U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson delivered remarks today together with his Belgian counterpart against the backdrop of yesterday’s New York City terrorist attack.

[Transcript] SECRETARY TILLERSON: Good morning, all. I want to welcome Deputy Prime Minister Reynders of Belgium to the State Department. It’s a pleasure to have you here.

FOREIGN MINISTER REYNDERS: Thank you.

SECRETARY TILLERSON: I do want to make a comment on yesterday’s events in New York City. Of course, we extend our condolences to the families and loved ones of all the victims. This has turned out to be – have been an international event in terms of the victims themselves. We now know we have one Belgian citizen who died in the attack yesterday and five Argentinian citizens, and we have additional Belgian citizens that were injured as well.

We really stand in complete solidarity with Belgium, Argentina, and all other countries against these acts of terrorism. Once again we’ve seen the evil face of terror in our own borders, but this is a face that knows no borders. And certainly, Belgium, Europe, and other countries have had to deal with this evil that confronts us from time to time. We welcome and appreciate the strong coalition of all partners in this fight against terrorism globally, and we will continue that fight until we can eliminate this threat to all American citizens and our friends and allies around the world as well.

So again, thank you, Deputy Prime Minister. Appreciate you coming to see us.

FOREIGN MINISTER REYNDERS: Thank you. Thank you very much for such a welcome. I’m very pleased to come back here to the State Department.

And unfortunately, I was yesterday in New York and I have listened just before to take a train to Washington some information about a terrorist attack, and I expressed my solidarity and the solidarity of Belgium to the American people and the American authorities. And then I have received information about the fact that we have lost a young Belgian woman of 31 years old, and then we have seen that it was also (inaudible) three injured people in the different hospitals.

I want to first thank the American authorities for the first aid services, the medical services, and all the different actions it was possible to organize just after the terrorist attack.

Of course, we are sharing the same kind of situation in Europe or in the U.S. or in other part of the world, and we try to fight together against terrorism. We are in the same coalition against Daesh, we fight to rebuild some countries in the world, but I’m sure that we need also to exchange the best practices to fight against radicalization, homegrown terrorism, homegrown violent extremism. It’s a real fact. We have seen that in London, in Berlin, in Paris and Nice, and also in Belgium, and now again in the U.S.

So I am very pleased to listen from you about the condolence of all the families because I have had some people on the phone since yesterday. And I want to assure you that we will continue to work together and to fight together against terrorists. It’s a global challenge and it’s very important to stay together in such a very dramatic situation. Thank you.

SECRETARY TILLERSON: Thank you. Thank you, thank you very much.

QUESTION: Mr. Secretary, should the U.S. suspend the Diversity Visa Lottery?

SECRETARY TILLERSON: I believe that’s all a part of the legislation that’s being considered. Thank you.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, New York, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson Discusses NYC Terrorist Attack With Belgian Foreign Minister…

1. NO NATION BUILDING, JUST KILL ALL TERRORIST PERIOD.
    and a good place to START, IS RIGHT HERE IN THE USA.

2. I like the idea of stopping all immigration for 50 years.
    It has been done before and it’s a necessary step in allowing different cultures to fully assimilate into American culture.

3. fleporeblog says:

Such a shame that these tourist from Belgium 🇧🇪 and Argentina 🇦🇷 had to die while visiting NYC. I absolutely don’t blame their citizens if they say that NYC is off limits. I have consistently told my wife that if she ever wants to go to Europe again, it would only be to Poland 🇵🇱. I know they are doing everything they can to not let Muslims into their country and they are devoted to God.

4. GREENMIRROR says:

Seems that Belgium & Argentina should be able to get a shot at sayfullof butterknife and his pals.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

One US political party has been consistently soft on Islamic Terrorism for the past 25 years. The docudrama miniseries “The Path to 9/11” only aired once and has been prevented from going to DVD by the corporate leftwing mob for over a decade.

• maiingankwe says:

I never heard of this mini series before nor all of the hoopla it involved. The men who worked on this docu-drama seemed quite shocked how the msm could control the narrative through their blatant lies and destructive hit pieces on so many of them. It was hard for them to understand how so many people fell for it. Now they know, and I’m sure they have seen it so many times and done to so many others through their years since this mini-drama.

I would’ve preferred Part One, but it didn’t take too long to put the pieces together in what was going on. The hag and her hubby did not like or want their precious followers to learn 9/11 could’ve been prevented if billy had done his job and protected our country by taking bin ladin out any of the ten times he was asked. Our Soldiers had him time and again, and billy did nothing. Follow the money to find the reasons why. I’m sure he tells himself if it wasn’t bin ladin it would’ve been another. However, bin ladin had a great deal of money, more so than others. In addition, I wonder how many of our Soldiers would still be alive today if we had taken the bastard out in the nineties. There is a great deal of blood on his hands along with his wife’s.

I am still naive enough to be shocked how they can walk so freely and continue with their destructive ways. The only balm I have is knowing they will pay for eternity in their passing.

Thank you for sharing this clip with us.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The full 5-part explanation of the ongoing Democrat/FakeNews censorship
          is at least temporarily available up on Utube. (Made in 2008)

Here’s the specific scene the ClintonSyndicate didn’t want broadcast.

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you! I never thought you tube would’ve had it up. I guess I should’ve looked before assuming.
            I do want to say, thank you again for posting this for all of us. Some of us are still learning of our past. Your help has been greatly appreciated.
            Ma’iingankwe

• Troublemaker10 says:

That was an excellent mini-series. I’m so mad it hasn’t been released on dvd. I keep checking though. Maybe they’ll release it when they release the jfk assassination documents. 😀

• David says:

Shalom from Your Israeli brother. I agree with the statement above 100%.
      See video

• olderwiser21 says:

Wow! That is absolutely awesome! Thanks, walther…..

5. mazziflol says:

Something going on in Colorado. Billing it as a ‘mass shooting’, but the last casulty count I saw was 1 dead, 1 wounded.

6. Carrie2 says:

Gee, Conservative Treehouse why are my comments not accepted? No vulgar or profane language, nothing nasty stated but every time today my comments are not allowed on any of The Last Refue sites.

• G. Combs says:

It happens.
      There are threads where even my ‘test’ disappears never to be seen again.
      It is the Word Imperfect Gremlins. Certain words and websites are censored and have been for the last three years.

We did an experiment at another website a couple years ago and the comment goes directly to TRASH and not moderation.

7. POP says:

TRex can’t be serious, Belgium is one of the original dhimmi nations.

Might as well discuss the matter with Pakistan.

8. quintrillion says:

No comments on Tillerson’s eyes during his comments to press. His eyes were darting all over the place.

• Alligator Gar says:

Smart man. I always keep mine on swivel in public these days.

• chbailey says:

Well the cameras generally do not pan. They freeze on the speakers and we are not allowed to see what they see. It is claustrophobic censoring through omission imo. Who are the camera media? Whether its the Rose Garden, a rally, a press conference, whatever, the camera is on the speaker. It gets very tedious.

9. Bendix says:

I like this pick. I like that picture too.
    There will be no mealy mouthed apologies from this SoS, he will state what needs to be said, firmly.
    I’m ashamed that a Belgian woman couldn’t even get away from destructive globalist policies in New York.

10. dayallaxeded says:

Remember right after 9/11/01 when European and other allies and even civilized nations who weren’t allies (RUS, PRC, iirc) said they were with us and Shrub said with seeming resolve, “You’re either with us or against us!” Well now there’s a whole lot of blood on everyone’s hands who completely squandered that unanimity and the opportunity it provided to move aggressively against the pisslamists. The recent “advances” in KSA should’ve and could’ve happened then, over 16 years ago, as an example. Syria and virtually every terror attack in EU, Israel, and the US since 9/11 can be attributed in large part to the failure of civilized nations, especially the USA, to get serious, isolate, and destroy pisslamism forever.