October 20th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #274

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,094 Responses to October 20th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #274

1. Regina says:

• Dee Lewis says:

It seems that no matter what the other side does, they will never be held accountable. There is no swamp to be drained. More like oceans and oceans.it goes way to deep, and one man alone cannot do it. It seems even the Presidents associates don’t want to get their hands dirty and with the MSM not telling the sheeple what is really going on, nobody I’ll know or care. False flags, racial division, riots, whatever it will take to get what they want the Democrats will do, and with the RINO’s looking to keep getting their palms greased, they could care less.

• chojun says:

The nature of the swamp is that there is so much entropy therein that it requires a constant inflow of corruption and graft to maintain itself. Just cutting off a few of those streams, such as lobbyists, or lobbyist-controlled politicians, will seriously endanger the swamp.

If Trump sticks to his guns and continues firing full broadsides into the swamp then it will dry up before long. 2018 is a critical year for the swamp. We have to primary the intransigent Republicans in the Senate, and win those battles against the Democrats. After 2018, if we’re successful, the lobby will switch over to Democrats and I think it’s possible they might go into the 2020 race with some large resources. If we experience electoral victory across the board in 2020 then the swamp will dry up.

• Coldeadhands says:

THIS ⬆️⬆️⬆️!!!
          “The nature of the swamp is that there is so much entropy therein that it requires a constant inflow of corruption and graft to maintain itself. Just cutting off a few of those streams, such as lobbyists, or lobbyist-controlled politicians, will seriously endanger the swamp”

2018 WILL be a water shed in upping the fear factor for sitting Congress Critters

• Thecleaner says:

I have observed that 2 big Trump supporters have been noticeably silent on all of this Clinton stuff lately…Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie…both prosecutors…Christie’s term is coming to and end in NJ….If they came out snd offered opinions on this stuff publicly, they could be deemed to have a conflict of interest in investigating and prosecuting the Clinton / Obozo crime syndicate if called upon to act as special prosecutors…quiet is good….also the most political damage can be done by waiting until spring to bring indictments on half the Democrat party and the skunk Republicans who are no doubt involved…drop it a few months before the 2018 midterms and orchestrate a constant flow of leaks to destroy them all would be the best thing imho.

• Howie says:

I hear a rumor Rudy is to replace Coats as DNI. Can’t recall where I heard that. Keep an eye on Coats. Something smells fishy.

• Thecleaner says:

I think Trump wants to make certain that white hats are riding shotgun on this…everybody currently in place seems to be either compromised or inept…hes gonna get one shot to pull off a complete takedown with this…if done right the swamp draining is expedited by a decade

• Coldeadhands says:

“Quiet is good” ideological death on the down low is just as dead as high publicity death.
          Kind of reminds me of beekeepers smoking a hive to fool the bees vs. going in gangbusters and triggering emergency pheromones.

2. Regina says:

3. Regina says:

4. Regina says:

5. Howie says:

One of the good things about Trump is he defeats one of the leftists favorite schemes. The everybody does it defense. We just agree, yes, they are all crooks.

6. Regina says:

• magatrump says:

It just galls me beyond belief when I read about Holder saying anything. I mean the guy should be in jail. Pray for justice!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Hilarious! A disgraced crook boss comes to the defense of the disgraced crook underling who should have arrested him!

Dear Corrupt Sixties Radical Club,

…You are corrupt sixties radicals. We noticed.

Signed,

AMERICA

7. Regina says:

• Ray Titus says:

Nice thought, but Lola is forgetting that the government is controlled by people who refuse to work for the American citizens and instead work for the globalist big money donors who keep them in office. The last thing they want to do or plan to do is work for the voters.

8. Regina says:

• joninmd22 says:

IL lost jobs in a period when companies are hiring.

No one is surprised at this.

• Jim says:

Obama…the gift that just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving…

• n1ghtcr4wler says:

probably the number of people with a job that moved to another state

• stillers213 says:

Perhaps Soros’ media matters bots and antifa lemmings are giving up. The other possibility is that they figured the destruction of Illinois is complete so they’re moving on to infect another state.

• Not surprising. My entire life I have had to watch as businesses close, people move out, jobs disappear, roads fall apart, and home prices collapse. I have witnessed abandonment consume portions of a city like an infectious disease all while listening to politicians year after year demanding more revenue in the form of taxes. I had sincere hope that something, anything, would change for us here after President Trump was elected, but it would appear that our own leadership (state and local) will not let that happen. Instead, as federal burdens on business fall and the stock market soars, it seems to just accelerate our disastrous decline.

I don’t know what it would take to fix this mess, all I can say is that I’m deeply heartbroken. 😦

• AmericaFirst says:

When Rauner was elected Governor I really thought that he was sincere in wanting to try and turn things around: The Madigan people and the legislature and the Unions have fought him at every turn, and lately, it seems like he has followed the old adage: “If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.”

• dilonsfo says:

This is exactly what happened to Arnold Schwarzenegger.in California. He started out great but after the unions and legislature fought him every day and voters let him down on key propositions….he caved and became one of them.

• mopar2016 says:

Illinois is irretrievably lost, and it’s all by design. It’s all intentional
        The Chinese own the Chicago Stock Exchange.
        And that shouldn’t be allowed.

• AmericanDeplorable says:

2 Chronicles 7:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is the one and only solution, if we the people would only heed it. No President can fix this mess, no politician can. Only God can drain the swamp and fix this mess. Only God can stop the evil that is happening in this country. Only God can make America great again. Whether He will, I believe, is entirely up to whether or not His people, myself included, will humble themselves before Him, genuinely repent and turn from their sins and ask God for forgiveness. I believe that this is what it would take to fix this mess.

• chojun says:

Lol only Illinois could buck the trend of an otherwise outstanding jobs trend throughout the United States.

• bob says:

Missouri has the opposite problem. We are growing jobs. Of course our state and property taxes are half of Il, and our tobacco, alcohol and gas taxes are the lowest in the Union. We do have twice as many roads as Illinois, so one might wonder how we do it?

9. lizzieintexas says:

Say a prayer.
    Residents of the Rockport area were shaken by what witnesses describe as an explosion around 4:30 Friday morning.

The Rockport police department has confirmed that the Coast Guard is working a tanker on fire offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, near Aransas Pass.

The ocean-going tanker, carrying 140,000 barrels of crude oil, was waiting to cross the sand bar with assistance from a tug boat when the incident occurred.

The Coast Guard says six crew members have been pulled away safely and **two crew members are currently unaccounted for at this time**.”

10. bflyjesusgrl says:

Petition to support Trump/Pence and donate if you wish.

11. TexasRanger says:

Jeff Sessions Talks About His Recusal

AG Attorney General Jeff Sessions Takes No Responsibility For DOJ Actions What So Ever Except To Say On Advice of DOJ (Obama Admin) Ethics Officials, That He Should Recuse Himself From Any and All Russian and Clinton Related Investigations.

Sessions whole heatedly took the Obama officials advice. These are the same Advisers that advised Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch. So, President Trump Is Stuck With That Mistake and With AG Jeff Sessions For Now.!

Sessions is not only Not the DOJ Team Captain or even The Batter, but he’s not even in the Ball Park on The Russian and Clinton Investigations.! This person-Sessions is a Sell-Out for President Trump and The American People.!

Sessions has done nothing to bring justice for America or help President Trump Drain The Swamp and MAGA.!

Trump had high hopes that the guy was strong and had great ambition for justice – but time and events proved he was wrong and Sessions was weak and clueless in the fight to Drain the Swamp and MAGA.

Breaking News Today Video 03:44 Minutes Oct-18-2017;

Jeff Sessions The Recuser Attorney General AG of The United States.! Jeff Sessions Excuses Himself From All AG Responsibility and The Leftist Liberal Democrats Just Love Him For It.!

• tazz2293 says:

I can’t listen. I am just too sick to continue.

My God what an unmitigated disaster.

• Jim in TN says:

Did anybody in the Obama DOJ ever recuse themselves? I am very interested in how these same ethics people advised Lynch, Comey and McCabe on investigating Shrillery.

• Sylvia Avery says:

nope, never

And please notice Jeff Sessions said it would be up to the honorable Rod Rosenstein to recuse himself if he felt he needed to do so. But all we have heard is crickets from Rod Rosenstein.

• singingsoul says:

Session is a paper tiger looks good on paper but not in reality. The same people who love Moore in Alabama are the same people who think Session is great. I think that should tell us something about discernment.
      I believe Trump wanted to firer Session but Bannon talked him out of it. To me that tells me a lot about Bannon.

• indiamaria2020 says:

“What has Jeff Sessions done to serve justice or help President Trump Drain the Swamp or MAGA – Make America Great Again.?”

Operation Broken Heart, Sanctuary City funding, Travel Ban legal work, demolition of MS-13, Biggest Internet Drug Cartel destroyed, National MediCaid Fraud Ring destroyed, hundreds of judges hired, and detention centers opened to handle deportations. All in 7 months. But other than that, you are right, not a thing…….At least that you know of. Some of this histrionic exaggeration and bleating might prove true. Then again, might not.

• piper567 says:

How do you think Congress might confirm Session’s replacement?
        I think I heard Mitch say Congress would not do this.
        Talk ab obstruction !!!
        we must get rid of these openly treasonous congressional members.
        Can Trump appoint an Interim AG, and just keep him/her on board?

• tazz2293 says:

Who has Sessions fired?
        How has Sessions helped to drain the swamp?
        Stopping MS-13 and Medicare Fraud is great, when might he have time to fix DOJ and return the rule of law to our would be rulers?

Then there is this. What does he know about all this and when will he bring the hammer down on his fellow esteemed colleagues?

• andi lee says:

Texas Ranger, why are you pushing falsehoods here?

Sessions recusal was based on Al Franken’s setup of fake news MSM. Franken blindsided Sessions in his confirmation hearing. Franken attempted his allegations again but the savy AG Sessions wasn’t having any on it.
      👇

(Another video, will try to locate, is Chairman Grassley calling out Al Franken, as setting Sessions up.)

Do I need to remind, only *39%* of POTUS nominees have been *approved*. It is unprecedented in 200+ years! Historic!

👉 CONGRESS 👈 Not Sessions!

• Howie says:

What was the basis of his vast recusal? If it was applied in a uniform manner across the DOJ and Federal Bench there could never be a trial of any sort, for any offense. Absurd.

• andi lee says:

Your memes & jpegs are great, Howie. You’re really good at those, Howie. Not so much on providing the board, facts.

• joninmd22 says:

He’s exactly right on this. How does recusal on Russian collusion extend to not investigating Uranium One which it’s apparent Sessions has no will to undertake.

There is no plausible expansion that covers not investigating Racketeering alleged to the Clinton’s.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think I figured it out. Rosenstein has not taken an improper action yet. The improper action will be NOT RECUSING HIMSELF.

Sessions has given Rod an honorable way out. If Rosenstein doesn’t take it, Sessions can fire him.

• Howie says:

Remember ‘in any way’ in any way legally means…in any way. Any way at all. Clinton was in the campaign. He can’t touch her in any way for any reason. This iss why I hit the roof to begin with. I know what a legal recusal is. Most do not understand it or have any idea what it means. I try to tell but no go. Just anger directed my way for some reason. Frustrating. Now I have to sit and watch it play out live in front of my screen. Uggggh.

• joninmd22 says:

No anger from me, Howie, but we’re going to have to stick to our guns until others come to the same conclusion from Sessions continuing to do nothing. Sundance appears to agree and that’s a huge vote in our favor.

I could stand to be wrong on Sessions but in my heart i know ‘m not.

He is a representative of a dysfunctional organization there to support it’s continued existence.

I’ve Got your back, brother.

• Sandra-VA says:

It is way past the point of absurd. I really like Sessions and love how he supported President Trump. I had hoped that he had some plan for that which he recused from but it is becoming abundantly clear that there isn’t one. He will not touch anything to do with Clinton, regardless of whether it is to do with the campaign or not. This is EXACTLY what the swamp wanted – they knew how to neuter him and they did it very effectively. Whomever advised President Trump to appoint Sessions as AG instead of to DHS is in on this kabuki theater. They had to have known the DoJ ethics with regard to matters related to political campaigns.

He really is useless in this regard, due to the recusal. Very sad.

The worst part is how the entire Senate went along with the neutering by staying in session as to thwart a Presidential appointment for a replacement, “just in case he fired Sessions”. That, to me, speaks volumes as to how deep this particular matter goes. They are ALL afraid of the outcome of a real investigation.

• andi lee says:

Here is that video. Grassley’s “it was a ‘got-you’ question” response to Franken. Purely, a setup.

• PDQ says:

So PDJT and Sessions are completely disconnected?
      I find that hard to believe…PDJT is Session’s boss…

12. darren says:

To think, I used to defend ‘Dubya’.

I know… I know…. he is a globalist… a neocon. His daddy and the rest couldn’t wait to put Reagan on the airplane back home. They built our current corrupt bipartisan system where the corporate interest had direct access.

I feared these things secretly but thought that they still had our conservative values in their hearts. I think I’m mostly pissed because ‘Dubya’ remained silent during Obama. And now comes out swinging at Trump. Hate can not describe my feelings accurately for him and the rest of the establishment. I hate them more than the democrats.

• andyocoregon says:

I share your contempt for G.W. Bush. In all 8 years of Obama’s presidency, he refused to comment on his decisions while stating he felt it wasn’t right for prior presidents to give their opinions publicly about their successor. It seemed he was taking the high road. Now we see Bush criticizing President Trump during his first year in office. That totally destroys any sense of honor he proclaimed and shows he will take the low road when it is convenient for him to do so.
      It’s obvious the Bush Family is still butthurt after Jeb Bush spent $150 million in his failed attempt to run for president last year.

• Convert says:

Exactly. I am shocked that he did this, and it makes me sick to see the liberals who trashed him and lied about him and dehumanized him to the extreme all during his tenure now today talking about how great and smart and wonderful he is! They are so disgusting.

• singingsoul says:

Bush was responsible that many republicans voted for Obama because they hated him so much what he had done to this country and party.
          My friends were republicans and were very upset at the time and wanted to show him how much they loathed him. They regretted voting for Obama but there was not much choice republicans had given them to vote for. They believed that voting Obama would not be worse than GW.
          How wrong they were we went from the frying pan into the firer.
          Now that incompetent ex president behaves as if he is a pillar of ethical compass to lecture us about President Trump

• Sylvia Avery says:

The whole thing is a puke fest. Pardon my vulgarity, but I’ve cleaned it up the best I can.

• kea25252014 says:

See I’m sick of Rush when he was defending the bushes today and Mcshame as well. I prefer Mark Steyn to Rush any day.

• kea25252014 says:

Jeb Bush spent $150 million in his failed attempt to run for president last year.—- All I can say is ha ha and here’s your participation trophy

• Amazing how much smarter I got after finding CTH 😎

13. getfitnow says:

Has anybody noticed that Trump has appointed so many people of the highest quality to be in his administration? Here’s one – EPA chief, Scott Pruitt.

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

I have been very impressed with the people he’s appointed. I was actually unsure of how he would be when he got elected, so that has been really positive for me.

I also am so grateful for all the people who have been willing to go through all the crap they have had to for the confirmation. Who would want to go through all that? These are people who are successful in their own life without this, yet they have been willing to come and serve our country.

• We know Pruitt is doing a great job because the Enviro Blogs attack him relentlessly even when he isn’t doing anything.

14. Ghostrider says:

Ok, Sessions, either you find the way to unrevised yourself or resign. What’s it going to be?

15. Ghostrider says:

(unrecuse)

• Howie says:

Once recused you can not ‘unrecuse’ a recusal is final. He is in drydock for the duration.

• B Woodward says:

AG Sessions on March 2nd stated: “Having concluded those meetings today [with career Dept officials [appointed by Clinton, Bush, and Obama]], I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.”

Sessions should come out and say that Mueller is investigating issues that go beyond the matters in which he recused himself (such as President Trump’s business transactions going back to 2008 or earlier) and move to put Mueller in a box. Former chief assistant U.S. attorney Andrew McCarthy has indicated that Rosenstein should tell the special counsel what crimes he is permitted to investigate.

And when in the hell did Sessions recuse himself from investigating the 2009 crimes related to the corrupt Uranium One deal, as Session stated this week before Congress?

• Howie says:

They are related in some way to the campaigns, plural. Of course this begs the question. What in the wide world of sports was not related in ‘any’ way to the political campaigns? Those who gave him this advice were more conflicted than him. Exactly who are they? This is just so pathetic legally it has to be part of the scheme.

• H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

Is that “law” or your opinion?

• bandfreak22 says:

This just gives me a queasy feeling.

• bessie2003 says:

Yes, but we live in the age of redefinitions such as the meaning of what the word “is” is, perhaps we will learn of a new definition for recusal?

16. Harry Lime says:

Get your eye bleach ready…in fact you may want to stock up just a bit.

The videos of these freaks are far worse than the still images…RIP California.

• Trumpfan1 says:

So this is america? Oh god please!

• tazz2293 says:

I cannot imagine what God’s punishment will look like for these evil vile creatures

• AmericaFirst says:

We can’t stop this from happening, but what about the parents who willingly subject their children to it? Gaaaah, and I thought President Trump’s Administration was returning common sense to America, but seems some people are too far gone.

• Harry Lime says:

Seeing that woman with an infant in her arms dancing to that vile creature’s singing is truly heartbreaking. These are some of the same people who won’t let a single conservative voice be heard on their college campuses.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Matthew 18:1-7 says this:

18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

• Somebody says:

Oh Mark honey, Megyn was always a liberal and an opportunist.

• andi lee says:

Flaunting satan in our face.
      Not surprised by much anymore. Except, God promised to expose it. (With researching pizzagate last year, it nearly tore me apart. The kids. Gosh. Praying for the children, advocating for their rights is important, plus the criminal penalty, a slap on the wrist, is criminal negligence on Congress part. Intentional?
      I believe so.)

I see “grooming” everywhere now.

17. kinthenorthwest says:

These cities & countries are protecting criminals guilty of even more crimes than just crossing the border illegally.
    Sanctuaries Freeze Out Feds; ICE Fires Back

18. People should teeet grassley to continue ! Pressure works!

• I hope they keep him alive to testify!

• andi lee says:

Wondering if that person is George Webb’s missing Braverman.

• Sandra-VA says:

Braverman is not and never was missing… he got a university teaching position and showed up for that job. The whole time Webb was claiming he was missing, he was seen by people. This is why I cannot get into Webb’s “investigations” – he creates conspiracy where there is none, which, sadly, deflects from any actual crimes he uncovers.

That said, it could be that Braverman is the informant. He was there for only a short time and he was suspected of being disloyal as evidenced in the wikileaks emails.

• andi lee says:

Agree with your asessment of “George Webb”.

He deleted all his “crowd-source” videos, where he promised to share any “whislteblowing” rewards with the “crowd”, and promised he wasnt to take a dime of it. When JG -TtD, came onboard, I was officially done.

19. youme says:

A federal judge in San Francisco suggested on Thursday that insurance companies who face an imminent cutoff by the Trump Administration of subsidies for providing health coverage for lower-income people may have a legal right to get those payments anyway.

U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria made the suggestion as he posed a series of questions for lawyers to answer in advance of a hearing next Monday on whether the government must keep up those payments – the so-called “cost-sharing reduction payments” under the Affordable Care Act.

… he ordered a quick round of written briefs, and set a hearing for Monday afternoon. Then, today, he sent the lawyers a list of questions that they are to answer in those briefs. In one of those questions, the judge commented that “it appears that the government is now failing to meet its obligations” to make the payments, adding that this was either because Congress did not appropriate the money – the disputed constitutional issue – or because the government is refusing to make the payments that have been appropriated.

Then the judge raised this issue: “Is there any reason to doubt that the insurance companies would prevail in a Tucker Act lawsuit to recover the required reimbursements?” (The Tucker Act, which dates all the way back to 1887, surrenders the federal government’s usual immunity to being sued for its official actions, to allow lawsuits to recover money that it owes to someone but has not paid.)

• youme says:

The Lawsuit to Restore the Cost-Sharing Payments

…a group of 19 states asked a California district court to stop the Trump administration from cutting off the cost-sharing payments. To prevail, the states will have to convince the court that they face irreparable injury if the payments are terminated and that they’ve got a substantial likelihood of eventually winning their lawsuit.

To my mind, the states have a good case on irreparable injury. But their merits case is weaker. In their motion, the states make three arguments: (1) first, that the money to make the cost-sharing payments has been appropriated and that the Trump administration must therefore adhere to statutes and rules requiring payment; (2) that abruptly terminating the payments is arbitrary and capricious within the meaning of the Administrative Procedure Act; and (3) that President Trump has violated his constitutional duty to take care that the laws are faithfully executed.

There’s lots to say about each of these claims. But let me cut to the chase. I think the states can prevail on the second and third arguments only if they can win on the first—and they can’t, in my judgment, win on the first.

On the APA claim, I’m sympathetic to the states’ argument that the administration’s stated reason for cutting off the payments—that the money hasn’t been appropriated—is pretext. If the stated reason isn’t its real reason, that’s probably enough to make out an APA violation.

But what’s the remedy for that violation? Unless there’s an appropriation, the court can’t order the resumption of the payments: that would be tantamount to ordering the Trump administration to break the law. Any arbitrariness would be harmless because it wouldn’t change the bottom line that the payments are unlawful. The viability of the APA claim thus rises and falls on whether there is, in fact, an appropriation.

• I thought the House of Representatives sued the Obama administration over these payments on the grounds that they were illegal and won with a Supreme Court decision. So how can a judge now declare that the payments are legal and the state can sue to keep them when the Supreme Court already decided this issue? What am I missing?

• youme says:

The case never went to the Supreme Court. It was a lawsuit begun by the House of Representatives. The district court judge ruled the payments illegal. Obama appealed but then the House asked the appeals court to stay there ruling claiming the legislature will work it out.

As per that first article:
          “The Washington judge’s ruling against the payments is now under review by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

Although the Trump Administration has indicated that it intends to withdraw the government appeal in that case, because of the President’s cutoff of the funds, the D.C. Circuit has given a group of states – many of the same ones that sued in California over the issue – permission to enter the case in an effort to keep it alive.”

It now seems the DC circuit went rogue and want to put in their 2 cents

• Rejuvenated says:

Correct me if wrong, but we’ve had no budgets, just CRs, which means money wasn’t specifically appropriated for anything except in general terms to continue government functions. They shouldn’t have a leg to stand on, right?

• tazz2293 says:

Seeing as how the subsidy payments were obtained illegally; No they do not have standing to continue to receive those payments

• Blacksmith8 says:

at the “discretion of the Secretary” the amount of the payment shall be $0.
      as “determined by the Secretary” the amount of the payment shall be $0.
      Now where have I seen that language before????

• andi lee says:

Wow. An legal way to get illegal payments. Interesting case.

• Howie says:

40 acres and a mule!

20. tim glave says:

Moderators. Have I been blocked from commenting here? This morning I made a comment that said Prescott Bush was the first treasurer of planned parenthood. That is absolutely the truth. When has the truth been blocked from this site. I see rampant speculation with no true facts posted daily. If I am not allowed to speak truth I shall not darken the Tree house doorsteps again. Thank you all and good day.

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

I was trying to make a post this morning and tried on 3 different machines more times than I can count and none of the posts showed up. So I think something funky was going on.

I’m new to posting here (but have been lurking for a long time) so I don’t know too much about people being blocked, but it seems that people are allowed to say what they want as long as they are respectful, and links to new info is certainly appreciated.

Obviously you’re not blocked, because this post showed. So hopefully we’ll hear from you in the future. 🙂

• nimrodman says:

For folks concerned when comments don’t show up, refresh your browser – of course – but also check the URL your address bar is pointing at.

Often when commenting or replying I won’t see my comment right away. When I look at the address bar, it’s pointing to the article link but with some stuff appended at the end, either the comment number or if replying there’s a “replytocom=” string and then the comment number that I was replying to. Like this comment I’m presently doing has ?replytocom=4516820#respond appended to the end of the article link.

Again, my comment typically doesn’t show, I think even if I refresh.

But when I go up to the address bar and strip off that stuff appended at the end, strip it back to the simple article URL or at most the URL plus “commentpage” 2 or 3 or whatever if comments have gone multiple pages, and THEN refresh, I’ll see my comment. Typically, I’ll clear or delete cache and history before refreshing too.

I think what I’m seeing is some foible of WordPress when it points to comment numbers and “reply-to”s, and secondarily, refreshing may refresh from computer history sometimes without going out to the web and refreshing from there.

Beyond that, a comment not showing up doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re banned or the comment was deleted, nor that you’re “in moderation”.

There are trigger words that WordPress will use to interpret that your comment is spam or perhaps objectionable. I’ve had comments go automatically to spam jail and so now mispell certain words like r@pe. Maybe some insult words also trigger it, I dunno.

And more the 3 web links will knock the comment to spam jail. And once your first comment goes to spam jail, subsequent comments from you will go to jail also because WordPress has decided you’re spam. Maybe this gets cleared when your session ends or you clear history or restart your computer, I don’t know. I do know that Moderators kindly fish comments out of the spam bin and maybe they toggle your ID back to non-spam but I’m only speculating about the toggle.

I user IE11 on Windows10 at a desktop
      MMV

• nimrodman says:

… case in point, after I made this comment it returned me to URL

“https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/20/october-20th-2017-presidential-politics-trump-administration-day-274/comment-page-3/#comment-4518750

… which is the comment I just made with that 4518750 but my comment doesn’t show, not sure if that’s a foible of WordPress or my IE11 browser.

So I searched that page for “nimrodman” and it’s not found.

But when I strip off “#comment-4518750” and leave the article link and the “comment-page-3” appendage, hit RETURN and search page again, it takes me to my comment.

So that’s what I’m talking about. Next time you reply or comment and if you’re not seeing your comment on the page, check the URL in the address bar and see if there’s anything appended at the end that might need stripping off.

If comments have gone to multiple pages, don’t strip off the comment-page-3, for example, else just the raw article link will direct you to the last page of comments by default and if you’re comment is on earlier pages you won’t see it there on the last page.

Clear?

Not saying this is your cause, just that I’ve noticed it with my comments and replies and have learned from it, else I could misinterpret and think my comment went to spam jail. I’ve never had a comment deleted by Mods or been banned or suspended, but I have been to spam jail many times and have tried to learn what triggers it, there’ve been explanations by knowledgeable commenters here over the years.

And, again – many thanks to the Mods for jailbreaking us when needed.

21. Dora says:

22. listingstarboard says:

And just like that the Awan brothers scandal has disappeared .

23. Regina says:

24. Eric Kennedy says:

Did I mention before that I adore this man?

25. Pam says:

• lizzieintexas says:

I watched this – this morning live. Luke is soooo adorable. Definitely has the the Trump hair. LOL.

Anyone needing a baby “fix” it is well worth the watch.

26. Pam says:

27. BakoCarl says:

Major General John F. Kelly, White House Chief of Staff:

. . . when I listened to this woman and what she was saying, and what she was doing on TV, the only thing I could do to collect my thoughts was to go and walk among the finest men and women on this Earth. And you can always find them because they’re in Arlington National Cemetery. I went over there for an hour-and-a-half, walked among the stones . . .

Walking in Arlington

Sometimes, for thought, I’ll take a walk
    Where the heroes in Arlington lay.
    And though they’re dead and buried,
    Their silence has volumes to say.

Row after row of marble markers
    Give voice to those under the sod,
    A testament to their life and death
    In ways known only to God.

Sometimes I come for perspective,
    When nonsense has shaken my day.
    Sometimes I come for solitude,
    And sometimes to kneel and pray.

The sons and daughters of Arlington
    Represent America’s best.
    They stepped up and defended the gap,
    Protecting the world’s oppressed.

Through all the ravages of war,
    Through sweltering days and long dark nights,
    They fought for freedom and justice,
    Fixing the wrongs and setting things right.

Remember now, when you stand and pledge
    Or hear our National Anthem played,
    Our flag, our country and our God,
    And the selfless price these heroes paid.

They kept the faith and fought the fight;
    They gave their all to the very end.
    And greater love has no one than this:
    To lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

• lfhbrave says:

Retired 4-star general.

• bofh says:

Something further from Gen. Kelly yesterday:

…the only thing I could do to collect my thoughts was to go and walk among the finest men and women on this Earth. And you can always find them. Because they’re in Arlington National Cemetery. Went over there for an hour and a half, walked among the stones, some of whom I put there because they were doing what I told them to do when they were killed.

What a bluntly honest thing to say. No buck-passing, no whinging, no excuses. And no attempt to run away and try to forget it. That is an awesome weight to carry.

28. Howie says:

What we have here with Sessions/Muelley/Rosey is called ‘Selective prosecution for Political Gain’, and misconduct by the DOJ and FBI. It is all political starting with Sessions recusal and ongoing in the Muelley so called investigations. Complete with the leaks to the political weaponized Media outlets. It demands that the President use ‘The Nuclear Option’ in the public interest IMO. I think it is his duty. Let the chips fall where they may. State secrets are not worth destroying civil liberty in the USA I do not think. Bring it all in to the Sunlight.

• georgiafl says:

That’s the way it looks now – but when the time is right….. Sweep! Whap! BOOM!

• Howie says:

All civil libertarians, whether Democrat or Republican, should be concerned about the fishing net given to special counsel Robert Mueller. A criminal investigation should not be a fishing expedition or a search for criminal statutes that can be stretched to fit particular targets. Partisan politics should not blind us to the dangers of prosecutors with roving commissions to investigate “matters” rather than specific crimes.

• joninmd22 says:

georgiafl do you have any evidence of that?

the scenario that Howie is describing looks accurate. There are no secret Grand Juries and it’s only Grassley’s Senate Committee is inquiring about the matter.

• georgiafl says:

No actual evidence, just the way President Trump operates.

If the pattern holds – President Trump will expose them to the public where the only option for attorneys general, law enforcement, prosecutors and judges will be to deal with their crimes according to law.

• georgiafl says:

If President Trump isn’t going to make sure laws are enforced, then we have NO HOPE for CHANGE or justice.

The USA will be anarchy – just as $0r0$ and the evil Antifa/BLM/Islamists/Marxists want.

• joninmd22 says:

Civil war is a possibility but that’s not evidence but a desire for something. Soros , Antifa, etc doesn’t necessarily win there. I understand the need to try to avoid anarchy but I don’t see that happening.

President Trump is going to have to shame/force Sessions into doing something about the Clinton’s and the Uranium One case is an obvious place to start.

• Howie says:

The war would be within the states, not between.

• joninmd22 says:

Very true. It would be much worse than 1860-64 which is why it’s critical that the DoJ investigate the Clinton”s. That and the trial or resolution will be bad enough as it would expose the power structure of the Swamp and the culpability of the Republican party but to not investigate is far worse.

The festering reality of the Uniparty cannot be denied anymore nor concealed. One side or the other will have to triumph as we’ve gone too far away from constitutional rule.

There is no rose garden outcome here. Just a selection of less bad or more bad. I wish that weren’t so but don’t see a way out including going nuclear as you’ve mentioned.

Preemptively putting the left down is a less bad course of action.

• Howie says:

There was no probable cause. Just political shenannigins.

• tim glave says:

I agree Howie. It’s time to fire the entire top echelons of the doj. Go out in the country and find some untainted ag’s. If we are to remain a free country, the rule of law must apply to everyone.

• Jedi9 says:

I don’t think he has a choice! Something has to give sooner rather than later The only one who has cajones to seek actual justice is Grasserly. So in essence that is a small light trying to get through tiny prick holes that will eventually get bigger as more questions are asked. This is really a mess, as Mueller and Rodstein have to go, in fact the people should march into DC to demand it so! This is getting ugly and for good reasons!

• singingsoul says:

Our good president has been neutered concerning the Mueller investigation because of Session’s recusal. The recommendation by Session and Rosenstein looks in retrospect like a set up to bring Mueller in to harm our president.
        Our president cannot intervene it would be political suite . I want my president to continue as my president and not be slaughtered because he could firer Mueller.
        Yes what is going on in the dOJ is Session’s responsibility so is Rosenstein and Mueller.
        Session found it easier to pass the ball to Rosenstein and wash his hands that seems so Biblical for a man who shrouds himself in piety .
        Congress investigation into uranium and the dealings is our only hope. I pray after this scandal takes its course that there will be housecleaning including Session to bring true justice for all back for Americans.

• singingsoul says:

Correction : The recommendation by Session and Rosenstein for president to firer Comey looks in retrospect like a set up to bring Mueller in to harm our president.

• AmericaFirst says:

I think it is worse than that. After Mueller gets finished investigating – if he ever does – if the DOJ is finally in a position to investigate HIM for his participation in the Pay to Play and covering up the CGF, it will be spun by the media as “payback” rather than an effort to follow the rule of law.

• Billy (billytrade) says:

Check out Larry Schweikart’s posts on this subject on his Twitter feed for a more potentially positive view of Mueller being a white hat now.

• magatrump says:

I think the boom will be lowered right before the 2018 midterms.

• Jim Smith says:

‘The Nuclear Option’?
      Can you expand on that?

• Blacksmith8 says:

Would you trade shillery not going to prison (because she’s like old and stuff) for one large busload of swamp demon rats doing hard 10 and 20 years and never being legally banned from the hill for an eternity? on one hand I would

OTOH: I want all the lying traitorous scum that left Glenn, Tyrone, Sean, and Chris to die in Benghazi executed with extreme prejudice at dawn in the public square. Then at noon we trot out the lying traitorous scum that targeted Extortion 17 and put them down like rabid commies.

But that’s my death fantasy, YMMV

29. Regina says:

30. BrainwashedBurneyFan says:

Has anyone seen this campus reform video ? People like Trump tax plan but thought they are actually Burney Sanders plan. They are Burney, not Berney fan because they are burned with propaganda.

31. Binkser1 says:

I have a theory about the possible reason for the delay of prosecution on these Swamp critters. Could be that they are making sure the prosecutions are airtight, Sessions isn’t doing anything, etc. But I was thinking of something as well. They have got to know if they charge these people there will be massive civil unrest, especially if it’s their gods Hillary and Bill or their messiah Obama. There will be massive riots, looting, etc and the police will not be able to handle it on their own. We all know how much President Trump cares about this country and her people, so I wonder if they are making preparations for this. Plans for the national guard and the military will need to be in place to corral these animals. Also, the ‘drip, drip, drip’ of evidence of these people’s crimes is being released to the public, albeit the MSM is burying it, but it is still getting out through social media, etc. Perhaps doing this to mitigate some of the “rage” from these people being charged.
    This is just a possible theory and I actually think it’s a combination of multiple things, or like a lot of us suspect, nothing is going to be done about these criminals. I pray to God for patience while all of this is playing out.

• Binkser1 says:

“Perhaps doing this to mitigate some of the “rage” from these people being charged.” I know that the Leftists will go insane no matter what evidence is shown (heck, they could have their gods killing their own family on video and it wouldn’t matter to them). Thinking the slow release of proof would be for the Dems that have not completely lost their mind.

• Ray Titus says:

The President can’t legally use the US military to control crowds or do policing on US soil. It’s specifically forbidden in the Constitution. Governors can call in their National Guard units, but the President can’t use the military. The founders wrote it that way to avoid dictatorship. More likely was the early thought you outlined in your comment where you talked about airtight prosecution. Getting your case airtight before you even let the other party know helps to preserve evidence and avoid things that can undermine what you’re doing. Of course that assumes that there is a plan to take legal action. I’m not convinced there is. If he were to do it, it would cause such civil and political unrest that it may keep him from attaining the rest of his goals. People may want the swamp critters to pay, but feeling good that they got dragged to court will not do near enough as much for this country as fixing its problems. I suspect that Trump is considering all options before racing off to do something.

• AmericaFirst says:

In line with this thought, think about the jurisdiction. What is the likelihood of getting convictions in the DC Circuit if you are accusing the left of corruption, regardless of the extent of proof? Activist Judges, activist juries, brainwashed citizenry, it seems hopeless, and this concern is exacerbated when the accused is black, due to the politicizing of results for any criminal behavior by the American black.

This is not to suggest that if you think justice is unlikely that it should not be attempted, just that it has to be evaluated. My fondest hope is that under President Trump Lady Justice will have the blindfold restored, because I feel that without it we cannot continue as a western civilization.

• Binkser1 says:

Lot of good info, Ray. Thanks!

32. Tparty says:

Many wondered who was so big, and connected to everybody, that he could not be named …
    Now there are reports that Jeffery Epstein and Weinstein are being investigated for ties.

Remember this from months ago?

33. Eric Kennedy says:

Damage control by the NFL Commissioner.

34. andrewe1 says:

With the Senate passing a budget last night, and the House expected to follow, does this mean we have the first budget passed by Congress in like 10 years as Sundance keeps reminding us? Seems worth it’s own post.

35. A true American Hero’s wife posted a video in Citizenfreepressdotcom. There are two parts

36. Jim says:

On a lighter note…this is really all football is when you get right down to it. Told by a N.C. boy who got his start playing Sir Walter Raleigh in the Lost Colony at Manteo before going off to Hollywood and unfortunately becoming a liberal who, if I’m not mistaken, endorsed HRC, but this was made in a happier time:

• Hick humor!
      I do not think he knows the real America.
      He thinks America is the hick character that he is playing.

• alligatriot says:

Humor, yes. Hick, yep.

Knows the “real” America? Most probably. The “hick character” he portrayed for entertainment is most certainly representative of America!
        So is someone who lives in a large city, or works in a dairy, or assembles cars, or performs accounting, or dances on the stage –
        America is an amazing amalgam of citizens, even “hicks”.

Andy Griffith’s humor resonates with me, because by heredity and sometimes choice, I, too, am a “hick”. He was a faithful Democrat, devout Christian, energetic musician, talented actor and his grace in the entertainment industry has been missed since his passing in 2012.

I am better for having had the good fortune to enjoy his talent.

Jim, thank you for the post! Made my day.

37. Pam says:

38. Troublemaker10 says:

New Senate poll gives Roy Moore biggest lead yet

Excerpt:

A Senate poll commissioned by Raycom News Network indicated that Republican candidate Roy Moore has a double-digit lead over Democrat Doug Jones.

Moore’s 11-point lead over Jones is his biggest yet in five polls conducted during the general election campaign and comes two days after a Fox News poll had the race tied.

Moore had 51 percent support among those polled to Jones’ 40 percent. Nine percent were undecided.

The survey polled 3,000 likely voters on Monday and had a margin of error of 2-3 percent.

39. seeing as everyone is waking up to Jeff Sessions, am I allowed to comment again?

Regards

TADP

40. Troublemaker10 says:

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

The press is acting like the press again. I’s love to see what Sarah does after she exits the little door. I think I would scream – and I’m not a screamer.

41. MK Wood says:

This does a good job of explaining F Wilson and the Ds.

42. Regina says:

43. Pam says:

44. Dora says:

45. zephyrbreeze says:

Peter Thiel on what Multiculturalism really is, and why it is so toxic. Anti-westernism.

• AsksTooManyQuestions says:

Great video! It’s from April 1996, but very timely. I loved these points in particular:

0:45 – Multiculturalism has next to nothing to do with the study of other cultures. You do not have, for example, students protesting wanting to learn more about other societies, or more rigorous foreign language requirements so people learn, for example, Chinese.

1:18 – Diversity is another euphemism. You don’t have diversity on a college campus when you have a bunch of people who look differently, but think alike.

2:00 – The primary theme of multiculturalism is that it is anti-western. The basic problem with western culture, in their view, is that it is bad. It is racist, sexist, and oppressive in a variety of ways. It’s worse than other societies.

3:16 – If you start looking for these things, you will find them. For example, if you’re a feminist who thinks that everything that is longer than it is wide is a symbol of male oppression, you will find sexism everywhere.

4:32 – Multiculturalism does not have to do with biology, it has to do with ideology. And the ideology is leftism across the board.

5:17 – Multiculturalism and political correctness must be thought of as different sides of the same coin. The multicultural side is where we look for the victims and the political correctness is where we go after the victimizer. So the people who are the most multicultural are also the most politically correct. Ironically, this discussion about how bad western civilization is could only take place in western civilization with its emphasis on individual liberties and rights.

8:30 – The reason we have problems with things like racism and sexism on campus’ is because people are looking for them too much. If you are dealing with a multicultural educator who is finding this everywhere, you might stay clear of them. Because whatever you say, it’s a no-win situation. If you ask them about racism, it’s an evidence of racism, if you don’t ask, it’s evidence of racism. The cure is worse than the disease at this point.

11:35 – If you want to have a liberal orthodoxy on campus, and you accept no federal money, you should be able to do that. But don’t say you are inclusive and open minded when that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

12:44 – Most people have experienced some form of a negative political correctness story so they are not buying into it. Political correctness is not going to wash with them. They’re saying, ‘Enough is enough.’

• AmericaFirst says:

Wow. Peter Thiel is EXTREMELY articulate and nails the problem perfectly. 21 1/2 years ago! He could have given this exact speech today, describing the PC insanity on campus, although the problem is geometrically worse in the interim. Highly recommend this 14 min. video.

Thanks for posting.