First Lady Melania Trump Visits Beijing Zoo – Panda Meng’er Approves Bigly…

As President Trump heads off to the APEC CEO summit, First Lady Melania Trump took time to visit the Beijing Zoo and see Panda Meng’er.   Upon arrival to the Zoo a group of Chinese students were present to welcome Melania and introduce her to Mr. Panda.

At first, Meng’er decided to play coy – but once he saw the First Lady, he appeared to become quite smitten.  Apparently, Melania has that impact on boy Pandas mostly.

This entry was posted in China, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Visits Beijing Zoo – Panda Meng’er Approves Bigly…

1. Joe S says:

LOL, the Panda photobombed the First Lady!

You can tell that she genuinely loves children, BTW.

2. Nigella says:

Refreshing story. Proud of Our First Lady .

3. our ALL CLASS FIRST LADY has so much CLASS EVEN THE PANDA LOVED HER LOL.

4. Was a little worried about that panda for a second, but what fun!

5. Paco Loco says:

it sure looks like Xi and Trump have opened the door to mutually beneficial economic cooperation and set a new course for peaceful relations between the two super powers. It is truly worthy of the Nobel Prize for peace for both men.

6. keeler says:

Melania staying a bit longer in China, then headed stateside?

The charm phase is over folks. Here come the lion claws…

• WSB says:

Yes! Sundance, thank you for covering these extraordinary minutes. Mr. Panda rocks!

Did anyone else notice the central casting costumes the ‘jumping/serenading children’ had on? I wonder if we go back through pictures whether facial recognition would…

Nah.

7. Patriot1783 says:

Those kids will remember the day when the tall beautiful American First Lady visited them and gave each one an American Eagle stuffed animal as a nod to the United States iconic symbol for the rest of their lives.

8. Mike diamond says:

Love them ! Sweet children with sweet first lady ! God bless them !

9. sunnydaze says:

Glad Melania gets to see the Great Wall before she leaves, it’s a must-see if she’s never been.

And REALLY happy for the troops in AK. that she’s stopping there for a visit.

Wonder what the odds are that our MSM will show us vid of that? Probably slim to none, it’s too good, too positive.

10. wolfmoon1776 says:

11. Carrie2 says:

The pandas are cute but really mean. What is fun is to watch the 2 yr. olds playing and tumbling just like little kids. I really liked the cute birds handed out to the children. They sung wonderfully and obviously like being with her for the pictures. I hope Melania takes that panda home to Barron because I think he, too, will like it as a remembrance of Mom’s trip to China. Got an email from our Chinese friends in Beijing and they, took watched it all and are very impressed and see both China and America melding and being friends. They also said with Xi more freedom, etc., etc. and that is great.

12. Wendy says:

PTrump tweeted FLOTUS will stop by Alaska for troops. I understand it is on the way but find it quite odd given what it is going on in SA and here.

13. Red says:

I’m happy it wasn’t King Kong, he would have stolen our beautiful First Lady. The Panda probably was thinking about it.

14. Jill says:

She is so beautiful and full of grace. I love how she is representing the US. So PROUD of her and PDJT!

15. TatonkaWoman says:

Our FLOTUS is such a beautiful, graceful, sincere, intelligent, patriotic ambassador for our country. It fills me with pride and joy to see her on the world stage representing all of us.

16. Pam says:

That was beyond adorable. Yes, our FLOTUS Melania’s motherly instincts always shine through in her interactions with children. The panda was so precious. You have to admit it was a good judge of character. 😀

17. maiingankwe says:

Those children sung beautifully, and our Melania was right, very talented. I was so impressed with their behavior, especially when they handed out the stuffed eagles. There was no clamoring or pushing, they all waited patiently to receive their own.

I couldn’t help but laugh to see one of the darlings put up ears behind one of her classmates head. Later though, she was presenting it as a peace sign. So I honestly don’t know if I was seeing it wrong or not.

Now I’m off to find out what Soldiers she will be visiting in Alaska. I’m sure it will be JBER in Anchorage. Shucks, I won’t be there until the 17th. I’m actually staying on JBER too. Hopefully, she will see our moose roaming around the base. Every time I’ve been there I’ve seen them. She might even see our curious bear that’s been scaring everyone too. He likes to hang out around Burger King in the evenings. He hangs out on the one on 19th street if anyone is curious since they have two of them.
    Be well and stay smiling,
    Ma’iingankwe

18. Annie says:

that was so heart warming…what a treasure our First Lady is..I have a guy friend who says…She makes my teeth…chatter!!!! Rofl!!!!

19. The Jimmy Jack says:

It’s kind of a shame Barron wasn’t on that trip. I’m sure he would have made a much better impression than the Obama girls did when they went w Michelle and her mother. Remember how the Chinese said all 4 behaved terribly, especially Michelle and her mother?

I bet Arabella would be a big hit too.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

I’m excited to see all the Trump kids at the WH during the Christmas and Hanukkah season.

• I agree Jimmy Jack.

Families.

So important to many of us here in America, it is very refreshing to see a family in the White House that represents America in a strong, positive way.

I have really missed that these last few decades.

• Tegan says:

Well, I kind of hope the Trump families spend both Thanksgiving and. Xmas in the White House, especially since the Obamas never did. It certain,y would give wonderful, traditional memories for the children. But, they’ve usually gone to Florida for the holidays. Perhaps they will go a day or two afterwards to Mar a Largo.

20. andi lee says:

First Lady Melania Trump is a breath of fresh air.
    Truly, blossoming each day, more & more!

~God bless & protect her!

21. amwick says:

Ok, color me cynical… every child in China has a brand new coat? They were lovely, just adorable, and I hope they get to keep their coats… but it looked staged.

22. jeans2nd says:

“Melania has that impact on boy Pandas mostly”
    Well, now, that is just plain sexist-racist-speciesist-geneist-populist-nationsalistic-“insert fav ist ic etc here”istic.

The lady pandas just have too much refinement and decorum to behave as beasties.
    Besides, we ladies know what talk goes on inside those sewing circles.

care to learn how to design/knit with grace and dignity (and eavesdrop?)
    FLOTUS is just marvelous.
    Thx for all the China coverage. What a weekend of viewing this weekend will be!

23. joshua says: