Chinese President Xi Jinping is hosting a welcoming for U.S. President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing. For the first time in history this event will be broadcast live on Chinese State TV.  Anticipated start time 8:30pm (U.S. Eastern Time)

For additional perspective, the first livestream below is the actual livestream the Chinese People will be permitted to watch:

UPDATE: Video Added**NOTE** This was a historic first-ever live broadcast of a Chinese President welcoming a U.S. President at the official ceremony.  The pageantry was the highest level China presents in public display honoring any visiting head of state; and U.S. Media never carried it.  Let that sink in.

New China TV LivestreamAlternate Livestream #1Alternate Livestream #2

This entry was posted in China, Communist, Donald Trump, media bias, Melania Trump, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

294 Responses to President Xi Jinping Welcome Ceremony for President Trump at Great Hall in Beijing, China – 8:30pm Livestream…

1. Publius2016 says:

Very impressive! The Chinese have arrived again on the world stage…like Beijing 2008, this is a wake up call…It is about power…we are blessed to have someone whose brand is power, luxury and success! President Xi understands that President Trump offers him legitimacy and if they make a deal, China may rule the 22nd Century without war…President Trump was very specific when he spoke with Prime Minister Abe…it is about the next 50 years…

• Publius2016 says:

It’s about MAGA!

• tdaly14 says:

Never Forget China is a Communist country. They are not our friend. Go back and listen to Xi One Belt One Road speech two weeks ago. It’s all about domination of the west.

• JPR224 says:

It’s questionable whether China will be around, as is, in 50 years. Water shortages have a way of making life difficult. But the easy days of Chinese money are about to end. Demographics and India, as well as the rest of Asia, make cheap labor abundant, while it will grow much less abundant in China.

• Publius2016 says:

Our Republic was on the brink of disaster…President Trump arrived in the nick of time! The Chinese have a longer time horizon as they have been an empire for more than 2000 years…we do not know the dynasties that have ruled and we can’t be foolish to trust them, but we can make deals…why not?

• Esperanza says:

Watching this, I am reminded, I really don’t like China.

2. Kathleen Rady says:

I️ have never seen anything like this kind of ceremony for a visiting head of State. Wow.

3. timothy says:

What’s sinking in is that the Wall is not being built here while he is spending time there.

I am frustrated and impatient.

4. WSB says:

Just saw PT’s remarks at the meeting. Fabulous remarks.

It is self evident within President Trump’s psyche that the art of the deal is a Win/Win understanding. He has been through these ropes for years, negotiating properties, infrastructure and FFE for his hotels. The Chinese, not so enamored with negotiation. Always zero sum, win or die. I wonder if this is an iceberg or the Titanic in the ocean?

• sunnydaze says:

Trumps comments were perfection. And Xi seemed to “get” what he was talking about….probably cuz it’s so freaking obvious.

I’m sure the Chinese have been thinking for years “What the h*ll is WRONG with these American fools giving us everything we ask for And.More.”

• WSB says:

That could easily be, but having worked in that neck of the woods, your audience normally shakes their head in agreement with you while you are speaking no matter their real thoughts, and they giggle when you say forward agressive American-style comments, which means they are embarrassed.

It’s always odd with the Japanese and the Chinese.

• sunnydaze says:

I know WSB, been there. But Xi seemed to have something extra besides the normal Chinese “I agree! I agree!”.

I mean really, they know as well as Trump does that we’ve given all and taken NOTHING in return. It’s been ridiculously lopsided.

• WSB says:

I can try to make a long story short.

I worked as an assistant designer on the Great Wall Hotel in Beijing years ago. 1982?
            First joint venture betwee the US and China since Nixin. Mau regressed the country so much that my comapnt, the architect actually built concrete facotries to build this 1000 room, seven restaurant hotel. Remember, the Chinese created concrete but after Mau lost sny contuation of it, thus the US assistance.

Long and short, they stole plans for two subsiderary hotels. Stole the concrete from the factorythat was built for them, stole the management contract, ruined the curtain wall on the shearh of thebuilding and ruined the entire hotel one year later and begged Sheraton to come cak and managethe property. The million square foot facility was filfthy, and ravaged. Sheraton had to renovate many spaces to get it v
            Back up to expected standards.

• WSB says:

Well, clicking ‘send’ before proofing from a tablet does not work very well, does it? Adrem, please remove the previous if necessary.

I can try to make a long story short.

I worked as an assistant designer on the Great Wall Hotel Beijing years ago. 1982?
              First joint venture between the US and China since Nixon’s visit. Mau regressed the country so much that my company, the architect that was responsible for the project, actually built concrete factories to build this 1000 room, seven restaurant hotel. Remember, the Chinese created concrete… but after Mau, lost any continuation of it as a commercially specified material, thus the US assistance.

Long and short, they stole plans for two subsidiary staging hotels and built them from the plans on two sites.

They stole the concrete from the factory that was to supply for the Great Wall Hotel for the other two hotels, stole the management contract from Sheraton right before the opening, ruined the curtain wall on the exterior of the building, miss-calculated the column spread (at the foundation level, band-aided to this day), and ruined the entire interior of the hotel one year later.

They begged Sheraton to come back and manage the property. The million square foot facility was filfthy, and ravaged. Sheraton had to renovate kitchens and many other spaces to return it to expected international 3 star standards.

A mess. End of story.

5. chooseamerica says:

I’ve been thinking about a different dimension of this job for President Trump.

His wealth before the election would have allowed everything to be done for him in his personal life as he did his job….chauffeurs, food preparation, laundry, travel arrangements, security etc .

These thoughts took me to Chris Wallace asking him on Air Force One what went through his head when he heard he had been elected and Trump said it all seemed a bit surreal.

Put him now in this setting as President and it has to still be surreal to him. Riding in The Beast with our flag on front, roads being cleared for him, getting to be in different countries and seeing pagentry orchestrated just for him and FLOTUS. Plus, knowing that he’s the one president that the Forbidden City is no longer forbidden for. It has to be amazing for him to behold.

These videos are a gift for us but imagine what must be going through his mind as all of this unfolds in real life.

He and Melania are a blessing to us and they too have been blessed in return.

6. Bull Durham says:

Here’s a very good infographic presentation of the high-level dialogue mechanism for Sino-US ties.

• WSB says:

They are a Communist country, They lie, cheat and steal, and I would never eat their chicken!

Having worked a bit with the Chinese, they are a less than amusing group.

• Bull Durham says:

I have a bunch of Chinese friends. They are Mainlanders. They never lie, cheat and steal.
        And I’ve had many meals with them, including chicken.

But I do find you amusing.

• WSB says:

I worked on the Great Wall Hotel in Beijing in 1980. You cannot imagine the entire story. Not one aspect of that project was not compromised. And others created and stolen.

Maybe it is just the “Gubmints, not the Peoples.”

• MaineCoon says:

I never ate any chicken or other meat when I was there 25 yrs ago. Out of respect I did not want to offend my business hosts so I always said I was a vegetarian. I enjoyed all foods that my hosts ordered.

When I was there many, if not most, people rode bikes not cars. It was quite unappealing to see the chickens, which had just had their necks rung, slung over the baskets on their bikes as they rode to market!

7. Yankee Lawyer says:

This is good stuff. Our media will suppress because it shows the mutual respect Trump and Xi have.

• WSB says:

The Chinese are showing much graniosity with little substance. Typical for the Chinese. Impressive if you have never seen it before. That is what they count on.

Drive ten miles away, many have never seen a Caucasian.

• WSB says:

My apologies…grandiosity.

• Chromatinfish says:

Why are you so negative?

• WSB says:

A2 attempted to explain this last might. It is not negativity but an understanding of the Chinese mindset. And this is top down.

The Chinese do not have freedom, therefore the jumping children. They are not freely doing this. They are robots.

The Chinese do not think creatively since Mau shut everything down. They only copy most intellectual wealth, which has been massively stolen by the Chinese because that is the only way for them to compete. And their culture thrives on that mentality.

It is just a fact.

• Yankee Lawyer says:

It’s not the band or the marching, it’s Chinese decision to publicly share the spectacle, with Trump, in time of apparent crisis in North Korea, against the backdrop of US media expectation that boorish Drumpf will droll over himself. The video speaks for itself with need for translation by the pundit class.

• Esperanza says:

I agree. This looked so empty. The Saudi visit was incredible. Trump should not trust them one inch.

8. OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God’s great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, tho’ they come from the ends of the earth!
    – R. Kipling

9. disgustedwithjulison says:

At about 11:30, it appears that Trump strayed from “the script”. He appears to ask if they could step off the red carpet to show appreciation to the children. Camera pans away to the Communist symbol on a building for 10 seconds….finally, someone in the booth decided this is OK and went back to the two leaders with the children. Beautiful ceremony.

10. TheWanderingStar says:

The ceremonies were on par with the opening of the Olympics. They also had the feel of a highly scripted and well orchestrated event. Xi can now have his optics and I’m sure it was quite enjoyable for the President and First Lady. Certainly they received our President and First Lady with more honor and dignity than past presidents.

Now, time to get down to business Xi.

• Esperanza says:

POTUS looked bored. There is a totalitarianism to these ceremonies, they make you sit for hours. Plus you have no interactions with the people at at all. They are not allowed to. That little girl who chose a bauble for Melania will be in deep trouble. I stopped trying, I didn’t want to get people into trouble.

11. starfcker says:

It’s an insult to the Chinese for putting on a show like that and our networks not showing it. They must have had some really important Will & Grace reruns. What scum.

• Bull Durham says:

So, learn to go to CGTN, and you can get it live streaming also. Don’t need cable to see China English language. They have beautiful documentaries as well as news, discussion shows, some of which originate from Washington, DC.

This used to be CCTV-9. They have rebranded it CGTN and it is magnificent programming.

• Running Fast says:

Well they DO own the networks and could have ordered them to cover it. Why do you think MSM acts the way it does? Hint… foreign control.

• wondering999 says:

The media is divisive. They truly seem to hate our country. I don’t see the reception video trending on Facebook either which is absolutely astonishing to me.

I want so much for this visit to be very successful. So many millions of people have our lives affected by this. I am insulted. The media doesn’t care how many people live the good life, or die miserably in war because of poor leadership. Shame on them.

12. Bull Durham says:

ON an article in SCMP there is talk of China joining the US in exploration and development of natural gas in the Alaska.

Possible $280 billion in deals:

Among a long list of agreements ranging from shale gas to car parts, China Petroleum and Chemical Corp, the state energy group, will sign a “very big” deal to jointly explore for natural gas with the US in Alaska, according to the sources.

13. tvollrath66 says:

wow this was very nice, he really wanted to show our president the highest respect. all of the worlds leaders have been. it makes me sick how he is treated a home. i have not seen nothing like this in my life time. i read in a article before he got there that said xi wanted to show him about the history of their culture. its like our president said they each love their on country and are proud.

14. lfhbrave says:

If this ceremony was broadcast live in China, then the little Soviet-style goose stepping military parade with rifles pointing forward was a show of power in the face of the all powerful USA. It was meant to be seen by all in China. POTUS mentioned it at the joint meeting and I bet he understood its meaning.

• Gil says:

The first thing I did was not look at the parade but instead, watched POTUS’ facial expressions and demeanor. He is all business and I do believe your description is apt. He had a few moments where I thought something irritated him. Pageantry be damned. He isnt fooled or that easily impressed.
      He’s there to MAGA.

15. no-nonsense-nancy says:

Thank you, Sundance, for this great coverage. I enjoyed it so much. I watched it several times. I am so proud of our delegation and enjoyed seeing all of them being in introduced to President Xi by our POTUS. He looked so proud of all of them.

16. Bull Durham says:

Folks, the xenophobia here reeks of fear.

Chinese have tens of millions of Christians. They have hundreds of millions of great people who love America. They send 100,000-200,000 children here per year for education.

All I can say about the Chinese I know from Mainland is they are terrific human beings.
    And Chinese from Taiwan I know are very good people.
    I don’t have personal friends with Chinese from Hong Kong but I’m sure most of them are wonderful people.

I’ve done business with people from all over China for ten years. They are very tough business people and the hurdles to work a deal are very difficult. However, business everywhere has obstacles, and doing due diligence is necessary wherever you want to establish trade or a commercial project.

Think of Chinese in a more Christian way. Peace and prosperity begin with a sharp mind and an open heart.

• WSB says:

Taiwanese and the Chinese Peoples are different. The Chinese Gubmint, not so much.

And do not trust Chinese students in the US. Most are selected by the Gubmint for their Intellectual wealth spy ring. Really. No kidding.

The fun of it is that the Chinese spies are now being taught by hippie commies. I wonder how that will work out?

• sundance says:

Sheesh, you love to push that totalitarian propaganda don’t you.

You do realize that China is communist right? Then again, you do seem to pine for the old Kremlin; ah, the ‘good old days’….

China can’t feed itself, their people are restricted on procreation – the essential element of human existence – but hey… at least they’ve got nuclear weapons… Yea, China.

#FAIL

17. Harry Lime says:

We interrupt this broadcast for a stunning development…

18. Kaco says:

Has our President’s administration ever put on any celebratory greeting like this for a head of state visit? I don’t think there has been one. Kind of makes me feel bad, I think Bibi was even greeted at the back door practically or the lower level. And they all put on a show for our President. Is this typical for U.S. Presidents to get the glory and not reciprocated? I haven’t paid too much attention before. Sincere question.

• SharonKinDC says:

The White House is a bit short on real estate to put on this sort of activity.

• wheatietoo says:

No, we really don’t go all out on celebrations for state visits.
      Never have.

We have state dinners at the White House, sometimes throw a ball, even.
      We take heads of state to Camp David for a few days.
      Other than that…it’s pretty sparse.

Potus has the benefit of having a place like Mar A Lago, where he can take heads of state for some ‘royal treatment’.
      Bush Sr. used Kennebunkport for that.
      Dubya used his ranch.

We don’t do ‘military honor guard review’ type of things, though.
      It’s not because we aren’t capable of it…we just don’t do it.
      The closest thing we do is an Inaugural Parade.

We could probably hold a parade for visiting dignitaries.
      But if we did it for one…we would have to do it for others, and where would we stop?

19. David says:

I see some negativity in the comments. In my opinion this is very good. There is obviously a dialog and communication with respect between Trump and Xi. The best way to resolve things.
    Much better than wars and threats. I see Trump is tough and doing what he can to represent the American interest financially and against N. Korea. Better than Obama who got zero respect in China.

20. MaineCoon says:

They really like each other. That will go a ling way.

21. MaineCoon says:

Meant above comment for this tweet…They really like each other and that will go a long way!

I bet Xi couldn’t wait to show the Prez the gold! He knew that would impress him!

22. bkrg2 says:

Very nice ceremony. I liked the little kids with the flags. Their military marched with such precision.
    Too bad the USA MSM and Chinese media have flipped place on censoship…