Fall Back 1 Hour – Don’t Forget To Change Your Clocks

Most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time (spring forward) at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March, and reverts to standard time (fall back) on the first Sunday in November.

Don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour today, November 5th, 2017.

This entry was posted in Treehouse Tips, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Fall Back 1 Hour – Don’t Forget To Change Your Clocks

1. WSB says:

I just so love this! Thank you, Sundance and your family!

We should not have to change our clocks back, but since we do…I would rather do it with you!

2. Minnie says:

Extra hour of sleep!!

Wooo Hoooo 🙂 🙂

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

What’s sleep anyway? I would like to have a restful nights sleep.

• auscitizenmom says:

I have had a problem sleeping through the night since I was about 15 yrs old. I am 72 now. I developed problems with my legs and feet and finally went to a massage therapist who does reflexology. After one session, most of my leg and feet problems went away and to my surprise I started sleeping 7 and 8 hours. I have never, ever slept that long. Usually 5 if I manage to sleep through the night at all. I can’t guarantee it will help, but it sure did a lot for me.

• Sentient says:

Time for an extra cup of covfefe before church.

• Leah Emmerich says:

Well, I had quite an embarrassing day today. Last night I was on Fox News website. There was new on a church shooting, yet another Islamic terror attack in New York, and other information that we need to keep up-to-date on. However, nothing about the time change. I went to bed knowing I had to work at Staples the next day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This morning, I woke up to my 8 a.m. alarm, took a shower, ate cereal, then drove to the store. It was approaching ten minutes after 10 a.m. according to my watch. My boss and other co-workers are late, and I can’t get into the building to help open. I ran to Starbucks in the Strip Mall, purchased coffee, and told them that I was waiting to get into my store but everyone is late and can’t reach anyone. I was then told to my surprise and everyone laughing in hysterics at Starbucks that it was only 9:15 a.m. It was not mention on Fox News, and I didn’t see anything about it in the local paper either. When my boss showed up and saw me waiting at 9:45 a.m., he said “Hi Leah, Happy Daylight Savings Time.” At least I made some peoples’ day. LOL. Then before we opened at 11:00 a.m., customers were coming in droves to find us still closed thinking it was 11:00 a.m. when it was really only 10:10 a.m. At least I wasn’t the only one.

3. A2 says:

Very funny. I sit close to the Tropic of Cancer. No time change for me. I always have to check when communicating with Europe or the US on time changes. Did Greenwich close down GMT, like Morse code?

Happy extra sleep time.

• Rex Brocki says:

GMT is now called UTC (that’s a horrible oversimplification over which my fellow tech geeks will no doubt excoriate me, but it’s true for any ordinary, no-need-to-worry-about-milliseconds time concerns).

4. Russtovich says:

GMT is still there (or still observed). Right now the UK is on GMT. Come March 25th next year they will go on Daylight Savings Time (DST). 🙂

5. rumpole2 says:

Not so fast……. if you are in Hawaii….. stay as you are 🙂

6. USA loves Melania says:

7. rumpole2 says:

Oh noes…. I had to wait an extra hour for Tucker and Hannity on Fox when NZ clocks changed… and now yet ANOTHER hour!!!
    And to make matters worse I get to watch the 11:00AM and mid-day shows on fox… tell me NOTHING is worse than Shep Smith!!

• auscitizenmom says:

I DVR all the evening shows and watch them the next day (instead of Shep………{spit}).

• amwick says:

I taped Judge Jeanine and somehow the actual show was Greg Gutfeld. It wasn’t a total loss, Scott Adams was on… I have no idea how that happened.

Annnnnd.. I set my clock back, then it set itself back, so I was two hours off..

• rumpole2 says:

I was watching Fox live.
        Scheduled Judge Jeanine show started… but Trump arrival in Japan meant they crossed to Japan. By the time that live coverage ended… it was well into the Scheduled Gutfeld hour… I think they picked up the Gutfeld show with just 10 minutes left… with Scott Adams interviewed by Greg.

8. Troublemaker10 says:

😀

9. itswoot says:

“If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that I’d like to do…
    >snip<
    But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do once you find them"

– Jim Croce

10. jeans2nd says:

Daylight Savings Time – another Congressional debacle.

“on the 35-mile stretch of highway (Route 2) between Moundsville, W.V., and Steubenville, Ohio, every bus driver and his passengers had to endure seven time changes”
    They passed a law (1918), then repealed it, then passed another law, then repealed it, then passed another law, then amemded it…

DST discriminates against 40-hr-nonstop insomniacs lolol.
    Just leave me and my clock alone! 😉

Thx 4 the reminder, much obliged.

11. lastinillinois says:

Fall BACK?!?!?!

I thought it was time to ‘fall forward’, and in a few months we ‘spring back’???

Great, now I have to change the clocks AGAIN, 1 hour forward.
    Or is that now 2 hours forward?

Wait ……..

12. filia.aurea says:

I forgot.

13. bluegirl says:

My internal clock normally gets me up at 5:00 am, so of course this morning it was 4:00 am. By the time my internal clock adjust, it will be time to spring forward……………..Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!!!!

Thanks for the reminder!!!!

14. comradewhoopie says:

Time is relative. If moving the hands of the clock somehow saves energy, why not move them 2 or 3 hours and save even more? We live in a 24/7 world now, even farmers use artificial lighting. I’m sick of Leftists thinking they can change reality with word games.

• RedBallExpress says:

You are exactly right and I post this every year. Farmers could care less about where a clock is set. It’s use on the farm is to orchestrate the work and to facilitate the limited interaction farmers have with the outside world such as church and school and business. They still get up and quit in relation to daylight and the work at hand. It wouldn’t make a bit of difference what the clock said as long as everyone on the farm set their clock the same.

15. thetrain2016 says:

From now, leave the clock alone! Stop this madness!

16. rvsueandcrew says:

I’m retired. No clock. Have a nice day!

17. Janice says:

Loved the musical trip down memory lane. Everyone have a great day!

18. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I resent it getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. And since I still only sleep about 5 hours a night, I’ll be very tired by this evening. My diner hour will be messed up for a few days. as I won’t be hungry at the right time. I love DLS time. Wish it could stay light until 9PM every day of the year. Enough complaining. It is what it is. Thanks, Sundance.

19. Pam says:

Forget the extra hour of sleep. I woke up around 4am ET this morning and had trouble going back to sleep. LOL

20. Michael says:

Hey everyone I have a ‘bright’ idea!
    Let’s cut one end off a rope and tie it to the other end and we will all have A LONGER ROPE!
    You can also take money from one account and put it in another and therefore have more money!
    it’s government policy there is no reason and can’t be changed

21. reverence1 says:

We had it already last October weekend, so I am already used to the new time now, go to work, its just getting light (will change soon) and come home, when its dark … I would prefer DST all year long, the long summer evenings can be really enjoyable.
    In Europe DST was introduced during the oil-crisis in the seventies. I remember, my father bought a smal moped, he was so afraid (still from the war) he would get no petrol …
    Funny enough I met an ex-sailor yesterday, who had worked on an oil tanker, and I mentioned this and he said: there was no real shortage of oil at that time, the suez canal was closed and they would slowly sail around Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) and then they would idle outside Rotterdam port to wait until prizes went even further up …

22. Zilla says:

Yay! My wristwatch & car radio clock are again showing the correct time! Thy had been an hour behind since spring because I won’t change them knowing that this day would come!

23. dayallaxeded says:

Move it 30 minutes and leave it, dammit! or just leave daylight savings in place – i like seeing the sun rise and having light later in the evening. Better for BBQing.

24. jello333 says:

I actually tried this early this morning… but it didn’t work. 😦 So I just went ahead and set back all the clocks the hard way, manually, one by one. (I really believed in you, Superman. 😦 )