Friday October 13th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

197 Responses to Friday October 13th – Open Thread

1. wondering999 says:

Hi y’all

2. Grandma Covfefe says:

Hope in the Lord and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it. Ps 37:34

3. NewNonna!!! says:

On this 100th anniversary of the miracle of Fatima, may our beautiful Blessed Mother watch over her children as we journey on this earth on our way to eternity. May she always lead us to her most Precious Son, especially those most in need of God’s Mercy.

God bless us, every one.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Eleanor always has to get in the act.

6. Kristin says:

May the soul of Jessica Chambers find eternal peace and likewise all the victims of the LV murderous killing. My thoughts and prayers go out tonight to everyone who has lost a loved one in senseless killings.
    For some reason I feel very sad tonight when I see that the lives of our citizens do really not mean as much as we always think.

7. flame says:

Alternative math

• millwright says:

et tu brute ?

• dbethd says:

ha. I couldn’t decide if I should laugh or cry at how true it all was. Thank you for sharing.

• auscitizenmom says:

ROTFL 😀

• Jim says:

I had to think about this for a while because I thought when the protagonist here was called a “liberal elitist” that maybe this was a liberal produced video. I could not have been more wrong.
      This is a short, funny parable showing exactly what conservatives face in this country. It is exactly what our President faces every day. Our former governor in NC went through this and lost the 2016 election because he actually thought men should use the mens’ room and women should use the womens’ room.
      Liberals are against Columbus now just like many of the people of his day who believed the world was flat. He proved them wrong.
      Liberals today want us to go back to the stone age because it is natural.
      Liberals today say their news is not fake because they all believe it.
      We could go on and on.
      This video is well worth the short time you will take to watch it.
      Kudos to “flame” for finding and sharing it.

• MTeresa says:

I don’t know whether to laugh hysterically or crawl into a corner and cry. This is the America we live in today. What a hot mess.

8. sedge2z says:

Don’t know where to post this so it doesn’t get buried:
    We have heard nothing about the guy who left his “communication device” in Paddock’s hotel room: His name was JOHN BEILMAN. The FBI raided his home on Williamsburg Drive, Fairport after the LV Massacre.
    Early the next morning before his wife was awake, he went outside with his severely disabled daughter, killed her, and then killed himself. (d. 10/04/17 I think)
    Beilman’s communication device is used by both U.S.Special Forces and CIA. Beilman listed himself as a product designer and manufacturing professional.He was employed by Ultralife Corp 2007 – 2012 where he worked on various top secret communication systems for the U.S.Military. The company specializes in military communication systems for the Pentagon. Their lead engineer for this particular communication system development was John Beilman.
    The article also said “upon the FBI searching the hotel room used by the CIA gun runner Stephen Paddock…..”

• Bakokitty says:

I read about this two days ago, yet we hear nothing more about this. Very suspicious.
      I want to know how he shot himslf in the back of his head with a shotgun.
      I have a shotgun, i really can’t figure out how he could do that, unless he was Houdini.
      Sounds like he got Vince Fostered

• duchess01 says:

Agree, suspicious, kitty! And – if he was ‘Fostered’ – why – what did he know – if anything – what threat was he to anyone – and why would he take his daughter with him?

BTW…what does ‘Bako’ in your name mean? Just curious –

• Bakokitty says:

Read he may have worked for the CIA and if so and he had ties to Paddock, he may have been fostered and the daughter an unfortunate wittness? So she was killed as well? These are only speculations of course. But leave more questions unanswered.

As for bako this is what someone I know told me it means in Japanese.
          Saisen Bako (賽銭箱, contribution box). Saisen is the money contributed to the God or Buddah and Bako (Hako) means box in Japanese.
          When you go to a shrine and make a wish, you first put a coin in Saisen Bako then clap your hands twice and bow once then wish your wishes, not at loud but in your mind.
          Depens on the Shrine, the size of the box are distinct. The photo below is the one at Meiji Jingu (Tokyo). Since they have so many visitors, of course they have a huge Saisen Bako. Sometimes, people throw the coin as they can’t get close to the box, and it may hit your head if you are unlucky.

But it is also a slang( I learned too late, not a good one) for the city I live in in central Ca.
          😳 Too late to change now…

• duchess01 says:

Oh, wow! How fascinating, kitty!

As far as the story is concerned – it made no sense to me at all – but, I do agree – he could have had some connection to the Patsy – dunno – none of what happened in Vegas mades sense – something is definitely wrong when they have to continuously change the story – update it – and when logical questions are asked – go silent –

The story about the Bako (box) is quite intriguing – more so than what we read on a daily basis – thanks so much for sharing –

My guess was some clue to where you were located – unfortunately, I had no idea how to discern where – I wondered if you and BakoCarl were from the same area – both Bakos – lol – now that I know a Bako is a box – perhaps, there is more in your boxes than coins – 🙂

• Bakokitty says:

Yes it is a location hint , I think Carl lives near same local in the Calif. We live in a medium sized city in the San Joaquin Valley. I moved here ten years ago, I like it. . 🙂
              I had another person on another site tell me about the “box” thing.
              I agree that this Vegas tragedy is being handled strangely. They would be better off just being truthfull about what they know. It is not like Americans can’t handle it. Gee, we are a tough people. We have a history of overcoming anything. Their not wanting to answer questions only leads the all the wild speculations.

• duchess01 says:

Exactomundo, kitty! It just might be they cannot answer questions because someone is busy writing the script – or another someone is complicit in a cover-up – all sorts of possibilities – you know – now, a security guard is missing – a witness is dead – what really happened might take longer to discern than anyone suspected – after all, there were 22K people at that concert – many taking cover or running – so what could they have seen but the back of the person in front of them – I suspect ‘tattlers will be terminated’ – just sad!

• sedge2z says:

Bakokitty, the local news said John Beilman used a 12- gauge shotgun, but did not say he was shot in the head. Sad.

• Jim says:

I saw this and looked it up. He did indeed commit the murder-suicide. Whether he is really connected with the Paddock incident, I am not sure. It may be a false flag. There was a local news report where the reporter interviewed a neighbor who described the shots, police call, and arrival of the police, but no mention was made of the FBI raiding the home. That is the part of the story I have not yet seen verified.

• nwtex says:

FWIW–
      “yournewswire.com is CLICKBAIT”

——-

Websites that Post Fake and Satirical Stories
      August 7, 2017
      Yournewswire.com does not contain a disclaimer.

• skeinster says:

Thanks, nwtexas.
        Saw this at another site- the tip-off is in the last paragraphs, full of Turther hoo-hah.
        Sorry for him and his daugher, but think this is probably just a family tragedy.
        and we may never know, as messed up as this whole investigation is.

• Jim says:

You are exactly right. Case closed.

9. Lucille says:

Chet Atkins & Stanley Jordan “Stardust”

10. nimrodman says:

So much for nuclear safety …

Fireworks Detonated at French Nuclear Plant By Green Activists

PARIS (AP) – Eight environmental have broken into a French nuclear power station and set off fireworks to urge better protection for nuclear waste and protest France’s dependence on atomic energy. Utilite EDF insisted that the stunt Thursday by Greenpeace had no impact on safety at the plant in Cattenom in eastern France. The company said the activists were detained eight minutes after entering the site, and threatened legal action.

• millwright says:

I don’t know what generation plant the French use, but fireworks outside mean nothing outside someone ( possibly ) got inside the perimeter. I’ve been inside a lot of “nukes” and any “fireworks” wouldn’t do a damn thing to them !

11. MaryfromMarin says:

No particular reason:

• duchess01 says:

This is a reminder of the evil that lives within man…

Matthew 17:17
      “Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.”
      Matthew 17:18
      “And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.”

King James Version (KJV)

12. Feeling so grateful to be with you all.
    Really in awe at the amount of work our Executive branch is getting done on a weekly basis.
    Juggernaut is the word that comes to mind.

13. Lucille says:

Accepting the Left’s premise about America…

Now, We Know My Mother Has Flaws, But…
    By Selwyn Duke – October 11, 2017

14. millwright says:

It seems there’s no “consensus ” on events in Las Vegas ! But here’s another “take” from two individuals with some serious chops in that arena : http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/former-navy-seal-las-vegas-gunmans-room-not-contained-situation/2017/10/12

Right now its my PO all of us in the “irresponsible media ” need to keep on keepin’ on and continue to dig ever deeper for the truth ! Now that the alphabet agencies have seized control of the investigation – leaving the LVPD as the stooges – the public is is increasingly less likely to ever learn the details and truth of this incident, if the fed’s past history is any indicator !

15. citizen817 says:

16. Lucille says:

“Police-focused NFL protests overlook rising, disproportionate black homicide rate”
    By Valerie Richardson – The Washington Times – Thursday, October 12, 2017

17. smiley says:

Early Morning, Portland Harbor

oil/canvas

(no date)

Holly Ready ~ American ~ Maine ~ Contemporary ~ Impressionism/Landscapes

wake up call 🙂

nice handling of intense color, difficult to do well without overdoing it (sunrises, sunsets).

18. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”
    Luke 2:14 (KJV)

19. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

20. Dora says:

Claude Monet – The Corniche of Monaco (1884)

21. Dora says:

Today is the 100th anniversary of the ‘Miracle of the Sun’.

• Jim says:

Thanks for reminding all of us. The miracle of what the people of Poland and eastern Europe are doing today in their struggle against the spread of Islam may be the miracle of our day. Did you know when the black plague spread over Europe in the late 1300’s the area around Poland was spared? No one knows why.

22. nwtex says:

23. nwtex says:

From the piece 🙂 (bolding mine=nwtex)
    Trump Spikes the Ball, Dances in the End Zone
    October 12, 2017

President Trump declared victory this week. The commander-in-chief is essentially boasting that he has vanquished the nation’s most powerful sports league, its owners, and its players. In other words, “Mission Accomplished.” […]

24. nwtex says:

Bill O. LOVES his doggie! ❤

• smiley says:

he loves his doggie

that’s cool 🙂 ❤

• nwtex says:

awwwwww! Thanks smilie! ❤ That makes me sooooo happy!!!!! That babydoll has THE sweetest lil face….E.V.E.R!
        He's has photos of her all over the place.

No way did this man do what the broad has accused. I will never believe it. nope! never!!

thx again smiley

25. Jim says:

Just want to thank Sundance for providing this forum to all of us. How a small candle can light up a dark room is an amazing thing and that is what I found here just before the 2016 Presidential election. While I and many others were biting our nails and suffering from insomnia, he stood firm and never hesitated when he continued to publish: “Its not even going to be close folks.” I will never forget that and will always be grateful for all the many twigs and branches sending out comments that make up the Conservative Treehouse.

26. nwtex says:

Echo my words exactly….and quite frankly anyone who has a thinker on top of their shoulders and has lived to be 25 y/o

• JustCC says:

This tree house is my safe space on the internet , and I come here for comfort and Holy ways and views that can’t be found most other places , I love Sundance and his truth but theirs so much more to enjoy and I’m thankful too each and everyone here…Thank You All and may God bless and keep us all…..

• Lucille says:

Though I’ve said it myself, the meme that “everyone knew” isn’t actually correct. “Many heard the rumors” would be more accurate. You can’t “know” if you haven’t either seen it in person or experienced it or had it related to you by someone you trust implicitly.

Unless and until such activity and perversion is outed, however, it will continue…even in the light of the Weinstein revelations. That’s why women and men must always object and object in a manner that won’t get them sued for libel. “Who would believe me?” is often said by those who have been legally harassed, insulted egregiously or raped and given as the reason for not publicly speaking out or bringing charges. Bottom line, that risk must be taken, if you want the culture to change. And that seamy part of the industry involved a portion of its inhabitants since the beginning, so it is of long-standing. There is a reason being on stage and in early-day film was considered next to prostitution and a business decent people did not enter.

If you’ve ever worked in the film industry, you quickly realize how fast gossip gets around. It’s like a very small town. You know who is a flirt (and sometimes that’s welcomed), who goes beyond that step and grabs the office workers in the halls, who is propositioning hopefuls behind closed doors, and who is taking advantage of both those who offer themselves and those who don’t. Why? Because most who have experienced such behavior talk. Without evidence, though, righteously complaining doesn’t get much result if the person is powerful; and obtaining evidence is a lot of trouble.

Being proactive about the safety of your person is an absolute necessity everywhere, not just the film industry. All other considerations should pale in comparison. Unfortunately in a business in which fame and fortune hang in the balance, many “go along to get along.” And that’s just a hard, cruel fact.

So I’m glad Weinstein has been outed, not only because his actions and predilections are disgusting, but because perhaps it will give others pause and the fear of losing it all will make them change their behaviors in the short term. Long term? Who knows?

• Lucille says:

Just found this article…

Glenn Close Gives Brutally Honest Response To Weinstein Revelations
        “I’m sitting here, deeply upset, acknowledging to myself that, yes, for many years, I have been aware of the vague rumors …”

Close’s response is female-centric, though. Harassment and compliance demands happen often to men, too. I’ve known male day players who got their jobs being “nice” to male stars.

It’s so sick and sad and sinful….this loss of the sense of right and wrong. It’s been replaced by “whatever works” or “if it feels good, do it” or “doing what’s necessary” when it comes to getting your way or getting ahead. There are sins which affect just the individual with a secondary ripple effect. Then there are sins which affect society as a whole. In Weinstein’s case and those like him, his sins fall in both categories. Walking away from God has its consequences. It’s a lesson for us all.

27. nwtex says:

28. nwtex says:

a.l.r.i.g.h.t!!!!! More cowboys to love!!! XO

29. nwtex says:

• smiley says:

it’s what they do…no matter what the “issue” or “the cause”, they all wait to see how big of a deal it is within their bizarro world peer group…then when it’s safe to join in, they join in.

in with the In Crowd.

I’ll bet BA’s no angel either.

• nwtex says:

Ben Affleck apologises for ‘groping’ MTV host Hilarie Burton
        11 October 2017

Actor Ben Affleck has apologised after being criticised for groping an MTV presenter on air in 2003.

The incident surfaced after he posted condemnation of Harvey Weinstein, who is facing sexual assault allegations.

One Twitter user remembered how Affleck “grabbed Hilarie Burton’s breasts on TRL once” but “everyone forgot though”. Burton replied: “I didn’t forget.”

[…]

Burton recalling how Affleck had put his arm around her and proceeded to “tweak my left boob”.

“Some girls like a good tweakage here and there,” she said on the programme. “I’d rather have a high five.”

On Twitter, after being reminded, she said she was “a kid” at the time and “had to laugh back then so I wouldn’t cry”.

Affleck made his apology a day after posting a message giving his views on Hollywood producer Weinstein’s alleged sexual harassment and assaults.

“I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades,” he said.

“The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick.

“This is completely unacceptable, and I find myself asking what I can do to make sure this doesn’t happen to others. We need to do better at protecting our sisters, friends, co-workers and daughters.

“We must support those who come forward, condemn this type of behaviour when we see it and help ensure there are more women in positions of power.”
        […]

• Jim says:

Like fileting a fish, you have laid bare exactly what lies within these people underneath the shiny surface. We see them play a noble character in a make-believe world and we are tricked into believing that is really who they are. Nothing could be further from the truth, as your post and the reality currently unfolding all around us clearly show.
          Thanks for the post.

• auscitizenmom says:

“ON AIR” SMH

30. nwtex says:

Amiri King‏ @AmiriKing Oct 9

Libs:
    Statues are racist!
    Dr. Seuss is racist!
    Columbus day is racist!

Conservs:
    We don’t see black or white. We see red white and blue.

31. smadallib says:

“Hail Mary Full of Grace – re-elect Trump and keep the Dems in 2nd place”

• Paul Etter says:

Trump is the deceiver and false prophet. The deception will be complete and apparent long before the next election…If there is a next election.

• auscitizenmom says:

DLTRHF

• BakoCarl says:

DFTT

• Lucille says:

“Trump is the deceiver and false prophet.” Didn’t you forget your sarc notice? If you weren’t being sarcastic, then trolling here WITHOUT A FACTUAL PRESENTATION is pretty well boring.

President Trump never claimed to be a prophet in a spiritual sense. He’s made political predictions which have come true because he’s a learned man in his fields of interest. Upon what do you base your predictions?

• Raven says:

Well, you’re a happy, skippy fun sort of fellow aren’t you Paul Etter?

Doom and gloom much?

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you and all your other sooth sayers have fun bashing whomever it is you want to bash for no factual reason.

32. nwtex says:

Isn’t this the morally superior guy who has been slamming the President lately.
    What a disgrace. Poor excuse for a man if you ask me. He isn’t even humorous.
    The broads are dumb as rocks. And then they “wonder why” hmmmm.

33. Dora says:

How the Miracle of the Sun dazzled the sceptics

100 years ago unbelievers flocked to Fatima, hoping to see the Church humiliated. They were in for disappointment

34. nwtex says:

• skeinster says:

How much of their operating budget will go towards parying students to attend her classes?
      She really is the gift that keeps on giving.
      Please, Hillary- don’t ever go away.

• skeinster says:

She really is the gift that keeps on giving.
      Please, Hillary- don’t ever go away.

35. nwtex says:

36. Paul Etter says:

You each have a responsibility to recognize the face and acts of evil and the unredeemable. Do not turn away but personally plunge the sword of righteousness and justice into every minion sent forth. Las Vegas has long been recognized as the seat of Satan and refuge for the damned. No one can visit there and not be burned by the glow.

• Raven says:

“You each have a responsibility to recognize the face and acts of evil and the unredeemable.”

And so by your account Paul Etter, who are the “unredeemable”? I’m thinking your name is not Jesus, Who is the only One Who can redeem “the unredeemable.”

37. scully7 says:

I found this at The_Donlad
    I WROTE A STORY FOR YOU PEDES!

The clock had struck eight, and I could feel my eyes strain,
    But a line on my paper had yet to be gained.
    The assignment- itself- could be simply defined;
    Alas, there were no ideas coming to mind.
    I needed to write some ideas for our nation;
    Some ideas that would improve everyone’s station;
    From ocean to ocean and from the north to the south;
    Ideas I want to come out of a leader’s mouth.
    I just sat there and sat there and looked at my page.
    I’m a kid! How could my policies be seen as sage?
    With my mom still at work and my dad overseas,
    No one was at home to help me feel more at ease.
    I yawned a big yawn, and wondered, “what should I do?”
    Then my door opened and in came someone who knew.
    I knew who he was from what I’ve seen on the news.
    That didn’t explain why he was here in my room.
    He had on a blue coat with a jolly red tie,
    And his hand was balled up, but his thumb was held high.
    The ballcap on his head was as red as his cheeks.
    I sat there bewildered waiting for him to speak.
    He said, “son, I heard your assignment’s got you stumped.
    I can help. The name’s President Donald J. Trump!
    America First is the reason I ran.
    Every single American fits in my plan!
    I want you and your mom to sleep safe every night;
    Knowing your dad is fine, and will come home alright.
    See, our troops are heroes; they’re the best of us all,
    And they deserve the best care for answering the call,
    So when your dad comes home after a job well done,
    I’ll protect his health so he can care for his son!”
    I said, “thanks, Mr. President,” with notepad in hand.
    I couldn’t wait to see what else he had planned.
    “The jobless will find jobs and wages will go up.
    I just want to help those who are stuck in a rut.”
    “That sounds great Mr. Trump,” I said with a smirk.
    “Can you make sure my teacher gives me less homework?”
    We both shared a laugh and he tousled my hair,
    And said, “I don’t know if I can help you out there.
    Doing homework is how you’ll grow up smart like me!
    I’ll make sure teachers teach what you need to succeed!”
    And with a grin, he took the red hat off his head.
    Then he reached over and placed it on mine instead.
    That’s how I knew it was time for him to say bye,
    But before he left he said with a wink of his eye,
    “It will take all boys and girls and women and men;
    To help you and me Make America Great Again!”
    I awoke with a start sitting in my desk chair,
    But then I looked down and suddenly I was scared.
    My paper! It was blank! Had it all been a dream?
    I hoped there was time for me to finish this theme!
    I sat resolved at my desk. In my hand- a pen-
    Writing how I’d Make America Great Again.
    My hand flew across the page; Trump was speaking through me!
    My page was filling up! I was on quite the spree!
    And when I was finished, and I’d reached the end,
    I had to sprint to the bus. There was no time to spend!
    I reached for my bag to store my paper and pen,
    And found his hat that said…
    “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

38. nwtex says:

39. nwtex says:

40. nwtex says:

41. Nikki/Chico says:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Numbers 6:22-27New King James Version (NKJV)

The Priestly Blessing
    22 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: 23 “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them:

24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
    25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.”’
    27 “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”

May the Lord bless all of you today, keep the broken-hearted and down trodden in your prayers and heart. Remember the Lord’s loved ones who suffer pain and loss and physical harm/injury, and who suffer economic hardship, there are so many.

Love
    God
    Bless
    🌹🌺🌺🌺🌺🌹🌹

42. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

43. Bendix says:

Here is another stunning essay from Frontpage Magazine.
    I wish the writer was a little more understanding of President Trump, but I can understand why a deeply religious person might feel the way he does about him.
    I’m going to throw this up to some Jews I know. It is said that Northeastern Liberal Elite is a euphemism for Jewish, but that’s not accurate. I am quite familiar with the type, but I am fortunately also familiar with Jews who do live in the Northeast, are Liberal and vote Democrat, but do not belong to that demographic at all.
    This article speaks in large part, to those Jews, but also to Leftists in general.
    It is well worth the reading.
    It also appears to me to have been written before the worst of the Hollyweird scandals came out, but it is even more relevant in light of those events.

44. Dora says:

For TCM fans.

When it came out this movie was condemned by the Church, the reason being that God gave us all free will. We weren’t supposed to believe that a person could be born bad.

The movie is outdated, but the story is still good. Patty McCormack is terrific in her role. What a great little actress she was.

Enjoy.

The Bad Seed(1956) TCM
    Friday, October 13 @ 04:30 PM (ET)
    Saturday, November 25 @ 10:00 AM (ET)

• Jim says:

This is one of my favorites. The psychological profile of “Rhoda” is without question identical to Hillary Clinton. I do not agree that the movie is outdated; it is timeless. Being filmed in black and white merely adds to the effect. Watch this movie and picture Hillary’s face on Rhoda, you will see exactly what I mean. This is a MUST SEE if you want to understand what lies buried deep within Mrs. Clinton’s psyche.
      Thanks so much for your post. I will definitely watch it at one of the times you mentioned.

• BigMamaTEA says:

LOVE that movie! Have had a copy for years!