Details Emerge Showing Violent History of Texas Church Shooter…

Yesterday the first indicators of a longer pattern of violence and anti-social behavior began to emerge.  Today some of the space between those details begins to fill in.  The gunman’s  violent past includes: animal abuse, domestic violence and a history of stalking.

Texas gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, killed 26 people and wounded dozens more during his rampage at the Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church, and yesterday we began to discover his disturbing past including a year spent in military prison.

Today media reports are digging deeper and show the reason Kelley spent a year in prison was for abusing his wife and breaking the skull of his infant son.  According to the Air Force, in 2012 while Kelley was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico in he was charged with “assault on his spouse and assault on their child.”

Retired Colonel Don Christensen, who was the lead Air Force prosecutor during the case, said:

“[Kelley] assaulted his stepson severely enough that he fractured his skull, and he also assaulted his wife. He plead to intentionally doing it.”

After Kelley spent a year in prison, he was kicked out of the military with a “bad conduct” discharge; similar to, but just a notch below, the more well-known dishonorable discharge.

Additionally, NBC News is reporting after the 2012 attack on his wife, Tessa Kelley, she divorced him.  It appears Kelley remarried and the second marriage also had domestic issues.  The shooter’s mother-in-law, also attended the church where the shooting took place.

(Via NBC)  The gunman who turned a Texas church into a shooting gallery had a turbulent and violent past, including a court-martial from the Air Force for fracturing his baby stepson’s skull, an animal cruelty arrest — and a habit of harassing ex-girlfriends.

“He was very sick in the head,” Katy Landry, a former girlfriend of Devin Patrick Kelley, told NBC News.

[…] What was behind this act of carnage in a place of sanctuary? Authorities have not specified a motive but they noted that his mother-in-law had attended the church and been threatened by him.

[…] Records show his first wife divorced him in 2012 in New Mexico. “She’s very upset,” her mother told NBC News, adding that she did not want to speak about him until she was interviewed by law enforcement.

Kelley remarried in Texas in 2014. The status of that marriage was not clear, but authorities said there was a “domestic situation” with his in-laws.

“The suspect’s mother-in-law attended this church,” Freeman Martin, regional director of the state Department of Public Safety, said at a Monday news conference. “She has received threatening texts from him.”  (read more)

Federal and Texas law prohibit persons convicted of domestic violence from owning a firearm. It is unclear how Devin Kelley was able to purchase the weapon(s) used in the First Baptist Church massacre.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Death Threats, Dept Of Justice, DHS, FBI, media bias, Obama Research/Discovery, Police action, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

572 Responses to Details Emerge Showing Violent History of Texas Church Shooter…

1. Nonlocality says:

Maybe, IMHO. it is time to truly understand Ephesians 6:12
    G’nite.

• wondering999 says:

OK, I’m up for some Bible study

” Ephesians 6:12New International Version (NIV)

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

Yes, but our struggle is also with the truth. We can get better about facing reality of chemical imbalances and emotional disorders, and recognize insane behavior when we encounter it, instead of going into automatic denial and pretending that it’s all going to be OK.

I still hurt for the family of Andrea Yates, who was left alone for 30 MINUTES with her own children and the voices in her head. I know other people who have taken this risk and survived. However had Ms. Yates’ husband and mother-in-law recognized what they were up against, I do not think Andrea Yates would have been living in the same house with her children; and her visits with her children would have been via Skype or strictly supervised, in person. Hindsight is 20/20. But in this case, this killer guy should never have been allowed around his first wife’s toddler to crack the baby’s skull. And the killer of Jessica Chambers should not be babysitting his wife’s son either!

• jahealy says:

The Yates case haunts me to this day. If ever there as a clinically insane murderer, she was it. 5 beautiful babies gone in 30 minutes.

• Benson II says:

The real cause is totally ignored by the press and our governments at all levels that support Psychiatric drugging of people who have no need of these dangerous drugs.

This is what Dr. Candace Pert wrote:
          Dr. Candace Pert of John Hopkins who did the research for the development of Anti-Depressants wrote: “I AM ALARMED AT THE MONSTER THAT JOHNS HOPKINS NEUROSCIENTIST SOLOMON SNYDER AND I CREATED WHEN WE DISCOVERED THE SIMPLE BINDING ASSAY FOR DRUG RECEPTORS 25 YEARS AGO.” She said that after the Columbine shooting about the widespread use of antidepressants/anti-psychotics – which she said were NEVER meant for the general public – because of the known side effect of CREATING PSYCHOSIS in a percentage of the population.

• And yet she has completely moved on with a new husband and 4 more children. She spent what… less than 2 years in a psych ward for killing 5 children? She should be hearing voices now calling her a murderess. Sympathy for the dead children and family, not for her.

• LEET says:

Wondering999:
        Sorry, this guy does NOT get a “chemical imbalance”, or “emotional disorder” pass. He was evil and probably a pschopath. He abused children AND animals which should have been a huge red flag.

• wondering999 says:

LEET — there is no “pass” involved. Once tragedy strikes, like what happened with the Yates family, there is no “pass”. Only grief.

The emphasis should be on awareness of what is going on around us, and appropriate steps to ward off disaster. It’s not different from evacuating or prepping for a hurricane or tornado, which can also produce death of innocents. Blame after injury or murder is fairly useless. Recognizing and preventing injury is a better long term goal IMHO.

Maybe I should use a different phrase — situational awareness? When you see crazy, notice the irrational thing that is going on? Consider the possible outcomes, all the way up to murder of innocents, and take steps to prevent whatever obviously needs prevention?

A coworker told me about her husband’s childhood; this man had his throat slit by his own mother back in the 1970s; the mom had a raging case of schizophrenia and “voices” were commanding the mom to kill her kids. The kid survived after being hospitalized; the mom was hospitalized for a time; then they were all sent back home to try and pretend nothing had happened. Nobody wanted to put the kid into foster care (which might have posed different dangers, especially sexual abuse) and nobody wanted to take the mom into an asylum, or supervise her 24/7 ..basically they all just tried to “put it behind them”. Sometimes people don’t survive these situations. What would you do if you were aware of a similar situation in your family or neighborhood? What CAN you do if you want to help?

• Nonlocality says:

I agree that mental health issues are behind most, if not all, murders – and rapes, and other violent crimes. It is difficult to predict and prevent many of these cases, I think, but we ought to try harder. How much can we do when someone demonstrates a ‘bad temper’ for instance? I’m up for a sensible solution.

I also believe that there is a spiritual dynamic in all the affairs of Man. I believe in angelic and demonic spirits.

• heldnmut says:

That’s why we must be fervent to follow Ephesians 6:18. 😊

2. wheatietoo says:

The Good Samaritan Shooter was a plumber?

• JD says:

He also was an NRA certified instructor in 2004.

• Guffman says:

This brave man should receive a Presidential Medal of Freedom for his bravery and courage. Without a second thought he put his own life at risk for his fellow Americans.

If Obama can hand these out to the likes of Robert loser DiNiro, Bruce Springsteen, Ellen and his other lefty celebrity friends, surely this hero deserves one.

Too bad Obama has tainted the prestige of this medal though – then again, what did he touch in his eight years that wasn’t tainted by his name/actions?

• kea25252014 says:

Good for him. MSM is trying to say that the gunman killed himself…

• It’s a fair assumption, considering the evidence. I watched a press conference with their local law enforcement live. They said Kelley was hit twice by shots fired by the other citizen, but also had a third wound to the head consistent with being self-inflicted (according to the medical examiner who performed the autopsy).
        This video is poor quality, but the relevant info begins at about 2:33

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Seems to be standard operating procedure these days to claim that the shooter killed himself. They would have us believe that the perp shot himself as he was high speed driving down the road? They still think we’re stupid.

• True enough, but the video is an assertion of facts by the local sheriff and the local medical examiner, not the media. Nobody in the presser is saying when he shot himself, only that he did.

He was ahead of his pursuers, bleeding from the first two wounds, and drove off the road. He had time to call his dad. Why wouldn’t he have had time to shoot himself after the call?

• Guffman says:

In the interview with the hero who shot him, he said they were almost right on his tail when the gunman slowed right down. I believe on that rural road they would have heard him shoot himself if that’s when he did it (before his vehicle flipped – and remember his one window was already shot out). It definitely didn’t happen after that as both the hero and his driver saw no sign of movement after the vehicle came to a stop, and no mention of any gunshot sound either as they waited for the police to show up.

In one of the YouTube videos I watched, it said he was shot once in the side and twice in the neck. Sounds more likely to me that this was the work of the hero alone and that this would have killed him (bleeding out) vs shooting himself while driving…. I could be wrong though.

• Could be. I haven’t seen every video. Just happened to catch this particular one with the LE teams. I choose to believe the Texas Rangers. They say he shot himself, and did not offer minute detail. A self-inflicted wound would leave powder burn residue.

The ambiguities will be likely clarified over time. He’s dead and can’t hurt anyone else, so there’s less urgency. They are doing ballistics and scene reconstruction today, trying to determine the complete order of events.

• kea25252014 says:

Yes I just heard this as well.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

ABC news said that today, that the shooter died of a “self-inflicted” gunshot wound. Lamestream media is such a joke. Thankfully I get my news from Sundance.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

Mighty fine shooting!

3. Sylvia Avery says:

I just clicked through Sundance’s article to one of the links he provided, and read this illuminating bit of what a charming young man we had here:

“… Brittany Adcock, 22, said she dated Kelley for two months when she was 13 and he was 18.

“At the time I didn’t think much into it being so young but now I realize that there’s something off about someone who is 18 with someone who is 13,” she said.

When she broke it off, he continued to harass her, she said…

“One time he told me I should move in with him and his wife and that he would take care of me as long as I walked around topless. Not long after, his wife messaged me and asked why I’m talking to her husband and I told her what he was saying and sent her screenshots and she then apologized and then I was blocked from speaking to her.” ”

There is also a detailed description of his animal abuse charge involving a dog. Don’t read it if you’re an animal lover.

My thoughts after reading this linked article involve the young women who “dated” this guy and the two who married him. It seems to me as a society we are really failing to teach our girls how to select a mate.

I know that mistakes can be made in our choices and it happens all the time, but probably the biggest decision you will ever make that determines your future happiness is who you marry. This guy had the stink of LOSER all over him. Women should have been fleeing from him, and yet he had ex girlfriends and managed to marry twice.

• mimbler says:

I had exactly the same thought. How was he getting girlfriends and wives? I suppose it could be the “bad boy” phenomena, or maybe Daddy subsidized him with money that attracted him.
      But especially the second wife. Who would marry someone convicted of beating his previous wife and child?

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, there is the really reprehensible “bad boy” attraction thing. But mostly he just seems like a loser, to me, but you could be right. Bankrolled with enough of someone else’s money he might have been able to project himself well enough to get a girl to go out with him.

But yeah, I’d sure want to marry some guy who spent a year imprisioned for beating up the first wife and breaking the skull of her child. Nothing says “marriage material” more than that!

Also, looking at his high school year book photo….I suppose it is because I am getting old but if I had a daughter, or now granddaughter, who brought home someone looking like him I’d think to myself, “Oh, this isn’t gonna be good…..”

• Your Tour Guide says:

Isn’t New Braunfels one of the more affluent suburbs in the area? The
          facebook shot of the murder weapon was in a vehicle with a high end
          leather interior. In perfect shape. Ma and Pa spoiled their little monster.
          In many different ways.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I don’t know, but I read somewhere upthread that his parent’s had an $800,000 home and someone posted an aerial photo. Huge, large plot of ground with outbuildings and a pool.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

New Braunfels is not a suburb of San Antonio. It is a small German town about 35 miles away. His parents apparently have a home and acreage outside of town. Guy looked to have been a Goth kid when he was younger who turned into an atheistic monster.

• uvaldegirl says:

A story said he had worked at Schlitterbahn after is dishonorable discharge and military prison as a security guard! Imagine the spree he could have had there.

• Gueppebarre says:

Well, you know, there is an equivalent number of female losers who do not cull much male attention.

• Curry Worsham says:

I doubt she did a background check.

• Risa says:

Parents should do background checks on anyone their child dates, these days. It’s easily accomplished via the internet and can spare someone a lifetime of heartbreak.

However, so many young people are raised in broken families these days and may not learn how healthy relationships function. Too many young women think controlling men are that way because they “care”, not because they are mentally ill. This monster probably gave off major danger signals for anyone healthy enough to read them.

• mimbler says:

True enough. I had thought he would have had to tell her to explain things like lack of good job opportunities due to his conviction, but if it didn’t get posted to NCIS, maybe it wasn’t in the databases employers use.

• vicschick says:

Speaking from experience (hate to admit that), people who have Narcissistic Personality Disorder (and all sociopaths have NPD), they can be extremely charming. That is how they lure you. They know how to hook you. And once you’re hooked, then the abuse starts and also the gaslighting. I’d never heard of gaslighting until I spent 1.5 years with someone who had been diagnosed NPD. I’d never been around a person like that. I can guarantee you this shooter had probably been diagnosed with NPD and was definitely a sociopath. Once the veil drops and you see who they really are (most of the time, you have to get away from them and out from under their influence) for your eyes to be opened. They make your life a living hell. When I met my husband 10 years ago, I did have background checks run on him without him knowing it because the nutjob who sucked me in scarred me deeply. And I was 49 when I met the creep. Not a shrinking violet but NPD’ers are extremely cunning. I’m sure this guy sucked these women in. They’re masters at it.

• Blacksmith8 says:

“as a society we are really failing to teach our girls how to select a mate.”
      solid gold wisdom
      Thank You.

• jahealy says:

“It seems to me as a society we are really failing to teach our girls how to select a mate.” You’re absolutely right, and this isn’t an issue that’s even being talked about given all the other issues we’re facing as a society. But it’s a biggie. The “women’s movement” and pop culture have done incalculable damage. Women are less confident today, and give themselves away cheaply or for free at the drop of hat. Over and over. It’s incredibly damaging to women, their children, the family unit, and society as a whole.

• Sylvia Avery says:

“The “women’s movement” and pop culture have done incalculable damage. Women are less confident today, and give themselves away cheaply or for free at the drop of hat.”

I couldn’t agree with you more. And we don’t teach our girls what to value in the men they associate with. And give themselves so cheaply, so easily, and with such disastrous consequences.

• Deb says:

This is a symptom of rampant divorce. My parents divorced when I was five, and I latched on to the first loser who said he loved me. Luckily it didn’t last, and my husband is a great guy. But I was trying to fill the hole created by having an absent father, and I was too young to realize it.

• fakenoozisforfools says:

You are correct. The landscape is littered with women who attach themselves to the Kelley-types. Some people are attracted to stinky situations. Never understood it.

4. Carrie says:

One of the most horrific outcomes of this insane tragedy will be we will remember the killer’s name but not any of the victim’s names.

• deqwik2 says:

When Sandy Hook happened, a memorial page suggested that we pick a couple of the children & remember their name so that it wouldn’t be just the shooter whose name would be remembered.
      I use this pink daisy because it was the favorite flower of one of the Sandy Hook children. It helps me remember her. Tacos help me remember the little boy. Noah Pozner wanted to be a taco factory manager. Emily Parker loved the color pink & her favorite flower was a daisy.

We can make an individual effort to remember victims & even though the msm won’t remember them, we can.

• Curry Worsham says:

NO NOTORIETY CHALLENGE TO THE MEDIA

Limit the name and likeness of the individual in reporting after initial identification, except when the alleged assailant is still at large and in doing so would aid in the assailant’s capture.

Refuse to broadcast/publish self-serving statements, photos, videos and/or manifestos made by the individual. Elevate the names and likenesses of all victims killed and/or injured to send the message their lives are more important than the killer’s actions.

Recognize that the prospect of infamy could serve as a motivating factor for other individuals to kill others and could inspire copycat crimes. Keep this responsibility in mind when reporting.

Agree to promote data and analysis from experts in mental health, public safety, and other relevant professions to support further steps to help eliminate the motivation behind mass murder. Recognize that the individual’s name and likeness is irrelevant to media coverage of such acts unless the alleged assailant is at large.

5. Gov Jay says:

Thank the radical leftists who guarantee mentally unstable nutjobs like this are free to roam the streets… because confining them to an institution would be “discriminatory”, “unfair”, “unjust”, “racist”, bigoted”, “sexist”, “homophobic”, “islamophobic”… and a myriad of other mythical bogeymen, courtesy of cultural Marxism…

• wolfmoon1776 says:

We need nice gated communities where the gates lock people like this INSIDE. Totally self-sufficient – even profitable. But the residents are on a cruise for life.

• soronme says:

We used to have these those. They were called insane asylums. The ACLU fought long and hard to close them and make it very difficult to lock up any mentally deranged person back in the 1980’s. I guess they wanted to ensure there were plenty of people who’d vote for Democrats, they were running out of dead people.

• Now, rather than having institutions that these mentally ill people can live in, they simply live on the streets. If you don’t believe this, volunteer at a homeless shelter in a major city for a while. You will see this first hand.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

ACLU. Communists.

They KNEW that dumping mental patients on our streets was part of the plan to get the guns.

Actually, what I’m thinking about is even bigger. Maybe some asylums would even be located WITHIN them.

The people wouldn’t be locked up, so much as living in areas that amount to morally and psychiatrically assisted living. Work your job, go to a movie, go to McDonalds, go to Walmart, most of what you would find in any town, but there are no guns, no drugs, and no visitors that don’t have permission to be there. A lot of medical people would live there – at least part-time – or some might choose to live there full time.

I don’t know – just an idea. Sometimes I think the art district in cities is a bit like this anyway. 😉

• Curry Worsham says:

Gated community.

• Neural says:

This case has nothing to do with imprisoning them. This guy should have been removed from society permanently after the assault on the baby. This BS with institutionalization of individuals such as this has to stop. Evil simply needs to be executed, nothing more.

• fakenoozisforfools says:

Jail/prison is for people who commit non-violent crimes: embezzlement, burglary, etc. Some people commit crimes that indicate they are unable to live in a civilized society. This guy, Kelley, was involved in multiple situations that demonstrated he was a threat to other people and to animals. He should have been erased years ago.

6. jmclever says:

Seems to me that this tragedy is highlighting all the ways that our PC-infested, liberal, hold no one accountable, eliminate-God-from-society culture has utterly failed on many levels.It also highlights the success of the part of our culture that insists that selfless love for God, others and country is non-negotiable. IMHO this is the real “culture war” and there can be no fence straddlers.

7. uptothere says:

• AM says:

Yes agreed. The initial delay in reporting made me worried yesterday of another Mandalay Bay cover-up. This is much better, as of this evening.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

It’s because the neighbor shot the guy. Had that not happened, we’d still be trying to figure what went down, and they could paint any narrative they wanted.

I’m still not sure this was just an Air Force screw-up.

Just saw some dubious thing about 30 FBI agents staying at Mandalay Bay right before the shooting. Not sure if it’s BS or not, but if so – W E I R D .

• chicagodeplorable says:

One of the early reports stated Texas Rangers in charge, not FBI. I think that is the reason.

• louche9 says:

“Not trying to side track here, but why haven’t we gotten any real facts on Las Vegas besides contadiction and BS? The First Baptist story is much more structured and credible.”

This has been on my mind, too. On September 24, Emanuel Samson opened fire on that church in Tennessee, killing a couple of dozen people. Samson was discussed quite a bit. On October1, Paddock (if it was him) did the Mandalay Bay massacre. There was (and still is) a media information blackout, which the usual pea-brained suspects immediately conclude is a result of racism. The black shooter gets put under a microscope, but nobody seems interested in the white shooter.

Hmmm. This has created an unforeseen problem. Solution: a white church shooter, who can be delved into as much as the black church shooter was, and we’re STILL not talking about Vegas.

• sat0422 says:

Last night I told my brother (former church deacon and regular attendee since he was 12) that it is time for churches to lock the door after an event begins and that all churches need a group of CCW certified shooters in their service areas at all times. That’s how we stop the weasels that only have harm and killing on their minds. Yes, if churches become more secure, they will find other spots to hit but it is time for Americans to really use the 2nd amendment as it is intended. We are at war against the drug culture, the mentally ill, and evil. Call 911 if it makes you happy but you probably won’t be alive when the arrive.

• dbobway says:

Thank You uptothere.
      My Sister in-law called me this morning, her son broke down last night and said a strong rumor went around school that ‘white’ boys better stay home tomorrow if they don’t want to die.
      Because Law enforcement is flat out lying about who and what the Vegas shooting’s motives were and now a shooting in a rural church, over a domestic squabble where the Mother-in-law was not even there? When was the last time a domestic dispute shot 50 people? NEVER!
      That makes all threats credible until proved otherwise.
      I told her if there wasn’t an armed presence at the school through out everyday?
      That school cannot protect your son from harm.
      Until the threat is found and police are present until the school hires a trained armed presence and advertised as much? I would not let my children attend.

8. joeknuckles says:

The killer coward was wearing all black and a black mask with a skull on it. Last night I saw a post on one of the threads here that featured a post from another site that had a picture of several people dressed in all black with skull masks holding guns with the caption, just wait and see what happens tomorrow. It was dated Saturday (don’t know if it was faked or real). Does anybody know anything about this? What are we to make of this? If it’s real, it can’t just be a coincidence.

• Tejas Rob says:

This is the photo you are referring to. Yes, it was posted at 4chan on Saturday.

The guys in the photo are a strange group, seem to be the Nazi type, but hate the right. They love Charles Manson, burn American and Russian flags. Seem to be Anarchist bent on sowing chaos. And, they have a chapter in San Antonio. Call themselves the Atomwaffen if you want to google for more info.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Very psy-oppy. The anti-nuclear is globalist narrative.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

By that I mean that they are meant to generate anti-nuclear sentiment.

• Tejas Rob says:

They have a youtube channel that I watched a video from today. They seem to maybe have an ISIS alliance, or hero worship. They have individual photos of some of the members on the video and they are holding up the old one finger “Allah is great” sign.

• Maquis says:

Russian Troll Farm?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Who knows. Our troll farms are better, IMO. Brock has been doing great work for a long time. All the establishment focus on foreign troll farms hides the Americans and Canadians who work for the left, as well as their German, Ukrainian AND Russian allies (“it’s complicated”). And the Chinese troll farms are mostly known for making money, but they have to be slick and nearly undetectable, so I’m always watching there, too.

And that’s not even talking about CIA operations.

• Curry Worsham says:

• Aubergine says:

I would bet my best hat that this POS is a member of their San Antonio chapter. And I also see that they are ISIS sympathizers. Nasty bunch.

• OverWatch says:

Of course these little nazi crap weasles would hate conservatives (or what you call the right?) because we would stamp them out. I don’t think you meant that they should like the right but there is always confusion here about this butt boil of humanity. Nazi’s were not conservative right, they were socialist and totalitarian. They may have been branded far right because they were zenophobic. Today’s right is conservative but many still confuse it with zenophobia which could not be further from the truth. All of us Americans are mutts and better for it, but done so legally for the most part. The real truth is that the right in America is pro Constitution. The dip shits in the media are too stupid to understand that. Their handlers have them brainwashed into believing we are the incarnation of nazi scum.

• Tejas Rob says:

> conservatives (or what you call the right?)<

Uh, yeah. I didn't invent the term. It's been around a long time. I said they hate the right to show they are not part of the right/conservatives.

I agree we on the right/conservatives have been unfairly lumped in with this vermin by the left and their media minions. Nazis were socialists, which is a leftist ideology. The Klan and slavery were leftwing Democratic Party institutions.

I understand this and preach it. I don't need a lecture about it.

• Maquis says:

Perhaps a lecture to you, but surely worthwhile preaching of Truth for Lurkers and Newbies.

Others are not being pendantic, nor condescending, if they flesh out a concept, offer insight that you may already know.

We serve a community: our Countrymen, Patriots of all stripes, and those stumbling into a place that can become Woke if we share here what they need for Reality to click, to escape the insanity of the Left, that resolves their cognitive disonance.

Sundance plays his part, we must play ours. Even if that means patience with those that express more Truth than you feel you need.

• Maquis says:

What the American Public doesn’t know, mostly, is that the European Left-Right Political Scale is completely different from our own. That it is used knowingly by the American Left to smear the American Right.

Europe’s scale slides between two forms of Socialism. Communism on the Left, Facism on the Right. Their “Right” bogey men are NAZIs, National Socialists Workers’ Party.

Theirs is a false choice. Left or Right, Socialism wins. I’m sure this was intentional when they created this scale. When Socialists did. It is a silly useless measurement of nothing, all serve the Socialists, what we know as the Left.

What they overlook, what they omit entirely, is Liberty. They obsess over the self-serving flavor of a single ideology. We define the degree of Freedom we have. We describe the limit of power granted to, or seized by, a government over a People.

On our extreme right end of the scale we have zero government, zero law, zero control. Which is Anarchy. No law means no restrictions which means no safety. No protection for innocents or the odd man out, the minorities. Chaos.

On the Left end we have complete government control. “Perfect” Socialism. The government controls all, owns all, dictates all, including the lives of its Subjects. Totalitarianism. Tyranny.

Neither extreme protects Freedom, Property, or Persons. Both are to be abhored, shunned and reviled.

Our Founders established “Ordered Liberty.” The Rule of Law. Equality of Persons before the Law. They chose the least government capable of protecting Lives, Liberty, and Property. Protection for the minority views and persons.

Ours is not Mob Rule, Anarchy. Nor is it complete government control, Tyranny.
          Ordered Liberty.

On our Left we have, at the extreme, full Socialism. Just before that is Communism. Just before Communism falls Fascism. The Communists and the Fascists, Reds and Nazis, are fraternal twins. They vary only in the speed at which full control is seized.

Our modern Conservative ideal is well Right of Center, valuing Liberty, but it does not pine to move fully Right, for Anarchy. True Freedom can only exist within an agreed framework of rules that protect all persons and their rights. We want Liberty, not Chaos.

The Modern “Liberal,” today’s Leftists, are way far Left of Center. They do pine for Totalitarianism. They do want a seizure of our remaining freedoms, of a revolution. They DO want to go all the way to Tyranny.

They march ever Leftwards, and drag our Modern Normal that way through every means at their disposal. Via Soviet Agent influence and direction the Left has seized our institutions, the vaunted Fourth Estate, our Media; education, entertainment and popular culture.

The Left was poised to gain all their dreams. The Monster Vote saved us from that. But we still have much work to do to recover from over a hundred years of Socialist scheming and destruction. From the Democrat Party’s obsession with Slavery and Bigotry.

So, Folks, don’t get sucked into the Con the Left has run, on both sides of the Pond, tarring the Righteous American Right with the foolish notion that is the European Right.

The European scale is deliberately and self-servingly flawed. With the Socialism Twins, Socialism and Naziism, at both ends of their scale. With Freedom and limited Government represented not at all, being anywhere on the spectrum is a win for them.

That it can also be used to deceive and control those Americans that know no better, to destroy their only true enemy, Liberty, is icing on their poisonous cake.

9. NickD says:

What’s the count of those killed in shootings by right-wing terrorists in the last 30-40 years? To my estimation, it’s about 38.

What’s the count of those killed in shootings by godless atheists/leftists or nutjobs in the same year? Someone jump in if you have numbers, I can’t even keep track of them.

Sounds like what we really need is God. The further and further the people grow from God and turn nihilistic and enraged (all encouraged by the godless Left), the more we will see these things occur.

Sounds like we need godless, atheist leftists controlled.

• fuzzi says:

We took God out of the schools, our lives, and then wonder why this sort of horrific event happens?

The good news, if you can call it that, is that those who were killed are probably in the arms of Jesus Christ right now.

10. Apfelcobbler says:

How do we keep someone as dangerous as this guy away from society at large? He should have been on some kind of working parole program, with checkins required. Perhaps one of the reasons that violent ‘family men’ such as him are left ‘alone’ is that women such as his wife would be left penniless to support themselves and/ or raise children if he were incarcerated, where he belonged.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Perhaps. I can’t get beyond he assaulted his wife and broke the skull of his wife’s child and he only spent twelve months confined for that. Perhaps we’d all be better off it he were still behind bars. Often psychopaths do quite well in prison settings. They tend to adapt beautifully.

• Tejas Rob says:

>He should have been on some kind of working parole program<

No, he should have been in prison.

• auscitizenmom says:

“How do we keep someone as dangerous as this guy away from society at large?” Well, I don’t think he will be bothering anybody anymore. And, that is about the only thing that will stop a guy like this.

• nimrodman says:

Perhaps one of the reasons that violent ‘family men’ such as him are left ‘alone’ is that women such as his wife would be left penniless to support themselves and/ or raise children if he were incarcerated …

Uhhhh …. there doesn’t seem to be any problem about that in our inner cities.

You know – welfare, 70+ percent births out of wedlock, yada yada. There’s an entire program, something with “women” and “children” in the title, I believe.

11. Wisc says:

This man appears to be abused or tortured himself. How can society intervene before such horrible things happen!

• Risa says:

He comes from an affluent family. I know that fact doesn’t preclude abuse but it is more likely he was always a problem and his parents couldn’t cope with him. They could have been preoccupied with their own lives and thrown money at him to absolve their consciences. The fact he enlisted in the military right after high school, even though his family could obviously afford college, points strongly to someone who was not dong well in an academic setting,and the military was viewed as a solution.

What a shame his first wife, who was assaulted and her child’s skull fractured, didn’t have a gun and the skill to use it.

• Curry Worsham says:

I have a theory. He’s evil.

• Tejas Rob says:

He’s the devil. Liberals have been saying this shows prayer does no good. Well, it isn’t a guarantee, but it helps. There’s this thing called Satan and God has been fighting him since the beginning of time. Sometimes the devil sneaks one in.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Isn’t Texas where that case of Ethan Couch the case of “Affuenza”, the kid was rich and didn’t know right from wrong.

Basically soulless……evil. The bible says there are some born of Satan.

• Risa says:

I’m sorry, I don’t see that he was necessarily tortured or abused. There are people who are just intrinsically evil. We can call it mental illness, but these are people who are incapable of seeing anyone outside themselves as mattering, as having value. All they see is their own pain and rage and release it by inflicting pain on others. I have known someone like that and it was terrifying.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I haven’t read anything about him being abused. Do you have any link or source to share? I am curious about his background.

12. Sylvia Avery says:

Again, from one of the articles linked to Sundance’s piece, NBC says this:

” Inside the church, Kelley’s rampage was cut short when an unidentified good Samaritan wrenched the rifle out of his hands.

Kelley then fled the church, where he was confronted by an armed man who lives nearby, and a gun battle erupted.

After Kelley fled, another man police are calling a hero named Johnnie Langendorff pulled up in his truck and told the neighbor to hop in, and together they began chasing Kelley. ”

So it would seem there are three heroic figures in this story. Someone inside the church pulls the rifle out of the killer’s grasp, probably when he stopped to reload.(Earlier in the story the state police regional commander said they found 15 empty 30-round ammunition magazines inside.) Then the neighbor/plumber/former NRA instructor who arms himself and starts shooting at the killer and manages to hit him a couple times despite the body armor (good shooting), and then Johnnie with his toothpick and vehicle who decides the gun toting fella is a good citizen and off they go in pursuit. Wow! Good job all around. It could have been even worse.

• Risasi says:

We have a discrepancy:
      “Inside the church, Kelley’s rampage was cut short when an unidentified good Samaritan wrenched the rifle out of his hands.”

I do not believe this happened.

“He armed himself with an AR assault rifle and engaged the suspect. They engaged in gunfire here at the church. We know that the suspect was shot, when he dropped his assault rifle and jumped in his Ford Expedition and fled the scene.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/453470/texas-hero-reportedly-used-his-own-ar-confront-sutherland-springs-shooter

—-

This Willeford got into a gunfire exchange when Kelley was exiting the building. The average attendance at this small church is typically about 40-50. I believe he likely shot every single soul in the place. Two deaths outside, 24 inside and I believe it’s still officially 20 others wounded. If Willeford hadn’t engaged then this evil and twisted person might have got away and we’d still be trying to find out what happened.

• Risasi says:

I am very curious about the two shot outside. Were they “security”?

I listened to a few of the messages online from their church meetings this morning. I heard enough to believe at least a few members probably carried.

This creep knew that his mother in law was a member here (and estranged wife used to attend). Did this sick individual attend there at one time? Could he have known who might and might not be carrying? Did he take out the people he knew would be armed first? This is a small group. 50-100 people total, and some were family. One family lost their grandparents, their daughter-in-law, and three out of five of her children. If he used to attend it would be no surprise he would know how to methodically plan the entire crime.

This entire incident has me sick to my stomach. I belong to a smaller bible church of just a couple hundred members. We are re-evaluating our own security right now because of this horrible event.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Dumb journ0list asked the guy who confronted the killer with his own AR 15, “Why did you run out of the house barefoot with your rifle?”

Hero Stephen Willeford responded, “Because I didn’t have any shoes on.”

• fuzzi says:

I highly recommend Steven Crowder’s interview of Mr. Willeford. It puts to rest all the BS of the media. It’s 37 minutes long, but worth it. Crowder lets Mr. Willeford actually talk without interruptions.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

In one of the videos, Willeford states that Kelley had a pistol when he first saw him when Kelley came out of the church. That may solve the discrepancy.

13. Sylvia Avery says:

Anyone here with any recent military experience? I am really, really wondering about current requirements to serve in the military. As in, is all they care about is if they are breathing???? I’m thinking of Reality Winner, this guy, the Ft. Hood shooter, and a few others.

When you want to become a cop, most places now (and have for YEARS) really put you through your paces including a psych eval. Seems like a good idea if you are going to arm and train people to keep the peace, right?

What about our war fighters? Is there any kind of psych eval done so we aren’t wasting our time and energy trying to turn “sow’s ears” like this Devin dude into a “silk purse” warrior?

• mimbler says:

And look at that whacko, West Point commie (literally). Think how much money went into his training and education, and his anti-American views didn’t wash him out of the most elite military institution in the US.
      I think PC has invaded the military to a far greater degree than I had thought.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, and then to hear on Lou Dobbs’ show tonight about the “Fat Leonard” scandal that has been brewing for FOUR YEARS and involves sixty Admirals. I didn’t even realize we had sixty Admirals. Holy cow.

It sounds like our military needs a thorough house cleaning.

• Blacksmith8 says:

That scumbag WP marxist was identified by more than one faculty officer BEFORE graduation. He was supposed to get put out THEN.
        What happened mr. super apologetic commandant?

• mimbler says:

Even in 72 when I joined the army, there was no psych eval per se. Basic training was pretty rigorous back then, and it certainly weeded out a number of people that couldn’t handle discipline and stress.

But, I think many of the youth of today are far different than they were back then. Drugs, legal and otherwise are far more prevalent. After school jobs are not nearly as common. There is no pressure to conform to a civilized society. We still have youth as fine as they have ever been, but in smaller numbers with a greater number of misfits.

I think if they aren’t doing psych fitness/evals today, it would be an excellent thing to start. Hopefully a current or recent military person will chime in with the answer.

• Rudy Bowen says:

I don’t about now, but in 1970 it depended on what specialty and posting you were going to. I had both psychological evaluation and security clearance…because I was going to submariner school, and then Mechanics Mate or Quartermaster school, all sensitive positions and jobs. I don’t think they were doing that with recruits going directly to the fleet, Army, or Marines. I thought they did for the Air Force, but this guy.

• Janeka says:

The clown president furlowed 1,500 experienced career officers accross all branches of service then issued termination notices to another 30,000 career NCO’s during his term. After that the “Peter Principle” was fully enacted to cover the gaps.. I have a kid on active duty USAF. Says it’s real hard to do what needs to be done as so few truly understand what they are supposed to be doing. Says way too many promotions are occurring even when the body can’t pass their annual technical skills test for the job they are trained for and currently assigned..
      Notice no one bothered to submit the shooters paperwork for his felony conviction of injury to a child to the criminal justice database.
      “Peter Principle” is an old term for promoting people to their highest level of incompetence in a effort to keep their threat level to your position at a minimum..

14. I have been asking questions about his Courts Martial on some other forums with a military audience. Apparently, he was charged with Assault. Apparently the UCMJ does not have a “Domestic Abuse” category at present.
    Also, the conviction does not necessarily “transfer” to civilian jurisdictions. Had he received a Dishonorable Discharge, his right to firearm ownership would have been “revoked”. But a Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD) does not automatically “revoke” the right.

I did read an article that said he had applied for a concealed carry permit but was denied, probably due to his BCD. So he may have “fallen through a crack in the system” in this regard.

I wonder if the former in-laws had reported the threats previous to Sunday’s tragedy.

• I must correct myself here. An article on Drudge from the NYT has the following opening that indicates the shooters Discharge Status was not entered into the Federal Database. This would have been the “backstop” that would have prevented him from purchasing a firearm, at least through legal methods.
      “A day after a gunman massacred parishioners in a small Texas church, the Air Force admitted on Monday that it had failed to enter the man’s domestic violence court-martial into a federal database that could have blocked him from buying the rifle he used to kill 26 people.

Under federal law, the conviction of the gunman, Devin P. Kelley, for domestic assault on his wife and toddler stepson — he had cracked the child’s skull — should have stopped Mr. Kelley from legally purchasing the military-style rifle and three other guns he acquired in the last four years.”

15. Lucille says:

EXCLUSIVE: Texas Massacre Hero, Stephen Willeford, Describes Stopping Gunman | Louder With Crowder
    StevenCrowder

16. Apfelcobbler says:

Both heroes were interviewed on CNN. Turns out that Mr. Langendorf also had the presence of mind to block traffic (once the shooter’s car stopped) to keep other people away from danger. They were both at great danger themselves, but handled the entire incident flawlessly.

Anderson Cooper asked Mr. Langendorf if there were any shots fired after the vehicle stopped and he replied there were not. When did the suspect shoot himself? I would assume that both men witnessed the entire episode when the cops got there. It’s clear that it was Mr. Willeford’s fire that did the job, even if it is possible the shooter shot himself before his car stopped.

17. Mike diamond says:

This Kelly dude makes me sick what a shame our prayers are with the families of these dear church people ! Thank God for the two that chased him down! And shot this evil Kelly dude!!.

18. Pam says:

• cycle1 says:

• Patriot1783 says:

lol 😂😂😂
        “Dems calling Trump Administration to investigate.”
        ain’t that a hoot Dems want Trump to investigate something that concerns them immediately yet can’t do a thing for his administration in 11 months.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

As a reminder to the Democrats whining about this; it was the Obama Defense Department that let things like this slide.

• BO Sucks says:

Investigate something that happened on Obama’s watch. Nothing ever was entered into the data base on him for each crime he committed after that. The military has a long history of not reporting crimes by military personnel. It’s a military thing they say, not civilian. They cover their own asses. May be this will change after the latest incident of a military person discharged without honor.

• BO Sucks says:

This happened on Obama’s watch. No one reported any of his violent and cruel activities when apprehended, tried, and convicted. It seems strange that no one put him in any of the data bases which would have prevented him from purchasing a gun. Then when all is done the perpetrator blows him self away. This incident is similar to the Vegas Shooting incident in that the shooter commits suicide after his murder spree.

19. Pam says:

20. Donna in Oregon says:

George Soros has placed a scourge over our country. Pray the Psalms….ask for divine intervention.

Psalm 143:12

And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

Psalm 37

12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.

21. Pam says:

22. Blood is on Air Force hands, failed to notify FBI, so he was able to buy guns.

• JohnP says:

I don’t believe it was an accident that the Air Force never notified NCIS. Somebody thought they were “helping out a brother” or somebody got paid not to. Either way the law was broken and people died because of it.

23. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I received this update tonight from the VCDL. Texas laws need to be changed. The shooter probably knew that the church was a “gun free zone.”

This is the update from the VCDL or Va. Citizens Defense League, a pro-gun advocacy group.

Sadly, but not surprisingly, there was yet another massacre in a “gun-free zone” – a church in Texas. The good news is that an armed citizen stopped the murderer from creating further carnage by shooting the bad guy as he exited the church.

What we know about the massacre:

1) Texas law makes churches gun-free zones:

PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.

(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder’s person:
    (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

[NOTE: Texas law does make an exception to prosecution if the church has not posted a particular sign to remind the public that carry there is prohibited. It’s not clear if the church was posted, but either way it was not legal to carry there, hence no one was able to shoot back inside the church.]

2) The murderer was not legally able to own a firearm due to a dishonorable discharge from the military for domestic violence.

3) The murderer went through a background check to purchase a rifle, lied on the application by saying he was not disqualified from owning a firearm and said he lived in Colorado.

4) The good guy engaged the murderer with a long gun of his own, causing the murderer to drop his rifle and to flee in a motor vehicle.

5) The good guy asks an individual in a truck to help him pursue the murderer. Chase speeds reach 95 mph.

6) Bad guy crashes and then either kills himself or dies from gun shot wounds from the previous exchange with the good guy.

What We Know About the Texas Murderer

24. Bastards like this one should be flagged when trying to buy a gun.

• BO Sucks says:

He committed further crimes of violence and cruelty after that and noting was ever put in the databases about him. His record was clean and that is why he was able to become a deep state killing machine

25. mari says:

26. Billy Jack Galt says:

I’m confused here. Sentenced to one year in prison for at the very least aggravated assault on a Minor and more likely Attempted Homicide. Is it time to discuss the sham that is the U.S. Military judicial system?

Oh and by the way, how about the Bergdahl sentencing????

• BO Sucks says:

The military takes care of their own. Few crimes of violence by military personnel are reported to civilian authorities. It’s a military thing they say. Even his sprees of violence after this were not reported. His record is clean so he became a deep state killing machine.

27. AghastInFL says:

Someone help me out if you can…
    Last night the News reported on the latest Press Conference from TX, mentioned therein was this kernel of information:
    “Law enforcement collected hundreds of shell casings, 15 magazines with 30 rounds each, at the scene of the shooting.”

Now this morning EVERY News agency is reporting ‘450 rounds fired inside the church…’ well as I read the statement, that’s not what it says at all, it doesn’t say empty magazines (although at least one agency “NewsMax” reports it as such).
    I can’t keep up with every report so perhaps I missed something, if I did please help a guy out, if not…

28. andyocoregon says:

Leave it to the loony left politicians to politicize what should be a solemn moment to honor the victims of a mass shooting. This was just as offensive as the NFL sitters, IMO.
    And exactly how does he intend to enforce an “assault weapons ban”? Will he volunteer to go door to door to collect them from their current owners? Yeah, I want to see that, ha ha.

29. Lon Spector says:

See that piece of garbage unleashed his mayhem in the great state of Texas, and he was put down
    quickly like the animal he was, by an armed Christian.
    If something like this occurred in liberal N.Y., the beast would STILL be on the lose slaughtering
    women and children.
    When are we going to learn that liberalism is the religion of Satan. When we’re one minute away
    from death?

30. BO Sucks says:

His record was clean so he was able to become a deep state killing machine. War by the deep state against christians has been going on for nearly two thousand years.