BREAKING:  According to Tish Clark the jury in the trial of Quinton Tellis  for the murder of Jessica Chambers, has reached a verdict:

MISTRIAL!

After an afternoon of absolute chaos in the jury deliberation process the jury states they are deadlocked. The judge in the trial of Quinton Tellis declares a mistrial.

Unfortunately, despite a jury selected from outside the area, the trial appears to have broken down along almost identical social and racial lines evident in the initial case and investigation.  Family of Quinton Tellis, identified as carrying severe hatred toward Chambers, cheering outside the courtroom.  And the family of Jessica Chambers despondent with the outcome.

EARLIER:

Holy cow:

3:15pm EST – Apparently the jury came into the courtroom and announced a verdict of “not guilty”. However, when the judge polled the jury there were multiple “guilty” decisions.  The jury was not unanimous.   The judge then instructed the jury that a decision “guilty” or “not guilty” must be a unanimous verdict and sent them back into deliberations.

EARLIER:

Awaiting announcement…

WHAT THE?....

Tellis is accused of capital murder in the burning death of 19-year-old Jessica Lane Chambers. Prosecutors believe that Tellis had sex with Chambers before he set her and her car on fire and left her to die the night of Dec. 6, 2014, in Courtland Mississippi. Chambers died hours later in a hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Fire Crime, justice for jessica, Police action. Bookmark the permalink.

659 Responses to Final Update: MISTRIAL Verdict Reached in Jessica Chambers Murder Trial – *Update1* Maybe – *Update2* “NOT GUILTY” – *Update3* “Note Quite” – *Update4* Mistrial…

1. This poor girl should have never been in contact with this thug.

2. keebler AC ovfefe says:

3. benifranlkin says:

Maybe in retrospect given what we knew as Treepers and how incompetent the police/prosecuting attorney were this is the best outcome we were going to get. So at least QT will move on to Louisiana where presumably they got the goods on him for the stabbing murder of the exchange student. Will Tellis be tried again in Mississippi?

4. dayallaxeded says:

Sad day, but not wholly unexpected–when a case is based solely on circumstantial evidence, as this one is, the state actually has to eliminate all doubt, not just reasonable doubt. The standard is phrased differently in different jurisdictions, but the general rule is the same. Phone records, even with correlated time-stamped pix/vids, just may not be enough.

If they had foot and/or tire prints that matched Tellis’ and/or Tellis’ clothing to sample for gasoline residue or DNA, it would be a very different case. When an investigation starts out many hours, if not days after the event (triggered by news coverage, including the M&M video of JLC), it’s going to be an extremely tough row to hoe.

5. andyocoregon says:

In one respect it’s good there’s a mistrial. They needed to get those boneheaded jury members out of there.

6. William N says:

If the Not Guilty verdict had held up, imagine the gloating from the MSM. They would have taken an interest if there was an acquittal.

7. TwoLaine says:

CNN has pulled their CNN Special: Justice for Jessica from their viewable archives. It was just on Sun, Oct 8 on HLN as originally planned. It was supposed to run 1st on CNN on Oct 7th, but it got bumped due to a terror attack elsewhere. I fell asleep before it was over on the 8th and watched it On Demand the following day. It is gone and all traces of it too.

BUT, I found a clip and I was right. The fireman said he knew it was Jessica Chambers. You watch and tell me I’m wrong.

Betcha’ that is why CNN pulled it. Conflicting stories.

8. dayallaxeded says:

Champion also now knows how much more he needs to work with his witnesses and how essential it is to deal with the “I thought she said ‘Eric’.” BS. Can’t count the number of times I’ve had to just about beat witnesses over the head to get them to be honest about what the “think” they heard, versus what they actually did hear. In NOLA the slang for “I’m speculating” or “It’s my opinion” is “I’m more than sure.” Really. Consider how that goes down in court. As someone said above, we’re dealing with a whole lot of misedumakashun here and a failure to communicate.

• scott467 says:

Cool Hand Luke.

One of my favorite movies since I was a little kid. Along with the first few ‘Dirty Harry’ movies and Clint’s spaghetti Westerns (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good The Bad & The Ugly). 🙂

9. scott467 says:

“Jury hopelessly deadlocked after 9-10 hrs of deliberations so judge officially declaring mistrial”

______________

Lots of murder trial juries deliberate for longer than 9-10 hours.

As usual, the truth is found in what is not being said in any official capacity:

…………………..
    “Unfortunately, despite a jury selected from outside the area, the trial appears to have broken down along almost identical social and racial lines evident in the initial case and investigation.”
    …………………..

No public official will speak the truth because that would break the spell of psychological denial and violate the doctrine of the unholy religion of political correctness.

The Left claims to desire a ‘separation of church and state’, but their own pagan religion is inseparable (practically indistinguishable) from the state.

“Family of Quinton Tellis, identified as carrying severe hatred toward Chambers, cheering outside the courtroom. And the family of Jessica Chambers despondent with the outcome.”

______________

Why would the family of the accused HATE the family of the victim? Does the family of the accused believe that the family of the victim hasn’t suffered enough?

What kind of people do that?

• dayallaxeded says:

“What kind of people do that?” The family that produced QT.

• LKA in LA says:

They conduct rhemselves like that because they hate white people. It is victory over a white girl. Black people have been taught to hate by their parents who sold them out for a check. Even the nice dressed blacks hate whites. They are also taught in their churches to hate whites because it keeps the money flowing. White people seem to still be in denial about it. Look at prominent blacks—biggest chips on their shoulders regarding whites. NBA, NFL, Oprah, Beyonce, JZ on and on.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

…and OJ.

• Howie says:

Yes, they hate you, Govern yourself accordingly.

• Jedi9 says:

This was something I wrote a while back but never posted it. I think there is a parallel in which such trials such as these where socio-consciousness becomes apparent along the lines of identity politics.

The Irony Of The OJ Simpson Trial

I for one am old enough to remember OJ Simpson’s playing days, and was at the game when the Bills honored him when he retired. I was also in Buffalo during the chase, while watching the Knicks and Rockets finals. What is most interesting about the murder trial, is that the grand spectre of it all regarding media’s transformation, and it’s role forever changed the lives of Americans. Domestic Abuse laws changed, with law enforcement, and media became more intrusive and was a catalyst in what it has morphed into today. Also more than any single event in history, the trial of the century put the spot light on race on so many levels, that it is even being debated today, regardless of whether an opinion is of one that thinks OJ was guilty or not. The fact Simpson was pretty much living in a white privileged world,(for lack of a better term) with his associations, his businesses interests, such as Hollywood, endorsements, and many others, speaks of the hypocrisy of OJ Simpson the man himself, in which the media with unintended results exposed the sub-layer of this mere narrative. (Lets not forget the doctored up Time Magazine cover to portray a more sinister look to exacerbate this optic) When it came time for support, he looked to the African-American community to take advantage of the victim hood grievance of racism to skew his own perception in the arena of public opinion. Before the trial, and his arrest, the subsequent years of the past, he really ignored that very same community, with not having much to do with any causes, nor having any identity with them, he pretty much shunned them with stealth arrogance. The OJ Simpson trail is certainly a study of the American cultural psyche, and exposes the frailty of it to the point of its evolving exploitation, which is something that is still being reverberated today in the advent of social media’s advancement in technology, and now with MSM having a 360 degree turn about. My how we have fallen since this time and the NFL should take note to have a good long look in the mirror! This of course has seeped into American society as a whole divided along lines of social justice and identity politics! ~ Jedi 9

• Raven says:

I am white.

Like me they are all independent thinkers who do not follow any crowd. They are all black and unequivocally love me, a “white girl.”

They love me.

I love them.

If there is a race war based solely on skin color it will be a dreadful day. Because there is no “they,” there are only those whose goal it is to hate, and “they” are of many colors.

• scott467 says:

“Well, I’ll be the nay sayer here and say “they” don’t do anything all the time together.

I have said it before and will say it forever — my three best friends are black. ”

_______________

I am glad you are able to say that. I know some very honorable and good black people too. Mostly older people, except for children being raised in Christian homes.

But unfortunately they are the exception, not the rule.

And nobody should take my word for it, they can find out for themselves. All any white person has to do is wander into any inner city neighborhood that is predominantly black and you will find out in a hurry.

It’s not the color of their skin that makes people hate, it’s the culture they are marinated in.

……………………….
              The following quote is from 1993. Keep in mind that as race-relations go, this was said in ‘the good old days’, when race-relations were at a relative (comparative) high point:

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps… then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” — the very Reverend Jesse Jackson, 1993

One can only imagine how much more relieved Mr. Jackson would be under those same circumstances today.
              ……………………….

And when 95% of black people vote for a Kenyan for president, how does anybody explain that besides voting on purely racial lines?

NINETY-FIVE PERCENT.

Does anyone think most people knew or understood the Hussein’s ‘policy positions’ and voted for him on that basis?

Seriously?

95%….

If white people were even HALF as racist, nobody but white people would ever be elected to public office again.

• Raven says:

I would never say there are not evil people in this world — evil people of every race, tribe, color, religion, etc.

There is evil, there was evil, there always will be evil until the Lord, Jesus, returns.

But evil is not every dark skinned “they.”

All anyone has to do is look at some of the comments posted on this site when speaking of black people to realize there are a lot of evil white people in the world too.

In my job working for the Federal Government I traveled around the U.S. a lot. I was shocked when white co-workers in racially mixed cities (of which I was coming from — Minneapolis) openly spoke to me about “dumb n_____s” and “shooting n____s” as if I would naturally agree because of my skin color.

And those types of things happened and still happen. And they are white people saying evil things about an entire group of people. . . just because of the color of their skin.

I can guarantee you that one of my friends was the best “1950s-ish” mother and homemaker to her three daughters and husband I’ve ever seen.

One is the most gracious, giving and kind woman I’ve ever met.

One is the most honest, charitable, selfless person — along with being the best dressed in the nicest house — person.

All three are Christian.

Revelation 7:9&10, “After this I [John] looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.””

Every nation, tribe, people and language will be before the Throne of God. So not every soul of any nation, tribe, people and language are evil.

That is my point. “They” don’t all do the same thing — ever and/or eternally.

• Bert Darrell says:

and the Obama/Michael combo.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I do recognize that there is a cultural stream in the Black community to hate the white community. We see this one people’s facebook, and in other venues. But I would have to see some defense of the claim that this theme is carried out in Black churches. Well, I assume you mean Christian churches, versus mosques, or that Egyptian religion that is somewhat popular.

• joninmd22 says:

It’s a victory over the White race that supposedly keeps the African Americans down. Jessica
          Chambers is of no importance and they’d do the same to some other little child tomorrow.

• diogenes says:

In a race war your skin color is your uniform. Blacks have been operating under those rules since at least 1965. Until whites acknowledge that fact and act accordingly tragedies like this brutal murder and the “hung on racial lines” jury will keep repeating themselves.

• Beverly says:

WORD.
          “Hating Whitey” is their national pastime. Even they admit they’re bigots. Proudly.

• Sam says:

I took that to mean the family of Tellis hated Jessica and by extension her family, but she was the main target. Bigoted people hate the object of their bigotry. Jessica was a pretty, white, blonde girl. Why couldn’t Quinton have been smitten with a black girl? He went outside the racial boundaries and it must be because the white girl flirted with him and tempted him. She deserved what she got.

That’s me imagining what the Tellis’s are feeling in the above paragraph.Then there’s the ongoing drug aspect. What to say about that I don’t know.

I feel for JLC’s family because now they have to go through another trial. The photographs of her burned are likely horrific. The kind you have nightmares about. The descriptions by the first responders and hospital staff are the same kind of thing.

The prosecutor’s office has to put together a more air-tight case and that will be difficult since everything is circumstantial. it’s terrible that Jessica couldn’t speak clearly when she was foun d, but that’s what fire does to the victim. The prosecutor has got to deal with that and prep his witnesses better.

• PDQ says:

because of her their boy is in trouble.

• Howie says:

Don’t think that. 🙂 We know what everyone thinks about this.

10. alliwantissometruth says:

It’s simple really. A justice system based on the rule of law, fairness & personal responsibility won’t work when you have people who put racial identity, ideology & hatred above all three

The racial hostility that’s been stirred up for the last eight years is having a corrosive effect on all parts of our society

• auscitizenmom says:

The racial identity, ideology and hatred of these people was there long before Obama came into office. He just used it.

• Howie says:

The NG Blacks know he is guilty.

• scott467 says:

Like Sharpton and Jackson, the Hussein was/is a racial arsonist, pouring accelerant all over the fire.

• Risa says:

I believe it became worse under Obama, sadly. Any opposition to him was countered by cries of “racism”, instead of akcnowledgeing profound ideological differences. We see ourselves as blessed by a Constitution and Bill of Rights which state our freedom and rights come from God. Obama and Democrats see us as an obstacle to their dream of Communism. If you doubt it has become worse, just look at the furor over the simple act of standing for our flag and anthem, caused by a group of men who have profited immensely from this country. I am truly heartbroken because I do not think we will ever become a color-blind society. Racial division is just too convenient a toll for the Left.

• LEET says:

Alliwantissometruth:
      I agree completely. I also believe that was all part of the plan when Soros, et al groomed and put obama on the path to the Presidency. To create racial division that would divide this country for decades. To cast white people as racist if they disagreed with obamas far left ideology. It is still part of the plan today. The entire NFL, and BLM, and white supremacists message is bought and paid for messaging by the SAME people who groomed obama. Divide and conquer the American people. I hope Trump can help “undo” that part of obamas legacy also.

• Beverly says:

Tragically true. Really a nightmare. And they don’t say what the races were of those voting guilty and those not: but 7 voted guilty and only 5 voted no: were the latter the black jurors? If so, did they just get up and DECLARE the black man innocent in spite of the whites not only voting Guilty, but outnumbering them???

Breathtaking.

11. deqwik2 says:

Did they test Jessica’s keys for DNA ? They said they found them on trail that leads to QT’s sister’s house. Should have his DNA on them.

12. MaineCoon says:

My take is that we have a foreman who think unanimous = majority. He goes with the consensus in the room. No one corrects him until they get in the courtroom, unless he was corrected and didn’t stand corrected.

As terrible as this was it could have been worse. The initial non guilty verdict could have stuck.

Below Tish Clark states that Tellis will next go to be tried in LA for that murder, but says if he’s found guilty in LA probably won’t be tried again in MS. I think that would be a travesty of justice. We all know that murderers often are paroled in time.

Tellis needs a double murder conviction to assure he is never paroled AND for Justice for Jessica.

• MaineCoon says:

Sorry. Wrong tweet posted. Trying again.

• andi lee says:

I liked the first one just fine. I think, Louisiana has the death penalty. Living isn’t good enough for the habitual offender, Tellis. In fact, his crimes worsened, while time served, lessened.

• penny munday says:

He was charged with first degree murder in Louisiana. He’s gonna wish he got convicted in Mississippi. Angola ain’t for sissies.

• dayallaxeded says:

Pretty sure QT can get whatever the death penalty of the day is in LA–injection/Gruesome Gerty/Hemp Drop–for felony murder+torture. Jury will have to be “death qualified” in addition to normal voir dire. As a persecutor, if you’ve got a DQ jury, you’ve probably got a little edge right up front. May God’s will and justice be done!

• Doug says:

if you ever get a chance to check out the angola rodeo that is something else… went once..

• franker01 says:

I saw a quote from some DA or something in LA referencing their case against QT and saying it was “circumstantial” and the MS case was stronger.
          I paraphrase and not sure where the link is but I’m sure it can be googled.
          Hope this is not the case.

13. Garavaglia says:

Only clearcut way this can be won is DNA on gas can or some other item used in the arson. Just the way I see it. I don’t like it either.

14. CC says:

I read somewhere that they will retry him…lets hope they get a pro for jury selection…they are out there, to help choose your jury….whatever anyone thinks about race or anything else…it was a less than professional endeavor on the part of Panola County. I want to see the store owner…something fishy in that one and his sudden desire to leave town.

And the story on LawNewz about the “gift” to the reporter and the subsequent deputy and his treatment of the media…

The big question is, when does QT travel to LA…or has he been re-arrested? Is he out on bail? Lets hope not…does he have home detention bling? What about the 5 girlfriends? That is not normal.

What a sad situation…and then there is LA….

Sundance, although I lurk, I appreciate your dedication to this….keep up the good work…

15. Howie says:

Hard to get a jury without BLM on it. They took a knee.

• Neural says:

And they always will. They could have been shown High-def video of the guy lighting the girl on fire, and they would still say “not guilty”.

• Beverly says:

Right: see, OJ Simpson, double-murderer, now swanning around Las Vegas with many STOOPID BLONDE Chicks swarming around him. I have to say, my fellow female sometimes mortify me with their absolutely birdbrained behavior.

16. Howie says:

Put him in general population. He will blab to the jailhouse snitches.

17. LULU says:

Good grief! They really tarted him up for the courtroom. New glasses?

18. WeThePeople2016 says:

How long before this guy seriously injures or kills again?

19. Kent says:

What a heartbreaker…followed all day from work..but he ain’t off of the hook yet.

20. Lauren says:

Tellis’ smile grosses me out.
    I’m thinking that something in the deliberation instructions to the jurors was unclear. Did they have questions? Was clarification asked for? Did they test Jessica’s body for Tellis’ fluids? They found Tellis’ DNA on Jessica’s key chain. The defense was going to use the “Eric defense” because Jessica said someone named Eric did this to her. This just looks bad for the county prosecutor.

21. LEO For Truth says:

Panola county is infested with violent gang members, Vice Lords and Gangsta Disciples. Tragically Jessica was involved in relationships since she was 15 with numerous gang members, therefore she knew much about the activities of these gangs.

Jessica was a victim of verbal and physical abuse from these gang members. She was gang raped twice. In the summer of 2014 Jessica entered a Christian Discipleship program. She was a broken young girl…who was severely traumatized.

Jessica left the Christian program determined to turn her life around, she met a woman who was an author at a local church and was inspired to write a book about the story of her life, to warn other young girls the great dangers of the lifestyle, the gang culture that she was immersed in for many years.

Jessica confided in a female friend who lived across the street about her having began to write this book. That got back to the gang members and she was labeled a ‘Snitch’.

Jessica was very possibly murdered, killed by gang members to silence her.

“The Bitches Think I’m Snitching”.

• LULU says:

This is what I’ve always believed happened…

• Kent says:

Hopefully someone else will finish that book.

• LEO For Truth says:

Correct and some things don’t add up in the theory that Quinton Tellis committed this crime by himself. AND what was his motive, that Jessica would not have sex with him? So he just happened to have a large container of gasoline with him and he then got this idea to burn Jessica alive.

I believe that this was a premeditated homicide. The location where Jessica would be burned alive and her car torched, had been selected prior to the night of December 6th, 2014.

• lastinillinois says:

I agree completely.

And I believe the local law is complicit.

I’m thinking she heard stories from her father (who worked for sheriff dept) about local law colluding with the local Scumbags.

She mentioned something to the wrong scumbag, and the Scumbags – or local law – took her out.
          Perhaps as a message to her father to keep his mouth shut.

• LEO For Truth says:

Local Law Enforcement, Sheriff Darby knew all about the drug dealing at the M&M Gas Stop, last place where Jessica was seen alive.

I spoke to a close friend of Jessica durning a phone conversation back then, after her murder. She confirmed that the M&M was a know drug supermarket and a know gang hangout in Courtland.

Courtlandhas a population of about 500. Sheriff Darby knew all about what went on atb the M&M

• lastinillinois says:

And hopefully someone will finish that perp.

• andi lee says:

I do remember that. Thoughts were, the journal was kept “stored” in her car.

• LEO For Truth says:

Jessica was immersed in the gang culture in Panola County and Sheriff Darby and DA John Champion were well aware of this. But they went out of their way to stay completely away from any gang connection to her murder.

• andi lee says:

And her mama fired a gun at a home burgler?

Am I remembering that correctly?

• LEO For Truth says:

No, that was Bryan Rudd and he was at the time Jessica boyfriend. Rudd was a member of the Gangsta Disciples. He was very abusive to Jessica, he treated her like she was his property.

Rudd broke into Jessica’s mother’s house where Jessica was living. Rudd was angry that Jessica left him, she was living with him. Rudd was assaulting Jessica and in the process he found a loaded handgun in the a bedroom, he pointed the gun at Jessica and pulled the tigger, but he missed and the bullet struck a wall.

• Possibly. Or it might just be that Quenton Tellis is a sadistic rapist who would not take “No” for an answer, so he raped her and then killed her so she couldn’t report his crime. Then he tried to in incinerate the evidence.

Jessica didn’t deserve this, but her poor choices are what put her in his clutches. And despite claims to the contrary, racial hatred against whites among blacks is rampant after 8 years of Obama.

22. James W Crawford says:

Will be interesting to see the spin put on this decision. Will jurors step up to assert that they were not persuaded by the evidence or will they portray their decision as racial justice? If the later occurs, then Missippi will be burning.

23. Plain Jane says:

That guy really has acocky a$$ smirk on his face.

24. andi lee says:

You can read Tellis’ Louisiana lengthy indictment here:

(Mississippi indictment was 2 or 3 paragraphs.)

25. kittytrump84 says:

Quinton Tellis has Antisocial personality disorder and Narcissistic personality disorder and probably a few more diagnoses. He is also poorly educated and just plain dumb. He has led a life of crime and associates with people just like him. He has confided in others about what happened to Jessica or at the very least insinuated it. He will brag about getting away with murder to other inmates in Louisiana to gain status. Someone who knows, whether that someone is already in jail or to be arrested in the future will roll on him.

He is arrogant. He thinks he got away with murder, but we all know he is as guilty as O.J. Let him think it – he will run his mouth.

26. LEO For Truth says:

The week of Jessica’s murder, Jessica was in great fear for her life. She called her mother over to her computer and located a song at YouTube, played it fir her mother while tears were streaming down her face while telling Lisa that she wanted this song played at her funeral.

Two days latter Jessica was burned alive.

27. Jim says:

Now let me get this straight…jury comes in and chairman reads not guilty verdict, judge polls individual jurors and half of them give guilty verdict…jury did not understand instructions…judge sends jurors back to jury room…jury comes back without unanimous verdict…still don’t understand instructions…judge declares a mistrial??? What the heck is this? What kind of jury is this? Who gave them the instructions (presumably the judge?)? I have never heard of such a thing. Is this a common occurrence?
    Just think of the agony this girl’s family have experienced, the time lost for both families, and the time lost for the jurors. What a mockery of what used to be the best justice system in the world. You know when it comes to the statue of Lady Justice we’ve all seen with a blindfold, a scale in her right hand, and a sword in her left, she now appears to me as having Google glasses on her eyes, a handful of hundred dollar bills in her right hand, and a marijuana joint in her left.
    Good grief, is President Trump going to have to fix everything in this country or what?

• andi lee says:

The docket was scheduled for two weeks. I’m not faulting the judge but he could have allowed more deliberation time for the jury to *understand* the meaning of the word “unanimous”.

• Patriot1783 says:

Issue falls under jury instructions and that subject falls firmly at the judges feet.

• Jim says:

More time to “understand the meaning of the word unanimous”? Let me get this straight, the jury doesn’t understand the meaning of the word unanimous but they are competent to render a decision in a murder trial? Is anyone else comfortable with that or am I way out here in left field all by myself.

28. gymcy81 says:

Is there a recording of what Jessica tried to say?
    If yes, then maybe others could listen and interpret the lip / throat chard word(s)?

If no, maybe what they say they heard is an inaccurate interpretation?
    The word “eric” would be tough to clearly pronounce with a compromised throat, tongue, lips.
    Maybe it is like the telephone game, where what the listeners (mis)’think’ what they heard, and it was actually something different – and he / she has (mis)conveyed a clear word to others?

So, to help clarify:
    maybe a similarly challenged speaking individual needs to try saying some words to the first res-ponder(s)…and see what they ‘think’ or interpret those words to sound like – and see what % they get right / wrong?
    (and factor that accuracy into the (un)certainty of her saying ‘eric’…and factor that into whether that word is sound testimony to include in the case, or not.

Maybe the res-ponder(s), independently, and recorded, might be able to whisper, sound out, or partly replicate (not (mis)interpret) the sound that was heard from Jessica?

Then some other linguistic experts could listen to the replica – and compare it to sounds made by people with challenged tongues, lips etc.?

imho
    I do not know

• LEO For Truth says:

8 different 1st Responders, Firemen, EMT’s and LEO put forth written statements from what Jessica stated to them individually, when the asked Jessica who did this to you? Jessica said ERIC.

ARE they all wrong?

• BlueDevil says:

They could all be right. But, that doesn’t mean more were not involved. They have his DNA on her keys. They have her phone on the path to his sister’s house. They have the ping of his cell phone and her’s at the crime scene immediately before the fire.

The name she called with a completely burned throat does not exclude the proven scientific fact he was at the crime scene at the of the murder.

• LEO For Truth says:

No one said that Tellis was not connected to this homicide. WHAT was the motive ???

• joninmd22 says:

You mean other than covering up rape, keeping the gangs drug dealings secret, or any other reasonable possibility? Maybe he just wanted to kill someone.

Some people are like that.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Someone wrote an interesting comment somewhere on this thread. Jessica had changed her life and decided to write a book about warning other girls about these drug.gang cultures. She told someone across the street about it. The poster now wondered if the gang heard about the book and had to rid her so that she wouldn’t “snitch” on them.

I found it– poster named LEO for truth on this thread:

LEO For Truth says:
            October 16, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Jessica was very possibly murdered, killed by gang members to silence her.

“The Bitches Think I’m Snitching”.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I was debating whether to bring this topic up and I’m glad someone did(gymcy81).

My thinking was:
        Didn’t I read somewhere Jessica had gas poured inside her? If true, then how would she have been able to even pronounce any words properly if her mouth was in pain, inflamed, burned, Etc. When I burned my tongue due to hot food, I had hard time speaking for a bit. Didn’t any of you?

Eric is a two syilable word. So is Tellis.

‘LL’ is a hard letter to pronounce because the tongue goes to the upper teeth. Say Tellis without pronoucing the ‘LL’ and what does that get you?

‘T’ is also another letter going to the roof. of the mouth. If Jessica is incapable of forming the letters ‘LL’ , she most likely would not be able to get the ‘T’ sound out either. Now try saying Tellis without the ‘LL’ and the ‘T’. What do you think? And with her mouth in pain, It’s amazing that she even said anything!!

The sound ‘S’ is another tricky matter, esp. for the hearing impaired by birth, but I’m not getting into that yet.

Unfortunately, if true, this would fall under the file of “Assumption”. Tellis, if he really did it, got away with it.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I meant to add, if my theory has credibility, it would at least, put doubt on “Eric” clue, the only clue to excusing Tellis.

The other theory–very far-fetched, is that some of the firemen, police and court are involved in the drug culture there and helped to cover up. We have to admit not 100% of the gov’t employees are good. All it takes is 1% bad guys to screw it up.

• Truthfilter says:

She didn’t call him “Tellis.” She likely called him “Quinton.” Does anyone else besides me hear the “k” sound in “Quinton?”

Do you hear the “k” sound in Eric? Now imagine saying “Quinton” with your mouth burned, without the normal use of your tongue.

• andi lee says:

Everyone of them said the scene was very loud, noisy, could barely hear over the noise. Hard to believe so many 1st responders (a dozen?) subjected her to so many questions with her type of injuries.

• LEO For Truth says:

Subjected her? They knew how important it was to know who set Jessica on fire…there was limited time, Jessica was dying.

• BlueDevil says:

Exactly, just use the logic of where the cell phones were co-located at the approximate time of the fire, and, the fact he never contacted her ex post facto.

• LULU says:

She’d had gasoline poured down her throat and she was set afire. How would anything she said be absolutely letter perfect?

That’s as bogus as O. J.’s dried out leather glove fiasco. Anybody with a brain knows that a leather glove won’t go on over a rubber glove. Ever. A wet, the dried, glove is stiff and shrunken. Those of us who wore kid gloves know how much work it was to work them back to the correct size and to pliability.

29. kittytrump84 says:

Why don’t they just ask them if they are 100% certain she said Eric? Could she have said Derrick? Could she have said AIR? Are you 100% certain she did not say AIR?

30. ditzee58 says:

Along with Champion’s poor performance and a lackadaisical police force, attitudes like those from the woman I quoted are why there was a mistrial: “I’m glad they didn’t get to railroad him like the do so many other young black men in the pass and the future… the evidence have spoken.” Spelling errors are not mine.

31. covfefe999 says:

Are we going to have to devolve (or perhaps it’s the opposite) into executing our own justice now? The only consolation from this mess is that the guy is facing another trial with even better evidence. If I were Jessica’s parents I would have to take action if the guy isn’t found guilty at one of the trials. I hope nobody hates me for saying this. His being set free will be due to race, but my desire to execute justice wouldn’t have anything to do with race.

32. andi lee says:

Oh wow …

33. georgiafl says:

Reminds me of Jesse Matthew.

• Yes. Very much so. Both are serial offenders. Both are serial killers. Both deserve to be executed.

• georgiafl says:

Glad this perp is going to be kept in jail for the other murder.

If this was a really small town in SGA that I know, this murderer would be shot trying to escape one dark night very soon.

• Jurors and courts might be forbidden to take that other case into consideration but, for me, that is what “seals the deal” on his guilt.

I have not read any statements from jurors, so I really don’t know if the “not guilty” votes were cast as a matter of conscience (based on reasonable doubt) OR if it was a matter of racial animous that manifested as jury nullification. But, if if was the former I believe they either fail to understand the difference between Beyond a “Reasonable” Doubt and Beyond any SHADOW of a Doubt. Perhaps Willful Ignorance also came into play.

At any rate, this result is quite disappointing, and I would not cry if that SGA type of incudent occurred. This animal is guilty and deserves an end no less painful than that which he administered to his victims.

• Jim says:

I hate to say it but that may be the only justice out there now. I admire our law enforcement officers and I’m sure they struggle with this when they see just how pathetic our justice system is. After the O.J. Simpson trial verdict and the totally opposite public reactions to it, I completely lost confidence in our justice system. I was told once by someone on this site that the only justice you will ever see will be that which comes in heaven. That is so true and furthermore there will be no mistrials there.

• georgiafl says:

Unfortunately, some LEOs are dirty. I grew up with a dirty sheriff in our county seat. He was replaced by several ‘boy scout’ Christian folks over the years. The current Sheriff is my high school classmate and a former State Trooper. Good guy and had to put up with a Sharpton/Crump attack not so long ago. The county won!

34. You're Back! says:

Well Sundance, you knew it would come to this many moons ago. I am so sorry for this sick society we live in. Thanks for giving like minded justice seekers a place to vent.

35. sassymemphisbelle says:

This trial has been a total mockery of our judicial system for sure.

The next time anyone in our magnificent tree receives a jury duty notice in the mail please remember Jessica. She deserves the best jurors, as do all murder victims, listening, discerning evidence and testimony.

I personally have only been called for jury duty once. It was a capital murder case and we were sequestered for a week. I found the whole process fascinating and extremely enlightening. We had a very diverse group of individuals.

At the end of the trial, we concluded there was reasonable doubt on whether the defendant had killed the victim in cold blood or in self defense. I wont lie to you, for the better part of the trial, i hated the defense attorney. But i give him props for the crucial points he made that led to his client’s freedom. And the state’s attorney did a piss-poor job of giving irrefutible proof that the defendent was guilty.

I will never forget what one of my fellow jurors told the group while we were deliberating the verdict. She was a retired AA school teacher, she said “there weren’t any choirboys in that car that day”. Simply said and so true and sad at the same time.

So to wrap up my tale, think before you glibly try to shirk your next summons for jury duty. Our judicial system is only as effective as the people who make up the juror pool.

• covfefe999 says:

I would love to be on a jury, especially for a trial like this one.

• P says:

Probably many of you have seen this black and white movie —- 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda, Jack Klugman, Lee J. Cobb along with other really superb actors (1957). IMO, I think this is how juries are supposed to figure things out. They sure don’t make movies of this quality any longer. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/

• Ann2321 says:

It is not easy. I was on a jury for a man accused of raping an 8 year old girl. I thought it would be interesting to do and I would be fair. It was interesting , but very difficult. She was raped repeatedly over many months. I found it very troubling and could not sleep at night and my stomach was upset for a couple of days after the verdict. Her father and I cried throughout the young girls testimony.Those jurors have heard troubling testimonies and seen horrible pictures of her burned to death. Our jury ended in a guilty verdict and we gave the maximum sentence. I honestly do not think I could do a child molestation/rape again. I am glad I did it, but would not do it again. I have done my duty and will take non violent cases if asked again, but I would tell the judge I would have a hard time doing that again.

• sassymemphisbelle says:

Whoa Ann, you are a strong woman to endure that trial. Thank you for persevering in getting that monster off the street and into prison.

• Jim says:

Now that is an example of what the jury system should be all about. It is a sacred duty and is extremely serious business. Sure it is inconvenient to sit on a jury and it can also be an emotional challenge as you so beautifully pointed out. If I ever have to have my fate decided by a jury, I only hope there are members like you. God bless you for your service.

• Jim says:

Let me tell you my experience as a juror.
      Day 1: met in the jury selection room, watched a dated video presentation, waited a couple of hours, were told to validate our parking sticker, broke for lunch. After lunch we were told we wouldn’t be needed for the rest of the day, told to call in the AM and we would be told if we were not needed.
      Day 2: Called the number. Told to come in at 9. Signed in. Waited a couple of hours. Was told that the computer was going to select who was staying. I got selected. Broke for lunch. After lunch was told to come back tomorrow morning to one of the courtrooms at 9.
      Day 3: Came to the courtroom, was seated. Attorneys and judge present. Told this was a case of dispute between an individual and an insurance company, no other parties. Jurors were individually asked a set of questions by attorneys. Broke for lunch. After lunch, questions began again, judge leans on his hand with elbow on desk and dozes. One attorney asks all of us as a group if any of us had ever had a problem with an insurance company. All hands raised. We were all dismissed.
      Is that typical or am I the only one who has had something like that happen.
      You know its really a shame we can’t clone PJDT and have him run everything, isn’t it?

• sassymemphisbelle says:

Thank you for showing up even tho you ended up being dismissed. I was thankful to not have been picked for a civil trial, i would be afraid of getting lost in the legal jargon of rules and financial regulations.

• Jim says:

I’ll bet you would at least know what unanimous means! From what I have seen, you may well be more qualified to be the sitting judge than most. Believe me, from my limited experience, many judges are not like judge Jeanine on Fox. Some of them seem to think that when they sit on that high bench up there they make the laws, interpret the laws, and enforce the laws. Thank God we have our President appointing a new bunch now. I think I will call them “Trump’s Wild Bunch.”

• Have you ever thought it was a mockery on purpose

36. joshua says:

beginning to understand why the KKK was created when legal justice was corrupt or prejudicial.

37. Jim says:

Look at all the deliberations you guys have done on this case with the time you have put in and the extensive research, timelines, etc. you have painstakingly gone through, and now we are told that the jury didn’t understand the meaning of the word “unanimous,” so the judge has declared a mistrial. If the jury didn’t know the meaning of unanimous, what the heck went on in the jury room. Think about that for a minute. I must be from another planet or something if no one has a problem with that.

• Saywhat? says:

Lol, it was unanimous… they all unanimously agreed that they disagreed. (After a WHOLE DAY AND A HALF!!!) So the one that was the smartest one of the whole bunch that was selected to represent them as foreman thought that meant not guilty instead of mistrial. I guess they needed a glossary of definitions added to their jury instructions.

• Saywhat? says:

And from the reports of Tellis’ family and friends loudly celebrating outside of the courthouse, I don’t think they understand the difference either. This is the epitomy of ignorance at all levels.

• sassymemphisbelle says:

I’m with you Jim. Its obscene that this jury was the best the court could find.

38. James W Crawford says:

Although I am disapointed by the verdict and convinced that some juros were motivated by racism, after reviewing the coverage of this case by TheConservativeTreehouse, I am acutely aware of how long it took to get an indictment and arrest. All of the cell phone communications and locations data should have been available to law enforcement within a day or two. The fact that it took many months to make an arrest suggests that even the police snd the DA were uncomfortable wiyh asserting guilt based on circumstantial evidence.

I hope that the police took DNA samples and did a sexual assault exam. Perhaps they were reluctant to introduce such evidence in such a racially charged situation.

• lastinillinois says:

You are giving that “law” in Panola County WAY too much credit, in my opinion.

• georgiafl says:

We learned way back when the Clintons were in Arkansas, that once an area law enforcement has let drug cartels operate, voluntarily, via bribes or threats, the criminals will run the area and there will be heinous crimes and mishandled justice.

This seems to be the case in Panola County MS.

39. Truthfilter says:

K-K-(W-I-N-T-O-N). Phonetically, “Qu” makes a “k” sound.

40. Herman says:

Lets not forget ming-chen hsiao

41. keebler AC ovfefe says:

The “e” in both “eric” and “tellis” is a short e. As in the words “egg” or “tell”.

The “i” in both “eric” and “tellis” is a short i. As in the words “ick” or “it”.

The enunciation of consonants has to be removed because consonants require tongue or lips to be functional. Jessica naming “Eric” implicates Tellis rather than absolves him. The consonant “L” frequently becomes “R” for people who have trouble with pronouncing “L”. Jessica named her killer.

42. Saywhat? says:

I was a lurker from the very beginning of this case and I’m truly, truly sick at the incompetence and pure ignorance that was exhibited. LE said they checked out every Eric and Derrick in Panola County. Wow, would luv to know how they decisively narrowed their search to the county limits. Next..I agree wholeheartedly that the prosecution having their witnesses on the stand repeating the fact that Jessica said Eric damaged their case. ( I thought for sure they had some ace in the hole by doing that.) Last…. I now have zero confidence that they thoroughly checked out lovely Chakita or her cousin ERIC. Sounds to me like she was on to Jessica hangin out with her “man” and mayb wanted her out of her way. “Hey cuzz, can you do me a favor? I’ll get u some awesome gold-grilled teeth!”

43. Watcher says:

If the sheriff had placed a couple of deputies at the m&m clubhouse the case would have been solved in 48 hours.

44. perpetuaofcarthage says:

I think it was a big mistake for the prosecutor to describe Jessica Chambers to the jury as a “beautiful, blonde …”. It may be true, but it sets up a racial context and raises the question of how much the definition of beauty is tilted towards caucasian features. So, it is could be very irritating for a black woman to hear and make her less likely to convict.

45. Lulu says:

So what I understand is you can now set white people on fire in America with no consequences if you’re black. This country is so far gone.

46. sundance says:

The outcome today was predictable from the very first press conference:

• LEO For Truth says:

Exactly ! Sundance….remember when Darby-Champion said, we don’t have a gang problem…

• This case was how I first found this treehouse…stayed in the limbs and changed my screen name during the presidential races . So very disappointed in the results of this trial, but not really surprised. It was a circle jerk from the beginning. May Jessica rest in peace😢

• John Wilmette says:

same!

He begged her for four sex four days in a row and she loved the attention. He bought her dinner at Taco Bell and he felt that entitled him to sex. He forced himself on her, stripped her and tried to rape her. She fought back hard and he choked her out. He thought she was dead. He raced home to get his gas and tried to burn the evidence. There is enough evidence here for sure. He lied about his alabi often, he was with her at the exact time, he lied in a VM/text to her with that creepy sweet dreams VM and then deleted her contact info and messages. It was enough. Champion didn’t a terrible job and I’m not sure if he’s good enough for the challenge. Could have asked the EMTs different questions to show it was incoherent, unreliable, heresay, and irrelevant because of the shock, pain, loss of conscience and mouth and throat injuries which were beyond significant. The next trial will have to be nearly perfect. The defense will likely intoduce even more reasonable doubt scenarios next time.

47. In Az says:

Bloody H3// (as the Brits would say).

My heart goes out to the family.

What a POS that murderer cretin is.

48. Nailbanger says:

Someone needs to kill that smug turd,,,
    Typical jungle bunny garbage
    People like this is why i wish for a collapse, they are marked