bill Clinton. And we could go way back in history to Democrat president Grover Cleveland who first met his wife when he was 28 and she had just been born! He ‘doted on her’ and when she was 21 and he was 49, he married her.

• Suncc49 says:

you ever got anything positive to add lol?

20. individualright says:

Shills gotta shill tonight!