October 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #270

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,308 Responses to October 16th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #270

1. Tmonroe says:

Given the leverage hopefully being created to guide Pakistan into doing the right thing on different fronts, I hope that change includes this:

2. Pam says:

3. Pam says:

4. Sandra-VA says:

5. Dazza says:

Anybody reading or read “The making of the President, 2016” by Roger Stone?
    I started it yesterday and it promises to be a great read. Some interesting info even in the Preface.

6. Kelly says:

I have seen several folks on here comment that they enjoy going back to watch the TV coverage from election night. I have done that many times as well and end up with the biggest smile on my face. I love watching that great night unfold. However; that night I was glued to the CTH website reading the comments roll by and was having a ball. Since that night I have always wanted to have a transcript of the comments so I could re-live CTH as well. Is there a way to retrieve that? Could it be done in a format that could be available for readers to purchase. I would be glad to purchase a transcript. May not be possible but I think it would be fun to re-read that night as it unfolded.

• I thought there was a way to find the archives – here is a link to the threads for the month of November 2016 – I scrolled down to 11/8 so hopefully you can find it.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Just bookmarked. Thanks for posting. What a night!!!!!!!

• Kelly says:

Thanks so much. I wasn’t sure how to find it.

• Lack is not all says:

Thank you very much. I am one of those who watches the you tube videos of the night of the election at least once a week. My favorite listening while knitting. The most I enjoy is when the president wins Ohio. They all and I mean all, including British videos are flabbergasted and so full of rage, they are like children denied of candy. Pretty soon I will know their words by heart like I know the dialogue of Casablanca. I will enjoy much reading the transcrips of our conversations that faithful night although I was not participating. I was so anxious waiting for the results that just reading what the others say was enough for me. And even reading was done with intense trepidation. Now, I could enjoy it as much as I enjoy watching the videos I couldn watch that night . Its so miracoulous that we won.

• TPW says:

Funny I thought I was one of the few compulsive people whom keep revisiting something in this cruel world that makes me feel good. I can’t tell you how many times I have watched “secretariat” when my brother passed. It was a fluke to keep my mind off the hurt never realized it was more than that.

• piper567 says:

“My favorite listening while knitting.”
          HA!
          Thanks, Lack, for this wonderful picture…”Pretty soon I will know their words by heart like I know the dialogue of Casablanca.”
          Yours is such a wonderful sharing of your personal version of being a Deplorable!!
          Treepers are special.

• Mariposa323 says:

So true . I remember that night , when I thought , God sent us so many signs that He would do something big , but the waiting was excruciating . The only thing I can compare it to is being at the bedside of a dying loved one , praying for a miraculous healing . And then it happens. I remember holding my phone so tightly and reading CTH and praying like crazy … this place was our lifeline to hope and belief that the miracle would happen . And it did !!!

• boogywstew says:

Whatever you are doing to your brain … keep on doing it! What a spectacularly great idea!!! I came to the Treehouse about 7 PM that night and didn’t leave until about 5 AM … “And a good time was had by all!”

7. youme says:

The Chicago fire claimed nearly 300 lives, destroyed over 17,000 buildings covering almost 3.5 square miles, and caused over $200 million in damage. Roughly a third of the city lay in ruins, and an equal proportion of the population — nearly 100,000 people — became homeless.

“All the law offices were destroyed, all the major hotels were destroyed, all the major department stores were destroyed, and all the major banks were destroyed,” Skilling noted. “These were the institutions that formed the fabric of the city, and they were all gone.”

There was no Federal Emergency Management Agency back then — no Illinois Emergency Management, either. There was also little appetite for victimhood and no time to complain. Even before the bricks stopped smoking, the people of Chicago vowed to come back bigger and better than before.

The city was rebuilt at a pace unimaginable by even the city’s most wide-eyed optimists. By 1880, Chicago’s population reached a half million. A flood of talented architects were attracted to Chicago by the post-fire construction opportunities, and many stayed on in the 1880s to design a new generation of buildings.

The advent of structural steel allowed them to build higher and more beautiful towers.

8. Nchadwick says:

DANG GO ROSE

• WSB says:

Is there a statute of limitations on that for the 17 year old? Because Judge Nap tonight on McCallum’s Fox show seemed to think that all criminal indictments are past the point of no return. NY changed their rape laws in 2006, so maybe there is some hope.

9. Nchadwick says:

This guy makes me laugh — LMFAO

10. Fedback says:

President Trump greets supporters in South Carolina. High energy

11. youme says:

The new F-35 Program Executive Officer, Vice Admiral Mat Winter, said his office is exploring the option of leaving 108 aircraft in their current state because the funds to upgrade them to the fully combat-capable configuration would threaten the Air Force’s plans to ramp up production in the coming years. These are most likely the same 108 aircraft the Air Force reportedly needed to upgrade earlier in 2017. Without being retrofitted, these aircraft would become “Concurrency Orphans,” airplanes left behind in the acquisition cycle after the services purchased them in haste before finishing the development process.

12. CorwinAmber says:

Well, at this time tomorrow evening, my wife and I will be dining with the President…and several hundred more of our “close friends” whom I have never met :o) This event promises to be the culmination of my 50-plus years of interest in all things political. And, while I am not confident that we will actually personally meet our CINC because of all these other interlopers, I was thinking of coughing “Conservative Treehouse” if we are so fortunate. Come to think of it, I wish Sundance would sell lapel pins that we Treepers could wear on such occasions to proclaim our affinity for the Treehouse. Normally I wear a commemorative Pentagon 9-11 pin since I was there on that fateful day, but I would certainly wear a CTH pin if one was available…would make a great fundraiser for this website methinks. In any event, wish me luck…I’ve actually bought a new suit since my wife wants to play dress-up (in case Melania is there) and a new cell phone for pictures; in fact, I just may take my first ever selfie if I can get close enough to POTUS (and he doesn’t mind). MAGA!

13. georgiafl says:

This will make you smile!

Sweet, Sweet Little Baby Boy!!!

14. Mrs. RedLeg was watching FNC this evening making dinner and Martha came on with a story about the opioid crisis to be run on 60 Minutes. (that caught my BS meter attention right away since I don’t watch FNC anymore, much less 60 Minutes) Anyway, during Martha’s report the name of Marsha Blackburn (TN) came up and I said to her (Mrs. RedLeg) “they must be really scared of Ms. Blackburn in TN, ’cause they’re out to trash her/take her out very early!”

Now, I don’t know the subject at all, but I have what we all now know as Suspicious Cat Eyes on this one!

• The Boss says:

You can almost bet Corker had something to do with this. The deal is she co-sponsored some legislation dealing with prescriptions that the drug industry supported. There is some linkage to opioids, not sure if direct or indirect, but the game is she is responsible for the over-prescribing of pills. THIS will blow up like so many other MSM hit pieces.

15. Well, it appears some blacks are waking up – this was posted on Reddit – warning about BLM, the far-left and the plans for civil war – NOTE: FOUL LANGUAGE:

• delmarvajim says:

It figures that Nov. 4th will be a full moon

• volintn says:

Ha! Delmarva, so funny….reminds me of how crazy my students ( K-2 ) used to get during a full moon. I don’t know about adults, but even my angelic students with excellent behavior most of the time would act differently during a full moon. It’s just a phenomenon we teachers had to deal with….your remark just triggered me! LOL

• H.R. says:

No, volintn. The students retained their normal behavior during a full moon and the teachers became more sensitive and less tolerant.
          😜

• Pam says:

Yes, a full moon and also when the welfare checks come out. 😉

• Sandra-VA says:

Wow! That guy is WOKE!

Sundance – you might want to make a post about this. He is dropping a whole bunch of truth here. He is warning about Nov 4th. Knows that BLM and White Movement is fake… knows Soros is at work. We should make this go viral.

• piper567 says:

I followed the-after video from Cyber Command IT, from a LEO, a group started by Vets.
        worth a listen…
        would be interested in how Treepers are perceiving this Nov 4th threat by antifa…
        This LEO says antifa is being open ab this, and have a website re guns, training, etc.
        and we know who is behind this..
        just as this young man said…

• Howie says:

The second they attack white zones they will be slaughtered. He is right. if they stick to burning down their own zones no, they will be contained and given space by the leftist cities. They won’t last ten minutes around here.

• auscitizenmom says:

Hope so.

• mariner says:

They’ll be slaughtered only if they attack white zones in red areas. They’ll be able to kill white people with impunity in blue areas.

When the white population has been reduced sufficiently to turn the areas red it will be interesting to see who gets slaughtered.

• allhail2 says:

Not here either. My suggestion for them is that they put their bravest out front. However, once the rest realize who they are stumbling over, they should figure it out real fast that this was a terrible idea

• sunnydaze says:

Glad somebody is finally speaking out about the devastation that the Left/Dems have planned/wish for Americans.

It’s been clear for a while now that they want a Civil War and are “training groups up” to instigate it for them.

It’s up to all sane Americans to #resist and this guy is doing his part, beautifully.

• The Boss says:

This man is quite intelligent. Who is he?

• Dear Chaz.
      May your tribe increase.

16. PDQ says:

17. Nchadwick says:

He is truly a President for the People — there is so much going on here between secret service – found it interesting.

PRESIDENTIAL STOP: Trump Makes Secret Service Stop For His Fans

• Publius2016 says:

Wow! Our President loves being with the American People! So much joy!

• Sandra-VA says:

He is very well protected, that is for sure! Those SS guys are extremely alert and looking in every direction. I feel better having seen that. Didn’t like that Keith left… now all is good 😀

• M.A. says:

OK, now that made me EXTREMELY nervous.

• Minnie says:

How sad, while viewing this video, it dawned on me – SS has a difficult job, no doubt, yet they must view each person Mr. President encounters as a “threat” as opposed to an adoring, supportive, America-loving Patriot.

You could see their relief only once he was safely back inside the Beast.

• Nchadwick says:

Yes I noticed that as well — some even seem to be shaking their heads — I know much has been said about the issues there are within the Secret Service — but the ones that serve and dedicate their lives are very much hero’s. I hope they get a handle on the issues that surround them – not only for the safety of our President – but to bring honor back to their profession. As a child, I remember my dad pointing out secret service around President Reagan and telling me their job — I was in awe of them. I’ve done the same things with my kids – pointing them out during speeches and events…. 🙂

18. Nchadwick says:

LOVE IT — “Mad DOG” originated through fake news…

Secretary Mattis speaks on the Origins of his Call Sign: CHAOS and Nickname Mad Dog

19. Troublemaker10 says:

And,

GAME OVER: Empty Stadiums STUN NFL Owners Over the Weekend

20. Bendix says:

It’s good to see that the cost to New Yorkers of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s aid to Puerto Rico is being examined.
    May New Yorkers have already donated heavily to this cause, but should residents be forced to, because as Andrew says, New York has the largest Puerto Rican population outside Puerto Rico?
    What services that taxpayers have already paid for, will they not receive because Andrew gave away revenue to another country?
    As one commenter notes, the money may eventually come from the president; but it will be Andrew
    Cuomo receiving the credit, as he’s doing this in hopes of getting votes from the Puerto Ricans who will be moving to Florida and thus be able to vote for him in 2020.
    As a New York taxpayer, I resent being forced to contribute to this early start to his campaign.

21. sunnydaze says:

22. Bull Durham says:

Follow this link to the best source explaining the FaceBook troll “story” about Russians and the election ads. You will be amazed at what and who and why.

Here’s the direct link: http://thesaker.is/a-brief-history-of-the-kremlin-trolls/

23. Regina says:

24. Minnie says:

Crazy!

Let’s see if I can clearly convey my thoughts –

TV Commercial just now for a brand of gentleman’s shirts (name is unimportant), tag line “not all shirts are created equal”.

So, if that’s true (according to some branding/ad dept. think tank) why is it considered absurd that men and women deserve separate bathrooms?

Or that girls should remain in the Girl Scouts and boys in the Boy Scouts?

It’s truly a mixed up world 😐

25. sunnydaze says:

Hillary’s bagging out of her UK interviews with the excuse that she “broke her toe, **running ** down stairs while holding a coffee cup”.

Like she can run. LOL:

• Sandra-VA says:

OMG!! That is horrific and incredibly sad 😦 According to a poster on that story, he was orphaned at age 4. He worked incredibly hard and was much loved. Worked for Pam Bondi as well as Rubio and Trump Campaign.

It does make one question how a mentally ill person was able to have access to guns.

Just so damned sad!

26. Publius2016 says:

Just read October 25, 2017 may be the day they declassify the JFK files…Please President Trump do it! We need transperancy. Let truth have its day.

27. ALEX says:

Will see on this..Sundance wrote an article on some of the rabbit chasing her leads end up being..Been more then enough chatter on various boards about the Russians being involved with Clinton people during campaign and that this will end up being the real collusion story..Will see…

28. Trumppin says:

I stumbled on this tonight when youtube suggested it to me (shockingly)
    Dr. Victor Davis Hanson wasn’t a trump train guy but he is pretty accurate about
    why obama killed the democrat party and why trump won etc.

it continues at the 15 min mark there about on this longer video where he goes into elite conservatives and current events surrounding Trump

29. Hannity says there’s something big being released tomorrow. Hillary should not sleep tonight.

30. Pam says:

31. Howie says:

John McCain Delivers Blistering Takedown Of Trump’s ‘Half-Baked’ And ‘Unpatriotic’ Worldview

32. Troublemaker10 says:

THIS SYRIAN GUY JUST HILARIOUSLY DESTROYED EMINEM’S ANTI-TRUMP RANT IN NEW VIRAL VIDEO

Syrian comedian, Treka:

• auscitizenmom says:

I tend to be a little prudish at times, and this guy definitely uses those words we don’t care to hear, but he is really funny. I recommend this. 🙂

33. True or not this is avery j interesting story on obama michell and their supposedly adopted children! Have anyone seen any picture of Michelle obama when pregnant?

34. nwtex says:

Gov. Scott declares state of emergency ahead of white nationalist’s speech at University of Florida
    OCTOBER 16, 2017

Florida Gov. Rick Scott is declaring a state of emergency in advance of a speech white nationalist Richard Spencer is scheduled to give at the University of Florida.

Scott warned in an executive order Monday that a “threat of a potential emergency is imminent” in Alachua County. Spencer is slated to speak at the campus in Gainesville on Thursday.

Spencer participated in a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that led to deadly violence in August.

Scott’s executive order will allow local law-enforcement authorities to partner with state and other law-enforcement agencies to provide security for the event. The university has already said it expects to spend $500,000 on security.

The governor is also activating the Florida National Guard to help with security if needed.

35. StormyeyesC says:

Wrong. Gainsville is a lib college town. Scott didn’t announce anything until today and he needs to keep control of things, unlike the CVille Mayor and his dems. Scott is on top of things.